Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 12/12/2016

Jaded
  • Start Topic

6 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

Has Jed ever mentioned who she did or didn't vote for?

I'm pretty sure she said she was going to "vote her conscious" because she wanted to be able to "sleep at night" and she couldn't do that with Hillary. I don't recall what she said about Drumpf, because, as y'all know, I tune her out.

• Love 2

Joy, Whoopi, Sunny and Sara voted for Hillary

paula said she voted for a different candidate than her husband I think implied she voted for Hillary.

candace obviously voted for trump

and jedediah in a post election interview said she wrote someone in, even though her mom asked her to vote for trump.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, telemachus2 said:

I strongly disagree, Hisbunkie, that we should not follow very possible legal avenue to unseat Trump, long shot though it is.  In 2017, the GOP will be entrenched in all 3 branches of our govt, & with the demonstrably selfish, ignorant, racist/misogynist & short-sighted masses running the show, I am with Joy in my total depression over Trump's win & belief that this extremism will continue for decades, unfortunately.  I don't see any silver lining or lesson to be learned from the fact that we have elected a reincarnation of Adolf Hitler/Mussolini/every evil leader who campaigned via lies, boasts, & bullying, & appealed to only the basest instincts of our population. "Typical" Trump voters do not learn from sad experience - the GOP grabbed their ignorant, greedy, racist, misogynistic, xenophobic, and far-from-CHRISTIAN excuses for hearts back in the mid-90's, & they've voted solidly Repub ever since. There was much mockery around 2009 when a TeaPartier was shown at an antigovt rally waving a banner that said, " Keep your %*&#@ government out of my Medicare!"  This is the level of knowledge & mentality of average Trumpsters. If Trump's term is the expected disaster, all will be blamed on the Dems, so they have nothing to lose by pursuing legal efforts to dump Trump (I wish!)

I don't necessarily disagree with your statement, I just think there will not be a peaceful end to this matter.  We will have to live through this. 

• Love 5

There will be much more damage(irreparable) done in 4 years with these crack pots in charge. It will be life and death for the people affected by his dangerous policies. There won't be anything to live through. That excuse of his supporters getting upset and causing strife is irrelevant at this point. Democracy is at stake here.

Edited by May Jacks
  • Love 13
21 hours ago, wings707 said:

Clay's hair was terrible, it looked like a wig and that song they sang was worse!  Not ever something you would sing along with in your car or anywhere.  Reuben is heavier than he ever was, I think.  

The song they sang (This Christmas) has been performed by many artists over the past 45 years. It's pretty well-known.

• Love 7
12 hours ago, May Jacks said:

There will be much more damage(irreparable) done in 4 years with these crack pots in charge. It will be life and death for the people affected by his dangerous policies. There won't be anything to live through. That excuse of his supporters getting upset and causing strife is irrelevant at this point. Democracy is at stake here.

You just said what I was typing. Let them get upset.  

Jed is  so shrill and strident. Shades of Bits. UGH

• Love 3

I watched the opening conversation and Patti, but when Sara started that skulking around with the food snatching, I had to turn it off.

I don't know why they have to stuff their faces to prove something is so delicious and it is SO delicious that Sara cant wait until it's finished. She has to sneak around and grab it. Clearly, she stole that brill idea - sneaking and snatching - from Whoops. UGH 

• Love 5
31 minutes ago, tvaddict44 said:

Did anyone else make it through today's show in about 20 minutes as I did?  I don't care about kids' toys. don't want to look at ugly sweaters, like Patti LaBelle very much but don't want to watch a cobbler being made, etc.  Love that FF button....

Thank you!  I thought maybe I was alone.

It's amazing how unpleasant the show was today.  I guess they wanted to take a day off from serious subjects but they bored the hell out of me with their stupid sweaters and costumes and their tree talk.  The holiday weight gain discussion was just so damn tedious. I don't care about the size of Whoopi's ass, thanks.   And her little spiel about Santa was just stupid.   

The discussion about parties was even worse.  Doggie bags at parties, really?  That's so tacky (unless your hosts invites you to take things, of course).   And it's not news that no one appreciates people being too early or showing up late or bringing extra people or snooping through your house - or passing out in the bathtub (I'm not sure if I really believed Jed about that - it sounded like something Bitsy would have made up to me).   But Whoopi's stories about how shitty she is to her guests, damn.  That I believe every word of.  She's just so nasty.  Joy's story about someone she hated begging to come to her party was the only interesting part of the whole discussion because I envisioned the person she was talking about was Elisabeth Hasselbeck, lol.  But all the rest of the stuff they talked about actually left me feeling a little depressed.  It was that sour.

