Type keyword(s) to search

S33.E07: I Will Destroy You

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

Most positive edit ever for a pre-merge boot? I think that Jay and Will were overthinking this, as being physical and strategic doesn't necessarily make one a jury threat.

I can't believe we didn't get a reaction shot from Michelle when the tribes found out that Figgy had been voted out!

It is not looking good for the women, only four of whom are left in the game.

• Love 21
Just now, LadyChatts said:

It's official.  I've given up on this season.  Yes, I'll still watch.  But who the hell else is worth rooting for? 

I hope the millennials get eaten alive at the merge.  Please win David, Ken, Adam, or Zeke.

DKAZ for F4!

• Love 5

7 votes. 6 women. 3 are Asian, 2 are black. 

Oh, this is Survivor. 

Why oh why did they think casting an 18 year old was a good idea? That was the worst move ever. Let's vote somebody who will never vote against us who's thinking too far ahead to keep 2 people who won't vote with us. Isn't that thinking too far ahead??

I literally can't. I'm out. I will probably just rewatch this season in a few years when I already know who won. 

• Love 19

I worry about Hannah.  I don't like her, but I don't think she's really cut out for this game.  I get anxiety watching.  I can imagine actually being there playing.

They couldn't have made it more obvious that the green tribe was losing.  Just didn't expect to see Michaela go (well, I was hoping not).  So keep voting your own off Millennials.  Hopefully Zeke and Adam vote with GenX at the merge and they take you out.  Too bad Michaela didn't rat out Jay's idol.

I wonder if they remember that, despite Michaela hating Figgy, she still voted against Mari in that vote.  She would have been a good ally.  And probably beaten the pants off of them at the merge.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 11

Jay is in the only four person alliance in the game with two non-entities and someone who has no filter.  Clearly he has to blow this up.  Because a woman was showing herself to be smart.  Idiot.

I'm rooting for Zeke and Michelle and like no one else at this point.  Adam and Chris are tolerable.

Edited by enlightenedbum
  • Love 15

I knew Michaela was probably going to be voted off, she was getting a lot of air time. And what blindside! I was afraid for Jay. I thought she was going to attack him! I thought Hannah was going to have an anxiety attack. Apparently Jay and the high school boy (Will?) got to Sunday and Brett to vote on their side because they didn't show it. 

• Love 6

Well for once a blindside lives up to its name.  I thought for sure they were just trying to add suspense before the vote and Brett would have ended up going. Damn.  Not sure if this is a good move or not for Jay but was right in his thinking that Michaela was a HUGE threat going forward.  Very happy to see Michelle survive this episode.  Poor girl had to sit through that fart and burp fest. The horror. 

• Love 16

Wow. This season is fascinating to me.

I'm going to have to ponder whether that was too early a move by Jay or not.

I'm still liking pretty much everyone. Jessica's description of Taylor made me laugh.

I liked the editing job. I thought they put in enough coverage of all tribes to make it plausible that any could lose and go to TC.

• Love 20
3 minutes ago, enlightenedbum said:

Jay is in the only four person alliance in the game with two non-entities and someone who has no filter.  Clearly he has to blow this up.  Because a woman was showing herself to be smart.  Idiot.

I'm rooting for Zeke and Michelle and like no one else at this point.

I like David too.  He and Zeke in a nerd alliance is fun.  Michelle is still killer smart.  Mikaela going I think hurts her long term.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Straycat80 said:

I knew Michaela was probably going to be voted off, she was getting a lot of air time. And what blindside! I was afraid for Jay. I thought she was going to attack him! I thought Hannah was going to have an anxiety attack. Apparently Jay and the high school boy (Will?) got to Sunday and Brett to vote on their side because they didn't show it. 

I can't recall a time (I'm sure there is/was) where they didn't show a conversation of the idea to the minority alliance. Obviously, it was done but how soon before tribal council was it? Did both Jay & Will make the deal? Hopefully, there will be a secret scene of this tomorrow. I've also never seen a more pissed contestant being voted out. When she was sitting, standing with her torch, walking back to get her bag, walking out & snapping at the branches. Yikes!!!

• Love 14
5 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

I was hoping Mikaela would whack Jay upside the head with her torch.  F him.

• Love 15
Just now, PaperTree said:

I like David too.  He and Zeke in a nerd alliance is fun.  Michelle is still killer smart.  Mikaela going I think hurts her long term.

