Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E07: The Newlyweds vs The Browns

• Start Topic

12 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Talk about a couple that stops caring and lets their looks go straight to hell once they get married..........

LOL, I actually thought that about Maddie and Caleb before they got married too!

Edited by Snarklepuss
  • Love 5
On January 15, 2017 at 9:19 PM, Armchair Critic said:

And we enjoy your snark. I put the show on then I play online or do other things and I look up when I hear something snarkworthy. For me this isn't a show like 'Lost' or 'Mad Men' that I feel like I have to pay full attention to. 

I'm either on Pinterest or playing Toy Blast.

I'm thinking the two hour format is just because TLC has NOTHING else to show. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, ChicagoChris said:

Robyn is such a liar. "I tried to respect the wives' feelings while courting..." No you didn't. He chose your dress and you did the poor little me bit . And you didn't take a pic with Kody alone at your wedding but then you had him drawn in to a pic of your kids, like a psycho.

Robyn only said they didn't have pictures of the two of them.  That isn't true.  At some time they had a whole spread of just Kody and Robyn with her in her wedding dress and him in his tux, some with that little white car of his.  When they show on screen in her bedroom the blow up of the car photo is on her wall.

• Love 7
11 hours ago, Sgt Pepper said:

That was a fun episode.  I actually enjoyed the game.  Not the Robyn part later, I ffd that.  

Mariah's hair looks really nice straightened.  Aspyn is a beauty. Mykelti and Tony are cute and I am glad they know each other well. It's refreshing! Christine's does look fabulous, and definitely the best looking wife.  Meri looked better with straight hair, as shown in the clip show. 

Mariah's hair is naturally straight.  When she was younger, her natural hair would rival Aspyn's.  It's like she deliberately makes herself unattractive. 

ETA:  The biggest problem with Meri's hair is that it's cut with a razor. It causes that rough coarse look. 

Edited by RedheadZombie
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

Made up Mormon.  They all do that.

It's not a made up name.  Babynamewizard says the name originated from a Hebrew version of Michael.*

Nameberry says the name originated with Native Americans. 

*This particular site asks "Know a Mykelti?  What are his siblings named?".  The Browns were there.  Eight of the names listed were Browns. And the distinctive names are accounted for:  Paedon, Aspyn, and Truely.  Aurora managed to get herself in there, too (of course).  

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Kbo said:

Did Mykelti actually say the most attractive thing about Tony was his hair?  Granted there's not a lot to choose from there, but that floppy mop of hair that desperately needs a decent cut...just no.

I thought she would mention his smile.  He has nice dimples.  But maybe she hopes he won't  become obsessed with his hair (like her father) if she praises it. 

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Kbo said:

Did Mykelti actually say the most attractive thing about Tony was his hair?  Granted there's not a lot to choose from there, but that floppy mop of hair that desperately needs a decent cut...just no. 

Maybe she's just impressed by the fact that (1) he HAS a full head of hair, and (2) it doesn't look like dead straw.  

• Love 2
On 1/15/2017 at 11:21 PM, thebalconyfool said:

Your post cracked me up. Especially the bit about tlc filming from the shallow end of the tub. Lol. I've no doubt.

You know it's true. TLC filmed Anna Duggar giving birth on a toilet, for crying out loud. 

(That really sounds like a horrible euphemism.)

• Love 3
18 hours ago, MarkySnark said:

Mykelti was raised by Christine, who believes that everyone outside their little religious bubble is "dangerous" or "unsafe." That is what probably brings on Mykelti's need to be protected. She's been told from Day 1 that outsiders want to break up her family and thus always needs to feel protected.

Maybe she gets hassled by fans or something, too. 

• Love 1

I caught Meri's talking head of her saying something like, she's working on understanding that if Kody walks into her house in a bad mood, to not take it personally, that it's not always about her. My mother in law (whom I love!) is the exact same way, if she calls and we don't answer with a great big, happy HELLO!!!! she gets super sensitive right away and wants to know what's wrong, puts us all on the defensive immediately. After we say, no! Nothing's wrong!, she'll go into, oh, well you seem grumpy, thought I had something to do with it....UGH!! Exhausting. I bet that's how Meri is a lot. Hyper sensitive. Always needing reassurance.  I could never live with that. Never. 

