Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E07: Chapter 7

• Start Topic

I can't really think of much to write at this moment because I'm still in shock. I guess my theory that Matt would be the lone survivor died tonight. I totally wasn't expecting that.

Also I think I find the Polks even scarier than the ghosts. 

Edited by mortonsalt
  • Love 10

Dear lord, first the two brutal head bashings on The Walking Dead, now Shelby crowbarring Matt's head to a pulp on AHS! What timing!  I was surprised to say the least. Wooh boy! I really thought Bates was going to do her in though.

Kathy Bates is killing it as the boochah!  Didn't think she get whacked by the real one. Ouch! Now that is one splitting headache!

I am a little surprised they killed of Sydney in this ep only because I thought they were going to save him for one of the last ones to be offed.

Audrey: "OMG I think he's dead!"

Lee: "Ya think?!".  Haaaa ha! that was one of the funniest  lines of the series.

Poor Lee.... she got tenderizer,stuck with the cooking fork and cooked? Not sure about that though. I saw her in the previews I thought.

Hi crazy Polks!

The running around filming on the phones, wasn't loving that.

Edited by Valny
  • Love 8

Well, that was crazy! If you did a shot everytime someone got killed you'd have been passed out before the end of the show. 

How many more episodes are there? There are only two people left alive now. Shelby and Matt(Cuba). I'm going to assume at this point the three women are dead or soon to be killed by the hillbillies. 

This was a little overkill, pardon the pun, for me, I thought they would have dragged out the terror and deaths of everyone so I'm confused they pretty much knocked everyone off in this one episode. 

• Love 4

How many more episodes are there?

THREE eps left. This season is shorter than most. Only ten eps. Usually the finale would be into the next year. I think I prefer it like this where it's all wrapped up before Thanksgiving.

Edited by Valny
  • Love 10
15 minutes ago, Last Time Lord said:

Personally, I thought Audrey's "I'm not American. I'm not used to this sort of carnage!" while crying was funnier.

Ha, I think I missed that somehow.

4 minutes ago, Pixel said:

I think Lee is the survivor, missing some parts. 

The last person they chopped and cooked, the reporter guy, didn't make it.

I'm going to guess it will be Matt (?), the character Cuba Gooding is playing. Who does everyone else think will be the lone survivor? 

Just now, Straycat80 said:

I'm going to guess it will be Matt (?), the character Cuba Gooding is playing. Who does everyone else think will be the lone survivor? 

True, but that was because he was past his expiration date. It's not too late for Lee to be rescued, and with the previous suspicion on her for Mason's death, the last third of the series could be her being accused of all the other deaths. I know, there's footage, but I'm spitballing. 

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Valny said:

Ha, I think I missed that somehow.

It was almost immediately after the "Ya think?!" line.

2 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

I hope Audrey is the survivor. I think she, more than anyone else deserves a happy-ish ending

• Love 1

well, I gotta hand it to them, I was genuinely surprised by tonite's episode. Did not expect Sydney to be dispatched so quickly. Did NOT expect what Shelby did to Matt. That was disturbing, especially after the Walking Dead bloodbath earlier this week. Matt's suddenly awakening, and moving like an automaton to the basement, like...you know, a man possessed...that was creepy as hell. The house and the colony have twisted them all.

I thought Cuba was badly miscast as OJ, but I've liked him just fine here, and tonite, I think he was pretty funny, extolling the virtues of being the bad guy.

I had thought that Finn was going to be the ghost of Edward Mott, too, but I think he was indeed one of the creepy Polk brothers, which is a waste of his pretty face.

I kind of cheered when the real Butcher offed the faux-one. Kathy Bates is remarkable, but a little of her usually goes a long way for me.

• Love 14

OMG, this episode was insane. It was even better than I expected. What a body count! I wondered if Sydney and the crew were faking it at first. Shelby lost her damn mind smashing in Matt's head like that. I didn't see that one coming. Poor Lee being dismembered. I have no clue who survives this blood fest.

• Love 1

How the hell did Agnes survive all of those beatdowns and shootings?  I was half expecting her to be a ghost that kept popping up.
I was also expecting to see something jump out of the shadows behind her during her monologues.

The forced cannibalism was gross.