I like Michelle, but I guess I just don't get the fascination with her as a player.  However, she hasn't really had any chance to show strategy since she's been two TC twice (and one of them she didn't even to strategize).  So I'm hoping she doesn't fail me at the merge!

And the merge really can't get her fast enough.  It seems I'm in the minority of not enjoying this season, but so far I've been bored.  I can't say that everyone voted off hasn't deserved it, but I think some interesting characters left way too soon.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, PaperTree said:

I was hoping Mikaela would whack Jay upside the head with her torch.  F him.

I don't think Jay should get so confident, so fast.  And trust me, I'm all about people making moves.  I just don't know if this was the right time for this move.  Unless there was a lot of behind the scenes we didn't see, like Michaela saying she was ditching him first thing she could.  There's still a long way to go.  Whose left in his alliance?  Will and Taylor?  I think Michelle will ditch that sinking ship.  I don't believe Bret will stick with him.  Hannah and Sunday will probably go wherever the numbers are.  So he's got an idol.  I don't know if this is going to wind up being a good move for him or not.  I agree Michaela was a threat, but I think he could have easily taken her out at the merge (unless she immediately flipped-which I don't think she would have done-or went on a huge IIC streak).

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 18
3 minutes ago, PaperTree said:

Michelle is still killer smart. 

I seem to be missing something, because I haven't seen anything that would indicate Michelle is "killer smart". 

Based on Michaela's reaction, for a moment there, I was worried about Jay's safety.

• Love 10

Well, that sucks.  I guess I should have known there wouldn't be two weeks in a row in which I'd like the outcome. 

Adam trying to make things right with Taylor was kinda hilarious.  "I really screwed you over, man.  I mean, I really screwed up the whole rest of your game," in that semi-apologetic tone.  

Was there nothing more interesting for them to include in this episode than a bunch of guys passing gas?  Doesn't speak well for the season as a whole.

Sometimes, it's exhausting to listen to Jeff call out the action at the challenges.  

• Love 8

For me, Jay has balls, but this move will 100% backfire because his ability to do basic math is terrible. It reminds me a little bit of how Lex misplayed in the original All Stars by playing a post-merge game in the pre-merge environment.

Even if he honestly believed the rest of the millennials would stick together, by not alerting Hannah, he basically is forsaking her, and an inclination for her to flip would give the other side the numbers at a merge. And if they didn't merge, he would end up numbers down on his own tribe if she flipped.

Right now, Adam and Zeke are in line with the Gen-Xers and he basically just sent Hannah that direction.

In fact, with the foreshadowing of Hannah asking Adam and Zeke to use her for a move, I believe we will end up with 4 mini-factions after the merge:

Zeke, Hannah, Adam

David, Jessica, Ken

Chris, Brett, Sundae

Taylor, Jay, Will, Michelle

As a result of this move, I truly believe the first three will end up working together for at least a few episodes in an effort to get out the rest.

A blindside, yes. Even a good game mood if this had been the final 6 or 7. Instead, it is the final 14 and likely to only screw himself over.

I will be thoroughly amused if this is a classic case of a millennial wanting everything right away and being impatient, instead of waiting for one of the numerous opportunities to do the same thing down the line, which would result in the same outcome with almost no repercussions.

Edited by MKL122788
  • Love 21

I had a feeling that Michaela was gonna be eliminated and dammit man there's nobody for me to root for now. The team would get rid of someone that has been helping them win. I seriously thought that Michaela was gonna punch Jay right in his face. Sad to cause Jay was slowly creeping up on being the 2nd person I would root for but I can't now. Now just gonna watch out of habit but not rooting for anyone.

Hannah forever out of the loop. I do hope she gets Jay eliminated.

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, ShadowSixx said:

I had a feeling that Michaela was gonna be eliminated and dammit man there's nobody for me to root for now. The team would get rid of someone that has been helping them win. I seriously thought that Michaela was gonna punch Jay right in his face. Sad to cause Jay was slowly creeping up on being the 2nd person I would root for but I can't now. Now just gonna watch out of habit but not rooting for anyone.

Hannah forever out of the loop. I do hope she gets Jay eliminated.

I typically don't like the Hannah type players, but they can be the most dangerous.  Hannah was out of the loop for the Mari vote until the last minute.  And now she was out of the loop completely for Michaela.  She's got no one.  So she can be a free vote.  She can be that extra person someone else needs to advance their game.  Unless Michelle wants to stick with Jay, Will, and Taylor, and tries to get Hannah.  But what's that going to get Hannah?  Probably no better than if she ditches them.  Still, even the 5 of them can't go against the others if the rest of the mini alliances form one big one.  I still think Michelle is going to find other pastures to pursue. 

