Type keyword(s) to search

Bachelor in Paradise in the Media

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, dleighg said:

those unlined "corset" dresses on 'Say Yes to the Dress' (yes I'm embarrassed to admit I sometimes watch it) are even worse IMHO. Why why why.

Yes!  those dresses that cost thousands, and look like the foundation garment you would wear UNDER a wedding dress. 

Didn't Carly want to throw up because they had some contest where they had to eat a pepper and then kiss for a long time?  Or am I getting it wrong?

• Love 8

Not sure how much she paid for the dress, but if it's a lot, she got ripped off. Looks like an old prom dress that was kept in the attic for 10 years.

I guess since they are not a star couple like Jade and Tanner, they got a cheaper budget.

(edited)
10 hours ago, hyacinth said:

Since when did people who watch reality TV shows have standards?   :-)   

One of my favorite reality TV moments was on the Surreal Life in 2005 when Verne Troyer (Mini-Me) got so drunk that he got on his little scooter naked and then jumped off and laboriously peed in a corner of a room.   A high cheek-boned male Swedish model said "You're... naked" and then a door curtain rod fell on Peter Brady's head.  

I personally have no reality TV standards at all. 

OMG! This made me laugh for 5 minutes straight! That was definitely a top reality show moment! I didn't remember the curtain rod falling on Peter Brady's head, but that detail really added to the scene you painted.

i had to look up a clip of this for nostalgic viewing: http://www.vh1.com/video-clips/1lzb7d/digital-videos-reality-tv-nostalgia-verne-troyer-gets-piss-drunk-on-the-surreal-life

3 hours ago, backformore said:

Didn't Carly want to throw up because they had some contest where they had to eat a pepper and then kiss for a long time?  Or am I getting it wrong?

Yes, I also recall them eating a hot pepper or having to hold it in their mouths or something. She definitely did NOT want to kiss Evan. However, she vomited over the hot pepper, not because she was so repulsed by Evan. I mean, maybe that could have been a contributing factor, lol.

Edited by JenE4
  • Love 7
10 hours ago, fib said:

Eh. Dress isnt my taste, but it seems like Carly's.  Its better in the photos linked than I thought it was from the first small pic.  I think its sort of beachy , and im sure her undies werent visible except in the really bright lights of the people photogs.  God i hope so anyway!

Whenever I get married I wear much sexier underpants, especially when they're under a see-through wedding gown. Which I would get for free, like the rest of the wedding, because I promise to post it all over Instagram.

• Love 6
10 hours ago, F. M. said:

http://money.cnn.com/2017/06/21/media/bachelor-in-paradise-contract/

This is there iron clad contract, they really can do what they want with you...

'The Bachelor' franchise: For love and money

That line reminded me of how much I miss For Love or Money. That was quality reality TV right there.

I wonder what will happen to the producer now that this is mostly over. She can't work on the show again, I mean she could but if I was in charge of BIP I'd fire her. Corrine may not come back here, but she could still get her own reality show on E or something.

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Interesting...I never heard this:

So you can let them sully your name and reputation, all for five minutes of fame? I could never allow this, never..

51 minutes ago, Artsda said:

So what is Corrinne's goal here. lol  She can't even sue them. 

I know, right? Something doesn't pass the smell test! 

Corinne's boyfriend should have just said "don't want to miss my 15 seconds of fame either and rack up some pity Instragram love so I'm going to pretend that her going off to Mexico and being drunk and making out with multiple guys never, ever happened".  

• Love 11
1 hour ago, meatball77 said:

I remember someone talking about the contract for SYTYCD and how she walked away because of what it said they could do to your image.  It's par for the course in reality tv.

Someone sued Kitchen Nightmares a few years back and the contract came out in that lawsuit. 

It, also, basically said that the show reserves the right to completely and knowingly misrepresent the people they film. 

3 hours ago, chocolatine said:

The binding arbitration part is nothing out of the ordinary, I've had it in my employment contracts when I worked for very large, publicly traded companies.

