Type keyword(s) to search

Shannon Beador: Magic Crystals and Nine Lemons

• Start Topic

I'm sorry, I just don't get why Shannon is considered "empathetic, a good person at her core, easily moves on with arguments when she gets an honest apology". This woman has one of the biggest narcissistic personality disorders (in my layman's opinion) in this bunch of dysfunctional women. She is just more stealth at concealing it with the appearance of a few fake moments of the traits I put in quotes. Any person willing to join a reality show like the housewives is not normal.  I don't believe she had any trauma or abuse in her childhood. I believe she was born into a wealthy family (nothing wrong with that) and coddled her whole life. She was probably treated like the center of the universe where she came from....popular rich girl at school, Cotillion,  expected to marry into her kind, etc. She may have found David attractive and a bad boy and he may have been excited to get a taste of the rich life with her. Once they had kids and it became not about her all the time, the marriage started to crack. 

Shannon makes everything about her in every way from what I see watching the show. She's got the victim act down pat..attention. Joining a reality show in the middle of an affair...attention. When she forgives someone (because it fits her agenda)...attention. Trying to keep the affair storyline alive after David repented...attention. Keeping the fight going with Vickie and being the wedge between Tamra and Vickie...attention. Gossiping about how her conversations with the other women "upset her"...attention. Willing to have her kids participate in dysfunctional family scenes on national tv...attention.  At least the other women have become savvy and understand how this reality thing is supposed to work by sharing the spotlight with their storylines. Shannon permeates every scene with her narcissism and I am baffled how she is so beloved. She needs to get off tv, fix her marriage (if it's not too late) and get some professional help.  Unfortunately she won't because that would mean some self realization, reflection and consideration of others. Traits which are foreign to narcissistic people like her.

• Love 7
20 minutes ago, Chicosan said:

I'm sorry, I just don't get why Shannon is considered "empathetic, a good person at her core, easily moves on with arguments when she gets an honest apology". This woman has one of the biggest narcissistic personality disorders (in my layman's opinion) in this bunch of dysfunctional women. She is just more stealth at concealing it with the appearance of a few fake moments of the traits I put in quotes. Any person willing to join a reality show like the housewives is not normal.  I don't believe she had any trauma or abuse in her childhood. I believe she was born into a wealthy family (nothing wrong with that) and coddled her whole life. She was probably treated like the center of the universe where she came from....popular rich girl at school, Cotillion,  expected to marry into her kind, etc. She may have found David attractive and a bad boy and he may have been excited to get a taste of the rich life with her. Once they had kids and it became not about her all the time, the marriage started to crack. 

Shannon makes everything about her in every way from what I see watching the show. She's got the victim act down pat..attention. Joining a reality show in the middle of an affair...attention. When she forgives someone (because it fits her agenda)...attention. Trying to keep the affair storyline alive after David repented...attention. Keeping the fight going with Vickie and being the wedge between Tamra and Vickie...attention. Gossiping about how her conversations with the other women "upset her"...attention. Willing to have her kids participate in dysfunctional family scenes on national tv...attention.  At least the other women have become savvy and understand how this reality thing is supposed to work by sharing the spotlight with their storylines. Shannon permeates every scene with her narcissism and I am baffled how she is so beloved. She needs to get off tv, fix her marriage (if it's not too late) and get some professional help.  Unfortunately she won't because that would mean some self realization, reflection and consideration of others. Traits which are foreign to narcissistic people like her.

Your description fits Vicki much more than it does Shannon, way more IMO. LOL

• Love 13

People with npd have no empathy - Shannon is needy and reactive, but is empathetic, which is why she arranged for Vicki’s fake-sick boyfriend to see her doctor. Part of the reason Shannon seems like a victim is that predators like Lydia sense her vulnerability and fuck with her head, which makes her even more reactive.

• Love 20
10 hours ago, WireWrap said:

I disagree, at the beginning of Shannon's second season, she was friends with all of them until Vicki turned on her and it was Vicki that turned, not Shannon. As for Kelly this season, she is the one that reached out to Shannon/Tamra for a fresh start. 

Shannon definitely was not friends with all of them at the start of her second season. She was horrified when Vicki was making up with Tamra at the Mexican fiesta party (she actually huddled in a corner with Lizzie and despaired over the fact that they were holding hands), she did not want Tamra being brought back into the group. And Shannon  did not get along with Meghan for the first half of the season. Shannon slowly started to come round when Heather and Tamra rallied around her after being dis-invited from Meghan's party, but even Shannon acknowledged at the end of the season that it was the Vicki/cancer debacle that ironically brought her closer to Tamra and Shannon (she said so at the same lunch where she disclosed David's affair to them).

