Type keyword(s) to search

S33.E11: About To Have A Rumble

• Start Topic

I've never posted first before! I must be heartless bc I hate the weepy loved ones visit.  The only one with legit  reason to cry is the guy whose mother is dying. And dude seriously what are you doing in survivor with your mother at stage 4?

Seriously I thought I read she had passed away early on. It's uncomfortable watching knowing this. I hope it's incorrect bc if his brother just lied to him that is awful.

I really have felt his grief when it comes up, and am sorry for his loss. He seems devastated when it comes up.

Edited by cleo
  • Love 9

Not that I care for the "previously on Survivor," but for a two hour episode, the only thing Jeff mentions is the rock draw?  Also, they seemed to be moving right along.  

Zeke's an arrogant ass.  I knew there'd be a point when I'd start not liking him.  Why was Jay so pissed at David?  Because he made a move?  Tried to save someone in his alliance?  I really hope that's foreshadowing that Zeke's reign of terror comes to an end tonight.

I guess I'd have to be out there, away from my loved one for over a month, but I just can't see myself getting super mushy.  Have they ever done the family visit this early?  That said, this was one of the better loved one visits I can remember.  I especially teared up with Jay and Adam.  I expected Hannah to have a full on breakdown, so she surprised me.

Whenever there's a loved one visit, you always get to pick someone to join you.  Why does Jay look surprised?

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 8

I haven't watched an episode of Survivor in YEARS, but I cheered at that ending. So often the hidden idol is anticlimactic, but that was awesome.

ETA - looks like the young guy voted for Zeke, so it was anticlimactic after all. lol

• Love 21

Wow, Will did side with David's side.  I was so nervous for this vote.  Thought for sure Adam was going to waste his idol, and Ken was going to go (and he did waste the idol, but of course he didn't know that).  

They seemed to make it so obvious that Zeke was going, that I thought for sure he was going to live another arrogant day.  I will give credit to the editors, because while I think there are people who don't have a chance of winning (Sunday, Will), I'm also at a loss who will win.

I lost my dad to lung cancer almost 10 years ago, so I was really tearing up during Adam's visit.  I hated watching Ken plead for the family visit.  I wish he had won it, but I'm okay it was Jay I guess.  Ken really can not catch a break in these challenges.  But why oh why could he not just have faith in Will's plan, instead of blowing it up?  

Actually, I think that was a smart decision for Adam to hand the advantage over, even if he did it more as a goodwill gesture.  I'll be surprised if this doesn't turn into another dud advantage, however.  

Bret/Sunday/Jay/Zeke really weren't hiding their alliance.  I hate when alliances are that in your face with their arrogance.  Someone should have pointed that out to Will, when they were having their little meeting at the beach, and he was still up at the shelter.

• Love 18

I have always hated these "loved one" episodes and this one was especially cringe-worthy.

Adam handing over the toxic advantage was smart.  Winner's edit??

I didn't know Will was from Jersey.  Pulling a bit for the home-state baby.  Tony is the stereotypical Jersey asshole, but he's not the majority.

This is painful.   Ken does an idiot move and pisses off the child.  

Show me respect!!  Respect my authoritai!  waah!  The adults will play this kid, for better or worse.

Adam plays his idol for Hannah OMG!  Badda Bing, Badda Boom!!  Well played!  

Bye Zeke.  I liked you for a while but you follow a long line of legends in your own mind.

How many idols get re-planted?

• Love 16

What was Jay bitching about David for? He had immunity. Sit down Mr. "I'm part of Taylor's Secret Eating Club." 

Ken, seriously dude? What the hell was that for? I mean, Zeke is still gone (bye bye bye!) but whyyyyy? 

I'm beginning to like Adam again. Giving up his advantage was probably the smartest move he could have made. Takes the target that goes along with it off of his back. And I did feel for him with his mom being in that condition. I was happy Jay took him along.

Look at Will growing up, but me thinks he'll get too big for his britches soon and then, bye. 

I see that Will voted for Zeke anyway, so Adam didn't really need to play his idol, but at the very least, Hannah's spidey sense tingled correctly.

• Love 14

No mention of Chris during the recap of the previous episode? How odd.

I feel kind of terrible saying this about an 18 year old, but Will frightens me in his confessionals. However, he seems totally different when interacting with the others on the island.

I actually teared up for once during a loved ones' visit. And for those who are wondering, I think Adam's mother died at the  end of filming, so I don't think his brother was lying to him.

Jay really does have a fantastic social game, though I always thought it was solid even at the beginning.

I wish someone would have pointed out at tribal council to Will: "Big moves don't always mean strategic or smart moves."

• Love 13

Whatttt? Will voted for Zeke anyway? Omg, these are the craziest cast members I've ever seen.

Plus, this is the first time I teared up at a family visit. The cancer stuff just makes me so sad. 

• Love 6

Wow...I'm blown away this season.  After the past couple of seasons not having anyone to root for and just not enjoying them as much as I usually did.

All of these blind sides and using idols on other people, holding my breath that Ken doesn't get voted out, and lots of crying with Adam, etc.

