Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E05: Amnesia Appetizers

• Start Topic

So far I seem to be in the minority here, but I like Dorit. PK seems a little slimey, but I think Dorit is the prettiest of the Housewives and her ditziness is kind of cute/funny. I'm sure she is a lot more savvy then she is letting on, but her "I don't remember." discussion with Eileen didn't bother me. What did bother me was Lisa R opening her big, flapping lips and talking about the deaths in Eileen's family, yet then blaming Dorit and PK for stating an opinion. If Lisa R wanted to talk about her own experiences, that's fine. She was there to participate in a discussion if Dorit or PK said anything. Eileen wasn't, and it wasn't Lisa R's place to share someone else's personal information. It also bothers me that Lisa R thinks she should be allowed to say whatever she wants, whenever and where ever she wants, but no one else is allowed to have an opinion, especially if it disagrees with Lisa R's. Honey, your 15 minutes were over 34 years, 23 hours, and 45 minutes ago.

I wasn't impressed with Eden, especially when she approved of Lisa R's hair, which disappointed me. I will wait to make a final judgement since having read about her, she is a straight shooter, and it will be interesting to see her interact with some uppity housewives. 

I think Kyle looks prettier than she has in a long time, save for that reunion where she work a red dress and red lipstick. I want to like her, but something just won't let me. To me she comes across as very needy, and wanting to be considered relevant and important (casting a show, 6 stores) when in reality you rarely if ever hear about her or any of these things.

I like Lisa VDP but she needs a makeover. She's looking a little(?) haggard.

I actually like Erika, at least most of the time, and in one sense she needs a make under but at least she owns her over the top persona. As for her "career" I agree with Dorit; hobby.

Eileen is an "Eyeore"; she's never happy. She's a tad bit delusional (Vinny was never a top ranked tennis player), and Vinny needs to take a bath, or at least be power washed.

It doesn't make a difference to me if Camille is on or not, but her house was pretty.

• Love 9
20 minutes ago, Giselle said:

Why the hell do we not have Camile and her house instead of Eileen's yammering?

I guess Vinny learned early on. Repeat back what Eileen says as if in agreement even if you're not otherwise she won't  ever shut the fuck up. Did her family die off due to exhaustion from either listening to her harp and babble on and on in circles or from the stress of her demanding constant appropriate apologies for perceived slights. At least they are at peace now though I wouldn't put it past Eileen to have a séance to continue badgering them. Good God give it a rest.

2.0 I'm done with her.

G - you just gave me a major flashback to the final Brenda & Billy scene on Six Feet Under.  HEE!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, TattleTeeny said:

I swear I heard someone say it on last night's episode. Maybe it was in a confessional--I don't recall.

You heard it and I was stunned. No one ever says reunion when rehashing what happened at the reunion. 

Eileen is the one who said it when talking to Vince. Lisar is the one who said something like "when we got together for that very tense meeting" or something like that. I guess that Eileen isn't offended by that word after all. 

• Love 6
44 minutes ago, Giselle said:

Why the hell do we not have Camile and her house instead of Eileen's yammering?

I guess Vinny learned early on. Repeat back what Eileen says as if in agreement even if you're not otherwise she won't  ever shut the fuck up. Did her family die off due to exhaustion from either listening to her harp and babble on and on in circles or from the stress of her demanding constant appropriate apologies for perceived slights. At least they are at peace now though I wouldn't put it past Eileen to have a séance to continue badgering them. Good God give it a rest.

2.0 I'm done with her.

Seriously, I don't even like the Dorit but I liked her succinct recap of what Eileen wanted her to get out of the conversation because Eileen was long and rambling.

Also, Eileen and Rinna the reason Dorit and PK might associate the deaths in your family with your fight with LVP is because you have both mentioned the deaths when talking about your fights with LVP.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 18
15 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

G - you just gave me a major flashback to the final Brenda & Billy scene on Six Feet Under.  HEE!

Oh god yes, Eileen is Billy!

Six Feet Under, Season 5,Episode 12. My all time favorite episode ever for a series. Loved, loved, loved the way it ended.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Giselle said:

Oh god yes, Eileen is Billy!

Six Feet Under, Season 5,Episode 12. My all time favorite episode ever for a series. Loved, loved, loved the way it ended.

And we're all Brenda.  Death is the only escape.  :-)

And ITA.  Best episode & series finale, ever.  My love will never die.

• Love 4

Camille is so awkward. It's just painful watching her because she seems so uncomfortable all the time. Eden has the same face as Sandra bullock, especially the eyes and  mouth.  Lisa Rinna's hair is horrible, but she seems to take whatever look gets her attention so it's huge lips and feathered hair. 

Dorit is ridiculously jealous of Erika and Elieen. 

Edited by bravofan27
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, bravofan27 said:

Camille is so awkward. It's just painful watching her because she seems so uncomfortable all the time. Eden has the same face as Sandra bullock, especially the eyes and  mouth.  Lisa Rinna's hair is horrible, but she seems to take whatever look gets her attention so it's huge lips and feathered hair. 

