Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E02: The Well

halgia
  • Start Topic

4 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

I'd rather be part of Negan's harem than with this Galavant fool in a bad dread wig.  Can he even fight?

He gets his tiger to do his fighting for him. Which would really be kind of hot. 

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, lmsweb said:

He gets his tiger to do his fighting for him. Which would really be kind of hot. 

Yeah fine, but what if someone shoots the tiger?  Again, can he fight?  Or is he all mouth?

7 minutes ago, ShadowSixx said:

Now Carol and Daryl wanna keep up their stupid lone wolf schtick which is causing them to be a liability to the group and they're not seeing that. Since they want to keep running off Rick and the rest of the group should be like "fuck it" let them leave. He should treat them how he treated Michonne when he first met her, just don't trust them anymore and how they treated Andrea when she visited the prison. They wanna detach themselves from the group because they're suffering internally from all the deaths of close people. Whatever, everyone has lost someone and to this day I still say Maggie suffered the most, she had to watch Hershel get decapitated and Glenn get brutally beaten in front of her and she may have suffered a miscarriage. Maggie isn't closing herself off even though she has every right to. Carol and Daryl can go fuck themselves.

Everyone deals with grief differently.  Carol and Daryl could have told Rick and his kids to "go fuck themselves" back at the prison but they didn't.  Daryl was about to give his life in exchange for Rick, Carl and Michonne to the Claimers. Carol had every right to keep it moving when she realized they were being held captive at Terminus. Rick could have also left the church not knowing what happened to Carol and Daryl. I hope they never get to a "go fuck yourself" point. 

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

Yeah fine, but what if someone shoots the tiger?  Again, can he fight?  Or is he all mouth?

I have no idea, I was being kind of facetious with my answer. I'm going to wager that tiger or no, I don't think you get to survive this long into a ZA without some sort of survival skills. He was also pretty calm when he told Negan's asshat buddies to take their shit and go. Is he Rick or Daryl level of fighting? I don't know. But I'm sure he has some skills.

• Love 7

I'll take the ren faire Jimmy Carter any day over Trump. Oops, I mean Negan. Even if I wind up dead, I'm not ever going to align with evil.

I feel fairly confident that Ezekiel also maybe has some strong survival skills, aside from being accompanied by a big tiger, but I guess we'll see.

• Love 12

When the episode began, I shared Carol's complete and utter WTF is going on here? What is this and why is it on my show? The Kingdom? The King? No, just no. However the knights showed some badass zombie killing skills and there were two or more female knights, which made me happy, so I chilled and went along for the ride. And I liked it a lot. Ezekiel is a solid leader who goes into the field, mentors less experienced fighters and can handle himself in a fight when he chooses. I hope he isn't allowing people to ignore the fact that they're living in a ZA. I'm all for cobbler, music and education as long as everyone can handle themselves in a crisis. 

Ezekiel and his crew won me over for good by giving Negan's crew the tainted pigs. I loved that so much. I also liked the kid, Benjamin, who is now likely doomed. He'd make a good friend for Carl, and I think Ezekiel's wilyness could temper Rick's ruthlessness. Alexandria was ridiculously soft, but the Kingdom seems like a better fit for the former Camp Dinnerbell. 

• Love 14

Yea I rather be with the Kingdom than Saviors. If you fall out with Negan you either die or get your face burned off like Dwight. No thank you. Seems like a majority of Saviors lost their humanity and have unlikable people in the group while the Kingdom have some cool characters like Ezekiel, Richard, Jerry, & Benjamin. Odd that a group that just debut already have likable characters because Shane's initial group didn't have likable people and neither did ASZ.

• Love 6

The moment I saw Ezekiel and his tiger when Morgan and Carol had their audience with him, the first thing that popped into my head was that it was like one of those old episodes of Lost in Space where the Robinsons land on the latest weirdo planet that is ruled over by that episode's resident nutjob.