Edited by VedaPierce
  • Love 10

Also, did anyone catch Christine's reaction at one point when Robyn and Kody got one right? I think it was done as a talking head with Kody, where Christine talked about that moment, then said she was really happy about that because Robyn and Kody haven't been seeing eye to eye or connecting for MONTHS. um, thanks Christine. Wtf was THAT? How does she let that little nugget slip in?? I could tell she was sorry immediately and tried to swallow her words as they were coming out! Too late! Lol! Oh Christine, never stop keeping sweet as U stab your enemy in the back.

These little gold nuggets are what I sift for as I sit through their hours-long propaganda. Lol lol!

• Love 15
18 minutes ago, VedaPierce said:

I caught Meri's talking head of her saying something like, she's working on understanding that if Kody walks into her house in a bad mood, to not take it personally, that it's not always about her. My mother in law (whom I love!) is the exact same way, if she calls and we don't answer with a great big, happy HELLO!!!! she gets super sensitive right away and wants to know what's wrong, puts us all on the defensive immediately. After we say, no! Nothing's wrong!, she'll go into, oh, well you seem grumpy, thought I had something to do with it....UGH!! Exhausting. I bet that's how Meri is a lot. Hyper sensitive. Always needing reassurance.  I could never live with that. Never. 

But if you had a husband you only saw one day a week and he was always in a bad mood, you would be sensitive too. 

• Love 9
On January 16, 2017 at 3:08 PM, LucyEth said:

At the time and now watching the clips, Christine was the big problem for Robyn and Kody.  She was very jealous admittedly.   Meri picked Robyn, Janelle  couldn't care less but Christine was fake, she really didn't want her in the marriage. She should have objected from the start.  I couldn't believe when Christine called Kody to tell him her water broke and he was with Robyn he sort of annoyingly said "I gotta go, she is gonna have this baby".  Wow, I don't remember that scene.  The first hour with the game show was just silly.  Madison does look bad, must be the pregnancy.  Maybe she does not feel well.

I'm sure she objected plenty which is why she got major coldness from Kody for a while. His constant harping on her needing to love the 'fam'ly', and then he would love her, was just code for Christine better start loving Robyn, or else. And really messed up. Every family therapist will say that couples must never let their own children come between a husband and wife, that nothing must come between that bond, and here come these morons all coming in between each other, all the time. Who the hell is Meri to demand that Christine's 'husband' not show affection to his 'wife' in front of her?!? I'm so sure they all must have the stupidest rules and regulations for each other, to make sure everything is all fair and even! Ugh!! Nice marriage. 

Edited by VedaPierce
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

But if you had a husband you only saw one day a week and he was always in a bad mood, you would be sensitive too. 

I respectfully disagree. I'm responsible for my own actions, thoughts and behavior. There are always 'reasons' for acting like an asshole. Like I said, my MIL pulls the same crap and she's married to one man. and when I would get accused of being in a bad mood by her, I never was, I just don't always have it in me to put on a dog a pony show when I'm in her presence. It makes me feel like I'm walking on eggshells and I resent it. Sometimes -especially w fam'ly- U don't want to put on a fake smiley facade. Maybe I just have a low tolerance for over-sensitivity. It's always been a pet peeve of mine. 

Edited by VedaPierce
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

I think people who are hypersensitive like that have a deep hurt in their background.  That ain't normal.  And to be in a poly-marriage where there is competition and (obvious) emotional manipulation by Kody is not any way to take care of that hurt.  

Edited by Granny58
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

Mariah's hair is naturally straight.  When she was younger, her natural hair would rival Aspyn's.  It's like she deliberately makes herself unattractive. 

ETA:  The biggest problem with Meri's hair is that it's cut with a razor. It causes that rough coarse look. 

Is Maddie's hair naturally straight? Or are the curls natural? No one else seems to have them. Does she perm her hair? I liked her dark, short cut best. 

Meri's hair is not only horribly cut, but the skunk look really isn't flattering either. She, IMO, is the one who has gone downhill the most in terms of looks. She's so orange and crunchy looking. 

• Love 4
On 1/15/2017 at 5:05 PM, CofCinci said:

Tony has grown on me.

I think people freaked out about him at the beginning, for one reason- because he doesn't seem like them. Maybe that's one reason MyK likes him?

On 1/15/2017 at 5:11 PM, Nowhere said:

I can't even fathom third personing everything we do. We're going to have a Trent family dinner. Let's go on a Trent family Starbucks run. Emily needs to take her car on a Trent family trip to jiffy lube. It gets on my damn nerves.