I fear the lips will get bigger and the hair wilder all because Rinna got validation. She looks like a freak. 

• Love 6

Loved the scene with Kyle and Mauricio!  VERY real!!! 

Eden looks like Sandra Bullock.

I just need to say again how unpleasant Dorit is.  She really isn't enjoyable at all to be around from the social interactions we've seen and I really don't want her on my TV. 

• Love 5
23 hours ago, ihartcoffee said:

She's seriously pissed PK enjoyed that view.  Lol

Funny how all of a sudden Dorit wears a mini dress to their next affair and seems to be bending over every chance she gets.  She finally got the, "Like the scenery" bullshit compliment from P(u)K(e) she was fishing for.  This woman is sooooo jealous of Erika.  She doesn't even realize how transparent she is.  And she knew damned well what Eileen was talking about.  She remembered every word of that conversation.  She was just being an asshole.  And honey, Boy George was relevant over 30 years ago.  The fact that he's mooching off of you and your husband isn't anything to brag about.

• Love 21
23 hours ago, WireWrap said:

But this is what Rinna does, she throws out these comments without connection/full explanation then gets mad when others react to her misinformation.

Just watch, before the season is over Rinna will be saying that Lisa Vanderpump MADE her talk about Eileen's situation and tried to bring Kyle in on it.  For someone who's always telling everyone to "own it", she sure doesn't "own" her own shit.

• Love 14

Except for exposure (no pun intended), I can't figure out why Erika is even on this show.  Clearly she hates most of the women, with the exception of Eileen, who seems to have some sort of crush on her.   She appears bored, like there is nothing that anybody in this group could possibly say to amuse her.   She isn't friendly, witty or even entertaining.   Unless one of her hired minions is complimenting her, or unquestionably agreeing with her, she is bored.  

Dorit could go at any time.   She's trying way too hard.  

Camille can just go .   She's like watching paint dry.

Lisa R - just STOP!!!  She agrees with whatever anybody says in the moment, is always a little too over enthusiastic over the smallest thing.  Then goes on her TH and finally has an opinion.  Ugh.

Eileen - Let it go!!!  If I were Vinnie, I'd be aiming that weighted ball at her head.   She's become a parody of her soap opera character.   No wonder Dorit felt a bit ambushed by their "meeting" in Malibu.   I did love how she, after Dorit said she didn't recall the conversation, kept going after it saying that's what she was told by LR.  Isn't that what got her into a snit last season - hearing things from Lisa R?   Unless you hear it for yourself, ignore it. 

As for the continuing pantygate scandal.   I live on a cul-de-sac, and for various reasons, I've been called to help three of the women, of a certain age,  on the hill who have had accidents (falls from ladders, trips, etc), and for whatever reason when I've had to go over to help they all seem to not be wearing underwear at the time.   I've gotten to see more of them more than I wanted to!   Come on ladies, let's keep things covered, you never know whats going to happen.   A few nights ago I had a really severe reaction to some new medication.   I had been in bed, in my jammies, for a few days.  Before I'd let my husband call 911, I made him go get me fresh undies, and some yoga pants.  If I was going to see fireman, doctors and ER people, I made damn sure things were in order ;-)

• Love 12
26 minutes ago, notnowimbusy said:

Except for exposure (no pun intended), I can't figure out why Erika is even on this show.  Clearly she hates most of the women, with the exception of Eileen, who seems to have some sort of crush on her.   She appears bored, like there is nothing that anybody in this group could possibly say to amuse her.   She isn't friendly, witty or even entertaining.   Unless one of her hired minions is complimenting her, or unquestionably agreeing with her, she is bored.  

Dorit could go at any time.   She's trying way too hard.  

Camille can just go .   She's like watching paint dry.

Lisa R - just STOP!!!  She agrees with whatever anybody says in the moment, is always a little too over enthusiastic over the smallest thing.  Then goes on her TH and finally has an opinion.  Ugh.

Eileen - Let it go!!!  If I were Vinnie, I'd be aiming that weighted ball at her head.   She's become a parody of her soap opera character.   No wonder Dorit felt a bit ambushed by their "meeting" in Malibu.   I did love how she, after Dorit said she didn't recall the conversation, kept going after it saying that's what she was told by LR.  Isn't that what got her into a snit last season - hearing things from Lisa R?   Unless you hear it for yourself, ignore it. 

As for the continuing pantygate scandal.   I live on a cul-de-sac, and for various reasons, I've been called to help three of the women, of a certain age,  on the hill who have had accidents (falls from ladders, trips, etc), and for whatever reason when I've had to go over to help they all seem to not be wearing underwear at the time.   I've gotten to see more of them more than I wanted to!   Come on ladies, let's keep things covered, you never know whats going to happen.   A few nights ago I had a really severe reaction to some new medication.   I had been in bed, in my jammies, for a few days.  Before I'd let my husband call 911, I made him go get me fresh undies, and some yoga pants.  If I was going to see fireman, doctors and ER people, I made damn sure things were in order ;-)

I hope you are feeling better. 

