Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E09: Tell All, Part 2

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, leighroda said:

Robyn didn't help the burning bridge conversation much with "of course you would, you would save anyone"

Ha! Now THAT made me roll my eyes. Because....no. No, he wouldn't. 

1 hour ago, Lm2162 said:

100%. At some point they both have to take responsibility, be honest with each other and move on. Meri is just as manipulative as Kody is egotistical. Maybe some believe that's "because of polygamy," and it might exacerbate it, but sorry, based on her behavior with her sister wives, daughter, businesses and catfish, I think that's just who she is and who she'd be no matter what. The money, the houses, the wet bar...That's not 100% due to polygamy. And even if it was, letting 6 kids you're supposedly going on TV to say you "see as your own" possibly go hungry because you want an equal budget for no reason, makes you a shitty person. It might be because of jealousy but the kids aren't responsible for your stupid religion and marital problems. 

I agree with you that it's not just a polygamy problem. Plural marriage may have exacerbated it, but I can see her being just as gamey and manipulative in a monogamous marriage. 

43 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

If she leaves, she will be cut from the children. You think Kody and Robyn are going to let her babysit King Solomon if she's dating Joe Schmoe?  Now that her daughter is a lesbian and her heteronormative vision for Mariah's future is gone, Meri may be more likely to hold on to the Brown family.  She wants a role/purpose - mother, grandmother, wife. That's what she was raised with and that's what she'll probably die with. 

I, honestly, don't see Meri getting cut off. Yea, it might get a little weird if she had a new boyfriend, but hello - they were all banging the same dude! And Jenelle was banging Meri's brother before banging Meri's husband! Christine and Kody are apparently related! I just don't really see anyone trying to pull that crap but Robyn. I think everyone else, why ofttimes shitty partners to each other, is usually really good about doing right by the children. 

43 minutes ago, MrSmith said:

Well, and in a monogamous relationship, you generally genuinely work on the problems before you completely give up on the relationship.

Yup. For the man, there's little incentive to work on things. It's exhausting and what's the point if the other 3 wives are being decent to you?

43 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

This x 100.  Meri was young and very naive, and infatuated with this smooth-talking, worldly pretty boy.  Based on all the "lovahhh" exchanges we heard from them back in the day, I absolutely think that Meri agreed to polygamy to get Kody, but assumed that she would be all he'd ever want or need.

Was Kody that much more worldly or experienced than Meri? They always seemed to be on the same plane to me in the beginning. (I even think they look alike!) If Kody told her she had to agree to plural marriage, why would she think she could woo him out of it? That kind of change-a-man crap never works. Story as old as time. Also, according to them, Christine was sniffing around about the time they got married. I'm assuming it never became super serious until after he married Jenelle, because Christine was insistent upon being #3. But Kody and Meri said they knew Christine would be in their family one day. I just really don't see her as thinking she could get Kody to forget about plural marriage. I'm more inclined to think that she genuinely agreed to do it and thought she could handle it, IF she was always number one. Hence the way she treated the other wives in the beginning. 

• Love 4
48 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

If she leaves, she will be cut from the children. You think Kody and Robyn are going to let her babysit King Solomon if she's dating Joe Schmoe?  Now that her daughter is a lesbian and her heteronormative vision for Mariah's future is gone, Meri may be more likely to hold on to the Brown family.  She wants a role/purpose - mother, grandmother, wife. That's what she was raised with and that's what she'll probably die with. 

I don't think she's all that close to the children. 

I'm probably closer to my nephews and nieces than Meri is to most of the children. And I live 20 miles away from them. 

Meri doesn't have to move far. She just needs to get out of the cul-de-sac because it's toxic for her. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, leighroda said:

I think this is part of the reason this form of marriage isn't the best... normally in a relationship if things aren't working you separate, end the relationship and move on, but in polygamy you remain in the relationship and the man just moves to the next wife... so especially the woman is "stuck" while the guy moves on. I wish Meri would just leave, it's obvious they don't want her there any more than she wants to be there and that's a crappy place to be.  Even though I'm not generally a Meri fan, it is sad to see how she is being treated now, even if it's karma.