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

Shannon definitely was not friends with all of them at the start of her second season. She was horrified when Vicki was making up with Tamra at the Mexican fiesta party (she actually huddled in a corner with Lizzie and despaired over the fact that they were holding hands), she did not want Tamra being brought back into the group. And Shannon  did not get along with Meghan for the first half of the season. Shannon slowly started to come round when Heather and Tamra rallied around her after being dis-invited from Meghan's party, but even Shannon acknowledged at the end of the season that it was the Vicki/cancer debacle that ironically brought her closer to Tamra and Shannon (she said so at the same lunch where she disclosed David's affair to them).

Meghan was the only one on the outs with Shannon that season until Vicki betrayed her by spilling secrets to her brother and his gf, she made up with Tamra/Heather before filming began that season. It was Lizzy that didn't want Tamra and Vicki to be close. Also, it wasn't the cancer scheme that broke Vicki's/Shannon's friendship up as much as it was the betrayal of private info to strangers (Billy/gf).

• Love 6
55 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Meghan was the only one on the outs with Shannon that season until Vicki betrayed her by spilling secrets to her brother and his gf, she made up with Tamra/Heather before filming began that season. It was Lizzy that didn't want Tamra and Vicki to be close. Also, it wasn't the cancer scheme that broke Vicki's/Shannon's friendship up as much as it was the betrayal of private info to strangers (Billy/gf).

Rewatch the first few episodes of season 10 - it was most definitely Shannon cringing that Vicki was making up with Tamra. She even said something to Vicki about it later, "you were holding hands with her!" Lizzie was actually the one who was open and friendly to Tamra at the first party - Tamra even commented on how much she enjoyed being with Lizzie and how Shannon wouldn't talk to her. Again, Shannon herself said that the cancer scam ironically brought her closer to Heather and Tamra. I'm not making this up, it is straight from her mouth on camera.

Edited by PhilMarlowe2
  • Love 3
21 minutes ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

I got the impression that Shannon was on fairly friendly terms with all the cast for her second season.  She certainly had a lot of viewer support after the Reunion.  Heather was a bit icy but I do believe that is because she and Terry had their heads handed to them on a platter over their repeated attacks on Shannon.   I do believe it comes from an honest place could not understand why Vicki was so ready to forgive Tamra.  One of the big rubs was Tamra's strong dislike of Brooks-and that had not changed.  Heather and Terry and David and Shannon were all Vicki and Brooks friendly-Tamra and Eddie were not.  Lizzie was also on the outs with Tamra and Shannon liked Lizzie.   Then Vicki's mom died suddenly and there were bigger fish to fry.  Shannon's discovery that those who need the paycheck make up or are off the show.  That is why I think Shannon finds it hard to grasp Tamra and Vicki keep making up and breaking up.  Personally, I think Shannon and Tamra are always about two steps away from another big divide.  Tamra needs the conflict so she can play her forgiveness card and her paycheck.  

Maybe it is just me, but I don't think Shannon expects anyone to side with her on the Vicki thing-all she is asking is that whoever asks understand her position.  They don't have to adopt it.  Lydia and Peggy dismissing her feelings seems to be the trigger.  It is circuitous with Lydia and Shannon, Lydia claims to know nothing and wants to insert her views in place of what happened and it is my belief she feels as if Shannon is out of the picture Vicki and Tamra will magically get back together and she can relive her big night at Andele's with the two of them.  I don't think either Tamra or Vicki and their significant others have any interest in Lydia. and Doug.  It does seem as if David and Eddie are friends and have common interests.  Bottom line for Lydia is she should mind her own business and stop trying to advocate for Vicki.

• Love 11

Shannon strikes me as one of those people (men and women) for whom nothing is ever enough. There’s no excuse for David having an affair. None. But if Shannon is going to forgive him and keep her family together, then she needs to actually forgive. Constantly needing reassurance and attention is so tiring for the other person. Sometimes we need to love ourselves, find our own interests/friends and learn to entertain ourselves. I don’t need my husband to serve my every need and he doesn’t need me to serve his. We both have lives and come together as equals to share our days, spend time together and enjoy each other’s company. We have a family member who’s very needy like Shannon. She reminds me of a 2 year old child. It’s exhausting. 

