Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E03: Fire Up That Chopper

The MMA fighter guy explaining that he's going to "take them all out" on his way to final 2, feels like he got lost on the way to Survivor. That's...not really how this show works...?

She hasn't committed any fireable offenses yet, but I hope Brooke Burke goes soon. Her ducking out of the Project Manager job every time, and then tee-heeing about it in confessionals is getting on my nerves.

When Snooki said that she wanted to prove to people she was more than just Snooki, I had a feeling she was a goner. Sorry, Nicole -- but I think the show wanted Snooki.

• Love 7

Eric Dickerson better thank his lucky stars that he's a talented athlete - he's got zilch else going for him, that's for sure. Wonder what his charity will think about him basically giving up on them?

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Eolivet said:

She hasn't committed any fireable offenses yet, but I hope Brooke Burke goes soon. Her ducking out of the Project Manager job every time, and then tee-heeing about it in confessionals is getting on my nerves.

Completely agree on Brooke Burke. I feel like she's coasting by and enjoying it so I'm interested to see how she'll do when she steps up as Project Manager.

I also am not liking Lisa because she doesn't seem like a team player to me. She's always ready to throw people under the bus and pats herself on the back concerning her directing skills when she's messed that up twice already. I feel like she could've been eliminated tonight had Snooki joined Porscha in making a case against her, but Snooki simply wasn't cut out for this show and basically eliminated herself.

• Love 11

before CA, I never heard of Brooke Burke. I still don't know what kind of celebrity she is. But I keep thinking: "why the fuck did her parents give her such an unpleasant moniker?" It's so hard to say.

I really want to like all 9 feet of Lisa, but she seems unable to do the tasks that *she* volunteers for. I will miss Nicole & Lisa walking side-by-side. What great visuals.

• Love 6

It can not be said enough, Porsha talks too much.  Lisa can't direct or shoot video, Porsha can't edit.  I have no idea why Brooke is there or what purpose she has served.  I would love for them to switch the teams up a bit.  Some lucky men deserve to have Leslie on their team.

• Love 6

So the dead wood got eliminated this week, two players that didn't really give a crap about being on the show anyway.  Of the women left, Kyle, Lisa, Brooke, Laila and Porsha, I think it's going to come down to Laila and shockingly Porsha.  Kyle's idea bombed again this week, it wasn't executed at all well.  Lisa was supposed to be the director but completely walked away from the editing process which I'm pretty sure the director always has the final say on.  Brooke doesn't want to step up to project manager which is lame and her contributions have been sketch at best.  Laila is the only woman to have won a challenge so far and Porsha at least stepped up to be project manager on the first challenge, speaks up for herself in the boardroom and has ideas for the tasks.  I don't know what the hell Kyle was doing in the bathroom during the time leading up to the second viral video but she should have been on set doing the blocking and setting up the scenes.  She was supposed to be point on that video after all.  Instead it was Porsha trying to hash it out with Lisa and not getting very far.

The men are entertaining.  Boy George and Vince always seem to produce some good music for the challenge, Jon Lovitz is funny, intentionally or unintentionally, Carson is super entertaining and really puts his all into each challenge.  The Ninja guy, Matt, seems to know what he's doing as far as being a producer and i guess he really is a doctor and the MMA guy at least has a sense of humor.  Ricky Williams seems to be in it to win it. 

Between Porsha and Vince I'm on the edge of my seat as to who's gonna lose their shit first.

Carson blogs after each episode.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, zulualpha said:

Carson blogs after each episode

Thanks for that, he's my early favorite and has excelled so far. Can't wait to see him step up as manager.

Also that confirmed they do see the other team's presentations in the boardroom:

After seeing their showcase in the boardroom, I was impressed. Not wowed. But impressed.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, rhys said:

before CA, I never heard of Brooke Burke. I still don't know what kind of celebrity she is. But I keep thinking: "why the fuck did her parents give her such an unpleasant moniker?" It's so hard to say.

I really want to like all 9 feet of Lisa, but she seems unable to do the tasks that *she* volunteers for. I will miss Nicole & Lisa walking side-by-side. What great visuals.

I know a 4 day old baby named Brooke Brown. Poor kid. 

