Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 11/14/2016

Jaded
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

Jediblech just said that people want Whoopi to run for President & Whoopi says:  "When I speak, at least you know I looked stuff up!"  Bwah, ha ha ha.  (There's virtually coffee all over my kitchen table.)

Yeah, that was definitely a wtf moment. 

• Love 4

Megyn Kelly certainly thinks a lot of herself. She thought that Roger Ailes probably only sexually harassed her and not any of the other beauties on Fox News?  Poor Jedidiah, she has to wonder why she wasn't hot enough for Roger to not make a pass at her. By the way, in case you didn't catch it after Megyn mentioned the name of her book about 15 times, it's .....oh, I forgot, darn it!

Edited by Kenz
  • Love 6
On 11/16/2016 at 3:03 AM, springtime said:

I believe it was Joy (not Michelle)

Joy was in on the snark but it was actually Michelle who made the "nursing is not a talent" comment that caused such a furor. 

Damn, I wish Candice or Jed would say something nasty about nurses.  Maybe the producers would get rid of them on principle. 

• Love 4

I thought Jediblahblah was especially shitty today. STFU about Hillary and her emails. I'm SO glad Sunny hand-waved her away. And the 'call me when you need surgery'. Damn, Sunny had sass today!

Jediblahblah also looked dreadful. What the fuck was she wearing?

Oh Megan, you kissed Trump's ass for ratings. I don't doubt she was harassed, bullied, called names - I saw what Drumpf wrote about her - she didn't deserve any of it - still don't like her.

I'm glad Whoopie got into it with Jblahblah. Jblahbla needs to be shut down. HARD.

• Love 14
28 minutes ago, fishsanwitt said:

Oh Megan, you kissed Trump's ass for ratings. I don't doubt she was harassed, bullied, called names - I saw what Drumpf wrote about her - she didn't deserve any of it - still don't like her.

Why is Megyn Kelly making rounds? she is all over the place. Why is she so relevant, that people would buy her book. I would rather buy a book penned by Baba Wawa than her.  I suspect that she is very ambitious  and wants to become more mainstream. She does not want to  stay in that bizzaro world called Fox News.  I did like her confrontation with that  repellent, ogre, Newt Gingrich.  Other than that, I could care less about her..She does seem to have her own mind  and  she is not just another blonde fembot from that network.  I find it hilarious that Elizabeth in all her horrific glory, could not make it over there.. I get a perverse pleasure from that.....

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 12
7 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

Trump is interviewing her at Trump Plaza for the Secretary of State spot.

If only this were true heh and he grabbed her by the... urm..lady parts...MAYBE she'd change her view.

• Love 8

CCB got her fee fees hurt, I bet. And much like Joy, she thought - I didn't sign up for this. Ahh but there's a big difference. Joy expresses her opinion and defends it. CCB expresses her opinion and then acts all offended when people challenge her. She can't defend it rationally. 

Megyn Kelly had a duty to reveal Trump's threats and she didn't. She's no journalist. She's just a partisan hack. 

Edited by merriebreeze
  • Love 12

Wow! I don't think I've ever seen anyone out promoting a book as aggressively as Megyn Kelly! If it weren't so early, there was possibility for a nice little drinking game there - take a shot whenever she mentions her book.

The other day she was on Dr. Phil. Looks like she's making the rounds all right.

Still trying to get over Jed's bizarre fashion statement of today....her Hickey Hiding Whiplash Collar.

• Love 2

Rather than rehashing old news, I would like to see them address some issues that are relevant now, such as, privatizing MediCare, which Ryan has promisef for 2017,  (I am very afraid of this), fake Facebook news and how it influenced Trump being elected, the electoral college petition, Russian hacking of the election process.  Im sure there are many more issues that are of concern to people. But I would want them to have someone knowledgeable on to speak about each issue.

STFU Jedi. You make my head hurt and my blood pressure go up. 

Megyn Kelly is an opportunist.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, Haleth said:

Yeah, that was definitely a wtf moment. 

Did Jedifoxbot say this today? If so, it's not the first time, and she only said it to make Whoopi stop calling her out. I bet she had that shit eatin' grin on her face. Again.??

3 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Joy was in on the snark but it was actually Michelle who made the "nursing is not a talent" comment that caused such a furor. 

Damn, I wish Candice or Jed would say something nasty about nurses.  Maybe the producers would get rid of them on principle. 

Yeah it was Michelle who made the joke and Joy who snarked in it.??

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 2

I watch this show maybe 5 times a year, was home today and caught it. The blond is a ditz for sure, and I noticed her grabbing and almost manhandling tiny Gabby Douglas throughout the whole interview, then they came back from commercial with Joy commenting on how the blond one hits her all the time. Then she all spazzily saying she gets so excited and every time Joy is funny that's her reaction, she should be flattered. Wonder if Gabby complained or reacted or something?