On bit of typecasting that I'm sick of is all these stringy, scraggly, hippie, Sons of Anarchy bad guys who get to kick ass on people.  Seriously, Maggie could beat up some of these guys.  Give me some tough guys who are actual tough guys.  I want to be intimidated by the bad guys, not annoyed by them.

• Love 3

How far apart are these groups from each other?? Little too convenient they're this close to each other and they barely run into each other. I know Hilltop from ASZ is a day away when traveling. How far away is The Kingdom from ASZ, it may not be too taxing and maybe Morgan will tell Rick how far it is when/if he goes back to ASZ. 

• Love 2

I opted out of the season premiere so this was my first ep back. I liked it. 

I'm always more fascinated by stories that are about how society goes forward with this plague which is why I get tired of the way everything eventually goes to shit. I think there are plenty of real challenges to be found in rebuilding but for some reason the show likes to always return to the same "us vs them" drama. 

I didn't think I would like Ezekial as much as I did but learning that he's very aware of what he's doing helped a lot. The Governors and the Negans of the world believe their own hype. Seeing that Ezekial didn't went a long way toward making him likable. I especially liked him dropping his regal dialect. Plus as a cat person, it's nice to see one in the ZA even if it is a tiger.

That said, Morgan is still getting on my nerves and I don't get why Carol thinks that being alone is her only option. I know what each of them SAY but neither of them make sense to me.

• Love 9
7 minutes ago, ShadowSixx said:

How far apart are these groups from each other?? Little too convenient they're this close to each other and they barely run into each other. I know Hilltop from ASZ is a day away when traveling. How far away is The Kingdom from ASZ, it may not be too taxing and maybe Morgan will tell Rick how far it is when/if he goes back to ASZ. 

I don't think they are close at all thus all the gas and trouble to try and get Maggie to the Hilltop. There is no indication of the time span of Rick leaving Morgan to search for Carol and how long it took Carol and Morgan to travel to the Kingdom.  

6 minutes ago, ChipBach said:

Thank you GHOULINA - I am assumed the original post was written by a youngster who thinks middle aged people need to try to look 25 their entire lives.  I can think of nothing more ridiculous than a person sweating hair color during a Zombie Apocalypse to look younger.  I think this is why Carol is a fan favorite, she appeals to people in their 40s/50s that can see beauty beyond the obvious advantages of youth...  I dig Carol just as she is. 

Eh, I'm old, maybe older than carol, but she looks like a grandma to me. Cuz she COULD be one. No big deal. Her grey hair color is pretty (tho the cut is not, imo) but it IS aging. I'm not a huge Carol fan, one way or the other but her age, or mine, has nothing to do with that.

• Love 7
57 minutes ago, luna1122 said:

I'll take the ren faire Jimmy Carter any day over Trump. Oops, I mean Negan. Even if I wind up dead, I'm not ever going to align with evil.

I feel fairly confident that Ezekiel also maybe has some strong survival skills, aside from being accompanied by a big tiger, but I guess we'll see.

Right.  Cobbler over tainted pig any day.

Did the knights remind anyone else of the Riders of Rohan?

• Love 3

Pigs are already considered filthy unclean animals and This episode probably did no favors to the pork industry.  I really, really want to know if the Saviors will get ill or die from consuming the pork. Part of me was kinda upset that the Terminites were killed not long after eating Bob's tainted me so I really need the question answered of whether consuming the flesh of the walkers have an effect on humans.

Didn't know how much I needed this episode before it aired. At first I was a little disappointed that there would be no Rick and crew but damn was I glad for the respite. I really, really enjoyed and Ezekiel is my fave addition in a long time. The actor is a real find. The wig - not so much. Should have left it in in the Halloween pop up store they found it in. Loved Ezekiel's man at arms also. Too funny. Shiva is amazing. One of my fave little scenes was Shiva sunning herself outdoors and turning her face up towards the sun with a look of total contentment. 

• Love 4

One of my fave little scenes was Shiva sunning herself outdoors and turning her face up towards the sun with a look of total contentment. 

