Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E02: Back in Baby's Arms

I don't know... I wasn't impressed with that promo. Seems like more of the same. 

-Rayna wants to do something Deacon doesn't.

-Juliette shuts out Avery who only wants to be there.

-Will struggles with a sexual situation. 

-Maddie is all about her music.

-Scarlett bats her big eyes at Gunnar but doesn't trust him. 

I really, really hope the hype over the new show runners isn't misplaced. I *want* to like the CMT reboot, so please give me something to keep my attn.

• Love 3

Wow, this show was actually getting away from utterly ridiculous plot lines, but now apparently Rayna has a stalker or something! I assume its Silicon Valley guy (why does EVERY show have to have some weird tech billionaire guy now?) and this will continue, eventually leading to a hilariously over the top shoot out. 

Other than that, this seems to be the start of an improved season. Rayna and Deacon actually acted like a normal couple, although I had to laugh at Rayna saying people would think her label was a vanity project, when it totally is. She wants to make a whole album of love songs about the relationship between her and her husband! I really hope theres a whole song focused on their daughter going through a really shitty rebellious phase. Still, they are way more likable when they are allowed to just be, and not throw in endless drama.

Will is still the best, and I had to laugh at how long it took him to realize that guy was hitting on him. Come on, Will. Your adorable. 

I hope we get a Avery/Juliette healing duet soon. I missed them so much. 

• Love 4

Yeah, so my first instinct when watching the episode is that Rayna was pushing way too hard for this concept album, but especially after Deacon said no. And then even though he said no, she pestered, he said he'd think about it, she pestered, he argued about why he didn't want to do it again, and Rayna pestered some more while also saying something that made me laugh. Rayna seemed so confused as to why Deacon was not on board, despite him telling her why, and then I think she even said something about him not talking to her, even though he tried when Rayna was complaining about why he couldn't just think about it?

However, despite that argument between them, I actually enjoyed that they seemed like a normal married couple. Deacon didn't get angry once, Rayna/Deacon were fairly happy even through one of their arguments, and they worked really well as a couple. Rayna falling asleep on Deacon did get a chuckle out of me, as did Deacon's "I didn't send you flowers! Although, that's a good idea...". I am with Deacon, in that the album will be digging deep into their history because even through their connection or whatever, there's a lot of pain and crap to get through to find some of the good stuff. I highly doubt they're going to want to write a song about the time their daughter emancipated from them, or when Deacon almost killed Rayna, or how Rayna married another man and lied about her eldest daughter's paternity for thirteen years. Or maybe that's the "beauty of pain" or whatever. 

It's also funny because while their label is totally sinking and Bucky and Deacon both want Rayna to do an album that'll for sure make them money, Rayna's decision is to make a concept album that is riskier to sell because "we just got married". And now that Rayna has a stalker, H65 is probably going to need more success than a hopeful concept album.

Now, is the Scarlett/Gunnar romantic drama done with? Can we move on, or are we going to get some new person popping in to disrupt them? I really want to like both of them and I used to, but I'm really sick of their romantic drama. 

Will's great, even though I see exactly where this is going. How nice would it have been if Will had been honest with Kevin? Maybe the cliche "Kevin finds out and breaks up with Will down the line and Will gets together with Male Designer Guy" plot wouldn't be put into motion. However, I did enjoy Will's cluelessness about the guy hitting on him, as well as Kevin's supportiveness. Also, I can blame Gunnar for not giving Will an actual answer. "Well I wouldn't tell...but you know MY love life, so...do whatever. I guess." Thanks, Gunnar. Helpful as always. 

Even though Juliette and Avery were only in a couple of scenes, I appreciate the importance of them. Juliette is still blaming herself and thinking that Avery's going to leave, but it doesn't look like he is, which is great. And Juliette almost found her angel! I'm getting the sense that this is not just a redemption arc for Juliette, but also a religious one. 

Edited by Lady Calypso
  • Love 5

While it's certainly a big improvement over the nasty rat's nest she used to have, Scarlett's hair belongs on somebody's grandmother, not on someone who is supposed to be a young, rising country star.

• Love 6
(edited)

I was initially annoyed that Scarlett was so cranky and jealous for most of this episode because it seemed so out of character, but it made more sense when she finally blew up at Gunnar and told him that it felt like he kept deliberately picking women who she would have to deal with after she turned down his proposal.

