Type keyword(s) to search

Bachelor in Paradise in the Media

• Start Topic

On ‎8‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 2:58 PM, ljenkins782 said:

So Chris Harrison is a liar then... 

Right.  The Bachelor has shown us people taking their tops or trunks off and jumping in the pool many, many times.  We saw (from the back)  Kaitlyn take off both top and bottom, bend over and dive in a pond  -- I had to reach for my smelling salts during that one.  We already saw Corinne  herself take off her top and put Nick's hands over boobs on the regular season.  Now they're pretending a scandal happened over two people jumping in the pool in their beach clothes?  They were a bit tipsy and failed to change into proper pool attire?

The article above made me realize how much shade they were casting on Corinne by saying her statement afterward was just her "trying to save face."  It was as bad as the shade thrown over DeMario when the scandal first broke.  It just proves they're ready to blame anyone but the show itself.  Be warned my young famewhores, it could be you next!

• Love 5

I assume they only showed the footage of Corrine pulling DeMario into the pool fully clothed to *prove* that Corrine was aggressively pursuing DeMario within their first 30 minutes in Paradise (according to Alex). DeMario was shown acting like, huh, I don't know what's going on, but I'll let this girl drag me around, and others were shown with the same reaction--what the heck is up with *Corrine* (not DeMario). In addition to showing she was aggressively dragging him around, it also shows that she was acting this way *immediately* in Paradise, and, more importantly, *before* she drank X amount and was blackout drunk. 

Moreover, I'm sure the lawyers would not allow them to show anything untoward and/or anything that she didn't remember. So this was sober Corrine with her full faculties acting this way. Use your imagination and guess how she acted once drunk...

However, you would have had to pay attention to the news from initial filming to understand what the heck was going on. If you just tuned in cold, as I would imagine a LOT of people did, the After School Special lecture coupled with that footage certainly didn't provide enough context clues for the whole picture. 

• Love 3
On 8/19/2017 at 7:59 AM, JenE4 said:

If you just tuned in cold, as I would imagine a LOT of people did, the After School Special lecture coupled with that footage certainly didn't provide enough context clues for the whole picture. 

This is where I am. I watch all of the Bachelor franchise shows but I don't pay any attention to media or rumors outside of the shows so I came into this totally cold and had absolutely no idea what was going on. To be honest, I'm still kind of confused - who actually made the initial complaint? Both DeMario and Corrine seemed totally chill and relaxed leading up to everything shutting down. Was it someone from production, and if so, why?

11 hours ago, atlanticslide said:

Was it someone from production, and if so, why?

Yes it was someone from production, a producer who had worked with Corinne as her handler on Nick's season, who Corinne considered a "close friend" was the one that made the complaint.  Said producer didn't even see the film.   

Pure speculation: day after, Corinne has regrets based on what happened and doesn't want film to air as what would her boyfriend say so she goes to friend, asking for help.   Producer files complaint, probably never expecting production to be shut down.   Investigation begins, media goes wild with rumors, ruining DeMario's reputation,  Raven & Jasmine get busy trying to save DeMario's rep, investigation reveals nothing, said Producer will never work in Hollywood again and filming resumes after 2 week hiatus.

• Love 8

That's why I never thought any part of the scandal was based on Corinne worrying about what her boyfriend would think.  I just imagine that in Corinne World, "boyfriend,"  means, "Guy I'm hanging around with this week." 

• Love 1

I watched all of it.  The explanation of 'what happened'.  I left thinking did they just avoid a huge lawsuit.  Were promises made to DeMario that would pay lots of $$.  A lawsuit with attorneys and settlements would cost  money.  I think there was a deal made there. 

Could DeMario be our first black The Bachelor?  Maybe.  Stay tuned.

51 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

I watched all of it.  The explanation of 'what happened'.  I left thinking did they just avoid a huge lawsuit.  Were promises made to DeMario that would pay lots of $$.  A lawsuit with attorneys and settlements would cost  money.  I think there was a deal made there. 

Could DeMario be our first black The Bachelor?  Maybe.  Stay tuned.

