Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 12/12/2016

Jaded
  • Start Topic

14 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

As soon as I see, that, they begin to temper their rhetoric, then, I will know that they have been muzzled and that will be super scary for all of us..

Or maybe they're just going to get tired of it all.  Joy is in her seventies, it isn't good for her physically, mentally or spiritually, to be so angry/disgusted/resentful all the time!

• Love 3
38 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

Joy is in her seventies, it isn't good for her physically, mentally or spiritually, to be so angry/disgusted/resentful all the time!

I don't know about that. I'm convinced that hate, disgust and resentment are what has kept my aging  mother-in-law alive for years ... 

• Love 18

Joy looked great yesterday. I was kind of surprised that she said it would be her last stand up gig. Also surprised that Whoopi said the whole panel would go to see her perform. I thought that was an example of the the nice-supportive-friend Whoopi that her friends talk about.

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, May Jacks said:

Sara is incredibly condescending to Joy who is smarter than she will ever be.

Too many women think being younger makes them smarter, prettier, sexier, fill in the blank, than older women.  On a good day I just find it merely annoying.  On a bad day I find myself correcting them on their erroneous assumption.

• Love 12

Amen susieq!  I always think of the great Kathy Bates in Fried Green Tomatoes where 2 young'uns grab her parking place and they say "Face it lady...we're younger and faster".  KB proceeds to ram the shit out of their VW and tells them "Face it girls...I'm older and have more insurance".  Heeee.....

I'm 65 and proud of every damn wrinkle and the freedom to speak my mind...like it or not.  I'm not mean (well snarky perhaps) but will call a spade a spade.  The shriveled up orange circus peanut about to destroy our country for example.

Don't even get me started........

• Love 18

How furious was I today when Joy started to talk about her "little meltdown", and she was armed with facts as usual, and then Jed had to start - arguing, contradicting, disputing what is written in the Constitution. And she always does this with that maniacal wolfish grin. More and more, I am finding it very difficult to believe that she didn't vote for Dump Truck. 

I also don't feel one ounce of sympathy for Romney. PLEASE! You run around, telling anyone within earshot about what a jerk Trump is, how unfit he is, how incompetent, etc. etc. and then, there you are....having dinner with him and kissing his fat rump and making nice because he has dangled this carrot in front of your two faces. And guess what? He gave the job to someone else so you made a complete fool of yourself for nothing, so Mitt? You can get up off your knees now.

And now, Carly Fiorino (sp?), who Trump pretty much called "ugly" on national television, is also nipping at her own carrot. The hypocrisy is just stunning. And don't get me started on that idiot Kanye. Figures...one lunatic to another.

What's up with this Whoopi's Favorite Things? Trying to be Oprah? Is this a talk show or the shopping channel? At least she didn't have that stupid flashing nose today. 

• Love 23
1 hour ago, May Jacks said:

Sara is incredibly condescending to Joy who is smarter than she will ever be.

Did Sara even hear Joy when she read the list of criteria meant to be taken into consideration by the members of the electoral college when casting their votes?  That's not Joy just making stuff up ... it's from the Constitution and commentary from the people who wrote it, Airhead.  I think they know what their intention was.  And they specifically spelled out that electoral college members are NOT obligated to vote the way their constituencies did.  If anybody is "re-writing" anything it's dumbass Airhead Sara suggesting the rules require the EC to vote a certain way. 

But the people have spoken!  What bullshit.  Sunny thank god pointed out that if you really want to listen to what the people decided to speak, then maybe you should take a gander at the popular vote.  Because THAT is the voice of the people ... 

There is one thing I wish Joy had asked the Airhead and her little forked-tongued FOXbot sidekick, though.  And that is why are real live people even part of the electoral college process if they have no choice who to vote for?   Because if the electoral college only exists to make sure the people in less populated states don't get marginalized, wouldn't it be much easier to just award the EC votes in accordance with who won each state and call it a day?  Why bother to go through electing electors and having them show up weeks after the election and cast their votes?  

The obvious answer is because the electoral college members were intended to act as a THINKING BODY in order to safeguard the process, taking into consideration the three things Joy explained today.  They were never intended to be mere rubber stampers of the election results in each state that Airhead and FOXbot want people to believe they are.  

I don't know who was more offensive, Sara with her empty-headed, simplistic approach to yet another topic she completely lacks the brain power to grasp, or Jed with her "unbiased" opinion that is clearly fake and phony as her eyelashes.  Stupid vs. Crooked, hmm. Tough call.

I think I am going to have to call it a draw.  