I thought the situation between Rayna and Deacon was realistic, not just in the specifics of Deacon being unsure about doing the record but in the dynamics between them. He felt like he was being pressured into something, she was excited about something that was inspired by him, and it just turned into miscommunicating at cross purposes until they worked it out at the end. I am glad that they are talking though. On another show, Rayna wouldn't have said anything to Deacon about how hurt she was that he took another job and then she would have stewed about it, pouted, etc. so I really liked that she immediately told him why it upset her.

What annoys me is that Will has always been a good listener about whatever Gunnar's latest girl problem is and he has given him good advice, so why was Gunnar giving him such terrible advice tonight? If you are two adults who trust each other, then there shouldn't be any problem telling your partner that someone totally hit on you but you said no. Keeping it a secret makes it seem like there's something to be ashamed of. The only smart thing Gunnar said is that it's normal to be attracted to other people and that Will didn't do anything wrong since he didn't let anything happen.

9 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

now apparently Rayna has a stalker or something! I assume its Silicon Valley guy (why does EVERY show have to have some weird tech billionaire guy now?) and this will continue, eventually leading to a hilariously over the top shoot out. 

I thought the overly enthusiastic new media guy at Highway 65 was the stalker (even before we found out that Deacon didn't send any flowers to Rayna). He seemed like a stalker just based on the way he greeted Rayna and wouldn't let go of her hand.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo

What a sh*t show...

This has really taken a dive.

I don't even know where to start.

First why do all the new characters suck...There isn't one new interesting person. How does this happen. If you dump Layla and Luke then don't replace them with other cringe worthy characters.

Ehh to Juliette's story...we know she's walking again therefore it's just lame.

Ehh to the Exes (first dumb name) and second over Gunnar and Scarlett...this is the fifth season of the same crap with them.

Ehh to Rayna's story...she is finding herself and creep silicon valley guy...

This could be so much better

Damn you, Charles Esten, and your emotionally charged singing!

Cadence's clearly expressive ("Uh. Awkward!") side-eyeing of her parents at breakfast when Juliette and Avery were fighting over Juliette's prognosis might have been the single most adorable thing I have seen on the teevee in my life.

Did Will give the same jacket that he tried on to CGS Kevin? Because they can't be remotely the same size, and also that's a fairly weird way of deflecting your feelings of guilt, Will. (And so is getting a dog; I'm just saying.)

I don't really look forward to the stalker plot, but I'm satisfied the show is in competent hands.

Edited by Sandman
I missed the part where Kevin dropped the hint about his own size.
  • Love 5

I really enjoy Charles Esten's signing voice. I can understand why Deacon and Scarlett have this pattern of ruining everything. My family was kind of like that too-everything always goes wrong so you can't believe anything good and end up screwing it up despite yourself. That works for Deacon and Scarlett because of their past, but you can't have the same storyline for every character on the show. Will has a good thing but will screw it up, Juliet has a great family but will of course mess it up, etc. Still, i love the show and am happy it is back.

I don't think Gunnar gave bad advice to Will. I don't think I would tell my spouse if a random person flirted with me, especially if I told them no and didn't plan to see them again. It would just lead to my husband being upset and there is no reason. Even if you had a passing thought of attraction, unless you plan to act on why confess it and leave your partner feeling insecure? Maybe part of it is I thought the designer guy was so smarmy, I couldn't imagine WIll being interested. 

• Love 3

What a sh*t show...

This has really taken a dive.

I don't even know where to start.

First why do all the new characters suck...There isn't one new interesting person. How does this happen. If you dump Layla and Luke then don't replace them with other cringe worthy characters.

Ehh to Juliette's story...we know she's walking again therefore it's just lame.

Ehh to the Exes (first dumb name) and second over Gunnar and Scarlett...this is the fifth season of the same crap with them.

Ehh to Rayna's story...she is finding herself and creep silicon valley guy...

This could be so much better

I stopped watching this shit show several seasons ago (Juliette's role as Callie Khouri's buttgirl wore very thin, very fast----almost as quickly as Rayna's whining and being told, not shown, how fab she was)----really, I only watched season 1, then periodically season 2 and then stopped altogether.