And the way Whoopi and Patti Labelle were so cranky during the stupid cooking segment. It was awful. And it was so rushed. I don't know why they even bother trying to do things like that on this show.  It never works out and there are like 500 other shows on every day if I want to watch that kind of thing. 

I couldn't care less about toys, either.  And like at this point you are going to be able to find any of the ones that they featured in the stores anyway.  I was actually rooting for Sara to fall over the edge of the stage in her little go cart.  She came really close once or twice.

I almost never bother to sit through the musical performances on the show but I did this time just to cheer myself up.  Darlene Love was the only good part of the show.  I wasn't really expecting much but she really delivered and it was nice when she brought Patti up on stage to sing with her at the end.  At least they ended on an up note.  The rest of the show was a complete stinker. 

• Love 12

This show never does cooking segments well. They never show enough of a technique so that the audience is informed.  The Chew knows how to balance cooking with talk, and they have all their recipes on the website and easy to find. The View should stop trying. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, geekburger said:

Wonder if that'll be the last live show of the year?

Was it a live show?  I had the idea from the Not Hot topics that it was prerecorded.  (If they talked about anything newsworthy I missed it.)

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Joy's story about someone she hated begging to come to her party was the only interesting part of the whole discussion because I envisioned the person she was talking about was Elisabeth Hasselbeck, lol.  

For some reason, I imagined it might be Barbara. Barbara would be the type to bitch about the food not being on time. But it's more likely a non-celebrity. No way Elisabeth would go to a party thrown by Joy and if she did, she'd probably sit in a corner looking stiff and uncomfortable and not speaking to anyone.

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

For some reason, I imagined it might be Barbara. Barbara would be the type to bitch about the food not being on time. But it's more likely a non-celebrity. No way Elisabeth would go to a party thrown by Joy and if she did, she'd probably sit in a corner looking stiff and uncomfortable and not speaking to anyone.

I think she has said Elizabeth was a sweet girl.  In addition she would never ask about food what with her gluten allergies. I  immediately thought it was Star. 

First minutes were preempted with a fire out in the CA so I bet it took me 15 to fast forward. 

I guess they are off next week.  Probably wont be back live until after the new year.  Good riddance. I need a break from them after the way they phoned it in today. Wendy said she would be gone for 2 weeks. The View never informs their viewers. 

• Love 4
On 12/16/2016 at 10:49 AM, ari333 said:

I watched the opening conversation and Patti, but when Sara started that skulking around with the food snatching, I had to turn it off.

I don't know why they have to stuff their faces to prove something is so delicious and it is SO delicious that Sara cant wait until it's finished. She has to sneak around and grab it. Clearly, she stole that brill idea - sneaking and snatching - from Whoops. UGH 

And probably was scripted by the twentysomething producers, who think its cute  And shows the light-hearted fun they all have ! 

On 12/16/2016 at 0:06 PM, geekburger said:

Wonder if that'll be the last live show of the year?

It wasn't live. The Friday show was pre-taped.  The intro never said "live".

Thursday 12-15 was the last live show of the year.  The next two weeks are reruns.  ABC primetime returns live for the first week of January, so the show will likely be back with new live shows on Tuesday Jan 3.

Mo 12/19: Megyn Kelly, Simone Biles (R 11/17/16)
Tu 12/20: Sen. Bernie Sanders (R 11/14/16)
We 12/21: Martha Stewart, Jean Bell, "Dancing with the Stars" winners and runners-up (R 11/23/16)
Th 12/22: Tom Selleck (R 11/10/16)
Fr 12/23: Edward Norton (R 12/9/16)

Mo 12/26: Neil Patrick Harris, Tim Tebow (R 11/29/16)
Tu 12/27: Queen Latifah, Andy Cohen (R 12/6/16)
We 12/28: DJ Khaled (R 12/7/16)
Th 12/29: Van Jones (R 12/1/16)
Fr 12/30: Sela Ward (R 10/6/16)

Mo 1/2: Pre-empted

Edited by SanDiegoInExile
  • Love 4
On 12/15/2016 at 10:00 AM, Bronzedog said:

Isn't Clay Aiken a ginger?  What's the deal with your hair Clay?

