Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E07: The Newlyweds vs The Browns

• Start Topic

I predict opening TH sessions from parents saying "Maddie recently got married" as if we don't know this already...complete with flashbacks to the wedding...that have been like a constant flood... for the last month.

Hopefully we're spared the standard  "2 years ago I started talking to a person online" TH/flashbacks by Meri....

Good thing FT knows how to stuff meat & cheese in tortillas to achieve "perfect to marry my daughter" status with Christine. 

Edited by Sista Snarky
  • Love 8

Ok seriously, weekly 2 hour episodes!? It would be one thing if the episodes contained more new info than can fit in a hour of tv... but not only are these freaking long, they are majority clip shows rehashing what just happened LAST MONTH. I think I'm going to tweet them "ohhhh I didn't know maddie and Mykelti are married, I hadn't heard anything about it in the media...congrats" that would drive them crazy that someone doesn't know...lol.

• Love 3

Victoria is starting on my pbs station tonight.  It's on as the same time as sister wives.  Count me out.  Besides, this sounds just too stupid even for this show.  I didn't think the bar could be any lower and once again tlc exceeded my expectations.

• Love 12
3 hours ago, AZChristian said:

The preview clip shows the question, "Who will be the next to marry?"  Tony replies, "Kody."

I have officially changed my opinion of Tony.  That took cojones.

Tony has grown on me.

• Love 21

I'm just glad we won't have to hear Christine whisper, "We're going to play a Brown family newlywed game", as if the Browns are so fucking special and created newlywed games. I'm sick of hearing them say, "Brown Family" everytime they do anything. Could you imagine? Our last name is Trent. I can't even fathom third personing everything we do. We're going to have a Trent family dinner. Let's go on a Trent family Starbucks run. Emily needs to take her car on a Trent family trip to jiffy lube. It gets on my damn nerves.

Edited by Nowhere
  • Love 23

And it's always Christine. I swear she worships Kody for real.

btw I don't know if they were third personing but I do know third personing isn't a word. I've stopped editing so much for y'all because it's been long enough and you should love and accept me by now lol.

• Love 15
11 minutes ago, Nowhere said:

I'm just glad we won't have to hear Christine whisper, "We're going to play a Brown family newlywed game", as of the Browns are so fucking special and created newlywed games. I'm sick of hearing them say, "Brown Family" everytime they do anything. Could you imagine? Our last name is Trent. I can't even fathom third personing everything we do. We're going to have a Trent family dinner. Let's go on a Trent family Starbucks run. Emily needs to take her car on a Trent family trip to jiffy lube. It gets on my damn nerves.

I think you mean a Brown fambly newlywed game. 

• Love 8

Kody's 78 years of marriage would be what most of us call cheating with a secret family like an asshole. But since it's all accepted, he gets credit for half assing his way through 20 years? I think not.

And here we go with Christine talking about polygamist games vs monogamous games. Jesus. Shut the fuck up christine. We get it. Polygamy is the shit and you're better than everyone else.

Edited by Nowhere
  • Love 18
6 minutes ago, Sista Snarky said:

This game is annoying enough. Meri has to be Debbie Downer with her lost "Lover" name. ?

I imagine she's going to watch that Lover flashback clip while listening to Q Lazzarus' 'Goodbye Horses' in the background.

Edited by CofCinci
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, toodles said:

Victoria is starting on my pbs station tonight.  It's on as the same time as sister wives.  Count me out.  Besides, this sounds just too stupid even for this show.  I didn't think the bar could be any lower and once again tlc exceeded my expectations.

Thank you for the reminder!! I've watched "the young Victoria" 14 times in the past week, looking forward to this PBS show! 

• Love 1

God, this is torture.  These are the kinds of details that only interest the actual subjects of the questions and maybe the most devoted family members.  I don't care that Kody calls Meri "lover" (HA), much less what FT thinks Mykelti's best physical feature is.

Again, what the hell is up with the eyebrows on some of these girls/women?  Mariah's are particularly bad.  They're the exact shade of her hair.  Ease up on that cinnamon brow pencil, girlfriend. 

Edited by SuzyLee
  • Love 8
4 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

Thank you for the reminder!! I've watched "the young Victoria" 14 times in the past week, looking forward to this PBS show! 

You're welcome.  If it's half as good as The Crown, I'll be happy.  Browns at the very bottom of my viewing list.

5 minutes ago, toodles said:

You're welcome.  If it's half as good as The Crown, I'll be happy.  Browns at the very bottom of my viewing list.

I've not watched SW in years, but it hasn't stopped me from enjoying and participating in the snark. 

• Love 8
26 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

I've not watched SW in years, but it hasn't stopped me from enjoying and participating in the snark.

And we enjoy your snark. I put the show on then I play online or do other things and I look up when I hear something snarkworthy. For me this isn't a show like 'Lost' or 'Mad Men' that I feel like I have to pay full attention to. 

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

And we enjoy your snark. I put the show on then I play online or do other things and I look up when I hear something snarkworthy. For me this isn't a show like 'Lost' or 'Mad Men' that I feel like I have to pay full attention to. 

I'm honored. Truly.

• Love 2

Could only take an hour of this crapfest. I'm  wondering why I continue to watch. I think I'm waiting for something to happen. I don't know what. It's crazy.

Robin has not aged well. That last pregnancy was not easy on her, plus the throwing up all the time. It's not just the aging. She is low energy and looks unwell to me. And she is kind of young for that double chin. She kind of looks like she has dental issues, misaligned jaw or something. 

I hope they've saved a lot of money because this show is on the ropes. And going to 2 hour episodes is hurting, not helping it. And I really don't care which kid gets married next. Now if Kody gets married,  I would hate watch the hell out of that!

• Love 11
10 minutes ago, Baby Button Eyes said:

I haven't read the thread yet to see if others are bugged by this but the second clip show episode tonight just seems like a clip show of "how many times has Robyn cried" in 6 years of filming. Wow, this is getting on my nerves!

Haha! If I knew that we were going to have a "How many times has Robyn cried..." clip show, I would have organized a drinking game! We'd take a shot with every clip of Robyn "Sobyn!" ?

• Love 1