Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E04: Fall

• Start Topic

Okay. 

As a Christopher Girl (I feel I am on my own little island here), I finally got my little squee that he was there, and then i just got so mad). I always felt that Christopher always wanted to be there from the moment he found out Lorelai was pregnant. He wanted to get married, Lorelai said no. He wanted to be involved more, and Lorelai didn't want to ruin his life. Yes he had his flighty period (which was dumb and immature) - but it doesn't change (for me) that for a time he wanted to get settled and be married. 

Maybe it would have ended badly, but Christopher wanted to try. Lorelai wanted to be all "Sisters are doing it for themselves" (which I suppose is fine but this was also something that constantly raised its ugly head. Season 2 - why did it end? because Sherry was pregnant. Christopher didn't want to miss a single moment of being a dad, because he missed it all the first time. Why? Because Lorelai pushed him away). Could he have pushed back? Sure but I never got the feeling he was happy to shirk his responsibility. Anyhooo.. 

Rory being pregnant with Logan's baby. Whatever. They're both selfish, selfish people. Like I get the whole "dynasty legacy" thing, and if we're ignoring Season 7 (which i didn't even mind so I like it) - Why is Logan all okay with being okay with a Marriage of Connivence? It's obviously not just about sex between these two so why play it off as "Vegas Dalliances?" that's something I've not gotten. 

Jess being in love with Rory, well ironically when they were together, he wasn't ready to be with someone - and it's obvious that Rory isn't ready to be with an adult. 

I didn't like the Sookie squish in (because it really felt that Melissa forgot how to play Sookie).

Ironically - I loved this episode out of the 4. lol but it left me the angriest. I just think, yeah - sure, you might get a second season. But why play risk with that? There was enough whimsy, nostaglia in this (minus the Town meeting. I love them), in this episode... I would have cut out 1/2 of the Wild nonsense - but I loved the Lorelai epiphany, and it made me cry),  and i'm like that's how all 4 could have been. maybe end this with Lorelai Gilmore The 4th (You know it's gonna be). then it could have been "It's gonna be okay." <<--- there. 4 words. 

because basically, now we're left with a huge cliffhanger, of a show... that really had none. 

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jess looking at Rory through the window at the end was so contrived and lame. They had zero chemistry with each other throughout these episodes and nothing lead us to think he was carrying a torch for her 10 years later.

l thought it was a lazy cop out.

4 minutes ago, starri said:
15 minutes ago, Daisy said:

As a Christopher Girl (I feel I am on my own little island here)

We are a nation of two.  Although I'm clearly not a girl.

Me too, and I am a girl!

Another Christopher girl here :) I appreciated how that scene felt like Amy addressing a long-running fan debate in a way, for Chris to be outright asked and have to explain why he wasn't more involved in raising Rory, and it fit with how I always pictured it. It's not that he couldn't have fought harder (and perhaps should have), but I always felt like he picked up that Lorelai was determined to do it alone, and she would have never been into a shared custody arrangement. It's easy to say that the door has always been open when you know there's nothing to worry about there, but she was certainly openly uncomfortable in season 2 when it looked like it was going to become a regular thing for Rory to be staying with Chris and Sherry, Lorelai was immediately complaining to Rory about how it was taking away from Lorelai's time with her daughter. For all of her pointed comments on Chris being unreliable, the sense I got was that Rory having a dad who only stopped by/called when he found the time was exactly how Lorelai secretly preferred it

23 minutes ago, starri said:

We are a nation of two.  Although I'm clearly not a girl.

Edited by Frelling Tralk
4 hours ago, chitowngirl said:

I've never understood why Rory Gilmore was not good enough for the Huntzbergers but cocktail waitress Shira was, unless Shira got pregnant. And if that was the case, she certainly learned how to be the kind of wife that the Huntzbergers required.

It wasn't that she was "not good enough" in terms of social standing. It's that she was a career girl... and Huntzbergers needed trophy wives, who would stay home and go to DAR meetings and host fancy parties.

Does anyone actually enjoy Miss Celine?

23 minutes ago, Daisy said:

I am not alone! (sobs with happiness). 

I would like a spot in the island as well! I long ago posted in the Unpopular Opinions thread that I was a Christopher girl. I know he had his flaws, but I always liked him best out of Lorelai's guys and wish they could have worked it out.

I'm in the middle. I never thought Christopher was OMG TEH EVUL. I always liked him, and got why Lorelei loved him, but understood why she knew not to build a future for herself and Rory with him as part of the foundation. He has always been a sweet, funny, well-intentioned, smart, indulged, and weak-willed boy who, despite money and professional responsibilities, could not progress much beyond that.

I liked Rory's chemistry with both Dean and Jess in the revival. Maybe because she saw them both as parts of her past, she was able to relax and be more of herself around them because she felt there was nothing at stake.

I know he had his flaws, but I always liked him best out of Lorelai's guys and wish they could have worked it out.

Looks like there are at least six or seven of us on this island :) And I always felt Christopher and Lorelai had far more of a chemistry and natural compatibility and connection than Luke and Lorelai. I'm not talking about mere physical attraction---they seemed to genuinely get each other on every level vastly better than LL do, and even though we clearly weren't supposed to feel this way, to me Lorelai always seemed a whole lot happier around Christopher than Luke.

As long as we're confessing here, since we keep (very understandably!) drawing Christopher/Logan parallels, I'll add that I find Christopher far more likable and appealing than Logan. I've been told many times why Logan is actually a better person and that may be true (though I'm less inclined to feel that way after this revival), but to me Christopher just always came across as more sincere and a lot less smarmy than Logan does. I know, I know...I'm kind of at a table for one on that one :)

Edited by amensisterfriend

I was always torn between Luke and Christopher. They are so different and their chemistry and relationship with Lorelai are very different too. I feel like she would have been great with either guy and it kinda "spoke to me" in a way that I always hate "THE ONE" trope. I'm more of a cluster of souls type of person. As in, there are people that are destined to touch your life and be around you, but "destiny" is not linear, it depends on YOUR (and their) choices and circumstances that lead from those choices. I guess I like to have illusion of having some control over my life lol

completely random thing. Tango club. The dancer with no sleeves and a tattoo on his right shoulder... It was TOTALLY Artem from DWTS! ( I'll recognize "mah man" anywhere lol)

25 minutes ago, amensisterfriend said:

Looks like there are at least six or seven of us on this island :) And I always felt Christopher and Lorelai had far more of a chemistry and natural compatibility and connection than Luke and Lorelai. I'm not talking about mere physical attraction---they seemed to genuinely get each other on every level vastly better than LL do, and even though we clearly weren't supposed to feel this way, to me Lorelai always seemed a whole lot happier around Christopher than Luke.

