Type keyword(s) to search

Bachelor in Paradise in the Media

• Start Topic

9 minutes ago, Mabinogia said:

The difference is, she put herself in that situation. Kristina was reacting to something that happened to her, Dean moved on to another woman. Dean was with someone when DLo hooked up with him, so she knew she was getting into a triangle. That is why I find it slightly easier to sympathize with Kristina, who was practically picking out wedding china after the "hometown date". DLo knew she was going for someone else's guy. She has every right to, he wasn't exclusive, but she had to know it was going to be an issue. She's not that dumb....right? I mean, she does say Dean and I's, so she's not that smart either. But come on! You're going after a guy who just can't seem to quit his other woman.

Both women were idiots, IMO. Dean wasn't into either of them enough to not still want the other one.

I get what you're saying and you're right, DLo put herself in that situation but I don't think she's really considered that part. I think she's caught up in everyone giving their sympathy to Kristina that she wants to remind everyone that she's human too, she was played as well and since she technically didn't do anything wrong, she deserves some sympathy for how she was treated as well. Again, the line was poorly worded, so I'm just guessing that was what she meant when she was referring to defending someone who shows to be in 'physical pain'. I did laugh when I read that line because it made me picture people feeling sorry for Kristina because someone physically punched her in the gut and then ran away. Again, poor choice of words, lol.

And I agree, they were both idiots. They weren't there long enough to be so invested that they should have sacrificed their integrity and common sense for Dean's attention. I don't get why Kristina refused to entertain other men even when she could see Dean was interested and spending more and more time with DLo. However, I do understand why she would entertain a second chance with him after the show if he came to her proclaiming that her leaving made him realize how much he truly cares for her. On the other hand, I think DLo handled herself well on the show and how she managed Dean's back and forth games in the triangle. But she looked absolutely foolish hooking up with Dean after the fact when he came out and said that he couldn't move forward with her because he was basically having buyer's remorse and wanted to undo his last transaction.

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Does anybody believe Amanda's quote from the article?

“I’m done with all the Bachelor shows,” she said. “I’m glad I came back this season, but I’m done.”

One can dream. Is that stupid show about the twins moving forward? I would bet on her turning up on that one. 

I don't think she got enough attention this past season to make her want to go back again.

As for D-Lo:

I've always been criticized and ridiculed for my looks. Making me work ten times harder to prove that my success comes from my ethics and not my physical appearance. I've held several jobs at once, bought my first car when I was 17, and opened my first business at 23 years old.

Criticized and ridiculed for her looks? She makes it sound like she has some sort of deformity that invites ridicule. Attractiveness is not a handicap. 

Also, for someone who doesn't want to be "judged for her appearance," she sure does own a lot of tops that are little more than suspenders just barely covering her implants. 

Not that she isn't free to dress however she wants, but it doesn't exactly align to her protests about wanting to be judged on her accomplishments and not on her physical assets. 

• Love 16
2 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

I googled Jef Holm, Emily's ex, to see what shade he's throwing on Arie being named The Bach. Turns out Jef and our Russian girlfriend Kristina were dating right up until she left for BIP. And Robbie and Chase are living with Jef in his Venice Beach house, all roommates.

Wasn't Jef wealthy? Why does he have Bachelor alum roomates? And Jef's shading Arie? Arie was loved by fans & ABC and now Jef's bitter.

DLo is trying to make herself look like the victim.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

Does anybody believe Amanda's quote from the article?

I really don't like Amanda, I don't like her life choices between her kids and The Bachelor Nation.

That said, I think Robby Hayes is one of the smarmiest, skankiest ever dudes who came into this show. If the guy can date and have sex with himself, I'm sure he will. 

• Love 6
21 minutes ago, slowpoked said:

I really don't like Amanda, I don't like her life choices between her kids and The Bachelor Nation.

That said, I think Robby Hayes is one of the smarmiest, skankiest ever dudes who came into this show. If the guy can date and have sex with himself, I'm sure he will. 

I was referring to her quote about not doing a Bachelor show ever again.

