Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E08: Welcome to the Urban Jungle

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, kat165 said:

Edited to include: what the heck was that shirt Nina was wearing? It was like a cheap Model's baseball shirt mixed in with a little kid's pajama print. Hideous. If I was one of the designers I wouldn't be too upset if she didn't like my design.

I thought it looked like a Chicago Cubs fan T-shirt. It's funny because they are playing in the World Series right now.

• Love 4

I think that Brick's outfit would have worked with a plain, longish top in a vibrant, but darker color.  Agree that they auffed him because he had been in the bottom so much.  But it was more than that, I think.  They like to see a consistent style develop on the show, and his was all over the place. Cornelius is the one that should have gone home IMHO.  His whole outfit was a hot mess. Hated the Mickey Mouse ears on Dexter's outfit--just ridiculous--who wears that off of a runway? (now prepared to be slammed with dozens of commentators saying that this is their everyday look). Thought it was hilarious when the judges told him he wasn't really all that out of the box.  And I actually like Dexter, but he does get a little full of himself. Laurence's pants were a nightmare---of course I hate "poopy pants" to begin with, but if you are going to do them, do them well.  No way did she deserve the win.  It would be nice to see her do a design without the leather. Both she and Erin are running the risk of the "one trick pony" designation.  Erin's obsession with embroidery is going to do her in--not only does it not always fit the challenge, but she spends so much time on that aspect that the rest of her outfit suffers.

Edited by Yokosmom
  • Love 10

I paid so much attention trying to figure out who that was on Laurence's top

(small voice)  Until I read the comments here, I thought that was the design of the shirt.  I even thought it was kinda cool.

Erin's falling into Patricia's problem:  Spending too much time on creating the textile that the whole garment looks shoddily thrown together.  I don't remember what her original sketch looked like, but I couldn't see how those embroidery embellishments would look good on anything.  They were very oddly placed, IMO, and clashed in color and style with the underlying fabric.

• Love 6

I love dropped waist pants but they are tricky to wear. You have to be very slender and tall though I have a petite friend who looks fabulous in them because she is thin and we'll proportioned. A drapy fabric is required though. I was surprised no one mentioned that.  I loved hearing Laurence say "crouch." 

Loved the bat wing jacket. I used to have one and wished I still had it!

Glad they told Dexter he was NOT out of the box. He is sitting smack dab in the middle of the counter culture fad box.

Street fashion says flat shoes/boots, not 5" heels.  A safe dress was gold and stapless! Oy

Skilled designers are not applying as much. I miss seeing quality and personalities like Santino, Jay, Austin and many more. 

At least Nina is still there. She is my favorite judge. I miss Kors. 

• Love 10

If you took Erin's green vomit, Dexter's uneven Mickey Mouse shoulder, Laurence's poopy pants, and Cornelius's grandma patches and put it into one outfit...you might have the ugliest thing ever created.

I like some of the people I've named, but there was heck of a lot of "ah hell no" on the runway last night.

• Love 13

Regarding the judges - two guest judges is really unnecessary. All they do is parrot what the other three say anyway, and it makes the judging part long and boring. Plus when they hate an outfit, it gets piled on by 5 people, and then I feel bad for the designer. One useless guest judge is plenty IMO. 

• Love 19

I like Nathalia's jacket, but I couldn't tell if it invisibly met the model's hips under the "bubble" or just stuck out free like that. If it's cold enough for a heavier coat, I do not want that open space for stupid winter to blow into!

Dexter's was eh to me. Like the colors, hated the dumb shoulders, and wondered why the shorts weren't hemmed. Also, I don't know why the judges liked the crotch of them--the bagginess looked too minimal to be deliberate but too big to be anything but an error.

I think Laurence's fabric was too stiff to do what she was hoping it would do in the crotch region.

I laughed at Mah Jing freaking out on behalf of Erin that the runway was happening soon! Speaking of Erin, she seemed like kind of an entitled jerk after learning that she was in the bottom.