Once upon a time there was a former nun who "enhanced" her auburn locks with a visit from L'Oreal Preference.  This relationship went on successfully for several years.  Soon there were odd comments from coworkers, such as, "You're so funny!  You come to work on Monday with auburn hair and on Friday you come with strawberry blonde."  OY!   Well...we gingers don't always age well; some of us turn white before our time...and NO red shades want to cover white.  I've tried 'em all.  My hairdressers did the same.  I eventually gave up and let it go rather than subject myself to the snickers of those beneath me.  Clay needs to do the same.  He will NEVER find a good shade that will stay for even two weeks.  Additionally, he needs to have touch-ups THE MORNING of any day he will be on television.  Those pesky white roots grow like nasty vines.

• Love 12
4 hours ago, Former Nun said:

Once upon a time there was a former nun who "enhanced" her auburn locks with a visit from L'Oreal Preference.  This relationship went on successfully for several years.  Soon there were odd comments from coworkers, such as, "You're so funny!  You come to work on Monday with auburn hair and on Friday you come with strawberry blonde."  OY!   Well...we gingers don't always age well; some of us turn white before our time...and NO red shades want to cover white.  I've tried 'em all.  My hairdressers did the same.  I eventually gave up and let it go rather than subject myself to the snickers of those beneath me.  Clay needs to do the same.  He will NEVER find a good shade that will stay for even two weeks.  Additionally, he needs to have touch-ups THE MORNING of any day he will be on television.  Those pesky white roots grow like nasty vines.

And... with that lovely bedtime story, I'm off to bed. Live happily ever after, Nun.

• Love 3

Fellow auburn locked gal here.  Tried coloring for a couple years in my 40's but quit after my scalp got burned by a newbie beautician at my friend's salon.  We traded services (I have a vintage clothing store and he wears it well).

Letting my proudly earned grays fly.  But if I ever catch who ever is sneaking into my bedroom at night to add more streaks I'll kick their ass...;-)

Actually...come to think about it I've gotten quite a few more since Nov. 8.

I wonder why......

• Love 10
On 12/15/2016 at 9:21 AM, Bronzedog said:

I've never bought that Whoopie is only 61 because I remember when she was older

This is Whoopi's mother's birthdate:  September 21, 1931.   If Whoopi was born in 1955 as she claims, her mother would have been 24.    Whoopi's daughter was born in 1973, and Whoopi claims to have been 18 when she was born.  All this seems feasible.  That doesn't mean I enjoy or admire her in any way.

Edited by Former Nun
  • Love 1
On 12/16/2016 at 2:13 PM, Bronzedog said:

I hope Patty LaBelle is ok.  She didn't seem well to me.

When she said she was a diabetic and then proceeded to sell her pies I almost lost it.

I had high sugar on my last blood workup and with diet blah blah blah.... you know the drill.  I don't really like sweets at all.  Don't like doughnuts, ice cream, candy, pastry, brownies, cookies, sweet drinks of any kind....... so it should work out fine since I have worked out the carbs to sugar formula.  Ok, I will admit to loving Mt. Dew and have cut that out completely.............................I would kill to just lick some frosting from a birthday cake.

How can a diabetic have a line of pies?????

• Love 3

Boy! Their last show of the year was pretty awful now, wasn't it? A whole lotta nothing.

Darlene Love - that woman never ages!!! What is her secret? 

That cooking segment was, as they are anytime they do them, pathetic. They do always seem so rushed - maybe if they did't have so many bloody commercials, they'd have more time for them - but as others here have pointed out, I don't watch this show for recipes. I can get those from other shows.

Maybe for Christmas, Jedbot will get: some humility and manners so she won't always be interrupting and talking over everybody else. That drives me crazy!! Sara will get some common sense, Whoopi will know when to just shut up, and Joy? The only present that would please Joy would be if you-know-who were impeached but it's way to early for that kind of talk now......isn't it?

I want to wish all the posters here a very merry Christmas and a Happy New Year and I guess I'll see everybody back here in January! Party on!!!

• Love 13

Has anyone seen the Patti LaBelle commercial for her pies, available at Walmart?

I tried her sweet potato pie last year. It was over the top sweet. My personal preference is for a pie like this to be more like a pumpkin pie and not so sugary. I haven't tried any of her other flavors. I would rather buy her music than her desserts. 

• Love 2
13 hours ago, Dissy said:

I tried her sweet potato pie last year. It was over the top sweet. My personal preference is for a pie like this to be more like a pumpkin pie and not so sugary. I haven't tried any of her other flavors. I would rather buy her music than her desserts. 

Her sweet potato pie has 29g of sugar and 61g of carbs per slice.  Holy shit!  For women with sugar issues, 45g of carbs per meal is the limit.

• Love 1