Type keyword(s) to search

Bachelor in Paradise in the Media

• Start Topic

wow, she was so bored in paradise that she had time to count over a million crabs. Wait, she does mean the kind that were scurrying around on the ground, right? Because there could easily be a million crabs running around in the Bachelor Family cesspool.

• Love 5

AshleyI's Cosmo article for this wk:

http://www.cosmopolitan.com/entertainment/tv/news/a44669/bachelor-in-paradise-episode-2-recap/

Nick Vile's podcast for Huffington

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/bachelorette-villain-nick-viall-says-hed-consider-being-the-next-bachelor_55ca10d8e4b0f73b20ba992c?kvcommref=mostpopular

Garofola talking behind the scenes on afterbuzz

Edited by wonald
  • Love 3

Garofola talking behind the scenes on afterbuzz

I didn't go to the gym yesterday, so I punished myself by listening to both Afterbuzz episodes so far this season.

No workout would have been as brutal and exhausting as listening to this podcast.

The (gay?) guy practically screams into the mic while Brooks and the woman speak at normal levels, so I was constantly playing with the volume. They made no unique points and listening to them constantly get facts wrong was maddening. What kind of "fan" doesn't know Chris Bukowski holds the record for most seasons? I finally wrote them off as idiots when they talked about how much they worshipped Jenny Mollen.

The (gay?) guy practically screams into the mic while Brooks and the woman speak at normal levels, so I was constantly playing with the volume. They made no unique points and listening to them constantly get facts wrong was maddening. What kind of "fan" doesn't know Chris Bukowski holds the record for most seasons? I finally wrote them off as idiots when they talked about how much they worshipped Jenny Mollen.

Believe me, I have complained for yrs about that douche in the comments to no avail. And he insists that he is straight. Hahahahaha!

• Love 1

Nick's appearance on the Huff post podcast is interesting and I love that he did it. He clearly loves to gossip and felt this was an open forum to do so. He says some not-so-nice things about Joshua and makes fun of JJ's tattoo. But withholds opinion of Chris Soules. Also, he loves Tenley and gushes about her a lot (though not in a want-to-date-her way, he says)

I have always defended Nick, since I think a lot of the guys just don't like him because he is smart and a bit nerdy, and I still don't dislike him, but after listening to this I see more why people find him annoying. He pretty much took over the podcast. Also if he is Bachelor, his mumbling will get old very quickly.

Edited by betha

I'm intrigued by the Kelsey Poe hints. They both feel she was actually far crazier than edited? Yikes!

I'm intrigued as well!  Ashley actually said "We think it was a flattering edit."   If what we saw was flattering, I can't imagine how she was!

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 2

Oh lord, I just saw this re-tweet from Reality Steve, originally from Samantha during Sunday's show.  Idiot. 

RealitySteve retweeted
Samantha Steffen ‏@SammiSteffen  Aug 16
I saw Joe w Kait,He text me I took the bait. His goal to make me a mate. I saw #BIP episode 2 too late. Wedding cake?Or Mistake?#bachelor
66 retweets 396 favorites
Reply Retweet  66 Favorite  396

While she's backtracking, I also think she's enjoying the attention on social media.  I made a mean tweet about her on Sunday, during the show, and she starred it.  At first I felt bad, because they are real people and she had seen my disparaging remarks, but then I continued watching Monday and let the tweet remorse go. 

• Love 1

Interesting pic from July 20 after the Men Tell All show or something?  Yes, that's Ben H. with Tenley and other recognizables from BIP 2015.

https://scontent.fsnc1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpt1/v/t1.0-9/11694844_10152818796401377_3527725314359778553_n.jpg?oh=3ebf9e2b1fc880b7bb23eee0ef558f86&oe=565DCA9A

Story at http://www.eonline.com/news/681060/whoa-the-new-bachelor-ben-h-is-hanging-out-with

and it has another photo of BIP folks

Last night TMZ showed a video of Samantha and Nick heading into one of the LA restaurants where the paps hang out. Of course they would be going somewhere they would be filmed instead of a quiet hideaway somewhere. The TMZ staffer who had the story was the only one who was interested in them, even Harvey threw a face like "get those creeps off my show," and the rest of the staffers pretty much shut the BIP-villain "non-story" down so that was the end of it. Here and gone. 

