Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E13: A Good Day to Die

Lucifer must find the antidote to the Professor's poison before it kills Chloe. He travels to hell to find the Professor's soul and get him to turn over the antidote. While he's there, he is forced to confront his guilt about Uriel's death. Mom heads to hell to get Lucifer back, but Lucifer still feels betrayed by his parents because of something he discovers.

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, Maherjunkie said:

I am confused-Lucifer has to die to go back to hell?  I thought he could come out of retirement at any time.

He cut his wings, so he cannot go back, Amenadiel cannot take him because he lost his feathers and I would assume that Mom doesn't have any wings given that she's a Goddess. And if she had them then she was still in Hell, as a soul, so...

• Love 1

I think that this was the best episode to date.

Even as good as the episode with Father Frank was, this one ... the use of the entire cast is on point and everybody brought their A game.  

ETA:  And once again, the sound editors for this show continue to blow me away.  Sound/music is almost it's own character bringing another layer to the episodes.

Edited by storyskip
  • Love 13

I think Lucifer, Amenidude, Maze, Dr. Linda and Charlotte discussing the "Lucifer needs to die" plan might just be my favourite scene on this show so far (though there is endless competition- seriously how did this show get so good?!).

I've never really been on board the Chloe/Lucifer ship but I am really coming round to it. They built up enough of a relationship and connection with them that I can see their potential. 

I can't believe I have to wait til May for this show to come back though. Damn you Fox *shakes angry fist*

• Love 21

Lucifer thinking it was part of the plan to let Dan get beat up was fun. Linda at the Celestial Beings meeting was pure gold. Tom Ellis was great in the hell scenes, and when Chloe said "we'll  talk " and he didn't say anything  because Lucifer doesn't lie, his face said it all there was a reason behind  his speechlessness.

There was so much to love about this episode. And a looong wait until  the next one.  Dammit, Fox! 

• Love 17
5 minutes ago, Gigi43 said:

And a looong wait until  the next one.  Dammit, Fox! 

Nope, I don't like the wait anymore than most of us, but they could have been real shits and left Chloe clinging to life, the child in tears, Lucifer stuck with his brother and his Mom just through the door and Ella and Douche at the point where Ella introduces her brother.  
That kind of cliffhanger happens too often; Fox was kinder that most, this time.

• Love 13

Loved Maze having to wear scrubs; "Too boxy; even I can't pull these off", and then some guy checks her out, and she's like "maybe I can". Also loved Luci not aiding Dan until he was asked. I kind of figured that there'd be some sort of way to get to the antidote, and I was hoping it would involve the supernatural beings actually using their abilities.

• Love 2

I don't understand why Lucider doesn't want to be in a relationship because God directly contributed to her creation.  It was determined that Chloe's feelings for Lucifer are of her own free will and his feelings also seem to be of his free will, so what's the problem? Why can't this just be like your dad setting you up on a date? Dad may set up the situation, but what happens next is up to you.

• Love 20
11 minutes ago, Athena5217 said:

I don't understand why Lucider doesn't want to be in a relationship because God directly contributed to her creation.  It was determined that Chloe's feelings for Lucifer are of her own free will and his feelings also seem to be of his free will, so what's the problem? Why can't this just be like your dad setting you up on a date? Dad may set up the situation, but what happens next is up to you.

8 minutes ago, Maherjunkie said:

I agree Athena, I don't get it either.  And I think he can forgive his mother too maybe.

This goes back to the characterization of Lucifer in this particular fiction.

Lucifer fights anything that smacks of pre-destination or FATE.  He was designed to be willful, in order to perform the work Yahweh needed of him and part of that willfulness, the same willfulness that makes him not lie, honor his debts, etc, also lead to his refusal to accept the idea that his father had A PLAN.

Just the idea that Chloe is the result of Yahweh's meddling is enough to send Lucifer running the opposite way.  If anything, this point, accepting the idea that Chloe loves him through her own Free Will, is a GROWTH point for Lucifer.  I feel confident in speculation that it is part of this show's long running theme in terms of character development.

Spoiler

Lucifer wants one thing and one thing only in his life:  FREE WILL

From the comics, Lucifer led the first rebellion.  Yahweh stepped in just before Michael and Gabriel destroyed Luci (or they destroyed each other) and said "Look, I've got some prime real estate far away from me."  Yahweh took Lucifer down to Hell and said "here, this is as far away from me as you can get in this creation."  Lucifer said "fine, I'll take it now **** off."

