Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
David T. Cole

Bachelor in Paradise in the Media

Recommended Posts

The only reason I think that DWTS may have been negotiating with Demario was if that was a part of a settlement ABC made with him.  I think he got something from him due to how the media was speculating about what did/didn't happen and the length of time it took to kind of clear his name.

Share this post


Link to post

Settlements are usually private. Where non-disclosure requirements are standard and the details aren't made public.  They are the result of a dispute or a conflict.  Where did Demario have any dispute or conflict with ABC?  They didn't do anything TO him.  They didn't make him get drunk or force him to be with Corinne.  They didn't accuse him of sexual abuse.  They didn't say he was a predator or make any statements about his character or lack of it. 

I just don't get how ABC is at fault for what Demario and Corrine did and why they are supposed to compensate him MORE than what they paid him to be on the show. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

DWTS is full of people I've never heard of, every season. So it wouldn't surprise me if Demario were cast. Nick Viale was on last season, and Demario has had almost as much air time as Nick, even with Nick's three times on reality-tv shows. Meanwhile, I just saw the Demario/Corinne leaving-the-club clip on TMZ. Holy cow, she "climbs" him and starts kissing him, her sweater unbuttoned to there to reveal all her boobage. She hangs on him for a long time, waving her arm around. (Translation: "Can everyone see me? Is everyone taking videos of me?") Then she walks away with her girlfriend, stumbling in her heels. Because, you know, alcohol doesn't mix with her "prescription." My guess: She doesn't remember this happening. *cough* Although a voice, resumed to be Demario, calls after her: "Cor, call me when you get home." or something like that. Gah, famewhores.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
58 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

DWTS is full of people I've never heard of, every season. So it wouldn't surprise me if Demario were cast. Nick Viale was on last season, and Demario has had almost as much air time as Nick, even with Nick's three times on reality-tv shows.

Nick was on DWTS after being the lead, which was in line with other Bachelor leads who had been cast. The show has never cast someone who left in like the second episode of the season and left for "wrong reasons" of having a secret girlfriend. If Demario actually ends up on DWTS, which I don't think will happen, then I will seriously consider the idea that he had grounds to sue ABC for what happened with the BIP scandal and that was one of his demands to stay quiet and play nice. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Ugh - I made the mistake of listening to Ben & Ashley I again.  They finished with a segment about the "virgin shaming" that happened this season. I swear, these two have no idea where their blind sides are, and really should have had a conflicting voice. 

They were reallydown on Jasmine's comments about Christen, and yes, IMO, Jasmine was a bit mean about Christen, but was that virgin shaming? No - that was a  joke.  Not a great joke, but par for the course of this show. 

Ben seems to think that its not unusual for their to be 29 year old virgins.  I agree, its not unheard of (though most people who are interested in saving it for marriage seem to get married younger, and therefore arent still virgins at 29 like Ashley I). But you know where it is unusual? On a show about hooking up on the beach like Bachelor in Paradise. 

And also... you know who never got shamed about her virginity? Becca.  You know why? She didnt talk about it nonstop.  And she didnt go on Bachelor in paradise - a show literally about the coupling and recoupling of hot adults. 

If you hold something up as a shiny object that makes you better than other people? That thing will inherently become a target for other people. Christen brought it on herself, and I have no sympathy at all.  

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

Well, to toss some dirt on this dead horse, on July 31, TMZ (and a bunch of other places, including Fox News) reported that Demario's publicist was contacted by DWTS and was in talks for Demario to be on that show. http://www.tmz.com/2017/07/31/demario-jackson-dancing-with-the-stars/ Then Aug. 8, Variety reported that Demario (and Sean Spicer) will not be on DWTS. http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/dancing-with-the-stars-demario-jackson-sean-spicer-1202516618/ DWTS reports that no one from Bachelor Nation will be cast on season 25. And that's all I have to say about that.

Sorry, I can't do paragraphs without a second post (like this one) or do links.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, saber5055 said:

Well, to toss some dirt on this dead horse, on July 31, TMZ (and a bunch of other places, including Fox News) reported that Demario's publicist was contacted by DWTS and was in talks for Demario to be on that show. http://www.tmz.com/2017/07/31/demario-jackson-dancing-with-the-stars/ Then Aug. 8, Variety reported that Demario (and Sean Spicer) will not be on DWTS. http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/dancing-with-the-stars-demario-jackson-sean-spicer-1202516618/ DWTS reports that no one from Bachelor Nation will be cast on season 25. And that's all I have to say about that.