Something is amiss: it could be the editing. I got no sense of continuity, it was all over the place and not playing the videos in the board room is part of it.  

Carson is the stand out for me.  Love the guy. 

Arnold, have you ever tackled an athlete before?

Carson, not on a football field.  

I sense a team scramble next week.  Time for someone to knock the attitude out of Lisa.  She is anything but a team player and not the big deal she apparently thinks she is.  I don't know or care about who she is or what she has done.  Funny how that works.  

• Love 9
5 hours ago, zulualpha said:

So the dead wood got eliminated this week, two players that didn't really give a crap about being on the show anyway.  Of the women left, Kyle, Lisa, Brooke, Laila and Porsha, I think it's going to come down to Laila and shockingly Porsha.  Kyle's idea bombed again this week, it wasn't executed at all well.  Lisa was supposed to be the director but completely walked away from the editing process which I'm pretty sure the director always has the final say on.  Brooke doesn't want to step up to project manager which is lame and her contributions have been sketch at best.  Laila is the only woman to have won a challenge so far and Porsha at least stepped up to be project manager on the first challenge, speaks up for herself in the boardroom and has ideas for the tasks.  I don't know what the hell Kyle was doing in the bathroom during the time leading up to the second viral video but she should have been on set doing the blocking and setting up the scenes.  She was supposed to be point on that video after all.  Instead it was Porsha trying to hash it out with Lisa and not getting very far.

The men are entertaining.  Boy George and Vince always seem to produce some good music for the challenge, Jon Lovitz is funny, intentionally or unintentionally, Carson is super entertaining and really puts his all into each challenge.  The Ninja guy, Matt, seems to know what he's doing as far as being a producer and i guess he really is a doctor and the MMA guy at least has a sense of humor.  Ricky Williams seems to be in it to win it. 

Between Porsha and Vince I'm on the edge of my seat as to who's gonna lose their shit first.

I am guessing Laila and Kyle go quite far.  Porsha is dumb and won't shut up and she will shoot herself in the foot.  Brooke could be one of those sleeper contestants but at some point she needs to engage.  Does Lisa ever have an idea? 

I agree about the men's team, a lot of talent, all the way around.  The can send home the MMA guy-there is just too much ego.

• Love 2

A number of people commented last week that they liked the show better when both hours focused on one challenge, not two.  I agree.  I feel like it's choppy and we're missing things. My guess is that they are making an effort to "de-Trump" the show, but that format worked.   For instance - I miss the teams seeing  each other's presentations in the board room.   And maybe it's experience (having done the show for many seasons) but I miss Don Jr and Ivanka.  

And when the two hours focus on one challenge only, the viewers get a better sense of who is contributing and who is not.

• Love 11
9 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Who would have guessed that Snooki is a genuinely nice woman?

Right.  I saw her on some show talking about Flipping houses.  She talked about still being viewed  by some people  like she's  still on jersey shore. It was interesting. She said,  she has just grown up.  I got that.  Most of us aren't the same at 30 that we were at 21.

I had to laugh at that MMA guy.  He acted like Ricky was plotting against him,  Ricky looked  surprised,  which cracked me up. 

Some of those men are big divas. 

Love Carson!! 

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, mwell345 said:

A number of people commented last week that they liked the show better when both hours focused on one challenge, not two.  I agree.  I feel like it's choppy and we're missing things. My guess is that they are making an effort to "de-Trump" the show, but that format worked.   For instance - I miss the teams seeing  each other's presentations in the board room.   And maybe it's experience (having done the show for many seasons) but I miss Don Jr and Ivanka.  

And when the two hours focus on one challenge only, the viewers get a better sense of who is contributing and who is not.

I agree. One task per show.  I miss Don and Ivanka, too. I would like to believe their father horrifies them as much as he does many of us but I doubt it. 

Carson's blog is very witty and may turn out to be the highlight of the show for me unless they tighten it up.

Arnold was very sweet and kind to Nicole. I liked that.  He is still a pig though. 

Edited by wings707
  • Love 7

On the women's team, the only plausible person I can wholeheartedly root for is Laila. Kyle is doing well, but she'll probably be outlasted by Porsha.