As long as we're confessing here, since we keep (very understandably!) drawing Christopher/Logan parallels, I'll add that I find Christopher far more likable and appealing than Logan. I've been told many times why Logan is actually a better person and that may be true (though I'm less inclined to feel that way after this revival), but to me Christopher just always came across as more sincere and a lot less smarmy than Logan does. I know, I know...I'm kind of at a table for one on that one :)

I'll join you at your table. :)

I do agree with the sentiment above - Christopher wasn't really encouraged to really be there (and he took the easy road out in the beginning), but I never got the idea that the door was opened to the point that Christopher + Rory could truly have the relationship that Lorelai + Rory had. I do (and always thought) Lorelai prevented a true and deep relationship for Rory + Christopher. and I hope that Rory doesn't make the same mistakes (but from everything I gathered - she might, and that makes me sad). 

39 minutes ago, amensisterfriend said:

I always felt Christopher and Lorelai had far more of a chemistry and natural compatibility and connection than Luke and Lorelai.

I wonder if that's because David Sutcliffe and Lauren Graham had better personal chemistry than Graham and Scott Patterson.

2 hours ago, amensisterfriend said:

Exactly! I'm all for silly fun and am not exactly the paragon of maturity when I reunite with my college friends, but the LDB still just seem like such overly self-indulgent, smug, obnoxiously drunken d-bags even after all these years. Suffice it to say that Logan fits right in. Come to think of it, so does Rory now. And the 'romance' of them having sex yet again while Logan is engaged? How adorable and swoon-worthy! Seriously, it really bugs me that the show tried to make them 'cute' and didn't even really deal with how sordid and gross their whole "arrangement" was, at least to me. I actually agree that Rory looked happier during their partying than at any point in the series, and that actually makes me a little sad. THIS is what makes Rory happy now, where she feels in her element? Partying with complete jerks who she's not even genuinely close with? I don't know, I'm not explaining it well, but this used to be a girl who for years was so genuinely content with a very different kind of 'fun', and now she's just like the other girls the Life and Death Brigade used to hang out with. 

I keep thinking of how much the Rory we met at age 16 would mock and justifiably dislike the Rory of age 32. Sure, she always had flaws, but they seemed a lot more relatable to me then and were balanced out by at least a few traits that I liked and admired. Now? Not so much. I agree that this Rory is probably the logical result of a child who never had to deal with adversity or the direct consequences of poor choices, who was universally revered and supported by an entire town of people even when she had done little to nothing to earn it, who always reaped the benefits of privilege while still framing herself as a plucky underdog, who had men and various opportunities and gifts falling at her feet, and who just doesn't have much fortitude and resilience. But that doesn't mean I enjoyed seeing it on my screen! I miss the old Rory, even if I'm now wondering whether that Rory only really existed in my fanwank-prone imagination rather than on screen. 

Now get off my lawn. ;)

The LDB, Rory as a perma-mistress and his buddies trying to help him hook that up?  How very Noel Coward.  The anthisis of authenticity.  

And yes, I'm disturbed Rory looked so happy.   But to some extent, I think that the writer's weren't going for "gross" but were trying to depict a carefree-first-class-only lifestyle.  And they (the writers) are proud of their girl for giving that up. I suppose I'd have to look for an interview but I'm with @amensisterfriend; I think I'll go turn on the water sprinklers to get them off my lawn. 

3 hours ago, msani19 said:

Are Logan and Rory the same age or is he older? I thought he was a year or two older, putting him around 33-35. If the LDB crew are closer to Logan's age, perhaps a little older there too, that makes their behavior even more ridiculous to me. Dudes getting close to 40 acting like moronic, irresponsible, & immature college kids. I'm all for maintaining those close friendships and socializing & enjoying your circle of friends, but why do they need to be so douchey? Tossing money around like that? Buying everything just because you can.? Annoying.

Logan celebrated his 25th birthday in season 7, so he would be 35 by the time of the revival. We know that he took time off of school and graduated a year ahead of Rory. But yeah, all I could think was these LDB crew members are mid thirties, at least. Who knows if Colin, Finn, and Robert are actually older than Logan by even a couple of years. It is immature and it's not as funny knowing that they're nearing 40 with no sign as to when they'll stop.

1 hour ago, CheeseBurgh said:

Jess looking at Rory through the window at the end was so contrived and lame. They had zero chemistry with each other throughout these episodes and nothing lead us to think he was carrying a torch for her 10 years later.

For me, I think they could still have chemistry...if they were given more than a small scene with them (and maybe without a desk separating them!). I thought that they still had that easy going banter that always worked with the two of them.  We didn't get to see them really touch or be close to each other (besides Rory grabbing his jacket at the end on the porch). The other scenes that Jess had were with Luke, so we weren't given a lot to go on. But I do think that end scene was either a sign or a tease that Jess still has some lingering feelings for Rory. Even if I personally say that he should cut his losses and book it out of there before Rory cheats on him next, I do think ASP was trying to throw Jess/Rory fans something, but it ended up making people feel sorry for Jess more than anything. I've even seen hardcore anti-Jess fans actually feel sorry for him. It also would have been fine if Jess was happy with another girl and there was no staring through the window moment. The fact that they left Jess single goes to show that they might possibly explore something there IF they go for another revival season. 

I don't know; it made me feel sorry for Jess since Rory has stopped showing interest in him. It's just sad that this is what we're left with for Jess' end. He got to pep talk Rory/Luke and then stare through a window at Rory as his last scene involves Luke asking about his feelings for Rory. While Rory still loves Logan, is now having his child, and now Logan will always be involved in Rory's life, and possibly romantically since their feelings have never changed after 10 years. 

3 hours ago, Nanrad said:

It's because they see nothing wrong with what Logan is doing and that may because they don't see anything wrong with it in general. I doubt they see it as a last hurrah and just something that men like them do. And they like Rory, but not enough to want better for her, so they get to see her come around all of the time. 

How awesome would it have been if one of them had sat her down during that bit and been all, "Listen, hun. You deserve better than this arrangement."?

That might have provided me, at least, with some backup to my theory (hope?) that they're not still doing the LDB thing regularly, but pulled it out because Rory needed a pick-me-up. Although better backup for that notion would have been if they had sat down, totally wiped, at some point, and then realized it was only, like, eleven. But still. I cling to the faint hope that this was an unusual throwback for them. Probably because I can't help but cling to any shreds of Logan not being a complete entitled asshat...