Unfortunately it is common. And it's a disgrace. 

It basically deprives people of a trial by jury, and ensures a venue that is bought and paid for by the show. 

It also ensures confidentiality that would never fly in a regular court case.

• Love 1
On 6/20/2017 at 1:00 PM, CindyBee said:

Filming is to resume!

Guess Amanda's quest for a ring isn't over.  Raven too!

Fucking a!  I knew Chris Harrison could fix it.  Carly gets her Princess moment, and we get to bitch about it.  Thank you baby Jesus!

• Love 6
13 hours ago, F. M. said:

http://money.cnn.com/2017/06/21/media/bachelor-in-paradise-contract/

This is there iron clad contract, they really can do what they want with you...

Looks like Corinne's lawyer is aiming for a loop hole, perhaps knowing one will not be found, but might as well soak daddy for as much as he can.  The tape shows no rape and good enough for Warner Bros who must have a good law team.  

4 minutes ago, Mu Shu said:

Fucking a!  I knew Chris Harrison could fix it.  Carly gets her Princess moment, and we get to bitch about it.  Thank you baby Jesus!

Love you! 

• Love 5
(edited)

I still can't get over what Corinne's boyfriend looks like.  When I 1st saw the picture I wondered why it was a picture of her with Nick!

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I still can't get over what Corinne's boyfriend looks like.  When I 1st saw the picture I wondered why it was a picture of her with Nick!

I'm just glad she has one , and can stay off my screen. Poisonous little gnome 

• Love 9
31 minutes ago, F. M. said:

I'm just glad she has one , and can stay off my screen. Poisonous little gnome 

She is trouble, no network wants to take the chance on someone who 'lawyered up.'  Stupid expression and akin to chefs saying I am going to 'roast that off.'   

• Love 2

Carly and Evan...eww. He must be the least attractive guy ever on these shows...beady little eyes and so obsessed with Chad

I thought Carly was ok but fugly on Bach but I couldnt stand her on BIP2...she was so SMUG.. .so sure of herself..."the couples".. So dismissive of the uncoupled women....so sure of her "relationship" with Kirk she didnt even comb her hair. i enjoyed her dumping

Then she didnt seem to think much of Evan BIP3.. He liked Amanda ..no chance.. But they settled....as I said "Lowered Expectations" dating service MADtv...Thanks for correvting me haha. Carly was ready to settle for a plastic blow up doll if it meant attention and instagram fame and a place in Bachelor Nation haha

• Love 6
10 hours ago, CheezyXpressed said:

'The Bachelor' franchise: For love and money

That line reminded me of how much I miss For Love or Money. That was quality reality TV right there.

<snipped>

Ohhhhg...I loved For Love or Money...Erin is still biggest prize winner in reality tv I think. Two million $ it was a neat twist and reality gold with many scandals haha I loved the resorts they filmed at also

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Ripley68 said:

Dimario says he's not coming back to BiP....too stressed out, in therapy....yada yada yada.   I sense an angling for redemption bachelor?

I don't think he'd get it. Although it won't stop him from trying! 

• Love 2

Word on the street (evening entertainment shows) is Demario was asked back, Corinne was not.  She has been banned, so they say.  I doubt that was a formal statement but you know she will not ever be part of this franchise again. .  She is suing them.   Claiming she was banned was a dramatic way to say the obvious.  

• Love 2
11 hours ago, portergirl99 said:

Corrine's boyfriend is sticking by her side

His words:  “I pay very little attention to the media and try to ignore all the conjecture surrounding my relationship with Corinne,” he said. “

"The only two people who know the true disposition of our relationship is Corinne and I.

*sigh* 

Not a big deal.  He knew she was doing it for the money which would have benefited him had things turned out differently.   And daddy might have give him a bonus for speaking in favor of his daughter.  I am going with the latter. 