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Gam2 said:

Shannon strikes me as one of those people (men and women) for whom nothing is ever enough. There’s no excuse for David having an affair. None. But if Shannon is going to forgive him and keep her family together, then she needs to actually forgive. Constantly needing reassurance and attention is so tiring for the other person. Sometimes we need to love ourselves, find our own interests/friends and learn to entertain ourselves. I don’t need my husband to serve my every need and he doesn’t need me to serve his. We both have lives and come together as equals to share our days, spend time together and enjoy each other’s company. We have a family member who’s very needy like Shannon. She reminds me of a 2 year old child. It’s exhausting. 

I have friends that went through this like Shannon and for the most part, they all feel the same way, they all have those insecurities and it takes time (as in years) to get fully past it. And, according to Shannon, which David did not dispute, he spends most of his free time outside of home/away from the family.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Gam2 said:

I think Shannon is forgiving when she and David click.  He said something that was fairly telling to me when he made the crack about her "nationwide chain of restaurants".  I don't think David wants Shannon to succeed outside her RHOC realm.  I believe he is pretty happy in having Shannon at home for the most part.  The only downside is he has to be there for her and he would rather pursue his fitness regime.  I also get the impression that maybe David isn't all that crazy about Shannon's mom.  He could not have been  more dismissive of her if he tried.  I do believe between the crack last year from David's mom to Vicki's two season long assertion that David beat the shit out of Shannon, he probably is very upset by the allegations and takes it out on Shannon.  I don;t think he is this shut down kind of guy.  For Tamra to express

According to the Beador lore, David's business was very demanding, they had two unplanned but obviously not unwanted pregnancies netting three children.  I think she probably maintained the home fires for a very long time before getting her big break on RHOC.  

The difference between Shannon and a two year, and it is significant, is she has been providing the major role in the  raising of her three daughters.  Sometimes it is nice to be recognized for doing the most important job in the world.   The first season she was on, she and David did a get away and I believe it was the first time they were away from the girls overnight.  

• Love 4

I’m not quite sure what your point is but David and Shannon are adults. If they’d never taken a vacation away from their kids, that was their decision and a bad one. If David doesn’t like Shannon’s mom, that’s too bad. I didn’t like my mother-in-law but made a real effort to get along with her so that my husband never felt like he had to choose between us. We had two children who were her only grandchildren and she was very good to them. That’s all I needed from her. I also raised our two children while we served in the Army and my husband was almost never at home. That was my role and my honor to serve my country. I didn’t grow up in a privileged family, wasn’t spoiled with worldly goods and took my role as a wife and mom to heart. Our children have become very accomplished, educated adults, spouses and parents. Thank God! They didn’t grow up in a family with the parents sniping and criticizing each other like Shannon’s and David’s kids have had to do. That breaks my heart for their girls because they don’t have the example of parents who know how to work out their differences. Those girls will follow their parents’ example and have screwed up marriages and families.  Sad, sad, sad for all of them. Shannon needs to shut the hell up, lose the weight she needs to lose to feel better about herself and get some really good psychiatric help!!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Gam2 said:

I’m not quite sure what your point is but David and Shannon are adults. If they’d never taken a vacation away from their kids, that was their decision and a bad one. If David doesn’t like Shannon’s mom, that’s too bad. I didn’t like my mother-in-law but made a real effort to get along with her so that my husband never felt like he had to choose between us. We had two children who were her only grandchildren and she was very good to them. That’s all I needed from her. I also raised our two children while we served in the Army and my husband was almost never at home. That was my role and my honor to serve my country. I didn’t grow up in a privileged family, wasn’t spoiled with worldly goods and took my role as a wife and mom to heart. Our children have become very accomplished, educated adults, spouses and parents. Thank God! They didn’t grow up in a family with the parents sniping and criticizing each other like Shannon’s and David’s kids have had to do. That breaks my heart for their girls because they don’t have the example of parents who know how to work out their differences. Those girls will follow their parents’ example and have screwed up marriages and families.  Sad, sad, sad for all of them. Shannon needs to shut the hell up, lose the weight she needs to lose to feel better about herself and get some really good psychiatric help!!

My point was that Shannon was some self indulged individual, she was committed to raising her daughters.  I would agree she is just as responsible as David for not leaving the kids and indulging in a kids free respite.  Your experiences although noble do not at all relate to the Beadors.  Sometimes people are empire building, all the while employing dozens of people.  Shannon and David's children are not adults.  