She may look like a contented housecat, as long as Ezekiel - and everyone else -  keep in mind what happened to Roy when his tiger got irritated and went tiger. I swear even my own housecats often give me a look that says, "If only I were a tiger, you'd be history."

The wig - not so much.

It's hard to understand that, and not just on this show but even big-budget movies -  so many of them are just terrible and cheap looking. This one is particularly, laughably bad with that rug-looking band across the front.

I think this is why Carol is a fan favorite, she appeals to people in their 40s/50s that can see beauty beyond the obvious advantages of youth...

I may be annoyed with her, but this seems to be a ground-breaking role for a middle-aged woman - badass instead of the District Attorney or a background, aproned Mom - roles to which most actresses seem relgated once the first flush of youth is over. Personally, I prefer people with signs of age on their faces to the smooth, blankness of the very young. And yeah, whoever meantioned Daryl's dark, dyed hair: Totally agree. It makes him look older, not younger.  

• Love 9
33 minutes ago, islandgal140 said:

Shiva is amazing. One of my fave little scenes was Shiva sunning herself outdoors and turning her face up towards the sun with a look of total contentment. 

That was such a beautiful shot. It was nice to see people (and Shiva) actually living, just not surviving or being on edge all the time. And I don't think these people are as clueless as Alexandria. Rick's crew could benefit from the Kingdom right now. I assume Morgan will want to let Rick know he found Carol? I am curious as to how Morgan, Carol and even Ezekiel will respond to hearing about what happened. Has the kingdom lost people to Negan too? They did threaten Richard.

• Love 6
16 hours ago, Dodginblue said:

I thought at first that this episode was strange, then decided maybe it wasn't really happening, that it was Carol's hallucination, kind of a cruel continuation of the imaginary scenes in last week's episode, how things aren't going to be, no sitting around having dinner together, bouncing baby on the knee and so on.  

With the pigs and the saviors I figured no, it's happening, and then the Kingdom scenes  seemed corny.

I don't read the comics, but this is the first episode ever that seemed very comic-booky to me.  I prefer the story telling of the first few seasons.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Why did the King immediately tell Morgan and Carol all the secrets of the Kingdom - including the tithing to Negan and his own"bullshit" act -  but only a few townspeople know? Does he instantly tell every new person what's really going on, re: The Saviors and his OTT act? If he does, why wouldn't many more of them know, since they must have been new at one time?

I think they knew that Carol and Morgan had encountered Negan's people on the road. So they would understand. Also, Ezekial seems adept at reading people, and I think he immediately pegged Morgan as someone who can handle a risky situation without popping off and going crazy. 

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, CrazyDog said:

And I don't think these people are as clueless as Alexandria. Rick's crew could benefit from the Kingdom right now.

I don't think they are either. Both ASZ and The Kingdom may have had a bit of extra curriculars going on, but the ASZhats seemed like they were still waiting for the Army to show up. They were using up provisions with abandon - to the point that they were running out quickly after Rick's group showed up. (And yes, there were more people, but there were also less - the Wolves took out a lot.) For all of Aaron's gushing about apple trees, what else did they have going on there? It wasn't until Rick, and Maggie, came that they started thinking long term planning. The Kingdomers have goats and pigs and lots of fresh things growing. They have horses for transport and seem fairly competent with Walkers. I do hope that EVERYONE is trained in there, but some people are just better suited for other things. We shall see, but so far I like what they've got going on. 

• Love 5
17 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Carol hasn’t eaten for days and turns down a pomegranate. You could have taken the apple, Carol.

As Persephone could tell you about pomegranates and Eve could tell you about apples - good call, Carol.  But when do people ever stick with good decisions on this show?

• Love 3
27 minutes ago, Wouldofshouldof said:

I don't read the comics, but this is the first episode ever that seemed very comic-booky to me.  I prefer the story telling of the first few seasons.