I just wonder why Zeke didn't go for David...and why they keep saying Ken is going.  

• Love 9

I know this cliché has been used over and over but....

BOO-YAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Adieu, Zeke! So much for being in the Final Five!

I must say this has been a great season. Now if they can only get Jay out, I will be ecstatic!

I said it before and I'll say it again: Ken FTW (even though Adam has finally learned how to keep his mouth shut)! And he can bring along his hot older brother, this would be gravy for me.

Edited by Nedsdag
I was so busy trying to spell ecstatic correctly, that I forgot a word.
  • Love 12

I had a feeling Zeke was toast when they showed that level of arrogance and hubris from him at the start of the episode. So in the end, Will did flip but it didn't even matter because Adam played his idol for Hannah. So I'm not sure his big move will even matter should he make it to the end because if he's up against Adam, Adam will just say he played his idol so Will's vote didn't even really count. 

I have to say, as much as I wanted Zeke knocked down a peg or two, I would not have been mad at Will for not flipping because wow Ken, way to fuck up a very simple and easy vote. I have no idea what Ken was thinking there. His whole testing of Will was bullshit because in my opinion, Will telling him they were coming for him was Will's way of proving he was with them for the vote.

I think Ken was sure the vote was going to David, just like David thought, and when he heard it was his name being thrown around, he panicked and thought he could cause some chaos with the five by outing Will to them. But all that did was make Will not want to work with Ken and company. Adam's reaction to Ken's "testing" was hilarious. I like how he, David and Hannah were all just shaking their head, like "wtf...is he serious?"

eta: I do think Adam giving Jay that advantage will come back and bite him. If they do the Survivor auction and someone wins an advantage for the immunity challenge or something like that, Jay could steal it. Coupled with that, Jay is now the only one left in the game who has an idol. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 24

Oh wow, the very ending, Will voted for Zeke. He's going to be a flip flopper. 

Ken, I like you and would like to see you win but that wasn't a smart move. 

I hate the loved ones episodes. I felt bad for Adam though. I wonder why he agreed to do Survivor if his mother is so ill? Anyone know how she is? 

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, jsm1125 said:

No mention of Chris during the recap of the previous episode? How odd.

I feel kind of terrible saying this about an 18 year old, but Will frightens me in his confessionals. However, he seems totally different when interacting with the others on the island.

I actually teared up for once during a loved ones' visit. And for those who are wondering, I think Adam's mother died at the  end of filming, so I don't think his brother was lying to him.

Jay really does have a fantastic social game, though I always thought it was solid even at the beginning.

I wish someone would have pointed out at tribal council to Will: "Big moves don't always mean strategic or smart moves."

Maybe they forgot Chris was part of this season.  I know I already did.

• Love 13

The editing two minutes into the episode made me figure Zeke was going home, but it was still good to see it happen at TC.   

Hannah escapes again.  She can't possibly have too many more TC lives left.  

Is it bad that I laughed when Jeff showed no problem handling Adam's more-hidden-than-usual idol?

Jessica still looks really pissed and upset about having lost last week.

Was Sunday the only one to have a spouse/SO as her loved one?  

• Love 8

Totally expected Will to go out. He made such a big deal about putting on the big boy pants, and I kept seeing vultures following him clutching knifes and forks. But no, it was Zeke gettin put out, with Adam unneccesarily burning his idol for Hannah. I don't hate Zeke, but I'd take David over him.

I hate the frequent endurance challenges. Like Burnett bought those in bulk.

Man, hard not to feel for Adam. I'm thinking the last thing his mother told him before he left was, "Whatever you do, don't quit for me. That's a punk move, and I know you're not a Jenna."

I lost track. How did Ken almost blow the game?

• Love 12
53 minutes ago, wallflower75 said:

I like Ken, but he came pretty darned close to blowing up his game tonight.  Question: he inherited the advantage from Jessica, but if he's eliminated before day 36, can he pass it on to someone else?

It gets passed down until it reaches day 36.  So if Ken is voted off before then, he would will it to someone else.

I kind of sympathize with Ken, because he didn't seem to have faith in Will.  Then to hear his name being thrown around out of nowhere, when he keeps talking about wanting to provide a better life for his daughter?  However, how Will should have handled that to his tribe is tell them he felt he owed it to Ken to tell him he was going, because he respected him or something.  Obviously no one really had a choice, and Will would have been the deciding factor in this vote, even if Adam didn't play the idol.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, Straycat80 said:

Oh wow, the very ending, Will voted for Zeke. He's going to be a flip flopper.

Which as we all know means he's not going to win.  I'll be honest--as the tribal counsel progressed, I wondered if Will was going to be voted out tonight.  Memories of Cagayan Sarah, I guess.  But Zeke was the smart move in the end.

• Love 6

Has there even be a Survivor contestant who's been more offended then Ken about being (possibly) voted for? God! He is so self involved. All is does is talk & talk & talk. If he didn't have his looks he wouldn't even be on this show. That said, I would kill to look like him. I'm shallow that way.

