Type keyword(s) to search

Shannon Beador: Magic Crystals and Nine Lemons

• Start Topic

I can’t add anything new from what everyone else posted.

Shannon is so lucky she hit a house, and didn’t kill anyone. If people like Jeff Lewis are saying she doesn’t have an alcohol behavior- then they are enablers of the worst kind.

I know we watch a heavily edited show, but there is too much of a pattern here with Shannon that can’t be edited out. It seems to be getting worse each season - which resulted in this. So scary- that video reminded me of video of Anne Heche right before she crashed into a house and subsequently died.

• Like 19
  • Applause 1
43 minutes ago, Marley said:

Kelly Dodd seems to be enabling her too. For some reason I thought Kelly and Shannon didn’t like each other but I guess not lol.

https://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/kelly-dodd-says-tamra-judge-isnt-a-good-friend-to-shannon-beador/amp/

Kelly and Shannon hated each other, now Kelly suddenly likes her? And she said that Vicki is Shannon's real friend? Vicki was skewered on IG for being tone deaf regarding Shannon. I don't know what games Kelly is playing (again).

Screenshot_20230919_235047_Instagram.jpg

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 3

https://www.tmz.com/2023/09/19/shannon-beador-tipsy-restaurant-dui-hit-and-run-arrest-alexis-bellino-rhoc/

A witness tells TMZ ... Shannon was with her pal and business partner, Steve Muller, at "A Restaurant" -- that's the real name -- in Newport Beach, CA on Saturday night. FYI, the spot is about half a mile from where she crashed her car later in the night.

We're told Shannon appeared tipsy while hanging at the bar the entire time, but it's unclear exactly what she was sippin' on. As one witness put it ... she was loud and boisterous through the night, with her arms flailing in the air.

Yep…sounds like Shannon.

We're told Shannon was overheard at one point complaining about former 'Housewives' star Alexis Bellino, who was also in the restaurant -- although, that allegedly didn't stop Shannon from bitching about her to other people nearby, with real animosity in the air.

When reached for comment, Alexis told TMZ ... "When my girlfriends and I arrived for a fun night out together, it was soon brought to my attention that Shannon was also at the same restaurant. Shannon and I did not interact that night, but it greatly saddens me to learn that she may harbor negative feelings or resentment toward me, as I was not involved in Jim Bellino's lawsuit against Shannon. From one single mother to another, I wish Shannon nothing but the best as I know she is facing trying times ahead."

Alexis?

I wonder if Shannon remembers any of this. What scares me is, did she drive to John’s from the restaurant? We won’t be seeing a mugshot…that’s part of the “ongoing investigation,” according to another story I saw.

(Still wondering how sweet Archie got caught up in this shitshow. He probably is, too. ☹️)

I truly hope this is the absolute rock bottom that everybody has to hit before getting help. She’s never acknowledged that alcohol is behind 99.9% of her problems. It’s going to be hard watching her now.

38 minutes ago, ZettaK said:

Kelly and Shannon hated each other, now Kelly suddenly likes her? And she said that Vicki is Shannon's real friend? Vicki was skewered on IG for being tone deaf regarding Shannon. I don't know what games Kelly is playing (again).

Screenshot_20230919_235047_Instagram.jpg

What? They were expecting class and decorum from Vicki?

• Like 2
  • LOL 6

My theory is John was watching Archie while Shannon was getting lit at the restaurant. Shannon prob texting John then got all in a rage about something he was saying and she sped off drunk to get Archie then she crashed on the way home from John’s. I have absolutely zero proof of anything lol but just a theory. Still poor Archie having to be involved in a drunk driving accident.

• Like 5
2 hours ago, ZettaK said:

Alexis Bellino broke up with Drew, her fiancé recently, so I guess she started going out by herself/with girlfriends more, and she was at the same restaurant with Shannon....

What a bizarre coincidence, though…wasn’t Shannon dropped from Jim’s lawsuit? It was mainly against Tamra?

• Like 2

Jeff Lewis claiming that Shannon is going through a lot of personal issues and she is using alcohol as a crutch or something like that is ridiculous. She has been in personal turmoil since her first season on this show. Shannon has always thought that her weight is her problem. If she could just lose weight and look like she did years ago David would fall in love again and return to her. She repeated the same behavior with John. Except he is her drinking buddy. Shannon's weight is not her problem it is her alcohol abuse. Unless she enters rehab and gets sober she will never change. It will always be someone's fault for why she drinks. 