Yeah, me too!  I did end up enjoying most of the episode, but it was the first time that I felt I was watching something that came from a comic book. I know that must sound ridiculous to people who watch the show because of the comics (graphic novel?), or at least are very aware of them.  I'm not sure that I knew this show was from a comic when I first started watching way back with those 6 original eps.  Heck, I don't even like the zombie genre. Oh, there was a hilarious movie way back in 1989 called "Chopper Chicks in Zombietown".  Oh god, it was funny.

Anyway,  TWD was simply great drama with great acting and fantastic special effects on the zombies.  I was immediately hooked like so many, many others. I am running out of interest, though.  I keep telling myself that when Carol is gone, I might stop watching.  I'm not upset with anything about the show. Ok, maybe Negan is a bridge too far, but I started losing interest quite awhile back. It's hard for me to let go of things, (I'm still forcing myself through "Once Upon a Time"), so who knows?

• Love 2

As Persephone could tell you about pomegranates and Eve could tell you about apples - good call, Carol.

The kingdom is not exactly the Garden of Eden, Carol is not Eve and sometimes an apple is just an apple. I noticed Carol had no problem with them when she was picking them before hitting the road.

• Love 4

Since our group left the prison, this show has slowly gone down hill. Not in a "this is an awful show now" way, but it had lost some of that...(feeling?) that made it great. For example, on the way to Terminus, they tried to be artsy about each split-off group's story which had me doing a lot of eye-rolling. And last season, it seemed to me that TPTB were more interested in trying to fool the audience than simply telling us the story. I was annoyed with everything from the tragic walk of guts with Sam in tow, to the fake dumpster death, and especially with the head bashing cliff hanger.

That being said, to me, this episode had that old time feel to it. I absolute love this new community that is thriving non-violently! Most of all, I love this new character Ezekiel! He is charming and street smart and most of all, he still has hope! Not the wool-over-the-eyes hope Deanna had, but real, eyes wide open I know the world is shitty but I just don't care, HOPE! You remember hope? That thing Dale had??? That thing Hershel had??? That thing they ripped away from us at the prison and never returned? Yay hope! Now I wan't to follow this group, instead of wrecking-ball Rick and the gang. I don't want to go back to the hopeless feeling of last week's episode. EVER!

But, I know that TPTB feel the need to kill anything or anyone that gives us hope, so I suspect this old time feeling I just got from this one episode will be short lived. *sigh*

Edited by JusLaugh
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, TigerLynx said:

I'm getting a new T-Shirt - "If the Tiger dies, we riot."

Yes, I like the tiger, too.  I don't know why people are so resentful about feeding the tiger--nobody's gnawing on tree bark to keep the tiger fat and happy. 

The point was made that everyone's getting three meals a day and did you see those dinner trays?  There must be a cafeteria line, since Ben commented on Morgan's vegetarian selections.  (Is there a gluten-free option?)  When the kid had to be strong-armed into finishing his broccoli, there was no gentle reminder about the cardinal sin of wasting food.  Leftovers go into the compost pile.

Besides, the community is established and self-sustaining enough in the basic needs department to be thinking about the performing arts.  I don't think it really sets a good example, in the drive to re-civilize, to look at a magnificent (and pre-ZA endangered) creature like a tiger and say, "Wow.  Big.  Eats a lot.  Kill it."

Edited by candall
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, Ohwell said:

I'd rather be part of Negan's harem than with this Galavant fool in a bad dread wig.  Can he even fight?

I would happily be in Ezekiel's harem, if he didn't seem to be too decent to have one. 

Edited by Anela
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

Random thoughts:

So, there are at least three individual groups that are paying extortion in the form of goods to the Saviors.  Each group doesn't have the power to take on the Saviors.  Interesting.

Carol acting like a disrespectful asshole to a leader of a group that saved her life.  She doesn't have to buy into the whole king thing, but anyone with a pulse who has never met her should be able to tell tell from the start she was coming off as a complete phony.  She didn't have to respect the king, but she at least should have had enough respect  that he has that groups leader saved her life.