My god these people are stupid.  I found this gem of a quote from Danielle L. (can't bring myself to perpetuate D-LO) on Us Weekly's site:

“It's heartbreaking and disappointing to see how my relationship was depicted as something only surface level,” she captioned a photo of the pair kissing. “Dean and I's connection was so much deeper. Call us kindred spirits or free souls...our outlook on life and love was similar (or so I thought).”

Give me strength.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, ljenkins782 said:

As for D-Lo:

Criticized and ridiculed for her looks? She makes it sound like she has some sort of deformity that invites ridicule. Attractiveness is not a handicap. 

Also, for someone who doesn't want to be "judged for her appearance," she sure does own a lot of tops that are little more than suspenders just barely covering her implants.

After enough people made those (great) points, she disabled comments on that post. ???‍♂️

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

Peter said "Rachel and I's."  Unfortunately, I think these people think they are using correct grammar.

The expression has been used on the Bachelor shows for many years, but I don't think anyone from the show had ever used it in writing until Danielle did just now.

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

Peter said "Rachel and I's."  Unfortunately, I think these people think they are using correct grammar.

I know.  That is the exasperating part.  I know there are smart people that work on this show...they can't correct them???

1 minute ago, chocolatine said:

The expression has been used on the Bachelor shows for many years, but I don't think anyone from the show had ever used it in writing until Danielle did just now.

At least now it is preserved forever as proof of how dumb and vapid these people are.  Don't get me wrong...I love it.  I also love to judge.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, allicatexp said:

I know.  That is the exasperating part.  I know there are smart people that work on this show...they can't correct them???

At least now it is preserved forever as proof of how dumb and vapid these people are.  Don't get me wrong...I love it.  I also love to judge.

I think you just answered your own question. :)

When D'Lo entered the show Dean told her that he and Kristina had been a thing, but they had agreed to chill and date other people.  I think there were several cases of new men or women coming along and asking out people who had gone out with or been hanging out with someone else earlier. Only D'Lo was treated like a home wrecker who was jumping in the middle of a marriage with children.  No one got mad at Dominique for asking Diggy out while Lacey thought they  were together. 

I imagine D'Lo has  received tons of social media hate just because Kristina was such a fan favorite and was shown crying all the time.  It's true D'Lo  seems a little shallow and not terribly smart,  but how does that make her different from most of the kids in paradise?  Based on the little we were shown, Danielle M is the only one who seemed above average in those areas, certainly not Kristina who was either pouting or playing penis games when she was with Dean.

D'Lo didn't help herself with that post, but I understand why she feels hurt and on the defensive.

• Love 10
45 minutes ago, JudyObscure said:

D'Lo didn't help herself with that post, but I understand why she feels hurt and on the defensive.

I do too. She was unfortunately not as popular with fans as Kristina was, so she took the brunt of it. I'm just happy to see that a majority lay most of the "blame" (not that I really feel anyone is to blame, there was no binding agreements here to break) at Dean's feet, since he was the one stringing two women along. We don't know what promises he made to either of them that made either of them think he was worth fighting for. Maybe it was just his looks (I don't see it, but I can see how some would find him hot).

I think Dlo was painted as the "good time girl" while Kristina played the role of the devoted wife. No one ever likes Good Time over Wifey. lol

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Artsda said:

Wasn't Jef wealthy? Why does he have Bachelor alum roomates? And Jef's shading Arie? Arie was loved by fans & ABC and now Jef's bitter.

DLo is trying to make herself look like the victim.

A lot of young people have roommates for the company.  It sounds like Jef has a sweet beach house, who wouldnt want to live there? And Jef seems like a party boy - it's more fun everynight if there are already 3 other people there. 

5 hours ago, ljenkins782 said:

One can dream. Is that stupid show about the twins moving forward? I would bet on her turning up on that one. 

I don't think she got enough attention this past season to make her want to go back again.

As for D-Lo:

Not that she isn't free to dress however she wants, but it doesn't exactly align to her protests about wanting to be judged on her accomplishments and not on her physical assets. 