17 hours ago, MakeMeLaugh said:

Whenever I get married

How often do you get married? *wonders*

4 hours ago, Stillhoping said:

Carly was ready to settle for a plastic blow up doll if it meant attention and instagram fame and a place in Bachelor Nation haha

Well, I think a lot of the women may be keen on Adam Jr this year so maybe she 'settled' one season early!

• Love 6
50 minutes ago, Wandering Snark said:

Well, I think a lot of the women may be keen on Adam Jr this year so maybe she 'settled' one season early!

I am one of those women keen on Adam Jr. To be fair, AJ is so much more attractive than Evan. He has lovely eyes, a sick fade and speaks sexy French. Evan only wishes. Lol! Just kidding. But not really. They need to bring the AJ gag to Bachelor in Paradise. 

• Love 2
(edited)
4 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

How often do you get married? *wonders*

Wait, did you just step on my joke? :)

Edited by MakeMeLaugh
8 hours ago, Ripley68 said:

Dimario says he's not coming back to BiP....too stressed out, in therapy....yada yada yada.   I sense an angling for redemption bachelor?

No way TPTB would take that kind of chance.  He'd have to do a Nick and do a redemption BiP first to prove audiences would accept him as the Bachelor.

18 hours ago, portergirl99 said:

Corrine's boyfriend is sticking by her side

His words:  “I pay very little attention to the media and try to ignore all the conjecture surrounding my relationship with Corinne,” he said. “

"The only two people who know the true disposition of our relationship is Corinne and I.

*sigh* 

Yeah, I never did think Corinne was worried about her relationship with her boyfriend, it was all  worry that she might not get her own show. 

Men who choose women like Corinne usually aren't the usual jealous types, they're more the type who is proud of how many other guys are drooling over their wife.  They're the type who marry strippers and Playboy centerfolds.  Tanner was talking about how all the other guys were panting to meet Jade before she even arrived at BIP that year.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Ripley68 said:

I sense an angling for a financial settlement.

• Love 11
On 6/21/2017 at 9:06 AM, Mabinogia said:

I certainly don't think the show set this up for publicity. 

I just don't see what the show would have gained. Sure they got their name out there, but they also put many people off so it would probably be a wash, as far as viewers, losing some to the disgusting nature of the scandal and gaining a few to see the aftermath. I doubt that many people who weren't already going to watch will now want to watch, not enough to make it worth the cost. It cost them a shitload to shut down production, fly everyone home, then start again and fly everyone back. They could have just kept rolling if they had set this up.

At any rate, hose down the sheets and let's get back to business. lol

I agree. There's no way this was a publicity stunt. Way too costly to shut down and then resume production, and there's no way the show would ever willingly involve WB's legal team just to make headlines.

And as scummy as I'm sure the behind-the-scenes dealings are, there's no way the producers would concoct a scenario that involves non-consensual anything

• Love 2

I can't believe it's having a come back.  That's it.  We'll call Corrine the Come Back Kid if she reappears! 

omeback Kid

The Band Perry

They like to kick you when you're down
They like it better when you're there on the ground
And up 'til now I've never made a sound
Hey, hey
I bet they've never had a broken heart
But they sure know how to beat the hell out of one
Sometimes I think they do it just for the fun
Hey, hey

But no, I'm not leaving, even though I'm bleeding
Even though this nightmare makes me wish I was dreaming
Even though I hate it, I'm gonna take it
Until I win

'Cause I'm a comeback, I'm a comeback kid
Don't know why bad things happened, but they did
I don't think I deserve the hurt I get, but I'm made for it
It's not the end, no, it's not the end
I'm a comeback kid
Down for a minute, I'll get up again
Looks like I'm breaking, but it's just a bend; it's not over yet
'Cause in…

14 hours ago, Ripley68 said:

Well, if they're cutting back on free booze and drunken sex, there really isn't a lot of appeal for most of these folks.  From what I've heard the "resort" itself isn't all that great.  

Plus, under the circumstances, I'm sure DiMario would feel like he's in the spotlight, and not in a good way.