LOL it does seem dorky, yet simultaneous pretentious, doesn't it?  I've heard other people do this and seen it on Christmas cards. It strikes me almost like a brand name, or like something a horrible facebook ad would co-opt, like 'the Trent family likes brandx for their kid snacks' . Maybe if you have a thousand people in your family though, it seems normal.

On 1/15/2017 at 5:30 PM, Sista Snarky said:

This game is annoying enough. Meri has to be Debbie Downer with her lost "Lover" name. ?

It kind of reminded me of what my parents generation would  call their gf/bf's in the 70's, which struck me as weird, as it reeks of hippie-dippie free love stuff, which doesn't seem to gibe with the whole mormon fundie thing, old-style or modern-day. I suppose the effect of all that 'look how we used to love each other' thing (which imo didn't look all that romantic even in the past, but more pals) is meant to make us feel sorry for both of them or introduce the idea that they are done, 'cause you know, tv people think we're slow and/or need to be told 'bad news' in a season-long way. Plus they must be desperate for material. Speaking of which, endlessly watching old clips sucks.

On 1/15/2017 at 10:20 PM, Sista Snarky said:

I think Mykelti is trying to get Christine to stick a fork in a toaster by saying that she'd be open to being a SW with a few of her BFFs. 

I doubt there would be a line forming to be married to Tony & the thought of dealing with Mykelti as SW #1 to  former Catholic present Mormon possibly future polygamist Tony...is enough to send Christine over the edge of Red Rock mountain. 

Robyn chimed in that Mykelti never ruled out being a SW. Two seasons ago (on the Tell All) Mykelti stated she would never get married & wanted to adopt children on her own.

I was thinking when MyK was saying years ago that she was going to adopt, that maybe she was the one who would have the 'coming out' , like maybe the adopting meant she wasn't going to get married. With this crew you never know who is going to do what. Christine is pretty tough, despite having already mentally been driven over that mountain, sure she can have a childish, vindictive side but at least she also can be warm and accepting.

On 1/16/2017 at 4:11 AM, CofCinci said:

Sororities have insane grooming standards. 

She got the rapunzel fairy-tale hair from her mom. Some of the other Brownlets seem to have white hair, but maybe they will turn golden too as they get bigger, like baby chicks or something.

On 1/16/2017 at 5:17 AM, ghoulina said:

Look at his answer to getting a 5th wife - "We've been though this enough". THROUGH THIS. Like it's cancer or something. Being married to these women is "getting through" something? Lovely. Notice only Jenelle was open to it. I bet she thought - "even one less day he comes to my house, yes!"

That doesn't sound like an out-and-out 'no' though does it?  Jenelle probably doesn't give a hoot but the others likely collectively voted it down and she had to join with them. I wonder if there were some negotiations like 'well if we do add a 5th, will tlc guarantee us like x more seasons..one or two more seasons, nope not enough, if we add they have to contract with us at least 4 more seasons....then there is always the problem of where would she live? Unless Meri flies the coop, rents out rooms in her house and one can be for #5 , and kody can pay the rent for her. It's real doubtful Meriah is going to move back home.

20 hours ago, Annb67 said:

Wth kind of nam, but the others probabe is Mykelti btw? It sounds like your hacking up something. 

Every see the youtubes about mormon names, your sides will hurt from laughing.

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Is Maddie's hair naturally straight? Or are the curls natural? No one else seems to have them. Does she perm her hair? I liked her dark, short cut best. 

Meri's hair is not only horribly cut, but the skunk look really isn't flattering either. She, IMO, is the one who has gone downhill the most in terms of looks. She's so orange and crunchy looking. 

I don't *think* Maddie has naturally curly hair.  Her childhood pictures and the Maddie we first met had straight hair.  The only one who seems to have any natural curl is Gwendlyn.  Maddie, Mykelti, and Mariah all had silky looking beautiful hair before coloring.  Color makes hair look thicker, but it shouldn't make it look so coarse and dirty.  I actually think Mykelti can carry off the red, and even these darker colors because of her pale skin.  I also like Maddie's hair best as she wore it in the clip where they announced the move to LV.