She strikes me as the kind of person oblivious to the fact that people give her what she wants because she is hot.  Not that she didnt work hard, but someone who people dont want to sleep with, or someone who doesn't use her looks to open doors, they have a harder time getting loans, getting meetings with the right people, etc.  I had a friend post college oblivious to her own good looks fortune, despite the fact that she married straight out of college to a guy who paid off all her student loans.  people who arent 10s on the looks scale? That doesnt happen to. (and yes, when they divorced like 6 months later, she was debt free). 

• Love 5
6 hours ago, ljenkins782 said:

As for D-Lo:

I can't believe D-Lo used the "Don't hate me cause I'm beautiful" defense.  We're supposed to feel sorry for her plight in life?  And she is still defending how deep their love was even after Dean was crying on the last day of BIP about Kristina being gone and saying on the After show he loved/loves her?  Wow, someone with all her assets and accomplishments should have more self-esteem. And she even posts pictures of them together instead of being embarrassed that she fell for his story again?  Sorry D-Lo, you are no more special to Dean than Kristina, Rachel, or any other girl he has met and had sex with in the past week. 

• Love 8

As to the question about whether or not we believe that Amanda will not be on another Bachelor Show, I believe that if this is so it's because the producers won't ask her back.  She was a big nothing this year and was not highly sought after, so her 'career' in Bachelor Nation may be winding down.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Palomar said:

I can't believe D-Lo used the "Don't hate me cause I'm beautiful" defense.

I thought her post was implying that she gets ridiculed for her looks as though she's ugly and disfigured like Quasimodo.

4 hours ago, fib said:

She strikes me as the kind of person oblivious to the fact that people give her what she wants because she is hot.  Not that she didnt work hard, but someone who people dont want to sleep with, or someone who doesn't use her looks to open doors, they have a harder time getting loans, getting meetings with the right people, etc.  I had a friend post college oblivious to her own good looks fortune, despite the fact that she married straight out of college to a guy who paid off all her student loans.  people who arent 10s on the looks scale? That doesnt happen to. (and yes, when they divorced like 6 months later, she was debt free). 

Yeah, I don't know what kind of businesses she has, but if she really feels like her looks haven't ever helped her in her achievements, she's dimmer than I thought. Lots of people work multiple jobs and have the drive to accomplish things at a young age, but the implication that she has to do it to overcome the horrible impediment of being an attractive woman is laughable. 

• Love 7
11 hours ago, ByTor said:

I thought her post was implying that she gets ridiculed for her looks as though she's ugly and disfigured like Quasimodo.

According to Danielle, people say she succeeded due to her being hot. She's saying she succeeded regardless of her being hot. She should have said 'dismissed' rather than 'ridiculed.' No one has ever called her ugly.

• Love 3

Dean needs to step back from the 'lover' roll'.  He looks foolish and he's hurting others.

He is very young and not at all ready for a meaningful relationship with any woman.

Become a man before he goes on anymore reality shows!

• Love 1
21 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

When D'Lo entered the show Dean told her that he and Kristina had been a thing, but they had agreed to chill and date other people.  I think there were several cases of new men or women coming along and asking out people who had gone out with or been hanging out with someone else earlier. Only D'Lo was treated like a home wrecker who was jumping in the middle of a marriage with children.  No one got mad at Dominique for asking Diggy out while Lacey thought they  were together. 

I imagine D'Lo has  received tons of social media hate just because Kristina was such a fan favorite and was shown crying all the time.  It's true D'Lo  seems a little shallow and not terribly smart,  but how does that make her different from most of the kids in paradise?  Based on the little we were shown, Danielle M is the only one who seemed above average in those areas, certainly not Kristina who was either pouting or playing penis games when she was with Dean.

Christen was threaten with physical violence after asking Matt out.  It seemed like people in Paradise hated her for that, while no one (except Kristina) hated Danielle L.  But I'm sure she has heard horrible things over social media and I'm on the side, that she didn't really do anything wrong - Dean did. 

4 minutes ago, Shampognay said:

Christen was threaten with physical violence after asking Matt out.  It seemed like people in Paradise hated her for that, while no one (except Kristina) hated Danielle L.  But I'm sure she has heard horrible things over social media and I'm on the side, that she didn't really do anything wrong - Dean did. 

