Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E13: A Good Day to Die

1 hour ago, theatremouse said:

"Mom" going to Hell bugged me because doesn't Luci still have a deal to bring her back to Hell that he hadn't quite fulfilled his end of yet but was also sticking with the technicality that he could/would do it but didn't yet? So I was expecting some sort of...she goes to bring him back but she can't leave because by her going he fulfilled his end of that bargain. So I was bummed she was able to pull him back with her, instead of just him coming back.

Pure speculation...

Season 2 was originally slated to be 13 episodes -- the May season was granted a couple of months ago. It's possible the original plan WAS to leave Mom in Hell. It's even possible that they had to do some rewriting/refilming in order to get her back for the rest of the season.

I, personally, hope Mom doesn't stay with the cast past this season. I've enjoyed her a few times, and she knocked it out of the park in this episode, but even so, I don't think she really adds to the show. I think she takes time away from Amenadiel.

MAY????

• Love 3

I like this show. However, with every hiatus (especially the long ones), my memory fades and I forget it exists by the time it comes back on. I was mad at the last episode before Christmas that I didn't get another episode, but by the time the hiatus was over, I wouldn't have remembered its existence if my husband didn't have it scheduled to record. And then reminded me we had one to watch. And I was...meh.

I may not come back in May because I didn't have enough episodes to get re-invested. I won't be breaking up with it because I'm tired of it. I'll be breaking up with it because it's just been too long and I've lost my emotional attachment.

• Love 2
19 hours ago, gik910 said:

Also, Dr. Linda totally deserves a raise. 

Dr. Linda is my favorite.  Love her.

Can someone please explain Chloe to me?  Much like @Mojeaux, the irregular episodes have me forgetting a lot of what went on in the past.  Is she divine?  Half divine?  God (via an angel?), uh, implanted Chloe in Chloe's mom?  Does she have a human father that she thought was her dad?  What does her being divine mean for her mortality or well, anything?  The only thing we've seen is she has an affect on Lucifer, so if she never met Lucifer, would she have no divinity at all?  What does that make Trixie?  1/4 divine? 

Maybe I missed an episode, but I am very confused by what exactly Chloe is.

• Love 1

Did anyone else catch Dr. Linda's ,"I'm going to Hell, I've done things" remark to Maze?

Perhaps that helps explain how she didn't completely lose her mind after finding out that Lucifer truly was the devil. I'm going to be very curious about her comment and what else unfolds regarding that. I hope they don't make her evil. Maze-level of badness, okay, but not truly evil with no care or compassion whatsoever.

the irregular episodes have me forgetting a lot of what went on in the past.

The only thing I really forgot was who the heck that guy was that Lucifer and Chloe cornered at the party, locking him in the bedroom with Lucifer in order to get that new lead. I vaguely remembered him from the previous episode, but not what his significance was. He was pretty forgettable. That said, I did love his comeuppance. All his proclamations of being out on bail with plans to breeze through trial because he's "innocent" ... I loved how that went out the window when Lucifer took a few moments with him. Chloe: "Do you hurt him?" Lucifer: "Physically, no." Heh.

Man, this was a good episode, and I loved that it was such a huge team effort. Every actor got to play a special part, including Trixie and Dr. Linda. I love the episodes that are so good, you want to watch them more than once. Is it May yet??

Edited by sinkwriter
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, izabella said:

Dr. Linda is my favorite.  Love her.

Can someone please explain Chloe to me?  Much like @Mojeaux, the irregular episodes have me forgetting a lot of what went on in the past.  Is she divine?  Half divine?  God (via an angel?), uh, implanted Chloe in Chloe's mom?  Does she have a human father that she thought was her dad?  What does her being divine mean for her mortality or well, anything?  The only thing we've seen is she has an affect on Lucifer, so if she never met Lucifer, would she have no divinity at all?  What does that make Trixie?  1/4 divine? 

Maybe I missed an episode, but I am very confused by what exactly Chloe is.

Chloe is a "miracle"  Her parents were unable to have children and God ordered Amenadiel down to Earth to bless the couple so they could have a child.  As far as her divinity or powers- we don't actually know what they are or what they mean other than her effect on Lucifer.

At least I think that is the case :)

Edited by gik910
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, quirkygal said:

Did anyone else catch Dr. Linda's ,"I'm going to Hell, I've done things" remark to Maze?

Hopefully she was just referring to sleeping with the devil for half a season. Or she thinks God would really disapprove of the phone sex job she mentioned at the "girls night. "

• Love 1
Just now, gwhh said:

What happen to "mom" mortal husband?  Never went back to him. In that wicked post modern house they live in.  Poor guy wife is died and does not even know it.  If she leaves the show and don't come back next season.  Will he think wife just ran off? 