Exactly! Everyone saying they can't blame Kody for not wanting to try to work it out, well, fine, I agree the blame can be shared and there's really nothing to salvage here it seems. But then why not put an end to the sham? They are already legally divorced, but a spiritual divorce (I guess) seems the next logical option. If you won't work on it, why not just move on rather than stagnating? If Meri is so much about just fixing and/or moving on, why isn't she demanding that from Kody too? Fear on her part, I'm sure, because as everyone pointed out, she'll lose everything if she leaves, especially her daughter. Mariah will never forgive her if she really does leave now. And he gets to just comfortably ignore her and still get everything he needs from the other wives, while Meri remains miserable and alone even surrounded by the crowd of their family. BLERGH.

That being said, damn, those older kids really turned out well. Especially Logan, Aspyn, and Hunter (!) -- he's really grown up since entering the Academy.

Edited by taragel
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, MrSmith said:

Well, and in a monogamous relationship, you generally genuinely work on the problems before you completely give up on the relationship.

True, I didn't mean to sound like it was a flippant decision or anything... I just mean in a typical monogamous relationship both parties move on, not just one.

• Love 6

...one honest story about coming out...

And I have my doubts about that as well.  Timing was just too darned convenient.  Designed for 1) the show and 2) an attempt to steal the spotlight from her half sisters.  I'll believe it's for real in, say, 5 years once she's out of school and out of the realm of "reality" TV.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, DakotaJustice said:

There IS a reason. Because of the show, there's a significant percentage of the viewing public who considers Meri & Kody still an item/married. Now it's clear, from their own mouths, that they've been estranged/apart since before there show. Just look at all the people who said she was "cheating" on Kody with the catfish. By the time that shit started Meri was already legally divorced and K&R had married - just weeks before Overton came on the scene in fact.  

I never considered it an affair or cheating because I don't believe in polygamy and now with this revelation that they hadn't been having a physical relationship for some time- Meri is for all intents and purposes a single woman and in fact was at the time of thecatfishing which began 2 years ago already. 

Sure she acted stupid but I don't think she was cheating. 

But *she* believes she is fully married. I don't think my opinion about her relationship arrangement and agreements and whether they are valid matters more than hers. Just like polyamorous people can cheat. If they agree only to have sex with 2 other specific people but go outside of that, they are cheating. It doesn't only happen in monogamy. 

Also, the Browns don't think legal marriage means anything. Only spiritual marriage. 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, b2H said:

Here's the thing:
I don't think growing up in a polygamist household teaches one, especially a woman, how to be self-sufficient.   That is, not reliant on anyone else, a man in particular.  The whole idea may just be foreign to her with no idea how to even begun. 

There used to be a 'Save Jinger' page during the Duggar craze to get her out of that awful environment.  For Meri to be able to do this, she would need some serious hand-holding.

I guess, but I grew up in a highly restrictive & abusive atmosphere/religion as well (and knew many others who did too). Not quite as bad in terms of religion, but worse in abuse, and Meri isn't isolated and hasn't been for a very long time. She could have gone back to school like she planned. She was supported. She has work experience, some money, a paycheck from a show, lives in a city with many jobs and many men. She's not kept by others or by finances from traveling, studying, or working. That's more than many people have. Not pregnant, no kids except one grown one, no physical abuse or control at home-- in fact, your husband isn't even around you. They're clearly not very religious any more, not influenced by church members. Your past will affect you, but IMO at some point you are responsible for your own choices. Kody was close to her age and no more worldly or knowledgeable when they married. 