I will, however, periodically read summaries, comments, etc....and each time it's confirmed exactly why I don't watch any more.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

I don't think Gunnar gave bad advice to Will. I don't think I would tell my spouse if a random person flirted with me, especially if I told them no and didn't plan to see them again. It would just lead to my husband being upset and there is no reason. Even if you had a passing thought of attraction, unless you plan to act on why confess it and leave your partner feeling insecure? Maybe part of it is I thought the designer guy was so smarmy, I couldn't imagine WIll being interested. 

I agree with this, except in TV Land, this is a big deal. Even Will said that he was feeling guilty. Maybe it's just the thought of thinking about another man, but if Will is still thinking about Designer Guy in a sexual way, then I'd say that not saying a word will cause more problems. I didn't like Designer Guy and think Will should not be with him, but seeing as this is still a TV show, the writing was on the wall for a cheating storyline or a hookup from the moment he approached Will. I wish it wasn't the case and that Will can just laugh it off with Kevin and the Designer Guy could just be a work reference or whatever, but it doesn't look likely.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I was initially annoyed that Scarlett was so cranky and jealous for most of this episode because it seemed so out of character, but it made more sense when she finally blew up at Gunnar and told him that it felt like he kept deliberately picking women who she would have to deal with after she turned down his proposal.

The argument felt out of place.  It had the history right.  It was even astute. But I think it would have felt more real if they had built up to it a little more.  Like by maybe having them run into an ex of Gunnar's.  Maybe a song would have done it but for me, as an audience member, it didn't resonate as much so the drama felt like drama for drama's sake.

8 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

I don't think Gunnar gave bad advice to Will. I don't think I would tell my spouse if a random person flirted with me, especially if I told them no and didn't plan to see them again. It would just lead to my husband being upset and there is no reason. Even if you had a passing thought of attraction, unless you plan to act on why confess it and leave your partner feeling insecure?

I would agree. He didn't go through with anything so there's nothing to apoogize for but he did feel something which puts it in weird and murky territory.  I think he needs to come to terms with it before he can share it or laugh it off with Kevin.  But I would like to know what is behind the attraction.  Although I loved Murray Barlett on Looking, he did come on a bit strong here. I appreciated that he backed off.

Edited by Irlandesa

I love Kevin and do not want Will to mess this up but I have a feeling they are not going to end well. I was so happy to see them together. 

I'm glad Juliette found the woman who saved her. She genuinely just wanted to thank her and I hope she gets to. 

Rayna it is a vanity label, get over it. You are the only viable act on it. Crazy Layla ( who I guess we will hear about and not see) and The Exes( who just got kicked off tour) are your other artists. You are not exactly raking in the money. 

I do believe that everything that happened with Maddie's emancipation has numbed me to all Rayna and Deacon things. More Rayna I guess. Every scene just makes me think of Rayna/Teddy/ 3 % Deacon's crappy parenting. It is something I cannot let go of.  

• Love 1

I guess Mr. EB and I are weirdos because over the years, I have told him when people were blatantly hitting on me and we're still together without unnecessary jealousy or arguments about it. I don't get why people deliberately hide that kind of information. It's not a big deal because nothing actually came of it. Thankfully Mr. EB and I are on the same page about that! Apparently Will and Kevin are not. I think Kevin would have been okay with it if Will had told him but Will is the one making it into more than it is. Dude, you're famous and someone made it clear he was interested in sleeping with you. That's par for the course with musicians. If he's going to have a guilt complex about that every time it happens, maybe he needs to hang up his guitar and find another profession where he won't be propositioned as frequently or he is going to give himself an ulcer!

• Love 3
23 hours ago, zumpie said:

I stopped watching this shit show several seasons ago (Juliette's role as Callie Khouri's buttgirl wore very thin, very fast----almost as quickly as Rayna's whining and being told, not shown, how fab she was)----really, I only watched season 1, then periodically season 2 and then stopped altogether.

I will, however, periodically read summaries, comments, etc....and each time it's confirmed exactly why I don't watch any more.

The frustrating part is that there's so much talent in the cast I don't understand why it's such a disaster

• Love 1
3 hours ago, dmc said:

The frustrating part is that there's so much talent in the cast I don't understand why it's such a disaster

I feel like we must be watching totally different shows.  We definitely are looking at it from two completely opposite filters.  I don't think the show is a disaster at all.  Season 4 was difficult to watch, but this new season is a breath of fresh air.  Sorry you're so unhappy with it.  I'm surprised you'd even watch it if you dislike it this much.