Oh, and everyone now knows that he can't navigate the line between Superman and Whiskey-Dick.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, Stillhoping said:

Carly and Evan...eww. He must be the least attractive guy ever on these shows...beady little eyes and so obsessed with Chad

I thought Carly was ok but fugly on Bach but I couldnt stand her on BIP2...she was so SMUG.. .so sure of herself..."the couples".. So dismissive of the uncoupled women....so sure of her "relationship" with Kirk she didnt even comb her hair. i enjoyed her dumping

Then she didnt seem to think much of Evan BIP3.. He liked Amanda ..no chance.. But they settled....as I said "Lowered Expectations" dating service MADtv...Thanks for correvting me haha. Carly was ready to settle for a plastic blow up doll if it meant attention and instagram fame and a place in Bachelor Nation haha

Lol.  Though after all her Instagram shilling, Carly could have afforded a Real Doll.  She settled for Evan.  I may get one of those things.   Oh my god, a Chris Harrison real doll!  I'm a sick puppy. 

• Love 1
On 6/23/2017 at 10:30 AM, Canada said:

I refuse to watch anything with Corinne in it.  She is a terrible person, even for this franchise.

You are in luck, she will never be asked back for anything!  

• Love 6
On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 0:30 PM, Canada said:

I refuse to watch anything with Corinne in it.  She is a terrible person, even for this franchise.

It seems to me Corinne probably cost the network some money with this last stunt.  I think her unpredictability and even talking about suing means she won't be on TV again. 

She needs to go back to pretending that she runs her father's company.

• Love 15

TMZ reports that BiP will have a new policy of checking contestant's belongings to make sure they aren't bringing in illegal drugs.  And then they say it has nothing to do with what recently happened with Corinne and Demario.  Uh huh.  totally unrelated.  OK.

http://www.tmz.com/2017/06/24/bachelor-in-paradise-drug-policy-illegal-corinne-demario/

"Bachelor in Paradise" contestants will have to ante up all drugs -- both legal and not -- when they land in Mexico for the relaunched version this weekend. TMZ has obtained an email sent by producers to contestants, which informs them of some of the "new procedures" that have been initiated in the wake of the Corinne Olympios/DeMario Jackson scandal. The email reads in part, "Upon your arrival, your bags will be inventoried specifically for any over the counter and prescription drugs that are not prescribed to you." Any prescription/illegal drugs will be confiscated."

• Love 3
(edited)

I've been lurking here since this whole thing with Corinne and Demario blew up. I don't watch Bachelor in Paradise and I never will. I also don't understand why any of you do, and I'll explain why I say that. I mean, I know some of you (most? all?) are watching in part because there are people on this show that you liked from the other shows in this franchise (Bachelor|ette). Still, even that wouldn't motivate me to watch this show and here is why: This show is just a rebranded Paradise Hotel with contestants skimmed from two other, more popular shows. Paradise Hotel introduced the format with which you are familiar; however, Paradise Hotel itself is a rebranding of Temptation Island. The only thing really different between Paradise Hotel and Temptation Island is that Paradise Hotel's contestants were actually single, whereas Temptation Island's contestants were actually married couples in ostensibly trouble marriages who were there, again ostensibly, to see if their marriage could be saved. My wife and I watched the first two seasons of Temptation Island. The first season wasn't that bad, and we stuck around for part of the second season which turned into a really horrific trainwreck and we removed it from the DVR. Due to that, we didn't stick around for the third season. We also watched Paradise Hotel, which ran for two seasons and we only watched the first season. FOX eventually reincarnated Paradise Hotel as Forever Eden, which we stayed away from because we recognized it as a re-named Paradise Hotel and wanted no part of that.

