Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 11/14/2016

Jaded
  • Start Topic

There was definitely tension on today's show but it's the reality of what's going on right now and I'm glad the show is talking about these issues as misguided as some of them are.

Whoopis speech to the panel was amazing today and well said.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Vinyasa said:

What is FFS?

For Fucks Sake = FFS

I'm going to have to watch the start of Hot Topics later since I missed most of them due to a planned power outage by the power company here.

1 hour ago, May Jacks said:

This show has zero balance and not even Joy can give concrete arguments against trump. White nationalism was on the ballot and white nationalism is going to be in the white house. Joy was only partially right about his supporters voting against globalization but it wasn't because of jobs being imaginarily taken away. Trump's won on white voters making $75,000-79,000. Stop making this about jobs and the economy.

Candace is an idiot. She keeps making false equivalencies about "both sides". One side is spray painting racist slurs on the sides of building and you know assaulting Muslims and people of color and the other side is protesting a racist. 

Sara is a vapid, know nothing. To watch these privileged white women go on about giving a racist a chance made me want to vomit. I'm glad you can wait until he does something horrendous. He has already said he is going to deport 3 million immigrants. Should we wait until these people get their walking papers. His whole campaign was racist and now he is putting other racists in high ranking positions. We don't have to wait, you moron.

The stupid and frustrating conversation about racist and antisemitic Steve Bannon made me want to tear my hair out. Candace showed her stupidity once again by claiming Breitbart is just for click bait. It is a racist site, ran by racists, clicked on by racists. Jedidumbdumb can kiss my black bum. She is so full of it. If trump cared about his reputation he wouldn't be throwing tantrums on twitter, he would actually have companies that clouded by bankruptcy and fraud. I love Pres. Obama but he had to be kidding when he said that nonsense about him being pragmatic. 

One more thing, we don't need some fake ass apology from trump to make things all better. He couldn't even apologize to Obama for that racist birther crap. There was an article in the NYT in 1922 or something about Hitler not really being antisemitic and was just saying it get support and rile them up. We all know how that turned out. Get real View panel. This show is mess.

I love your post and I highlighted this paragraph because I remember Michele making this salient point last year. It made me pause and think about the similarities between Hitler and Trump.  It is chilling to contemplate what can arise with a Trump administration..

It cannot be said enough how much I loathe everybody on the panel with the exception of Joy and Whoopie, for now.  I want Whoopie to go full on bitch mode with Jedidiah. If Whoopie can do that, I will learn to deal with her, as the poor moderator, that she is....

• Love 17

Right Jediblech, Donald is going to apologize to ALL the people he insulted & everything will be all right.  Not going to happen, you stupid ....!!

11 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I love your post and I highlighted this paragraph because I remember Michele making this salient point last year. It made me pause and think about the similarities between Hitler and Trump.  It is chilling to contemplate what can arise with a Trump administration..

It cannot be said enough how much I loathe everybody on the panel with the exception of Joy and Whoopie, for now.  I want Whoopie to go full on bitch mode with Jedidiah. If Whoopie can do that, I will learn to deal with her, as the poor moderator, that she is....

... & I second that motion!!  If Whoopi told BAB, Sara & Jediblech "where it's at", I would certainly have more respect for her!!!

• Love 18

The worst part of CCB's "On both sides"  bullshit (wow, she is channeling Hasselbeck, isn't she?)   is that it was in response to Whoopi's story about 2 officials in West Virginia saying Michelle Obama an "ape in heels", and thought Melania Trump was classy and dignified in comparison.   Whoopi says it has to stop, and CCB says "On both sides."  shut UP, Bitch!   There's no "both sides"  here -  the Obamas were being compared to apes and gorillas when he first ran for Prez.  They  have, for 8 years, lived up to the highest standards anyone can expect for the "ape"  stuff to reappear is just unconscionable.

CCB's defense of Bannon was ridiculous!  those might not be his personal views, BUT - he spreads it as NEWS!!!  Hey, people say Hitler didn't believe some of the  stuff he said, only said it to rile up the masses.  If you publish sexist, racist, homophobic bullshit - you ARE responsible for it!   "Click-bait"  is not a defense for being an asshole.   And what about the conflict of interest of having a guy running a 'news' website working for the president?  