Meri looked so much better when we first met her.  The faux tan is just so unflattering.  I think Meri has a great, infectious smile, so when she's sad she loses that positive attribute.  Janelle also looked better, makeup and hair wise, when we first met her.  She had a better haircut and better color.  Christine is the only one who's greatly improved since the beginning.  I don't think she wore eye makeup back then, and she's learned the art of subtle makeup application.

• Love 2

I think maybe  the real "game" behind-the-scenes is Maddie & Mykelti competing for a possible Duggarish spin-off (in their own minds). Easy money for those couples that constantly find their way to filming. Maddie & Caleb live hundreds of miles away...

TLC doesn't have enough programming.  I'm like ready for therapy by seeing the constant commercials for that   600 lb. nightmare show.

I sense lots of   sibling rivalry between Mykelti & Madison. Mykelti never even mentioned Maddie's wedding on her social media.

There was no place but up to go for Tony. I can't believe anyone would arrive to talk about getting married ...looking like they just rolled out of bed...after a few days of hard partying.

Edited by Sista Snarky
1 minute ago, Sista Snarky said:

I think maybe  the real "game" behind-the-scenes is Maddie & Mykelti competing for a possible Duggarish spin-off (in their own minds). Easy money for those couples that constantly find their way to filming. Maddie & Caleb live hundreds of miles away...

hmmmm.  It appears that Maddie and Caleb might have moved to Vegas, since Maddie is now Meri's helper in her LLR MLM biz.  She was made an admin of her group (in case Meri gets thrown into FB jail again) and also Meri pointed out that Maddie had processed 12 BOXES of new inventory that arrived from LLR during the weekend for her live popup sale.

Meri most likely hasn't made a penny of real profit - she's just rolling it back into more inventory, as all MLM consultants are encouraged to do.  12 shipments must have cost thousands.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

I'm with you. No one should come into my happy home all grumpy trying to ruin my day. Just stay away, I don't need someone to suck the life out of me. 

My oncologist also says to avoid unhappy people.

Edited by Swim mom
I rarely play the cancer card, but when doctors recommend something, I listen.

I so wish Meri would get a real job at a real place,  even if it was clerking at a home depot.  Alternatively,  she could get out of that cul de sac by volunteering somewhere. She would gain so much from it:  a sense of being needed, self confidence, friends who aren't sleeping with her man.

Does Kodi have a real job? Does anyone have a 9 to 5? Serious question. I know Christine has never wanted to work outside the home. Robin has small children, plus I don't know if she has any work history. I remember that Meri had a job in the past. Janelle seems to have worked the most consistently.  The other two polygamous families that have been on tv, I noyiced that almost all of the wives have jobs or careers. 

1 hour ago, DakotaJustice said:

hmmmm.  It appears that Maddie and Caleb might have moved to Vegas, since Maddie is now Meri's helper in her LLR MLM biz.  She was made an admin of her group (in case Meri gets thrown into FB jail again) and also Meri pointed out that Maddie had processed 12 BOXES of new inventory that arrived from LLR during the weekend for her live popup sale.

Meri most likely hasn't made a penny of real profit - she's just rolling it back into more inventory, as all MLM consultants are encouraged to do.  12 shipments must have cost thousands.

I bet the show is filming & they do live in Vegas or will soon enough. Maddie & Caleb are always there. 

I remember when they went to dinner with Maddie's friend Desi...Kody mentioned that he thinks Maddie & Caleb will be living in Vegas soon. Caleb really got his back up & belted out "how much are you gonna pay me?"  

Yep...all the rolling back for more inventory & the costs associated with the pop-ups. Renting space locally in Vegas (who knows how many people show up with such little notice when they don't seem to draw crowds no matter what they do) & traveling expenses. She had a sale in Oregon & remember seeing all the big bags of items she schlepped back from that...on her IG.

If she ends up in FB jail...she shouldn't do sales like that on FB. That just looks so low rent & unprofessional to have a back-up person just in case she gets busted for doing something that goes against the rules.

Edited by Sista Snarky
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

I gave the side eye to the 12 boxes too.  And she rented a room to sell it.  I'm curious as to how this sale went.  

Could be a HUGE garage sale in Meri's future.  They could unload the MSWC crap too. Maybe.

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, Sista Snarky said:

If she ends up in FB jail...she shouldn't do sales like that on FB. That just looks so low rent & unprofessional to have a back-up person just in case she gets busted for doing something that goes against the rules.