Sorry, I can't do paragraphs without a second post (like this one) or do links.

I heard the same thing (at least about DeMario) but it was on Entertainment Tonight. That was at least 2weeks ago or more so it aligns with the Aug 8 date you gave. 

Edited by yorklee2
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I wonder just what it means to be "in talks," with DWTS?  I'm betting they give a small dancing test before things get too far.  If someone just has no sense of rhythm, or can't take directions at all, the talks end.  I can picture DeMario not listening to the choreographer, instructions having to repeated over and over, and trying to bluff moves  -- just like every time Rachel tried to talk to him.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

LOL! Not having rhythm or being able to follow direction hasn't stopped a lot of people from being on DWTS! I somehow couldn't see someone whose only claim to fame is a reality-tv sex scandal being on that show however, even if it hasn't been very "family friendly" these days what with so much of its costuming and routines being R rated (IMO).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

DWTS is a lot like BiP these days. If they think DeMario will bring in viewers they don't care why, they just want ratings. I'm kind of surprised they wouldn't go after Corinne since she was the more talked about one in the scandal but I guess I'm wrong, they do have some kind of standards. lol That it's DeMario is the one thing that makes me suspect it could be a kind of payoff for him not pushing them to claim any kind of responsibility in the unfortunate event. I don't necessarily think that's the case, they are just considering anyone cheap that they think will get buzz and viewers. I think DeMario's buzz is over so I doubt he'll be on anything better than those other crap dating shows of the semi-famous trying to keep their faces on TV. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
On ‎9‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 5:37 AM, JudyObscure said:

I wonder just what it means to be "in talks," with DWTS?  I'm betting they give a small dancing test before things get too far.  If someone just has no sense of rhythm, or can't take directions at all, the talks end.  I can picture DeMario not listening to the choreographer, instructions having to repeated over and over, and trying to bluff moves  -- just like every time Rachel tried to talk to him.

No, that's not how the show goes.   Someone who is a "star" in some sense, but not a dancer, gets paired with a professional dancer who teaches them how to dance.  Having no skills or rhythm is what they're looking for, someone who can't dance at all, and improves during the season.  Having some sort of personality that draws viewers in is what they want. 

That said -  I don't think DeMario rates as a "star".  There have been stars I had never heard of on DWTS, but that's because they're on a tv show I don't watch, or play a sport. DeMario's claim to fame is too obscure.   

Being "In talks" with DWTS, could even mean He wrote to them, and they don't want him. 

6 hours ago, nutty1 said:

DeMario calling Rachel out.....

https://www.yahoo.com/celebrity/demario ... 16437.html

I don't see the story there. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, backformore said:

No, that's not how the show goes.   Someone who is a "star" in some sense, but not a dancer, gets paired with a professional dancer who teaches them how to dance.  Having no skills or rhythm is what they're looking for, someone who can't dance at all, and improves during the season.  Having some sort of personality that draws viewers in is what they want. 

That said -  I don't think DeMario rates as a "star".  There have been stars I had never heard of on DWTS, but that's because they're on a tv show I don't watch, or play a sport. DeMario's claim to fame is too obscure.   

Being "In talks" with DWTS, could even mean He wrote to them, and they don't want him. 

I don't see the story there. 

I fixed it, see if that works.

Share this post


Link to post

Was wondering when the Rachel and DeMario saga would find its way over here. I observed this whole thing go down during the weekend and in my opinion, DeMario is a complete loser who is desperate for any bit of attention. Admittedly that's like 90 percent of the people who've been on these shows but I think what I find baffling and almost creepy about him, is how he seems to truly hate Rachel like she did something to him. It's like he's still bitter over hoow she dragged him, deservedly, on her season, after his lying ass was exposed. 

The first time he came for her was on some podcast interview where he declared that he and the other black guys just all knew the first night she would bring one black guy to the end as a "token black" and ultimately pick a white man because that's who she was interested in. According to him, Rachel just had that vibe. The irony of course is that he was on there just having been with a white woman; Will, one of the black guys on the season, only dates white women and Eric just did an interview yesterday admitting that in the last SIX years, he's only dated white women. Yet Rachel, who by all accounts, last serious relationship was with a black man, is getting dragged as having the "vibe" of only wanting white men. 