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 5

I was happy to see Michaela go. She was RUNNING the game and the other players were letting her.   She was bossy and getting bossier. That usually sends a player off the island pretty quickly.  She lost the immunity challenge because she didn't want to admit someone else might be better than her at using the slingshot. I also think she has anger issues. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 22
18 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

I seem to be missing something, because I haven't seen anything that would indicate Michelle is "killer smart". 

Based on Michaela's reaction, for a moment there, I was worried about Jay's safety.

To me, she seems to read the room well, adjusting her strategy as things change around her.  Telling people what they want to hear and getting them to believe she is sincere.  Her "big play" that was aired  was saving FigTayls from editing doom a while back.

• Love 6

I can't even focus on the game play, I'm too freaked out by that raw chicken that was sitting out in the sun. I thought last week's milk was bad. 

Edited by Maya
  • Love 9
41 minutes ago, Marmiarmo said:

I'm sorry, I liked Michaela too, but she was seriously shocked to see her name written down even once.  Why did she think Sunday and Brett were just going to roll over and play dead for her??  To me, that makes her as delusional as Figgy was last week.  Just because you're not on top, doesn't mean you should  give up and fall on your sword for the majority alliance...what, they're going to spare you at the next vote and cannibalize their own alliance because you showed loyalty?  Yeah, no.

And that's where I think she made her mistakes, there's a fine line in this game between manipulating and planning with your alliance and putting yourself on top while demanding everyone fall in behind you.  When any player thinks they're just too great to have their name written down, and worse lets  everyone know it; they're putting a huge target on their backs.  I'm thinking  of Lex and his "who wrote my name" freak out in Africa.  For her to think she shouldn't get two votes from the very people she was trying to get rid of shows how she really thinks about herself vs. the rest of her tribe including her alliance.  I don't blame them for getting rid of her now and by her reaction they should be grateful she didn't make merge and jury.

Edited by sigmaforce86
Too many typos!
  • Love 17
8 minutes ago, MKL122788 said:

Also, can I just say, that 5/5 minority women have been eliminated from the game and that makes me sad. And 6 of 7 total eliminations have been women.

I always talk about how sometimes these games mimic aspects of society, but damn, this is a harsh one.

If Michaela was a guy, and Jay(and Will) saw someone 100% loyal, strong, and strategic, he wouldn't at all be threatened. He would likely feel closer to that person and want to go far with them.

I am just generally in awe by men on Survivor. Always threatened by smart women.

The only plus side is, there are some men I'm rooting for (Zeke, Adam, David, Ken).  So I guess all isn't a lost cause.  I forgot there even was a Bret up until this episode.  I tend to agree with your line about men feeling threatened by strong women over men that might have been the same.  I'd say that maybe the guys in Jay's alliance need to wake up and realize he's running things with them-but considering we're talking about Taylor and Will, I'm not expecting that.  And I doubt Jay has any plans on getting rid of his bros.  Hopefully Jay thinks Michelle is as stupid as those 2 and she winds up being their demise.  I also fully believe Bret and Sunday will re-join Chris at the merge, who will likely have Zeke, Adam, and David at least.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Maya said:

I can't even focus on the game play, I'm too freaked out by that raw chicken they leave sitting out in the sun. I thought last week's milk was bad. 

That is for display only. They don't actually eat those kabobs

• Love 2

I'm quite enjoying this season. I actually know who's who, there's no psychos, and Production's twists have been **gasp** entertaining.

Sure, there's hidden idols  and a stupid and arbitrary "theme" for the season BUT there's no redemption, and no exile island..

And no returnees.

That said, that's two blindsides in a row that radically change the direction of the game. And that's just before the merge. Not sure the timing was right, but it made for some fun viewing. And yes, kudos to Jay for owning his move when Michaela tried to stare him down. As if that would have made a difference at that point! I do lean towards voting her out, though -- she was just too good at everything; who knows when you'd get another chance!

• Love 23
1 minute ago, LadyChatts said:

I have to say, my biggest disappointment is that there isn't footage of pre-jury Ponderosa.  Michaela and Figgy reunited would be far more entertaining than anything else that's happened this season.

I just want to see Paul's reaction as he sees woman after woman after woman  arrive at Losers Lodge.  

• Love 8

Damn, Michaela got hosed. I mean, it was a fair vote, but she could've made like Tom Westman and bulled her way to the win. Apparently, slingshots are her weakness. She didn't look hot with that.

i like the Chris-David-Michelle-Zeke tribe. Great that David opened up to Zeke.