As to Jed saying that Trump needs to apologize for the hurtful things he said on the campaign -  more bullshit!   People voted for him because of "Trump that bitch, Lock her up, build a wall, deport Muslims!"  Now he's supposed to say he didn't fucking MEAN it??????? 

• Love 22

I'm giving Jedi the side eye from here on. She is on a first name basis with Bannon and defended him! Cant take CCB at all anymore. Shades of Hasselbeck.  Remember when Hasselbeck said Cindy McCain was "fresh" and where are the parents. No compassion or empathy in those two.   Whoopi and Joy made a couple of good points, but as usual left me wanting. May Jacks can you just sit on the panel for one day and school those women.

• Love 15
6 minutes ago, fishsanwitt said:

was fully engaged - at yelling at the tv this morning while watching! 

Candace - moron, privileged white woman

Sara - privileged white woman with no brains

Jed - vindictive privileged white woman

I think I've laid that out pretty clearly.

I've noticed a couple things these women have in common.  And that right there is the problem.  For these women in particular and for a majority of Trump supporters they don't know what it's like to not always have things fall their way.  But I got news for them.  Just because your world looks rosy today does not mean it will look rosy a month from now, a year from now.  And it is simply unconscionable to me to not care about people just because we aren't experiencing the same things.  I'm sure these three women would consider themselves Christians but yet forget love my neighbor very easily.

• Love 22
5 minutes ago, Morgalisa said:

Remember when Hasselbeck said Cindy McCain was "fresh" and where are the parents.

Those were the good old days, Bitsy never disappointed.  My particular favorite was when the rocket scientist compared gay marriage to marrying a toaster.

Edited by sugarbaker design
  • Love 20
1 minute ago, Morgalisa said:

And, Joy spoke in a soft voice and called CCB "honey" when she gave an opposing view. What the hell is going on? Have they been told to handle her with kid gloves?  Why? 

I think that any disagreement with CCB is seen as "anti-Christian"  by some fans.  I have no doubt that CCB has complained about it, as well.    That is what bugs me -  she can spout whatever views she wants, as long as it's done in the name of religion, she can't be argued with?  

The 'Both Sides!"  BS from today is ringing in my ears. 

• Love 12

Please excuse my rant. Kids at my granddaughters school lined up in the hall and chanted "build the wall" as Hispanic kids passed by (my grands are half Mexican). So Im a little testy. Maybe if this happens to these womens kids they will understand.

• Love 23
2 minutes ago, Morgalisa said:

Please excuse my rant. Kids at my granddaughters school lined up in the hall and chanted "build the wall" as Hispanic kids passed by (my grands are half Mexican). So Im a little testy. Maybe if this happens to these womens kids they will understand.

THAT is so beyond contempt, I can't believe it.

Just saw on Facebook that a white guy started screaming at a brown-skinned man on a city bus in Toronto ... all kinds of filth.  Thank GAWD other people on the bus protected the brown guy!!

• Love 6
23 minutes ago, Morgalisa said:

I'm giving Jedi the side eye from here on. She is on a first name basis with Bannon and defended him! Cant take CCB at all anymore. Shades of Hasselbeck.  Remember when Hasselbeck said Cindy McCain was "fresh" and where are the parents. No compassion or empathy in those two.   Whoopi and Joy made a couple of good points, but as usual left me wanting. May Jacks can you just sit on the panel for one day and school those women.

Ha! My blood pressure couldn't handle it. 

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, Morgalisa said:

I'm so sorry!   I hope the school responds appropriately.  Don't let this go.

• Love 7

Thanks Sugarbaker and Medicine Crow. Sadly, the first time it happened was when T**** won the primary. My grand is an AP student. She has a tutor because she got a B in math and wanted an A. She was with her tutor at a restaurant when a family came in with 3 children and sat nearby. They startedto say horribly racist things and that when T**** is elected the Mexicans will have to go. They said Mexicans are dumb and then pointed to my granddaughter and said, just like that one there. She has to be tutored.  