They've referred to the husband (and kids -- from Charlotte's point of view kids are disgusting and only make sex seem good).  She spends most of her non "Mom-time" at her firm so she doesn't have to deal with her family.  (And as far as anyone in the family knows, Charlotte never died.)

Just now, Sonoma said:

As long as no romance eats the show, I'm all in!

Brooklyn 99 is handling it very well. They show us Jake and Amy as a couple, but it's often just small things (like when Jake buys her binders).

Just now, Gigi43 said:

Anyone watch with closed captioned on by any chance? I'd love to know if what Uriel said to Lucifer about "the piece" was spelled "peace" or "piece", since that definitely has to be significant now.

Closed-captioning said "The peace is here."

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Gigi43 said:

Hopefully she was just referring to sleeping with the devil for half a season. Or she thinks God would really disapprove of the phone sex job she mentioned at the "girls night. "

I don't know what she "done".  But I bet it's not up to hell for everlevel. Maybe in her mind but not in father or Lucy mind. 

Edited by gwhh

As usual I was grading homework while watching this episode, so I came here hoping for a recap of the show. No luck there, so can someone paying full attention please explain how Chloe was saved? Lucifer went to hell to get the instructions for an antidote from the professor which he obtained. What was the item then that Ella and Dan wanted and got from her brother and what did it have to do with saving Chloe?

Add me to the list of viewers that doesn't see much chemistry between Lucifer and Chloe. I love them as partners and friends but just don't buy them as lovers.  Good episode though and I didn't realize it was mid season finale until I read it here.  Frankly, I'm growing tired of all these "breaks" on network TV.  It is difficult to keep track of plotlines with multiple weeks in between episodes. 

Edited by lark37
Poor grammar at 1 am
  • Love 1

No luck there, so can someone paying full attention please explain how Chloe was saved? Lucifer went to hell to get the instructions for an antidote from the professor which he obtained. What was the item then that Ella and Dan wanted and got from her brother and what did it have to do with saving Chloe?

They had the list of ingredients from the guy at the art exhibit. Having the list did not help them much though because they also needed to know the actual formula used to mix the ingredients in correct quantities. Plus one of the ingredients was super rare. So Lucifer went to hell to get the formula from the bad doctor, while Dan and Ella went to get this rare ingredient from Ella's brother.

• Love 3
16 hours ago, lorbeer said:

Does anybody know the song title from the end of the episode?

"When your heart is a stranger" by Friends in Paris.

It hasn't been released yet unfortunately and a comment on Friends in Paris's Facebook says they don't know when it will be released.

16 hours ago, jhlipton said:

They've referred to the husband (and kids -- from Charlotte's point of view kids are disgusting and only make sex seem good).  She spends most of her non "Mom-time" at her firm so she doesn't have to deal with her family.  (And as far as anyone in the family knows, Charlotte never died.)

Brooklyn 99 is handling it very well. They show us Jake and Amy as a couple, but it's often just small things (like when Jake buys her binders).

Closed-captioning said "The peace is here."

OK, that makes a LOT more sense.  I throught he said "piece"  like in missing "piece" of something.  Thanks for posting this info.

Does anyone have ANY idea "The peace is here." means??

2 hours ago, gwhh said:

OK, that makes a LOT more sense.  I throught he said "piece"  like in missing "piece" of something.  Thanks for posting this info.

Does anyone have ANY idea "The peace is here." means??

CC isn't always completely accurate, and perhaps it was spelled that way merely because that's the way Lucifer initially heard it. (I think? Or am I making that up that he made some kind of comment afterwards that he understood it to mean "peace"?)

• Love 2
21 hours ago, FinnishViewer said:

They had the list of ingredients from the guy at the art exhibit. Having the list did not help them much though because they also needed to know the actual formula used to mix the ingredients in correct quantities. Plus one of the ingredients was super rare. So Lucifer went to hell to get the formula from the bad doctor, while Dan and Ella went to get this rare ingredient from Ella's brother.

Thank you Finnishviewer! I confess I really wasn't paying much attention when they went the the art exhibit. I can usually multitask while watching and still follow whats going on, but clearly I should have been paying more attention during this episode. 

It is such a joke to me that any aspect of Hell would be problematic for Satan.  Once some c**** of doubt came into his consciousness, it would be over.  Now, if this was Tom's audition for Groundhog Day:  Electric Boogaloo, this portrayal of Hell was great.