Thirteen people left, and only four are women. You take away Zeke, David and Fake Funeral Director, and Probst will have problems putting on his shorts. Like watching David Alan Grier and Damon Wayans do a "Men On Survivor" sketch.

I know David has an idol. Who else has one? I keep losing track.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, Lantern7 said:

Damn, Michaela got hosed. I mean, it was a fair vote, but she could've made like Tom Westman and bulled her way to the win. Apparently, slingshots are her weakness. She didn't look hot with that.

i like the Chris-David-Michelle-Zeke tribe. Great that David opened up to Zeke.

Thirteen people left, and only four are women. You take away Zeke, David and Fake Funeral Director, and Probst will have problems putting on his shorts. Like watching David Alan Grier and Damon Wayans do a "Men On Survivor" sketch.

I know David has an idol. Who else has one? I keep losing track.

Adam and Jay.

14 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

Hopefully Jay thinks Michelle is as stupid as those 2 and she winds up being their demise.  I also fully believe Bret and Sunday will re-join Chris at the merge, who will likely have Zeke, Adam, and David at least.

Throw in Jessica and Ken with those 6 and one of Jay, Will or Taylor could easily go see Mikaela.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, PaperTree said:

Throw in Jessica and Ken with those 6 and one of Jay, Will or Taylor could easily go see Mikaela.

I have to think he'll be crapping his pants if he gets voted off next and has to go face her.

I thought it was the theme, but I guess this is the real reason Probst hyped this season so much.  Especially since Sunday and Hannah seem kind of useless as Survivor players, so they probably aren't any real threat to Probst's man crushes.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 5

IDIOTS! I feel like smashing something myself right now. I can't...I just can't with these fools. A merge is never certain and you would toast one of your best players on the...no your BEST player on your team. This is just so sickening I can't really even comment on whatever else happened in the episode. If Michayla wsan't so rattled she should have outed the idol to Sunday and Brett.

The only meager silver lining to be found here is that she's guaranteed a ticket to a return season.

• Love 15
22 minutes ago, PaperTree said:

To me, she seems to read the room well, adjusting her strategy as things change around her.  Telling people what they want to hear and getting them to believe she is sincere.  Her "big play" that was aired  was saving FigTayls from editing doom a while back.

Also while it seems like she's pretty physically overmatched, she's good at puzzles and she and Zeke are consistently the part of the tribe who are outthinking the challenges to make up for their physical limitations while Chris keeps them at least vaguely close physically.

• Love 7

Wow, this season continues to surprise me. I would never have guessed that was coming.

I was just shaking my head in disbelief at Bret bald-faced lying to the group - yes, I see his point about cops getting the target on their backs, but lying about who you really are to a group of people who are smart enough to see through it (go Hannah!) is NOT the way to go about it. Tony Vlachos you are not, dude. I thought for sure he was a goner then. However, I had the sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach as soon as Michaela put forth her incredibly detailed plan, with props no less, of how everything was going to boil down. I just knew that the alpha male types would pounce on this as a threat deserving of a pre-merge boot, and I was not wrong. And she was even saying in her confessional how she had to be wary of appearing too strong! A major miscalculation on her part. I will miss her. And oh my god, I was so scared that Hannah was going to have a panic attack after the vote.. she looked about ready to pass out.

David and Zeke... this could be an interesting alliance. They actually have a lot in common. I was pleased that Zeke was into the idea (at least for the time being, or whatever he said, ha ha) as I thought he might use this against David. I think if I were David I would still trust Zeke over Chris... just a feeling. I can't help but think that if they could also side with Michelle, who is currently in the hot seat at their tribe, they could make a very good power trio. That is, of course, if Michelle were willing to burn her Millennial ties.

Out of sequence, but in the after-tribal scene from last week, I was first applauding Adam for laying it on straight for Taylor, but then he kept just hammering it and hammering it about how he was such a total jerk for betraying him. Yes, you want to be honest about your reasoning and motivations, but you're totally going into overkill, dude. You didn't really give Taylor any reason to want to still keep trusting and working with you. Speaking of Taylor, I found him so much more likeable and engaging now that he's apart from the odious Figs. Even Jessica seemed to be attracted to his young and honest approach, and I genuinely believed him when he said he wouldn't write her or Ken's name down. The three of them could also make an interesting trio.

I would say more but I don't know if talking about next week's preview is considered spoilers?

• Love 8