Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E14: Into the Closet

• Start Topic

I just feel bad saying anything about Katie, re the wedding. Anyway..

Stassi and Ariana is fairly interesting, in season 2 after Stassi had that party where she slapped Kristen I remember there was a random scene the show sometimes does during commercial breaks and Stassi said to Ariana "Jax confirmed it. So feel free to hook up with Tom another time!" And then in the following scene when Stassi returned from her "sabbatical" in NY she went to Sur to see Katie and had a  somewhat friendly polite conversation with Ariana about her now dating FI and how much better their lives were. So yes I think Stassi always thought she and Ariana were cool. Or "on the same level" with each other.

The thing is, I kind of understand Stassis frustration with Ariana and I think I said it in the wedding shower episode. Stassi had a valid point. Ariana picks and chooses which gender activity she wants to do. And granted yes she is groomsmen so that entitles her to hang out with the guys that night at the bar( I'm assuming it was a groomsmen celebration of some kind) but I assumed the spa day waas a bridesmaid thing. I know pandora set it up but still.  

Edited by WhosThatGirl
I said Araina when I meant to say kristen
  • Love 6

Katie:  "There's a reason I didn't want Arianna in my bridal party."  (So how DARE you pick her as a groomsman!)

Is there anyone here who believes that if she had included among her bridesmaids a woman that Schwartz absolutely couldn't abide, that her response to HIM would be "SUCK it!  It's MY day!  It's MY day!"

• Love 10
47 minutes ago, yourmomiseasy said:

All he's done is complain about money and take passive aggressive jabs any time we've seen him be involved in wedding planning.  I wouldn't want to include him either.

I just get the impression that she took the ball and went running with it, so he complains about the money because he has absolutely zero input. If Katie has the money to pay for it herself, have at it. But if they're sharing the costs, I don't see any reason why she couldn't compromise with him about the costs. To each their own, but I don't get the need for big expensive weddings. If I did want one, and my SO didn't, we'd have to meet in the middle somewhere. 

• Love 12
5 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

I just get the impression that she took the ball and went running with it, so he complains about the money because he has absolutely zero input. If Katie has the money to pay for it herself, have at it. But if they're sharing the costs, I don't see any reason why she couldn't compromise with him about the costs. To each their own, but I don't get the need for big expensive weddings. If I did want one, and my SO didn't, we'd have to meet in the middle somewhere. 

I was my only sister's MOH & I wanted to throw her a really fancy shower....so instead of involving mister & the house money, I stashed away all of my coffee/Sephora/shoe discretionary income for about a year, because I wanted what I wanted & I didn't wanna hear it!  Shower was beautiful, everyone was happy, & I booked it to Starbucks the moment that I had some cash again!!

• Love 11
1 hour ago, WhosThatGirl said:

The thing is, I kind of understand Stassis frustration with Ariana and I think I said it in the wedding shower episode. Stassi had a valid point. Ariana picks and chooses which gender activity she wants to do. And granted yes she is groomsmen so that entitles her to hang out with the guys that night at the bar( I'm assuming it was a groomsmen celebration of some kind) but I assumed the spa day waas a bridesmaid thing. I know pandora set it up but still.  

I'm so annoyed!  I realized last night that while Princess Aboveitall is a groomsman, she's going to be double dipping on events until the wedding.

Which means (if last night was any clue....) she's going to be on my TV more than I want her too.  She's going to be in almost every scene, be it the boys or the girls.

• Love 7
22 minutes ago, dosodog said:

I'm so annoyed!  I realized last night that while Princess Aboveitall is a groomsman, she's going to be double dipping on events until the wedding.

Which means (if last night was any clue....) she's going to be on my TV more than I want her too.  She's going to be in almost every scene, be it the boys or the girls.

The bachelor/bachelorette are a combined event.  No worries.

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

The bachelor/bachelorette are a combined event.  No worries.

Yeah. I am however sure that there will be a few separate events for guys and girls and it will be interesting to see which one Araina chooses to go to.