Let's talk Rinna, if she truly had an epiphany after her father died, (apparently it did not kick in until after the Reunion), and she values things being all peaceful and all about moving on, why is Bravo running a promo showing Rinna going after Kim Richards from something two years ago?  Does her Namaste only work when she is the aggressor and wants to be forgiven?  Same with Eileen, she is reluctant to talk about her mother's death for several months, but first question she asks Kyle when the group is assembled is about Kim?  Why does she care?

I agree about Rinna and all these miraculous conversations she reports back to Eileen.  No one agreed with Rinna's account of LVP saying Yolanda's illness was the storyline for last season.  The only one determined to pursue it was Rinna. 

I was so hoping Kim when confronted by Rinna was going to say, "I had an epiphany when Monty died and I just want to move forward.  All these things are just so petty."   

• Love 13
7 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

Does the Italian government really think it can enforce a speeding ticket from a year ago?  Does the US send year old speeding tickets to foreign countries?  Is it a money maker?  I guess it's worth a try.  Maybe it took the entire year to track Mauricio down.  They must have Inspector Javert in charge of that department.

Can't speak for Mauricio, but in my case, it took about 6 months for the ticket to catch up with me. By the time it did, the appeal window had closed. The damn thing was in Italian, regardless.

If I didn't pay it, they would have charged the credit card used to rent the car from Hertz. They had me one way or the other. I couldn't say, No I wasn't speeding. I honestly had no idea. 

Have you seen a Fiat Panda? It reminds me of the old Citroen Deux Chevaux. Tiny little car. I was surprised it could go fast enough to nail a speeding ticket.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, swankie said:

Funny how all of a sudden Dorit wears a mini dress to their next affair and seems to be bending over every chance she gets.  She finally got the, "Like the scenery" bullshit compliment from P(u)K(e) she was fishing for.  This woman is sooooo jealous of Erika.  She doesn't even realize how transparent she is.  And she knew damned well what Eileen was talking about.  She remembered every word of that conversation.  She was just being an asshole.  And honey, Boy George was relevant over 30 years ago.  The fact that he's mooching off of you and your husband isn't anything to brag about.

Thank you for coming up with my favorite nickname for that slimeball. We have a winner!

• Love 4
12 hours ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

Let's not forget that it was our resident troublemaker Lisa Rinna who once occupied Dorit's role two seasons ago as the ally brought on for LVP to recover from the "gang up" in Season 4. In fact, there were nearly identical scenes of LVP/Lisa Rinna and LVP/Dorit out shopping with LVP interviewing something to the effect of, "I've known Lisa/Dorit for years, friendship with Lisa/Dorit is easy, she knows how to laugh, doesn't take things too seriously and doesn't make things difficult like some other people who have victimized me..." So, my question is whether Dorit will make it two seasons into the show and, if she does, whether she will fall into the same pattern as Brandi, Yolanda, Lisa, Eileen and even Carlton (who has said that LVP dropped her like a hot potato once she was off the show) and start to become disillusioned with LVP.

Personally, I love that Dorit has "polarized" audiences and that LVP is seeing that her protective sheen has its obvious limits. You bet on the wrong horse, LVP.

I keep seeing people say this, do you remember where? On Brandy's podcast she was practically begging Carlton to say Lisa dropped her after the show and Carlton refused the bait and said Lisa is very busy but they have kept in touch here and there.. did she flip the script somewhere else?

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Inspectabecky said:

I keep seeing people say this, do you remember where? On Brandy's podcast she was practically begging Carlton to say Lisa dropped her after the show and Carlton refused the bait and said Lisa is very busy but they have kept in touch here and there.. did she flip the script somewhere else?

Like you, I haven't heard Lisa dropped Carlton. Lisa keeps in touch with most of the past HWs, even she/Adrienne made up. The only ones I think she doesn't keep in contact with are Pam/Dana, Marisa, Brandi and Yolanda.

• Love 5

I don't think Eileen has some sort of problem using the word 'reunion'.  Production does.  And I guess it came up so many times they let the woman use that 'word'.  As far as I can remember, the word isn't normally used when someone refers back to the 'reunion'.

Let's not forget that Erika also was going back to 'pantygate' with her paid friend aka production person or whatever he is.  And let's not forget about the designer name dropping....because Erika (Jane) does that.  As for that scene, yep, Erika doesn't like women.  Women are competition.  Erika (Jane) doesn't like competition so she has 'gay' friends

I think Eileen had a good point in confronting Dorit's comments regarding the death of her mother.  What the problem was that Eileen never expected Dorit to somehow forget about it.  Neither did I quite honestly.  She was flabbergasted.  I would be too.