Yeah I agree but on her group other consultants chimed in and advised her to have at least one or two admins specifically for that reason. 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

Because that's the beauty of polygamy-- Kody's bad moods are multiplied, not divided ;)

What would really bother me is if I were in a plural marriage and got my husband on a bad day, and the next day he's over it and happily goes off to wife number whatever in a good mood--I'd feel cheated, especially if the reason he was in a bad mood in the first place had nothing to do with me and was because of another wife.

Edited by Adiba
  • Love 11
21 hours ago, VedaPierce said:

I'm either on Pinterest or playing Toy Blast.

I'm thinking the two hour format is just because TLC has NOTHING else to show. 

I m totally addicted to Toy Blast, it's great for watching this stupid show too!   I just hate when I am on the same # game forever, or it seems like forever   LOL

• Love 1
1 hour ago, toodles said:

I gave the side eye to the 12 boxes too.  And she rented a room to sell it.  I'm curious as to how this sale went.  

Could be a HUGE garage sale in Meri's future.  They could unload the MSWC crap too. Maybe.

I'd watch the hell outta the   "garage sale wives" show. ?

Hopefully filmed in July when it's 150 degrees & they all run out of quarters during the first hour of the sale. 

Edited by Sista Snarky
  • Love 5
On 16/01/2017 at 6:51 AM, laurakaye said:

No, no...THEY will laugh.  THEY will laugh and laugh and laugh and try to make us non-plygs feel like we are missing out on the everyday wackiness that is the plyg life.  Remember middle school?  Remember how a group of girls would start to laugh in an over-the-top way when someone walked by that they were trying to impress - in the way of "ZOMG we are having SO MUCH FUN and our silly, hysterical laughter proves that we are super cool and exclusive and fun" - THAT is what the Sister Wives do, all the time.  Couch sessions, game night, those crazy times when they try to assemble the entire fam'ly to go to a movie - the laughter is not genuine, it's for their viewers.  They hate each other.  Period.

NO NO NO.  Kody married Meri (just Meri) for, let's say, three years.  Then he married Janelle for, say, two years.  When Kody married Janelle, each of Meri's years was halved.  When he married Christine, each of Meri's years was divided by 1/3.  Janelle's years were always halved, and then one-thirded when Christine came along, etc.  So in reality, KODY, you have not been married for 154 years or whatever.  You'd have to do some serious fractional division to come up with the real number, which as an English major, I cannot do.  Also, I don't care.

(oooh, really?  I have been looking for something to binge-watch until baseball season).

I deleted this episode after the knee-slapping hilarity of the Polygamist Newlywed Game.  There's only so much fun I can handle in one evening.

+++++++1 to @islandgal140 for "The Dark Wife Rises!"

I loved The Crown.

• Love 4
51 minutes ago, oceanview said:

I m totally addicted to Toy Blast, it's great for watching this stupid show too!   I just hate when I am on the same # game forever, or it seems like forever   LOL

It's so stupid, but so addicting! Lol

9 hours ago, VedaPierce said:

Also, did anyone catch Christine's reaction at one point when Robyn and Kody got one right? I think it was done as a talking head with Kody, where Christine talked about that moment, then said she was really happy about that because Robyn and Kody haven't been seeing eye to eye or connecting for MONTHS. um, thanks Christine. Wtf was THAT? How does she let that little nugget slip in?? I could tell she was sorry immediately and tried to swallow her words as they were coming out! Too late! Lol! Oh Christine, never stop keeping sweet as U stab your enemy in the back.

These little gold nuggets are what I sift for as I sit through their hours-long propaganda. Lol lol!

Great catch. Just rewatched that clip. Lends support to the rumors that Robyn was away for a while....

5 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Caleb quit. Why work 12 hour days and destroy your back when you can be a reality star?

• Love 2
1 minute ago, CofCinci said:

Great catch. Just rewatched that clip. Lends support to the rumors that Robyn was away for a while....

And I'm sure Robyn just LOVED that reveal! Ha! I bet it's ww3 over there now! Christine still hates that Robyn usurped her place on the totem pole.

• Love 4
25 minutes ago, VedaPierce said:

And I'm sure Robyn just LOVED that reveal! Ha! I bet it's ww3 over there now! Christine still hates that Robyn usurped her place on the totem pole.

That was the best part of the season! Christine said Kody & Robyn should get 5 points...before she let the cat out of the bag.

Christine should get 1000 points & the trophy for letting that one slip. ?