3 minutes ago, kingshearte said:

That might have provided me, at least, with some backup to my theory (hope?) that they're not still doing the LDB thing regularly, but pulled it out because Rory needed a pick-me-up.

FWIW I definitely had the impression that they were doing this "for old times' sake" because Rory was so down, rather than they still spent most of their time traipsing about like a bunch of ninnies.  That's the main reason I was able to enjoy the whole LDB trip.

8 minutes ago, kingshearte said:

How awesome would it have been if one of them had sat her down during that bit and been all, "Listen, hun. You deserve better than this arrangement."?

That might have provided me, at least, with some backup to my theory (hope?) that they're not still doing the LDB thing regularly, but pulled it out because Rory needed a pick-me-up. Although better backup for that notion would have been if they had sat down, totally wiped, at some point, and then realized it was only, like, eleven. But still. I cling to the faint hope that this was an unusual throwback for them. Probably because I can't help but cling to any shreds of Logan not being a complete entitled asshat...

Yeah, I didn't get the impression that this was a regular thing either.  In fact, Rory appeared confused when it first began until she heard the Gazette worker (sorry I don't remember her name) mention "in omnia paratus" and saw the gorilla masks.  I think your theory is correct that Logan was just trying to cheer her up after she was so upset on the phone instead of pulling her into a typical escapade.

Edited by NumberCruncher
47 minutes ago, SueB said:

I actually agree that Rory looked happier during their partying than at any point in the series, and that actually makes me a little sad. THIS is what makes Rory happy now, where she feels in her element? Partying with complete jerks who she's not even genuinely close with? I don't know, I'm not explaining it well, but this used to be a girl who for years was so genuinely content with a very different kind of 'fun', and now she's just like the other girls the Life and Death Brigade used to hang out with. 

Rory wasn't just looking to have fun. A little earlier in the episode she mentioned that she needed to be "twenty again". That's what I saw the LDB doing for her -- fullfilling a craving. She looked happy because she was allowed to step out of her reality as an failed adult into a dream. A good book wasn't gonna be enough to pull her out of misery.

2 hours ago, Daisy said:

As a Christopher Girl (I feel I am on my own little island here), I finally got my little squee that he was there, and then i just got so mad). I always felt that Christopher always wanted to be there from the moment he found out Lorelai was pregnant. He wanted to get married, Lorelai said no. He wanted to be involved more, and Lorelai didn't want to ruin his life. Yes he had his flighty period (which was dumb and immature) - but it doesn't change (for me) that for a time he wanted to get settled and be married. 

Maybe it would have ended badly, but Christopher wanted to try. Lorelai wanted to be all "Sisters are doing it for themselves" (which I suppose is fine but this was also something that constantly raised its ugly head. Season 2 - why did it end? because Sherry was pregnant. Christopher didn't want to miss a single moment of being a dad, because he missed it all the first time. Why? Because Lorelai pushed him away). Could he have pushed back? Sure but I never got the feeling he was happy to shirk his responsibility. Anyhooo.. 

I'll start out by saying that I'm addressing the Christopher remarks because I find the fascinating and stimulating, so I'm not trying to be argumentative, despite my feelings towards him. :) (and I'm not trying to make anyone's opinions less valid or mine more important or anything).

IMO, it seems more like Chris wanted to get married because that's what you did when your girlfriend got pregnant out of wedlock opposed to actually wanting to be a parent. He wanted to support Lorelai, but not necessarily be a dad, which is a difference. And, idk, some men do feel like they can only effectively parent if they are with the mother, which is false. There are/were plenty of men who settled down and married and weren't/aren't good dads, so that's why I personally measure successful parenting by active parenting regardless of marital status with the person you share a child with.

Hmm...idk, some of what he missed was voluntarily. Because we do see moments in the series where Lorelei voluntarily involved him, even if it was reluctantly, and he didn't come through. I don't think Chris was happy to shirk his responsibility, but I think he didn't lose any sleep at night because of it either. And what's interesting is Lorelei saying that she waited for him to get his stuff together after the sherry thing happened, so I don't know how much she pushed him away if she secretly wanted a family with Chris. She turned down his proposal because 1. he did it for the wrong reason 2. he wasn't ready for that type of life. Most teen marriages do end in divorce. 

1 hour ago, Frelling Tralk said:

Another Christopher girl here :) I appreciated how that scene felt like Amy addressing a long-running fan debate in a way, for Chris to be outright asked and have to explain why he wasn't more involved in raising Rory, and it fit with how I always pictured it. It's not that he couldn't have fought harder (and perhaps should have), but I always felt like he picked up that Lorelai was determined to do it alone, and she would have never been into a shared custody arrangement. It's easy to say that the door has always been open when you know there's nothing to worry about there, but she was certainly openly uncomfortable in season 2 when it looked like it was going to become a regular thing for Rory to be staying with Chris and Sherry, Lorelai was immediately complaining to Rory about how it was taking away from Lorelai's time with her daughter. For all of her pointed comments on Chris being unreliable, the sense I got was that Rory having a dad who only stopped by/called when he found the time was exactly how Lorelai secretly preferred it

I don't think she would have been comfortable with doing shared custody either, but I do believe she would've done what she felt was best for Rory. Also, my sister primarily raises her son, but his dad is the son's favorite, which she admitted to it making her jealous. When one parent does all of the hard, gritty work, the parent may become jealous and resentful because they expect their child to direct most or all of their affections to them rather to the parent who doesn't do nearly as much. But, regardless of what Lorelei preferred, it doesn't change that Chris was unreliable and I doubt that Lorelei wanted Rory to be let down by her dad.

40 minutes ago, Daisy said:

I do agree with the sentiment above - Christopher wasn't really encouraged to really be there (and he took the easy road out in the beginning), but I never got the idea that the door was opened to the point that Christopher + Rory could truly have the relationship that Lorelai + Rory had. I do (and always thought) Lorelai prevented a true and deep relationship for Rory + Christopher. and I hope that Rory doesn't make the same mistakes (but from everything I gathered - she might, and that makes me sad). 

This is not me being snarky: but why does anyone have to encourage Chris to be a dad? Even as a grown man, like, couldn't he have made that step on his own, especially because he knew he missed out on so much? Even if he had been there for Rory since the beginning, I don't think he would've had a close relationship with Rory like Lorelei does and that's completely fine. Some children bond more with one parent than the other. I do believe that Chris prevented himself from having a better relationship with his daughter by being unreliable though.