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, qtpye said:

I like some of the people I've named, but there was heck of a lot of "ah hell no" on the runway last night.

I liked Rick's black outfit, from the two seconds we saw of it.

• Love 6

Agree that that the khaki material was too stiff for the dropped crotch.  I liked the dropped crotch pants (pant! short! scissor!) that she made in the first challenge--the first time I've admired that style.  (Hmm.  My mother used to say "crouch."  Maybe she was French!)

How you can make giant Mickey Mouse ears the critical feature of your look, and then be so careless with them?  Do you not cut through four layers of material at the same time to make sure they match?  Those were different shapes, going different directions.

I appreciate the poster above who was able to discern the 24-inch pattern repeat, etc. in Brik's design.   Good eye.   But, I'm annoyed that the judges can sit there and claim a designer's choice to put Fabric A with Fabric B is so inexcusable, he must be banished.  There was some really janky shit going down that runway. 

Last week I was musing that none of these pups have much experience with sophisticated cocktail parties, but "street" should have been everyone's comfort zone.  Street.  Street.  Street.  Stop saying street!

• Love 8

I've only seen a couple episodes of this season, so I'm not entirely sure what's going on here, but....  I loved Laurence's look. I know I'm in the minority, but I thought the pants looked great once pulled down and I'm betting that the material will have a lot more give after the first wash. I'm guessing she won over the other designer because her outfit was finished so impeccably. Did they not show the inside of the other jacket and it wasn't finished at all, raw edges on the inside?

I can't fathom why Brik went home when blonde designer (don't know names yet, sorry) spent an entire day badly embroidering those hideous shorts that didn't seem to have a finished edge on them anywhere. And that top? Don't get me started on that. I can't believe they didn't send her home.

• Love 9

My issue with Laurence's pants wasn't the "poopy pants" aspect, but the fact the front looked like the model had a giant penis. That's all I could see.

I had to laugh when they said Cornelius was current. Unless the early to mid 2000s are back in style again, that was not current. Like someone said in an earlier comment, I agree, it does look like that came from a 3LW video.

1 hour ago, Maya said:

Regarding the judges - two guest judges is really unnecessary. All they do is parrot what the other three say anyway, and it makes the judging part long and boring. Plus when they hate an outfit, it gets piled on by 5 people, and then I feel bad for the designer. One useless guest judge is plenty IMO. 

They probably already booked the actress from "Mr. Robot," and then realized they needed to promote that other show, so they just added on that other woman.

• Love 4
25 minutes ago, ArmoPrincess said:

My issue with Laurence's pants wasn't the "poopy pants" aspect, but the fact the front looked like the model had a giant penis. That's all I could see.

I agree.  The back fit beautifully.  I think the word poopy is just being used to express dislike.  

I appreciate current trends in fashion and I would have bought a pair from Eileen Fischer had I been taller.  They were beautiful.  They are not in her winter line now, they were last season.  

13 hours ago, AZChristian said:

It's coming on here in about 20 minutes.  I'm a Universal Orlando junkie.  I don't care about the clothes . . . I just want to see the park.  I'm going to be 70 in December, and my birthday will be spent at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Orlando.  Yep.  Major geek.

Hope you weren't disappointed!!  I, too, love Universal Orlando, and while I know they were trying to promote a new ride/attraction, I wish they would have allowed them to design something based on the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, or just anywhere in the park they wanted.  Unfortunately, it seems as if they just flew in and flew out, all in the same day - no time for exploring or fun!  

Happy Birthday - hope you have an amazing time, and I guess I'm a major geek, too, because I'm a HUGE Harry Potter fan!   ;-)

• Love 4

Apparently the uniform for the "urban jungle" is a crop top and baggy or drop crotch pants. I can't say I have ever seen anyone in real life wear drop crotch pants and I live in a somewhat urban college town full of fashionable 20-somethings. I appreciate that,  although boring, Mah-Jing made something that was not pants or shorts. 