Anyways, I DID agree with her during hot topics about Trump's son in law basically being handed every career opportunity (and entrance to Harvard with subpar grades, bypassing the typical requirements for admittance) without any actual work or prowess so she doesn't really agree with him being handed some position in Trump government with literally zero experience.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Decoda said:

I watch this show maybe 5 times a year, was home today and caught it. The blond is a ditz for sure, and I noticed her grabbing and almost manhandling tiny Gabby Douglas throughout the whole interview, then they came back from commercial with Joy commenting on how the blond one hits her all the time. Then she all spazzily saying she gets so excited and every time Joy is funny that's her reaction, she should be flattered. Wonder if Gabby complained or reacted or something?

Anyways, I DID agree with her during hot topics about Trump's son in law basically being handed every career opportunity (and entrance to Harvard with subpar grades, bypassing the typical requirements for admittance) without any actual work or prowess so she doesn't really agree with him being handed some position in Trump government with literally zero experience.

LOL! The ditz blond is airhead Sara Haines. She is mostly silent during the complex topics (election, healthcare) and has this confused look on her face.

She is very proud of herself that she returns clothing to the store, after she has worn them. She also thought Hillary and Trump should have shaken hands at the pres debate after the Access Hollywood tape.

Keep watching!!

Did Jeditwofaced actually try to call Joy a hypocrite today in regards to E-MAILS, E-MAILS, E-MAILS? I only wish Joy had been quick enough on her feet to turn tables and ask her why she suddenly doesn't give a shit about security breaches after screaming about them for months? It wouldn't have anything to do with it all being complete bullshit in the first place, right?

EDIT: Btw, I can't remember if it was today's show or the one before where Jedicrazy tried to put the blame on Obama if nothing is done about the Keystone Pipeline in his last two-three months, because "He's the president!" Uh...did she miss when the Republicans decided he could not nominate the Supreme Court justice after Scalia's death even though "He's the president!" and with a year still left in office at that point?

11 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

Trump is interviewing her at Trump Plaza for the Secretary of State spot.

Sad thing is she would probably be a prize compared to who he will hire.

Whatever the reason, I thanked God we got 2 Candace-free days. We do not need two of them at the table. I have no idea why Sunny is not there everyday; yet another reason why the people running this show are idiots.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 9
16 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Whatever the reason, I thanked God we got 2 Candace-free days. We do not need two of them at the table. I have no idea why Sunny is not there everyday; yet another reason why the people running this show are idiots.

They are idiots..A Sunny, Joy, Nicole and Rosie O'Donnell foursome would have been awesome. 4 different, intelligent, mature  women with different life experiences that can offer alot to the audience.. It would never be on the same level as the original quartet, but, it would be different, but, wonderful..

• Love 5

I posted a little while ago my sister was not doing well after brain surgery on 10/14. I'm elated to say she is back home (alone) now......with rules and check in's. 

So my mind has been elsewhere....but I finally was able to see a full show today. 

I like M Kelly - don't always agree with her, but respect her. I enjoyed her interview and think she did the right thing for HER at the time when she was building her career and it seemed to work out pretty well for her and now she can tell women (with her book) to think of their careers but do something and walk away while STILL having the job (as she did Ailes - and is still there), don't count on HR......... Evidently she made her point and Ailes  did leave her alone and she excelled. Of course it would have been different if she hadn't.

• Love 5

I'm so glad for the both of you, maggiemae. I definitely hope things continue to improve for you both. :)

I wish I could say I respected Megyn Kelly. I do admire her guts for not allowing herself to be harassed by Ailes and now bullied by O'Reilly, but I can't say I respect her after she did her own personal best to help another man known for sexual harassment and bullying become the president by aiding the misinformation swirl and staying silent on this Trump story until after the election. Her justification for her softball interview with Trump after the primary was ludicrous.

• Love 16

Whoops is there. :(

15 hours ago, merriebreeze said:

Decoda  that's a lot of drivel. Already sites are disappearing on forums.previously.tv. if that doesn't disturb you, it should. 

What's gone missing?

• Love 3

Yes, it is both sides. I saw a video of an elderly man in Queens walking to his mailbox and teens pushed him down to the ground because he said he had voted for Trump when asked.

A young man beat up by teens because he had a Trump bumper sticker on his car.

Apparently there are young people who are targeting Trump supporters.

What the hell is Whoopi doing there on a Friday anyway!

I noticed that during the group interview at the end of the show Sara punched the guy sitting beside her.  Geez, stop it.  One of my neighbors , who I barely know, does that.  Just a matter of time before I punch her back.

• Love 3

Brava to Sunny for shutting down Paula and her false equivalencies about "both sides". I swear she, Candace, and Jedifoxnewsbot are interchangeable. They bring up the same points and arguments, word for word. We sure as hell don't need two or three of them on at the same time. 

trump added another racist to his cabinet, and I’m still supposed to give him a chance?