On the men's team, Carson all the way for me. I actually like Jon, and feel like I know where he's coming from. Vince can go any time, and Chael went from not saying a word the previous two eps to not shutting up in this one. I figured Eric was toast as soon as he said the only thing he needed to do was put grape juice under the chairs. The men overall have a deeper bench than the women, it's almost not even fair at this point.

Nicole was a mercy termination. And Arnold was very kind to her.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, mwell345 said:

Most of last season aired two challenges-there were only nine air dates and 14 challenges.  One of the challenges Trump eliminated three, so I am expecting the same format this year. 

I do think the conception has taken on a bigger role than the execution, which would be more clearly defined if the challenge was the full two hours.

13 minutes ago, Ananayel said:

On the women's team, the only plausible person I can wholeheartedly root for is Laila. Kyle is doing well, but she'll probably be outlasted by Porsha.

On the men's team, Carson all the way for me. I actually like Jon, and feel like I know where he's coming from. Vince can go any time, and Chael went from not saying a word the previous two eps to not shutting up in this one. I figured Eric was toast as soon as he said the only thing he needed to do was put grape juice under the chairs. The men overall have a deeper bench than the women, it's almost not even fair at this point.

Nicole was a mercy termination. And Arnold was very kind to her.

I think if they have a raising money for charity challenge Kyle will smoke Porsha and quite frankly the rest of the women.  First, I guess you have to get to the charity challenge. 

The men's bench is deep but there will come a time when there is a redistribution-I would hope. 

Nicole's reasons for being on the show were pretty self involved.  I am guessing some of the reality TV only stars have a hard time with the concept of scripting and cohesion.  Arnold was kind to her.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, imjagain said:
12 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Right.  I saw her on some show talking about Flipping houses.  She talked about still being viewed  by some people  like she's  still on jersey shore. It was interesting. She said,  she has just grown up.  I got that.  Most of us aren't the same at 30 that we were at 21.

Years ago when my niece introduced me to (made me watch) Jersey Shore I really disliked all of the cast and I resented that I could never get that hour of my life back.  However, I have recently seen interviews with Nicole (the girl formally known as Snookie) and was pleased to see she survived her turbulent twenties and has matured into a wonderful woman.  Watching her on CA I have grown to like her.  She did break down last night not because she was being weak but because she is a genuinely nice person and did not have it in her to go in for the kill just to win a game.  I am sure she is strong enough to fight for herself and her family when it really matters.  She seems to have the wisdom and maturity to pick her battles in life.  Nicole should be proud of herself.  She was able to walk away with her dignity and self respect in tact.  

• Love 10

I think if they have a raising money for charity challenge Kyle will smoke Porsha and quite frankly the rest of the women.  First, I guess you have to get to the charity challenge. 

Kyle can call LVP for starters.  I guess Porsche can call......Nene.

Yeah, Kyle would definitely come out ahead on that one.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, mwell345 said:

A number of people commented last week that they liked the show better when both hours focused on one challenge, not two.  I agree.  I feel like it's choppy and we're missing things. My guess is that they are making an effort to "de-Trump" the show, but that format worked. 

It probably has more to do with what sort of sponsorship deals they were able to make. Welch's pretty much bought out the first hour, with them dominating the commercial breaks too (although they should have come up with more ads to rotate through). I doubt they would have made a similar deal for two hours. I would have liked a better explanation of how the guys lost that task, but I think the fault lies in the editing or a failure to shoot the right footage to begin with. The show has a long history of feeding contestants things to say so that the producers can assemble a cohesive story.

• Love 3

I think they're doing the compressed version of the challenges, having two shows in the two hours instead of just one, is probably because the network wasn't sure how this show would go down with viewers with Arnold and not Trump.  

• Love 4

Her nick name on TWoP when she was on Dancing with the Stars was Bwak Bwak for a reason.

I can see him winning this. 

Agreed with the 2 hour format needs one item, not two.  There is a LOT of background detail we're clearly missing out when it's that condensed.

It's sort of how I feel about Paris Hilton now compared to 15 years ago: "hated her" back then but can see they grew up and matured.  I'm still not a fan but at least I can tell she IS trying.