Guess being Kody's legal wife is like finding the bad luck tiki figure in Hawaii on the Brady Bunch.

Janelle & Christine must be so  happy not to find a tarantula in bed  throw out a hip...or get knocked over by a giant wave.

• Love 13
On 1/16/2017 at 4:05 PM, Sista Snarky said:

Mykelti is a shrewd operator.

My take on Mykelti is that she watched her mother dance and giggle her way into Kody's good graces and decided that marriage was a game of attention.  Her wanting to hurry up and marry Tony was her attempt to lure Kody into giving her the same adoring attention he was giving Madison.  Unfortunately it didn't work out that way for Mykelti, but at the same time she sure seems to be happy with Tony, so good for her.

On 1/16/2017 at 8:14 PM, ChicagoChris said:

Robyn is such a liar. "I tried to respect the wives' feelings while courting..." No you didn't. He chose your dress and you did the poor little me bit . And you didn't take a pic with Kody alone at your wedding but then you had him drawn in to a pic of your kids, like a psycho. 

Speaking of shrewd operators...Robyn really should earn a living giving lectures:  Fake Crying with Real Tears 101......How to Re-Write Your Fam'ly's History (complete with semi-professional fam'ly portrait artistic rendering)......The Tactics of Subtle Weight Undermining......Climb Up the Totem Pole, One Wife at a Time......Mascara Application for Optimal Eye Booger Retrieval.....etc.

10 hours ago, VedaPierce said:

But but but........didn't Christine just breathlessly announce that she and Robyn were BFF's 4-EVAH just a couple of episodes ago??  Do you mean to say that Christine was lying about that?!  But she seemed so breathless and sincere!!  (a commentary on how I cannot STAND the way Christine goes all whispery and soft when she's trying to prove a point).

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, laurakaye said:

My take on Mykelti is that she watched her mother dance and giggle her way into Kody's good graces and decided that marriage was a game of attention.  Her wanting to hurry up and marry Tony was her attempt to lure Kody into giving her the same adoring attention he was giving Madison.  Unfortunately it didn't work out that way for Mykelti, but at the same time she sure seems to be happy with Tony, so good for her.

Speaking of shrewd operators...Robyn really should earn a living giving lectures:  Fake Crying with Real Tears 101......How to Re-Write Your Fam'ly's History (complete with semi-professional fam'ly portrait artistic rendering)......The Tactics of Subtle Weight Undermining......Climb Up the Totem Pole, One Wife at a Time......Mascara Application for Optimal Eye Booger Retrieval.....etc.

But but but........didn't Christine just breathlessly announce that she and Robyn were BFF's 4-EVAH just a couple of episodes ago??  Do you mean to say that Christine was lying about that?!  But she seemed so breathless and sincere!!  (a commentary on how I cannot STAND the way Christine goes all whispery and soft when she's trying to prove a point).

Indeed...it seems like Christine starts to talk to her daughters from a very young age about "how things work" Truley explains it all by the age of 6 & can perform a spontaneous wedding ceremony without blinking....knowing all the do's  & dont's at every stage of a relationship between a magical  pwince & pwincess. ?

I've never even seen Christine have a conversation with her son Paedon. In all these years the only thing I've ever heard her say to him is "stop screaming like a girlie" during season 1 when his tooth was ready to be pulled by Meri.

When Chris & Don or Dawn whoever came to do "business" & talk about what's been going on in St. George with Mykelti...they said their son "Real Sam" brought her to church/church group. I'm sure Kody & Christine were hoping to pawn Mykelti to that family so she would be a family member of "Family Pawn"...with 4 locations in the St. George area. 

Instead...they got Tony. ?

Edited by Sista Snarky
  • Love 6
On 1/15/2017 at 5:49 PM, CofCinci said:

I wonder if Tony and Mykelti will go plural now.  Poor FT probably thinks he just got the greenlight for a threesome.  No buddy, sorry.

That was my impression.  IF one goes into polygamy because of a calling based on religion I am seeing FT/Mykelti polygamy as a way for Tony to sleep with more women not as a religious calling.  I don't see him going into it for the reasons that polygamist families speak about.  I could be wrong.  He still seems skeevy to me.  I also thought Mykelti's favorite part of him being his hair was kinda sad.  The one thing that can easily be changed or lost in the future.