Do I think they should snipe? No.  There is this expectation these couple on RH are always perfect and they are just not.  Obviously by staying in the marriage they have displayed a willingness to work things out.  Shannon is happiest when things click between she and David.  I think she took the Vicki comments way too hard  and having said that I think has made his peace with Vicki.  And it was unpleasant.  

I don't think their girls are any more or less likely to copy their parents relationship than say Briana and Ryan.  Children make their own choices they are not destined to repeat their parents' mistakes.  

As far as psychiatric help-Shannon uses counselors and it isn't a cure all.  My response was in regards to Shannon being a two year old.  I just don't see that behavior in Shannon.  

This is just me but I think David is a little concerned that Shannon with her success might fall in love with someone who actually appreciates her. At some point she will be comfortable with her body and some one will take notice of Shannon and her spirit.  I just feel like David is the one that is feeling a little insecure.

• Love 2

I just cannot stand the way David calls Shannon "dear", and I never could.  It seems a very cold endearment, a very asexual one, and he's always said the word like he really means bitch.  He wouldn't have called me dear more than once.   And of course David doesn't like his MIL, that nasty woman forgave him for gutting her daughter, and even told him she loved him right after the revelation.  Bitch.   He prefers the shrew who raised him, publically disparages his wife, happily alienates herself from her grandchildren to get a good slam at their mother, and sweetly indulges him to fuck around on his wife.  In fact, bring the whore bag home to meet mama, dear.

16 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

I think Shannon is forgiving when she and David click.  He said something that was fairly telling to me when he made the crack about her "nationwide chain of restaurants".  I don't think David wants Shannon to succeed outside her RHOC realm.  I believe he is pretty happy in having Shannon at home for the most part.  The only downside is he has to be there for her and he would rather pursue his fitness regime.  I also get the impression that maybe David isn't all that crazy about Shannon's mom.  He could not have been  more dismissive of her if he tried.  I do believe between the crack last year from David's mom to Vicki's two season long assertion that David beat the shit out of Shannon, he probably is very upset by the allegations and takes it out on Shannon.  I don;t think he is this shut down kind of guy.  For Tamra to express

According to the Beador lore, David's business was very demanding, they had two unplanned but obviously not unwanted pregnancies netting three children.  I think she probably maintained the home fires for a very long time before getting her big break on RHOC.  

The difference between Shannon and a two year, and it is significant, is she has been providing the major role in the  raising of her three daughters.  Sometimes it is nice to be recognized for doing the most important job in the world.   The first season she was on, she and David did a get away and I believe it was the first time they were away from the girls overnight.  

I agree David doesn't want Shannon to be successful, that would take away his control as sole bread winner.  Too bad, so sad David, if you don't want to be talked about, don't beat the shit out of your wife and stop fucking around on her.  Pig.  

I also think David pushed Shannon to join the show a la Kelsie Grammer.  He got the added bonus of gaslighting her.  

Both pregnancies were accidents?  Shannon was hearing the call of her biological clock and wanted children, but they winged it?  For some reason I've always thought the twins were via IVF.  That may be because almost every successful IVF I've ever heard of produced fraternal twins.  I'm still half convinced the Brand/Angie twins were IVF.

• Love 8

I'm been trying to think of one likeable Vicki moment, and cannot think of one, and I've watched every episode from the start.  On the other hand, as much as I think Shannon is a less toxic reflection of Vicki, there have been several likeable Shannon moments.

I do imagine that being around her long term would be fucking exhausting though. 

However, I will give her some slack, because she's in an awful marriage and is a very reactive person.  Shannon sans David may be a very delightful person.  Same for David.  

• Love 7
2 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

I just cannot stand the way David calls Shannon "dear", and I never could.  It seems a very cold endearment, a very asexual one, and he's always said the word like he really means bitch.  He wouldn't have called me dear more than once.   And of course David doesn't like his MIL, that nasty woman forgave him for gutting her daughter, and even told him she loved him right after the revelation.  Bitch.   He prefers the shrew who raised him, publically disparages his wife, happily alienates herself from her grandchildren to get a good slam at their mother, and sweetly indulges him to fuck around on his wife.  In fact, bring the whore bag home to meet mama, dear.

I agree David doesn't want Shannon to be successful, that would take away his control as sole bread winner.  Too bad, so sad David, if you don't want to be talked about, don't beat the shit out of your wife and stop fucking around on her.  Pig.  

I also think David pushed Shannon to join the show a la Kelsie Grammer.  He got the added bonus of gaslighting her.  