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 5
43 minutes ago, Lm2162 said:

But *she* believes she is fully married. I don't think my opinion about her relationship arrangement and agreements and whether they are valid matters more than hers. Just like polyamorous people can cheat. If they agree only to have sex with 2 other specific people but go outside of that, they are cheating. It doesn't only happen in monogamy. 

Also, the Browns don't think legal marriage means anything. Only spiritual marriage. 

They may say legal marriage doesn't mean anything but it does when they want it to. There was no reason for Meri and Kody to get a divorce, despite the claim about the adoption, but Robyn wanted to be the legal wife and it was devastating to Meri to not be anymore. Then when Kody and Robyn got legally married they went on a honeymoon. So I don't care what they say - it matters to them.

• Love 15

I almost fell off the couch when I thought I heard Christine say after they showed the Truly saga that she was sleeping with her that night and she would be drinking WINE!!!??? Something like....I will give her some grape juice but I will be drinking a glass of wine. I know alcohol isn't specifically banned from their "religion" per say, just shocked she'd outburst that fact! Go Christine!

Also about those Har mones- I did a little internet search about that and Kody was not all full of it when he warned them about it. I was shocked to read SEVERAL articles about kissing and exchanging saliva....and there is some truth to what he says. Wow, just wow!

• Love 7

Having more insight into the state of Meri and Kody's marriage when Meri "offered" to divorce Kody so he could adopt Robyn's children, is interesting.  It brings up more questions than answers, though...  

Edited by rayndon
2 hours ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

Har-mones. Heh. 

Didnt anyone else notice the banner about halfway through Christine's portion, announcing the upcoming special "Brother Husbands"??? I am beside myself with anticipation!

I didn't see it.  Did it show any dates?  Sounds interesting!  

• Love 1
5 hours ago, MrSmith said:

Yep.  There is no other wife for the husband to run to who will soothe his angst.  It's too easy for the husband to not be all in when there's other wives.  

• Love 3
5 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

Not only that but she'd be cut off from Mariah. Despite Mariah's claim to have seen the light about feminism and to have developed all of this critical thinking, she is still completely unable to see that her father has any role or responsibility in her mother's unhappiness. Even when Kody actually admitted he might have contributed, she shot him down and said it was all Meri. I can't imagine if Meri left Kody that Mariah would ever speak to her mother again and you know Kody wouldn't encourage any kind of reconciliation. 

YES YES YES!  Exactly right. 

• Love 1

I would have a lot more respect for this moderator if she passive aggressively mocked the family by pronouncing words "fill" and "dill."  She missed a golden opportunity here. 

Is it just me or did Kody's hair suddenly get a lot grayer? 

• Love 2
22 hours ago, tinaw said:

Watching this tonight. I didn't notice in the original airing how pissed Kody looked when Mariah told the family she is gay. I mean if the camara wasn't there I think he would have thrown her out. 

Scary

Hmm, I had a different take.  I thought he was genuinely okay with it.  I think his eyes just look like that.  Like, that's his resting expression. 

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Lm2162 said:

I have my doubts that she actually believes that anymore. If there was no show, she'd have been out of there like *that*. 

4 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:
5 minutes ago, ladle said:

Hmm, I had a different take.  I thought he was genuinely okay with it.  I think his eyes just look like that.  Like, that's his resting expression. 

Is that "resting moron face" LOL

I was thinking about his "resting sharkface" expression.  So I suppose that technically, he has two resting faces. 

• Love 4
11 hours ago, MrSmith said:

I'm not entirely sure her relationship with Mariah would suffer if she left. I think she could leave and have Mariah's support, but she'd have to be honest about why she's leaving. 

I disagree 100 %. Female children generally take the father's side. 

9 hours ago, MrSmith said:

That and she's the best looking one of the bunch (though that isn't saying very much).

Just repeating what I've said before,  I think Janelle at 160 pounds would be a knockout.

1 hour ago, LilWharveyGal said:

Can anyone help me out?  What does, "Robyn:  Breaking the Chains," even mean?