Luci's true sin - the one which will destroy him, is his willful anger (hatred?) of his Father's being (power).  What he did to his brother was nothing compared to the consequences of his rejection of the universe Dad created and manipulates at will.  Chloe, Trixie, Maze, and a galaxy of Miss Universe sex partners, with a dash of Chippendale dancers, can't fill the void Luci self-creates with his resentments. 

The writers brought us to a ridiculous place with Luci deciding he loved Chloe.   However, they fully realized that the core tension of the show can't survive a happy romance, so they set up an absurdly ridiculous circumstance of Luci rejecting her.  Luke and Laura?  Greg and Jenny?  Proctor and Gamble nods in approval of what TPTB have done.

I see no way they can put off the wedding in the next full season (not the coming arc in May).  I just hope Maze does not catch the bouquet.   

Edited by Lonesome Rhodes
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, gwhh said:

To what city will Lucifer relocate to?  I see him going to DC!!  Lots of "bad" people there with "hidden" desires! 

If he's not still in LA -just in the seedier areas- then I speculate he's in Las Vegas.

• Love 4
On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 7:51 PM, storyskip said:

If he's not still in LA -just in the seedier areas- then I speculate he's in Las Vegas.

Dang your right!  He will fit right in there! 

• Love 1

Thanks for putting it perspective, CheshireCat!  I'm guessing I'll be re-watching season 1 episodes before we hit the Ides.  Miss this show more than I thought I would.  

• Love 1
On 2/2/2017 at 5:46 PM, dargosmydaddy said:

CC isn't always completely accurate, and perhaps it was spelled that way merely because that's the way Lucifer initially heard it. (I think? Or am I making that up that he made some kind of comment afterwards that he understood it to mean "peace"?)

I thought it was "piece" because Uriel sees everything that will happen and Chloe is a key piece of the current puzzle. I swear I saw a scene where that was clarified...

On 2/2/2017 at 6:46 PM, dargosmydaddy said:

CC isn't always completely accurate,

An example of this happened this afternoon. Mr. ECats was watching a western, set in the 1870s.

A noise that neither of us heard elicited the CC "A car stops."

Followed by "A car horn blows"  possibly the CC interpretation of a squeeking door.  

So the question might be for Lucifer "what sounds really vaguely like 'peace'"?

On ‎13‎.‎03‎.‎2017 at 1:08 AM, Sonoma said:

I believe one of the showrunners confirmed that it was "piece" on Twitter, only I can't remember whose account it was.

Hmmm... Are you sure? TV Line just put out spoilers and they're saying that we're supposed to be wondering if it's "peace" or "piece". (Don't read if you don't want any spoilers on any shows, Lucifer's quite far down on the list) https://tvline.com/2017/03/14/the-flash-season-3-spoilers-savitar-identity-revealed/

19 minutes ago, Sonoma said:

I'm POSITIVE I saw it on Twitter in response to a question about the episode. I know I flove this show perhaps a bit too much but I swear I wouldn't make things up! =)

For the record, I didn't think you were making things up :-)

19 minutes ago, Sonoma said:

I thought it was one of the show runners, it may have been someone who works behind the scenes, but it wasn't one the actors. Perhaps he was wrong or perhaps he wasn't supposed to say anything or perhaps because this was before they knew the show would be renewed and they're going to change up the storyline,

All possible. Or maybe it was someone claiming to know something even though they didn't? I've come across that a few times during Castle.

Either way, it definitely makes the break more intriguing ;-)

I think it's entirely possible that it was written in the script as "piece" because on paper it has to be written one way or the other, but that at that same time it was intentional on the show's part that it be ambiguous. So it could both have been prematurely "confirmed" by someone on twitter, while others with the show emphasize the intentional ambiguity.

35 minutes ago, theatremouse said:

I think it's entirely possible that it was written in the script as "piece" because on paper it has to be written one way or the other, but that at that same time it was intentional on the show's part that it be ambiguous. So it could both have been prematurely "confirmed" by someone on twitter, while others with the show emphasize the intentional ambiguity.

Uh, that is an interesting point. Did the actors have it in their script one way or the other or was it "piece/peace" as to not have them know either?

"The peace is here" makes more sense because it's a complete sentence. "The piece is here" is complete, too, of course, but it still seems more imcomplete because the definition of "piece" would be missing. What "piece" would Uriel be referring to? The piece Lucifer is looking for? The piece that he thinks Lucifer thinks he is missing? The piece that Lucifer needs to find happiness?

At the same time, "piece" would make more sense because I don't think Hell provides Lucifer with any kind of peace and never has and probably never will. Unless, finding the "piece" brings him "peace".