Both pregnancies were accidents?  Shannon was hearing the call of her biological clock and wanted children, but they winged it?  For some reason I've always thought the twins were via IVF.  That may be because almost every successful IVF I've ever heard of produced fraternal twins.  I'm still half convinced the Brand/Angie twins were IVF.

If I'm remembering correctly, Shannon at some point stated that David didn't intend to have any children after Sophie but that the twins were unexpectedly conceived on the night of a Def Leppard concert with (implicitly) the attendant alcohol. 

Another random detail I've found interesting that Shannon has revealed over the years: the Beadors have no prenup. 

Edited by lunastartron
  • Love 4
On ‎10‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 7:59 AM, Chicosan said:

Shannon is a mess, boring, a drama queen, a spoiled b, and a control freak. NO wonder her husband doesn't want to spend time with her. She's a MAJOR narcissist. She was coddled her whole life, and it shows. Everything needs to be about her.  There's NOTHING likeable about her. BRAVO needs to dump her.

• Love 2

I'm finding it hard to like anyone on the show this season.  Something is WAY off.  The casting is fractured and clunky.   Tamra, Lydia, Meghan, Kelly, and Peggy are BORING!  And Shannon is a downer with all her whining, blaming, and marital toxicity.

I know most are anti-Vicki on this forum but she's the only one I care to watch.  I like her kids and grandkids and I like watching all of them together.   

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, Jextella said:

I'm finding it hard to like anyone on the show this season.  Something is WAY off.  The casting is fractured and clunky.   Tamra, Lydia, Meghan, Kelly, and Peggy are all just BORING!  And Shannon is just a downer with all her whining, blaming, and marital toxicity.

I know most are anti-Vicki on this forum but she's the only one I care to watch.  I like her kids and grandkids and I like watching all of them together.   

To me a comment like this indicates that Brianna should be a housewife not Vicki.

Shannon is a downer, but she's always interesting.

• Love 2

I'm not ready to celebrate yet. Overall, I think it will be good for them all. But I do worry about the girls. I hope this can be a peaceful separation, but I just don't know. And I wonder who initiated this. Shannon has seemed so unhinged lately. I just want to see this propel her into a brighter, happier future. But I worry she'll just spiral more. 

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Maharincess said:

@NewGranny,  my daughter texted me and told me about the divorce and the first thing we both said was that we hope Shannon is the one who decided to separate.  Somehow I have the feeling that it wasn't her though. 

Me too.  I would be very surprised if David is the Dumpee. 

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, Maharincess said:

@NewGranny,  my daughter texted me and told me about the divorce and the first thing we both said was that we hope Shannon is the one who decided to separate.  Somehow I have the feeling that it wasn't her though. 

According to the people article, it sounds like it was her. She mentioned feeling alone in her marriage. 

either ways, it is good for their daughters, imo. They tried, it did not work. Time to move on.

"

"The breaking point for Shannon came while watching the show back and thinking about the impact her choices made on her daughters.

“As a mother, I want to be a good role model for my daughters,” Shannon explained. “Three years ago I was proud of what I showed them, because I fought for keeping my family together after infidelity. As the last year went by, it’s been extremely difficult and painful to watch the show, because clearly I was in denial about what was going on in my marriage. I was taking things out on other people instead of at home. … As a mother you keep thinking about your daughters and you have to say, ‘This is an unhealthy environment.’ Not only is it unhealthy for me, but it’s unhealthy for my girls, too. They deserve a happy and joyful home, and I am providing that for them now.”

Edited by LIMOM
  • Love 6

It's not surprising that they split, but I did think they would stick it out a big longer -- at least until the girls were adults/off to college.  I truly think this is the best thing for both of them.  That was a toxic marriage.  Still, I feel sad for Shannon because I know she did have a "glimpse" of a happy marriage last year when they did the vow renewal.  Sadly it just did not stick. 

I hope Shannon doesn't let the stress of the divorce undo all the work she's done on herself with the weight loss/fitness. Rather, I hope she uses it as an impetus to keep going and getting stronger - both physically and mentally.  

I also wonder if he admitted to another affair and that was the straw that broke the camel's back?

• Love 7
1 hour ago, movingtargetgal said:

I hope next season's storyline includes Kelly helping Shannon get her groove back.  I think the two of them could be a riot.  Just imagine Kelly playing the role of wingman for Shannon while they cruise the OC dating scene. 

rhoc-911-13.gif

• Love 7
17 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

See, the vow renew is always the kiss of death!  Who didn't see the divorce on the horizon?  Shannon will be way happier when it's all said and done.  