• Love 16

I think the idea of an album of duets that track their relationship is a pretty good idea. If I were a big fan of Deacon and or Rayna, I would really look forward to it. Aren't most songs written from personal experience? Their difficult relationship with their stupid daughter can be written as a song without it being too obvious. 

• Love 2
44 minutes ago, memememe76 said:

I think the idea of an album of duets that track their relationship is a pretty good idea. If I were a big fan of Deacon and or Rayna, I would really look forward to it. Aren't most songs written from personal experience? Their difficult relationship with their stupid daughter can be written as a song without it being too obvious. 

True, although once they announce it as a concept album, people will know what the songs are about. I assume everyone knows about Maddie's emancipation, as I can't imagine that it stayed quiet for very long. Maybe it did, but someone'll dig it up eventually. 

It's a good idea if H65 wasn't in serious financial trouble. It's a risky move because it's unclear if it'll make enough money to save the label. Right now, they do need a for sure thing. It seems like Rayna is doing it as a distraction of how bad her label is doing, as Bucky and Deacon both agreed that it would be better to get a well known artist to be on the album instead of Deacon to sell it. Sure, there's a good chance it could help save the label and having Deacon and Rayna creating it together could save them more money than if they brought someone else on board. The thing that concerned Bucky is that the label needs a for sure success, and he doesn't seem to think that a husband-wife concept album will do just that. Who knows how many people are truly invested in Rayna's relationship with Deacon. People who know them well, yes. But the general fan? Would they enjoy it? It's a calculated risk, and if it doesn't do well, it sounds like their label will be sunk. It sounds like it's almost at the point of it being a last ditch effort. They've lost several artists and have spent so much money that hasn't gone anywhere. 

Basically, Rayna needs to test the waters right now by hopefully making a single with Deacon to test how it reacts with her audience. If it's a smashing success, then she should go for it. But it's not the go-to solution for saving her label. She needs something more substantial. And sorry Rayna, but having The Exes and maybe Layla still isn't going to cut it. 

I, for one, am SO glad that we didn't have to deal with Maddie and Daphne.  That alone improves the show. 

Scarlett is insufferable.  Her digging for reasons to destroy her mind numbing relationship with Gunnar is extremely annoying.  

I do like the lighter feel to the show.  It's still dramatic but the couples laugh and joke together.  They aren't constantly blowing up at one another or focusing so hard on hurting on another.  It's a nice change. 

• Love 2

I think there's been some improvement, and after they wrap up some of the stories from previous seasons, I'm hoping for even more. But there's not enough Juliet and Avery. Though since they're my favorite couple on the show, I'll likely always want more.  Their reconciliation feels rushed, like most of it happened off screen.

I also want more friend time; past Gunnar, Avery and Will scenes have been some of my favorites.  And I want a stronger return to the Juliet and Rayna dynamic. 

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, amaranta said:

I also want more friend time; past Gunnar, Avery and Will scenes have been some of my favorites.  And I want a stronger return to the Juliet and Rayna dynamic. 

I could certainly get behind both of these ideas.

• Love 1

I finally got to watch both episodes yesterday afternoon and I see the same old same old.  Maddie being nasty, Avery whining, Scarlett being annoying.

On a happier note, no Cash and no her father..(I don't remember his name)

And no The Beverly! Huzzah! Best episode ever!

I really liked the direction of the episode, particularly the bed scene with Scarlett and Gunnar, where they used some creative angles to show that they were naked without resorting to having Scarlett wearing her bra. I swear, that's the one thing that takes me out of a scene more than anything: woman lounging around in bed in her bra. 

• Love 4

*Couldn't care less about Rayna's "angst" and took Deacon's side, until the end where he "caved" of course.  I like the stalker, maybe he'll try to kill Rayna.  What was up with his broken windshield?

*Juliette being self-centered as always.  Avery is so too good for her.  Airplanes took Patsy Cline, John Denver, Buddy Holly, Jim Croce, Skynard, Ricky Nelson, most of Reba's band, but Juliette was the sole survivor?  Life's not fair.