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Morgalisa said:

Thanks Sugarbaker and Medicine Crow. Sadly, the first time it happened was when T**** won the primary. My grand is an AP student. She has a tutor because she got a B in math and wanted an A. She was with her tutor at a restaurant when a family came in with 3 children and sat nearby. They startedto say horribly racist things and that when T**** is elected the Mexicans will have to go. They said Mexicans are dumb and then pointed to my granddaughter and said, just like that one there. She has to be tutored.  

Gawd, the ignorance of people knows no bounds, but it would appear that people who have been squelching their thoughts are now saying their crap out loud because of T****!!!

• Love 13
2 hours ago, Miss Slay said:

Someone should tell Candice that people are protesting not rioting.

Typical Republican swill though to cast all protestors as violent to discredit the cause. I don't think Crème Brûlée is that clever, more likely she repeats whatever distortions she heard on Fox News.

• Love 9

And, Joy spoke in a soft voice and called CCB "honey" when she gave an opposing view. What the hell is going on?

Joy seemed really frustrated and needs to rip into CCB! 

Joy is stuck sitting between CCB and airhead Sara. She must be thinking "clowns to left of me, jokers to right".

Where is Sunny???

• Love 14
3 hours ago, whydoiwatchtv said:

First time watching in over two weeks. As a poster above stated some of them are normalizing Trump and I can't abide. Any media that sugar coats this BS will join my boycott. I have to count on Joy and I guess Whoopi to bring it or goodbye View.

Yes,  John Oliver said that the attempt to normalize  Trump who is not a normal human being is absurd .  I resent the idea that Trump apologizing for some of the terrible things he's said is will make things ok is insulting. 

• Love 16

I cant get the dang quote boxes off. Sorry. And yes I tried that little square.

Ok, I'll say it. I've been kind of proud of Whoops lately. Not everything she's said, but in general and ... at times, she's had some good points and let what's her name have it.

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I am sorry but I don't have the time to listen to the kind of ignorant, stupid, insensitive crap I was hearing on this show today.

I realize they can't nail every issue every time.  They can't all be experts on every topic.  But the complete failure of more than one panelists to grasp why people are upset and suggest that an apology or crossing our fingers or a big group hug is the answer is just insulting to my intelligence.  We are not little children on a playground who got into a fight over a ball.  Apologizing won't un-ring the bell Donald Trump has been ringing for over a year.  Platitudes about joining together are naive at this point given the animosity that has been encouraged by him.  People are afraid.  And for many of them, there is no "wait and see" option because they are at the top of his hit list.

It is the height of privileged insensitivity to not be aware of this and there is no excuse for the things Candice and Sara and Jed were saying today. Whoopi (thank god) schooled them a bit, but I just can't get over that they had to be schooled.  Pardon my language, but how do you get hired for a show like this when you are that goddamned stupid?  When you are that unaware that there are people out there in the world who are facing different challenges than you face, some much harder than picking out what ugly clothes to wear on TV or how much lip gloss you should put on ... because I really think those are the toughest challenges that some of these women face every day.  

That is not to say they have to personally face really hard challenges in order to have credibility ... but they do need to demonstrate some awareness that not everybody has it as easy as they do.   It's called "compassion" and it is something sorely lacking among certain people on this show lately.  And there is no excuse for it.

WORD! PREACH IT, CR!

caps intended bc Im screaming.

• Love 10

It is the height of privileged insensitivity to not be aware of this and there is no excuse for the things Candice and Sara and Jed were saying today. Whoopi (thank god) schooled them a bit, but I just can't get over that they had to be schooled.  Pardon my language, but how do you get hired for a show like this when you are that goddamned stupid?  When you are that unaware that there are people out there in the world who are facing different challenges than you face, some much harder than picking out what ugly clothes to wear on TV or how much lip gloss you should put on ... because I really think those are the toughest challenges that some of these women face every day.  

They don't even have to decide what clothes to wear on TV or how much lip gloss, because they have wardrobe and makeup people doing that for them.

The only challenge they face is to remember what chair to sit in!!