• Love 6

Oh my god, that was so FUCKED. UP. I was enjoying Kathy Bates chewing up the scenery and spitting it back out at us again, but then the Matt and Shelby thing totally had me gobsmacked. Like many others, I was instantly reliving the horror of Sunday's Walking Dead. And the real life Polk family was absolutely horrifying. I literally had to close my eyes as they were nearing Lee's leg, and I usually don't shy away.

I was surprised as well that they offed Syd so early on, but I see the story potential in the housemates being totally stranded in non-civilization with no outside help to be had.

What the hell is up with these people's obsession with filming everything with their phones?? I'm finding this to be really weird and disturbing. I would much rather be keeping my eyes on the surroundings and what might potentially be jumping out at me than focusing on the bloody phone six inches from my face.

Is it bad to say that I wanted Audrey to die just so I wouldn't have to hear that abominable attempt at an accent again? The dialogue she was given didn't help either. Wouldn't mind the character at all if she only spoke in her native accent.

I liked the real life Butcher, she looked creepy as hell, and oh man what a way for Agnes to go out. Does anybody know the actors who played the real life Butcher and Ma Polk?

• Love 9

I feel like we're going to get one more twist or reveal. We can't possibly just watch Shelby & faux-Matt and Lee, faux-Lee & faux-Shelby in and out of trouble and all but one being killed for the next 3 episodes (I hope). Especially after this one moved so quickly.

Side note: What the hell, faux-Matt! You woke a woman with a pretty intense slice-wound from some actual rest, to drag her down at least two flights of stairs to show her her husband getting it on with what looks like a homeless woman. (How Shelby walked around without seeming to be in any pain, and then easily pulverized her husband is a bit much, though.)

Edited by morgankobi
  • Love 15
27 minutes ago, TudorQueen said:

I take it Wes Bentley is gone for good?

I hope not ,but probably.

14 minutes ago, peridot said:

The forced cannibalism was gross.

It really was. One of my fave shows is ABOUT a cannibal, but that's cuz he looks like Mads Mikkelsen, not the inbred Polk tribe. Mama Polk was played by Robin Weigert, Deadwood's Calamity Jane.

5 minutes ago, PerfidiousAmber said:

was surprised as well that they offed Syd so early on, but I see the story potential in the housemates being totally stranded in non-civilization with no outside help to be had.

Yeah, that was actually the only way this all worked, for production  to be dead so that there was no hope for outside help.

• Love 11

Gotta say I got a total "Evil Dead" vibe from this episode. (The original one.)

29 minutes ago, morgankobi said:

(How Shelby walked around without seeming to be in any pain, and then easily pulverized her husband is a bit much, though.)

Yeah, how would a woman with a deep hatchet wound like that be able to wield a crowbar with that much deadly force?

• Love 10

All I could think of during the past 2 episodes is why were the only "actors" invited back to the house werected  Matt Shelby Lee and Edward mott.

They.have the butcher a restraining order..but why not invite the other reenactment actors.such as gaga, Wes bentley, the ones who played the Polk family (Chaz Bono and Frances conroy)..also what about the psychic played by Leslie Jordan. And finally the guy played by Dennis O'Hare.  When I saw last week episode and they talked about that last week I was hoping  for more..oh well still love the show.

• Love 2

Holy crap, talk about a bloodbath!

I'm still thinking the "twist" is that none of the murders actually happened, or some of them were faked, like the production crew's, and then it turns out some of the actors were actually slice n'diced and it all goes up in a glorious conflagration while Flora and Priscilla skip away into the woods. 

Because we can't trust anything onscreen. That's the takeaway here; that anything and everything we see can all just be a set up. Or some of it. Or only a few things. Or it's all real. Or it's all being acted. Some of the things strain credulity; like how none of the cell cameras ever lose power and none of the women ever drop them while fleeing through the woods for their lives, or how the Polks apparently love filming stuff. They're not down with bathing or living the sober life but are totally into investing a few bucks into a fancy ass video camera? Why? 

Or Agnes! How did she get shot at close range and maintain enough awareness to remove the damn bullet without passing out from pain and/or blood loss? Where did the Blair Witch cornhusk hanging figures come from and disappear to? 

If all the phones and equipment disappeared from the trailer and the car is dead, why did the lights still work? 

• Love 8

I feel like there's one more big twist too. I don't want to overthink it though because this season is so entertaining. Probably my favorite . 

I'm questioning my TV choices generally because of all the skull bashing. This was better, I think, though I wish I didn't have this kind of comparison in my head. 