• Love 2

For the bridal shower wouldn't Ariana be invited either by a guest list Katie put together or by Scheana, Stassi, or Kristen? I guess I do not see a bridal shower as being a bridesmaids only event. I would assume family and friends are also invited. I think at the time (or maybe prior to the invites going out) Katie did not really have a problem with Ariana so wouldn't she be considered a friend? I would think Pandora would have done the inviting for the spa day that she hosted. So I guess I do not see the big deal for Ariana to do both if she is invited. I do not find the whole Ariana is going to the girls and guys events to be that big of a deal. Was it the joint birthday party for Shay and Kristen's boyfriend where Ariana became a problem for Katie, because Ariana did not care about Stassi?

• Love 2

Either way.  She will have been on this show more than she has the last 4 years...combined.  

Sigh. Why couldn't Brittany be a groomsman.  

There are moments when I like her.  I'll shall focus on that. ;)

Also.  Peter needs to go shirtless more often.  I for one enjoyed that. 

Are Katie and Arianna really friends?  Or are they friends by boyfriend?  For me it's the latter.  Princess Aboveitall and Prince of the Iron Flats seem to tolerate Katie because of Schwartz. We've all been friends with that couple where you like one but not the other.  I had to put up with my boyfriend's best friend's drunken girlfriend for years.  Loved him, couldn't stand her.

On the flip side, I've been the girl they put up with.  And you know they just put up with you.  Which could be under the surface reason for how Katie and Arianna treat each other.

Edited by dosodog
Miss Lindsey provoked thoughts from my brain.
  • Love 2

Is Papa Joe out yet or is he still pretending he just likes hanging around young male models for work? 

Schaena was a lunatic at Pandora's party! She went from zero to rage monster in no time flat. I don't find Katie particularly likable but damn, don't use this girls bridal party (even if it is party #30) to tell her what an awful human being she is. 

• Love 3

Lord God--I would rather be captured by Tall Greys ™Stassi than watch the cringe-inducing commercials for 50 Shades of Grey with Ariana et al. Yuck and zzzzz. Ariana and FI have about as much chemistry as two decomposing corpses sitting side by side.

• Love 13

Katie said enough to reinforce why I think she's a bitch. First all, don't describe your 'friends' as needing to fall in line. That sounds about right with her Head Bitch in Charge attitude she's had since she had her power trip when Stassi came begging her for her friendship. Also, proving what a shitty friend she is. Stassi did her wrong and it's perfectly fine for her to appreciate the history of their friendship and give it another chance but it's not cool to take sides in an argument because you value one friend's feelings over another. Don't bother calling Ariana your friend if you're going to go on record saying shit like that. Why does she even need to get involved with Schwartz's choice in having Ariana in his wedding party. Schwartz isn't Stassi's biggest fan and doesn't usually appreciate how Katie behaves around Stassi - Katie would lose her shit if Schwartz said that he'd prefer that Stassi no having any real part in their wedding because he's not comfortable with it. It goes both ways. You can't expect him to accept and respect your friendships but throw a bitch fit when you don't get your way regarding his friendships. 

Also,  I don't see much merit in Stassi's annoyance with Ariana taking part in both the girls' and guys activities. Why can't she be involved in both? I have been to plenty of bachelorette parties and bridal showers where I wasn't in the wedding party but had a relationship with the bride. That's usually the only requirement you really need for an invite. Ariana wasn't asked to be a bridesmaid but was invited to the bridal shower (likely from Scheana) and she showed up. Why is it an issue to show up to places where you've been invited to? lol

And going right back to Katie - why are you harping on an apology when Stassi and Ariana had a mature conversation and both were fine with how their conversation went? Can someone please give me one redeeming thing about Katie? She got an apology from Scheana and she continued to go in on her. In order for them to have a real friendship, Katie needs to be able to speak to Scheana like she's shit because that's Katie's truth and her true feelings. But when Scheana voiced her feelings about Katie being mean to her only when she drinks, she calls Scheana an asshole, lol. Can someone please give me one redeeming thing about Katie? I struggle mightily to think of just one thing. 

• Love 15

You know, I was really enjoying Ari's fuck off attitude toward Stass.  I changed my mind.  Now I think it's mean.  Not that Stassi doesn't deserve some meanness shoved her way, after all the nasty shit she serves up.  But still, it doesn't take away from the fact Ari is being mean to Stass.  