The only thing Lorelei could have done differently to encourage their relationship was marry Chris when he first asked her, which I don't think is fair to Lorelei because you shouldn't have to marry anyone in order to get them to parent and be involved. 

5 hours ago, Kanena said:

Rori was a disappointment as usual. She finally seemed to grow up just a little after her hook up with Logan. Then comes the twist that she is pregnant. I would like to think that Rori would be an adult and raise the baby herself, but the character we know will simply use it as a way to get taken care of and not do anything with her potential. 

This is my feeling too. Until the last four words, I liked where she was ending. She was recognizing that an apartment was a good idea, that some sort of direction in life was a good idea, that not every passion pans out as a career but it can be indulged in other ways (the Gazette gig), that being the sidepiece is not a particularly satisfying partnership. 

At 32, I don't see Rory doing what Lorelai did. Lorelai wasn't dreaming of owning an inn at 16 years old. She just took the first job she could and learned skills that suited her personality and her dream came from that. Even when we talk about Rory's "back up plan" of teaching at Chilton, it requires another 18 months of school at least! While pregnant and caring for an infant. 

2 hours ago, Daisy said:

Okay. 

So I'm not a Christopher person but I think he gets a little bit of a bad rap. Yes, he offered to marry Lorelai but like any 16 year old, he was probably pretty psyched to be let off the hook. 

My problem has never been with 16 year old Christopher but with 32 year old Christopher. He had a life of money, privilege, time, opportunity... and he did nothing with that. Did he graduate college? I never really figured that out although I know there was a prestigious school he didn't go to. When we met Chris in Season 1, Lorelai was managing an inn, raising a teenager, owned a home, and attending college. Chris couldn't afford an encyclopedia and struggled to dial the phone weekly.

I think Rory might be Christopher, not Lorelai. One would hope that if she has a baby, she'll turn into a Lorelai.   

10 minutes ago, Nanrad said:

I'll start out by saying that I'm addressing the Christopher remarks because I find the fascinating and stimulating, so I'm not trying to be argumentative, despite my feelings towards him. :) (and I'm not trying to make anyone's opinions less valid or mine more important or anything).

IMO, it seems more like Chris wanted to get married because that's what you did when your girlfriend got pregnant out of wedlock opposed to actually wanting to be a parent. He wanted to support Lorelai, but not necessarily be a dad, which is a difference. And, idk, some men do feel like they can only effectively parent if they are with the mother, which is false. There are/were plenty of men who settled down and married and weren't/aren't good dads, so that's why I personally measure successful parenting by active parenting regardless of marital status with the person you share a child with.

Hmm...idk, some of what he missed was voluntarily. Because we do see moments in the series where Lorelei voluntarily involved him, even if it was reluctantly, and he didn't come through. I don't think Chris was happy to shirk his responsibility, but I think he didn't lose any sleep at night because of it either. And what's interesting is Lorelei saying that she waited for him to get his stuff together after the sherry thing happened, so I don't know how much she pushed him away if she secretly wanted a family with Chris. She turned down his proposal because 1. he did it for the wrong reason 2. he wasn't ready for that type of life. Most teen marriages do end in divorce. 

I don't think she would have been comfortable with doing shared custody either, but I do believe she would've done what she felt was best for Rory. Also, my sister primarily raises her son, but his dad is the son's favorite, which she admitted to it making her jealous. When one parent does all of the hard, gritty work, the parent may become jealous and resentful because they expect their child to direct most or all of their affections to them rather to the parent who doesn't do nearly as much. But, regardless of what Lorelei preferred, it doesn't change that Chris was unreliable and I doubt that Lorelei wanted Rory to be let down by her dad.

This is not me being snarky: but why does anyone have to encourage Chris to be a dad? Even as a grown man, like, couldn't he have made that step on his own, especially because he knew he missed out on so much? Even if he had been there for Rory since the beginning, I don't think he would've had a close relationship with Rory like Lorelei does and that's completely fine. Some children bond more with one parent than the other. I do believe that Chris prevented himself from having a better relationship with his daughter by being unreliable though.

The only thing Lorelei could have done differently to encourage their relationship was marry Chris when he first asked her, which I don't think is fair to Lorelei because you shouldn't have to marry anyone in order to get them to parent and be involved. 

I'm not trying to excuse everything did - and that's why I said that Christopher did take the easy road and accepted it - and I always did get mad at him for nothing big a big part. But as I said - I don't think after Lorelai ran away to the shed, she wanted any help. She wanted to Do It Alone. 

From my Christopher Coloured Glasses - he did cultivate a close relationship. and I'm not saying it needed to be BFFs like Lorelai + Rory but I do think it could have been better if there weren't doors closed by Lorelai.  It was complicated(ish) situation. 

Maybe the marriage thing was again Right Thing To Do, but I don't blame him for that and he was always willing to make things work out. it is complicated but I just never saw Christopher as bad bad bad :)

3 hours ago, dirtypop90 said:

We are being led to believe that this Rory wouldn't accept financial support from her child's father so my guess is this Rory wouldn't accept money from her dad or grandma to get her Master's because she is Lorelei. :rolls eyes:

And yet Lorelei accepted money from her parents on many occasions. Not without a bad attitude and strings attached on their end, but without their money there wouldn't have been a Chilton, Yale, or Dragonfly. 

11 minutes ago, Nanrad said:

Christopher wasn't really encouraged to really be there (and he took the easy road out in the beginning), but I never got the idea that the door was opened to the point that Christopher + Rory could truly have the relationship that Lorelai + Rory had. I do (and always thought) Lorelai prevented a true and deep relationship for Rory + Christopher.

I always thought what prevented Christopher from having a closer relationship with Rory was the fact that he lived in California and didn't move back to the east coast until Sherry threatened to break up with him.  Even then, he could have called more frequently than once week and scheduled regular visits with Rory over the years.  I don't see how any of that could even remotely be considered Lorelai's fault.  It's also not fair to fault her for hesitating to allow Rory's overnight visit to Chris and Sherry if it was the first time she'd had an overnight visit with her dad.

38 minutes ago, NumberCruncher said:

Yeah, I didn't get the impression that this was a regular thing either.  In fact, Rory appeared confused when it first began until she heard the Gazette worker (sorry I don't remember her name) mention "in omnia paratus" and saw the gorilla masks.  I think your theory is correct that Logan was just trying to cheer her up after she was so upset on the phone instead of pulling her into a typical escapade.