• Love 22
5 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I don't know who was more offensive, Sara with her empty-headed, simplistic approach to yet another topic she completely lacks the brain power to grasp, or Jed with her "unbiased" opinion that is clearly fake and phony as her eyelashes.  Stupid vs. Crooked, hmm. Tough call.

This is the question of what is happening in this country.  Are people just too stupid to understand what is going on or do they just not give a fuck?  We live in an age where there is so much information available to us and to just be willfully ignorant because you are too lazy to take it upon yourself to find out things is unforgivable to me.  But on the other hand people who do understand and just shrug their shoulders are also on my shit list.  So Celia Rubenstein I guess we will call it a draw.

• Love 12

To me, Sara was only hired to be the obligatory perky co host to read tweets, facebook posts and announce giveaways.  She doesn't add much else.  She's in over her head  when participating in the big girl talk.

Jedi is a wolf in sheeps clothing. Don't trust her at all.

Edited by rags
  • Love 17
9 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

So Jedi's now arguing against the CIA and the Constitution in order to support Trump. More evidence she's not a Libertarian for the pile

I put Jedi in the same category I put Elisabeth.  Political opportunist.  She might have core political beliefs but her overriding desire to be relevant (to whichever way the political wind is blowing) outweighs those beliefs.  She wrote a book about being a conservative.  She wrote for Brietbart and you can't get any more conservative than that.  So for her to call herself a Libertarian is just her way of trying to appeal to more than the crazy right wing.  But anyone with eyes and ears can see she is just a liar.

• Love 20
41 minutes ago, susieq147 said:

I put Jedi in the same category I put Elisabeth.  Political opportunist.  She might have core political beliefs but her overriding desire to be relevant (to whichever way the political wind is blowing) outweighs those beliefs.  She wrote a book about being a conservative.  She wrote for Brietbart and you can't get any more conservative than that.  So for her to call herself a Libertarian is just her way of trying to appeal to more than the crazy right wing.  But anyone with eyes and ears can see she is just a liar.

I think you all misunderstand what a Libertarian is. They aren't pragmatic centrists. They are very conservative in so many issues, and Libertarians tend to write for and appear on Right wing networks because they both agree on small government its just libertarians also agree on small govt with foreign policy and social issues. Stossel and Kennedy two of the best known libertarians both work for Fox News... many considered Andrew Breitbart a Libertarian... I am confused on what issue Jedediah isn't a libertarian. and if you think her views are crazy right wing then you probably think that libertarian ideas are pretty crazy, which many do lol. and again I trust the CIA on their view of Russia but it should also be understood the FBI and the DIA are not as convinced so she's not exactly dismissing intelligence and the constitution as she has agreed for an investigation..

Edited by Bmarsh
47 minutes ago, susieq147 said:

And... SusieQ sinks another battleship.

• Love 6

On a shallow note, who wore it better?

Am I missing something re the electoral vote?  It would just go to the House which is heavily Republican. So what chance is there? The electors who have said they might not vote for Trump will not vote for Hillary. If Trump doesnt get to 270, the House will select him.  Please give me a glimmer of hope someone.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Morgalisa said:

Am I missing something re the electoral vote?  It would just go to the House which is heavily Republican. So what chance is there? The electors who have said they might not vote for Trump will not vote for Hillary. If Trump doesnt get to 270, the House will select him.  Please give me a glimmer of hope someone.

Quote from article.  There is some hope and this is a step in the right direction.  

With the Electoral College vote less than a week away, Harvard University constitutional law professor Lawrence Lessig says 20 Republican members are considering voting against Donald Trump—more than half the number needed to potentially block the real estate mogul's election. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Morgalisa said:

I couldn't believe the ugly striped dress was on again. It was horrifying enough the first time it appeared.

• Love 3

I'm so glad tweedledee and tweedledum against the electors doing their constitutional duty to protect this country. Sara in particular was against it because "it hasn't been done before. Joy pointed out that it did twice. If not now when?! 

Jedifoxbot thinks that highly populated, diverse states should decide elections but small mostly white states should?! Then she wants to disagree with the constitution because that's not why people are for the electoral college. It doesn't change the fact that that was why it was created. 

She says there is no proof that Russia was involved in titling the election but still whines about HRC's email server. Ironic. 

• Love 9
On 12/13/2016 at 8:01 PM, TheGreenKnight said:

Jedi's nonstop fake laughs meant to make herself fun and amiable get on my nerves, just like bringing up the fact that she's a cougar whenever a guest says they're dating someone young, or dancing her way to the table like she's the star, ugh. Just don't like this woman. And I don't believe for a second that Jedi didn't vote for Trump, as Sara said. I'm not really surprised she'd lie about it, considering the whole Libertarian snare is intended to avoid any criticism despite the fact that she spends her time defending Trump on nearly every topic.