*Will has the only plotlines I care about, even though his are the worst written.

*Afterschool Special: Maddie learns a lesson about collaboration.

*Scarlett creates drama in her mind for no reason.  Gunnar is too good for her.

Where's Glenn?

A concept album is sort of a diary of personal experiences containing emotional events. Add to that a creative flourish, and that makes it worthy of sharing with the public. It's a great idea for famous people who want to present it as a genuine entity. Rayna has enough clout to release a half-assed effort and make it sell. Fine, if you want to put out bullshit just for profit. But it's way more personal for Deacon, who's not ready to relive all that pain. He made that abundantly clear and I thought Rayna was way out of line for pressuring him. It's something that takes time to organically originate to a presentable form, not something to whip up in a few weeks.
The first hour marked noticeable improvements in the show.
The second hour - this episode - seemed to slip back into needless drama. Back to the same old irksome Scarlett & Gunnar mess.  Glad they were able to sort of settle it by episode's end instead of dragging it out several eps just to reconcile and rinse and repeat - the spinning of wheels only to recur later.

Among the good was seeing Will not be quite as naive as in the past. Glad he showed some restraint without slugging the trunk show dude. That would have created a media scandal before, now it can hopefully show character development - and maybe that's what Herskovitz & Zwick are shooting for. We need stories with cohesion and a plausible flow - not constant, repetitive conflict.

The stalker idea kind of makes me ill, but I'm cautiously optimistic that it won't play out to a ridiculous end.

• Love 2
On 1/7/2017 at 7:47 PM, piratewench said:

I feel like we must be watching totally different shows.  We definitely are looking at it from two completely opposite filters.  I don't think the show is a disaster at all.  Season 4 was difficult to watch, but this new season is a breath of fresh air.  Sorry you're so unhappy with it.  I'm surprised you'd even watch it if you dislike it this much.

I don't have a filter for this one.  I didn't care for season 3 or 4 but I was fully prepared to give this show a fresh start.  New show runners, clearing out the two characters that don't work, etc.

Except, I finally realized the reason why those two characters (Layla and Will) didn't work and wasn't them it was the writing and the writing is still terrible. 

The premise for this show was great and the talent is there but the writing on this show is abominable.  That is why ABC dropped it and that's why it will tank on CMT unless it gets better.

They keep circulating the same plots over and over again and they weren't that interesting to begin with...

When they do add something new like Juliette's plane crash...there is very little angst over it because WE all know exactly how it will work out.

All of the romantic drivel is exactly the same stuff and I was over it three seasons ago. Rayna, Deacon, Scarlet, Gunner, Avery, Juliette

This show is supposed to be about the music industry which is actually interesting...so the focus needs to be back there. 

On 1/7/2017 at 3:38 PM, dmc said:

I'm not sure I'd say disaster, yet, BUT I felt like the acting was a little off with most, if not all of them.  I just felt a lot of scenes were awkward and everyone (oh yea, except juliette and avery) were acting half-assed. 

And then Rayna decides she cant get on a plane and wants to drive from Cali to Tennessee.  We see ONE tidbit of her drive back (which would take multiple days) which happens to be at some hole in the wall gas station. And then BOOM she's home and knows what she wants to do. 

That was awkward writing.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Fisher King said:

A concept album is sort of a diary of personal experiences containing emotional events. Add to that a creative flourish, and that makes it worthy of sharing with the public. It's a great idea for famous people who want to present it as a genuine entity. Rayna has enough clout to release a half-assed effort and make it sell. Fine, if you want to put out bullshit just for profit. But it's way more personal for Deacon, who's not ready to relive all that pain. He made that abundantly clear and I thought Rayna was way out of line for pressuring him. It's something that takes time to organically originate to a presentable form, not something to whip up in a few weeks.
The first hour marked noticeable improvements in the show.
The second hour - this episode - seemed to slip back into needless drama. Back to the same old irksome Scarlett & Gunnar mess.  Glad they were able to sort of settle it by episode's end instead of dragging it out several eps just to reconcile and rinse and repeat - the spinning of wheels only to recur later.

Among the good was seeing Will not be quite as naive as in the past. Glad he showed some restraint without slugging the trunk show dude. That would have created a media scandal before, now it can hopefully show character development - and maybe that's what Herskovitz & Zwick are shooting for. We need stories with cohesion and a plausible flow - not constant, repetitive conflict.