As much as Ari likes to think she's so much better than everyone else in this group, she keeps showing us she isn't.  She can get every bit as lowball & nasty as Stassi.  And Stass has shown us she can make some clever observations & jokes.  Oh, I certainly don't mean all the time.  But she's capable of it.  Ari doesn't impress me as being any more or less clever than Stassi, no matter how Ari perceives herself.  Me thinks Ari highly overrates herself -- in pretty much EVERY way.

Just wondering, does Ari have any friends?  And why the fuck is she friends with a shallow moron like Scheana?  Ari really seems to look down on FI, as an idiot she's way above.  That argument she had with FI (in front of Lala) a few eps back was very telling.  She seems like she really can't stand FI.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

Katie said enough to reinforce why I think she's a bitch. First all, don't describe your 'friends' as needing to fall in line. That sounds about right with her Head Bitch in Charge attitude she's had since she had her power trip when Stassi came begging her for her friendship. Also, proving what a shitty friend she is. Stassi did her wrong and it's perfectly fine for her to appreciate the history of their friendship and give it another chance but it's not cool to take sides in an argument because you value one friend's feelings over another. Don't bother calling Ariana your friend if you're going to go on record saying shit like that. Why does she even need to get involved with Schwartz's choice in having Ariana in his wedding party. Schwartz isn't Stassi's biggest fan and doesn't usually appreciate how Katie behaves around Stassi - Katie would lose her shit if Schwartz said that he'd prefer that Stassi no having any real part in their wedding because he's not comfortable with it. It goes both ways. You can't expect him to accept and respect your friendships but throw a bitch fit when you don't get your way regarding his friendships. 

Also,  I don't see much merit in Stassi's annoyance with Ariana taking part in both the girls' and guys activities. Why can't she be involved in both? I have been to plenty of bachelorette parties and bridal showers where I wasn't in the wedding party but had a relationship with the bride. That's usually the only requirement you really need for an invite. Ariana wasn't asked to be a bridesmaid but was invited to the bridal shower (likely from Scheana) and she showed up. Why is it an issue to show up to places where you've been invited to? lol

And going right back to Katie - why are you harping on an apology when Stassi and Ariana had a mature conversation and both were fine with how their conversation went? Can someone please give me one redeeming thing about Katie? She got an apology from Scheana and she continued to go in on her. In order for them to have a real friendship, Katie needs to be able to speak to Scheana like she's shit because that's Katie's truth and her true feelings. But when Scheana voiced her feelings about Katie being mean to her only when she drinks, she calls Scheana an asshole, lol. Can someone please give me one redeeming thing about Katie? I struggle mightily to think of just one thing. 

I just came to ask the same question about Katie - does she have any redeeming qualities? I'm with Ariana. Why is Katie's truth the only truth that matters? Why is she the only person who can call people out?  And if she doesn't want people to call her on her mean, nasty, drunk texts, she can STOP SENDING MEAN, NASTY, DRUNK texts. She needs to grow the fuck up. 

• Love 13

After watching FI Tom's "photo shoot" with Joe Simpson (yikes!), I wondered if he was a graduate of the Handsome Boy Modeling School.

On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 0:02 AM, Sun-Bun said:

Speaking of Stassi, I don't find her kid brother remotely cute, just an annoying know-it-all who acts like one of those bratty commercial kid actors. Her whole family is just way too damned extra onscreen for me.

Yeah, someone totally fed her annoying kid brother those lines. I was surprised to hear her parents got divorced. I wonder if her mother's new man is as big a fame whore as her father? Leave it to Stassi to "cook" toast garnished with raw cookie dough as a meal. Blech.

On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 0:45 AM, ivygirl said:

Speaking of senses of humor, that commercial for 50 Shades with Ariana was SO bad. Bad meaning bad, not bad meaning good.

I did, however, love the product placement shot of LVP Sangria.  I was SO disappointed to learn that Cost Plus World Market only sells it seasonally.

OMG, that was so terrible! I can see why they're still serving slop at SUR instead of modeling or acting.

Speaking of which, we need to see Peter wearing black tank tops more often.

I do not believe for one second that DJ Muppet Baby's latest *ahem* receptacle is as stupid as she seems to be.

Kristen's bf was so not into doing the drag thing. Ha! Who the fuck would want to do that, anyway?