Anyway, that's why I view Bachelor in Paradise as a nuclear meltdown waiting to happen (and which nearly did; so, maybe Three Mile Island level rather than full-on Chernobyl or Fukushima?) and won't go near the show. The only things I can see that are different between this incarnation and the previous ones are the name and the contestants. The ridiculous levels of drunkenness and matching drunken antics are still there, as well as the forced "re-coupling" that I find grotesque. I'm not expecting or trying to change any of your minds. I guess this post is mostly about my amazement at how these TV shows can be repackaged slightly and end up finding an even wider audience than their ancestors. Temptation Island was on at 10pm Central, if I recall correctly, but it could have been even later. I remember we had to DVR it to get it because neither of us could stay up that late to watch it due to work. Paradise Hotel was also later night and was on at 9pm or 10pm, I think. I don't know what time this show airs, but it doesn't really matter because I'm amazed ABC would touch this concept after FOX's miserable outings.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temptation_Island_(TV_series)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paradise_Hotel

Edited by MrSmith
Added links

Just because Corrine is Kryptonite to ABC doesn't  mean her reality TV career is over.  I imagine a number of networks could create some kind of redemption vehicle for her, a cautionary tale of what really happens behind the scenes.  

I guarantee some development types have put on their thinking caps to devise a way to make ABC's blonde pariah their latest cash cow.  People would watch her just for the curiosity factor.   

• Love 2
1 hour ago, MrSmith said:

I've been lurking here since this whole thing with Corinne and Demario blew up. I don't watch Bachelor in Paradise and I never will. I also don't understand why any of you do, and I'll explain why I say that. I mean, I know some of you (most? all?) are watching in part because there are people on this show that you liked from the other shows in this franchise (Bachelor|ette). Still, even that wouldn't motivate me to watch this show and here is why: This show is just a rebranded Paradise Hotel with contestants skimmed from two other, more popular shows. Paradise Hotel introduced the format with which you are familiar; however, Paradise Hotel itself is a rebranding of Temptation Island. The only thing really different between Paradise Hotel and Temptation Island is that Paradise Hotel's contestants were actually single, whereas Temptation Island's contestants were actually married couples in ostensibly trouble marriages who were there, again ostensibly, to see if their marriage could be saved. My wife and I watched the first two seasons of Temptation Island. The first season wasn't that bad, and we stuck around for part of the second season which turned into a really horrific trainwreck and we removed it from the DVR. Due to that, we didn't stick around for the third season. We also watched Paradise Hotel, which ran for two seasons and we only watched the first season. FOX eventually reincarnated Paradise Hotel as Forever Eden, which we stayed away from because we recognized it as a re-named Paradise Hotel and wanted no part of that.

Anyway, that's why I view Bachelor in Paradise as a nuclear meltdown waiting to happen (and which nearly did; so, maybe Three Mile Island level rather than full-on Chernobyl or Fukushima?) and won't go near the show. The only things I can see that are different between this incarnation and the previous ones are the name and the contestants. The ridiculous levels of drunkenness and matching drunken antics are still there, as well as the forced "re-coupling" that I find grotesque. I'm not expecting or trying to change any of your minds. I guess this post is mostly about my amazement at how these TV shows can be repackaged slightly and end up finding an even wider audience than their ancestors. Temptation Island was on at 10pm Central, if I recall correctly, but it could have been even later. I remember we had to DVR it to get it because neither of us could stay up that late to watch it due to work. Paradise Hotel was also later night and was on at 9pm or 10pm, I think. I don't know what time this show airs, but it doesn't really matter because I'm amazed ABC would touch this concept after FOX's miserable outings.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temptation_Island_(TV_series)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paradise_Hotel

Its not really Paradise Hote because there is no 'forced recoupling'.  There is a constant reevaluating of partnerships, but no one is forced to change partners.  

I watch it because it is flighty.  It is amusing. It has always been editted well in a way that imparts silliness.  

• Love 17
(edited)

I think there's a very good chance that Corrine will get some sort of continued famewhoredom out of this.  No one is too toxic for basic cable.

I agree that ABC has probably lost a good deal of money because of this (mostly from advertising and PR; I'm assuming they carry insurance for the costs of stopping filming).

But basic cable doesn't have those same considerations.  There's not a lot of advertising revenue there to start with, and most of those shows are dirt cheap to produce.

Edited by Alapaki
  • Love 4