I can't believe that Laurence won with her Thriller jacket. The only explanation is that the judges were making up for not giving her the win week. She is very talented but that jacket, especially in red, is not new or fresh.

I actually liked Dexter's outfit. I also noticed how almost all the designs had something unfinished like hems and the designers were all talking about how they wished they had more time to fix this or that. Then they have to sit there and defend their garments when they know they are unfinished and the judges bitch about fit or finishing issues. Simple solution! Give them time to put out a design that they can actually defend and be proud of! The judges shouldn't be allowed to comment on those issues when they know full well that the time constraints are madness.

Kudos to the designer that said Erin's embroidery looked like moss, spot on.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, wings707 said:

Street fashion says flat shoes/boots, not 5" heels. 

I agree with this. Maybe they didn't  have a great selection of shoes to choose from, but those high heel pumps looked wrong with street wear. I'm so tired of the super high heels with pants look. Why do women punish themselves with those things?

• Love 12
12 hours ago, bookrat said:

Who besides Heidi wants to wear penis poopy pants?!  Appartently no one on Heidi'so crew has ever heard of or seen Carole Little. I just LOVED her designs. She put together patterns that didn'the match. Her clothes were all the rage in late 80s early 90s. The zebra pants and striped top would have fit right in.

Does Heidi even REALLY wear poopy pants (or, dropped crotch, whatever....)??  I usually only see photos of her on a red carpet somewhere, so I've never seen her in this style.  On the show, whenever she is wearing pants or jeans, they are very well tailored, and definitely NOT poopy-pants looking.

And, okay, I live in the suburbs, but I don't think I've ever seen any young girls/women wearing dropped crotch anything.  Guys - yes, but usually it's because they've sagged their pants below their natural waistline.  

• Love 13
15 hours ago, auntlada said:

I kind of liked Brik's design. The patterns didn't really go together, but I liked them anyway. I thought they clashed in a good way.

I might have liked Laurence's top and jacket with Brik's pants.

Yeah, I felt the same way. This was the first time I actually liked something Brik made. (It's so true that his pants would have worked with Laurence's jacket.) My issue with Brik's outfit wasn't the clashing patterns but the choice of fabric. He's drawn to stiff upholstery level material that looks like it would barely move in hurricane force winds. I don't know why he keeps making his model look like she's a car seat, but that's his thing.

I think Cornelius should have been sent home because Rick made the same pants only much better. So the judges could compare and contrast right there on the runway. And considering how little fabric that top had to work with, you would think Cornelius could have fixed it in time. 

Nathalia's outfit was nice in every way except all those boring brown shades. It was like Banana Republic or Michael Kors does "street fashion " (which is arguably what a bullshit theme-park-meets-urban-jungle challenge deserves).  I could tell she was going to lose the win when judges gave her the backhanded compliments of "Its accessible" and "women of any age can wear this". That mean "too commercial" and not pictorial or individualistic enough for runway. Though the color scheme was boring, I would have given her the win over Laurence only because of the wayward crotch, (though those riding pants were nice in every other way).

• Love 6

I can't tell if this show is trying to find "new" fashion or commercial ready to wear. The judges can't seem to make up their minds. One week the winner is fashion forward and the next week they are wearable and seem more like what you can buy already . 

• Love 4

That was a runway full of suck.  I didn't feel any love or like for most of what was up there.  Meh all the way around.  But, I am not their target "girl" by at least 25 years...I have no need or want to wear khaki or olive drab "safari with a twist" street wear. Nor would I be caught dead in a crop top or drop-crotch pants. Laurence is amazing, but another jacket?  Well made, but so was Michael Jackson's...in 1983.

Do the judges want new/fresh/edgy/never seen before clothes or derivative items or flat out knock-offs? They seem to flip-flop every challenge.  Maybe they consult a Magic 8 Ball before each runway to decide how they will roll that week? 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

If it's cold enough for a heavier coat, I do not want that open space for stupid winter to blow into!