• Love 2

Seeing Sandoval's modeling shoot and really terrible macting reminded me of the good ol' days for these mactors. I think this show has officially jumped the shark. It was fun when they had had petty fights between two people and maybe people would pick sides: Do you go with Jax and his chunky sweater or smarmy Frank? Do you believe that Kristin really talked to Miami Girl? 

But now EVERYONE hates EVERYONE--including your supposed "best friend" and worst of all, the person you're about to marry! I fear this show has reached that point that all Bravo shows eventually do: None of these people want to be friends anymore, but they're forced to for the show's sake. 

Well, I do believe the guys are all still real friends, with the exception of James, of course. I think this show needs a reboot: Have the guys move to Vegas and become bartenders there and find a whole new cast of girls. Ok, ok, I guess this is real life, so that's not happening.

It's just not fun anymore to see Katie screech about it being "her day" at approximately 35 different events devoted to her, and also watching her treat her "friend" and fiancé like garbage. Ok, well, I guess I'd settle with next season Katie becomes the Shay and is shipped off to rehab.

Edited to add:

I know what's wrong with this show now: There's no central cheating mystery that everyone got overly involved in deflecting/solving. Sure there's James. But he's stupid and no one cares. The big relationship issue is Katie and Tom, and that's not fun to watch. Usually the big build-up is that at the end of season cast party the cheater just up and admits the cheating after the whole season of sleuthing against him/her. This season we're left with will Katie have a groom and half her bridesmaids waiting for her at the end of the aisle on Her Day? The sad part is, we know it is happening, but I don't think it should for their own sake of their inevitable divorce.

Edited by JenE4
And another thing...
  • Love 5
On 2/7/2017 at 0:02 AM, Sun-Bun said:

Speaking of Stassi, I don't find her kid brother remotely cute, just an annoying know-it-all who acts like one of those bratty commercial kid actors. Her whole family is just way too damned extra onscreen for me.

Agree 100%

I don’t think Schwartz wants to get married he’s doing all this to “appease” the beast as he has done throughout their relationship to keep the money train going. He does just enough to appease her. Let’s take the first dog & the engagement ring. These were gifts to shut her up. Schwartz probably pictured being engaged for another 10 years. Through the 5 seasons of this show, I only remember constant stories of Schwartz having “cheated” on Katie. Of course he has only admitted going as far as kissing. I don’t think he has ever been sexually attracted to Katie but gives it to her so that she keeps paying all of the bills. All of his modelling money is being squirrelled away with his parents. She’s is footing the wedding bill. I think their marriage will last longer than Scheana and Shays because he will continually cheat on her and she will take him back.

The Ariana/Stassi/Katie fight has nothing to do with Ariana being “mean” to Stassi. I think all roads lead back to Kristen. Both Stassi and Katie feel a “loyalty” to Kristen because of how she backed them up when they both had no one else to turn to. Since when would Stassi give 2 shits about anyone else’s friendship or opinion of her as long as she has her “clique”. I think Katie is trying to exclude Ariana as a showing of loyalty to Kristen when Kristen was “banned” from the Hawaii birthdays. I really think Katie and Stassi had a discussion before filming to manipulate the situation to get Ariana excluded. So fast forward to Stassi telling Ariana she wasn’t invited to the bridal shower and no one likes her, Ariana’s response of not giving a fuck about Stassi – and Stassi acting like Ariana publicly flogged her.

• Love 4

Having just watched the episode of RHOBH where Pandora gets married, I was shocked to hear her accent is almost completely gone! That house is gorgeous, though; a much more sedate version of Lisa's style.

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, Adultosaurus said:

Bravo is footing the wedding bill.  And their location likely paid Bravo for the marketing.

Why would Bravo foot the bill for this wedding & not Scheana's?  I don't think Bravo paid for much, if anything.  But if Katie hustled the way Scheana did, she could have an expensive wedding on a relatively cheap budget. 

• Love 7
21 minutes ago, OnceSane said:

Why would Bravo foot the bill for this wedding & not Scheana's?  I don't think Bravo paid for much, if anything.  But if Katie hustled the way Scheana did, she could have an expensive wedding on a relatively cheap budget. 

Why do you think Bravo didn't pay for Scheana's - it was televised, it was produced, they paid for it.

1 hour ago, Adultosaurus said:

Why do you think Bravo didn't pay for Scheana's - it was televised, it was produced, they paid for it.