• Love 7

Morgalisa, my heart goes out to you and especially your grandchildren.  That children are doing this says much about their parents and upbringing doesn't it?  These incidents are horrific and unconscionable.  No decent person should be engaged in such forms of hate and no decent person should allow it to go unchecked.  But the people perpetuating these crimes, these acts of hatred and intolerance are not decent people.  Nor is their fearless leader who they feel has given them the go ahead to act upon the hate that has festered inside them for their whole lives.  Hey, maybe he could get on camera and tell them to "stop it" again.  So eloquent, such words from the heart to show it's horrific and unacceptable behaviour that will have consequences.  Such a comfort to those being targeted.  NOT!!!!!  Let's wind up the racists and mysogynists and have fun watching the fallout.  He's a disgusting piece of shit as are his faithful followers and those that knew (or should have known) what he was and what his words would incite.

2 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

THAT is so beyond contempt, I can't believe it.

Just saw on Facebook that a white guy started screaming at a brown-skinned man on a city bus in Toronto ... all kinds of filth.  Thank GAWD other people on the bus protected the brown guy!!

I live in Toronto and was talking to a friend just yesterday about the election and what it will mean for Canadians and the rest of the world.  We expected economic fallout to hit us first, not acts coming from racial/religious/gender intolerance.  Not to say our country is any further along with eliminating prejudice as we are all aware it just went underground.  We just thought the overt nature of it would take more time to filter up here.  Now weren't we the stupid ones.  Seems it's been barely contained all along just waiting, waiting, waiting...

Edited by onthebrink03
  • Love 11

I felt Candace's comment about "THOSE PEOPLE," still protesting over the election results was insulting.  After listening to her constant bragging about how "Christians," like her embrace everyone, that statement makes it sound like her church favors one race over others. I've tried contacting ABC, but none of the email addresses I'm finding are correct.  If anybody has a working email address for ABC, please post it here. Thanks.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, honeydo7 said:

I felt Candace's comment about "THOSE PEOPLE," still protesting over the election results was insulting.  After listening to her constant bragging about how "Christians," like her embrace everyone, that statement makes it sound like her church favors one race over others. I've tried contacting ABC, but none of the email addresses I'm finding are correct.  If anybody has a working email address for ABC, please post it here. Thanks.

Wow, I missed the "THOSE PEOPLE". That is horribly insulting. So everyone has to tippy toe around her and she tiptoes around no one. Got it. *sigh*

2 minutes ago, tvaddict44 said:

I've been meaning to say something positive about Whoopi lately (it's just one rare thing and it doesn't happen often) and today was another example of it.  She handles very well the honorable mentions for the people who have died in the celebrity world.  She speaks with dignity and respect for them - personalizes them in a kind way - and makes their good points memorable.  She had 3 to talk about today and she made each one seem special.  I can't do anything like that and keep my composure so I have to give her kudos on this one thing...

I agree. I already said upthread that I was happy with Whoopi in her political points and rants (lately). But this too. She does a good job. Ok I'll give her that.

• Love 6

I appreciate Whoopi. . SHe shuts down CCB swiftly. I hate CCB. HATE HER. She has got to be fired. 

It is impossible to get through to a network. If you do, you get a form email thanking you for feedback.  They are not read. SM is the avenue but there are Christians on there too.  We are just dismissed as haters.

ETA loved hearing Whoopie mentioning death is the circle of life. She did a good job.

Edited by wings707
  • Love 11
4 minutes ago, wings707 said:

I appreciate Whoopi. . SHe shuts down CCB swiftly. I hate CCB. HATE HER. She has got to be fired. 

It is impossible to get through to a network. if you do you get a form email thanking you for feedback.  They are not read. SM is the avenue but there are Christians on there too.  We are just dismissed as haters.

I agree. CCB is going to run me off at some point like Bits did back when. I left the show and even after Bitsy left I was slow to return . I missed Rosie O's second stint. I missed Rosie Perez's time. I missed McCarthy's input whatever that was (IDK).

I gradually came back and now I cant take much more of CCB, and frankly Jed is running a close second as being on my last nerve.

• Love 8

They all have to tippy toe around CCB or she'll pout and stomp off. Oh, the humanity. Careful everyone. She is delicate!!

Fine, let CCB cry, rip up the blue cards and walk off.  We would really enjoy that.

Send her back to Fuller House and be done with it.  She doesn't even live in NY. Even Sherri relocated.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, Kenz said:

On a lighter note, that Christmas song by Rascal Flatts had to be the saddest, draggiest (not a real word, I know) Christmas song I've ever heard!

