Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E09: Tell All, Part 2

• Start Topic

Just now, Nowhere said:

Will somebody refresh my memory about Truely? What kind of illness did she have that caused her kidneys to shut down? 

Back during the Browns planning their "re commitment ceremony" the wives piled into the family wagon and headed to San Fransisco of all places to shop for dresses.  Leaving Kody back at the cult de sac to care for all of the children single handed.  The wives quickly discovered that they didn't find "modest" dresses that fit their real world figures, but they shopped, tried on dresses and filmed it all.  I believe that is also where they enjoyed a round of beer tasting as well.

Meanwhile Kody dumped many duties onto Aspyn naturally and showed clearly how little he knew about handling the kids on his own.  Little Truely must have just been forgotten and she became ill, and severely dehydrated.  Aspyn  and Mykelti mentioned being up with her through the night and she wouldn't settle.  I always got the sense that she was never really separated from Christine very much at all.

When the wives returned Truely became worse, Christine was convinced that she was just under the weather and had the flu.  But when she was trying to talk to Truely she saw her eyes going crossed.  Aspyn or Mykelti said something that "yea, that was happening", so she wasn't having normal "just the flu" symptoms, but geez...Aspyn was a child, not an adult. Christine rushed her to the doctor who sent her straight to the emergency room to find that she was so severely dehydrated that her kidneys were shut down.  She was admitted and round the clock care etc for a week (if I remember correctly).  In the end I think care and meds brought her kidneys back on line without dialysis, but the filming on the show did make it look like it was very touch and go. Whether it was that severe, or if it was played up we won't know.  But the photos of Truely in the hospital showed that she was a very sick little girl.

• Love 6

I'm really surprised it didn't spawn a CPS investigation. I know kids can go from fine to hospital level dehydrated very quickly, it happened to my daughter, but I would think it being bad enough that her kidneys were shutting down if the Browns told them the progression of her illness it would have been clear that they failed to get her treatment when she needed it. 

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

I'm really surprised it didn't spawn a CPS investigation. I know kids can go from fine to hospital level dehydrated very quickly, it happened to my daughter, but I would think it being bad enough that her kidneys were shutting down if the Browns told them the progression of her illness it would have been clear that they failed to get her treatment when she needed it. 

It seems neglectful that it got that far considering she never before had a kidney issue and hasn't since. So it was caused by severe dehydration? Is that what happens to the body when people die of thirst? The kidneys shut down? 

The funny/sad part is that if this was a monogamous marriage, I can see them working through this catfish crap, but the polygamy aspect makes it so that Kody really has no need to make it work. That's the beauty of a dedicated monogamous marriage. It's just the two people focused on each other, them against the world. Much more conducive to working out problems without a sister wife interrupting and intruding and demanding Kody get his ass back over to her house to move the wrestling mats or get a ladder. For all the bullshit they spout about their super-sacred wedding ceremonies, it really is just bullshit. The real sacredness is two people. Not two people, plus another and another and another...etc. 

Edited by VedaPierce
  • Love 6

Found CJs recap: 

http://cynicaljinxwelcome.blogspot.com/2014/01/sister-wives-browns-in-crisis-s06ep16.html

A definite bad moment was watching Meri. She just didn't seem to care. For example, when Kody called on the day of Mariah's party to say that Truely was in kidney failure, Meri seemed more concerned about a spot she was cleaning on her granite countertop. All she said was "...wow" when she hung up the phone.  Maybe that's the way she dealt with bad news, but it would have been nice if she explained that in a talking head. She just did not act like one would expect a sisterwife to act when confronted by the knowledge that one of her bonus children was seriously ill. In fact, it was Mariah who asked in a very concerned voice "Did he say she was in kidney failure?"

• Love 7

I think the realization that she screwed around and let her little daughter lapse into a near-death state showed on Christine's horrified face as she tried to talk about it.  As it should.  Because I think that if she had not been distracted by taping and dress shopping and dickin' around with her sister wives, it would never have come to what it did.  And she KNOWS IT.  That's a terrible thing to live with.  

I got no explanation for Meri's seeming lack of concern.  Heavy medication????  That's all I can come up with.  Not that I really believe that's the case, mind you ...

9 minutes ago, VedaPierce said:

The funny/sad part is that if this was a monogamous marriage, I can see them working through this catfish crap, but the polygamy aspect makes it so that Kody really has no need to make it work. 

This, in a nutshell, is what is wrong with polygamy and why the women living in it are SCREWED. 