A few thousand years go by and Lucifer goes "Heeeeyyyy, wait a minute!"  Realizing he was made King of Hell as a direct result of his Father's Plan.  So that's when he hands over the key and says "Peace, I'm out!"

Lucifer is the penultimate case of "cut off nose to spite face" he just doesn't care.  Anything that frees him from his father's 'pre-destination' he's all over.  Up to setting his niece on the throne of the Silver City and flying off into a void, where his father's creation had never touched.

That is the extent of his complete and total disdain for anything tied to Yahweh.

So whether Chloe loves him or not, so long as the taint of Yahweh's machinations touch her, Lucifer is not in a place (at this moment) to believe she cares for him via Free Will.  I think we'll see that as the story arc through their relationship going forward. 

Edited by storyskip
  • Love 11

I can tell how much I love a show now, when I see a gag coming a mile away, but still love it.  In this case, it was me still laughing out loud at Lucifer's "Who wants to kill me?" question, and then both Amenadiel and Maze slowly raising their hands.  The timing of it was perfect, but Lucifer/Tom Ellis' reaction to it.  The entire powwow was great; especially with the reveal that Linda was there as well.  The entire cast is just in sync now, and pretty much every variation of it just works.  I'm seriously impressed.

I knew that neither Lucifer or Chloe would be dying (or at least not for long), but I still enjoyed how far Lucifer had to go to save her, which included making a return trip to Hell.  I see that this version of Hell isn't the average fire and brimstone kind, but more one where the eternal punishment is tailored to the person, like Tim DeKay's character having to relive his cowardliness all the time.  And for Lucifer, it would be killing Uriel over and over again, since it clearly effected him a lot.  Tom Ellis was great in those moments and I strangely thought Michael Imperioli was actually better as this version of Uriel, compared to the regular one (he wasn't bad, but he didn't really leave much of an impression in his original episode.)  Charlotte being the one to save Lucifer does show that she truly loves him, I think, but I still can't fully trust her.

Dan and Ella are becoming a fun duo.  Enjoying the little bit of development we're getting about her.  Hope we see her brother again.

All of the scenes with Maze and Linda were the best.  Those two are just splendid together.

Amenadiel's holding his ground in the doorway was some powerful stuff.  Although, I was really getting worried that it was going to end with on the guards tazing or even shooting him.

Yay, Trixie!  I'm glad she got to meet Amenadiel for the first time.  I think she should have at least one scene with all of the main characters.  Except Charlotte.  Either way, she continues to be one of the best child characters... well, ever.

I'm sad that Lucifer is letting "Dad" effect him and he is now running away from Chloe (and LA?) for now, because it fits with what we've seen from him, and I do hope he slowly, but surely, realizes that he can let his parents fuck around with him, and he realizes that what he and Chloe have is real, and not just because of God's meddling.  Wherever it be their partnership, friendship, or a romantic one, what they have is truly strong.

Bummed that we have to wait till May, but at least it was a good midseason finale.  Again, this show has gone from something that I casually enjoyed, to actually becoming one of my favorites on right now.  Well done, Lucifer.  Keep it up and I'll see you in a few months!

• Love 14
1 hour ago, ItCouldBeWorse said:

Every poisoned, dying mom should keep their young child close enough to witness their heart stopping, seizures, etc. Though I guess if Trixie wasn't in the hospital, we'd be complaining that she must be home alone since Dan and Maze were busy.

If she hadn't been there I would be complaining that they keep the child from saying goodbye to her mother. If they had left Trixie with a baby-sitter and Chloe had died, there's a chance that she would have felt betrayed by Dan and her deceased mother and/or started to develop resentment for both because they robbed her of the chance to say goodbye.

Maybe they should not have allowed her to be in the room but no one could predict exactly what would happen.

• Love 4

This goes back to the characterization of Lucifer in this particular fiction.

Lucifer fights anything that smacks of pre-destination or FATE.  He was designed to be willful, in order to perform the work Yahweh needed of him and part of that willfulness, the same willfulness that makes him not lie, honor his debts, etc, also lead to his refusal to accept the idea that his father had A PLAN.

