Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E02: Back in Baby's Arms

I'm sure I've said it before but they make a joke out of mental illness with Scarlett's character.

I'm not sure how we jumped to Zach is evil. 

Pushy Rayna is creeping back in. Not that I buy the whole... I can't possibly rehash those painful emotions thing... when it comes to musicians, but still, pushy.

I like Deacon in his reading glasses. It reminds me of Danny on The Mindy Project back when that show was good.

Speaking of people being in character, I appreciate the way they're writing Juliette. She's not super bratty but it feels consistent with her stubbornness and temper. But it's a weird day when Juliette is the most rational female character on the show. They're writing Rayna and Scarlett crazily this episode.  

Will swaggering into the house was adorable. I thought he should have been a little less tempted by Preston considering how much he's supposed to love Kevin but it was nice that he refused to cave. 

Scarlett's grievances were nonsense. It was a lot less about Gunnar shoving his girlfriends in Scarlett's face and more about him seeming to fall for anyone who crosses his path. There was also Alexa Vega who he thought was the mother of his child. 

I did like the writers letting Deacon air some warranted grievances about Rayna. Of course, they made him walk it back and say it was "all on him." No, it's not. She was super pushy all episode. Though again, not out of character. I love that the moment they started to really "talk" she tried to leave the room. Classic Rayna.

Aw, I love Uncle Deacon and his advice. I've missed him. 

I didn't really like the new Scarlett/Gunnar song. Too pop... but like lame pop. 

I like that the Will conflict is less angsty than it used to be but they still don't seem to be working very hard on it. And what's with all the hugs? 

Deacon's song was a little cloying and sentimental as something you'd actually release but in the moment, it was very sweet.

Ooh... stalker. We'll see where this goes.