Unless you have some magical power to make your husband uniquely concerned with your personal happiness, you have no bargaining power, no intrinsic value. And good luck with hanging onto the power you do have as he brings in younger, more svelte, more accommodating wives who can't wait to breed for him and make him feel like a hot young stud again. It's a system based on planned obsolescence, nothing more.  

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I think the realization that she screwed around and let her little daughter lapse into a near-death state showed on Christine's horrified face as she tried to talk about it.  As it should.  Because I think that if she had not been distracted by taping and dress shopping and dickin' around with her sister wives, it would never have come to what it did.  And she KNOWS IT.  That's a terrible thing to live with.  

I got no explanation for Meri's seeming lack of concern.  Heavy medication????  That's all I can come up with.  Not that I really believe that's the case, mind you ...

This, in a nutshell, is what is wrong with polygamy and why the women living in it are SCREWED. 

Unless you have some magical power to make your husband uniquely concerned with your personal happiness, you have no bargaining power, no intrinsic value. And good luck with hanging onto the power you do have as he brings in younger, more svelte, more accommodating wives who can't wait to breed for him and make him feel like a hot young stud again. It's a system based on planned obsolescence, nothing more.  

You have no hand-tm George Costanza

and btw, Robyn's statement about truley while she was in the hospital, "she seems to have given up", or words to that effect, was VILE. Just what Christine really needs to hear in that moment, you putrid bitch. Don't tell me those "sister" wives love each other. They despise each other and always will. There is no therapy that will make them love the woman that's screwing their husband. Liars.

• Love 11

So when do you think Kody said this "burning bridge" comment to Meri? Do you think it was after she told him to stay away or before? And what exactly did she claim he said, that he wouldn't cross a burning bridge for her? What do you think he meant when he said it, like the relationship is going up in flames and he's not going to be with her, or does it mean that he just doesn't care enough about her to save her life? 

42 minutes ago, VedaPierce said:

and btw, Robyn's statement about truley while she was in the hospital, "she seems to have given up", or words to that effect, was VILE. Just what Christine really needs to hear in that moment, you putrid bitch.

It was even worse if you think about it. Robyn said that "maybe she had decided that she was done too." Too. Who else was she referring to when she said "too"?Because whoever that person is can now feel like shit for somehow causing Truely to lose her will to live. And DONE with what? I somehow connected her statement to their big move and how Christine was so afraid because of her personal family trauma.  Plus, Christine's trouble with accepting Robyn. It seems to all have happened around the same time. I don't know why but for some reason I thought it was a dig at Christine. What are your opinions? I'm really interested in figuring out what the hell Robyn meant by that?

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Yaassss....JuggaloMarchPosterShine.jpg

Like @Celia Rubenstein wrote above, Meri was most likely benzo'ing her blues away during the time of Truley's hospitalization.

However, Meri aligns herself with the children that have more social value to Kody.  Truley is not in the A or B group or C group. She's D-List to Kody.  Meri, if she wasn't numbed by psychopharms, would have shown more concern -- but not the same amount of concern shown for infant Maddie. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Nowhere said:

It was even worse if you think about it. Robyn said that "maybe she had decided that she was done too." Too. Who else was she referring to when she said "too"?Because whoever that person is can now feel like shit for somehow causing Truely to lose her will to live. And DONE with what? I somehow connected her statement to their big move and how Christine was so afraid because of her personal family trauma.  Plus, Christine's trouble with accepting Robyn. It seems to all have happened around the same time. I don't know why but for some reason I thought it was a dig at Christine. What are your opinions? I'm really interested in figuring out what the hell Robyn meant by that?

Yes! That's what she said, thank you! I took it as Robyn saying, "well, truley has given up her will to live, do you want me to help you pick out her burial dress, sweetie?" Why the hell would Robyn say anything but something optimistic?? How could she say that?? She took an opportunity to stick a knife in Christine's heart. If I was Christine, I would never forgive or forget that. 

• Love 2

What the hell are they marching for? The Browns I mean (I get why the Juggalos are pissed).

Nobody is prosecuting them. Nobody cares. Don't cheat on welfare or marry your 12 year old daughter off to her own uncle and everything is fine. 

I have more respect for the cause of the Juggalos than I do the Browns. Maybe because the Juggalos are better able to articulate their position. All Kody can do is claim he is the victim of some kind of imaginary persecution that I have never ever even one time witnessed a trace of.  No one gives a shit how many wives he has.  No one wants to break up his family.  No one cares!!! Nobody!