Just the idea that Chloe is the result of Yahweh's meddling is enough to send Lucifer running the opposite way.  If anything, this point, accepting the idea that Chloe loves him through her own Free Will, is a GROWTH point for Lucifer.  I feel confident in speculation that it is part of this show's long running theme in terms of character development.

This makes sense, but I wish the show had made this in any way clear. I agree with others that we haven't seen anything within this canon to really explain why Lucifer is acting the way he is. 

When they were having the celestial planning session and Amenadiel said something about it being kept from him that Dr. Linda knew they were divine did he mean he was just finding out then?  Because he knew she knew a long time ago, like episode 1x13 a long time ago. [edited, because that's just not true, oops] Maybe I misunderstood what he meant.

Oh my devil (heh) this episode was so good.  I love the entire cast of this show and I love how it's not always the same combinations of people together in scenes.  This episode made me sad, made me happy, made me awww, made me laugh ... so many emotions to pack into an hour.

I find it hard to pick a single favorite scene because there were too many.  Amenadiel and Trixie's scene and then the subsequent one with him keeping the doctors from moving Chloe was truly moving.  And how each time when Lucifer stabbed Uriel Tom Ellis looked just a little more heartbroken until he was in tears.  Maze and Dr. L ... oh, the emotion on Maze's face when she thought they wouldn't be able to bring Luci back.  The Lucifer letting Dan get beat up by the thugs scene.  Luci dragging his mother into the Hellevator to get her out of there.  Ella and Dan together ... Most of Chloe's scenes were of her in the hospital but what she did have Lauren German rocked.  Especially the end, the awkward "Hey why aren't you calling me back" call and the reaction at seeing the penthouse empty.  Uh, so yeah, like I said too many good scenes.

And as a fangirl bonus for me, Aimee Garcia (Ella) liked one of my tweets tonight.  

It sucks we have to wait til May but since part of the reasoning for that is because they needed time to shoot the extended back half of the season, I'm okay with it.

Edited by gameoff
fixing wrong info
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, dippydee said:

I can't believe I have to wait til May for this show to come back  though. Damn you Fox *shakes angry fist*

That guy having to relive the worst moment of his life - with a side of extra-angst thrown in - was his own personal Hell.

That ^quoted portion is my own personal Hell.   13 weeks, at least, until the next episode?!  Christ on a bike.  That's a few more weeks than the holiday hiatus!

Edited by iRarelyWatchTV36
  • Love 7

Lucifer leaving Chloe was my lesser evil prediction, and they avoided the cliché of "leaving her for her own good". I was kind of afraid they'd "kill" her "for good" before the hiatus.

(Three months. Argh. We've been good little watchers, why are we punished?)

Every actor was on top of their game, but for me Lauren German was the MVP. After the goofy moments last week, she showed Chloe's trusting, sensitive and vulnerable sides. Loved the "hide the strippers" line. It talked of her acceptation of who Lucifer is now that she decided to get over her fears and into a relationship with him.

And here I need to say: Lucifer, you IDIOT.

I know his heart was broken, I understand his point about manipulations, and I feel for him; kudos to Tom Ellis because Lucifer didn't sound like an emo woobie and considering the context of mommy and daddy issues it was quite a feat. But I do hope that in the next episode, he's going to realize that it crushed Chloe's heart, too, and she didn't deserve it more than being poisoned.

The bittersweet "heaven sent" line killed me. Damn you, show. Damn you.

I died by cuteness, as expected, with Trixie and Amenadiel. Amenadiel/Lucifer's relationship is still one of the pillars of this show for me, along with Chloe/Lucifer.

I'm really digging the Ella/Dan duo. They're kind of "team normal people". It helped me to pinpoint why I never wanted Chloe and Dan together, even when Dan stopped being a douche : They're both "straight man" characters and they work better with zany or (awesomely crazy) ones imo. So, not crazy about the anvils re: Dan's residual feelings, but it will  depend on where they lead. The divorce is fresh so such feelings are realistic. But I don't want a serious love triangle here and can for once on TV exes stay exes? They showed why Dan and Chloe didn't work the first time around so I'd rather see them go forward, from friendly exes to true friends, than back.

Doc/Maze and Douchifer moments were the icing on the cake. In spite of the emotional charge of the episode, humor wasn't completely forgotten and it's good.