• Love 1

Arnold seemed a little more at ease in these most recent episodes.  I liked when he asked Jon if a laugh-track would have made his comedy set funnier, and Jon said it would be the same as asking if acting lessons would have helped Arnold's movies.  Both seemed to get a good laugh out of that, as did I.

I also prefer the 2 hour single project episodes to what we have now.  They did this same thing last time (the last of the Trump seasons) because they thought this show was played out.  NBC was surprised when the ratings bounced up from their expectations.  It looks like they're doing the same thing this season, just in case the new host doesn't work out.  I guess they want the show on and off quickly, just in case.  personally, I think that harms the show.  I don't know who many of these "celebrities" are, so I'd like more time to get to know them and see how they operate.

• Love 8

I love that Jon takes his dog, Jerry, with him everywhere he goes.  On the first episode Carson was holding Jerry for him when he was on stage. 

OT but tangent.  Carson had just been filming Queer Eye in NYC and emerged from an apt building just as a friend of mine, her 2 granddaughters and their dog were walking by.  The girls yelled, hi Carson! very excited to see him.  He was surprised and thrilled that they were fans at their age (11 and 13 ish).  He stopped and talked with them and went on his knees to greet the dog.  He talked to them for awhile asking them their favorite parts and being chatty; they filled him in on everything they liked! They even remembered witty lines from the show.  

I would love to see him win and he may. 

Edited by wings707
  • Love 18

Good-bye, Snooki Nicole! You were fun while it lasted!

rhys:

But if you say it 10 times, you'll make an awesome chicken sound!  "Brooke Burke, Brooke Burke, ....."!

I laughed at the men's tackle video and the women's double-dipping one; nonetheless, is slapstick as good as it gets? (P.S. Hawaiian, just say "No" to the BBQ sauce idea. It's a too-crowded field; stick to your strength. Courtesy of "Supermarket Superstar." :-))

I will be sad when Carson and/or Boy George leaves. However, Ms. Ali cannot leave soon enough for me!

ETA: zulualpha,

Thank you!

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Love 4
19 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

She did a cameo on an episode of Supernatural and in the commentary for the episode the writers or directors commenting said they were surprised by how tiny she is and how professional she is.

• Love 2
19 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

I watched her and her husband, with kids in background, flipping houses.  I really liked the show and it changed my opinion of her.  I think she met her husband on Jersey Shore.  

The MMA guy is just out there.  Chop everyone's head?  Ha ha ha.

I liked the speech Arnold gave the guy that was let go.  If you aren't going to fight for your charity, people who really need the money, then you should go.  

• Love 4
6 hours ago, mwell345 said:

Kyle can call LVP for starters.  I guess Porsche can call......Nene.

Yes, LVP will be very generous.  I don't think Porsche will get much out of any of the Atlanta Howives unless it's Cynthia.  Don't think Kandi would be too generous.  Phaedra maybe.  Sheree has no money.  Kenya I doubt would be generous. Nene may say she's rich, bitch, but I bet not generous.

I have been surprised as now well Porsche has done on this show.  Especially since she is as dumb as a box of rocks.

• Love 5

In a convoluted kind of way, Porsche reminds me of Sherri Shephard in that neither seems too bright, both have done despicable things in their personal lives, but they both can bring it when necessary.  

• Love 4
6 hours ago, wings707 said:

Arnold should aim for a softer hair color with no red in it.  I wonder if that will change now that he sees how it looks on TV.

If this season is like prior ones, that can only be at the live finale. All of the other filming is long done.

2 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

mwell345:

Ha! Kyle Richards can call on more than that! "Nicky and Paris Hilton are her half-nieces." (Her half-sister Kathy is married to a Hilton.) (Wikipedia)

Adrienne Maloof and Camille Grammer are her good friends, her husband owns is the #1 Realtor in California, pockets are deep.  Her charity is LA Childrens' Hospital and a few years ago she had a fashion show, donated at the $100k level and the event was hosted by Jamie Lee Curtis.  She has pretty deep pockets.

• Love 4

Her nick name on TWoP when she was on Dancing with the Stars was Bwak Bwak for a reason.