I suspect it is Kody referencing the fact that Robyn was "trapped" in her first marriage after having her purrity stolen from her and then only after being freed (from her ex filing for divorce) and wandering filled with hopelessness until Kody rode up in his white sports car Lexus and S A V E D her.  It most likely has something to do with her catch phrase on twitter too.  Love gives us wings...they like metaphors and stuff.  Love gives you wings and lets you fly free cause Kody's love saved her etc etc.  You can insert your own gagging noises as needed...

• Love 8

Some thoughts after viewing...

For the question of did Meri want Kody to ACTUALLY stay away or is he being set up to have to fight for her… she did skirt that question and then turned it around with a “we need a break until we can come together”.  Hmmm, sorry Meri that isn’t an answer. Men aren’t mind readers and when you set them up like that it can bite you in the ass when they listen to you and think that is what you want.

“Why did you fall in love”.  First I think this is an interesting way to phrase it, I would think more “how” did you fall in love.  Read their book and God himself reached out of the heavens and pushed them together, Kody fasted for two days and then in the euphoria of his fast realized Meri was his one and true soul mate.  But I think Kody likes to balloon things up into great metaphoric divine moments.   However listening to Kody tap dance that Meri looked at him with respect and adoration and he was excited that they were going to “build a family together” makes me think that is where his respect for her began to dwindle.  He thought he was going all in!  He and Meri were chosen to be together by God and they would lay the foundation on this Earth for his exaltation for eternity.  She was expected to fulfil this grand role and she failed.  Instead of becoming the rock solid foundation that the family was built upon she became the poorly constructed foundation that will forever need work just to keep the rest standing, with more attention and family resources being leached from other projects to continually repair and repair issues that continue forever. (How is THAT metaphor for you Kody!!??)

YES, Kody is all about the family.  In polygamous groups the man is in charge of keeping his family in control, if he fails then he falls in his place within the church group.  Now naturally they really don’t follow their previous church group that anyone can see, but I’m sure that training is pretty deep within him.

Meri’s face of stone as Kody says that her leaving will affect “ my ego more than my feelings”.  Wow. Just wow.  Sadly Meri is waiting in vain for Kody to just throw himself on the floor and cry out “Meri!!  It’s your choice…but I NEED you to stay, I can’t continue without you!!”.  Sorry Meri, that ain’t happening.  We saw the other interview with him stating that his love is “platonic” and his trust is “pragmatic”.  And who can ever forget when Kody was "designing" jewelry pendants for his wives and he compared Meri to "a loyal dog". Yup...

ALSO!  Interesting how Kody has acted on the show as though he NEVER believed Meri was ever leaving, yet he clearly states that he thought she was definitely leaving back then and in the other interview thought that she was having a “full blown affair” when on the show he states that she is “making friends” and just talking on social media.  Hmmm…with such a broad swing its difficult to figure out what to believe.

Ahhh. The on camera dig!! When Kody looks and points at Meri about “making the effort” to put the pieces together.  And the burning bridge crap was so much CRAP!  Meri’s “its all good…” was anything but.

Mariah definitely ensured that she would get plenty of one on one face time.  She does seem more relaxed…but I think she is really enjoying her spotlight.

With the older kids…and all their attention with Mariah.  Did anyone get the sense that Mykelti wasn’t too thrilled that zero attention seemed to be on her?  She seemed really off and when everyone had told their versions of Mariah’s coming out with each of them the interviewer had to specifically point and say “what about you two?” meaning Mykelti and Tony as a unit. The same when Maddie was giving her old news about being pregnant and Mykelti only showed any emotion when "oh shit" came out of Maddie's mouth.

At the end…did anyone catch what Kody said when they were discussing “plans” for a 5th or 6th wife?  Kody said how they “weren’t planning” on Robyn, and then Robyn responded but then he kind of mumbled “and we weren’t planning on Christine” but then they moved on pretty quickly.