• Like 18
1 hour ago, 65mickey said:

Jeff Lewis claiming that Shannon is going through a lot of personal issues and she is using alcohol as a crutch or something like that is ridiculous. She has been in personal turmoil since her first season on this show. Shannon has always thought that her weight is her problem. If she could just lose weight and look like she did years ago David would fall in love again and return to her. She repeated the same behavior with John. Except he is her drinking buddy. Shannon's weight is not her problem it is her alcohol abuse. Unless she enters rehab and gets sober she will never change. It will always be someone's fault for why she drinks. 

But the thing is, she has to want to enter rehab. The first step is admitting there’s a problem, and she hasn’t done that. It remains to be seen if this will be her wake-up call.

Tough love may force people to get help, but if they’re doing it because they have to, it probably won’t work for very long. Based on what I know, people in recovery must end all toxic/co-dependent/enabling relationships — and for Shannon, that means adios to John, Dr. Moon, Lewis (probably), and the show. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1

I would hope this is a huge wakeup call to Shannon. She could have killed herself or an innocent person who just happened to be on the street at that time. This alone should make her realize that she has an alcohol problem and really needs to get sober. There is no explaining away or blaming  someone else for this. But I can hear her now with you don't know what I am going through. 

• Like 7
  • Fire 1
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, ZettaK said:

This is scary. She hit the curb of her side of the road before the car bounced to the opposite side of the road, and hit the house. Luckily they were no other cars on the road.....

But her main care on the show is how not to discuss her (shitty) relationship to John, and deny she is an alcoholic season after season....

She didn't hit the curb on the right.  She tried to avoid it, over corrected her turn and hit some brick work and just kissed the side of the house. 

• Like 1

Adding to all the great comments here:

Agree, Shannon needs to end her codependent relationships, and yes, as @RoseAllDay pointed out, that needs to include Dr. Moon.

While I don't think all of Dr. Moon's techniques are invalid, Shannon relies on them too much.  Just poke me there, insert a plastic tubing thing, tap on my abdomen, and.....voila, I'm all better.

Tamra has said that the rift in their friendship occurred because when Shannon is in turmoil, she calls you constantly, but once she's feeling better, she's nonexistent.  While I can't stand Tamra, I see her point.  Not so much as a text from Shannon asking how she was after closing CUT.  

Yes, I know, it's all she said/she said, but I believe there's a lot of truth there.

What really needs to happen here is an Intervention.

Shannon's daughters need to fly in, Jeff Lewis needs to be there, and any of her "true friends" (not Tres Abuelos, lol).

I have friends like Shannon.  Moving them to the acquaintances side of the pile.  Call constantly when their lives are in turmoil and they want me to help them dissect why he said this/texted that, then drink a bottle of wine a day (yes, one bottle per day), then ask how I am, give me 1 minute, and have to go.  And yes, we are in the same age group as Shannon.  Oh, and these friends always think I'm so "responsible" for Uber'ing, when I know that my 2nd glass of wine gets me, but they continue to drive and offer to drive me home to save me the Uber.  Mmmm, no thanks ladies.

Edited by Starlight925
  • Like 8

I seriously doubt this was her first time getting behind the wheel drunk.  The difference this time - she finally got caught. Of course she's "remorseful".  She's remorseful that she is getting terrible press.  Remember she tried to cover it up and fled from the scene and lied to police.  She has now instructed friends not to talk about it in the press.  Sounds familiar?

The drinking has been going on for years.  I am not interested in her using the show to rehabilitate her image - or go on a sympathy, victim tour.

Edited by escape
  • Like 16
3 hours ago, Starlight925 said:

Adding to all the great comments here:

Agree, Shannon needs to end her codependent relationships, and yes, as @RoseAllDay pointed out, that needs to include Dr. Moon.

While I don't think all of Dr. Moon's techniques are invalid, Shannon relies on them too much.  Just poke me there, insert a plastic tubing thing, tap on my abdomen, and.....voila, I'm all better.

Tamra has said that the rift in their friendship occurred because when Shannon is in turmoil, she calls you constantly, but once she's feeling better, she's nonexistent.  While I can't stand Tamra, I see her point.  Not so much as a text from Shannon asking how she was after closing CUT.  

Yes, I know, it's all she said/she said, but I believe there's a lot of truth there.

What really needs to happen here is an Intervention.

Shannon's daughters need to fly in, Jeff Lewis needs to be there, and any of her "true friends" (not Tres Abuelos, lol).