I don't care what happens to Carol at this point, she has turned into a jerk.

Feeding the hogs dead  Walkers.  I guess they taste like chicken.  A bit surprised that they wouldn't make the hogs sick.

I realize that it wouldn't kill off the entire group of Saviors, but I do have to wonder why any of these groups haven't tried to poison the extorted food.  At a minimum, I would have expected the Saviors to ask the people supplying the food to taste it first.

Of course people want to be led around by the nose.  Is that really any great surprise.  They are looking for security and a someone to believe in, in a world where no such person exists.

Your first line... there are at least three groups that are paying extortion, each group doesn't have the power to take on the Saviors... Not alone, but TOGETHER they will take him down. Holy crap... TWD stole this whole scenario from A Bug's Life. One ant is powerless, but all of them together... And Hopper (Negan) knows that. Just wait until Alexandria, Hilltop and The Kingdom get together, build a fake bird... or do something that makes sense in the Zombie Apocalypse. 

• Love 1
50 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

The kingdom is not exactly the Garden of Eden, Carol is not Eve and sometimes an apple is just an apple. I noticed Carol had no problem with them when she was picking them before hitting the road.

Well one's first conclusion is that Carol simply did not want any fruit. But there were strawberries and apples and all KINDS of goodness goin' on in that bowl, so that is obviously impossible.

Next conclusion: Ezekiel said take from the well, give to the well. Take from the well, and you have to stay longer to pay your debt. Carol's denial of fruit was in the spirit of not taking more from the well, declining his invitation to enjoy the splendors of the community. She thought Zeke was cray-cray and wanted to get the hell out of there ASAP, so she was like, "Uh, no fruit for me, thanks so much." She made an effort to seem insipid and useless, like she was someone they'd be better off without, then turned around and stole what she needed. She seemed like she was doing everything she could to prepare for escape. That's the only interpretation I could think of, anyway.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Haleth said:

Right.  Cobbler over tainted pig any day.

Did the knights remind anyone else of the Riders of Rohan?

Pigs will eat any damn thing, including their newborn, shit, and carrion.  If we could get sick from all the literal shit pigs eat, we would all be dead.

yeah, cobbler is more delicious, but fully cooked pork is safe and more nutritious, especially when there is head bashing to do.

oh, I feel so dirty.  I'm leaning toward the Negan  side.  See what a CGI tiger and a doofus in a bad wig can do.   If his end game is to just submit with no plans for rebellion, they're all doomed.  Negan would likely keep killing people to keep them in line.  Best to play possum and get out of dodge.

Also, I do not care what he does to Daryl.   They killed the wrong brother off, IMO.   I'll trade Daryl for Merle, Maggie for Glenn, and Tara/Rosita/Aaron for Bob.  

• Love 5

Also, I do not care what he does to Daryl.   They killed the wrong brother off, IMO.   I'll trade Daryl for Merle

Yep, yep. Daryl pissed me off so badly when, the morning after the confrontation with the Claimers, when Rick asked about Beth, Daryl said, "She's just GONE." He couldn't summon up the words to say, "There's this big, black car with a cross in the window that took her away. "  So yeah, I don't care what Negan does to him. I'm sick of him and his acting like he's a miser and words are a dollar each.

• Love 5

You have to pay for those Guinea pigs you eat.  Luckily, it seemed Ezekial expected you to do something for the community as a whole, i.e. Guard duty, farming, etc. which is much nicer that the Grady alternative.

I thought carols reaction was pretty much the same reaction Sasha had to ASZ, but better acted.  I don't even think she was acting during the audience with the Dope.  I think Melissa Mc bride was doing that on the fly, based on how goofy the scene was.   Maybe they just had her go in cold.  She seemed to be really laughing, not acting laughing.     