• Love 5
7 hours ago, VedaPierce said:

So true! Her reaction always bothered me, but I never really knew why! But that reaction was just SO off. Meri is right, she IS weird. She acts weird, reacts weird and looks weird. There, I said it.

Not only is Meri a self centered person, but she plays favorites among the kids. I don't think she cares for Christine's children all that much and prefers Janelle's older kids especially the boys.

I have to wonder how much time she actually spends with most of them at this point since it is apparent from all the life sales she's doing on FB that most of her time is spent doing LLR now.  And ever since Robyn put her foot down and prevented Meri from taking Sol with her to use as a barrier on her visit to Mariah a year or so ago...

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Onceafan said:

So when do you think Kody said this "burning bridge" comment to Meri? Do you think it was after she told him to stay away or before? And what exactly did she claim he said, that he wouldn't cross a burning bridge for her? What do you think he meant when he said it, like the relationship is going up in flames and he's not going to be with her, or does it mean that he just doesn't care enough about her to save her life? 

Okay...this is my opinion based on watching both the conversation they had on the patio and the tell all "burning bridge" stuff.

I think...a long time ago...in the heat of some random argument with Meri, Kody said "I wouldn't cross a burning bridge to get to you!"  AND I think he was talking in his usual Brown Double Metaphor Speak. Kody likes to use metaphors and this is what I think he may have meant by it.  If their relationship is rocky you could describe that they are on different sides of a river.  They are both heading the same direction, but not together.  For their relationship to be strong they must cross that bridge to push onto the future together, not separated by the river.  Kody may or may not be willing to cross the bridge to Meri, he most likely expects Meri to cross the bridge to him.  Yet, if that bridge were burning, that would stop him.  He does not want a relationship with Meri to the extent that he has to cross a burning bridge to get to her, it's not worth that risk to him.

However!!  Meri is a woman and during their patio conversation when Kody throws the dig of "you told me to stay away" at her, she digs up in her arsenal of years past arguments and pulls out the burning bridge one.  They dig at each other on camera so much that even Nancy the wonder therapist told them to STOP it.  As a woman I can admit that I have done this in arguments with my husband.  I also have a freakish photographic memory that I can recall exact words from conversations from 40+ years ago.

So...when Kody says "I don't remember saying that" I think that is key because it's something he said a long time ago.  In his head they are discussing Mariah and the Catfish Summer and she brought up something from years past...confusing him. It was obviously something Meri remembers and so she brings it up again to toss at Kody, as well as good old Drama for the cameras, deflecting herself from having to go into details on the lies she has built up over the Catfish Summer.

To Kody that statement is a Grand Metaphor.  When the women all ganged up on him saying its quite simple and he wanted to go on to explain the depth of it's meaning...because to HIM it had nothing to do with saving Meri from any kind of fire. It was just another river/bridge/fire metaphor because philosophy is full of them. Robyn interrupted him over and over because she saw it as a literal statement.  If there was a fire and Meri was trapped, going to die a horrible death, would you physically and in real life do everything in your power to save her life.  THAT is what it meant to many people, but it doesn't mean that to Kody.  That's why he was so frustrated and kept saying really stupid things.  He thinks he is thinking deep thoughts and everyone else is just seeing it as a literal "I don't care if you live or die" statement, when to him that isn't what it meant at all.

Robyn's dumb ass dig (intentional or not) about how "Kody...you are a good guy, you would save anyone from a fire", and he gets the Dumb Ass award when he says "yea...I'm like a fireman, I just put out fires" because he is still stuck in the Metaphor version.

The biggest problem when you talk in metaphors and the people who you are talking to don't see/understand the metaphor, they take you literally. 

• Love 10
32 minutes ago, Roslyn said:

As a woman I can admit that I have done this in arguments with my husband.  I also have a freakish photographic memory that I can recall exact words from conversations from 40+ years ago.

Yes!  Exact words!  And I remember who was standing where!  When my family wants to bring up old crap, I'm in!

4 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Don't cheat on welfare or marry your 12 year old daughter off to her own uncle and everything is fine. 

Hell, most of the Kingston Sect is doing just that and they aren't being prosecuted, so everyone at the march is safe.

40 minutes ago, Roslyn said:

So...when Kody says "I don't remember saying that" I think that is key because it's something he said a long time ago. 

Not to defend that piece of shit, but he DOES have four wives, ya know. And I imagine he has had his fair share of fights with them over the 967 years he has been married, so I bet it IS a little hard for him to remember a particular metaphor that he flung out to a random wife during an argument years ago. In fact, this is probably why he just shuts down every time a wife comes at him; it's easier to not engage and have to remember the particulars of his life with that wife (let HER do all the heavy lifting in that department) than have to admit he doesn't remember something he said or did that meant everything in the world to that wife.

