Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 11/14/2016

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Monday: Whoopi's birthday bash; Senator Bernie Sanders (author, "Our Revolution"); Whoopi's Favorite Things.

Tuesday: Rascal Flatts (album, "The Greatest Gift of All"); "View Your Deal" Oprah edition with Adam Glassman.

Wednesday: Lin-Manuel Miranda ("Moana").

Thursday: Megyn Kelly (author, "Settle for More"); Olympic champion Simone Biles (author, "Courage to Soar").

Friday: Eddie Redmayne, Katherine Waterston, Alison Sudol and Dan Folger ("Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them").

• Love 1
2 hours ago, 3pwood said:

I wonder if Bernie Sanders knows what he'll be competing with for attention on Monday?  

I hope Whoopi knows Bernie will be the center of attention during his interview but I have a feeling Whoopi will make it about herself and probably accuse Bernie of not being enough of a supporter for Hillary OR not forcing his supporters to vote for her.... Joy loves Bernie so I hope she stands up for him in his very hypothetical situation I am creating haha

Edited by Bmarsh

On Twitter this weekend - Jedidiah continues to BASH Hillary on the topic of emails.   And bash protestors for not accepting the results of the election.

Sunny is lamenting Trump's choice of Steve Bannon as a top advisor - he's said to be a white nationalist and a domestic abuser.  And Jed says she knows him personally, and he's not like that.  I get from Sunny that she doesn't care for Jed very much. 

Oh, and Jed says as of this week, she will be on Monday  through Thursday.

Edited by backformore
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, backformore said:

On Twitter this weekend - Jedidiah continues to BASH Hillary on the topic of emails.   And bash protestors for not accepting the results of the election.

Sunny is lamenting Trump's choice of Steve Bannon as a top advisor - he's said to be a white nationalist and a domestic abuser.  And Jed says she knows him personally, and he's not like that.

Regarding bold: Oh is she calling that racist piece of shit a liar? Because he's admitted to being what Sunny tweeted. And just like Ailes isn't a fucking sexual harasser because he never harassed her skanky ass???

Nooooo!!!! What will it take to rid me is of this ??

??????

• Love 8
14 hours ago, backformore said:

Sunny is lamenting Trump's choice of Steve Bannon as a top advisor - he's said to be a white nationalist and a domestic abuser.  And Jed says she knows him personally, and he's not like that.  I get from Sunny that she doesn't care for Jed very much. 

Well, if I could see Jedi was trash from the first week she appeared, I'm sure a smarter person like Sunny has figured it out, too, after this long. Sunny needs to be on the show everyday more than ever so she can railroad that disgusting woman.

The episode wasn't as bad as I expected considering it was Whoopi's birthday. Bernie was a good guest, but if you've seen him once, you already know what you're getting.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 5

It's obvious that CCB is the only person on the panel who voted for Trump. It would at least make for a more interesting discussion if she would be honest about it and maybe give insight into the Trump voters mind. I know I'd be curious. Anyone else notice that CCB doesn't say anything when Trump is brought up?

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, Miss Slay said:

It's obvious that CCB is the only person on the panel who voted for Trump. It would at least make for a more interesting discussion if she would be honest about it and maybe give insight into the Trump voters mind. I know I'd be curious. Anyone else notice that CCB doesn't say anything when Trump is brought up?

I think it's bc CCB has only one issue. Abortion. She knows no other issue imo. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Bronzedog said:

Why is there a humongous circus tent on the stage?  Oh, it's Whoopie.  Never mind.

I looked at the recording to see what you guys were talking about, thinking it was just another one of her ugly outfits.  No, this is Bozo the clown level of ridiculous. 

Oh, I get it now. Whoopi is still dressed for Halloween. She's a patio umbrella.

Edited by backformore
  • Love 12
2 minutes ago, backformore said:

CCB and Jed liked that Trump backpedaled on most of what he said.  Like he was being sensible.  No, saying outrageous shit, then saying the opposite is not being sensible.

It's called being a politician and I thought Trump's supporters loved the fact he wasn't a politician.

• Love 14

Something very weird when Sanders came on. If anyone has it recorded, watch that segment again.  There's audio of people clapping and cheering, then a shot of a section of the audience in stony-faced silence. Then we see cheering, clapping, shouting BERNIE, BERNIE!  Then another shot of stony-faced audience. Then a shot clearly showing the entire audience standing.