Negan has to know Ezekiel has a tiger, and that it requires quite a bit of food that could go to Negan.    It doesn't make sense for Negan to leave them with anything extra.   The more he takes, the less they have, so they have just enough energy to produce for him, and aren't much of a physical threat.   Surely Negan knows about William Sherman and how to effectively wage total war?    These people have fucking cobbler and a damn choir.  I expect Negan to correct that shit.

This was a good episode, because the contrast actually made me more interested in Negan.  Well played, show.  

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

Yep, yep. Daryl pissed me off so badly when, the morning after the confrontation with the Claimers, when Rick asked about Beth, Daryl said, "She's just GONE." He couldn't summon up the words to say, "There's this big, black car with a cross in the window that took her away. "  So yeah, I don't care what Negan does to him. I'm sick of him and his acting like he's a miser and words are a dollar each.

Ever since Daryl arrived in ASZ he's been a boring mopey mess. Just being stand offish and giving everyone the cold shoulder. I hope he suffers greatly in Negan's camp and then he eats a tainted pig and has his head bashed in. Can we trade Daryl for Glenn?

• Love 7
20 minutes ago, Ocean Chick said:

"Take from the well, give to the well"  Sounds like we're back at Grady hospital.  At least Zeke seems more amenable than Dawn? 

Oh I was behind Carol's reaction all the way in the beginning. A community that looks too good to be true, but is ruled by someone who seems to have a personality disorder? Warning bells. That's never gone well. His stuff about "the well" could easily have been mistaken for a subtle threat. Some people took Carol's response for ingratitude, but if it was me, I'd just be horrified that I was now indebted to a guy who seems to have lost touch with reality, has taken all my weapons, and has a freaking TIGER. What the hell will he want from me now? Indentured servitude? That would fit in just great with this whole feudal medieval theme.

• Love 7

Well, I was ready to give up on this show after last week but I decided to watch this Carol episode and by the end of it I was loving Ezekiel and his awesome Tiger.  Ezekiel is smart, wily and funny - and he hasn't lost his humanity. Plus, he was actually able to help Carol a bit.

I am sure the assholes who run this show are going to kill off the tiger in no time flat but I was so pleasantly surprised last night that for now I will be watching the Ezekiel scenes and skipping all the Negan crap.

• Love 10
7 hours ago, Dobian said:

The moment I saw Ezekiel and his tiger when Morgan and Carol had their audience with him, the first thing that popped into my head was that it was like one of those old episodes of Lost in Space where the Robinsons land on the latest weirdo planet that is ruled over by that episode's resident nutjob.

Really. I strained something from rolling my eyes so hard. Not to mention the logistical handwaving to keep a pet tiger. Though at this point, having horses I do agree is a good idea. But seriously, ok you're a "king", you need to talk like that? The known world ends and everyone just goes bonkers. At least everyone seems to possess basic skills. I mean, I'm glad he came clean to Carol, but still. That's a weird direction to go in. I can't believe all the people don't know he's putting them on. I'll concede that these people don't look like idiots at least. 

I credit the writers for introducing this new plot by having Carol be like, "yeah. no."

I'd like to think there's people like in Idaho living in the valleys and farming with a basic government in place while the rest of these yahoos are killing each other and playing with tigers.

While I agree that fighting skills are probably the most important, I feel like the entire scientific body of knowledge is just going down the drain because everyone is playing out their teenboy fantasies. 

Given that everyone seems to be next door neighbors, I can't fathom how someone hasn't walked around and banded together everyone against Negan.

Edited by ganesh
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Anela said:

I had to google that. :)

Sorry!  I just grinched five minutes ago because I had to google an unfamiliar acronym and there were 82 possibilities. 

Post-apocalyptic headquarters for Good and Evil in The Stand, right?

I'm a little frightened by those willingly choosing the Randall Flagg option. 

You mean on the show, or in the thread?  : )

Edited by candall
  • Love 3

Well, this one was a palate cleanser for sure. I'm glad TPTB had Ezekiel show his cards right up front (or most of them, or the reasonable ones at least) so I didn't have to keep wondering what this guy's angle was and whether he was another power hungry nutjob. TBD I'm sure. But right now I welcome the addition of his character. And yes, the actor is incredibly funny and gets the ridiculousness of the whole thing, from his appearance on TD after this episode. I hope he sticks around for a while.