I don't know if I would say that LR's hair is 'iconic' but it works for her.  I give her credit for not being just another bleached blond (or curly dark) with long hair.  Think about it.  How many of these housewives on all the franchises have it?  I also give credit to Luann for her hair style.  She did grow it out a bit a few years ago.  Not working.  She went back.  Ro went for a bob a few seasons back and she looked great.  Did it last?  Nope.  She went back to the long.  So many of these women are lost in a time warp.  Talking to you too, LVP.  At least Kyle did finally cut her hair this year.  Gorgeous hair but it was time.  I'm not so sure about the brown highlights but I give her credit for switching it up.  Even Eileen switched it up with the bangs last season or maybe the season before.  I can handle Eileen's hair because the woman looks great.  Oh  heck, I'll even give Yo credit for cutting her hair.  It's hard to do given how I can't stand her.  I'll go one step further and say that I even give Bethenny credit for cutting off those dated curly locks.  The bangs were horrible after the bob (maybe it was a wig).   OK.  Women sometimes get stuck in a time warp of thinking that if they wear their hair when they were at the time they thought they were the most attractive, it will still work.   Nope.  You're not in that time anymore and you just look dated.  I'm looking at you Erika.   

Edited by breezy424
  • Love 12

I think Erika is gorgeous! Can see why she's not everyone's cup of tea, but I love her look. (That's all the in-depth commentary that this episode deserved.) Enjoyed seeing Camille for whatever reason.

• Love 6
On 1/3/2017 at 8:27 PM, izabella said:

At first glance, I thought it was Yo.  Ratty, badly bleached blonde hair pulled into a small pony tail in the back, white clothes, eternally somber. 

I actually thought in her TH's she resembled Sandra Bullock (when Sandy was blond)

• Love 1

Eileen just needs to get over herself.  Her big issue seems to be that she doesn't understand that the entire world doesn't think the same way she does, and they won't.  If you disagree with her, instead of her being able to say, this is what I think and then you saying, oh, this is what I think and then you both being able to move on, she will not let it go.  EVER.  This is the problem with LVP, she doesn't like what LVP said, so she spoke up.  LVP said she didn't mean to offend and apologized.  Eileen isn't satisfied that LVP doesn't see the great wounding that she (LVP) caused her (Eileen), and therefore, she can't let the topic drop until LVP miraculously sees it Eileen's way and somehow offers restitution.  Thing is, LVP didn't mean to offend, and has apologized, so she doesn't see why it's now still a huge thing, because she explained where she was coming from and apologized.  She isn't going to see Eileen's side (not to mention, Eileen isn't seeing LVP's), and, she doesn't really need to.  But, Eileen NEEDS the world to see her side to move the fuck forward.  And that's where she now is with Dorit.  Until Dorit is in agreement with Eileen that, yes, this is what happened, and you are right to feel that way, it will keep coming up.

Dorit is annoying and so is her husband.  I don't really like either of them at all.  I liked Boy George back in the day.  I was about 6 when he was a big deal, and I have fond memories of Karma Chameleon, but, I don't really think about him all that much anymore.  

I like LVP, she's fun, and she was fun in this episode.

I am not a Kyle fan, as a rule, but I do like her girls.  She's done a great job with her family.  I think she's getting a bit Hailey Rey in her storyline, in that she loves to spend the money that Mauricio makes, she won't turn down the private planes, yachts, new cars, etc, but then she wants to complain about the missed "family time"  It doesn't work that way, though, especially in a commission only business.  It does seem that Mauricio has a pretty clear plan, where he's going super hard to build an empire, so that he can step back and not have to be hands on selling in the next 5 or so years, and I would think Kyle would be onboard and supportive of that.  

Lisa Rinna used to be really pretty back before she started messing with her lips.  

• Love 9

I agree with those that say the new chick looks like Sandra Bullock.  That was my first thought when I saw her.  I was in the middle of a Candy Crush game when she came on so I wasn't paying attention but when I looked up I was like.....what??  It took me a few seconds to realize it wasn't Sandra.

The best parts of the episode for me was Kyle, Kyle and Lisa (those two are a riot together), and Camille and those are the three originals so what does that say?  Bring back more of the original cast and get rid of these other morons!!

I don't mind Dorit.  I kinda like her.  I think it's because she doesn't like Erika and neither do I.  Shallow I know, but that's how I do my housewives.  If one doesn't like someone I don't like, I root for them, lol.  Erika is just a blob on a fence.  No personality whatsoever. Does she even know how to smile?  Is it too much botox?  She thinks she's a dancer.  Ha!  Did you see the difference between her and Camille's bodies when they were standing next to each other?  Erika looked HUGE next to Camille.  Camille is a real dancer and has the knockout body to prove it.  So happy to see her!!

• Love 9
10 hours ago, Giselle said:

I fear the lips will get bigger and the hair wilder all because Rinna got validation. She looks like a freak. 

I wish Lisa R would wear less revealing blouses on her TH's.  Because of her Twiggy-like skeleton frame, her boobs look like oranges or tennis balls just hanging there.  Not very attractive in my opinion.  