• Love 2
On 1/15/2017 at 10:33 PM, islandgal140 said:

The main problem with game night is that there was a full frigging hour of it. I've got no issue with a non-retrospective light hour of Sister Wives with games of fun, but one hour of the same game, which was basically polygamy vs monogamy Newlywed Game was too damn much for me and frankly, not all that interesting after the first 20-30 minutes. No thank you. 

Well, look at that, newlyweds have and enjoy sex. As I live and breath, I never expected such a thing. 

I deleted the show after I realized hour 2 was about Robyn. I've seen 'The Dark Wife Rises' play out in real time so I don't need the clip show. Although, I do wonder if they showed the scene of when Robyn slapped all her bills on the kitchen table the minute she became wife #4. That scene just always reignites my hate with the heat of a thousand suns. 

I can't believe Maddie is pregnant so soon after her wedding. If Maddie gives birth at home in her bathtub, no doubt TLC will be at the shallow end of the tub filming it. I'm tentatively happy for her but also disappointed. 

I must rewatch the series unless some kind soul remembers which episode this was.  I do not remember this but I would like to see it.  That takes some balls.

On 1/16/2017 at 2:54 AM, Granny58 said:

Aspyn has amazing hair.  Mariah's hair looked pretty good (but those eyebrows - sheesh).  Maddie, your hair is a fright.  

Mariah looks a lot happier.  Maddie really does not look like she used to.  It must be all that sex ;).  I think Aspyn is the prettiest daughter.

• Love 2
On 1/16/2017 at 5:17 AM, ghoulina said:

So, this episode has taught us that a couple of barely-adults who've collectively known each other for what - five years, tops? - know each other better than this pack of frauds who have been together 20+ years. Okay, then. 

I mean, seriously, no more hating on Mykelti and Tony. They know each other DAMN well. (Although, I'm still a bit skeeved out by her "protection" needs.)

Overall, I thought the game was a fun idea. I always loved "Th Newlywed Game" and it gave me A LOT to snark on. Mariah and Aspyn seemed to be having a ball, and it was great seeing the younger generation outshine the older ones. 

I had to roll my eyes when Kody balked at playing on 4 separate teams with each wife. "They'll be comparing answers". They compare EVERYTHING! Stop trying to act like this cohesive unit, because you're not. 

Look at his answer to getting a 5th wife - "We've been though this enough". THROUGH THIS. Like it's cancer or something. Being married to these women is "getting through" something? Lovely. Notice only Jenelle was open to it. I bet she thought - "even one less day he comes to my house, yes!"

I laughed so hard thaty she couldn't remember her first kiss with Kody. He could. He remembered the electricity. (There was electricity? ) But all she remembered was the car. Bahahaha, Jenelle. I'll eternally love you for that blow to his ego.

And, of course, Meri had to take the opportunity to be a total Debbie Downer, play victim, and make everyone feel sorry for her. "We haven't used our pet names in years, waaaaah". Just use the one you used to say and move on with the game. Or did you legitimately forget, because you could only rememeber your pet names for Sam?

Neverrrrrr needed to know about "Fart Man". I could no be married to a man like that. 

Oh, and the call from Garrison at the beginning of the episode was nice. He sure has come a long way. He used to be such a little punk. He now seems very mature and thoughtful - asking the others how THEY were doing, making sure Mykelti feels important because of her upcoming wedding. I wish him the best.

Wasn't Fart Man Howard Stern?  I seem to recall that from the MTV Music Awards and from Private Parts (great movie by the way and actually made me like him a bit).

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

Wasn't Fart Man Howard Stern?  I seem to recall that from the MTV Music Awards and from Private Parts (great movie by the way and actually made me like him a bit).

Fart man was TOTALLY Howard and I thought of that immediately. I never missed a show when he was on K-rock in NY! 

Edited by VedaPierce
  • Love 2

I've been on the planet for a long time and had two husbands but have never heard anyone ever call their spouse or even their lover " lover".  It's a name I would think would not sit well with the sister wives. 

Oh wait  the MAD TV had a married couple who called each other lover and were in a hot tub all the time.  

Edited by athousandclowns
  • Love 6
On 1/17/2017 at 8:55 PM, CofCinci said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Caleb quit. Why work 12 hour days and destroy your back when you can be a reality star?

I feel (fill) like Christine's comment was just about the game, an exaggeration like I might use like "Robyn and Kody have been off on their answers for 87 years".  I don't think it was anything but that. 

• Love 1