I have friends like Shannon.  Moving them to the acquaintances side of the pile.  Call constantly when their lives are in turmoil and they want me to help them dissect why he said this/texted that, then drink a bottle of wine a day (yes, one bottle per day), then ask how I am, give me 1 minute, and have to go.  And yes, we are in the same age group as Shannon.  Oh, and these friends always think I'm so "responsible" for Uber'ing, when I know that my 2nd glass of wine gets me, but they continue to drive and offer to drive me home to save me the Uber.  Mmmm, no thanks ladies.

This, if it will work. We don’t know how many times she’s done this. Maybe if the girls tell her how this is affecting them — as I’m sure it is — that will finally convince her she needs help. 

I rewatched the video of the hit and run. Probably for that two-lane street, as narrow as it is, the speed limit is 20-25 mph tops — if that. She took that corner like a Grand Prix driver. But what really scared me was when she came up to the intersection with cross traffic. Looked to me like she almost didn’t stop, or she stopped just shy of traffic.

She could have killed people. I am all for the courts throwing the book at her. At least suspend her license, fine her the max for the two misdemeanors ($1,200). Maybe some jail time followed by community service. This is much worse than what Gina did, IMO, and I’m not excusing Gina.

If Shannon wants to pickle herself, that’s on her. But to then put others and an animal at risk? Unconscionable.

• Like 16
  • Applause 1
2 hours ago, Shauna said:

Yes, I did.  She damaged the planter but did not damage the house--as in structural damage. 

She hit the house, and it was by the front door. The planter prevented her car from going farther into the house.

Screenshot_20230919_201654_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 9

Imagine being home with your kids, enjoying a nice evening watching Netflix, and that crash sound at your house.

I knew a guy whose wife did that, except she killed an off-duty police officer.  Came around a corner so fast, totally drunk.  In her case, it wasn't her first offense, and she was sent away for 15 years.  He said that was the last time he looked at her.

• Mind Blown 3
  • Sad 4
4 hours ago, Glama said:

I wonder if it was a switchback she was driving and it was suddenly snowing and her car rolled over five times. 🤔 Oh sorry, different franchise.

Yes. Inside my head I heard scream "You STOLE my house." before driving away.

She needs an intervention.

magine being home with your kids, enjoying a nice evening watching Netflix, and that crash sound at your house

This exact thing happened to my family. Lived on culdesac, he went around the circle, over corrected and smashed into the metal siding of the garage. Missed the gas line by inches. Happened in early 80's and it was cable.

Edited by WaltersHair
  • Like 1
  • Mind Blown 5

It's already been said, but Shannon is so, so, so fortunate there was only property damage and she didn't kill or seriously injure someone.  She needs some serious intervention.  Hopefully her family and real-life friends will step up and help her get the help she needs. 

I'm surprised her colleague let her drive if he was with her while she was getting drunk.  Also, I know it's not the responsibility of bars and restaurants to police their clientele and it doesn't solve the individual's underlying alcohol abuse, but why don't these places cut them off from the liquor?  For that night, at least keep them off the road and keep innocent people and themselves safe.

• Like 4

I think ALL of these OC houswives drive way over the legal limit (0.8) frequently. Including Fancy Pants. So they need to STFU and let Shannon deal with the consequences of her actions. However, I'm sure this is going to be the main story for a long time because this franchise is BORING. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
On 9/19/2023 at 4:42 PM, blondiek237 said:

What give any asshole the right to drink drunk. A guy at work just lost his father in law.  Got hit on his motorcycle by a drunk driver and killed

Condolences to your co-worker. My friend's daughter, son-in-law, 6 year-old grandson & six-week old granddaughter were hit by a drunk driver on Easter Sunday 2021. The six-year old is paralyzed. :(  

• Sad 13

So many moving parts to this story, maybe someone with more patience can read through this and figure it out:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-12541169/RHOC-Shannon-Beadon-visited-ex-boyfriend-DUI.html

Sounds like she was dining out, and John was eating at a different restaurant with "a friend".  

It's possible that his "friend" was a female, which set off a spark and an argument.

Seems like she then drove to John's house, which is only 1/2 mile away from TQW, and it's unclear whether he was home or not.  She then went back to retrieve her phone, and hit the house.

She also now lives extremely close to John, having moved out of her home.  There is a map in the article, literally walking distance.  Interesting.