Speaking of boobs, there's something off with Dorit's.  (I think someone brought this up last week.)  It's hard to describe--she has the usual "line"(don't know what else to call it)  between her boobs but there is also a curved "line" at the top of her right boob.  Didn't the surgeon or nurse notice this when the surgery was done?  Maybe it has to do with how the implant hangs.  My friend worked at a plastic surgery center & also had her boobs done. She said during the surgery they sit you up to see how the implants look & to make adjustments.  Maybe Dorit missed that part.  

I can't believe I'm commenting on another woman's boobs.  It just drives me nuts each week. 

17 hours ago, dosodog said:

I am going to try that whole "I have no idea what you are talking about " the next time someone tries to get me into a conversation I don't want to be a ppart of. If for no other reason than to see the look of confusion on the other person's face.

Sort of like the look I had when Eileen proclaimed herself to be so very blunt. No.  You are not blunt.  You speak in circles, over use therapy buzzwords and ramble on forever, so that when you do get to the point, no one remembers or cares anymore.

100% correct.   Also, I am fine with Eileen choosing to not share her mother's death with the others before the reunion.  However, she can't now say that she did it and pre-judge how they would react.  She only has the right to say "I was not ready to share it then".   She is trying to have it both ways and make LVP the villain any way she can, IMHO.    I'm having trouble articulating what I mean, but Eileen does this often.   She mentions she fell in love with Vinny when they were both married and then gets upset (maybe justifiably)with LVP for bringing it up on camera.  Then Eileen perpetuates it as story line for a solid season and blames LVP!   Now, Eileen starts this season (and maybe last) with scenes about the loss of a family member and makes that her main story line.   Then she is OUTRAGED that someone comments on it.   And, it was her ride-or-die Rinna that brings it up!  

I am not a fan of Dorito and PK, but I got the impression that both were making that fake "oh really?" deep discussion talk folks make at dinners when they do not give a fuck.   Especially Dorito.   She was halfway listening and maybe she really does not remember because it was a big dinner party at her house.   I am rambling.   I am totally doing the "don't remember" next time I'm in a dicey sitch.  

Edited by SuzWhat
  • Love 12

Women sometimes get stuck in a time warp of thinking that if they wear their hair when they were at the time they thought they were the most attractive, it will still work.   Nope. You're not in that time anymore and you just look dated. 

Well, not flat-out "nope"--sometimes it does, just because it does. For instance, my hair is way too high-maintenance to be kept short, so there's no way I'll be ditching it simply because I have a few more years under my belt; haha, getting older is no time for putting more energy into keeping my hair docile! Plus, on the longer side is how it looks right--no "time warp" here and nothing looks dated. It's staying blond too--with some blue and purple when I get the urge--because my gray is unfortunately not the good kind that grows in a a cool way.

(Also, who cares if something looks "dated"? I am sitting here in a dress from the '70s as a type--what if "dated" is what you like?)

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 11
13 minutes ago, TattleTeeny said:

Well, not flat-out "nope"--sometimes it does, just because it does. For instance, my hair is way too high-maintenance to be kept short, so there's no way I'll be ditching it simply because I have a few more years under my belt; haha, getting older is no time for putting more energy into keeping my hair docile! Plus, on the longer side is how it looks right. It's staying blond too--with some blue and purple when I get the urge--because my gray is unfortunately not the good kind that grows in a a cool way.

I'm with you @TattleTeeny.    Rinna's hair looks OK from the front.   From the back is another story though.  She bent over or something in one scene and I was like "yikes".    I think it flatters her face and don't mind that she's kept the same style, as I'm kinda doing it too (keeping same style that works for my hair) as I edge all the way over the hill and into my advanced decrepitude.  

Edited by SuzWhat
  • Love 5

Personally, I do not like Rinna's hairstyle; I thought it made her look like a weird kind of teddy bear back on Melrose Place. But whatever--maybe she'd look good with something else, maybe she wouldn't. While I understand the notion that a certain style can age a person--meaning make her look older than she wants to or "should," I just don't get the "rule" that women are obligated to change superficial shit based on how long they've had it or, worse, how many birthdays they've had. 

• Love 8

I really really adore Kyle and Mauricio's relationship. Unlike many reality tv relationships, their marriage seems genuine and they really do love each other. I'm curious whether they ever fight or if they're just smart enough to keep that shit for when the cameras aren't around.

Erika - I'm not bothered by her nor do I like her, but she is inconsistent with the way she speaks and approaches situations. She was unimpressed with Dorit giving the pantygate situation life because it was being talked about behind her back yet she gave it life when she took the conversation outside of that circle. Erika says she doesn't care, but she does - she told that story to her paid confidante because she knew he would validate her point of view and her feelings about the whole thing.