I'll be there when the show is back. But it's going to be a long wait, sigh.

• Love 8
24 minutes ago, gameoff said:

When they were having the celestial planning session and Amenadiel said something about it being kept from him that Dr. Linda knew they were divine did he mean he was just finding out then?  Because he knew she knew a long time ago, like episode 1x13 a long time ago.  Maybe I misunderstood what he meant.

Uh? Dr Linda didn't find out Lucifer was the devil until S2.

Amenadiel was pointing out that he had not been consulted when Lucifer made the choice to give proof to a human.

I'm actually not so eager about the show to return. I also only liked the episode until Lucifer saw the doctor in Hell. They're deviating from the original characters too much for my liking. I like character growth and development, I don't like when they become different characters in the process and the basis of a show changes. Lucifer seemed to be a very different show only a few episodes ago, when it started and in that short time, Lucifer himself has changed a lot. I don't think it helps that I don't see any chemistry between Lucifer and Chloe. I like their dynamic but I just don't see chemistry. No matter how often Ella tries to shove it into my face ;-)

I'll wait and see what the final episodes of the season bring.

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, CheshireCat said:

Uh? Dr Linda didn't find out Lucifer was the devil until S2.

Amenadiel was pointing out that he had not been consulted when Lucifer made the choice to give proof to a human.

My bad.  My brain somehow convinced me the "we're brothers" scene from 1x13 had to do with her finding out.  How could I forget that epic face showing reveal?  (Too much TV probably, haha.)

Thanks for the clarification.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Commando Cody said:

They could have left mom in hell. I knew they wouldn't, but I was so wishing for it. 

I really thought she was going to stay & we would finally be rid of her. I'm so disappointed.

• Love 5

The way the slow motion and music was showcasing Amenadiel standing against the guards, I was expecting him to regain some of his grace back. And to be honest, I was almost hoping to see him wing up to accomplish it.

I too saw the hand raise coming to kill Lucifer, and it was still hilarious. As was the Maze's "Ooops".  Even with dark episodes like this one, this show is just enjoyable to watch.

However, I was disappointed we didn't see Lucifer in full on devil appearance in hell. At the very least, I think he should have had his red head look going on.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Richness said:

However, I was disappointed we didn't see Lucifer in full on devil appearance in hell. At the very least, I think he should have had his red head look going on.

There was a moment of "Red-Head" when he left the doctor to his torments.

I think it's a problem of practicality.  That much make-up, you'd lose the nuances of Tom Ellis' face when he's putting forth scenes like his own torment with Uriel. 

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, Good Queen Jane said:

Which leads me to my theory of the true object of Dad's long con: Trixie. Without Chloe, there would be no Trixie. And Trixie seems to be the path of redemption for the fallen. So far she has touched Maze and Amenadiel for the better. Can Lucifer be far behind?

I love this idea. It would be a great twist and still feel completely organic. Interesting to note, that Amenadiel first started losing his abilities when he looked at a picture of Chloe and Trixie. 

• Love 4
8 hours ago, retrograde said:

This makes sense, but I wish the show had made this in any way clear. I agree with others that we haven't seen anything within this canon to really explain why Lucifer is acting the way he is. 

I think that the show has tried?  More so in the first season than recently, I'll agree there, because I noticed when they brought the subject back up a few episodes ago.  But still, from the first season alone ...

The pilot episode we learn that Lucifer is done "playing a part in Dad's play."

Lucifer defiantly burning his wings, rather that risk the temptation they offer for him to go back under Dad's thumb.

The ending monologue in Favorite Son.

The entire episode with Father Frank. "You manipulative bastard" "Why does everybody think it's a good plan."

I think that the writers may fear (especially after what happened in Sleepy Hollow and the CFD) is that if they pummeled the point about Lucifer's "Daddy Issues" too hard, it would become annoying to the audience.

• Love 3

A great episode overall. 

What happen to "mom" mortal husband?  Never went back to him. In that wicked post modern house they live in.  Poor guy wife is died and does not even know it.  If she leaves the show and don't come back next season.  Will he think wife just ran off?  

That lab tech has an interesting background. A family of criminals.  Did anyone else get the "gyspey" vibe from her family and brother?  