The stalker idea kind of makes me ill, but I'm cautiously optimistic that it won't play out to a ridiculous end.

There has been nothing about Scarlett I liked (other than her voice) since day one.  #1 Complaint:  Her hair in the beginning was an awful mess!

#2 Complaint:  Her hair now is still a short, awful mess.  #3 Complaint:  Her accent is so "thick" I can't understand a lot of what she says.

#4 Complaint:  I don't LIKE her!!!

I do like that they've given Will "a set"!!!

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, gunderda said:

I'm not sure I'd say disaster, yet, BUT I felt like the acting was a little off with most, if not all of them.  I just felt a lot of scenes were awkward and everyone (oh yea, except juliette and avery) were acting half-assed. 

And then Rayna decides she cant get on a plane and wants to drive from Cali to Tennessee.  We see ONE tidbit of her drive back (which would take multiple days) which happens to be at some hole in the wall gas station. And then BOOM she's home and knows what she wants to do. 

That was awkward writing.

That is the main issue with this show.  The writing. 

and what was with stalker's cracked windshield at the end??? To throw us off and think it's not Silcone Valley guy because he would not be in a vehicle with a crack windshield?  that was just weird.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, piratewench said:

And I actually think the writing is awesome.  So much better than anything we've had since season 1.

So much better than after season 1 and actually good writing are not the same.  One indicates the writing as improved and the other indicates it's actually good writing. I am not sure if you meant you think it's improved or you think it's good writing in general. 

Mad Men, Breaking Bad, Seinfeld, the Sopranos...are all really well written shows...you think this writing is in the same category? 

I think it's slightly better that a soap opera writing which is fine...for what it is.  But if you are going to be soap opera it least be good at that.  There isn't a single plot for me that I am invested in or why I am dying to know what's going to happen. 

Scarlett actually grew on me over the years and she's one of the best singers on the show. The problem is she's great opposite almost everyone but Gunnar. I especially enjoy her scenes with Deacon (in previous seasons) and the girls. But Gunnar always drags her down. I'm kind of annoyed they ruined her relationship with the doctor because that working out would've been different and interesting.

• Love 1

I'm with you on Scarlett and Gunnar. As a singing duo there's nobody better, but they just don't work as a couple. Gunnar isn't a grown up yet and Scarlett only seems to be able to stand up for herself when she's with Deacon. I didn't mind the doc either except they ended up writing him as an asshat when it comes to making music and made the character as boring as he could be. 

I think the writing has improved by leaps and bounds, it's actually a good show now with good dialogue and time for character interaction. I've enjoyed the first two episodes tremendously and am happy to see more music being made on the show. They've had some clean up to do from Season 4 so that will take a bit of time to get through, but I'm excited to see what's next.

I wish Will would have been honest with Kevin...I think Kevin would have understood.  Instead, Will makes SO. MUCH. out of it.  Sigh.  I love the scenes when they're together and happy and stuff.  It's simple and cheesy, but I like it when they're being a couple. 

More scenes with Gunnar, Avery and Will, please.  Their friendship is adorable and usually well done.  

Tired of the Rayna concept album idea.  I'm with Deacon--so much of that shit is too painful too revisit. Why would you want to?  

11 hours ago, dmc said:

So much better than after season 1 and actually good writing are not the same.  One indicates the writing as improved and the other indicates it's actually good writing. I am not sure if you meant you think it's improved or you think it's good writing in general. 

Mad Men, Breaking Bad, Seinfeld, the Sopranos...are all really well written shows...you think this writing is in the same category? 

I think it's slightly better that a soap opera writing which is fine...for what it is.  But if you are going to be soap opera it least be good at that.  There isn't a single plot for me that I am invested in or why I am dying to know what's going to happen. 

I don't think it really matters actually.  But I think both.  You and I don't agree, which is fine, but I don't have to justify my opinions.

13 hours ago, piratewench said:

I don't think it really matters actually.  But I think both.  You and I don't agree, which is fine, but I don't have to justify my opinions.

I never asked you to justify your opinions.  I asked for clarification on what your comment meant and I specifically stated the reason. 

You responded to my original comment I didn't respond to yours so you were the person initiating the dialogue about it.