• LOL 1
  • Love 17
8 minutes ago, ElleryAnne said:

The editing two minutes into the episode made me figure Zeke was going home, but it was still good to see it happen at TC.   

Hannah escapes again.  She can't possibly have too many more TC lives left.  

Is it bad that I laughed when Jeff showed no problem handling Adam's more-hidden-than-usual idol?

Jessica still looks really pissed and upset about having lost last week.

Was Sunday the only one to have a spouse/SO as her loved one?  

I believe she was, which I feel like is some kind of record.  

I wish someone had made a crack about how Jeff always loves the alpha males on this show, so he wouldn't care where they put their idol.

Next week will definitely be interesting.  Jay's the only one with an idol left, so likely him and whoever has immunity are safe.  Everyone else better watch it.  Actually, Jay could play his idol and give power back to him/Bret/Sunday/Will, if he really wanted to stick with them.  I think all three are beatable compared to Adam/Ken/David.

Has there even be a Survivor contestant who's been more offended then Ken about being (possibly) voted for? God! He is so self involved. All is does is talk & talk & talk. If he didn't have his looks he wouldn't even be on this show. That said, I would kill to look like him. I'm shallow that way.

Dan Foley comes to mind.  

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 10

I can't believe I cried at an episode of Survivor, but I feel for Adam so much. That is tough. All around this was a good episode for Adam; he made a great decision not using the advantage at the reward and also giving it up to Jay. I thought that was a great idea, now its Jay's problem. He played that idol perfectly, no one else knew about, so no one could plan for it.

Zeke was being way to arrogant in the beginning of the episode, so I thought it was a fake out but they did get him, and Will voted him out too. My opinion on Zeke has really changed, but then he was very nice when he got voted out and his last words weren't bitter either.

Brett is getting really annoying, his reactions to the other side at tribal when both sides were technically fluffling up Will. Don't act like your above all that and are somehow better Brett.

Ken, Ken, Ken. WTH!!! Wow, he really blew up his game this episode and forced Adam to use his idol, which could have been useful done the line. That was really stupid. I was actually totally on Wills side on this, what were you thinking Ken.

Will did a seemingly good job of playing it off, but man I would have been soooo pissed just like Will. That said he still annoys me, so thats still the same. 

Another good episode, this season has really been one of the better ones for me. I enjoy watching it and not loathing anyone too much.

Adam might have a shot at winning now.

Edited by dkb
Formatting
  • Love 17
9 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

I hate the loved ones episodes. I felt bad for Adam though. I wonder why he agreed to do Survivor if his mother is so ill? Anyone know how she is? 

If this hasn't been answered yet, Adam's mother passed away a couple days after Final Tribal was filmed.

Edited by enchantingmonkey
  • Love 2
9 minutes ago, jsm1125 said:

And for those who are wondering, I think Adam's mother died at the  end of filming, so I don't think his brother was lying to him.

Wait, what?  Nooooo! Starts crying all over again...

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

I wish someone had made a crack about how Jeff always loves the alpha males on this show, so he wouldn't care where they put their idol.

I don't know if Jeff would consider Adam an Alpha male 

• Love 8
1 minute ago, rustyspigot said:

I'm sorry, but Adam wailing while stuck under that log had me laughing my ass off.

Another wasted idol save. On Hannah no less.

Will got immature quick.

And, everyone was surprised by the idol....especially Hannah. LOL!! 

I think Jay is going far. He has the HII, the advantage and is getting so much airtime. As for, the other two make it there with him I'm less sure of. 

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, Lantern7 said:

Man, hard not to feel for Adam. I'm thinking the last thing his mother told him before he left was, "Whatever you do, don't quit for me. That's a punk move, and I know you're not a Jenna."

This is perfect @Lantern7. Thanks for the laugh.

• Love 6

I wonder if Will noticed that Jay didn't say that they were equals. He said something like, "I always treated you as if we were equals", not "we are equals".

And thank god Ken didn't pay for his moment of panic.

• Love 13

I still don't see Ken winning, except maybe against Sunday or Hannah.  To me he still seems like a follower (when he doesn't go rogue and nearly torpedos his whole alliance).  Yes, he's pretty and wanting to give his daughter a better life is sweet, but he has to start playing more strategically.  Right now Jay, Adam, or David will walk away with this. 

• Love 17

I think Ken's winning chances went downhill tonight. He did not like good tonight and I mean that strategically not physically.  I still feel that is David or Jay's game to win this season. Adam has an outside shot as well.

• Love 23
2 minutes ago, JudyObscure said:

Has there ever been a Tribal where Hannah hasn't turned to her neighbor and said, "I'm going home, it's me?"  She's lucky Adam believed her at the right time.

But she wasn't even lucky, because she. was. not. going. home.

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, wallflower75 said:

Lex from Africa.

Yes but atleast back then he did have a valid reason as past votes against you were the basis of deciding who goes home in the case of a tie.  Ken just seemed offended that anyone would dare vote against him.

• Love 4