Hospital set up was so good   Dr. Linda was ready to die and go to hell for her patients.   That called talking the job serious.   I was worried someone in the hospital would recognize her   And maze would have to knock them out.  

Did you notice Armi was fighting was "fighting" 3 "white shirts" aka the good guys in doing the lords work.   

Was lucy penthouse was totally empty of stuff or just empty of him?  I could not really tell.  It looked totally empty of stuff.  also  did maze go with him or stay with Chloe?  

Was "goddness of creation" always so anti-human?  Or did being in hell make her unbalance?  

Next season suggestion. No more Saw movies or Castle tv shows. No more Type references please. Other than that. Great season.

Anyone know what type of booze Lucy keeps in his flask?  

Edited by gwhh
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, gwhh said:

A great episode overall. 

What happen to "mom" mortal husband?  Never went back to him. In that wicked post modern house they live in.  Poor guy wife is died and does not even know it.  If she leaves the show and don't come back next season.  Will he think wife just ran off?   

Was "goddness of creation" always so anti-human?  Or did being in hell make her unbalance?  

Charlotte didn't die.  She came back from Hell.

Yes.  Lucifer explained in his session with Dr. Linda, Dad and Mom were happy, then Dad got a hobby (humanity), Mom got jealous and kicked up a fuss and got booted down into Hell.

• Love 1

I thought it was interesting that they kept showing a door in Hell being pounded with chains shaking - Sis?

Loved that Maze and Linda couldn't bring themselves to shock Lucifer and he did it himself, but Maze gives Mom no warning and gets her standing up- blam

Trixie and Amendiel was sweet.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Good Queen Jane said:

Actually, that's exactly how I interpreted that scene. After Trixie told Amenadiel that he was good, he got his mojo back. I don't think wingless Amenadiel could have held off one guard, much less three or four.

Which leads me to my theory of the true object of Dad's long con: Trixie. Without Chloe, there would be no Trixie. And Trixie seems to be the path of redemption for the fallen. So far she has touched Maze and Amenadiel for the better. Can Lucifer be far behind?

I love the idea now that maybe perhaps Trixie's hugs make people act "good", and that's why Lucifer flees from them!

4 hours ago, gwhh said:

In the beginning of the season Lucifer said it was her hatred of humans/Earth from the actual beginning that got her sent to Hell. He even said she was the one who caused some of the floods and other destruction, she was jealous of the time her "husband" spent on his creation and wanted it gone, but instead she got sent to Hell for it.

One thing I'm unclear on, last season, were the wings now suppose to be the only way to get Maze back to hell? Last year she was all about going home, yet in this episode she said she can't go because she has no soul to be able to exist there. It makes me wonder A) How she was expecting to get back last season and B) How did she exist to begin with in Hell if all of a sudden she can't? Would Lucifer flying her back -or something- mean she could have existed again?

Anyone watch with closed captioned on by any chance? I'd love to know if what Uriel said to Lucifer about "the piece" was spelled "peace" or "piece", since that definitely has to be significant now.

Edited by Gigi43
  • Love 3
13 minutes ago, Gigi43 said:

One thing I'm unclear on, last season, were the wings now suppose to be the only way to get Maze back to hell? Last year she was all about going home, yet in this episode she said she can't go because she has no soul to be able to exist there. It makes me wonder A) How she was expecting to get back last season and B) How did she exist to begin with in Hell if all of a sudden she can't?

I think Maze can go to hell in her physical form; I think she just can't die and then come back to life because she doesn't have a soul to be revived. That's why she would need Lucifer to carry her there.

Edited by Good Queen Jane
clarifying my thoughts
  • Love 5
31 minutes ago, Sonoma said:

Speaking of, yes I'm shipping Dan and Ella too. And Maze and Amenadiel. Love them! As long as no romance eats the show, I'm all in!

It's funny because as much as I'm shipping these couples, there are so many other aspects of this show that draws me in.  The writing, the laughs, the poignant moments, the darkness, the relationships, the performances, the chemistry.  This show has everything and I'm hoping it stays this good for a long time. I know every show has a shelf life but I'm hoping as different as this show has been, it can hang in there longer than most.

100% agree. For now (fingers crossed) I feel that the romantic aspects of the show didn't take over the other aspects, although when you think of it, there was actually quite a lot of romantic storylines. And that's how I like ships, intelligently woven into the general scheme of things and striking a balance.