I cannot fathom wearing a reasonably heavy jacket and at the same time having half my belly bare.

• Love 13

I thought that Erin should go on this one. What she sent down was just bullshit and she knew it. I will give it to Laurence, she said that she knew she f'd up the pants when they went down the runway- she even tried to admit to the judges that she knew that she sewed them wrong, but the judges just kept talking over her. I didn't LOVE anything that went down today. Is there some kind of petition or complaints section somewhere that people can sign/fill out/protest that we the fans would not have so much to bitch about if THEY WOULD JUST GIVE THEM ENOUGH TIME TO ACTUALLY DESIGN/PRODUCE fashion worth looking at????? Maybe Tim, Heidi, Zac and Nina could take a pay cut to fund the extra production time :O)

• Love 8
1 hour ago, DeeReynolds said:

Kudos to the designer that said Erin's embroidery looked like moss, spot on.

Erin's vision eluded me entirely.  That was supposed to be moss?  To me, it looked like someone's stringy, unkempt goatee - multiple stringy, unkempt goatees stuck to the shorts. 

Edited by izabella
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, njbchlover said:

And, okay, I live in the suburbs, but I don't think I've ever seen any young girls/women wearing dropped crotch anything.  Guys - yes, but usually it's because they've sagged their pants below their natural waistline.  

I live in a major metropolitan city, plus lots of people flood my neighborhood on weekends because there's lots to do, and I have never, ever seen poopy pants, either.  I don't even see poopy pants at the coffee shops on weekend mornings, after the ladies come out of their yoga classes, which is the target market for Heidi's athletic/leisure wear which might include poopy pants (she loved Alexandria's poopy pants on her season).

Edited by izabella
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Kenz said:

I agree with this. Maybe they didn't  have a great selection of shoes to choose from, but those high heel pumps looked wrong with street wear. I'm so tired of the super high heels with pants look. Why do women punish themselves with those things?

They don't.  Take a walk anywhere in NYC and you never/rarely see people tottering along in heels.   Women who need them for work usually carry them in a bag.  Comfortable footwear abounds.  

madison-ave_650.jpg

Edited by wings707
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, dleighg said:

Last week we discussed whether the judges and the contestants were there at the same time. Is this just photoshop then?

Screen Shot 2016-10-28 at 2.56.06 PM.png

I think they film the runway twice.  Once when the judges are there, and once when the designers are there.  Then they bring them all together for the reveal of top/safe/bottom.

5 hours ago, laffytaffy997 said:

I had to laugh when they said Cornelius was current. Unless the early to mid 2000s are back in style again, that was not current

Oh but the early 2000s are definitely back in style again, at least where I live. All the super young hipster kids are way over the nineties revival & the early aughts are back with a vengeance. This does not, however, mean Corny's outfit was not ghastly or that the judges have the slightest clue what they're talking about. 

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

I think they film the runway twice.  Once when the judges are there, and once when the designers are there.  Then they bring them all together for the reveal of top/safe/bottom.

I agree.  The designers are there alone when we see the shots of them talking together about each others garments.  It would hardly be blind if not. 

Edited by wings707
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, Albino said:

Don't get me wrong - I truly like Laurence.   But - another leather jacket?   Really?  Don't tell me that's just what "people choose to see"...it's all there is to see.  Speaking of things I would have chosen not to see...if any other designer showed that saggy baggy front crotch droop they would have been out on their poopy ass.  Having said that, I do wish those pants would have been around in the 1960's - so much room for those bulky Modess Feminine Napkins and sanitary belts.

Cornelius's's's's's outfit was a joke.  His snide insistence that it "is current" is a perfect example of his character.  Brik wouldn't have gone home if he hadn't been in the bottom 3 so many times.  And Erin?  Get. It. Together.