It goes back even farther than that--I believe Bwak Bwak started when she was hosting Rock Star: INXS, which was created by... Mark Burnett. It's all so circular, isn't it? ;)

• Love 3
7 hours ago, wings707 said:

I love that Jon takes his dog, Jerry, with him everywhere he goes.  On the first episode Carson was holding Jerry for him when he was on stage. 

Just last month Jon and Jerry were flying on my hubby's flight to Lexington, KY. He said Jerry is an "emotional support" dog so he sat in Jon's lap and did not have to ride in a carrier.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, mtlchick said:

It's sort of how I feel about Paris Hilton now compared to 15 years ago: "hated her" back then but can see they grew up and matured. 

Paris Hilton was on something?  A show, I mean?

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, MarkHB said:

Paris Hilton was on something?  A show, I mean?

She was on a reality show with Nicole Richey (talk about someone who has grown up!) for a couple of seasons.  A Simple Life, maybe?

• Love 3

The Simple Life, where she and Nicole lived with a family on a farm.  Hilarity didn't ensue.  Also guest starring was closet organizer and Paris' one time assistant, Kim Kar---the last name escapes me. (heh.) 

• Love 3
32 minutes ago, Katmai said:

Just last month Jon and Jerry were flying on my hubby's flight to Lexington, KY. He said Jerry is an "emotional support" dog so he sat in Jon's lap and did not have to ride in a carrier.

Support dogs do not.  They have privilege. 

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, mtlchick said:

The Simple Life, where she and Nicole lived with a family on a farm.  Hilarity didn't ensue.  Also guest starring was closet organizer and Paris' one time assistant, Kim Kar---the last name escapes me. (heh.) 

This is completely OT so I'll apologize in advance, but, my mother, who had to have been in her 80s at the time, just loved this stupid, nonsensical show.  She loved Nicole and thought she was hysterical.  It makes me laugh now remembering how this was must see tv for her and it was so bad.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, wings707 said:

Arnold should aim for a softer hair color with no red in it.  I wonder if that will change now that he sees how it looks on TV. 

Red? On my TV it's green. Awful. Hi nephew resembles him a !of in voice & mannerisms.

4 hours ago, Katmai said:

Emotional support?  For what?  Before you know it, everyone will be carrying a "support" animal.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Katmai said:

I wondered if this was the case based on the harness the dog wears.

On January 10, 2017 at 0:21 AM, rhys said:

Brooke used to co-host Dancing with the Stars with Tom Bergeron. I think she was also a contestant on it before co-hosting it.

• Love 1
On January 10, 2017 at 6:38 AM, wings707 said:

Something is amiss: it could be the editing. I got no sense of continuity, it was all over the place and not playing the videos in the board room is part of it.  

Arnold, have you ever tackled an athlete before?

Carson, not on a football field.  

I sense a team scramble next week.  Time for someone to knock the attitude out of Lisa.  She is anything but a team player and not the big deal she apparently thinks she is.  I don't know or care about who she is or what she has done.  Funny how that works.  

Lisa's a 4-time Olympic Gold Medalist in Women's Basketball (Atlanta, Sydney, Athens & Beijing games)  & she played for the WNBA's Los Angeles Sparks from 1997-2009, where she played on 2 championship teams & was also a 2-time MVP & an 8-time All-Star, among other awards.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lisa_Leslie

• Love 3

It's never a good idea, in a high stakes game like this, to let somebody "try out new skills." Snooki should never have let Lisa "dabble" at being the director/videographer. She's already screwed up the camera work in a previous task. But then, as we saw, Snooki is no manager/leader.

I don't know what Brooke's purpose is, but if she doesn't start shining, Awh-nold is going to come down on her hard.

So far, I like Matt, Carson and Laila.  I've seen Laila on several cooking competitions and I like that she is calm, focused and confident. However, she could certainly lighten up some in the humor department.

I don't like MMA guy, Porsha, Vince or Jon.  (Boy George is rapidly losing any appeal he held for me going in.)  Every time I've watched this show, the comedians are hands-down, the most difficult and usually end up going out very early. (I guess the exception was Joan Rivers who won the whole cigar several years ago.)

• Love 1