My only nitpick in the last couple of episode was the lack of Amenadiel/Maze interaction (not even romantic, I love them as a team). But I'm aware that we can't have everything all the time. I had some Trixie and a lot of duos, I'm a happy camper. It's really a huge advantage that I either love or like every character, I'm usually satisfied with every combination that gets the spotlight; cast integration and balance reassure me that I'll see more of my other favorite actors or pairings (again, not necessarily romantic) in the next episode.

I wonder if Lucifer will come to the same conclusion as many here, and begin to be "suspicious" of Trixie being the crux of God's plan or God's vessel or something. Oh, the hilarious high jinks. BTW,  Scarlet Estevez's little look at DB Wodside when Amenadiel said he was Lucifer's brother was perfectly on spot.

• Love 2

May?!?!?! What have we done to deserve this!?! What level of Hell have we been cursed to?!?!

Seriously, really good finale. Lots of humorous and dramatic moments, with a good mix of characters and situations. I loved the Celestial Meeting, and I laughed out loud when it was revealed that Dr. Linda was there. Poor Dr. Linda. Her whole life has become some kind of bizarre, celestial version of What About Bob, with Dr. Linda as the long suffering therapist pulled into the crazy schemes of her wacky client, AKA Lucifer. Except she is a WAY better therapist. Seriously, someone give that woman a raise!

Lots of other great scenes, like Maze and Amenadiel slowly raising their hands when Lucifer needed someone to kill him, Ella and Dan as Team Normal, Maze being unable to kill Lucifer, but totally killing mom instantly, Amenadiel and Trixie, Dan and Lucifer working together, it was just great. Love that Dan and Lucifer are getting along better these days. They even exchanged bro backs pats real quick at the hospital! I don't think they are going with a Dan/Chloe/Lucifer triangle. At least, I don't think they are.

Lucifer, I love you, but you an idiot. You go through all of that, and you just skedaddle? Come one, man! Just because Dad played cosmic matchmaker, that doesn't mean you and Chloe aren't for real! I'm actually finally alright with Chloe/Lucifer, don't screw it up now! Granted, I still kind of prefer them as good friends and partners, but the actors are making it work.

I like this version of Hell. Less fire and brimstone and damnation, more of a Hell of your own making. Poor Lucifer. Tom Ellis just looked heartbroken every time he tried to stab Urial. Wow, never thought I would type the words "Poor Lucifer" but...here we are.

2 hours ago, Sonoma said:

Speaking of, yes I'm shipping Dan and Ella too. And Maze and Amenadiel. Love them! As long as no romance eats the show, I'm all in!

I am so on board this ship! Actually, I would love a scene at some point where Lucifer/Chloe, Maze/Amenadiel, and Dan/Ella all go on some kind of bizarre triple date, and spend half the time texting Doctor Linda about all their issues, only for her to show up and lead some kind of crazy therapy session. Come on writers, it writes itself!

Seriously, it cant be said enough, MAY?!?!

• Love 8
7 hours ago, storyskip said:

Charlotte didn't die.  She came back from Hell.

Yes.  Lucifer explained in his session with Dr. Linda, Dad and Mom were happy, then Dad got a hobby (humanity), Mom got jealous and kicked up a fuss and got booted down into Hell.

One problem with that.  There NO time in heaven.  Time was invented for men to help them adjust to a mortal life.  No time or reference to time in the after life.  Or as they say on DS9: a non-linear being. 

Edited by gwhh
  • Love 1

Well, that was fun. This is a rare show that can literally make me laugh out loud, but also packs quite the emotional punch.

Still not loving love-struck Chloe, but I seem to be in the minority so I won't go on about it.

I found Tom Ellis's corpse face to be both hilarious and terrifying.

I found Dr. Linda annoying when the show first started, but she may be my favorite now. So funny!

• Love 1
2 hours ago, gwhh said:

One problem with that.  There NO time in heaven.  Time was invented for men to help them adjust to a mortal life.  No time or reference to time in the after life.  Or as they say on DS9: a non-linear being. 

I'm not sure what that has to do with Charlotte but again, they addressed the non-linear aspect of time shift between Earth and Hell in the episode.