I really think that life inside Christine in a really tough life.  She has to live in that light and fluffy rainbow fairy land because if she really thinks about her life in a deep way she will feel the years of distain that man has for her. That pain would most likely send her hard and heavy to her bottle of happy pills and a bottle of wine.  She hardly got a word in, and the few things she said were in her super weird voice anyway.  She tried to join in when Robyn was preaching about their church and homosexuality.  Christine tried to break in and Robyn expertly ignored her, something I think happens a lot.  I remember a couple of episodes back when in a couch scene Christine was trying to talk and Robyn used the "S" in the word she as a long "shush".....shutting up Christine pretty quick. 

• Love 6
15 hours ago, MrSmith said:

I won't get to watch this until tonight, but did he really, actually, seriously say this? If so, O. M. G. and W. T. F!

This is true, but despite that nothing sweet will fall out, watching her hitting him with a stick would be tons more fun!

I think there's going to be a line long enough to circle the whole US twice of every single woman, myself included, who would love nothing more than to take a nice swing at Kody with that stick, especially making it so he can't physically reproduce anymore.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, rayndon said:

I didn't see it.  Did it show any dates?  Sounds interesting!  

I didn't catch a date. It took me a sec to understand what I was seeing - it kind of seemed like a joke at first. 

2 hours ago, ladle said:

Resting Manson Lamps. 

• Love 3
29 minutes ago, Roslyn said:

I suspect it is Kody referencing the fact that Robyn was "trapped" in her first marriage after having her purrity stolen from her and then only after being freed (from her ex filing for divorce) and wandering filled with hopelessness until Kody rode up in his white sports car Lexus and S A V E D her.  It most likely has something to do with her catch phrase on twitter too.  Love gives us wings...they like metaphors and stuff.  Love gives you wings and lets you fly free cause Kody's love saved her etc etc.  You can insert your own gagging noises as needed...

Darn, I had a sinking suspicion it was something like that, but I was secretly hoping they were hip enough to be making a Game of Thrones reference.

Robyn of House Brown, Breaker of Chains, Mother of Dayunaurorabreannas, Wearer of False Lashes, Ruler of the Four Wives, Khaleesi of the Cult-de-Sac... 

• Love 10

Screw that burning bridge shit.

My first husband always made sure he walked on the side closest to the street when walking with me. This way if a car drove on to the sidewalk...it wound hit him not me.

In the big picture it's no big dill. I had bigger fish to fry.

18 hours ago, Runnergirl said:

I thought the very same thing. If you love someone, of course you'll cross a burning bridge for them. To Kody she's just "there" and the body language was evident, even to a beginner. Wish she'd up and leave, too, but I suspect even though she's unhappy, it feels safer for her than setting out on her own. Same reason other neglected women stay in relationships. 

According to Sobbin'  He would cross it for us!  Poor Meri. Lumped in with the haters. 

• Love 2

OK. I am totally in agreement with those people who have said Meri plays games. Even my wife was amazed at the "girl games" she plays. Of course, that could be because I let my wife know up-front on our first date that I was out if she played any "girl games". Either she told me what she was thinking or I wasn't going to try to read her mind - and it's worked out well for us so far (20 years and counting). I'm surprised Meri has yet to learn that if you tell him to go away and leave you alone, then he's going to do exactly that.

It was nice to see Kody finally admit that he fully expected Meri to leave the family two years ago. And it was nice that TLC immediately juxtaposed that with the clip of him talking to Mariah and saying "Mom was never going to leave me. Do you think she was going to leave?". LMFAO. That was great!

And Robyn with that burning bridge crap. It was a METAPHORICAL question, you stupid cow! You can't then go turn it into a LITERAL question. And when you do, you get exactly the disastrous results that Sobbin' Robyn conjured up. Also, anyone else notice Robyn looks a lot like Mac Tonight?  156956_162440267134164_100001045742803_3 Coincidence? I. THINK. NOT. The whole thing with her interjecting herself where she didn't belong on this episode really made me want to punch her in her weird half-moon face.