AFAIK, they filmed it, but Bravo didn't pay for it.  Scheana used the fact that it would be televised to get deals from her vendors and cut costs.  I think she also used some of her settlement money.

• Love 4
12 hours ago, kdl88 said:

I just came to ask the same question about Katie - does she have any redeeming qualities? I'm with Ariana. Why is Katie's truth the only truth that matters? Why is she the only person who can call people out?  And if she doesn't want people to call her on her mean, nasty, drunk texts, she can STOP SENDING MEAN, NASTY, DRUNK texts. She needs to grow the fuck up. 

Because Katie has a very limited sense of accountability and that has probably only been heightened by the experience of having Stassi come crawling back to her, bawling her eyes out and repeating apologies to her. She's had so many people question her behaviour when she drinks and she gets mad when people mention it. If people think the moment you're being mean that you're drunk, that isn't some assumption out of thin air, boo. That is an assumption based on your own behaviour so if you want people to change their perception of you, you need to change your behaviour. Her drunk self makes her MORE unreasonbale and catty. It boggles my mind that she continues to drink so heavily, with the same angry outbursts and the same kind of arguments with the people in her life.

• Love 6

Not to tear down the fourth wall or anything, but a friend of mine works on VPR and she said Bravo basically pays for nothing. The whole point of the show is to film the lives of waitstaff on a glorified waitstaff budget. It's up to the cast to leverage their star power for opportunities. Bravo only covers production costs like shooting permits and flying the crew to the middle of the woods to shoot the damn wedding. There's a discretionary fund to boost production value but no one's walking around with $25K in petty cash for Katie's dream wedding (and the inevitable parade of celebration that leads up to it).

If they paid for anything, they wouldn't be able to turn Scheana's $500 freakout over the taco bell house into a storyline. And Pandora actually foot the bill for the home spa day she hosted, especially since she's raiding her mother's sangria cabinet for booze. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, OnceSane said:

AFAIK, they filmed it, but Bravo didn't pay for it.  Scheana used the fact that it would be televised to get deals from her vendors and cut costs.  I think she also used some of her settlement money.

Not to mention it was in LVP's backyard so location cost may have been paid by the producers (not Bravo).

2 hours ago, OnceSane said:

A producer of the show did a really good interview with ESPN's Grantland during season 3 and said the show refused to pay for Scheana's wedding when she asked.  He defended it as wanting to film them having to make actual financial and planning decisions, but the production company is also cheap with that stuff.  When they go to restaurants and bars they end paying for their own drinks because the tab production will pay for is so small.  Production will pay for the one big trip they all go on, but won't pay for the weddings.

• Love 7

One thing that always amazing me about this show is how old all the issues are, and how they date back to before the show.  Like Katie's insecurity when it comes to Ariana.  When Katie was on Pumped podcast by herself after season 3 when Ariana and her were closer, and admitted that she used to be insecure like Kristen was with Schwartz around Ariana back before the show.  Because one time Ariana had said she thought Schwartz was cute, and Katie said no way in hell was she going to let Schwartz be around this girl that was pretty and cool, and actually had things in common with Schwartz.  And then Katie said now she knows Ariana actually is that laid back and cool.  Cut to last season and Katie chooses getting back to being friends with Kristen over staying close to Ariana, and Katie was back to accusing Schwartz of secretly being in love with Ariana.  And that insecurity over Ariana has obviously only gotten worse this season.

• Love 3
On 2/7/2017 at 0:38 PM, yourmomiseasy said:

All he's done is complain about money and take passive aggressive jabs any time we've seen him be involved in wedding planning.  I wouldn't want to include him either.

It would definitely be to his advantage if she would exclude him at the ceremony. That way the money they save on the fees for a divorce attorney could go to pay off the 17 grand they owe for RSVP cards with no place to RSVP.

Let Stassi stand in as the groom. Katie seems to have stronger feelings for her than she does for Tom anyway and then Stassi can stop whining about Patrick. Two birds, one stone. 

• Love 7

I know Tom Sandoval is def thirsty but I just can't help liking him. He cracks me up and I find him kind of cute. As for his acting, I think he would do good hosting a reality show or something. I could see it.