I remember many seasons ago there was a designer that won - Christian Uber Fierce - that Heidi was just mad, mad, MAD for.  Me? I think he made the same poofy shirt and skinny pants in one variation or another week after week.  But what the hell do I know?  Gimme my jeans and a decent sweatshirt and I'm good to go.

• Love 2
18 hours ago, GaT said:

My DVR cut off right before Heidi someone, was Brik eliminated?

My DVR cut off the instant after Brik was eliminated.   I don't know why.  

I didn't think Brik's was so bad.   Erin's was very, very bad.   But you know, one day you're in, the next day you're  ... in.   And the week after that, you're still in.

• Love 13
31 minutes ago, millennium said:

My DVR cut off the instant after Brik was eliminated.   I don't know why.  

The show runs over the allotted 90 minutes, and has been doing so for some time now.  Just set your DVR/VCR to record an extra five minutes.

• Love 3

Erin's embroidery wasn't applique.  it would have been smarter if she did it as applique since she could have actually positioned it if she had done it that way.  This was quite obvious on the back seam where two blobs were positioned close together.  I was annoyed at how much thread she bought (and I really, really, really hope Project Runway does something with spare items!), but she didn't even do a good job picking a spectrum of greens.  They were far too similar and yellowy.  Hand embroidery takes time, but I do not know how it took her so long to produce what she did.

Forgive me if I didn't see this above, but I was surprised nobody mentioned Jennie doing machine embroidery after Erin started doing her embroidery.  I think Jenni's was far more interesting and successful, but I'm curious if she realizes that she takes inspiration from her surroundings like that.   

• Love 2

Oh plllllllease!  At least Brik had a finished garment!!  Cornelius had raw seams, the pants were ill-fitting and ugly and the top looked like a seven year old made it in sewing class.  Speaking of raw seams...I've seen a lot of that the last couple of seasons.  The show should go back to giving more time for the challenges.  Period.  

Erin cannot adapt and refocus.  She plowed ahead knowing she would not finish which is just stupid.

I hated Nathalie's look but what do I know.  Laurence's pants looked disturbing in the crotch but for me she was the only one worthy of the win because she actually finishes what she puts out there.  

This episode really ticked me off.

• Love 4

Well, I came here to gripe but it's all been said.  Brik got shafted, Erin is teachers pet, Laurence can make jackets, not sure if anything else, we all hate poopy pants.  I live in LA.  NONE of those clothes looked like "street" or "fashion".  And nobody who isn't in the fashion industry wears those heels

• Love 13
(edited)

I must have been really cranky when I sat down to watch this episode because everything irritated me. I did not need to hear Nathalia screaming NON-STOP during that entire roller coaster ride. I was happy every time someone cursed, forcing the editors to bleep it out and giving me a two second break from Nathalia's annoying screech. Both of her choices were too literal for me - bat wing sleeves and faux fur? Girl, no.

I know that they have sponsors, but I need them to integrate them a little better than forcing Tim Gunn to say, "Be sure to take advantage of the Brother sewing room." As opposed to hand sewing an entire outfit in a one day challenge?

I like Laurence but her very short talking head annoyed me. You know how to avoid using leather, Laurence? Pick non-leather fabric. As for everyone thinking of her a leather designer, well, that's because you keep using leather. It's disingenuous to pretend otherwise. When she said the room seems so empty now that there are only ten designers left, I thought man, I need at least five more of the deadweight designers to

When Cornelius grabbed yellow fabric at the last minute, I thought ha, he's going to try to fool the judges into thinking that his design is by Erin so he'll be in the top! Then Tim Gunn even mentioned how much the judges like yellow this season.

Erin's embellishment this week was so fug. On one hand, I am totally fine with her wanting to create her own textiles. If that's your thing, then do it. But for her to say that she was in the bottom last week because she didn't do her usual embellishments was just stupid. You were in the bottom last week because YOUR DESIGN sucked. Adding any embellishment to that ugly outfit would not have landed you in the top three. I did not like her design this week, with or without the baby vomit on the shorts.