The kiss of death was that David's mistress didn't want him, which forced him to come crawling back to his children and Shannon after announcing to them that the marriage was over in the ugliest meanest fashion around. He hands his wedding ring to his child and tells her to give it to Shannon because he doesn't want it; the marriage is over. I think the kids knew that the marriage was over and just waiting for their folks to realize it. David didn't give two shits about his kids. He'd have been gone if his mistress would have him. Given his penchant for exercising to the detriment of spending time with hos children, I think the only one really concerned about a happy family was Shannon. I think David has been killing time.

• Love 24
27 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

The kiss of death was that David's mistress didn't want him, which forced him to come crawling back to his children and Shannon after announcing to them that the marriage was over in the ugliest meanest fashion around. He hands his wedding ring to his child and tells her to give it to Shannon because he doesn't want it; the marriage is over. I think the kids knew that the marriage was over and just waiting for their folks to realize it. David didn't give two shits about his kids. He'd have been gone if his mistress would have him. Given his penchant for exercising to the detriment of spending time with hos children, I think the only one really concerned about a happy family was Shannon. I think David has been killing time.

Yup, there's that too.   

• Love 4

I wonder (if David has been planning to exit for a while) did he ask his financial person about selling the house before he made his move, like shaking loose an asset was part of the plan?

A long time ago that happened to a very wealthy friend of my mine, her husband sold their very stylish, expensive town home and they moved to a rental...(she was wife number 3), he said they were going to build something somewhere but of course never did.  Is that a savy financial move of the very rich?

• Love 9
43 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

wonder (if David has been planning to exit for a while) did he ask his financial person about selling the house before he made his move, like shaking loose an asset was part of the plan?

There house had literally been on the market for years.

• Love 4

Not surprised by this news. A vow renewal and affair are always the kiss of death. And this explains her behavior this season. Sad for their girls but this is a good decision for Shannon, maybe she'll relax now, make a new life for herself and be happy. 

• Love 13
2 hours ago, LIMOM said:

According to the people article, it sounds like it was her. She mentioned feeling alone in her marriage. 

either ways, it is good for their daughters, imo. They tried, it did not work. Time to move on.

"

"The breaking point for Shannon came while watching the show back and thinking about the impact her choices made on her daughters.

“As a mother, I want to be a good role model for my daughters,” Shannon explained. “Three years ago I was proud of what I showed them, because I fought for keeping my family together after infidelity. As the last year went by, it’s been extremely difficult and painful to watch the show, because clearly I was in denial about what was going on in my marriage. I was taking things out on other people instead of at home. … As a mother you keep thinking about your daughters and you have to say, ‘This is an unhealthy environment.’ Not only is it unhealthy for me, but it’s unhealthy for my girls, too. They deserve a happy and joyful home, and I am providing that for them now.”

I don't think it was Shannon's idea, from the same People article, "Still, looking back on it all, Shannon told PEOPLE she was “crushed” at the news of their separation."! She wouldn't have been "crushed" had it been her idea, had she kicked David out, so I suspect he told her he was done and moved out.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

I don't think it was Shannon's idea, from the same People article, "Still, looking back on it all, Shannon told PEOPLE she was “crushed” at the news of their separation."! She wouldn't have been "crushed" had it been her idea, had she kicked David out, so I suspect he told her he was done and moved out.

I know plenty of people who initiated the divorce but we're still crushed by the situation, it's extremely common.

• Love 23
Just now, biakbiak said:

I know plenty of people who initiated the divorce but we're still crushed by the situation, it's extremely common.

I don't know, I really think this was David's move, not Shannon's but I guess we will find out at the reunion. If she doesn't say it was her idea, to separate, and says they "both" decided or something like that, then it was his decision. I just don't see Shannon ever making that move first, she has held on to that marriage too long. 

2 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

I hope next season's storyline includes Kelly helping Shannon get her groove back.  I think the two of them could be a riot.  Just imagine Kelly playing the role of wingman for Shannon while they cruise the OC dating scene. 

Nahhhh, that popping sound we all just heard was Kelly's head exploding when she heard about Shannon/David. Kelly thought she had THE sympathetic storyline all ready for next season and here comes Shannon.......pulling that rug out from beneath her. Kelly was the nasty person in her marriage (IMO) and Shannon was the victim in hers. LOL 

• Love 8