Oh god no.  He would be a shit show. They wont destroy this franchise with him as lead.  Maybe theyre giving him some other tv show prize.  But i dont think theyll give him the lead.  

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, fib said:

Oh god no.  He would be a shit show. They wont destroy this franchise with him as lead.  Maybe theyre giving him some other tv show prize.  But i dont think theyll give him the lead.  

I guess I disagree.  He came off pretty charming on the show the other night.  Everybody was in tears and seemed to forgive and like him.  I remember him and the girl confronting him on Rachael's season.  He's like a cat with nine lives.  Two down and seven to go.  We'll see.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

I guess I disagree.  He came off pretty charming on the show the other night.  Everybody was in tears and seemed to forgive and like him.  I remember him and the girl confronting him on Rachael's season.  He's like a cat with nine lives.  Two down and seven to go.  We'll see.

Totally agree with you Jeanne222.  Being the Bachelor would give him the opportunity to show his true personality. This stupid show owes him that much.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, MsTree said:

Totally agree with you Jeanne222.  Being the Bachelor would give him the opportunity to show his true personality. This stupid show owes him that much.

He's already shown us his true personality. When confronted with a former girlfriend he first pretended not to know her, then kept changing his story every few minutes. Later he tried to justify his actions by calling the woman a "side piece" as if she was beneath him. I don't care to see any more of that personality.

• Love 21
10 hours ago, MsTree said:

This stupid show owes him that much.

They gave him a free Mexico beach vacation and TV exposure.  He then allowed a woman to shove her crotch in his face while acting like a fool. 

How can the show owe him anything?  Their stupidity got the whole production shut down, costing huge money & a producer's job. 

I think they own him precisely zero. 

• Love 8
3 hours ago, leighdear said:

They gave him a free Mexico beach vacation and TV exposure.  He then allowed a woman to shove her crotch in his face while acting like a fool. 

How can the show owe him anything?  Their stupidity got the whole production shut down, costing huge money & a producer's job. 

That's probably true but some big shot attorney might see it differently.  I think ABC will take care of ABC however they see this whole thing ending.

He WAS made out to be the sexual aggressor and his mother did cry for a week and his reputation was ruined and when they viewed the tape there was nothing.  So boo hoo DeMario. 

Attorneys have gone to court with much less than that. 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, leighdear said:

Their stupidity got the whole production shut down, costing huge money & a producer's job. 

Actually, the producer's stupidity for not checking her facts before filing a complaint she actually had nothing to do with shut down production, cost the show huge amounts of money and, thankfully, got her sorry ass fired, hopefully never to be hired in that industry again. Maybe next time she will get her facts before she goes crying wolf. 

All DeMario and Corinne did was what half of them do, get drunk and made bad decisions. The producer is the one who made something out of nothing. I still don't know what she was hoping to accomplish. 

• Love 5

Let's remember that we still haven't gotten the whole story, and never will get it from this show.  

At this point, the show's interest is aligned with DeMario's in the sense of asserting (but not, interestingly, proving) that no non-consensual sexual contact occurred.  

IMO, the show has handled this entire situation horribly thus far.  And I don't expect it to get any better.

• Love 3
17 hours ago, chocolatine said:

He's already shown us his true personality. When confronted with a former girlfriend he first pretended not to know her, then kept changing his story every few minutes. Later he tried to justify his actions by calling the woman a "side piece" as if she was beneath him. I don't care to see any more of that personality.

I don't believe that was his true personality because I don't care what CH or the show promoters say, this (and all reality shows) are scripted to one degree or another. Pretending in "reality" is acting...just ask ANY "real housewife".  As for the side piece comment, yup...that was stupid, and I blame his defense mechanism for that. How many times have we (collective) said stupid things when we were in the line of fire? I have...and felt like an idiot afterwards.

I'd like to see DeMario without the pressure of the scandal hanging over his head, in a somewhat "normal" situation. I hope he gets that opportunity.

12 hours ago, leighdear said:

He "allowed" a woman to shove her crotch....??  If anyone was acting a fool, it's the girl who claimed to have a boyfriend at home...and having no conscience to hook-up and shove said crotch in the face of a man in paradise.  From what we saw, she instigated the pool scene by grabbing his hand and leading him to jump in the water with their street clothes.

