Type keyword(s) to search

Bachelor in Paradise in the Media

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, fib said:

Yeah. That reads like a big old "nevermind".

So now it seems like we might be left with either one or two people from production who may or may not have had first hand knowledge of what happened who apparently cried wolf?  Amazing.

Although, once again, even given the most non-rapey spin to Corrine's behavior at that pool, they STILL invited her back?

• Love 4

The rest of the cast must be BORING AS SHIT. Cant believe she got invited back, though I suppose it is a CYA to reduce damages in any lawsuit. (Ie, if Corinne did nothing wrong but wasnt invited back, she could be able to sue for lost wages?)

(edited)

I don't believe the "invited" back part of the press release as ABC/Warner lawyers has to know she's a ticking time bomb.  I think they allowed her to say so to save face.  Or at least that's what I'm telling myself.

And the whole "nevermind" is just so predictable.  As soon as Jasmine & Raven went out and told what they had witnessed I knew Corinne had nothing to go on.    And glad her "team" grew a brain and decided not to drag this out any further.

Edited by CindyBee
  • Love 13

This seems like such a 'saving face' move.  I'm sure her "team" worked with production's "team" in the writing of that statement.  I also agree with others that she was not invited back-as that would just have been another lawsuit waiting to happen.  Hopefully her dreams of her own reality show are now over and she can return to being the extremely success woman with a nanny that she always claimed to be.

• Love 8

From the People article....

http://people.com/tv/corinne-olympios-demario-jackson-appeaingr-in-bachelor-in-paradise/?utm_campaign=peoplemagazine&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&xid=socialflow_twitter_peoplemag

"Warner Bros. said in a statement last week that the company “does not intend to release the videotape of the incident,” but insists that they “plan to implement certain changes to the show’s policies and procedures to enhance and further ensure the safety and security of all participants.”

No way they're going to let anybody see anything on those tapes during the show.  

5 minutes ago, leighdear said:

http://people.com/tv/corinne-olympios-demario-jackson-appeaingr-in-bachelor-in-paradise/?utm_campaign=peoplemagazine&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&xid=socialflow_twitter_peoplemag

"Warner Bros. said in a statement last week that the company “does not intend to release the videotape of the incident,” but insists that they “plan to implement certain changes to the show’s policies and procedures to enhance and further ensure the safety and security of all participants.”

No way they're going to let anybody see anything on those tapes during the show.  

I'm sure they won't show the sex act(s) that took place, but I bet they'll show Comario getting drunk and making out, and there'll be ITMs from other contestants saying that things got wild without mentioning specifics.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, leighdear said:

Ashley I has a podcast, and in her latest one she said she had heard that they were going to show the lead up to the incident and the aftermath. She probably heard that from her inside inside sources. What they actually show remains to be seen, but we'll know soon enough!

• Love 2

She felt victimized by others judging her? What crock of shit is this? How sheltered has this chick been that she hasn't yet realized that being judged for your words and actions is what the rest of the normal people call REAL LIFE??? I think she's just saving face from her original statement where she called herself a victim, alluding to her being taken advantage of. I know she likely didn't write that statement herself but that's why that statement bugged me from the start - it seemed irresponsible for professionals to use that kind of terminology and frame the statement in the way that they did.

No one should have to go through that experience but there are lessons to be learned on how to make better decisions so that you don't put yourself in vulnerable positions. I hope Corinne and DeMario both learn from this and protect themselves better in the future.

• Love 6
(edited)

So if the Corinne team investigation is a big old 'nothing to see here; move along', that should provide Demario and his team enough grounds to sue her and her family for everything they have.  He lost his job and his reputation (whatever one wants to think of him) and will be on the outs with many for years to come.

Pain, distress, loss of income, mental anguish, the list of possible charges is endless.  That girl has never, ever apparently learned is that there are consequences for her actions and he shouldn't have to be the one to absorb all of it.

Edited by b2H
  • Love 11
On 7/6/2017 at 3:35 PM, b2H said:

So if the Corinne team investigation is a big old 'nothing to see here; move along', that should provide Demario and his team enough grounds to sue her and her family for everything they have.  He lost his job and his reputation (whatever one wants to think of him) and will be on the outs with many for years to come.

Pain, distress, loss of income, mental anguish, the list of possible charges is endless.  That girl has never, ever apparently learned is that there are consequences for her actions and he shouldn't have to be the one to absorb all of it.