Going back to Meri, she's such a terrible liar. I know they all are, but she's failing even more miserably than usual ... probably because she is even more miserable than usual. I was amazed that Kody couldn't even lie to make Meri feel better, even though he can lie about everything else the rest of the time. Overall, I was really amazed by how much they told the truth this episode - whether intentionally or not.

• Love 6
On January 30, 2017 at 8:22 AM, ghoulina said:

Kody and Meri's relationship is so whack. I swear, every time they talk about it, there's a new date when trouble started. "We were having problems before the whole Catfish thing. A few years before." "We've been having trouble for like 6 years before the Catfish thing happened." "It was not the Catfish, we'd been having issues for around 10 years". Yea, the issue is called POLYGAMY. I think y'all have been having issues ever since Meri had to start sharing her man. 

Notice the first thing Kody says that made him fall in love with Meri - "she looked at me with respect and adoration". This was a kid who felt like a loser in his family. He's not a big macho dude. He likes long hair and has a flair for the dramatic. He always felt bad because of this. So along comes Meri and someone finally gives him that respect he's been looking for. It makes him feel like a man. THE man. Yea, he may have bolstered his answer a bit with "she's kind and genuine", but that gave me some real insight right there. He needed someone even more passive and "weak" than him, to make him feel more important. And everything since then has been about making him feel important. 

Too bad for him Meri wasn't necessarily just passive, but has a real flair for the passive aggressive. Kody gives a real shitty answer about crossing a burning bridge for her (which, by the by, I understood what he was trying to say) and she's responds, "It's all good". When we all know darn well it's NOT all good. And she will likely sit across from her wet bar for months, analyzing that answer to death, but never saying a word. 

Ugh, anyway. I always love seeing the kids. It makes me really happy to see how open and supportive they all are of each other. That's the only good thing to come out of this plural relationship. 

Maddie's announcement was the definition of anti-climactic. Also, homegirl did NOT look 3 months pregnant. Anyone got a timeline on her pregnancy? When was this filmed? When is she due? 

The "dispel the tabloid rumors" segment was stupid and I think the only one who needs to be punched in the face is Kodouche.

I love your whole analysis of Kody/Meri. Also, yes, she was only 19 when they married... But so was HE, or close to it, he was just a baby himself. I think they are both equally culpable in this mess. Yes, it's hard to change and leave and inertia and blah blah blah, but Meri won't do the hard part of leaving and starting a new new life, yet she expects Kody to do all the changing! But he's not going to. Not ever. He doesn't need to. He has 3 other wives that take him for who he is. He's over her. The whole owness of Meri's happiness lies with Meri and only Meri. And btw...Whatever Kody did, he did not publicly humiliate Meri. They are equally shitty to each other. 

Edited by VedaPierce
Oneness is not the same as owness! Lol
  • Love 5

Anyone else notice Meri's body language through the whole thing? Eyes averted, body shifted away from the others, and of course the bobbing foot. Her entire body was shouting, "I do not like being here."

Fine, be miserable Meri. Stay with someone who hesitates to cross a burning bridge for you, but you still say "it's all good." Your face and body language are saying otherwise.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Runnergirl said:

Anyone else notice Meri's body language through the whole thing? Eyes averted, body shifted away from the others, and of course the bobbing foot. Her entire body was shouting, "I do not like being here."

Fine, be miserable Meri. Stay with someone who hesitates to cross a burning bridge for you, but you still say "it's all good." Your face and body language are saying otherwise.

Exactly!