And then this latest mess. Yes, Rachel had to know her tweet would get people talking and speculating and in that vein was childish on her part. But the fact is she never mentioned anyone directly or called anyone out specifically. DeMario knew exactly what he was doing in his response. He could have just said he found real friendships there but instead he had to use the opportunity to take a dig at her relationship, telling her maybe she'll find real love next year on BIP. Dude just seems vicious and nasty towards someone who has really done nothing to him. Meanwhile, he's been all up on Corinne, the white woman who was the center of the controversy that had him labelled across the internet as a predator and rapist. Oh the irony. 

By the way, of course Reality Steve had his say on the whole saga because of course people were tweeting and asking him about it. According to him, what he's heard is that yes, Rachel's feeling of betrayal did have something to do with DeMario and one of her "squad" friends. Reality Steve admits that she did have the right to feel betrayed and hurt but he thinks it was a mistake and silly of her to take it to social media. That she should have just kept it behind closed doors. In any case, Rachel wisely did not respond to DeMario's post, likely realizing that's exactly what he wanted, to get himself more press and attention. Most are convinced that was Bryan's influence as Bryan to his credit, never seems to engage with any negative stuff on social media. And Rachel has said throughout the season and since it ended, that she can be a lot and get real extra, while Bryan is very calm and level headed and a good balance for her in that sense. She's said multiple times that he keeps her grounded and sane. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

Yes, Rachel had to know her tweet would get people talking and speculating and in that vein was childish on her part. But the fact is she never mentioned anyone directly or called anyone out specifically. DeMario knew exactly what he was doing in his response.

I agree with everything you say, with one addition: Rachel is an idiot for responding.  DeMario gets way less airplay if she lets it go.  This is keeping him in the limelight which is exactly what he wants. Its also keeping his name linked to hers, which cant be what Rachel wants.  

Go High, Rachel. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, fib said:

I agree with everything you say, with one addition: Rachel is an idiot for responding.  DeMario gets way less airplay if she lets it go.  This is keeping him in the limelight which is exactly what he wants. Its also keeping his name linked to hers, which cant be what Rachel wants.  

Go High, Rachel. 

She didn't respond though. She made her tweet first, which was kept vague. People were actually speculating that it had to do with one of the women she was friends and no one was even talking about DeMario. DeMario responded to her tweet with his Instagram post that basically insulted her and her relationship with Bryan. She has yet to acknowledge his Instagram post. The only thing she's done since DeMario's post, is post about ways to help Hurricane Harvey victims, she and Bryan volunteered at a center where they were sorting through donations and she's appearing on some ESPN show either today or tomorrow.

One reason most are speculating that it was partly Bryan's influence for why she is wisely ignoring DeMario, is because hours after DeMario's post, Bryan made an Instagram post talking about amazing she is and she responded to it by thanking him for making her a better person. They really do remind in a lot of ways of the dynamic between Kaitlyn and Shawn in that both women can be a bit much in personality (though thankfully I see no signs so far that Rachel is potential alcoholic like Kaitlyn) and both guys just sort of quietly accept and love them as is.

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, truthaboutluv said:

She didn't respond though. She made her tweet first, which was kept vague. People were actually speculating that it had to do with one of the women she was friends and no one was even talking about DeMario. DeMario responded to her tweet with his Instagram post that basically insulted her and her relationship with Bryan. She has yet to acknowledge his Instagram post. The only thing she's done since DeMario's post, is post about ways to help Hurricane Harvey victims, she and Bryan volunteered at a center where they were sorting through donations and she's appearing on some ESPN show either today or tomorrow.

One reason most are speculating that it was partly Bryan's influence for why she is wisely ignoring DeMario, is because hours after DeMario's post, Bryan made an Instagram post talking about amazing she is and she responded to it by thanking him for making her a better person. They really do remind in a lot of ways of the dynamic between Kaitlyn and Shawn in that both women can be a bit much in personality (though thankfully I see no signs so far that Rachel is potential alcoholic like Kaitlyn) and both guys just sort of quietly accept and love them as is.

I'm sorry - let me rephrase: Rachel is an idiot for responding to someone in Bachelor world's perceived affront by posting vague attacks on social media.  

The one thing I wanted for her at the start of all this? A good PR person to help her navigate the minefield of this world.  She has done a remarkable job (she is no Jason Mesnick, stepping on every mine in the minefield), but she has had some missteps.  IMHO, this tweet is one of them. 