Dorit - Still don't know what to think about her. I don't mind her ditzy vibe but she walks the line of wanting to 'tell it like it is' with 'it's not a big deal darling I'm only having a bit of fun'. You're either taking it seriously or you're having a bit of fun - it can't be both. Don't know if I'm in the minority or not, but I actually believed Dorit's confusion when Eileen was talking to her about her dinner party conversation with LR. Given the way Dorit has been very vocal thus far, I can't think of an explanation of why she wouldn't have just explained herself or shared her point of view to Eileen if she did in fact remember the conversation.

LR - If you're that sensitive to people having an opinion about your experiences or sharing a different perspective, then keep your trap shut and don't talk about yourself and or anyone else for that matter. And why get so upset at people having an opinion about Eileen's situation when you're the one that brought it up?! I agree that people are allowed to grieve how they like but LR has no sense of real accountable nor does she think before she speaks. She is the one that talked about the issues with LVP and tied in the death of her dad and Eileen's mom. Understandable for someone to think that maybe the two matters were intertwined and affecting their behaviour. She is also the one that said that Eileen didn't share her mother's death with the group because she didn't want to take away from the reunion. I can see why Dorit and PK would think that's selfish. LR didn't present it as a decision that was done out of grief and shock, it was presented as decision that was made to shelter everyone else from Eileen's problem.

Eileen - I'm not still liking her so far this season. She's yet again hearing news from LR and confronting people based on this. At least this time Eileen's name was brought up but she got all of this information in a text. How long was that text? And why wouldn't you pick up the phone to have a real conversation with LR about what happened to get a better sense of the context and what was said? Eileen isn't afraid to broach issues she has and speak her peace, but she does have an issue with people not readily accepting her feelings and opinion as being the only way. Eileen told Dorit that if it wasn't important to her than she wouldn't have brought it up. Yet when Dorit brought up the conversation at Camille's house and was trying to explain the confusion, Eileen is mentioning in her TH that it wasn't that big of a deal. Well which is it? That was dismissive toward Dorit for having an opinion or feeling about their encounter but she feels completely justified in having an opinion or feeling about what said at a conversation she wasn't even present at. I liked that Dorit cut her off and asked if she can finish her thought. Eileen got offended without much thought to how her own behaviour came across that led to Dorit making that comment. It's going to be great irony to see her next week accuse Dorit of talking too much. LR and Eileen are two people that shouldn't ever accuse someone else of talking too much, lol.

LVP - She's minding her business right now...let's see how long before she gets roped into the storyline.

Based on next week's preview, I'm probably going to have a lot to say about LR.

• Love 8

Though Costco usually has Veuve for 30-40.

And an added bonus if you are at Costco you might see Kelly Dodd's husband wandering around because she left him there!

Not much to add that has not already been said, but I have Kyle's Hello Kitty toaster that is on her counter. Though to be fair hers is probably Portia's and not for a 30 year old me.

I actually do not mind Rinna's hair. It works for her. I am not a person that believes once women reach a certain age they have to chop off their hair. If it is healthy, fine. Though I do agree that some of these women could use an update or just do something different with their hair. I do like when the housewives just wear their hair in different styles. Just something different than down all the time. LVP looks great with her hair up, but she rarely wears it that way. 

I did not mind Eden. I did not really see enough of her to get much of an impression.

Also, I could care less is Rinna goes after Kim again. I cannot stand Kim, so I am automatically on Rinna's side with the Kim stuff.

• Love 8
48 minutes ago, TattleTeeny said:

Personally, I do not like Rinna's hairstyle; I thought it made her look like a weird kind of teddy bear back on Melrose Place. But whatever--maybe she'd look good with something else, maybe she wouldn't. While I understand the notion that a certain style can age a person--meaning make her look older than she wants to or "should," I just don't get the "rule" that women are obligated to change superficial shit based on how long they've had it or, worse, how many birthdays they've had. 

I think Rinna's hairstyle flatters her eyes and she has pretty eyes.  I do think there comes a time with age that many women suffer from thinning hair and it is difficult to maintain a long hairstyle.  Not everyone wants extensions. Many people the front and sides of their hair get finer with age so they are pretty much forced to cut their hair or wear a mullet.   So birthdays are part of the equation due to aging of hair and hair loss.  Rinna's hair will never look thin because of the cut.  We have seen a lot of ratty looking extensions on the show (Yolanda, Kim, Brandi) especially in the bleached blonde group.

• Love 7

I think that scene between Lisa and Kyle talking about whose husband they'd sleep with was one of the most genuine scenes of friendship I've ever seen on any housewife franchise. I don't often laugh out loud while watching the show, but Kyle's immediate "EW NO!" look when Lisa suggested Kelsey Grammar cracked me up so much that I rewound it twice.  

• Love 19
On 1/4/2017 at 11:07 AM, ivygirl said:

For me, Kyle is rare (perhaps even singular) among RH of all cities and seasons in that her storylines have *improved*, as has my opinion of her (I saw RHOBH starting season 2 so I didn't see Camille's bad behavior until later). She seems genuinely happy, her nuclear family life seems genuinely happy, and she's got an adorable potato-stealing dog. 