• Love 9
21 hours ago, OldWiseOne said:

Made me ragey when the interviewer asked how their religion generally feels about homosexuality, and Robyn said, "well we're Christian so..." shrug, as if it should be clear that ALL Christians are against homosexuality! Just because her experience with the LDS and AUB is anti-gay doesn't mean that all denominations are the same.

As a Christian who is all for gay rights, as well as friends with plenty of openly gay Christians, that annoyed me to no end as well. It's because of comments like Robyn's that I have this hesitancy about openly proclaiming my religious beliefs.

• Love 10
13 hours ago, Nowhere said:

It seems neglectful that it got that far considering she never before had a kidney issue and hasn't since. So it was caused by severe dehydration? Is that what happens to the body when people die of thirst? The kidneys shut down? 

Potentially yes, when the kidneys shut down there is nothing to filter toxins in blood so that would eventually kill a person, but so would being dehydrated and not having fluid in your body, so it's hard to say what exactly kills someone when they die from dehydration. 

It would be hard to prove it as neglectful because dehydration in a child can escalate extremely quickly, that's why if a child can't keep anything down for 8 hours you are supposed to go to the ER, so they can get IV fluids, although I agree that she should have been taken to a doctor much sooner... before Christine ever came home, I also don't expect Aspyn to have known that.

• Love 2

I need you alls opinions on this. Do you think this is a picture of the back of one of the Brown family vehicles? Personally, I think it probably used to be, but it's several years old at least. There seems to be many children not represented here. lol

brown_family.jpg

• Love 1
14 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

I also recall that Meri was more concerned about something else and just kind of blew off Truly's illness. 

...I just rewatched the segment...

Meri and Robyn were busy putting together Mariahs birthday/going to university party and Kody had just been out getting Mariah her new car.  He was napping when Robyn had to wake him to tell him about Christines text.  Meri was pretty stone face when she read the text and Robyn ran to get Kody.

Christine said that she saw Truely's eyes go crossed "this morning" and little Truely was wrapped in a blanket with that glazed over stare laying on the couch while Christine was filming next to her (that still breaks my heart).  Christine said "Truely got sick while we were in San Franscisco and we got back about 5 days ago, but she doesn't have a fever".  Truely is such a tiny girl, and so this went on damn near a week with no doctor appointment even after returning from their trip. Instead of going straight to the ER, she then takes her to the Pediatricians office, who immediately sent her to the children's ER.  Christine said "I didn't know that if their eyes go crossed that I needed to go to the emergency, I didn't get that!" ...dayam...

When Kody calls Meri (scrubbing her countertop) it was weird.  Her face was covered by her hair but the tone of her voice was off, and her "okay" had zero concern in it.  In fact her "love you, keep us posted" was very upbeat.  It was Mariah who then goes...."did he say kidney failure!?", but then the camera cut out. Yea...Meri's reactions are weird...to say the least. Honestly I think part of what was up with Meri was the fact that Truely's illness rained on Mariah's party and took Kody away from taking Mariah to university.  Mariah was supposed to get a big fanfair etc and Meri didn't get that for her. Meri then says in a TH that Truely's illness was "putting a damper on things".

Kodys explaination..."for some reason, one small thing shut her kidneys' down"  Um...yea....not caring for her and seeing that she is drinking enough!  Writing off lethargy as ...oh...she's got the flu....

Aspyn said in a TH that "I didn't think that anyone was taking this seriously.  Our little baby is really sick right now."  I honestly think that she knew something was up from the get go, voiced her opinion and was blown off by the "adults".

Truely did have dialysis.  They called it "abdominal dialysis" and at first it didn't work, so they kept her on it, increasing the fluids etc. All in all she was in the hospital 9 days before showing improvement, and the cameras went in after that.  She went home a day or two after that.  She did seem quite upbeat getting out of the car.  My take was that they didn't carry her because she wanted to walk, tho she was very wobbly.  She did toddle right up to Hunter and throw her arms around him!

Kidneys are important at removing waste buildup in the blood.  They filter the blood and control electrolytes and sodium in the body.  If you don't have enough fluids to keep the kidneys functioning properly, then they stop doing that and waste stays in the blood, toxifying it and your sodium/electrolyte numbers go wonky which can lead to a multitude of other issues with every system in your body.  I had kidney issues 8 years ago and learned lots about them.  Stay hydrated people!!