Going slight OT, but we're only halfway through (ish) the waiting period, and I'm already to the tipping point of doing almost anything to get a new episode.  Seriously, 3 months.  That's just complete torture.  This would make a wonderful "you deserve this" treatment in Hell - only that 3 month wait would keep restarting at the end of the wait.

To put this in other terms of how bad this is, 12 Monkeys [great show, if you're not watching it] will air its full third season just after the current season of Lucifer starts back up again, maybe even before.  The first month of the new baseball season will be in the record books before the next new hour of Lucifer!  [/ rage]

*walks off to mope and waste time until the next month and a half - or more - goes by*

Edited by iRarelyWatchTV36
  • Love 2
On 3/21/2017 at 2:01 AM, iRarelyWatchTV36 said:

we're only halfway through (ish) the waiting period, and I'm already to the tipping point of doing almost anything to get a new episode

Whereas I have totally lost interest. Lucifer who?

• Love 2
On 3/27/2017 at 5:37 PM, Mojeaux said:

Well, I have to think you retain some interest since you're posting on this forum...

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Inquiry said:

Well, I have to think you retain some interest since you're posting on this forum...

I guess I’ll correct that, then, won’t I? Considering the showrunners MIGHT read this board, maybe they’d get a hint, but since I now DON’T have any interest and you’ve so graciously pointed out my comment is de trop, I will take my leave.

20 hours ago, Mojeaux said:

I guess I’ll correct that, then, won’t I? Considering the showrunners MIGHT read this board, maybe they’d get a hint, but since I now DON’T have any interest and you’ve so graciously pointed out my comment is de trop, I will take my leave.

I never said your comment wasn't wanted. I was just slightly teasing about the irony of your previous post. I don't know what hint you wanted to give the showrunners, though. These long breaks aren't their fault. The scheduling nightmare lays squarely with Fox and their belief that a post-Superbowl 24: Legacy leading in a new show (APB) would do better than Gotham/Lucifer. They were disastrously wrong. 

• Love 9

I decided to watch this season upon hearing of Tim O's casting in a multi arc guest spot.  It started out to be much better than I would have guessed and I thought I might stick around permanently.  However, the last three or four episodes turned into Fox's version of a bad CW show, pimping a chemistry-less couple, whose interactions are eating the show.  So once Tim O goes, I'll be gone as well.  To bad, so much promise trashed in the name of silly twu-luv angst.

• Love 3
On ‎3‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 4:37 PM, Mojeaux said:

Mojeaux, I can totally relate! I had forgotten all about Lucifer until I got a notification that someone "liked" my post on here. 

• Love 1
On 3/15/2017 at 9:59 PM, CheshireCat said:

Uh, that is an interesting point. Did the actors have it in their script one way or the other or was it "piece/peace" as to not have them know either?

It would be one way or the other I think (or "peece" LOL).  Having "piece/peace" would be too confusing.

Finally got caught up.

Yeah, add me to the zero chemistry between Chloe and Lucifer list.  

I'm getting tired of Chloe's life being in danger AGAIN, and now that she's "special" and "blessed" and Lucifer loves her and Dan still loves her and Maze has become her buddy and all the humans and celestial beings got together to save her poisoned ass...she's just a stupid Mary Sue.   Should have just let her die.

• Love 4
On 1/31/2017 at 9:07 PM, theatremouse said:

"Mom" going to Hell bugged me because doesn't Luci still have a deal to bring her back to Hell that he hadn't quite fulfilled his end of yet but was also sticking with the technicality that he could/would do it but didn't yet? So I was expecting some sort of...she goes to bring him back but she can't leave because by her going he fulfilled his end of that bargain. So I was bummed she was able to pull him back with her, instead of just him coming back.

Wasn't the season initially 13 episodes? You may have just described how Mom was originally going to be written out. But when the season was extended, they changed that part.

"But I totally, and respectfully, disagree with the poster above who said their is no chemistry between the leads.  First, because Ellis has chemistry with a doorknob.  Second, because did you see the opening scene from last week?  Hot. "

Love this! I don't remember who posted this, but I love it! 

• Love 1

""Mom" going to Hell bugged me because doesn't Luci still have a deal to bring her back to Hell that he hadn't quite fulfilled his end of yet but was also sticking with the technicality that he could/would do it but didn't yet?""

No one really knows what Dad wants, and what Lucifer agreed to was to "be the son You want, go where You want." He just assumed that the open door meant he was supposed to track Mum down. It could just as easily have been Dad saying, "See? I forgave your Mom, too, and set her free."