That song made Christmas Shoes sound like Jingle Bell Rock. And sure, Candace, mention your daughter's mediocre stint on The Voice. I'm sure Rascal Flatts will put in a good word for her.

Count me in as another who can't take CCB any longer. What is this "on both sides" crap? I noticed she got really pouty for the rest of that segment following Whoopi and Joy's comments.

• Love 11
43 minutes ago, wings707 said:

It is impossible to get through to a network. If you do, you get a form email thanking you for feedback.  They are not read. 

There is an old saying in the entertainment business ... "don't read your press, weight it. "  I think in this day and age, it translates to "don't read your emails, just count them."

I honestly think that is their approach.  They don't care what people are saying, so long as they are being talked about.  Emailing them to complain probably only encourages them to continue down the path they are on. I'm not saying don't bother, but ... yeah, they aren't reading what people have to say.  They don't care.  It won't have any effect. 

The only thing that seems to have ever put a dent in this show was that boycott the nurses generated over Michelle saying nursing isn't a "talent."  And it wasn't because what she said was so bad, it was who she said it about.  Nurses are too organized to mess with.  But us poor average viewers, frustrated with the decline of the show in general and the ignorance and insensitivity of certain panelists?  We don't stand a chance.  

• Love 7

Candace - moron, privileged white woman

Sara - privileged white woman with no brains

Jed - vindictive privileged white woman

I think I've laid that out pretty clearly.

This is just too good to keep only on this board!

Can anyone on Twitter please send this to those 3's twitter pages and The View's twitter page?? Actually, everyone here on Twitter needs to send this!!!

Edited by Vinyasa
  • Love 4
29 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I honestly think that is their approach.  They don't care what people are saying, so long as they are being talked about.  Emailing them to complain probably only encourages them to continue down the path they are on. I'm not saying don't bother, but ... yeah, they aren't reading what people have to say.  They don't care.  It won't have any effect. 

Make sparks.

I rolled my eyes over CCB's blatant plug for her daughter's singing career.  Loved the response that the only way to get noticed was to work hard and work your way up.  Not count on mom knowing people to get you a gig.

• Love 8

Yes, Celia. All they care about is buzz and CCB generates a lot. They probably love her.  They pay attention to ratings and sponsors.  Unless you have a neilson box son your tv, they don't know if we stop watching and boycotting a sponsor is fruitless.  If she feels she or her family are in danger she would quit.  Where does she live?  LOL!!  

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Morgalisa said:

I am so sorry to hear this, MORGALISA. This breaks my heart. I sincerely hope the school puts an end to that immediately with a no exceptions suspension if there are future similar behaviors.

Joy and Whoopi need to bring up events such as these on the show every day as they happen. We cannot let the powers that be pretend they don't know, and aren't responsible.

• Love 4
12 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

The only thing that seems to have ever put a dent in this show was that boycott the nurses generated over Michelle saying nursing isn't a "talent."  And it wasn't because what she said was so bad, it was who she said it about.  Nurses are too organized to mess with.

I believe it was Joy (not Michelle)

• Love 1

Hey , backformore! These incidents of threats, intimidation & assaults now being committed in elementary, middle, & high schools against minority students & others now considered  by Trump supporters to be"Un-American," make me sick!    At one high school in eastern PA, "Trump Patriots," proudly admitted to defacing lockers & desks of students whose last names they thought "sounded," Jewish. The response from school administrators & the district's superintendent claiming individuals responsible for these acts received "appropriate discipline" or this incident is being handled internally..... according to district policy......wasn't good enough for me.  It's time our country's educators, community, religious, law enforcement & political leaders, like NY  Gov. Cuomo, publicly  take a stand, telling these haters :  We are all Americans, & violence against our fellow citizens, in any forms will not be tolerated!

• Love 11
20 hours ago, Morgalisa said:

And, Joy spoke in a soft voice and called CCB "honey" when she gave an opposing view. What the hell is going on? Have they been told to handle her with kid gloves?  Why? 

I see that as condescending but I am not sure CCB gets it.  I would love to see Joy put her hand on her shoulder and say, honey, not everyone shares your religious views so stating them as fact to illustrate your position is not a mature approach. I know you mean well, sweetheart, but this is not the place for missionary work. Let's stay focused on the topic. 

• Love 16