8 minutes ago, MrSmith said:

I need you alls opinions on this. Do you think this is a picture of the back of one of the Brown family vehicles? Personally, I think it probably used to be, but it's several years old at least. There seems to be many children not represented here. lol

brown_family.jpg

I never remember seeing this on any of their vehicles.  But I've seen this photo online as a "cars in utah" meme.

• Love 8
50 minutes ago, Roslyn said:

Honestly I think part of what was up with Meri was the fact that Truely's illness rained on Mariah's party and took Kody away from taking Mariah to university.  Mariah was supposed to get a big fanfair etc and Meri didn't get that for her. Meri then says in a TH that Truely's illness was "putting a damper on things".

Agree with this 100% - Meri was pissed that Mariah was not going to be the focus of attention on her big day.

• Love 8

Wasn't the Green Goo a factor in Truly's illness too? Didn't they show her drinking it or Christine made a comment online for the company that she gives it to her kids when they are sick (or something like that)? I can just see one of the idiot adults telling Aspyn to give that crap to Truly, further throwing her blood chemistry off balance.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Galloway Cave said:

Wasn't the Green Goo a factor in Truly's illness too? Didn't they show her drinking it or Christine made a comment online for the company that she gives it to her kids when they are sick (or something like that)? I can just see one of the idiot adults telling Aspyn to give that crap to Truly, further throwing her blood chemistry off balance.

I could totally see that too, considering that Aspyn and Logan seem to be the only ones in the whole family who did any sort of parenting, because Janelle was out at work all day, Christine was on the crazy side, and we all know Kody's incapable of paying any attention to anything that isn't directly about him.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, leighroda said:

It would be hard to prove it as neglectful because dehydration in a child can escalate extremely quickly, that's why if a child can't keep anything down for 8 hours you are supposed to go to the ER, so they can get IV fluids, although I agree that she should have been taken to a doctor much sooner... before Christine ever came home, I also don't expect Aspyn to have known that.

And some kids are really REALLY bad patients and refuse to eat/drink anything when sick. My daughter was like that for the longest time when she was younger. Not eating is one thing, but she would refuse water/juice....anything I offered. Refused medicine, would gag on it and spit it back up. You basically had to hold her down and force things down her, which was not easy and not very nice either. There were a couple of times where it was like, "One more she doesn't drink and I'm taking her in". 

Honestly, I put that mostly on Kody since he was the adult in charge. He should have been paying more attention instead of freaking out over the grill. 

• Love 8

I'm sure the green goo was a factor if they were giving it instead of water, it probably dehydrated her more... idk what is in it (Does anyone know what it is actually called? might look it up though now I'm curious) if it had anything like caffeine or something that definitely would have made her sicker.

Edited by leighroda
It's important to say what you're referencing
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, Nowhere said:

FWIW, my 83 yo mom was sick last year with pneumonia and became dehydrated and tests indicated kidney injury (which thankfully cleared up with hydration).  So yeah, I guess so...if it's untreated.

17 hours ago, VedaPierce said:

The real sacredness is two people. Not two people, plus another and another and another...etc. 

as Jesus said, a man and a woman become one....not one and then add some more on.  Guess He had it figured out. 

• Love 1
17 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

The problem is, the whole religion doesn't actually give a single fuck about women's personal happiness. 

• Love 6
16 hours ago, Onceafan said:

it was asked of Kody during the tell all.  So def after.

1 hour ago, Kohola3 said:

I'm sure LIV doesn't give out their info.  Just this vague "powerful" this and "natural" that.

They're actually required to give the ingredients by the FDA or someone.

ETA - just noticed "keep out of reach of children" and "fulvic" as the source.  That's basically...dirt, I think.

I remember Christine testifying on their LIV portal that she was giving this to baby Truly to help her poop...if memory serves. :(

http://www.livinternational.com/Portals/0/Images/productpage/Product Info/Green2o.pdf

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, Roslyn said:

...I just rewatched the segment...

I only have the vaguest recollection of this episode (I can never stay focused on these dolts).  But your narrative gave me chills and put a lump in my throat, Roslyn.  How unspeakably careless they were with that poor little child.  May I ask where did you find the segment?  I may actually watch it myself.  Although frankly, it sounds like it may be too upsetting!  I will just have to keep reminding myself that fortunately - despite her negligent, idiot parents - little Truley turned out okay. 