I don't know if it was just a misdirection from a "friend" or a straight-up lie, but Demario quit earlier this year; he didn't lose his job: https://www.buzzfeed.com/marcusjones/demario-jackson-has-lost-his-job-in-the-wake-of-the

I just read on cnn.com that both Demario and Corinne will be on the tell all special.  They reported that Demario agreed first and as soon as Corinne heard that he would be there, she agreed to be on the special.  Hmmm, afraid only his version of events would be told?  It will be interesting to see how Chris and the show treat them.

• Love 5
On 7/13/2017 at 2:37 PM, seacliffsal said:

I just read on cnn.com that both Demario and Corinne will be on the tell all special.  They reported that Demario agreed first and as soon as Corinne heard that he would be there, she agreed to be on the special.  Hmmm, afraid only his version of events would be told?  It will be interesting to see how Chris and the show treat them.

Frankly I don't like the timing of any of it. It's all suspect. The whole situation from how this season's Bachelorette has played out to the events during the taping of BIP, all reeks of manipulation to feed into racial stereotypes. CH hates UnReal but this season's B'chette and BIP are surely playing out like a season of that show. They're messing with people's lives in a real world way, with potentially grave real world consequences. Pretty gross!

• Love 1

I'm not sure where to put this (here or in The Bachelorette) but Chad (meat loving douchebag guy) is on the current season of Celebrity Big Brother UK. I'm just catching up on it via streaming and I'm still on launch night (1st episode) but his entrance video (they call these things a VT) is funny. I wonder he will "play" this and how long before he is nominated and evicted.....This season may actually end up being interesting.

edit: Mods, please move this post to the appropriate place if this is not where it belongs. Thanks

Edited by Vicky8675309

If Chad is "Chad" around the Brits?

He's out night one. I don't see him lasting past the first week if he's "himself."

He's a classic example of beautiful face, bangin' body, but damn...when he/she opens his/her mouth?

Unattractive.

• Love 1
On ‎8‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 10:23 PM, Vicky8675309 said:

I'm not sure where to put this (here or in The Bachelorette) but Chad (meat loving douchebag guy) is on the current season of Celebrity Big Brother UK. I'm just catching up on it via streaming and I'm still on launch night (1st episode) but his entrance video (they call these things a VT) is funny. I wonder he will "play" this and how long before he is nominated and evicted.....This season may actually end up being interesting.

edit: Mods, please move this post to the appropriate place if this is not where it belongs. Thanks

He's also currently on Famously Single which is still running.  Looks like he is making the reality show circuit.

• Love 2
On 8/2/2017 at 1:20 PM, hnygrl said:

If Chad is "Chad" around the Brits?

He's out night one. I don't see him lasting past the first week if he's "himself."

He's a classic example of beautiful face, bangin' body, but damn...when he/she opens his/her mouth?

Unattractive.

He's being Chad lite right now.  And the other people on the show aren't exactly examples of wit and humor.    Can't wait for that hose beast Trisha to hit on him.  She's the nastiest thing.  Couldn't even be a first night cast off on Rock of Love.

Chad explaining to the guy with the unibrow how he would be able to swim faster with some grooming was funny, I must admit.   The unibrow is too much.  

• Love 1

TMZ has some of the footage of the pool encounter with Demario and Corinne up and also she now claims that she mixed Rx meds and the alcohol and suddenly (quickly?) blacked out.  Another new version from her.  

• Love 2

My theory (and what the preview video seems to show) is that Corrine came into the show, threw back a couple shots.  Kissed a few guys, got in the pool with Demario and made a sex tape and then got out of the pool, had a few more shots, kissed a few more guys and then had several more shots got blackout drunk and fell over and ended up passing out and giving herself a huge bruise.  The producer that decided there must be a problem didn't realize how early in the night the DeMario hookup was and assumed it was when Corrine was blackout drunk and unable to walk instead of earlier in the day before she'd had way to many drinks.  Thus the controversy happened. . .

I felt like I needed to bathe after seeing that orgy fest commercial. I'm sure the Demario and Corrine drama will overshadow everything at first, but ABC is going to milk all this publicity for some good ratings. 

Edited by twoods

Alrighty then! I just watched the commercial and I'm ready for Monday night! 

Demario and Corinne are already old news to me, nothing they can show me now would override my lascivious imagination, so I'm all about the Jasmine and Kristina feud.  We already know Jasmine can get physical when she's angry, but I'm siding with her without knowing anything about it! (Why be cautious when it's BIP?)  Kristina was wildly popular on her season, but I always thought I detected a little bit of stealth-bitch so I'm going with that.