• Love 6

I hope Queen Liz  didn't waste her time..  It was just Corinne saying she was a victim of the media.  She had no idea the medication she was taking wasn't supposed to be mixed with alcohol.  I guess she usually has her nanny read the labels for her. Poor Corinne, she keeps going on reality TV, taking off her clothes, whip creaming her boobs, getting drunk and being as outrageous as she can possibly be -- and then  people talk about her!  Who would have guessed that might happen?!

• Love 13
47 minutes ago, JudyObscure said:

I hope Queen Liz  didn't waste her time..  It was just Corinne saying she was a victim of the media.  She had no idea the medication she was taking wasn't supposed to be mixed with alcohol.  I guess she usually has her nanny read the labels for her. Poor Corinne, she keeps going on reality TV, taking off her clothes, whip creaming her boobs, getting drunk and being as outrageous as she can possibly be -- and then  people talk about her!  Who would have guessed that might happen?!

So, was that her excuse for all of Nick's season? Meds and alcohol don't mix?  Well , it might explain all the napping.

Basically she's saying"don't judge me on what I did, judge me on what I wish I had done."

• Love 8

Humm.  Firing the producer says DeMario was right and the producer pulled the trigger on nothing.  He was a guy taking advantage of a shit show.  The show wanted action and he and Corrine gave it to them.  Then they shut down and make him look like a fool while Corrine and ABC hired attorneys that could prove nothing.

IF I was an attorney I might take his case.  Sounds like he's got something coming.  Or...they made a deal with him and that's why he's zipping it up!

On 8/28/2017 at 6:35 AM, Jaded said:

I saw a commercial saying Corinne is going to be on Good Morning America for her first "live" interview about what happened.

With the GMA appearance and this sit down with Chris Harrison talking about what happened, the irony is that Corinne has consistently said that she doesn't remember anything. It's hard for anyone to really sell Corinne's side of the story when Corinne doesn't even know what that is. This should not be getting as much publicity as it is. 

Having read the recap of her interview with GMA - what moron doesn't know what you shouldn't mix alcohol with medication, especially prescription medication? And she claims that she wants to wean herself off the medication and cut down on the drinking - if you're taking the medication for a reason, how about you stop drinking and take the medication so that it can help heal whatever it is that you're taking the meds for in the first place? 

Also, Corinne is only trying to save face because she lawyered up too quick and released statements put together for her by her lawyer team. She originally claimed she was a victim and she fired shots at production for putting her safety on the line and not stepping in on a situation (which she admittedly doesn't remember so she can't say for certain if there were signs there that would warrant production to step in). Now she's a victim of the media. She really is a dummy. She wants to maximize her fame by selling this image but when it backfired on her, she wants claim she's a victim of the media. She's not a victim of the media. The media did not criticize her or report her as being the party to blame for the incident. What she's taking issue with is the public scrutiny that came with the publicity of the incident. In fairness, people took aim at her when it wasn't her statements that created chaos for the show, it was the singular decision and action of a producer that caused mayhem...and what that producer saw or what their intentions were that made them step forward with the complaint hasn't been revealed and probably won't. Corinne isn't to blame for what information was allowed to be leaked to the press and she isn't to blame for the producer stepping in (as she was completely unaware of things until she was told to leave). What Corinne is responsible for is agreeing to release a statement that prematurely labelled her as a victim by anyone. She should have waited until the results of the investigations were known. Corinne is also responsible for her actions that she has left open for others to judge because she sacrificed her own privacy, relationship and reputation to go on TV to make name for herself and extend her 15 minutes of fame. She shouldn't have been there in the first place...she had a boyfriend. Men get called out all of the time on the show for going when they've got a girl back home but that point has been completely overshadowed. Corinne can't want the publicity then claim to be a victim when it's bad publicity (which again, it wasn't publicity that was the issue, it was the criticism and judgment of public opinion that she has really taken issue with). As unfortunate as it is that there are keyboard warriors in this world, you wanted to capitalize on that for your own benefit. Don't cry wolf because it didn't work out the way you wanted it to. Take the good with the bad or tuck your tail and run back home and let the world live without seeing your face all over their TV screen. 