Schwartz is totally like someone I know who will never let you talk about your feelings and if you do he just starts saying sorry and asking for you to stop yelling when you aren't even yelling lol. Katie is a horrible bitch also but Schwartz isn't some perfect guy. Also I agree he stays with her cause she pays for everything. His job is occasional actor and vpr cast member. I doubt he's blowing up as a model too and making serious money. 

Katie has ugly clothes too. I don't get her clothing choices lately.

The scene in Lisa's closet was hilar. Good stuff.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, SFoster21 said:

Not to mention it was in LVP's backyard so location cost may have been paid by the producers (not Bravo).

Scheana's wedding was at Hummingbird Nest Ranch, not at Villa Rosa.  Shay proposed to her at Villa Rosa.  There was also a party there, I think maybe it was Katie & Tom's engagement party. 

Edited by yourmomiseasy
  • Love 2
On 2/7/2017 at 0:02 AM, Sun-Bun said:

Wonder if Momma Stassi is trying to audition (and push) the kid for a Bravo show.  Momma seems very calculating.  Me suspects the apple don't fall far from that tree.

• Love 5
On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 10:11 PM, ScoobieDoobs said:

You know, I was really enjoying Ari's fuck off attitude toward Stass.  I changed my mind.  Now I think it's mean.  Not that Stassi doesn't deserve some meanness shoved her way, after all the nasty shit she serves up.  But still, it doesn't take away from the fact Ari is being mean to Stass.  

As much as Ari likes to think she's so much better than everyone else in this group, she keeps showing us she isn't.  She can get every bit as lowball & nasty as Stassi.  And Stass has shown us she can make some clever observations & jokes.  Oh, I certainly don't mean all the time.  But she's capable of it.  Ari doesn't impress me as being any more or less clever than Stassi, no matter how Ari perceives herself.  Me thinks Ari highly overrates herself -- in pretty much EVERY way.

Just wondering, does Ari have any friends?  And why the fuck is she friends with a shallow moron like Scheana?  Ari really seems to look down on FI, as an idiot she's way above.  That argument she had with FI (in front of Lala) a few eps back was very telling.  She seems like she really can't stand FI.

One thing Ariana doesn't do, unlike Katie, Stassi Kristen and now Scheana is just go after someone to humiliate and essentially bring the head of the defamed back to Stassi or Katie.  I have noticed even when she is involved in a conversation like say, Scheana discussing the pre-nup, she states her position and doesn't try and people please.  That showed a lot more loyalty to Schwartz and Katie than Scheana.  When the happy couple breaks up, countdown has begun, Katie will thank her lucky stars Schwartz insisted on a pre-nup.

I do think Ariana has qualities that set her apart from the rest and of all the chuckleheads I predict she and Sandoval are working to get more into the production end of things than the performance.  Her indifference doesn't make for particularly good TV.  For next season if it looks like the storyline will revolve around Ariana and Tom, Stassi will come groveling to Sandoval and Ariana, because she wants to be in every scene.

When I see ridiculous scenes such as Scheana plot to blow James up, it is just far easier to side with the indifference that the idiotic spite fests these loons regularly engage in.    Sadly, Brittany has followed suit.   

Ariana when she was on WWHL. said she has had the same group of girlfriends for a long time and they don't engage in the arguing that is the cornerstone of VDR.  Scheana said she is tight with Ariana again and couldn't sing enough praises for Kristen, so obviously, Ariana is somewhat accepting of others' relationship unlike say, Katie, Stassi or Kristen.

Unlike several of the other couples  portrayed on the show, I think Ariana and Sandoval can have disagreements without a scorched earth component.  That is why Stassi is so unnerved because finally someone told her what so many think-she isn't all that.  Maybe it just boils down to Ariana doesn't want to steep in the tea of ignorance this group of people exemplify. 

• Love 8
On 2/7/2017 at 4:21 PM, Misslindsey said:

For the bridal shower wouldn't Ariana be invited either by a guest list Katie put together or by Scheana, Stassi, or Kristen? I guess I do not see a bridal shower as being a bridesmaids only event. I would assume family and friends are also invited. I think at the time (or maybe prior to the invites going out) Katie did not really have a problem with Ariana so wouldn't she be considered a friend? I would think Pandora would have done the inviting for the spa day that she hosted. So I guess I do not see the big deal for Ariana to do both if she is invited. I do not find the whole Ariana is going to the girls and guys events to be that big of a deal. Was it the joint birthday party for Shay and Kristen's boyfriend where Ariana became a problem for Katie, because Ariana did not care about Stassi?