Edited by saber5055
  • Love 2
(edited)

I wonder if TBTP hadn't pushed for an engagement at the end of season and the "wedding" one year later, things would have worked out better for them. From what Marcus is saying it sounds like things were moving too fast for Lacy, though of course she should have communicated that instead of ghosting him like that. They could have just given the ring back, said FU to Fleiss, and continued their relationship at a pace that worked for them both. It still 80/40 wouldn't have worked out, but at least it would have run its course more organically.

Edited by chocolatine
  • Love 5

I kinda feel sorry for both of them.  Neither ever came off as intellectual giants and I think they both got caught up in the hoopla, then couldn't find a good way out.  Marcus could ditch the pressure for a while with basic training, but eventually real life caught up with both. 

Basically 2 nice kids that got in over their heads & ended things badly. They'll both be fine. 

• Love 4
18 hours ago, chocolatine said:

I wonder if TBTP hadn't pushed for an engagement at the end of season and the "wedding" one year later, things would have worked out better for them. From what Marcus is saying it sounds like things were moving too fast for Lacy, though of course she should have communicated that instead of ghosting him like that. They could have just given the ring back, said FU to Fleiss, and continued their relationship at a pace that worked for them both. It still 80/40 wouldn't have worked out, but at least it would have run its course more organically.

Hahaha! 80/40! YOPO to that! But, seriously, you make good points.

• Love 1

Ugh!! They just spoiled the whole freaking thing on men tell all. The whole fun is seeing what unlikely couples form and they spoiled at least 4 major couples. :( :( :(

• Love 2

I know, Betha!  At least it looks action packed.  It seems like there might be a fist fight, but knowing how prone some people are to bloody noses, it might just be a case of Chief Wiggins's warning to Ralphie on "The Simpsons," -- "Don't pick it so much and it wont bleed!" 

• Love 1
19 hours ago, betha said:

Ugh!! They just spoiled the whole freaking thing on men tell all. The whole fun is seeing what unlikely couples form and they spoiled at least 4 major couples. :( :( :(

Take heart, Betha.  There's a few surprises the promos last night did NOT show.  Only if you read the spoiler thread here, or Reality Steve.  There's still some goodies you won't see coming and are pretty shocking!

• Love 1
On June 21, 2016 at 9:52 AM, Real4real said:

Posting this here and in Bachelor media thread--I just saw a preview for Million Dollar Matchmaker and I think I saw Ashley I as a client!  Has anyone else seen it?

Yes! I saw that too and I was about to post about it but you beat me to it. So is she one of the millionaires? If so, can someone please explain to me how she made her first million? She doesn't seem like the brightest bulb. Or is she just one of the gold diggers? The preview made it seem like she was one of the clients, i.e. a millionaire that Patty is trying to get a match for.

On 8/2/2016 at 5:00 PM, Nowhere said:

Yes! I saw that too and I was about to post about it but you beat me to it. So is she one of the millionaires? If so, can someone please explain to me how she made her first million? She doesn't seem like the brightest bulb. Or is she just one of the gold diggers? The preview made it seem like she was one of the clients, i.e. a millionaire that Patty is trying to get a match for.

She's smart (got a master's at Syracuse) but not a millionaire or a trust fund princess. Her dad is a dentist or oral surgeon (not sure which), so she grew up comfortably but she's not an heiress. Having said all that, I don't know anything about her appearance on the show.

Chad is SUCH an idiot.

In an exclusive statement ahead of the live after-show, she tells ET Canada, “I’m going into tonight to take responsibility for my actions.” Although viewers saw the Denver, Colorado, native berated by Johnson, Morris says she isn’t holding out for the apology she knows she deserves. “I don’t expect a ‘true’ apology from Chad,” she insists. “He never owns up to his own bad behaviour.”

http://etcanada.com/news/158317/exclusive-lace-morris-speaks-out-on-bachelor-in-paradise-drama/