Of course your Bachelor world "friends" are fickle.  Everyone in Bachelor world is in it for fame and glory and instagramillions.  Even St Sean Lowe. They arent your real friends (as Corinne learned with her producer 'friend'), they are your social media friends, whose retweets and responses help you earn  $$$$.  If Rachel wants to be the next Jesse Palmer to come out of this franchise, she needs to avoid the unnecessary drama in public. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

This shocks and saddens almost as much as the Nick and Vanessa split.  I am flabbergasted that they couldn't make it work.   Oh alas.   Oh alas.

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post

It never really seemed like Amanda was into Robby.  It almost seemed like an "in your face revenge " type of  relationship for Josh's sake (and to stay in Paradise).

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Palomar said:

It never really seemed like Amanda was into Robby

I agree.  The last time she gave him a rose she looked like she was about to get physically ill.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
19 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I agree.  The last time she gave him a rose she looked like she was about to get physically ill.

And add into that every time he went in for a kiss she looked almost sick.  Nope this one was not to be and I think they stayed together even this long with texts and twitter just for the show.  Had they gone their separate ways earlier when the show was still going on it would not have been so dramatic for BIP. Next week is the finale.  I think they lasted as long as she could stand him.

Honestly I think she needs to 'take a rest'!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

Had they gone their separate ways earlier when the show was still going on it would not have been so dramatic for BIP. Next week is the finale.  I think they lasted as long as she could stand him.

It is pretty surprising, though, that she couldn't drag things out for just one more week until the finale aired.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, ByTor said:

It is pretty surprising, though, that she couldn't drag things out for just one more week until the finale aired.

Yep but maybe he was just toooo icky or maybe somebody else came along.  Who knows!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Jeanne222 said:

Yep but maybe he was just toooo icky or maybe somebody else came along.  Who knows!

Hey, maybe he suddenly developed a love of scallops, and we all know how she feels about scallop fingers! :)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Oh, wow, I googled Jef Holm, Emily's ex, to see what shade he's throwing on Arie being named The Bach. Turns out Jef and our Russian girlfriend Kristina were dating right up until she left for BIP. And Robbie and Chase are living with Jef in his Venice Beach house, all roommates. Meanwhile, supposedly Jef wants back in Bachelor Nation but it's no go with Fleiss due to his being a prima donna on Emily's season. Man, all this Bachelor Nation swapping makes my head explode.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

Oh good, that means Amanda will be back NEXT year, right?

Blech!!!

Seriously, is she going to be doing more interviews, to promote shit, so she can continue to  have this be her primary source of income?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
19 hours ago, saber5055 said:

Turns out Jef and our Russian girlfriend Kristina were dating right up until she left for BIP. And Robbie and Chase are living with Jef in his Venice Beach house, all roommates

  Kristina really likes the teen-dream type doesn't she?  They all act like they can't date outside their small circle of failed fame whores and it gets to be somewhat incestuous with people like Amanda dating men who are roommates and friends.  She's way too old to be playing these high school dating games.  She should be looking for a stable, settled man, with a good job, living close to her mother or whoever it is who raises her children.

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
53 minutes ago, JudyObscure said:

  Kristina really likes the teen-dream type doesn't she?  They all act like they can't date outside their small circle of failed fame whores and it gets to be somewhat incestuous with people like Amanda dating men who are roommates and friends.  She's way too old to be playing these high school dating games.  She should be looking for a stable, settled man, with a good job, living close to her mother or whoever it is who raises her children.

Wow, they all need to expand the dating pool!  Someday, someone is going to come up with a Six Degrees of Bachelor Nation game or at least one of those maps with arrows that show how they are all connected.  It's amazing how they all know each other, even from different seasons, etc.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, JudyObscure said:

  Kristina really likes the teen-dream type doesn't she?  They all act like they can't date outside their small circle of failed fame whores and it gets to be somewhat incestuous with people like Amanda dating men who are roommates and friends.  She's way too old to be playing these high school dating games.  She should be looking for a stable, settled man, with a good job, living close to her mother or whoever it is who raises her children.

Amanda needs to focus on raising her kids -  not finding a "new daddy"  for them.   If she meets a guy, then she meets one.  but she seems desperate and not focused on the right priorities.   Yeah, that's judgey of me.  So what?  Once you're a parent, your kids NEED to be your #1 priority. 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
19 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

I see no reason why Amanda can't do both--raise her kids and look for a relationship.  Just not on this show.  

It seems like in Amanda's mind her only options are celebrity dating apps or Bachelor Nation, and since the former all turned her down, we'll be stuck with her into perpetuity.