I hated Jennie's outfit. To me, streetwear is supposed to be edgy. Her outfit looked like a glorified sweatshirt with matching pants.

I liked Brik's better than a lot of the other designs this week (and I think I liked his design last week too) but I'm surprised he has lasted so long.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 10
(edited)
21 hours ago, Albino said:

And just a note, PR producers: if a designer is wearing a tshirt that you have to blur out due to endorsement issues or a celebrity declines to okay it, just ask the freakin' designer to change their freakin' shirt.  I paid so much attention trying to figure out who that was on Laurence's top I lost track of what she was actually doing.  Do Not Want to see a blur for nearly 3/4 of the whole show.  Closest I came was Kanye, who probably wanted 2 million to allow the use of his slack-jawed image.

Especially since it costs a lot to blur it out in post-production. I remember on a behind the scenes program about The Real World, they talked about how much blurring costs which became an issue during the Hawaii season because of all the nudity. Lifetime's cheapness is why we have all these one day challenges so let's add one day to one challenge in exchange for blurring out someone's shirt for an entire episode. Just tell the designers no visible logos unless it's something they made themselves  

Mah-Jing cracked me up: "Cornelius, I can see half her titty! That ain't classy."

Hated Cornelius's entire outfit. The pants were sloppy and ugly, and the top was ill fitting. 

Erin's embroidered embellishments looked like mossy patches of pubic hair sprouting out. 

• Love 11

I know this is supposedly a design competition and not a sewing competition, but either way, Brik got the shaft.  Yes, his fabrics were kind of ugly and mismatched, but you can't argue that his outfit was better designed and certainly better constructed than so many of the outfits on the runway.  Erin's outfit was so amateurish. Did she even hem those shorts?  And the judges tried so hard to justify keeping her that they praised the shoulders on her top, but it looked to me as if she just sewed random pieces of fabric on the shoulders to cover up gaps in the construction.

I liked Nathalia's jacket but I didn't like the fabric choice, and the patch pockets were mismatched. She's lucky that Tim talked her out of lining it with faux gorilla fur.

I'm not a fan of guest judges for the most part.  The show has declined and they can't get clothing designers to judge, so they have to resort to d-listers who have nothing to say except "I would wear it" or "I'm not a fan."

• Love 9

y

14 hours ago, Yokosmom said:

Both she and Erin are running the risk of the "one trick pony" designation.  Erin's obsession with embroidery is going to do her in--not only does it not always fit the challenge, but she spends so much time on that aspect that the rest of her outfit suffers.

Don't forget,  Yokosmom, it's been "one way monkey" since the glorious days of Dmitry and his incomparable interpretations of English idioms.

• Love 4
(edited)
13 minutes ago, avecsans said:

I know this is supposedly a design competition and not a sewing competition, but either way, Brik got the shaft.  Yes, his fabrics were kind of ugly and mismatched, but you can't argue that his outfit was better designed and certainly better constructed than so many of the outfits on the runway.  Erin's outfit was so amateurish. Did she even hem those shorts?  And the judges tried so hard to justify keeping her that they praised the shoulders on her top, but it looked to me as if she just sewed random pieces of fabric on the shoulders to cover up gaps in the construction.

ITA - his design showed a lot more thought, design, and skill than some of the other things we saw, most notably Cornelius's terrible design which was derivative, unoriginal, and poorly constructed. I mean, break it down and compare the top that Brik made versus the top that Cornelius made. To me, there's no question that Brik's was so much better. He actually designed something and manipulated the fabric. What Cornelius made was just a really terribly unfinished version of a basic halter top. It looked like it was made by someone who didn't know how to sew. Then compare the pants that Brik and Cornelius made. Brik's fit well,  and he matched the pattern so well. The pants Cornelius made were a sloppy version of pants from the 90s, but instead of looking like a fun throwback they looked like a bad wannabe version.