• Love 5

Well, I guess real-Lee got eaten and as-seen-on-TV-Lee and as-seen-on-TV-Shelby got tortured for absolutely no reason because real-Shelby is perfectly fine (um, physically--mentally not so much). She's on the brink of death with her arm nearly chopped off, but, hey, real-Matt gave her a pain pill, so she can just bash his head in with full momentum of her rotator cuff. I think what bothered me even more than that was how as-seen-on-TV-Matt kept rubbing and grabbing her bad shoulder afterward when he was talking to her. I could almost buy that she was "entranced" by the spirits or temporary insanity got some super-human strength despite her injury, but once she "snapped out of it," she should have been injured again or at the very least as-seen-on-TV-Matt (oh, I think I remember his name is Dominick) would have remembered she was hurt there and wouldn't have kept patting and massaging right into her wound. Or even the actress or someone on set should have remembered she was injured there. At least wince a bit, real-Shelby!

• Love 8

Surprised I have not seen anyone mention this, but Gaga goes from being arguably the central character last season in a Golden Globe winning performance (whether she actually deserved it was debatable), to a glorified cameo with no dialogue and less 5 minutes of screen time?  What gives?  Did she have scheduling conflicts and was only available for limited filming?  If I were in her shoes I would kind of be insulted by that and wonder if Murphy was not happy with my performance last season.  I know many disagree but I thought she was fine as the Countess.  Don't think she turned in an award winning performance, but for a first timer as one of the lead characters, I was pleasantly surprised by her.

Maybe she'll have more to do in the last few episodes, but somehow I doubt it.

Edited by Joan van Snark
  • Love 3
15 minutes ago, Joan van Snark said:

Surprised I have not seen anyone mention this, but Gaga goes from being arguably the central character last season in a Golden Globe winning performance (whether she actually deserved it was debatable), to a glorified cameo with no dialogue and less 5 minutes of screen time?  What gives?  Did she have scheduling conflicts and was only available for limited filming?  If I were in her shoes I would kind of be insulted by that and wonder if Murphy was not happy with my performance last season.  I know many disagree but I thought she was fine as the Countess.  Don't think she turned in an award winning performance, but for a first timer as one of the lead characters, I was pleasantly surprised by her.

Maybe she'll have more to do in the last few episodes, but somehow I doubt it.

That is what I love be about AHS one season you might be the main character and the next you get a few lines.  It's one of the reasons I was fine to see Jessica Lang go.  The show became almost entirely about her.  Nothing against her mind you but I like shows that are character driven and not actor driven.    

• Love 12
7 hours ago, Poohbear617 said:

why not invite the other reenactment actors.such as gaga, Wes bentley, the ones who played the Polk family (Chaz Bono and Frances conroy)..also what about the psychic played by Leslie Jordan. And finally the guy played by Dennis O'Hare.  When I saw last week episode and they talked about that last week I was hoping  for more..oh well still love the show.

I wish they'd had more of the reenactors show up as well, I'd have loved to see the real life versions of wes, frances, denis, leslie, et al. Maybe it just would have been too unwieldy to have that many folks around, and dispatch them in just a few episodes. I'm still wondering about a 10 little Indians thing. Like someone we think is dead is...not.

Audrey is fairly annoying, but I did feel bad for her last night when she thought Rory had left her. Her confessional about  being foolish to believe he could love her when she's 15 years older than him being was poignant. (I'm 16 years older than my guy, so I can relate to the double standard of older men/younger women but not the reverse being accepted). As the recap said, 'No, Audrey, he loved the shit out of you' until the nasty evil nurse ghosts butchered him. Poor Rory.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Joan van Snark said:

Surprised I have not seen anyone mention this, but Gaga goes from being arguably the central character last season in a Golden Globe winning performance (whether she actually deserved it was debatable), to a glorified cameo with no dialogue and less 5 minutes of screen time?  What gives?  Did she have scheduling conflicts and was only available for limited filming?  If I were in her shoes I would kind of be insulted by that and wonder if Murphy was not happy with my performance last season.

She wasn't insulted.  She wasn't available for a starring role so Murphy gave her this one.  Murphy is famous for filming around his stable's schedules.  Sarah Paulson had a limited role in Hotel, because she had a major role in the OJ series.