Her body language hasn't lined up with her words for a very long time. Kody's reference to breaking chains with Robyn is kinda funny because it's Meri who has a giant mortgage chain holding her there.  She obviously hates being there, but is stuck because of finances. She might hold her hand out and tell Kody she doesn't want him around...but she sure gets pissy when she needs a handyman asap and he is nowhere to be found.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, LilWharveyGal said:

Darn, I had a sinking suspicion it was something like that, but I was secretly hoping they were hip enough to be making a Game of Thrones reference.

Robyn of House Brown, Breaker of Chains, Mother of Dayunaurorabreannas, Wearer of False Lashes, Ruler of the Four Wives, Khaleesi of the Cult-de-Sac... 

Lolol, thank you for the laugh on a crappy morning! I love " Khalessi of the Cult-de Sac" ?

16 hours ago, Calibabydolly said:

I almost fell off the couch when I thought I heard Christine say after they showed the Truly saga that she was sleeping with her that night and she would be drinking WINE!!!??? Something like....I will give her some grape juice but I will be drinking a glass of wine. I know alcohol isn't specifically banned from their "religion" per say, just shocked she'd outburst that fact! Go Christine!

Also about those Har mones- I did a little internet search about that and Kody was not all full of it when he warned them about it. I was shocked to read SEVERAL articles about kissing and exchanging saliva....and there is some truth to what he says. Wow, just wow!

The documentary "Polygamy USA" that was on NatGeo a few years ago - there was a LOT of wine drinking going on, as well as some tequila shots. 

• Love 1
20 hours ago, MrSmith said:

Not always the case. I know many monogamous relationships where one of the two is checked out and cheating or what ever the issue is and just wants out. Maybe Meri and Koduche tried in the beginning of the problems to put things back together and couldn't so they have existed in a world of denial in order to keep the family together for years. 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Not always the case. I know many monogamous relationships where one of the two is checked out and cheating or what ever the issue is and just wants out. Maybe Meri and Koduche tried in the beginning of the problems to put things back together and couldn't so they have existed in a world of denial in order to keep the family together for years. 

Thus the use of the qualifier "generally". Clearly there are times when one person has simply decided to leave without working on the problems. In those cases, I submit that the person who has decided to abrogate fixing the problems in favor of leaving is - in fact - the problem.

• Love 3
20 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

I don't think she's all that close to the children. 

Actually, I've seen photos of Meri doing fun things with Solomon; and when I watched the show (past 2 seasons but not now), many of the kids gravitate towards her. After the adoption and Robyn's kids went to visit their bio dad, on their return, Dayton ran straight to Meri instead of to his mom or Kody. Another scene last year with the stupid lights Kody hung up between their houses--they were waiting for one of the adult sons to arrive and one of the other boys (Garrison? Paedon?) grabbed Meri to bring her along to see the lights.  I think she's more the "fun aunt" who does stuff with them--arts & crafts, baking, etc. so they enjoy her company and she enjoys theirs.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, kimaken said:

Actually, I've seen photos of Meri doing fun things with Solomon; and when I watched the show (past 2 seasons but not now), many of the kids gravitate towards her. After the adoption and Robyn's kids went to visit their bio dad, on their return, Dayton ran straight to Meri instead of to his mom or Kody. Another scene last year with the stupid lights Kody hung up between their houses--they were waiting for one of the adult sons to arrive and one of the other boys (Garrison? Paedon?) grabbed Meri to bring her along to see the lights.  I think she's more the "fun aunt" who does stuff with them--arts & crafts, baking, etc. so they enjoy her company and she enjoys theirs.

But she doesn't need to be right in the cul de sac. 

I'm the "fun aunt" as well btw. Most of the kids are old enough to go places on their own.  

Being in close proximity to Kody and the other women is toxic to Meri and she won't be able to start a new life as long as she lives there. Meaning doing her own thing, maybe even dating or having her own circle of friends because she's always being watched by the others. 

Move somewhere else in Vegas. If the kids want to see her, they'll see her. Just like I see all my nieces and nephews although they live 30/40 minutes away from me. 