Same.

And how do we know she wasn't still genuinely friend with them? I can believe she kept up with them because she does have unforgettable college memories including them. I have a soft spot for the LBD personally because I was a nerd that attended a D1 school and tutored student athletes who were basically the LBD but with less money (they didn't need it because they got so many things for free) they irked me. I thought they were totally ridiculous, jerks, womanizers etc. But they were nice to me and would also take me out and try to get me to have some fun since I pretty much didn't leave my dorm. Lol I still keep up with some of them. So I can totally buy Rory being happy to have a night of fun with the LBD a decade later.

26 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

And yet Lorelei accepted money from her parents on many occasions. Not without a bad attitude and strings attached on their end, but without their money there wouldn't have been a Chilton, Yale, or Dragonfly. 

Yea, loans. Chilton was presented as a loan. My memory is fuzzy on the dragon fly (I didn't really care for the later seasons and really didn't pay much attention to this s/l).  And Lorelai didn't really accept money for Yale. Rory did. She was an adult then and Richard/Emily's And Chris's checks I'm sure went straight to Yale. without them Rory would've needed financial aid because Lorelei couldn't have foot that bill even if she wanted to. Not to mention for sixteen years she didn't accept anything from anyone even tho it meant living with her child in a shed.

I believe the posters were suggesting Rory ask her grandma or her dad to pay for her to get her Master's, not ask them for loans she would be expected to pay back, which is something Lorelai wouldn't do. And since ASP desperately wants to pretend Rory is just like Lorelai, it is not something new Rory would do.

Edited by dirtypop90

It seemed to me that Rory kept up with the LDB and considered them her friends. She recognized them immediately, was excited to see them, knew and asked about Colin's recent surgery, and went with them without a qualm.

I agree with those who got the impression this was a "one-off" done to cheer Rory up. Logan, at least, has a high-pressure job on another continent.

1 hour ago, NumberCruncher said:

That might have provided me, at least, with some backup to my theory (hope?) that they're not still doing the LDB thing regularly, but pulled it out because Rory needed a pick-me-up.

Logan wasn't trying to "cheer her up"; he was trying to win her back as his side piece, and the assholish LDB as they always have cheerfully signed on to enable his shitty plan. The cheering her up was the method of getting her back, not the ultimate goal. It was classic Logan: another one of his bullshit grand gestures aimed at winning her back by erasing the memory of his previous shitty treatment of her. Thus this dialogue between them:

Logan: Sure you don't want breakfast?
Rory: I'm sure.

Logan: I'd like to drive you back.

Rory: I know.

Logan: I dragged you out here...

Rory: You didn't drag me. You took me on my own Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. How many girls can say that?

Logan: Didn't work though, did it?

Rory: Every ride has to end.

The LDB caper clearly did work to cheer Rory up, but Logan bitterly remarked that it "didn't work," and the implication is that it didn't work because Rory was still giving him the heave ho and refusing to resume her position as his side piece.

And although this issue wasn't raised in the quoted posts above, while I'm on the subject, I also call bullshit on the idea that the LDB "love Rory." They don't. Just as if Logan really cared about her, he wouldn't treat her the way he treats her in the revival, if the LDB really cared about her, they'd be appalled that Logan was carrying on an affair with her despite having no intention of leaving Odette, would be disgusted at the idea of being recruited into a campaign to get Rory to change her mind after breaking up with Logan, and would refuse to participate in any attempt of Logan's to get her back as his side piece. They don't really care about Rory, of course, at least as a person as opposed to some kind of favourite toy, so they don't do any of that and cheerfully enable Logan's bullshit just as he's always cheerfully enabled theirs. I've always said that the fact that Logan was BFF with such garbage individuals spoke incredibly poorly of him, and it's nice to see that confirmed once more.

I also call bullshit on Logan's offer of the secret house as anything other than manipulative. What nonsense. Rory seeing through that house offer garbage was the smartest she's been throughout the whole revival. It also drew a stark contrast between Jess' way of helping Rory, which offered assistance with no hope of personal benefit, and Logan's, which was aimed at putting her in his debt and keeping her dependent on him in classic side piece style. It's very telling that Logan knew it was over when Rory refused the house. If there were no strings attached to the offer and it was a selfless offer made purely to advance Rory's career, why did he treat her refusal of the house as equivalent to dumping him? The answer is that it was bullshit, and they both knew it. That offer was the opposite of romantic and supportive. That Logan would see it that way and frame it as a grand romantic gesture says volumes about him.

Edited by Eyes High

Logan didn't sound "bitter" to me; he sounded wistful/resigned because he realized it was truly the end of their relationship, and maybe even their friendship.

I thought the goal was to get Rory to forget her worries, and while it worked for a time, in the light of day real life was intruding again. That's how I interpreted their lines, but obviously MMV.

As for the LDB not really caring about Rory, because they didn't speak out against her affair with Logan, Rory's own mother didn't have much reaction, so I don't see why her friends would be expected to. 

17 hours ago, Eyes High said:

I saw posters on another board complain about Rory turning up her nose at the Chilton job offer, because who does she think she is etc. etc., but I get why she wasn't thrilled at the idea. At least with the Stars Hollow Gazette job, it's still in her field. Becoming a teacher would be an admission that she had failed as a journalist, and she told Jess as much when she included the headmaster's job offer in a list of supposed instances of others smelling "failure" on her. I think she eventually made her peace with her failure in Fall with her confession to Christopher that journalism wasn't working out for her, but it took her a long time to acknowledge that, much less accept it.

The other reason she balked is that for all of the headmaster's unctuous praise of Rory, in context the offer seemed to be extended to help out an alumna in a tough spot. Even if Rory wasn't above begging for a job later in the revival from Taylor, no one wants to be treated like a charity case.

Lastly, from a strictly pragmatic perspective, it would be insanely stupid for an already-broke Rory to go get a Master's on what was essentially a casual offer from a kindly old headmaster who is likely thisclose to retirement and unlikely to be replaced by someone keen on honouring his/her predecessor's offhand promises. Rory's dumb, but she's not that dumb. Getting a Master's is not the worst idea, if Rory could scrape together the cash, but going to all that effort just because the headmaster made an offhand remark about there being a potential job in it for her? Dumb, dumb, dumb.