From the article:

It is unclear if the couple - who split late last year after four years of dating - actually managed to meet up before the accident or if Beador smashed her car while taking off after learning Janssen was not home. 

A close source told DailyMail.com: 'Shannon is obsessed with John, she can't get over him and she was humiliated when he dumped her last November.' 

'She now lives a stone's throw from him, literally down the street from him. It's obvious she was at his house or passing by it on the night she was arrested. 

'The area where she crashed her car is not on the route from the restaurant to her house.'

Friends of the reality star have also revealed that the mom-of-three suffered visible injuries to her face during the collision and has received support from her ex at her home since then. 

Earlier on Wednesday Janssen was spotted arriving at her beachside home before leaving and dropping off a bag of laundry at a nearby dry cleaners. He went to a local supermarket, coming out with a case of Pelligrino and bags of groceries.

He then hurried back to his ex's house where he spent about an hour inside before leaving and driving back to his house.

A source told DailyMail.com: 'Shannon has been instructed by Bravo to not have her face photographed by anyone and to not go outside.'

The insider also revealed the reality star's face 'is messed up from hitting the steering wheel after she crashed her car into a house last weekend.'

Beador was seen on Tuesday for the first time since her arrest as she and Janssen arrived at his home - where he was seen giving her a hand with the front door after the accident reportedly left her with a possible broken arm. 

Beador was seen wearing a jacket but her left arm was not in the jacket sleeve and seems to be in a sling. 

The Bravo star is said to have been dining with pals while Janssen had dinner with a friend a few miles away at the Quiet Woman restaurant. 

'Shannon's face is all screwed up' from the accident. 

'She hit her face on the steering wheel and may have to go to a plastic surgeon,' she said. 

An arrest report obtained by DailyMail.com states Beador was arrested at 11:45pm on Saturday on Clubhouse Ave, just 230 feet from Janssen's home and a two-minute drive from A Restaurant. 

• Useful 5
2 hours ago, Starlight925 said:

So many moving parts to this story, maybe someone with more patience can read through this and figure it out:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-12541169/RHOC-Shannon-Beadon-visited-ex-boyfriend-DUI.html

Sounds like she was dining out, and John was eating at a different restaurant with "a friend".  

It's possible that his "friend" was a female, which set off a spark and an argument.

Seems like she then drove to John's house, which is only 1/2 mile away from TQW, and it's unclear whether he was home or not.  She then went back to retrieve her phone, and hit the house.

She also now lives extremely close to John, having moved out of her home.  There is a map in the article, literally walking distance.  Interesting.

From the article:

It is unclear if the couple - who split late last year after four years of dating - actually managed to meet up before the accident or if Beador smashed her car while taking off after learning Janssen was not home. 

A close source told DailyMail.com: 'Shannon is obsessed with John, she can't get over him and she was humiliated when he dumped her last November.' 

'She now lives a stone's throw from him, literally down the street from him. It's obvious she was at his house or passing by it on the night she was arrested. 

'The area where she crashed her car is not on the route from the restaurant to her house.'

Friends of the reality star have also revealed that the mom-of-three suffered visible injuries to her face during the collision and has received support from her ex at her home since then. 

Earlier on Wednesday Janssen was spotted arriving at her beachside home before leaving and dropping off a bag of laundry at a nearby dry cleaners. He went to a local supermarket, coming out with a case of Pelligrino and bags of groceries.

He then hurried back to his ex's house where he spent about an hour inside before leaving and driving back to his house.

A source told DailyMail.com: 'Shannon has been instructed by Bravo to not have her face photographed by anyone and to not go outside.'

The insider also revealed the reality star's face 'is messed up from hitting the steering wheel after she crashed her car into a house last weekend.'

Beador was seen on Tuesday for the first time since her arrest as she and Janssen arrived at his home - where he was seen giving her a hand with the front door after the accident reportedly left her with a possible broken arm. 

Beador was seen wearing a jacket but her left arm was not in the jacket sleeve and seems to be in a sling. 

The Bravo star is said to have been dining with pals while Janssen had dinner with a friend a few miles away at the Quiet Woman restaurant. 

'Shannon's face is all screwed up' from the accident. 

'She hit her face on the steering wheel and may have to go to a plastic surgeon,' she said. 

An arrest report obtained by DailyMail.com states Beador was arrested at 11:45pm on Saturday on Clubhouse Ave, just 230 feet from Janssen's home and a two-minute drive from A Restaurant. 

She was seen getting affectionate with John at Nobu the previous night (Friday). 