• Love 15
5 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

Corinne is also responsible for her actions that she has left open for others to judge because she sacrificed her own privacy, relationship and reputation to go on TV to make name for herself and extend her 15 minutes of fame.

And now, please, she should go away and never darken my screen again.  And I hope DeMario sues the crap out of her for the defamation of character that he will have to live with for the rest of his life, because she couldn't figure out not to drink while taking meds.  What a wench.

• Love 11
6 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

With the GMA appearance and this sit down with Chris Harrison talking about what happened, the irony is that Corinne has consistently said that she doesn't remember anything. It's hard for anyone to really sell Corinne's side of the story when Corinne doesn't even know what that is. This should not be getting as much publicity as it is. 

Also, Corinne is only trying to save face because she lawyered up too quick and released statements put together for her by her lawyer team. She originally claimed she was a victim and she fired shots at production for putting her safety on the line and not stepping in on a situation (which she admittedly doesn't remember so she can't say for certain if there were signs there that would warrant production to step in). Now she's a victim of the media. She really is a dummy. She wants to maximize her fame by selling this image but when it backfired on her, she wants claim she's a victim of the media. She's not a victim of the media. The media did not criticize her or report her as being the party to blame for the incident.

In fairness, people took aim at her when it wasn't her statements that created chaos for the show, it was the singular decision and action of a producer that caused mayhem...and what that producer saw or what their intentions were that made them step forward with the complaint hasn't been revealed and probably won't. 

Here's the thing, as far as I'm concerned.  The show said there is footage of the entire incident.  Not the footage we've already seen.  The shows says nothing non-consensual happened.  Presumably, the footage either supports that conclusion or is inconclusive on its own.  At the very least, by the Show's account, the footage must not demonstrate non-consensual conduct.

So . . . SHOW THE DAMNED FOOTAGE.  End the debate.  If the footage is inconclusive, tell us specifically what this "investigation" relied on to draw their conclusions.

Both DeMario and Corrine signed away any rights to privacy before they left for Mexico in the first place.  The show isn't above showing sexual stuff with the appropriate pixelization.  

I'm not convinced the producer or producers who lodged the Complaint (by some accounts I've read there was more than one complaint) were just doing it for PR/damage control for Corrine.  They were, and have, essentially thrown away their careers.  They're probably subject to non-disclosure agreements and binding-arbitration clauses that prevent them from going public with the specific substance of their concerns.

The Show could, but hasn't, made those complaints public for us to see.

Last week I said:

On 8/28/2017 at 1:02 AM, Alapaki said:

At this point, the show's interest is aligned with DeMario's in the sense of asserting (but not, interestingly, proving) that no non-consensual sexual contact occurred.  

This week I'll warn that, at this point, the show's interest in "blaming the media" (i.e. "fake news!") is aligned with Corrine's interest in the sense of perpetuating her victimhood, just redirecting the blame from the show/Corrine to "the media".

And so tonight we'll hear about how "victimized" Corrine felt by the way the media "blew the story out of proportion" and "lied about what happened", and "turned it into a racial thing".  None of which actually happened, but all of which provide a convenient straw man for the show to deflect and dissemble without ever revealing what actually happened.

• Love 3

Ok the truth of the matter is Corrine while on the Bachelor came out to be a sleazy bitch right off.  And it was no different for Bachelor in Paradise. She is such a liar about using her medication and booze. They skirt around it all so you actually never hear them say they "fucked" lets face it all the guys like her because she gives it away. So arrogant she is. Yes these types of shows do encourage it but she had just arrived and boom in the pool and going for it. I would be embarrassed to have a daughter like her. She is just a slut seriously.

• Love 11
5 hours ago, Myopinion72 said:

Ok the truth of the matter is Corrine while on the Bachelor came out to be a sleazy bitch right off.  And it was no different for Bachelor in Paradise. She is such a liar about using her medication and booze. They skirt around it all so you actually never hear them say they "fucked" lets face it all the guys like her because she gives it away. So arrogant she is. Yes these types of shows do encourage it but she had just arrived and boom in the pool and going for it. I would be embarrassed to have a daughter like her. She is just a slut seriously.