I agree with this. I think Rory could be a good teacher, but going back to school when she had very little to no money would be silly. And personally, I thought it was silly that she'd need her Masters to teach anyways. Seems like a waste to me when people most certainly teach with less (though I'll admit I'm unfamiliar with all the qualifications needed). My issue was the fact that she turned up her nose at the SandeeSays job and totally gave up on the lines piece for no reason other than boredom. Sure, SandeeSays was not as prestigious as she wanted, but it was a job. If she had put a little effort into it instead of thinking she could sashay in on almost ten years of almost nothing and one article in the New Yorker then she could have used it as a stepping stone to 'better' things. I hated how she acted as if she was so above it all when she had literally nothing going on and then couldn't even sell herself in the interview. And the lines piece really upset me because that was a great way to get her foot in the door that she totally threw away. Hated her attitude throughout, but Spring was filled with so many poor career decisions. 

14 hours ago, thesupremediva1 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I'd love to see them end up together, but they did a terrible job of setting that up in a realistic way...

...because far too much time was spent on Rory's dalliance with Logan. Really nice touch that Rory still has no problem with infidelity. Her boyfriend and his fiancee? Mere inconveniences for her and dear Logan... I couldn't stand Logan or his moronic friends in the first iteration, and they grate even more on this one. Why oh why did he have to be the old boyfriend to make an appearance in each episode? 

It annoys me that we invested so much time on Logan and Rory and framed it as if they felt so deeply for each other they'd cheat for years, but then have them not even end up together. Once everything was said and done, and I looked back at everything it felt as if so much of that (and the Musical) could have been cut for something else. Total waste of time for something with no payoff (not counting the pregnancy). Should have set it up in Winter, ended it early in Spring and then the one last night pregnancy thing could still have been in Fall. I'm still salty we didn't get more with Jess, and Lane or a real conclusion to Paris/Doyle. 

The LDB was dumb to me. It was kind of pretty, but I don't think it was that important. I totally agree that it was primarily a gesture to get Rory back as Logan's side piece, though. Rory being cheered up was merely a bonus. Logan meant to dazzle her with all that made her fall in love with him in the first place so she'd fall under his sway yet again. And the rest of the group went along with it because they were (and probably still are) much closer to Logan than they were to Rory. Plus, they all probably live that same exact Logan lifestyle, maybe not with the sidepiece being someone they care about, but with the swarmy attitudes they had at the Tango Club I doubt any of them would have the gall to deviate from the 'dynastic plan' either. So they all probably sympathize/empathize with Logan and think this is normal behavior. It's only natural they'd help him out in this way. 

Also, I remember reading a couple reviews that were like the Logan/Rory tango scene really sizzled and I really didn't feel anything? I mean, Rory and Logan did have a connection throughout, but there wasn't anything special to me there. 

8 hours ago, dirtypop90 said:

But WHY would she do this? what cushy life would Logan have to give up? He may lose a fiancé (assuming she would even care and this isn't a business relationship) but I don't understand how being a father to his kid would ruin Logan's life. He's not a teenager like her father was. He's got his degree and his money and his networks and his work experience etc. Why would she deny not only his right to be a father but her child having a father? Why would she not accept financial support from Logan for her child? I don't see a good reason to deprive her child in this way. It feels like she and her mother glamorized being a single parent so much so that Rory doesn't think a child needs a father. That is what I am most bothered by. Everyday couples have to change plans when they unexpectedly pop up pregnant. This pregnancy wouldn't be the end of thirty year old Logan's world. I am so annoyed by this because I actually enjoyed Rory up til the point when it was implied that she would follow Lorelei's footsteps. yes, she had a messy year but this wasn't the end of her story. Then they went and implied she was going to end up just like Lorelei and now I hate her s/l lol

I really hope Rory tells Logan and accepts his help/support if he wants to be in his kids' life. There is nothing 'cool' about single motherhood. There's nothing wrong with single parenting, but if the other person is willing to be there, then that's a good thing. And I don't think it'd be fair of Rory to rob her child or Logan of a relationship because she wants to have a creepily close relationship with the kid. It makes me think of those people who have a child just to have someone to love them, and then force the kid to bend over backwards so that they feel good about themselves. I see shades of this with Lorelai and Rory. I like that they're close, but there are plenty of moments that show that Lorelai in her 'best friends first' mentality manipulated Rory to be her mini me. I don't think they're toxic or anything, but Rory clearly has this romantic view of the whole thing when it wasn't quite as healthy as she thinks. 

Plus, being a single parent is very, very difficult and I don't think Rory realizes that. She has a lot more going for her than Lorelai did back then, but it's undoubtedly still hard to go it all alone.  I also think that Rory assumes she'll have a sweet well-mannered girl much like herself rather than the (assumed) hellion that Lorelai was. 

Edited by FrumiusManxome
clarification

The idea that a man should have to be "encouraged" to be a father is so bizarre to me. If he really wanted to be a dad, a lack of "encouragement" from Lorelai or anything else she did to push him away (and it's not like she was taking him to court) should not have been a deterrent. He clearly didn't want to be a father that much, if a lack of encouragement was enough to keep him away.

I feel like the way we talk about Christopher is so dependent on his gender. Can you imagine how we would talk about a mother who only visited her child's hometown once during the first sixteen years of the child's life?  We just expect much less from men, as parents, so a guy who can barely bother to call his daughter is just someone who didn't get enough encouragement.

43 minutes ago, photo fox said:

Logan didn't sound "bitter" to me; he sounded wistful/resigned because he realized it was truly the end of their relationship, and maybe even their friendship.

I thought the goal was to get Rory to forget her worries, and while it worked for a time, in the light of day real life was intruding again. That's how I interpreted their lines, but obviously MMV.

As for the LDB not really caring about Rory, because they didn't speak out against her affair with Logan, Rory's own mother didn't have much reaction, so I don't see why her friends would be expected to. 

Do you really think that if Logan called up Lorelai and asked for her blessing in getting Rory back as his side piece, much less her active assistance, that she'd give it? Lorelai did tell Rory that sleeping with an engaged man was "way sluttier" than a one night stand, so while she didn't hit the roof as she did with Dean, she was clearly not pleased.

He did sound bitter to me; Rory was praising the "wild ride," but it didn't change the fact that it hadn't won her back. Otherwise, he'd be happy to have cheered her up and taken the night for what it was: a last hurrah. Instead, he was shocked and alarmed when Rory returned the supposed "no strings key," implying that she was severing ties with him. That clearly wasn't the plan. That he was bitter that his scheme hadn't worked because Rory had ended their relationship strongly implied to me at least that cheering her up hadn't been his aim: his method, maybe, but not his aim. 