I like Kyle - I think she's the only housewife I could tolerate as a friend.  She seems fun and relatively harmless, she clearly loves her husband and her kids appear to be well-adjusted.  Plus I absolutely remember her and Kim as child actresses, which is what drew me to this franchise in the first place.

22 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

HA!  I paused it so I could see what's in her fridge.  For some reason that stuff fascinates me.

Same here, and I also try to notice what perfumes they own.

When I was listening to Mr. Mintz (? I think that's his name, I have no clue who he is) speak in metaphysical cloud-formations, I had to hand it to Lisar for not bursting out in laughter, as I would've done.  Clearly I would not last in BH, as it drives me insane when people who have just met speak to each other as if they intend to delve into the person's inner psyche.  I mean, sheesh - relax and have some more champagne, it's just a freaking dinner party.

Dorit and her wide-eyed innocent act with the blended accents drives me nuts, but she also cracks me up, as I knew someone like her in college...the girl who absolutely needed to be the center of attention with the women, acted the ditzy airhead around the boys, and spoke with a British accent even though she was from Michigan.

Vinnie always gives me a weird vibe when he's onscreen...like he knows he's playing a part and just wants to get the nonsense over with.  I almost feel like he speaks to Eileen in a degrading way whenever they have to make small talk regarding a particular plot point.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

Well, not flat-out "nope"--sometimes it does, just because it does. For instance, my hair is way too high-maintenance to be kept short, so there's no way I'll be ditching it simply because I have a few more years under my belt; haha, getting older is no time for putting more energy into keeping my hair docile! Plus, on the longer side is how it looks right--no "time warp" here and nothing looks dated. It's staying blond too--with some blue and purple when I get the urge--because my gray is unfortunately not the good kind that grows in a a cool way.

(Also, who cares if something looks "dated"? I am sitting here in a dress from the '70s as a type--what if "dated" is what you like?)

I did state 'sometimes'.  Eileen's hair is longer and like I said, it looks great.  Kyle's hair is longer (not as long as it was) and I think it looks great and better.

There's a difference between 'dated' and retro or vintage.  And yep, it's your choice.  We're just expressing opinions.  Isn't this what this is all about? :)

• Love 2

From this episode I think this will be the scene that keeps on giving:  http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills/season-7/episode-5/videos/it-was-pre-f-ed-up-days

I am thinking neither Kim or Kyle will really appreciate these assertions by Eden.  First off Robert Downey, Jr., started smoking pot before he was a teenager with his father.  Kim claims she never had her first "real drink" until she was 24 years old and Monty was on social media before he died reminiscing about the good old days on the set of "Tuff Turf".  I just wonder if Eden will have the moxie to repeat these assertions to Kim and/or Kyle.  Or maybe Rinna will just give her version of the conversation which guarantees conflict.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Barb23 said:

Speaking of boobs, there's something off with Dorit's.  (I think someone brought this up last week.)  It's hard to describe--she has the usual "line"(don't know what else to call it)  between her boobs but there is also a curved "line" at the top of her right boob.  Didn't the surgeon or nurse notice this when the surgery was done?  Maybe it has to do with how the implant hangs.  My friend worked at a plastic surgery center & also had her boobs done. She said during the surgery they sit you up to see how the implants look & to make adjustments.  Maybe Dorit missed that part.  

I can't believe I'm commenting on another woman's boobs.  It just drives me nuts each week. 

Saw this pic of Dorit last week, and there is definitely something strange going on with those boobs. 

Phoenix+Kemsley+Dorit+Kemsley+Enjoys+Day+Miami+O89Rneny_kHl.jpg

• Love 3
On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 8:15 AM, Cranky One said:

Bernice Bobs Her Hair!

HaHa! Maybe the boiled egg can manage Human League also!!

love love love that story!  in somewhat-related news, in the early 90s my SIL got her hair cut like Lisa R!  Then she got into a huge fight with her boyfriend b/c he said she looked like Blanche from the Golden Girls.  They're married now, & her hair's been long ever since.

• Love 6

I loved when Dorito said she didn't remember the conversation and then ED's look of shock. Sweetie your life is inconsequential. Your friend brought you up we talked about you then forgot about you. Sorry.

I commend Dorito, false accent and all, for putting succinctly in a couple of sentences what ED was tediously trying to say in paragraphs. The woman can't talk without a script apparently.  I enjoyed the raised eyebrow ED left us with when she realized Dorit called her on it. Delicious.

Your mom died, family died, too bad, so sad, quit being a nagging bitch. She reminds me a lot of Yolanda.  I don't think she knows the meaning and concept of apology, forgiveness and moving on. Let go or be dragged!

ED 2.0 The Rehash Season.

• Love 19

I did state 'sometimes'.  Eileen's hair is longer and like I said, it looks great.  Kyle's hair is longer (not as long as it was) and I think it looks great and better.