Edited by May Jacks
  • Love 12

I had noted something in the past that happened again today.  When Sunny gives her opinion, the tweets appearing under her discount what she is saying, WHILE she is saying it.   It doesn't seem to be reactions to WHAT she is saying, but just tweets discounting her to be contrary. 

While she's talking about Trump's cabinet picks, the tweet shown under her, says "he's picked a very strong team, he WILL make America great again!!"  and "The appointments are fine so far!  Give the man a chance!"    these are shown WHILE she's giving information about the objections to the Trump appointments, not after.  And not when she's giving her OPINION, but when she is reciting facts, or reading a statement by a Trump appointee.   But it seems like some people have their comments typed up and ready to hit 'send'  as soon as she starts talking.   The overall picture I get is that she can say what she wants, but the producers are making sure that viewers are being told that it's ok to ignore her. 

I don't like when shows feel they have to put tweets about the show on the screen anyway, but it is especially annoying when the audio portion and video portion of what I'm watching are in direct contradiction.

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, backformore said:

The overall picture I get is that she can say what she wants, but the producers are making sure that viewers are being told that it's ok to ignore her. 

Even if I could read those tweets, I wouldn't.  If I wanted to know every idiot's opinion, I'd start asking my coworkers.  These same producers that don't like Sunny are the same producers that respect Whoopi as a moderator, admire Sarah's contributions to complex issues and think BAB represents a huge part of their audience.

Totally off-topic, but I'm having a hell of a time posting today.

• Love 12

Aww, missed opportunity not connecting Alfred Enoch to the HP franchise. Too bad they wasted all that time talking about vibrators instead of giving Alfred a few more minutes. 

Whenever they talk about vibrators I feel a need to reach for the bleach.

• Love 6

It took Trump becoming president for Whoopi and Sunny to get along. Today, they shutdown Paula together and yesterday, Whoopi couldn't help laughing as they went to break when Sunny got her last jab at Jedi in about going to a doctor with experience. For a while now, Sara was really getting on my nerves, but she's actually come back around a little for me this week, bringing up Pence's anti-gay leanings one day and actually saying something in the political topics for a change. And her little asides with Joy don't seem fake and pre-planned like they do with Whoopi. Combine that with only one Foxbot-a-day the latter half of this week, and it's been the best week of the show in nearly 2 months.

I love Eddie Redmayne. I've liked him in all the interviews I've seen of him so far, and of course he's very talented. As a HP fan, I'm interested in seeing whether FB&WtFT is any good.

I didn't see How to Get Away with Murder last night. I have an off-on relationship with that show. Sometimes I'll watch when I'm bored and it's the only thing on, only to see Viola Davis's acting talent and because Enoch and the actor who plays Connor are gorgeous. Sad to find out via this show that Enoch won't be on anymore. Too bad.

• Love 4

.... where am I?  ..... what year is it????   Have I entered some kind of time warp???

Because when I got out of bed this morning, I was pretty sure it was 2016 and I was in America.  But then I turned on my TV and heard some skinny blonde white woman talking about "faking it."  And then a heavier Black woman at the other end of the table got bleeped out when she used the word "orgasm."  

Was I watching The View?  And they were seriously debating faking orgasms?  And then someone decided the word "orgasm" was so randy it required censoring?  Really?  

I am trying to decide which of those two things was the more stupid ... I think I will have to go with Sara once again over-sharing and embarrassing her husband by channeling an ignorant 1950's teenage housewife and painting a very sad picture of what is going on in her home.  But cutting out the word "orgasm" in a discussion about orgasms was pretty damn silly, too. 

Once again, I feel dumber after watching this show. 

• Love 11

don't like when shows feel they have to put tweets about the show on the screen anyway, but it is especially annoying when the audio portion and video portion of what I'm watching are in direct contradiction.

Those tweets are so annoying. I hate it when they include the name of person.  We have no clue who these people are.

1 hour ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

But then I turned on my TV and heard some skinny blonde white woman talking about "faking it."  And then a heavier Black woman at the other end of the table got bleeped out when she used the word "orgasm."  

Was I watching The View?  And they were seriously debating faking orgasms?  And then someone decided the word "orgasm" was so randy it required censoring?  Really?  

I am trying to decide which of those two things was the more stupid ... I think I will have to go with Sara once again over-sharing and embarrassing her husband by channeling an ignorant 1950's teenage housewife and painting a very sad picture of what is going on in her home.  But cutting out the word "orgasm" in a discussion about orgasms was pretty damn silly,

Oh airhead Sara just gets stupider by the minute. The poster that said she is an endless pit of need that will never be filled, please step forward. You got that one right!