I must say, it's really no wonder that the older kids seem to think that their father is just a complete fool. Mariah may be the sole exception.  For some reason she thinks Kody is just aces.  I can't imagine why. 

• Love 5
34 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I must say, it's really no wonder that the older kids seem to think that their father is just a complete fool. Mariah may be the sole exception.  For some reason she thinks Kody is just aces.  I can't imagine why. 

Well, she only has two parents, so it stands to reason that ONE of them would be your favorite.  Look at what she has to choose from.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I only have the vaguest recollection of this episode (I can never stay focused on these dolts).  But your narrative gave me chills and put a lump in my throat, Roslyn.  How unspeakably careless they were with that poor little child.  May I ask where did you find the segment?  I may actually watch it myself.  Although frankly, it sounds like it may be too upsetting!  I will just have to keep reminding myself that fortunately - despite her negligent, idiot parents - little Truley turned out okay. 

I'm not Roslyn... but I think I can answer your question, I think she is just referencing the timeline of events as it happened a few seasons ago, there was just a brief mention of it on either the reunion or the all about Christine special (they both kinda run together in my mind and I don't remember which one) but she was answering someone else about what exactly happened.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I no longer have satellite television.  I gave it up in 2010.  I have amazon, netflix and hulu.  Hulu has about half of the seasons right now.  This episode was in Season 6.  It isn't easy to watch, seeing that tiny little mite so ill and knowing that she had been that way for some time, and then Aspyn's TH stating that she had tried telling the adults that something was very wrong.  It was obvious that Christine was rocked to her toes, but I believe some of that in part wasn't just worry, but guilt. She should have acted much much sooner than she did. She was only 3 at the time, I'm hoping that all has been well with her since.  They haven't really mentioned anything on the show tho.

4 minutes ago, leighroda said:

I'm not Roslyn... but I think I can answer your question, I think she is just referencing the timeline of events as it happened a few seasons ago, there was just a brief mention of it on either the reunion or the all about Christine special (they both kinda run together in my mind and I don't remember which one) but she was answering someone else about what exactly happened.

Yes, Season 6 was the episode about Truely's illness.  It was brought up because of this weeks flashback episode.  I remembered the general timeline, but went back to rewatch today because I'm having a severe fatigue day and can't do much else past the bare basics, so I figured why not.  I watched the episode and typed out the specifics.

• Love 5

Well, for as big a douche as he is, I have to give Kody credit where it's due.  His remarks about accepting Mariah despite his religion's teaching on homosexuality was surprisingly enlightened coming from him.

• Love 7

Since they love to create their own rules (& can't resist an MLM)...

They could restructure the fambly & grift like mad  along the way.

Team Member 1 needs to sign at least 2 members or customers to qualify & bonus.

A membership kit means fork up the cash & it's  the only way to bonus & become a spouse. Members can recruit additional spouses.

Customers have to be on monthly autoship...& that only lands them a courtship. 

• LOL 1
3 hours ago, Alapaki said:

Well, for as big a douche as he is, I have to give Kody credit where it's due.  His remarks about accepting Mariah despite his religion's teaching on homosexuality was surprisingly enlightened coming from him.

Women are chattel in his faith. Let's see how accepting he is if a son is gay...

• Love 5

Children ill like Truely was, should be edited out, or filming should have been stopped, imo. The Duggars kept scenes in too, and I find it disturbing. No HIPPA or common sense when it comes to TLC or the dumb ass adults who would have say in the matter.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, CofCinci said:

Women are chattel in his faith. Let's see how accepting he is if a son is gay...

In the fundie sects (like the Kingstons) the girl would get married off to some old lecher, gay or not.  

• Love 1
5 hours ago, CofCinci said:

or transgender? Although I have to admit many people would have difficulty coming to terms with a transgender son or daughter, I do wonder how Kody would manage

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Kohola3 said:

In the fundie sects (like the Kingstons) the girl would get married off to some old lecher, gay or not.  

And usually an old lecher who she was closely related to...

That group is neck and neck for the Scariest FLDS group with the Jeffs group.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Roslyn said:

That group is neck and neck for the Scariest FLDS group with the Jeffs group.

Lord, yes.  Watching Escaping Polygamy gives me the willies.   How can something "religious" be so downright evil?  Where is the plague of locusts when you need it. 

Although when that flood took out a bunch of them I almost threw up watching that little surviving kid talk about it being the "Lord's will" or some other brainswashed phrase.  That kid had lost his mom and a van load of siblings and they had him at a microphone spouting that crap without shedding a tear. It was like watching a robot.

• Love 3