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, JudyObscure said:

but I'm siding with her without knowing anything about it!

I'm team Kristina without having any background on what happened so BRING IT! haha I mean, really, at this point does it even matter what happened and how? The whole point of casting known entities is that we've all already decided who our heroes and villians are. The rest is just set dressing.

Though I will admit, Carly and Evan popped out of nowhere and stole my heart so who knows what could happen. I might even sympathize with Corr...no, I can't even pretend that would ever happen.

• Love 5

I loved that they just jammed a bunch of steamy footage in there with obviously no context, like why Raven and whoever it was were making out (or did I just imagine it?) and that it would appear Corrine jumped in the pool with all her clothes on? Could explain the naked frivolity that followed. Also Jasmine expanding her "choakie" fetish explaining there are different positions/styles. Who knew?

Basically it was quite the tease, perfect for the ramp up to the season. It's all just so wrong so they are on the right track.

I can't imagine there will be any more kissing than on the 'ette episodes however.

Edited by Wandering Snark
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

Alrighty then! I just watched the commercial and I'm ready for Monday night! 

Demario and Corinne are already old news to me, nothing they can show me now would override my lascivious imagination, so I'm all about the Jasmine and Kristina feud.  We already know Jasmine can get physical when she's angry, but I'm siding with her without knowing anything about it! (Why be cautious when it's BIP?)  Kristina was wildly popular on her season, but I always thought I detected a little bit of stealth-bitch so I'm going with that.

Lol! It looks like Jasmine might be the new Chris Bukowski hooking up with multiple people. I will automatically root for whomever breaks the most hearts. You need to BRING IT to Paradise! If no one is crying over you, why even bother coming?

• Love 6
16 minutes ago, Mabinogia said:

I am rooting for whoever doesn't get into a "coupling" right away. Mix things up people. It's boring watching safe couples try to ride it to the end rather than risk going after someone better.

I agree, but the problem is that they've designed the show so that no coupling means no rose which means leaving paradise and losing tv exposure and potential instagram followers.

• Love 3
23 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

Kristina was wildly popular on her season, but I always thought I detected a little bit of stealth-bitch so I'm going with that.

Nick alluded to that during his interview on the Ringer podcast. I'm detecting it too. She played the game well and has probably put her hygienist days behind her for good. That takes some ruthlessness.

• Love 1
On 8/3/2017 at 3:24 PM, DEL901 said:

http://ew.com/tv/2017/08/03/bachelor-in-paradise-corinne-olympios-demario-jackson-footage/

"‘You’re going to see more than enough to show you what was happening that led up to the shutdown,’ Chris Harrison says

So Chris Harrison is a liar then... 

I get that they couldn't show the actual acts (nor do I want to see them), but they never even got close to the point where things got crazy. Corinne jumping in the pool in her clothes and some kissing in broad daylight and then smash cut to nighttime 3 days later with the cameramen putting down the cameras and the cast going "what's going on"? That's what he calls "more than enough to show what was happening"?? Ok then. 

This is surely a terrible place to ask this question given the lengthy discussion earlier in the thread, but I'm curious what viewers who somehow managed to not encounter this news ahead of time thought of the episode. It seems like it must have been very confusing if you didn't know what had caused the shutdown. 

• Love 5
36 minutes ago, ljenkins782 said:

I get that they couldn't show the actual acts (nor do I want to see them), but they never even got close to the point where things got crazy. Corinne jumping in the pool in her clothes and some kissing in broad daylight and then smash cut to nighttime 3 days later with the cameramen putting down the cameras and the cast going "what's going on"? That's what he calls "more than enough to show what was happening"?? Ok then. 

I totally agree! I mean, I was only half watching, but when it went straight from Evan and Carly's wedding to the big serious sit-down, I screwed around with the progress bar for awhile trying to figure out how I missed them showing us *anything* that gave a hint as to what went on!

This article from Vulture has what I think is a good take on fucked up the show's handling of that incident really was.

I guess I was so seething at how much of a Soviet-era show-trial the whole sit-down was to really appreciate how fucking sick it got.

• Love 3
20 hours ago, Alapaki said:

This article from Vulture has what I think is a good take on fucked up the show's handling of that incident really was.

I guess I was so seething at how much of a Soviet-era show-trial the whole sit-down was to really appreciate how fucking sick it got.

Thanks for posting this. Really interesting read.