The media asked for her mugshot, and for the 911 phone call(s) to be released, but the police said they are not obligated to do it because there is still an ongoing investigation. 

Andy Cohen didn't discuss the incident on his Sirius radio show. The reunion was taped on the 8th of September. 

Edited by ZettaK
  • Useful 4
6 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

In the Daily Mail article, John denies being back together with Shannon. 

He does, but I'm not sure I believe him. I also wonder if the incident made him change his mind about reconnecting with Shannon. He would probably still help her, especially since she moved near his house a few days ago.

• Useful 1

I don't get why they feel they have to deny that they are together. What is the point of insisting that they are separated but in reality they are still together. Also I wonder if Shannon was trying to text when she lost control of the car? She has a habbit of drunk calling and texting.  Another charge coming if they determine that she was. If John is smart he will be nothing but a friend and nothing more to Shannon. 

• Like 3

Shannon really downgraded with the new condo, from her charming, most recent home. I get that she downsized due to the three girls now being off to college. But the condo, other than its waterside location in Newport Beach, has zero charm and limited space. Ahh ! But it is near John's place....hmmm.

That said, I got to thinking about her current financial situation. Now that the three daughters are over 18, I suppose that David no longer pays child support, and the support income that would help Shannon with the household expenses and the house itself. He most likely will pay for their schooling and maybe incidentals for them, but that is it. So Shannon may be a new phase of financial strains thus her recent downsizing to a much less extravagant condo.

She has to really need the Housewives job. $$$ 

Anybody know if David has officially divorced the second wife (Leslie?), with the on again, off again separation. They have a baby girl too. $$$

Edited by Bossa Nova
  • Like 3
31 minutes ago, Bossa Nova said:

Shannon really downgraded with the new condo, from her charming, most recent home. I get that she downsized due to the three girls now being off to college. But the condo, other than its waterside location in Newport Beach, has zero charm and limited space. Ahh ! But it is near John's place....hmmm.

That said, I got to thinking about her current financial situation. Now that the three daughters are over 18, I suppose that David no longer pays child support, and the support income that would help Shannon with the household expenses and the house itself. He most likely will pay for their schooling and maybe incidentals for them, but that is it. So Shannon may be a new phase of financial strains thus her recent downsizing to a much less extravagant condo.

Anybody know if David has officially divorced the second wife (Leslie?), with the on again, off again separation. They have a baby girl too. $$$

My first thought was Shannon should have lived cheaply (see Gina's townhouse), rather than spend big bucks on the rental, buy less expensive and save some money because eventually the child support will end and your lemon business might not bring in the millions.

My second thought was those girls in college will be coming home on breaks and holidays, will she have them sleep on the floor? Same thing with Heather and Terry with their two bedroom condo.  

It has been my experience that kids will return from college (with laundry) and expect to have a place to sleep so why do these housewives think the kid is never returning home like college is a life sentence at some university?

• Like 9
On 9/20/2023 at 9:18 AM, Shauna said:

Yes, I did.  She damaged the planter but did not damage the house--as in structural damage. 

I am not sure how you can tell that by a photo.  I would think someone would need to assess that in person.  I watched the vid in slowmo and not only did she hit the house, the nose of the car went up the side of it.  Kissing the house makes it sound less egregious.  I guess we all see different things.  All I am happy about is not one innocent person/animal was severely hurt.  ESPECIALLY ARCHIE!  I honestly don't care if Shannon hurt herself.

• Like 9
5 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

My second thought was those girls in college will be coming home on breaks and holidays, will she have them sleep on the floor? Same thing with Heather and Terry with their two bedroom condo.  

they also bought a 6 bedroom house in Beverly Hills I think that will be used for their main residents when the kids are around or home on breaks 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Like 3
  • Useful 2
2 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

I am not sure how you can tell that by a photo.  I would think someone would need to assess that in person.  I watched the vid in slowmo and not only did she hit the house, the nose of the car went up the side of it.  Kissing the house makes it sound less egregious.  I guess we all see different things.  All I am happy about is not one innocent person/animal was severely hurt.  ESPECIALLY ARCHIE!  I honestly don't care if Shannon hurt herself.

Very true. Sometimes things don’t look so bad…until they are. I’d get it inspected…Shannon’s insurance will foot the bill. The landscaping definitely kept it from being worse, but as fast as she was apparently going, the wall looked damaged.