Edited by Eyes High

Dammit ASP, if you're going to tease me with a Kiefer Sutherland appearance and a Steely Dan flash mob you better give me a Kiefer Sutherland appearance and a Steely Dan flash mob.

I really am glad that many here seemed to enjoy the revival because I have such an attachment to this show that I would hate to see AYITL get completely trashed. But I disliked almost all of it. The LDB? Rory loves them? Because through the series Robert was supposed to be a jerk, Finn could never remember who she was (yes, Rory was essentially the Paul of the LDB) and they were the crew Rory held responsible for Logan's accident. And they stole antique sewing boxes because they are all so very Bad Ass. Ugh.

I've always thought of Logan as Christopher 2.0 and every time they call Rory "Ace" and "kiddo" I want to punch them both in the throat.

The wedding scene made it look like they were setting up Lorelai, Luke and Rory for the creepiest threesome ever.

I've poisoned this thread enough. I'll try to decompress before unleashing again.

1 hour ago, Eyes High said:
1 hour ago, photo fox said:

Do you really think that if Logan called up Lorelai and asked for her blessing in getting Rory back as his side piece, much less her active assistance, that she'd give it? Lorelai did tell Rory that sleeping with an engaged man was "way sluttier" than a one night stand, so while she didn't hit the roof as she did with Dean, she was clearly not pleased.

Did they ever mention that he proposed to her? I felt like ASP ignored season 7 regarding Logan and Rory's relationship. In her world Logan never grew, matured, spoke to Lorelai or proposed to Rory. There was such a disconnect. 

1. If Ray Romano had been available, would there have been a THIRD day of park rangers from past Parenthood cast members?
2. I'm not a big fan of magic realism, so the extended Life and Death Brigade had me yearning for another 20 minutes
    of the musical number.  The LDB went on too long and was, IMHO, unnecessary.  Rory and Logan could have gotten
   together without all the LDB numbers.
3.  I thought the rush wedding ceremony was typical of Lorelei's selfishness.  Did they have the "public" ceremony the next day as planned?  Why didn't they wait for her mother to be there.  Why wasn't her mother there the night before?  Was there a reason April wasn't there?  
4. I'm no expert on the DAR, but it sounds as if they got a bad rap in this episode.  
5. Rory just runs off and leaves the paper while she writes the great American novel?

On 11/25/2016 at 7:24 PM, GreenScreenFX said:

Am the only person that sees Jess is the possible father? Rory and Logan broke up during Summer. Jess and Rory had definitely meet on several occasions prior to the wedding.... is it possible they hooked up and are just being secretive? Did I miss a scene?

I don't see that possibility. I think we would have seen some indication they were intimately involved in that timeframe.

However, has no one considered the One Night Wookie as the possible baby daddy? Based on her telling of that incident and how impulsive it was, there easily could've been a lack of birth control in use. 

11 minutes ago, operakatz said:

I don't see that possibility. I think we would have seen some indication they were intimately involved in that timeframe.

However, has no one considered the One Night Wookie as the possible baby daddy? Based on her telling of that incident and how impulsive it was, there easily could've been a lack of birth control in use. 

L and L's wedding was on November 5.  Wookieman was in the spring - so sometime before June 21.  I don't think she was in her second trimester.  Plus, she did a lot of drinking in Summer and with the LaDB in Fall.

1 hour ago, buckboard said:

1. If Ray Romano had been available, would there have been a THIRD day of park rangers from past Parenthood cast members?
2. I'm not a big fan of magic realism, so the extended Life and Death Brigade had me yearning for another 20 minutes
    of the musical number.  The LDB went on too long and was, IMHO, unnecessary.  Rory and Logan could have gotten
   together without all the LDB numbers.
3.  I thought the rush wedding ceremony was typical of Lorelei's selfishness.  Did they have the "public" ceremony the next day as planned?  Why didn't they wait for her mother to be there.  Why wasn't her mother there the night before?  Was there a reason April wasn't there?  
4. I'm no expert on the DAR, but it sounds as if they got a bad rap in this episode.  
5. Rory just runs off and leaves the paper while she writes the great American novel?

Lorelei did specifically mention the regular public ceremony was going to happen as planned...

4 hours ago, dirtypop90 said:

Yea, loans. Chilton was presented as a loan. My memory is fuzzy on the dragon fly (I didn't really care for the later seasons and really didn't pay much attention to this s/l).  And Lorelai didn't really accept money for Yale. Rory did. She was an adult then and Richard/Emily's And Chris's checks I'm sure went straight to Yale. without them Rory would've needed financial aid because Lorelei couldn't have foot that bill even if she wanted to. Not to mention for sixteen years she didn't accept anything from anyone even tho it meant living with her child in a shed.

I believe the posters were suggesting Rory ask her grandma or her dad to pay for her to get her Master's, not ask them for loans she would be expected to pay back, which is something Lorelai wouldn't do. And since ASP desperately wants to pretend Rory is just like Lorelai, it is not something new Rory would do.

Rory went to her grandparents for the money for Yale so that Lorelei could buy the Dragonfly - Richard and Emily did not lend her money for the initial purchase of the inn.

Luke, however, did lend Lorelei money to finish the remodeling of the inn before they were dating. In fact, he was still married to Nicole at the time. Interestingly enough, he said Nicole wasn't involved in his decision to lend Lorelei the money.

Why doesn't Rory teach at a public school? I'm sure Stars Hollow High would be thrilled to get a Yale graduate on staff and she could pursue her Master's Degree on her own terms.

Who am I kidding - that would require some forethought and character growth, both things that seemed to be lacking for Rory in these four episodes.

3 hours ago, armadillo1224 said:

I feel like the way we talk about Christopher is so dependent on his gender. Can you imagine how we would talk about a mother who only visited her child's hometown once during the first sixteen years of the child's life?  We just expect much less from men, as parents, so a guy who can barely bother to call his daughter is just someone who didn't get enough encouragement.

It's modern feminism in a nutshell IMO. It's why younger female generations discovering the show tend to prefer Chris as a person over Luke or Richard or other more 'old fashioned' types of men. MF teaches girls to go for the Chris types. The somewhat fun and irresponsible one that treats you like crap in between grand romantic gestures. Also makes for an ideal father of your child because he would leave all the responsibility behind so you can raise the child like you want to while also going to your daily job. MF basically teaches women they can't count on men and men are useless. Sometimes I miss old school feminism that was really only about equality.

They were dropping the Logan/Christopher Jess/Luke anvils hard at the end but despite that I don't mind where Rory and her career ended up.