Edited by chocolatine
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

Palomar, I'd LOVE for someone to do a wall of Six Degrees of Bachelor Nation, with photos connected by red string and push pins. The wall would look like something from NCIS or Person of Interest. Or Silence of the Lambs, more likely! All that red string and multi push pins would obliterate the photos in short measure. As for Amanda, my thinking is her kids are better off with whomever is caring for them while Amanda famewhores her way into old age. Then her kids will have their turn, and dump her in an old-people's home and desert her. You know ... that karma thing.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I've got no problem with Amanda dating or even being on the show.  However, her need to make all these men part of her kids lives (and the show), that's what's screwed up. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

For those so inclined, "Bachelor in Paradise'' contestants Dean Unglert, Kristina Schulman and Danielle Lombard are on tomorrow's Ellen show, Monday, Sept. 11.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

For those so inclined, "Bachelor in Paradise'' contestants Dean Unglert, Kristina Schulman and Danielle Lombard are on tomorrow's Ellen show, Monday, Sept. 11.

To talk some more about the stupid love triangle? Ugh.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Oh, I suppose I'll be tuning into Ellen, if I remember. (Big "if" there.) I wish Ellen would ask Kristina how Dean compares to Jef Holmes since they are almost identical in looks and in horndog ways, if Internet stories are to be believed.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

After watching Corinne's interview on Access Hollywood Live, even if I wanted to believe her "story" about pills, blackouts, etc...I definitely don't believe there's one iota of truth to what actually transpired in Paradise. Her hesitant speech, looking away from the interviewers, and not wanting to answer certain questions just tells me it's all bullshit, and she has one helluva great spin doctor on retainer. 

And supposedly she's in talks for a couple of TV shows (reality and/or sitcom). Oh please, give us all a fuckin' break, Corinne, and go away...NOW!!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

D.Lo posted a "statement" on Instagram.

TL; DR:

1) People hate me because I'm hot.

2) "Dean and I's" relationship was more than just physical. Here's a photo of us making out, with his hand in the vicinity of my "V.Lo."

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

We have a tendency to become defensive when we see someone physically in pain, but just because they never showed me crying or being upset doesn't mean that I wasn't.

What does that even mean? It sounds like a bunch of her brain cells imploded in this attempt to sound articulate.

Edited by chocolatine
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

"Dean and I's connection" yep, way to sound intelligent. No wonder people judge her on her looks. She's better off that way.

I don't think she is a terrible person, I just don't think she's any brighter than any of these other dim bulbs and got played by the pettyboy manchild. Pity, cause she seems genuinely sweet and could do so much better.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

What does that even mean?

It's poorly worded but based on the context, my best guess is that she's commenting on how people may have largely taken up and defended Kristina in the triangle situation because Kristina was more visible in her anger and hurt over everything. I think DLo is trying to say that just because she didn't show that outward emotion for everyone to see didn't mean that she wasn't feeling hurt over the situation.

Edit: DLo was portrayed in the same fashion on Nick's season - dull personality with only surface level conversation. Either she's being edited into a typecast or she's not as deep as she thinks she is.

Edited by RHJunkie
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 2017-09-07 at 7:04 PM, saber5055 said:

Oh, wow, I googled Jef Holm, Emily's ex, to see what shade he's throwing on Arie being named The Bach. Turns out Jef and our Russian girlfriend Kristina were dating right up until she left for BIP. And Robbie and Chase are living with Jef in his Venice Beach house, all roommates. Meanwhile, supposedly Jef wants back in Bachelor Nation but it's no go with Fleiss due to his being a prima donna on Emily's season. Man, all this Bachelor Nation swapping makes my head explode.

Is there like a Bachelor secret society where all former castmates meet, become friends, hook up, date and/or live with each other? There's so many cross over relationships and hook ups...it's like Bachelor incest...keeping it all in the family, haha.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

I think DLo is trying to say that just because she didn't show that outward emotion for everyone to see didn't mean that she wasn't feeling hurt over the situation.

The difference is, she put herself in that situation. Kristina was reacting to something that happened to her, Dean moved on to another woman. Dean was with someone when DLo hooked up with him, so she knew she was getting into a triangle. That is why I find it slightly easier to sympathize with Kristina, who was practically picking out wedding china after the "hometown date". DLo knew she was going for someone else's guy. She has every right to, he wasn't exclusive, but she had to know it was going to be an issue. She's not that dumb....right? I mean, she does say Dean and I's, so she's not that smart either. But come on! You're going after a guy who just can't seem to quit his other woman.

Both women were idiots, IMO. Dean wasn't into either of them enough to not still want the other one.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size