Agree about Archie. That’s up there with driving drunk with kids in the car — kids and animals trust you to keep them safe. Unforgiveable. Shannon needs to learn that it’s not always about her — she has the emotional maturity of a preschooler. 

• Like 7
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

My first thought was Shannon should have lived cheaply (see Gina's townhouse), rather than spend big bucks on the rental, buy less expensive and save some money because eventually the child support will end and your lemon business might not bring in the millions.

It has been my experience that kids will return from college (with laundry) and expect to have a place to sleep so why do these housewives think the kid is never returning home like college is a life sentence at some university?

The Dubrows were renting in Newport Beach after they sold the house. 

15 hours ago, Bossa Nova said:

David and Lesley Beador are not divorced yet.

• Useful 2

I don't think it's a coincidence that Shannon moved so close to John’s house recently, after her twins left for college, it doesn't matter if she denies that they are dating again. This is a screenshot of the map (from the Daily Mail post above) of where the accident happened, and where John’s and Shannon's houses/condos are in Newport.

Screenshot_20230920_230000_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Useful 3
On 9/20/2023 at 8:52 AM, Starlight925 said:

Tamra has said that the rift in their friendship occurred because when Shannon is in turmoil, she calls you constantly, but once she's feeling better, she's nonexistent.  

I think you mean.... "when Shannon is in DRUNK, she calls you constantly, but once she's SOBER (HUNGOVER?), she's nonexistent".

Drunks love their drama and chatter.  Afterwards. of course, Shannon begs everyone not to devulge what she said in her drunken ramblings.  I'm sure she doesn't remember herself.  

As much as a hate people enabling her, this is all her problem.  She's the only one responsible and the only one who could be accountable.

AND ICKY REMAINS AN UNREPENTED CANCER SCAMMER. 

• Like 14
17 hours ago, RoseAllDay said:

Agree about Archie. That’s up there with driving drunk with kids in the car — kids and animals trust you to keep them safe. Unforgiveable. Shannon needs to learn that it’s not always about her — she has the emotional maturity of a preschooler. 

You are speaking about the parent whose 3 daughters got Covid and Shannon was in tears crying on the phone to her mother not about her children but how frightened she was of catching Covid. She then proceeded to hightail it out of her house to her boyfriend's house and left her daughters alone with Covid. Responsible parent of the year she is not. 

• Like 8
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Applause 5
On 9/20/2023 at 8:46 PM, Starlight925 said:

I've never been in this situation, but, shouldn't the airbag have deployed, preventing this? 

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
3 hours ago, 65mickey said:

You are speaking about the parent whose 3 daughters got Covid and Shannon was in tears crying on the phone to her mother not about her children but how frightened she was of catching Covid. She then proceeded to hightail it out of her house to her boyfriend's house and left her daughters alone with Covid. Responsible parent of the year she is not. 

GOD she is a narcissist!  I am glad her daughters are out of the house.  Shannon is incredibly frustrating.  My coworker is like her and man, everything is about her, needs special treatment and I for one, will be glad when she retires.  It is exhausting.  

• Like 11
2 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

I've never been in this situation, but, shouldn't the airbag have deployed, preventing this? 

It’s possible she wasn’t wearing a seat belt (ugh!). 

Or that the airbag caused the damage (happens). 
Or that the airbag didn’t deploy, as it didn’t sense a strong enough collision.  Of course, in that case, her seatbelt should have restrained her enough to prevent facial damage. Which brings us to.… Possible no seatbelt.

A mess anyway we look at it

• Like 9
3 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

The airbag might be what caused the damage. Those suckers hurt when your face hits them. I was in a serious car accident and all of my injuries were from the airbag and my seatbelt. I fractured some bones broke some teeth and had serious bruising to my face. I was pretty banged up and in a lot of pain, but I wasn’t crippled, dead, or living with serious brain damage. My doctor even told me that’s how it happens. If your airbag and seatbelt are working they cause some injury but prevent worse injury.

The broken arm seems right, especially if she was holding the steering wheel. The plastic surgery? Who knows. She could have broken her nose or some teeth.

• Like 3
  • Hugs 1
  • Useful 7

That's why my 14 yer old granddaughter rides in the back seat when I'm driving. If the airbag deployed it could be the cause of her facial injuries. That collision didn't look bad enough to cause a lot of damage to Shannon unless she was not wearing her seatbelt. She got out of the car and walked off with her dog. 

Wonder when the announcement will come that Shannon is in rehab and asks for everyone's prayers?

• Like 3