The producers are trying to tell us a story, depicting angry audience members with arms crossed, not liking Sanders. Boy, would I like to hear what really happened.

My guess is that a segment of the audience was told to act that way.  OR they used shots of audience members listening to him, and edited it to look like they were refusing to clap and cheer.

Edited by backformore
Correct spelling is important
  • Love 7
31 minutes ago, susieq147 said:

It must be so nice for her to be so concerned about one issue that will probably never affect her personally.  Economic uncertainty?  Nope not BAB's concern.  Being deported or having family members deported?  Nope not BAB's concern.  Losing health insurance?  Nope not BAB's concern.  Having your rights taken away because you're  gay?  Nope not BAB's concern.  Being forced to hide your religion because you fear being the victim of a hate crime?  Nope not BAB's concern.   But wanting to force every pregnant woman to continue being pregnant simply because it is what her God intended?  Yep that is BAB's concern.

Exactly. And once they're born, if their mothers are poor or sick, the infants  better get a job and find some food for themselves.

Jed is starting to drive me away.

I thought Whoopi just had a birthday. I guess I'm confused or time flies.

• Love 4

I watched the video of Bernie from their website today and thankfully Joy was the interviewer. At one point they panned the table and I saw the clown on the far left. lol Ridiculous as ever.

• Love 2

Jedediah: the election is over quit veering right. Just because you know people like Bannon and Ailes personally does not mean you have to defend them. It will backfire. I am guessing after inauguration they will start having Sunny anymore and go back to other topics. 

• Love 2

Just poking my head in and I see I'm going to need to continue giving this show a break . (Although I did watch a clip of the Bernie segment). This election devastated me. I worked on the Obama 08 Campaign and in the administration for a time, and the thought that all of our work will be wiped away is a lot to grapple with. And this show is so lacking in nuance and just basic fact checking, I just can't with them. I refuse to watch anyone trying to normalize this man. Who is appointing white nationalists to his administration. Nope. Not here for it.

• Love 20
26 minutes ago, spiritof76 said:

Just poking my head in and I see I'm going to need to continue giving this show a break . (Although I did watch a clip of the Bernie segment). This election devastated me. I worked on the Obama 08 Campaign and in the administration for a time, and the thought that all of our work will be wiped away is a lot to grapple with. And this show is so lacking in nuance and just basic fact checking, I just can't with them. I refuse to watch anyone trying to normalize this man. Who is appointing white nationalists to his administration. Nope. Not here for it.

It really pissed me off when Bernie  gave the statistic about so many Black men in prison and Joy asked him why that is and then they ended with no answer. I would love it if they would have the director of the film The 13th on and actually have an informative segment. 

• Love 6
15 minutes ago, Morgalisa said:

It really pissed me off when Bernie  gave the statistic about so many Black men in prison and Joy asked him why that is and then they ended with no answer. I would love it if they would have the director of the film The 13th on and actually have an informative segment. 

Thus why I just can't with this show. Joy should know better. And yes The 13th should be required viewing . 

• Love 4

After many years of watching "live", I've figured out a way I can watch & save time!!  Every time Jediblahblah, BAB, Sara & Whoopi open their mouths, I just ff'd.  Amazing!!  Saw Bernie's interview & agree that Joy isn't on top of information she should be.  What a waste!!

P.S. -- No longer able to comment on The View's Facebook ... guess they got sick of the trolls, etc.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, howiveaddict said:

Whoopi said that the top was a beach coverup.  Looked more like a beach umbrella to me.  I was waiting for clowns to come out from under it.

She mentioned the designer - Thom Browne.   since I have insomnia anyway, I looked him up:

The caftans are in the very beginning -  gee, he could have given Whoopi the matching Bonnet, don't you think?  WOW.  Notice the mismatched shoes. 

I actually think a few of the dresses, printed to look like suits, are cute - kind of anime-looking.    But I'm a couple decades too old to pull that off without looking like a crazy person.  and the purse shaped like a dachshund is all kinds of adorable.  If you're 8. 

• Love 3
15 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

After many years of watching "live", I've figured out a way I can watch & save time!!  Every time Jediblahblah, BAB, Sara & Whoopi open their mouths, I just ff'd.  Amazing!!  Saw Bernie's interview & agree that Joy isn't on top of information she should be.  What a waste!!