Exactly - Ariana is being INVITED to these events, isn't she?  The bridal shower, the spa day?  It isn't like she's just showing up demanding to be included.   

• Love 6
On 2/6/2017 at 7:32 PM, chick binewski said:

I also cannot imagine a more irritating threesome than Tom, Schaena and Ariana. One complaining that you're messing up their hair, one whining about her teeth hurting and one insisting you're interpreting the Kama Sutra incorrectly. 

"I take threeways VERY seriously..."

• Love 7

Some random thoughts:

1) Brittney's mama must have been so proud that her daughter managed to get Jax into a church - right up to the point where she saw the rainbow flags flying outside...

2) Speaking of Jax in church, I was half expecting him to literally burst into flames when he stepped over the threshold.

3) Drunk or sober, I still very much want to punch James in the face.

4) Apparently Peter donated his hair to his brother

5) Is the 8 minute short film going to be entirely taken up with Tom flubbing his ONE LINE?!?!

6) Joe Simpson, really?!? Was Terry Richardson unavailable?

• Love 6
23 hours ago, sturf said:

A producer of the show did a really good interview with ESPN's Grantland during season 3 and said the show refused to pay for Scheana's wedding when she asked.  He defended it as wanting to film them having to make actual financial and planning decisions, but the production company is also cheap with that stuff.  When they go to restaurants and bars they end paying for their own drinks because the tab production will pay for is so small.  Production will pay for the one big trip they all go on, but won't pay for the weddings.

I stuck the interview in the media thread a couple of months ago because this issue keeps coming up. It's really worth watching for anyone who is interested.

• Love 2
On 2/8/2017 at 5:41 PM, sturf said:

4 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

I stuck the interview in the media thread a couple of months ago because this issue keeps coming up. It's really worth watching for anyone who is interested.

I looked for this in the media thread but didn't see it.  Would you mind reposting?

Edited by heatherchandler
16 hours ago, Ubiquitous said:

How did Katie manage to make RSVP cards without a space to put your name? Wouldn't the people at Kinkos have pointed it out to her?

I can't believe the printer allowed a mistake like that. 

On 2017-02-08 at 1:11 AM, ScoobieDoobs said:

Part of that perception is the way Stassi is handling it. Stassi was out of place and rude to Ariana at Katie's bridal shower. When Ariana clapped back at her, Stassi felt embarrassed by it and toned herself down. The normal Stassi would be confrontational and act like a smart ass but I'm not sure Stassi feels like she has that leverage on Ariana so she pulled back. If Stassi pushed back the way she's been acting toward Scheana, I think the perception of Ariana's behaviour toward Stassi wouldn't be seen as mean because it would appear as a two way street. Stassi isn't engaging but instead playing the role of 'I just want us to get along and be able to have fun when we're around each other' and Ariana isn't having it, likely because she's aware of Stassi's past behaviour. Personally, I think the only reason why Ariana isn't dealing with a bitchy Stassi the way Scheana, Kristen and Katie have in the past is because Ariana isn't giving Stassi the leverage of thinking that she has any real desire to be her friend. If Ariana isn't attracted to being part of Stassi's exclusive group of friends (the way Scheana was and still is), the only other way to at least be good with Ariana is to play by Ariana's rules.

Based on comments about Ariana outside of her VPR castmates, she's described as a pretty laid back person. I think Ariana does think that she's above the drama that the rest of the cast engage in and probably thinks that she's better than the rest of them based on their behaviours but I also think that the general superiority complex she displays is due to her trying too hard to prove to viewers that she doesn't fit the negative mold of being some shallow, meddling drama queen...but it in turns has created a whole other negative perception that's separate from the other women.

• Love 9
11 hours ago, Swim mom said:

I can't believe the printer allowed a mistake like that. 

I wonder if it was a mistake. Wouldn't they have started with a template that they tweaked for Katie? The fact that it didn't include a space for a name or number attending seems like Katie deleted those sections without understanding the repercussions.

• Love 2