Danielle L doesn't need to worry....it will all blow over soon enough and no one will remember her unless she shows up again on Arie's season or next year's BIP.  Ultimately Dean will be the one remembered as they will probably dust him off and make him The Bachelor someday after he has grown up a bit.

• Love 1

I can picture Dean during the cocktail parties looking off in space while women flirt with him, answering all questions with, "I mean, I don't know..."[rubs face]  Going on dates, telling each woman that he's falling in love with them, then cutting them at the next rose ceremony.  Periodically saying he hates himself.  Finally proposing to both finalists.  Crying and calling himself names.  It might be fun!

• Love 14
On 9/13/2017 at 11:16 AM, ljenkins782 said:

As for D-Lo:

she also has the most ridiculous eyelash extensions I have ever seen---interesting that she feels ridiculed...

I don't know where else to put this question, but who was the couple from the very first Bachelor in Paradise season that got "married" and we never heard from again? The woman was highly sought after during the first few episodes and even had her sights set on a different man at first, if I remember correctly. Did they not last? Is that why they aren't touted as a success story like Jade and Tanner, Carly and Evan?

Was it Lacey or something like that? Who was the guy?

Edited by sioux21
25 minutes ago, fib said:

They broke up quietly off screen.  

Not so quietly, at least on Marcus' part. He spoke to multiple tabloids, essentially stating that Lacey ghosted him and she was the one who never wanted to legalize the marriage and basically just left him with little explanation. Lacey never publicly responded. By the way, speaking of Marcus, man did he get dragged some weeks ago when for whatever reason, he decided to respond to Rachel's tweet about Bachelor friendships being fickle, with some comment about her being bitter. Oh that was a mistake. People swooped in immediately to basically drag him on the fact that he played a part in a fully orchestrated fake wedding, how he's a complete who, a loser, etc. He exited pretty quickly after that. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Artsda said:

From the article:

Danielle L. added, "I haven't talked to [Dean] in a while. I've said my peace. He'll text me here and there to see how I'm doing but there's no romantic relationship. For me, after watching the show and the things he said, I don't see how or why I would want to continue a relationship with him."

You know it's bad when Danielle L. sounds like the smartest one of the bunch.

Edited by chocolatine
  • Love 14

And these women wonder why they get their hearts broken.  Choose wisely girls.  Look beyond the good looks.  Choose a man of character.  Choose somebody that can make and keep a commitment and if you don't find that guy it's ok.  Single is pretty darn nice and peaceful!

• Love 7
On 9/22/2017 at 5:16 PM, chocolatine said:

From the article:

"From what I know, he's trying to work things out with Kristina," she shared this week on iHeartRadio's Ben and Ashley I "Almost Famous" podcast. "I'm trying to be respectful and keep my distance."

Danielle L. added, "I haven't talked to him in a while. I've said my peace. He'll text me here and there to see how I'm doing but there's no romantic relationship. For me, after watching the show and the things he said, I don't see how or why I would want to continue a relationship with him."

You know it's bad when Danielle L. sounds like the smartest one of the bunch.

Hey Dean, you know what's NOT conducive to "working things out" with the girl you screwed over for another girl? Texting that same other girl "just to see how she's doing."* WTF is the point of that? You're not actually friends and it's obviously a point of contention in the relationship that you're allegedly seeking to repair, so why do it? 

Part of me wonders if Danielle tossed that in there on purpose as a heads up (or a little dig) to Kristina. Despite her claim that she's trying to be respectful and keep her distance, bringing up that he still texts her seems to be a passive-aggressive way of continuing to be involved. 

*Also, the "just want to see how you're doing" texting guy is pretty much always keeping that channel of communication open as a Plan B option for when things get tough with Plan A. There's no other reason to do it, especially in a case like this where they knew each other for all of 2 weeks and didn't have an established friendship to build on.

• Love 10
4 hours ago, chocolatine said:

I'm starting to think that the "incident" was a long con by those two to make sure most of the attention is going to be on them.

And on the show.  Big woop de doo about shutting down production then they all returned to the island and the show must go on!  I wonder if that all upped the show ratings?  Now I'm really wondering about the whole thing!