She also couldn't understand why Joy doesn't like that she hits her all the time. Gosh, she has no brains!

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I am trying to decide which of those two things was the more stupid ... I think I will have to go with Sara once again over-sharing and embarrassing her husband by channeling an ignorant 1950's teenage housewife and painting a very sad picture of what is going on in her home.  But cutting out the word "orgasm" in a discussion about orgasms was pretty damn silly, too. 

Am I to surmise Sara let the world know she fakes it with her husband?  Years ago I remember reading an article that said a woman should never fake it with a man or he will continue doing it the wrong way.  That has always stuck with me.  And I must say I've been lucky because in the past few years I haven't had to fake it once.  LOL

• Love 7
7 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

Who was the woman they were talking about that high-fived the guy who gave her an orgasm?

Sara says ENTIRELY too much about her personal life!!!

Airhead Sara tries to be a "cutesy 22 year old" on this show.

Returning clothing to the store after she has worn it and  proud of it, being shocked the actors are not having sex in the bed scenes, chasing her husband in all aspects of their relationship, dancing with Lin and hitting Joy all the time. The list can go on!

She reminds me of Joey's girlfriend in the Friends episode where she was always hitting him.

She is going to be 40 and needs to grow up!

• Love 3
19 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I'm so glad for the both of you, maggiemae. I definitely hope things continue to improve for you both. :)

I wish I could say I respected Megyn Kelly. I do admire her guts for not allowing herself to be harassed by Ailes and now bullied by O'Reilly, but I can't say I respect her after she did her own personal best to help another man known for sexual harassment and bullying become the president by aiding the misinformation swirl and staying silent on this Trump story until after the election. Her justification for her softball interview with Trump after the primary was ludicrous.

Thanks TGK - As a dem I do not go to FOX often but try to now and then to check out "my enemies." Problem is there are so few shows I can watch - perhaps Shephard, Baier, O'Reilly or whatever their names are for 10 minutes. Sincerely puke at Hannity. But Kelly, to me, does call out the bad in the GOP sometimes and I liked her question to Trump when she moderated that debate. That took guts from her, imo. I guess I think she knew she would start WW3 with that question - yet did go ahead and ask it. 

• Love 5
11 hours ago, Haleth said:

Aww, missed opportunity not connecting Alfred Enoch to the HP franchise. Too bad they wasted all that time talking about vibrators instead of giving Alfred a few more minutes. 

Whenever they talk about vibrators I feel a need to reach for the bleach.

Agreed.  Maybe I'm just hopelessly old -fashioned, maybe I'm just old.   But I do think that masturbating is a private activity, and not something talked about on TV.  I don't want to hear about it. 

• Love 6
On 11/18/2016 at 9:37 PM, backformore said:

Agreed.  Maybe I'm just hopelessly old -fashioned, maybe I'm just old.   But I do think that masturbating is a private activity, and not something talked about on TV.  I don't want to hear about it. 

Sometimes I think it's good for the younger generation, or very sheltered women, to hear that masterbation is normal and OK. Seems like a woman's talk show is a reasonable place for this.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, Love2dance said:

Sometimes I think it's good for the younger generation, or very sheltered women, to hear that masterbation is normal and OK. Seems like a woman's talk show is a reasonable place for this.

It didn't bother me. It was a conversation that could have gone on in the early years of the show too. What was missing was how Babs would be exasperated when things like that went on for so long which always cracked me up.

• Love 2

I read here more than I comment, but I just had to say that I am SO tired of the sound of Jedi's voice.  She always goes on and on and on as though she's the most fascinating person in the room.  I'm pretty much a chatterbox, but boy does this woman love to hear herself talk!   I never liked her from the beginning, but it's at the unbearable point for me now.  She's not interesting or entertaining or knowledgeable.   Just abrasive and super-annoying.  I'm not a fan of Paula, either, mostly because she doesn't come across as very bright, but I can tolerate her and the rest of them.  But not Jedi - That voice is like nails on a chalkboard, and it's unrelenting.

Thanks for letting me get that off my chest!  :-/

Edited by DebbieM4
fine-tuned
  • Love 13
On 11/17/2016 at 4:40 PM, dinkysquid said:

Wow! I don't think I've ever seen anyone out promoting a book as aggressively as Megyn Kelly! If it weren't so early, there was possibility for a nice little drinking game there - take a shot whenever she mentions her book.

The other day she was on Dr. Phil. Looks like she's making the rounds all right.

Yes, she certainly is making the rounds.  And isn't it interesting that her story re Trump threatening her just days before the debate is coming out now - just in time to increase sales for her book.  IMO it was irresponsible of her not to come forward with that immediately.  What he did was completely inappropriate, and should have been made public right away.

I find it appalling that she chose to keep quiet about it until such time that it would benefit her financially.   That's completely irresponsible.

• Love 14