I have a daughter her age who would never act like that.  Her comment to me last night was the first thing they tell you when giving you any medication (and in this case, is bet it was an antidepressant or anti anxiety medication) is DO NOT MIX WITH ALCOHOL!

Part of the blame can go to her parents who turned her into the entitiled little bitch that she is.  Wonder what the multimillion dollar company she "ran" is doing without her?

• Love 8
17 minutes ago, Luvzmutt said:

Part of the blame can go to her parents who turned her into the entitiled little bitch that she is.

I would lay a lot of the blame on them because she comes off as someone who has never had to face a consequence for her actions ever in her life and that would be because her parents protected her from bad things like consequences. I'm pretty sure if she got into a hit and run and killed someone they'd hire the best lawyer available and make sure she never suffered for her crimes. This is the result of thinking we need to shelter our children from bad consequences and make them all think they are special. They become wreckless entitled brats who don't understand that yes, you will be judged on the things you choose to do in life.

• Love 13

There's a part of me that's rooting for these two crazy kids to make it. HAHAHAHAAHA I would love for them to get together and end up being one of the strongest couples to come out of this shit show. Just for the irony of it. Just to flash a big old spotlight on how stupid this whole thing is.

• Love 2

I didn't see TMZ last night, but I just heard on Ryan Seacrest's radio show about Demario and Corinne leaving a club together last night, her kissing him and hanging all over him. And he said, "My PR is going to hate me tomorrow." I guess now there will be no producer to stop them from ... whatever, plus now they are "celebrities" being followed by paps. So ... bring on your new reality show, Corinne. Demario can be your first guest.

On ‎8‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 4:07 PM, Alapaki said:

So . . . SHOW THE DAMNED FOOTAGE.  End the debate.  If the footage is inconclusive, tell us specifically what this "investigation" relied on to draw their conclusions.

Both DeMario and Corrine signed away any rights to privacy before they left for Mexico in the first place.  The show isn't above showing sexual stuff with the appropriate pixelization.  

They can't show oral sex on network TV.  Of course they could show the footage leading up to that but since all the investigations are over they probably won't, because it looks like they want to maintain their relationship with both parties for future appearances on the show.

• Love 2

BIP did show the footage leading up to the oral-sex incident. Corinne went into the pool and pulled Demario in. Dean was watching and made comments to the camera. That clip is on TMZ's site if anyone wants to rewatch. Meanwhile, TMZ reports Demario is being swamped with "hot chicks" wanting to be with him, plus he is negotiating with DWTS. I really don't want to see or hear anything about these two any more, but both will be on the BIP reunion show, it is reported. Ugh. Big giant UGH.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Palomar said:

They can't show oral sex on network TV. 

They've gotten pretty darned close in the past.  I'm sure I recall an instance where they showed what was clearly either a blow-job or hand-job being given in the hot-tub on BiP.  Quaintly, that's back when that sort of thing was frowned upon in Bachelor Nation.

1 hour ago, saber5055 said:

BIP did show the footage leading up to the oral-sex incident.

But we don't know how soon before the ultimately incident the footage we saw took place.  They could've been two separate things.  I don't think they've ever made that clear.

We know what DeMario said happened (which doesn't make him look good at all).  We know Corrine's story is that she can't recall what happened at all.  And we know that TPTB have seen the footage of what happened.

But they refuse to show us the footage.  In fact, Chris has never even described what the footage shows.  Isn't that curious?  

TPTB have obviously decided that "blaming the media" and playing the race card is going to be their defense here, along with some slut-shaming of Corrine that she's too fucking stupid to even recognize.  

• Love 2
4 hours ago, saber5055 said:

plus he is negotiating with DWTS. 

I have a VERY hard time believing that ABC would reward his behavior with a DWTS slot.   I don't think there's any negotiation.  Maybe him begging. 

Never has any of the contestants had an accusation of infidelity and sexual impropriety as the SOLE reason for their celebrity.  He's a nobody that got caught in the limelight because he likes skanky women and behaved disgustingly on a reality show.  He's no star and putting him next to individuals with REAL achievements would be so insulting to them. 