P.S. -- No longer able to comment on The View's Facebook ... guess they got sick of the trolls, etc.

I use FF on most shows but I rarely do here and the only reason that leaps to mind is that I enjoy the obsurd??  Maybe I am waiting for the day CCB announces dinosaurs didn't exist. :^)  You know that is coming. 

Thanks for that video, backformore. It was like watching a Broadway show without music or script. 

I think Whoopie's stylist is getting desperate with her recent weight gain!  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 2

Between Whoopi's really bizarre (even for her!) gaudy, flowered tarp top and Malibu Barbie's jacket that made her look like a hotel concierge, it was truly a Monday of fashion don'ts. 

I couldn't figure out why no one (Joy) didn't mention, when they were discussing Trump's interview, his huge reversal of where he stands on abortion. He says he is "pro life". Hmmm....really? So I guess that means that when Marla Maples was knocked up with Tiffany, the product of their illicit affair and Trump begged her to have an abortion, then he was Pro Choice?!! What hypocrisy!

Maybe Joy didn't want to say the "a" word in Barbie's presence and risk her head exploding and ruining her Hilton jacket.

God, that Sara is a ditz!! She comes across as this wide-eyed, naive, woefully clueless person. "I'm going to give Trump a chance" yeah...you do that, honey and don't hold your breath.

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, dinkysquid said:

I couldn't figure out why no one (Joy) didn't mention, when they were discussing Trump's interview, his huge reversal of where he stands on abortion. He says he is "pro life". Hmmm....really?

The panel, especially Joy, talked about it many times during the campaign.  Trump has had many opinions about many issues over the years, none of them consistent with any kind of belief system.

• Love 5

God, that Sara is a ditz!! She comes across as this wide-eyed, naive, woefully clueless person. "I'm going to give Trump a chance" yeah...you do that, honey and don't hold your breath.

Airhead Sara gets ditzer each time she speaks. No wonder she was so proud of herself for returning clothing she was worn back to the stores.

Just wait for the chances Trump gives her.

Just now, whydoiwatchtv said:

First time watching in over two weeks. As a poster above stated some of them are normalizing Trump and I can't abide. Any media that sugar coats this BS will join my boycott. I have to count on Joy and I guess Whoopi to bring it or goodbye View.

Exactly.  I feel the same way, and CCB is making me want to vomit.  She is so ridiculous!  

• Love 14
Just now, susieq147 said:

What did she say now?

Saying the hate and bile being spewed is from BOTH sides and we need to come together and sing kumbaya.   Basically, being racist and sexist means nothing to her.  We should just suck it up because he won. 

• Love 6

We don't care that your kid wants to be a singer BAB! I guess she's going to try mentioning it to every musical guest in hopes they can get her kid an "in" somewhere or something. I don't know what it is but that lead singer of Rascal Flats has always given me the creeps. I don't really listen to country music except for a song here or there that isn't depressing but have seen those guys be interviewed over the years. 

• Love 1

I’m glad Joy finally shutdown Candace’s idiocy about how everyone should calm down and hold hands while their rights are stripped away and black people, Latinos, Muslims, LGBT, etc. are treated like they’re subhuman. This isn’t a game of Monopoly, FFS. People aren’t protesting because they’re enraged their horse in the race lost, they’re protesting because they’re in terror about what’s about to happen to them and their families/friends/neighbors. How out of touch with reality does she have to be not to comprehend that this is not about some people being “sore losers”? Good point from Joy about the similarities between this and the past when minority groups were targeted as someone to blame in times of economic problems. And good for Whoopi telling this group of upper class white women that telling other people to wait is easy for them to do because none of this is going to affect them at all. I’m sure if Trump was coming for them, they’d have quite the different reaction.

But Jedilyingliarwholies did get away with some BS spin at the beginning of the show when she tried to equate Republican obstructionism out-the-gate of Obama to how people are reacting to Trump now and not giving the man a chance. And she was smooth because se made sure to say so much after that little nugget of falsehoods that neither Joy or Whoopi got back to shutting it down. Unfortunate because the reaction to Obama was because of the color of his skin and the reaction to Trump is because the hatred he’s spewed for a year and a half. One is a trait and one is an action. Not comparable at all.

• Love 18