She's smart and can write but has always lacked the hunger and drive that would have put her at the top of the journalism field so I can buy that in the last ten years she's done okay. Her work's been well received but she hasn't made an impact.

Until she starts the book we don't see her actually write, she gets nowhere with the biography and when she does go for interviews she doesn't offer them anything, creatively she seems dead. Subconsciously I think she's been winding down her journalism career since she decided to start couch surfacing. The only major expense left was her car and all those trips to London. She's really quite lucky to have so many friends and family with spare rooms.

Rory ends the series 32/33, novelist instead of reporter, volunteering as an editor of the local paper and Lorelai the Fourth is on the way. It's not a bad life and I'm uncomfortable with the idea that her education is wasted because of it. It's messy, it will be difficult especially considering the probable father and I'm hoping she's not going to be Anna about it and will tell Logan but financially she's been set since her 20s so she can buy her own Crapshack and is likely to have main custody over Lory(?).

It's not a perfect life but the revival went out of it's way to show perfect doesn't exist, and Rory Gilmore is far from perfect, and that no one gets everything they want out of life. 

Soon as I saw that the title of Rory's book is "The Gilmore Girls", I knew they would be referencing The Social Network shortly ("Drop the 'the', just Facebook, it's cleaner.")

20 minutes ago, patchwork said:

It's not a perfect life but the revival went out of it's way to show perfect doesn't exist, and Rory Gilmore is far from perfect, and that no one gets everything they want out of life. 

Yeah, I also got that message from these episodes, and I like that a lot.

When I read the speculation that the last four words will be a pregnancy announcement, I figured it would be like the ending of every other romance novel. Everyone has babies! Everything is sunshine, lollipops and rainbows! I'm not crazy about the ending we did get, but at least it's not as cloying as that.

The part I'm not crazy about is that she's pregnant from her stint as somebody's sidepiece? What the hell, show? That goes beyond imperfect, and dives right into "one paternity test short of a Maury show" territory. Surely there's gotta be other ways to make her a single mom if they must make her a single mom?

Here's another scenario I would have liked better - Rory has a pregnancy scare and we see Lorelai going through that with her. How would Lorelai react? Maybe word gets out. How would everyone else react? I want to see that play out on screen, that would have been some good drama. Then the final line is "Mom, I'm not pregnant." Cue the strummy-la-la. Big sigh of relief. Hugs all around. Crisis averted. This could have turned into a vicious cycle, but didn't.

It would still be a bittersweet full-circle ending (I do like this type of ending in theory). She still wouldn't have a "picture perfect" life. But it would feel a lot better because we wouldn't be left wondering whether another kid is going to have to grow up without a father, and whether that kid will also grow up to spawn another kid via a dysfunctional relationship and pass on the dysfunction for another generation.

15 hours ago, random chance said:

She was still drinking when she ran into Jess at the newspaper, right? So she must not have known then? Unless she was planning to have an abortion, but I can't imagine that's how ASP will write it.

If she actually writes more of this story and that is what happens next, that sure would be a twist I would never see coming, and I would have to give her kudos for that.

On ‎11‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 1:11 AM, SueB said:

Rory's job/apartment decision: 
- Based on Winter, it seems Rory has been a free-lance writer for 10 freakin' years.  It's not like she ever had a steady gig. So, who pays for her airline tickets? I get she was bumming her way on hotels, and that's fine. But it feels a little financially reckless -- and not just this past year.  Add in the implication was that she was on the road constantly.  And if her story in The New Yorker was the indications of a high point, I am just having a hard time with the financial math.  How did she afford rent for 10 years? A quick Zillow search puts a tiny place over $1000, and maybe even $1500 if it wasn't quite the dump she says it was.  So dumping that made sense if she was tight on funds. Dumping that without a place to go to?  Grandma was right -- that was NOT normal.  Compare that with her contemporaries:
- Dean - clearly married, settled down with 3 +1 kids in Scranton, PA.  Whatever his job is, he's clearly making ends meet. Of all of the old boyfriends, he seemed the most mature to be honest. Probably has a 401K.
- Jess - has a steady job in publishing (although it wasn't clear), but travels with a big backpack and dresses super casual. Crashes on people's couches for lodging (of course it may have been impossible to find a place and "home" is different than a random city). I'd say he's making ends meet and happy with what he does but I'm thinking no 401K. 
- Logan - steady job working for his Dad. Makes money all day long. Considers 401K's are beneath him.
- Paul - ?? poor schmuck.  Rory was just with him to be with someone. That did not seem very nice. But I bet he has a 401K.
- Rory - shipped boxes to four or five places (that costs a ton too) and lives out of a suitcase.  
In sum, Rory lived beyond her means as far as I can tell.  And had done so for a very long time.

This really bugged me, too, until I remembered "The Third Lorelai" (S1/E18). This is the episode in which Trix (Richard's mother) comes to visit, and is thinking of changing the terms of the trust fund she has set up for Rory, to enable Rory to receive the money immediately, as opposed to when she turns 25 (as per the original terms of the trust), so that Lorelai will not have to borrow money from Richard and Emily to pay for Chilton. As you recall, Trix ultimately decides not to change the terms of the trust, which means (since, IIRC, we were never told differently), the original terms of the trust would remain in place, meaning Rory would have received the money at the age of 25. Had Rory carefully managed that money, it's possible she had been using that to support herself since (which would have enabled her to continue free-lancing, instead of taking a permanent position she didn't really want or felt was "beneath" her).

On 11/26/2016 at 1:32 AM, Lady Calypso said:

I'm having trouble with the quote function.  But I'm responding to the idea of recasting Sookie that was mentioned upthread.   

Yes!  I had the very same heretical thought!  Seeing MM again was great....she had a bit of trouble slipping back into character (understandable) but the bickering with Michel was priceless!  But last night as I rewatched some scenes here and there I thought, "We really needed Lorelai in the kitchen talking to Sookie throughout this thing."  

On 11/26/2016 at 6:55 PM, Daisy said:

I didn't like the Sookie squish in (because it really felt that Melissa forgot how to play Sookie).

So glad to see I'm not alone in this. That was NOT Sookie. Nope. Didn't care for it; I was glad her screen time was short lived. 

20 hours ago, chick binewski said:

Dammit ASP, if you're going to tease me with a Kiefer Sutherland appearance and a Steely Dan flash mob you better give me a Kiefer Sutherland appearance and a Steely Dan flash mob.

I think that was the biggest disappointment for me. No flash mobs.