Staying there might keep her closer in proximity to the remaining children, but it's killing her inside.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, DakotaJustice said:

But she doesn't need to be right in the cul de sac. 

I'm the "fun aunt" as well btw. Most of the kids are old enough to go places on their own.  

Being in close proximity to Kody and the other women is toxic to Meri and she won't be able to start a new life as long as she lives there. Meaning doing her own thing, maybe even dating or having her own circle of friends because she's always being watched by the others. 

Move somewhere else in Vegas. If the kids want to see her, they'll see her. Just like I see all my nieces and nephews although they live 30/40 minutes away from me. 

Staying there might keep her closer in proximity to the remaining children, but it's killing her inside.

I'd love to see this but my point when I originally said she'd lose access to the children is that if she leaves Kody and the family they will cut her off. Kody won't want to see her face again the other wives will go along with it. Because some of the kids are adults if they chose to they will see her but I suspect even then they would do it on the sly. But Dayton, Solomon, the other littles, she won't have access to them. It's not like she has any legal rights to visitation and Kody will grind her into the dust for messing with his ego. They other wives won't go to bat for her even if their own kids miss her. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, kimaken said:

Actually, I've seen photos of Meri doing fun things with Solomon; and when I watched the show (past 2 seasons but not now), many of the kids gravitate towards her. After the adoption and Robyn's kids went to visit their bio dad, on their return, Dayton ran straight to Meri instead of to his mom or Kody. Another scene last year with the stupid lights Kody hung up between their houses--they were waiting for one of the adult sons to arrive and one of the other boys (Garrison? Paedon?) grabbed Meri to bring her along to see the lights.  I think she's more the "fun aunt" who does stuff with them--arts & crafts, baking, etc. so they enjoy her company and she enjoys their

I hope so...that would be nice. 

• Love 1
17 hours ago, ladle said:

YES. I'm beginning to think he has resting rage face. 

• Love 4
15 hours ago, Roslyn said:

She tried to join in when Robyn was preaching about their church and homosexuality. 

Made me ragey when the interviewer asked how their religion generally feels about homosexuality, and Robyn said, "well we're Christian so..." shrug, as if it should be clear that ALL Christians are against homosexuality! Just because her experience with the LDS and AUB is anti-gay doesn't mean that all denominations are the same.

• Love 7
On 1/30/2017 at 1:54 PM, Nysha said:

But it's her own fault. Even if she doesn't date, there's no reason she can't plug herself into something in Las Vegas for companionship. 

OMG when I first read this quickly, I thought you were suggesting that she get a vibrator! HAHAHHA. (probably would help tho)

On 1/30/2017 at 3:04 PM, Nowhere said:

I'm wondering why it was even rumored that Robyn would get a spin-off. Based on what? What's interesting about her other than being a sister wife. They should have asked Maddie and Chipmunk if they were getting a spin-off because I'm sure that's what they're going for. 

Just a side note about Caleb. I remember reading somebody's post here saying something Caleb did, probably the fish thing with truly or the BFG comment, and they said, "I love that kid." Point is I hope the poster wasn't referring to Caleb because he's 30yrs old. His wife is a kid. He is not. Just something that was on my mind.

30 is a kid to me, LOL

5 hours ago, kimaken said:

I think Meri gets along great with kids because they are super easy to manipulate and give you all that sure sweet little kid loving. Kid/adult relationships are not really that complex, when it't not your own kids. I love love love little kids myself and adore my cousins kids, and its so easy because there is no real expectations, I'm not responsible for the hard stuff, and I don't have to discipline or do other emotionally complex things with or for them. I show up with presents and run around and watch movies and push swings and love on them. What could be better? But I do that becasue I love them, I think Meri does that stuff so the kids will love HER.

I don't think Meri is capable of more than that.  I really think if the rest of the kidults spent a lot of time with her, they would be just as disgusted as Mariah.

• Love 5