As far as Earth was concerned, Lucifer was "dead" no longer than 6 minutes, Charlotte less than that since she died after he died.  Down in Hell, an untold amount of time passed.  The show never tried to sell it as a 1:1 ratio.

• Love 1

I twenty-second the MAY?!??! feelings.  This show has become one of my favorites.

My thought about Luci's aversion to Dad's plan is:  yes, the show has given us plenty of lead-in to justify his departure; and, I'm glad he's taking a little walkabout.  He needs to sort out his feelings and perceptions independent of the manipulations he has been subjected to via Mum and Amenadude.  I said last week that I was tired of the Mum as manipulator, and BOOM, the show gives me a scene where she admits her role and has Luci cut her off because of it.  Brilliant, and thank you.  She needs to be at a greater distance from him before the final resolution of her time on Earth.

The idea that Hell is not just a place where Luci punishes, but where the guilt of the individual drives the punishment was so neat.  Mum's own guilt over Uriel's death nearly propelled her to stay put.  And the delivery of the 'don't leave me again' line by MI was great to drive home how people put themselves in their own Hell.  I'm wondering if maybe the show will put Luci in a place, in MAY, where his exile from Chloe mirrors the guilt dynamic of Hell.  

I'm not a shipper.  If they come up with a way to return Luci and Chloe to professional pals without overwhelming angst/sadness, I'll be okay with that.  But I totally, and respectfully, disagree with the poster above who said their is no chemistry between the leads.  First, because Ellis has chemistry with a doorknob.  Second, because did you see the opening scene from last week?  Hot. Ms. German has, as I've said before, won me over.  The perfect balance of professional drive, mothering, compassion, and goofiness.  So if the show elects to go with some romance, I'm cool with that too.  I hate to put too much trust in FOX (still pissed about Sleep Hollow), but so far they've earned it.

My favorite giggles:  Dr. Linda asking about whether the celestial planning sessions were a regular thing and Maze shocking Mum into Hell without so much as a blink.  Solid winter finale, show.  Bring it on for the end of the season!!

• Love 9
21 minutes ago, Zipper said:

First, because Ellis has chemistry with a doorknob.  

Lauren German doesn't and I feel that Ellis is getting nothing back from her in that regard. No one's fault, just the way I see it.

Second, because did you see the opening scene from last week?  Hot. Ms. German has, as I've said before, won me over.  

There is a difference between an (acted) sex scene and chemistry. Chemistry is interhuman. You cannot act chemistry.

Edited by CheshireCat
  • Love 4
23 hours ago, ItCouldBeWorse said:

Every poisoned, dying mom should keep their young child close enough to witness their heart stopping, seizures, etc. Though I guess if Trixie wasn't in the hospital, we'd be complaining that she must be home alone since Dan and Maze were busy.

As a small child I was rushed to a hospital to be in a room with dying parent. It wasn't a poisoning, and if anything particularly visibly horrifying happened they were ready to kick me out (and told me as much before letting me in) but I was not surprised by Trixie's being there in general since my personal experience lined up just fine. Perhaps both are anomalies? I don't know any hospital doctors personally.

"Mom" going to Hell bugged me because doesn't Luci still have a deal to bring her back to Hell that he hadn't quite fulfilled his end of yet but was also sticking with the technicality that he could/would do it but didn't yet? So I was expecting some sort of...she goes to bring him back but she can't leave because by her going he fulfilled his end of that bargain. So I was bummed she was able to pull him back with her, instead of just him coming back.

Edited by theatremouse
  • Love 6

Super bummed about May but that was a fantastic episode to go out on.

2 scenes stick out in particular for me.  As a ton of other people noted- DB Woodside in the doorway.  Man, was that powerful.  The framing, the music, his sheer presence were all just perfection.  Totally agree with @Good Queen Jane - that sure looked like an angel getting his groove back.  

I have not been crazy about the character- but the scene with Lucifer dragging his mom back into the elevator to leave hell was another perfect melding of actors, music, and cinematography. 

Do you guys remember when Tom Ellis was Robin Hood?  I love Lucifer, so obviously I am much happier he is here- but how different could Once Upon a Time been with him still in that role?  (Never mind - I don't even think Tom would have been able to save that thankless role...)

Also, Dr. Linda totally deserves a raise. 

See you all in May!

Edited by gik910
  • Love 7