• Love 6

My new guess is Dominick is the lone survivor. With all his talk about Reality Show villains I am thinking he will come out on top and play the hero until one or more of the camera gets found showing him for the coward he will turn out to be.  Reality TV Baby!

• Love 6

I just binge-watched the new season of Black Mirror, so the constant filming with the phones and the plea "I just wanted be on TV" made me feel like I was watching AHS: Black Mirror. 

This was one of the few episodes of this show that actually, legitimately terrified me. I watched it this morning and I was still scared, even with the sun shining. I felt tense the whole time. I think that one of the strengths of starting the season with a reenactment and then following with "real found footage" is that everything feels heightened. The reenactment, while still shocking when people died, was removed from the immediacy of real death because they were just actors recreating a death. Now, it kind of feels weirdly real. I sometimes like to rewatch episodes right away to see if I missed anything, but I will not be watching this episode again for a while. 

• Love 7
8 hours ago, Snookums said:

Because we can't trust anything onscreen. That's the takeaway here; that anything and everything we see can all just be a set up. Or some of it. Or only a few things. Or it's all real. Or it's all being acted.

Thanks for narrowing it down, Snookums!  ;)

There may be holes galore (and not the kind made by all the stabbing), but these past two episodes sure have been entertaining! I'm just worried how they can keep it up with so few characters left.

• Love 2

Wow, that one was a shocker.

I wasn't expecting Shelby to kill Matt and I wasn't expecting Sidney to die this quickly, even if he had it coming though.

The real Butcher killing off Agnes though was a good way of ending this episode. Never meet your heroes, people.

The real Polks are genuinely scary as hell. I felt bad for Lee, Monet and Audrey, even if the latter's accent is grating on me though.

Dominic wants to be the reality TV baddie and he'll probably get his wish too.

Nice to see Finn Wittrock, even if it was too brief though, 8/10

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Poohbear617 said:

All I could think of during the past 2 episodes is why were the only "actors" invited back to the house werected  Matt Shelby Lee and Edward mott.

They.have the butcher a restraining order..but why not invite the other reenactment actors.such as gaga, Wes bentley, the ones who played the Polk family (Chaz Bono and Frances conroy)..also what about the psychic played by Leslie Jordan. And finally the guy played by Dennis O'Hare.  When I saw last week episode and they talked about that last week I was hoping  for more..oh well still love the show.

Having all the castmembers who played the ghost probably would've been a bit unwieldy from an in-universe production standpoint. 

Besides, Sydney seemed to be aiming for the gimmick of having the originals and their counterparts sharing a house, and having the ghost actors would have screwed that up. Rory was probably there only because he came as a package with Aubrey, since they were married. 

• Love 3

I was glad to have a solid reason that Matt came back (the pull of the forest witch.) Less glad to see him get his head bashed in! Yikes.

I'm going to predict Lee as last (wo)man standing - only she'll be standing without at least 1 leg.

I don't really have a lot of sympathy for any of them because again, WHY WOULD YOU COME BACK TO THIS HOUSE? Also at one point, someone says they need to get to town and town is "5 miles away" - uh, 5 miles. Let's go. It's not 500 miles. I would even consider walking 500 miles. Or 500 more (little joke there.) Not that bad, compared to the horror you have behind you. 

• Love 24

Lots of chills and thrills this episode, but still a lot of implausible moments. I have a hard time believing they'd still be diligently filming everything with their cameras by the time they'd made their way out of the tunnel and into the woods, after what they'd seen in there, and especially after finding Rory's body hanging in the trees. Time to put the phones down, folks. I also didn't buy two of them ducking into the confessional booth at this point in the story either.

Cheyenne Jackson, dead already? Booooo.

Edited by iMonrey
  • Love 4
Spoiler

She's on the brink of death with her arm nearly chopped off, but, hey, real-Matt gave her a pain pill, so she can just bash his head in with full momentum of her rotator cuff. I think what bothered me even more than that was how as-seen-on-TV-Matt kept rubbing and grabbing her bad shoulder afterward when he was talking to her. I could almost buy that she was "entranced" by the spirits or temporary insanity got some super-human strength despite her injury, but once she "snapped out of it," she should have been injured again or at the very least as-seen-on-TV-Matt (oh, I think I remember his name is Dominick) would have remembered she was hurt there and wouldn't have kept patting and massaging right into her wound.