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, leighdear said:

He's no star and putting him next to individuals with REAL achievements would be so insulting to them. 

I completely agree with you, @leighdear, but let's not forget that DWTS is the show that cast Kate Gosselin and Bristol Palin (twice). I'm sure DeMario is not their top "star", but I wouldn't be surprised if they give him a call if somebody drops out or gets injured at the last minute. That's how Melissa Rycroft ended up on the show, and at that time the only thing she was known for was being dumped by Jason during the live ATFR.

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

Yeah DWTS is scraping the bottom of the barrel now as far as attracting, you know, "stars," so it wouldn't surprise me if they were courting DeMario. 

I see no evidence that DWTS is so desperate that they would be courting some guy who got booted in like the third episode from the Bachelorette season for having a secret girlfriend and then got involved in some sex scandal on the franchise. Yes, they like controversy but they try to go for people like Sean Spicer, not DeMario "what the hell is his last name". And the media has been releasing practically the entire cast and he's not on. 

Actually, Melissa Rycroft was a previous VERY popular Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader before she was on The Bachelor.  

Kate & Bristol weren't stellar choices, but both were well known before they became media pariah's.   

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, truthaboutluv said:

I see no evidence that DWTS is so desperate that they would be courting some guy who got booted in like the third episode from the Bachelorette season for having a secret girlfriend and then got involved in some sex scandal on the franchise. Yes, they like controversy but they try to go for people like Sean Spicer, not DeMario "what the hell is his last name". And the media has been releasing practically the entire cast and he's not on. 

They got Ryan Lochte, right after the Brazil fiasco.

And as far as "what the hell is his last name," I assume you mean will people know who he is?  Well, I've got some names of past contestants that I, personally never heard of, like: Kenny Mayne, Monique Coleman, Shanda Finnessey.  How about Albert Reed?  Or Marissa Jaret Winokur.  Maybe Chuck Wicks?  

I know what you're saying but I merely said that it wouldn't surprise me if they were courting DeMario.  I don't think I can make myself any clearer than that.

YMMV.

Edited by Ohwell
  • Love 5

Didn't they take some Duck Dynasty daughter or something? I don't think DWTS standards are any higher than Bachelor in Paradise. Hell, maybe it's time for a crossover. Rather than watching these loser sit on a beach all day, they have to learn to dance, sort of Bachelor Dirty Dancing. Don't like your dance partner, don't worry, a new one is coming down the stairs any second. They still hand out roses based on who they want to "dance" with next.

• Love 4
40 minutes ago, Mabinogia said:

Hell, maybe it's time for a crossover. Rather than watching these loser sit on a beach all day, they have to learn to dance, sort of Bachelor Dirty Dancing.

They did have a dance challenge on the first season of Bachelor Pad. Some of the DWTS pros came in to teach the BP couples a dance routine. It was so much more fun when the participants had things to do besides drink and hook up.

Edited by chocolatine
  • Love 5

I never actually saw Bachelor Pad but from everything I've read it sounds a lot more fun and interesting than watching annoying idiots drinking at a low rent beach resort. Bach in Paradise is like a cheesy B horror film that never gets to the fun part where the homicidal maniac starts picking them off. Hmm, another possible new direction for the show. 

• Love 4

It's in the Spoiler and Speculation Forum.

Derek is an idiot.  Taylor didn't bother me in her season of The Bachelor, but she sure thinks highly of herself on BiP.  That meltdown over Derek jokingly saying "F you" was ridiculous!  She needs to get over herself.

• Love 4

I think when a lot of these couples get "engaged" it's just to extend their 15 minutes of famewhoring.  So I'll just wait and see if Derek and Taylor actually get married.  

Now regarding the "F you" fiasco, I did think it was a rather strange thing to say to someone you're dating, even jokingly.  I got the impression that deep down inside he was annoyed with her and her know-it-all, condescending attitude.  Which is another reason why I'm not holding my breath for them to actually get married.

Edited by OnceSane
Added spoiler tags
  • Love 4