All of this, TheGreenKnight...and especially the section I bolded.  I'm petty and I'm proud!

• Love 9

I've never bought that Whoopie is only 61 because I remember when she was older.  Today she said she didn't like when Robert Kennedy was Attorney General under his brother's Administration.  JFK was assassinated November 22, 1963, when Whoopie had just turned 8.  Yep, Whoopie.  I'm sure you were giving a whole lot of thought to Robert Kennedy back then.

Somebody!  Anybody!  Slap Jedisucks! Now!

• Love 12
17 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

Looks like KAC bailed again today!!??

Why do they keep booking her?  It's not like she says anything when she is there. She simply spews talking points or deflects to Hillary.

Jesus Christ View have a little self respect.  She obviously just isn't that into you.

• Love 9

I record the show, sometimes watch, often skip.  Today, Jed's rapid-fire speech was driving me crazy. 

I almost deleted the episode, then saw that Clay & Ruben were singing - How did I not know that?  that wasn't promoted at all, was it? 

I loved their performance, so cool to see that they remain close friends.  Clay's hair?  He's going grey, and covers it up, I assume.  He's gone through a number of hairstyles and colors I think -  it looks to be a dark auburn right now. 

21 hours ago, rags said:

To me, Sara was only hired to be the obligatory perky co host to read tweets, facebook posts and announce giveaways.  She doesn't add much else.  She's in over her head  when participating in the big girl talk.

Airhead Sara is beyond a flake.  She is such a waste of space.

Can we please return her like she returns clothing after she has worn it?

• Love 3

Sara doesn't really bother me much, but, Jedipukebomb drives me up a wall.  Seems likes there's always one panelist I just can't stand.  The last one was Raven Symoron.  (Funny that I typed that so often when Raven was on, my autofill just corrected Symone to Symoron!)

• Love 7

Did Sara say that she gave out her phone number to some stranger SHE MET ON-LINE?!!!! How stupid is that?!!!

I'm glad KAC bailed. I'm getting stressed out/bitchy from all this Christmas preparation and I really couldn't handle her monotone, memorized rubbish spewing forth from her dead-eyed, sun-damaged persona. And if she started denying all this Russian hacking stuff, I would definitely lose my shit. Big time. 

• Love 9

Clay's hair was terrible, it looked like a wig and that song they sang was worse!  Not ever something you would sing along with in your car or anywhere.  Reuben is heavier than he ever was, I think.  

Jed, shut the fuck up.  Come on producers, it is your job to tell her not to interrupt or talk over another.  Take turns, remember that in elementary school?  One person talks and then the other person responds when they are done.  

Although I appreciate Joy and Sunny's suggesting the Electorate College not support Trump, I don't think it will be helpful for the Country.  As painful as it is, Trump supporters need to experience the reality of their choice.  We went through a similar experience in 2004 with Bush's second term.

Here is a great article by Molly Ivins that explains it better than I can: http://www.progressive.org/mag_ivins_chicken

• Love 2

Oh my lord Jedatrumpa will not shut the Hell up.  Diarrhea of the mouth. It's not a discussion with her it's a lecture. ( like Whoopi) her voice is making me ponder the holiday cheer in liquor cabinet. Jeez she was a teacher!? 

So I used to have a black and white photo of John and Robert Kennedy on a book shelf guess there is something wrong with me. For one Robert was in politics and these spawns being in the White House is creepy and so wrong. 

• Love 5

I strongly disagree, Hisbunkie, that we should not follow very possible legal avenue to unseat Trump, long shot though it is.  In 2017, the GOP will be entrenched in all 3 branches of our govt, & with the demonstrably selfish, ignorant, racist/misogynist & short-sighted masses running the show, I am with Joy in my total depression over Trump's win & belief that this extremism will continue for decades, unfortunately.  I don't see any silver lining or lesson to be learned from the fact that we have elected a reincarnation of Adolf Hitler/Mussolini/every evil leader who campaigned via lies, boasts, & bullying, & appealed to only the basest instincts of our population. "Typical" Trump voters do not learn from sad experience - the GOP grabbed their ignorant, greedy, racist, misogynistic, xenophobic, and far-from-CHRISTIAN excuses for hearts back in the mid-90's, & they've voted solidly Repub ever since. There was much mockery around 2009 when a TeaPartier was shown at an antigovt rally waving a banner that said, " Keep your %*&#@ government out of my Medicare!"  This is the level of knowledge & mentality of average Trumpsters. If Trump's term is the expected disaster, all will be blamed on the Dems, so they have nothing to lose by pursuing legal efforts to dump Trump (I wish!)

• Love 12