And no, we don't agree. 

Seems to me that Will would have come clean to Kevin if the interest had been only one way.  Instead Will was very tempted to cheat and that is why he feels guilty - the little dance about should he tell or not is a cover for what he actually feels guilty about. 

I thought Designer Guy was a jerk.  He made no attempt at even common courtesy when Kevin introduced himself.  If Will were single, the full court press would be okay, but when someone is in a committed relationship, pursuing them that hard, when it seems like all you want is sex is disrespectful to the relationship itself.  Also, he was patronizing as hell; did everything except pat Will on the head when he said something about his 'old-fashioned values' or however he put it. 

• Love 4
21 hours ago, dmc said:

I never asked you to justify your opinions.  I asked for clarification on what your comment meant and I specifically stated the reason. 

You responded to my original comment I didn't respond to yours so you were the person initiating the dialogue about it.

And no, we don't agree. 

Essentially you did, but it ain't nothing but a thing. As far as responding to your comment, this is a forum, right?  Kind of what it's all about. Pax. 

2 hours ago, piratewench said:

Essentially you did, but it ain't nothing but a thing. As far as responding to your comment, this is a forum, right?  Kind of what it's all about. Pax. 

Yeah I you misread, I just asked if you thought the writing had improved or was good in general.  I agree forums are about discussions...no reason to get upset:)

Ah, now there's some Nashville-style relationship drama and soap, that I know and love/hate!  But, hey: at least most of it got solved before the end of the episode and mainly fixed due to the respected parties actually talking with one another like adults.  Progress!

I could see both sides of the concept album issues.  I do think Rayna meant well and while there are risks, I do think if marketed correctly, it could still be a success, despite Bucky's concerns.  But she really did seem to just want to go full-steam ahead, without even asking Deacon how he felt, and to say that their relationship was a roller coaster ride would be an understatement, and Deacon in particular, had some pretty dark lows, that would be painful to bring up.  Again, I think Rayna's heart was truly in the right place, but she really has issues over not realizing how someone else could feel about her big ideas and whatnot.  I'm glad it seems to workout for now, although it's hilarious that, as Deacon predicted, Rayna wins again.  Like it was going to go any other way.

The Scarlett/Gunnar drama was a bit silly.  She suddenly gets concern over a song that Gunnar wrote that wasn't about her, and then finally reveals that she is jealous that Gunnar's past girlfriends have been people either close to her or someone she saw everyday, and felt like it had been Gunnar trying to rub it in her face in some way.  I mean, that is an interesting idea, but honestly, Gunnar strikes me as such a simple dude, that I always felt a lot of it was he just falls easily for anyone that shows interest, and since he usually doesn't have a life outside his music, it tends to be people they interact with a lot.  I really don't get the sense it was anything other then that.  But, whatever.  She apologizes and then he changes the lyrics to include her blue eyes and it is all good!

Juliette is on a quest to find whoever saved her from the plane crash, and that will no doubt be expanded on.  I do hope they do more with Avery besides having him get belittled and yelled at by her.  I get that Juliette's is... well, Juliette, but I would like to see them become a more stable couple again.

Oh, Will.  You will somehow fuck things up with Kevin again, won't you?  Sigh....

The opening Scarlett/Gunnar bedroom scene was a marvel at how they made it look like the characters were clearly naked, but not show anything. It was more realistic then the "Oh, they totally have their underwear on still!" scenes from other shows.

So, Rayna has a stalker?  Silicon Valley guy (Zack?) is an obvious suspect, but the weird social media dude had to be randomly introduced for some reason, right?

• Love 1
On 1/7/2017 at 9:15 PM, Sandman said:

In their place, I'd be tempted to title it "Maddie, You Stupid Ingrate." I guess that's a little bit obvious, though.

That's a bit strong, but I don't disagree with the sentiment. :)  I just find Maddie utterly presumptuous and when she snapped at her sister about always doing music with Daphne, the underlying message that Maddie is sending is that Daphne is holding Maddie back.  Well, who's to say that Daphne is not the one being held back by Maddie?  I understand that Maddie has talent, but so does her sister, no matter what their ages.  I'm glad that Scarlett had that talk with Maddie about collaboration, but Maddie still smacks heavily with a sense of entitlement that I don't care for at all.