There's a difference between 'dated' and retro or vintage.  And yep, it's your choice.  We're just expressing opinions.  Isn't this what this is all about? :)

Most definitely--I didn't mean to sound snippy, I swear; I try to be concise (and fail!) and it probably sounds too curt without the benefit of inflection or facial expressions. I do feel though like "dated" implies somewhat of an attempt to be current but failing, as opposed to just preferring (if that makes sense). And, yeah, Eileen looks to me like someone on whom long hair is always going to work. And curse her for having what appears to be controllable hair!

• Love 2
23 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

I am not a drinker but would like to try some expensive champagne once (MAYBE I drink 1-2 times per year).  Is this stuff any good?  Almost bought some at Xmas but passed.  How I got to be this age and not tried the good stuff is beyond me.

Mister & I get a bottle of Veuve (approx. $50) every New Year's.  We toast on New Year's Eve & finish it w/our mimosas in the morning...it has less of a bite than the Barefoot Dry ($11.99) I usually drink.  I really look forward to it;  it's a nice splurge and tradition.

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

From this episode I think this will be the scene that keeps on giving:  http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills/season-7/episode-5/videos/it-was-pre-f-ed-up-days

I am thinking neither Kim or Kyle will really appreciate these assertions by Eden.  First off Robert Downey, Jr., started smoking pot before he was a teenager with his father.  Kim claims she never had her first "real drink" until she was 24 years old and Monty was on social media before he died reminiscing about the good old days on the set of "Tuff Turf".  I just wonder if Eden will have the moxie to repeat these assertions to Kim and/or Kyle.  Or maybe Rinna will just give her version of the conversation which guarantees conflict.

Sadly Eden's remark is just a plot tool for Rinna to go on bitching about Kim for another season.  I believe that Eden and LR talked about bringing up Kim's issues on camera long before the scene was ever shot because Rinna needs a story line and with Eden's little brat pack story Lisa got a free dig at Kim. Her moving on mantra is bullshit.

I don't like Kim in any way. She and her onscreen and off screen issues needs to stay off the show, it's better when she's gone. I wish production would stop pushing her on us. Even if Kyle has to invite her to events because she is family, production can leave it on the cutting room floor.

Lisa R and Kim's upcoming confrontation...really don't care. It is tedious, been there saw that, same old shit.

• Love 7
23 minutes ago, notnowimbusy said:

Saw this pic of Dorit last week, and there is definitely something strange going on with those boobs. 

Phoenix+Kemsley+Dorit+Kemsley+Enjoys+Day+Miami+O89Rneny_kHl.jpg

It looks to me as if Dorit has breast ptosis maybe due to having two kids in two years and either her implants went high when while her breasts sagged.  probably needs a breast lift to get everything realigned.  http://www.parkercenter.net/breast/anatomy-of-breast-ptosis/  I think Dorit, from other photos probably has the most severe ptosis or irregular tubular breasts.  I believe the term is putting an implant in a sock.  Does she also have scars right at her pelvis bones?  I don't think Dorit should be talking about show and tell in the genitalia  region. 

I went with a friend when she had a consultation and subsequent surgery for ptosis and areola reduction.  She always described her breasts as Granny from Playboy tits.  https://www.pinterest.com/pin/17099673562406591/

• Love 3

What I don't understand about Rinna is that to keep going after Kim is making Rinna look bad so why do it. Yes, she is doing it for a reason, a storyline to get a paycheck, but there is no real win. When I go to a party  sometimes there is a person or are persons I don't care to interact with so I say "hello" and IGNORE THEM (don't engage beyond pleasantries) and MOVE ON to the company of those I enjoy and make memories with them. Why can't Rinna also say "hello" to Kim and go off with Eileen and Eden and talk about soap. She would look the larger person for not engaging also by sticking with this storyline she limits herself to other possibilities of a new one because the easy focus will first be on an old feud.

Even if Kim was pissy towards Rinna first she would have no recourse if Rinna politely disengaged. She loses the power and Rinna would get it. By Rinna and Eileen not letting go they give their perceived foes all the power regardless of what they think or say.

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 4
On 1/5/2017 at 11:42 AM, laurakaye said:

When I was listening to Mr. Mintz (? I think that's his name, I have no clue who he is) speak in metaphysical cloud-formations, I had to hand it to Lisar for not bursting out in laughter, as I would've done.  Clearly I would not last in BH, as it drives me insane when people who have just met speak to each other as if they intend to delve into the person's inner psyche.  I mean, sheesh - relax and have some more champagne, it's just a freaking dinner party.

Completely agree. I would have asked him what the fuck he was talking about.

I had no clue who this dude was, so I looked him up. He was a legit big deal back in the day. He was the Publicist for John Lennon and Yoko Ono, among other notables. Most recently, he represented Paris Hilton. Yep, Kyle's niece, and apparently he appeared on her reality TV show. 

Kyle is like the Kevin Bacon of BH - six degrees of separation from everyone.

• Love 14