Loved the idea of fattening up the pigs on walkers. I'm intrigued if it will be an effective tactic on making the Saviors sick or weak. Even if it's just equivalent to spitting on their BBQ pork sammies. I was contemplating other ways of tainting the extorted items. Separate garden space for the Saviors veggies, fertilized with raw sewage? If Eugene ends up having to make them ammo, throw in some random ones that blow up unexpectedly or are just duds? The subtle sabotage options are many.

I'm also wondering if Hilltop knows about the Kingdom? I'm guessing no, since they didn't know about Alexandria before Jesus ran into Rick and Daryl. So if the members who are out on scavenging runs don't encounter others from these communities, I can see where each one has managed to overlook the others.

I like Ezekiel's kindness and yet he's not clueless about what is going on outside the walls. The guy running Hilltop right now is more of a Governor in the making, trying to run his show without really showing care for his community. He was willing to try and extort Alexandria for stuff rather than working with them, until Maggie really pushed him back.

Looking forward to seeing all these groups make connections and gear up for the big take-down of Negan. I think Carol and Morgan are in the right community for them right now. Both of them are having crises of conscience. Now it seems that while Carol is on the path to pacifist from her terminator role, Morgan has begun to realize he just can't be unconditionally pacifist when it affects others in whatever community he wants to live in. I'm glad to see the payout for Morgan's character arc through the series so far, and the same for Carol. I don't think her character arc has been stagnant or wasted, I really see how she's started to question who she is now and why, while still remembering who she was before.

• Love 5
20 hours ago, nvwalker said:

Was Carol wearing a GPS tracking device? And...wasn't that a booty knock on the door?  I'm rewatching this episode right now.  No way can I rewatch the season premiere again.  I loved TTD telling how they used peanut butter on the actors, image going home at night and telling your family "I got painted in peanut butter and licked to death (on screen, as zombies) by pigs" about your day at work.  I did LOVE seeing the horses and hope they use them more and more.  Seven seasons in, fuel and vehicles would not be running all that reliably. 

I will counter with we are likely only a year or two into the ZA at this point? Timeline is a little hazy and their time jumps are never that clear.

I'm sorry about Abraham and Glen but maybe the group needed a beat-down considering Carol's attitude to this community who has done nothing but help, feed, and be kind to her.

Such arrogance and condescension for an obviously functioning community.  They aren't like ASZ; they are producing food in abundance and they are also training fighters and doing what they have to do to maintain safety for every one. 

Carol's contempt seems to be predicated on her notion that everyone from tiniest child to the elderly have to be badass warriors all the time.  Nothing wrong with singing a song once in a while when there are no walkers around Carol!

Edited by Arnella
  • Love 11
5 hours ago, AlwaysWatching said:

Yeah, me too!  I did end up enjoying most of the episode, but it was the first time that I felt I was watching something that came from a comic book. I know that must sound ridiculous to people who watch the show because of the comics (graphic novel?), or at least are very aware of them.  I'm not sure that I knew this show was from a comic when I first started watching way back with those 6 original eps.  Heck, I don't even like the zombie genre. Oh, there was a hilarious movie way back in 1989 called "Chopper Chicks in Zombietown".  Oh god, it was funny.

Anyway,  TWD was simply great drama with great acting and fantastic special effects on the zombies.  I was immediately hooked like so many, many others. I am running out of interest, though.  I keep telling myself that when Carol is gone, I might stop watching.  I'm not upset with anything about the show. Ok, maybe Negan is a bridge too far, but I started losing interest quite awhile back. It's hard for me to let go of things, (I'm still forcing myself through "Once Upon a Time"), so who knows?

Have y'all forgotten the introduction of Eugene, Abraham & booty shorts Rosita?

• Love 5