I was trying to figure out why the guest judge looked so familiar and then I realized she was on Suburgatory:

• Love 4

I would love to know what exactly Cornelius designs, because I feel like in every challenge, the first thing he says is, "designing (insert design type here) is not in my comfort zone".  So what is your comfort zone, Cornelius?  Based on this episode, its ghetto club wear from the Walmart clearance rack.

I hated Nathalia's outfit!  I thought it was drab and weird looking.  Not nice at all.

Ha, Erin!  You really thought that was good, didn't you???  So delusional.

Also delusional = Brik.  He really seemed perplexed when judging was over and they didn't like his umpteenth outfit of a mismatched top and pants.

The designers really are not good this season.  Bring back Project Runway Junior!!

• Love 5
21 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

It is possible to mix prints that don't match, but Brik's real problem is that he doesn't understand scale: scale of his prints and mixing the scale of his garments so that his prints work a little better with each other. Both of the prints he used for the top and bottom were roughly the same scale and had about a 24 inch repeat. One of them should have been much smaller. The other thing that could have worked is if the zebra like print was used for a pencil skirt or a short body con jersey dress and the top fabric was used to make an oversized dolman jacket like Nathalia's.

I don't why they just didn't use gaffers tape on Laurence's t-shirt or pinned some black fabric over the print that was either offensive or couldn't get clearances to show or just made her wear the shirt inside out.

Brik himself said he thought the scale of the patterns was the major issue with his outfit.  I thought it was ok and would've been better if the top was black and yellow or black and red, not black and brown.

I assume no one realized Laurence's shirt was an issue until after filming so they were stuck with blurring it in post-production.  

15 hours ago, Beden said:

Thank you, I was just about to make the same observation. They get up, go to the studio, are told to get a flight to Florida, have to get clothes, schelp to some NY airport, catch the flight, do the park (or some part of it) schlep to another airport, fly back then hit Mood. All while already being sleep deprived. And then have to make whatever in yet another one day challenge.

Seriously? Talk about loading the dice. I get that this isn't really a design competition any more but just another BS quasi-reality show, but...c'mon.

The funny thing about that is the episode description actually said that "the exhausted designers get a little rest at an Orlando theme park".  Ha.  So restful.

14 hours ago, wings707 said:

Street fashion says flat shoes/boots, not 5" heels.  A safe dress was gold and stapless! Oy

Gold fabric with a sweetheart neckline even!  It was like street prom, I guess.  

11 hours ago, laffytaffy997 said:

They probably already booked the actress from "Mr. Robot," and then realized they needed to promote that other show, so they just added on that other woman.

Ha, that other guest judge wasn't an actor, she's Rebecca Minkoff, an incredibly successful and talented designer.  

9 hours ago, dleighg said:

Last week we discussed whether the judges and the contestants were there at the same time. Is this just photoshop then?

Screen Shot 2016-10-28 at 2.56.06 PM.png

I doubt they film two runways, they're too cheap.  And the 'blind' thing doesn't matter anyway, all they do then is take notes.  The cuts take place after they know full well who made what.  

Once again I disliked Laurence's look.  I just don't share her aesthetic.  I don't like leather with stitched effects, which she did last week as well, and I really don't like those arms with stitching like my 1975 down jacket.  Barf.  

Though Erin's was pretty barftastic, too.  I agreed with Carly Chaikin that it looked like hay.  

Really nothing was terrific here.  Though I was on that ride 4 months ago and have about zero recollection of it, so I can see why no one was particularly inspired.  My daughter had to remind me of it, with a lot of supporting details.

Edited by Guest
7 hours ago, lidarose9 said:

Dexter's styling was horrific.

I was over Dexter weeks ago.   Loved it when Tim cut him down to size last week "Grace Jones is walking away from me!"  

His ridiculous outfit this week did inspire the most pithy remark of the show, courtesy of Zac Posen: "Military Mickey."

I would not be unhappy at all if Mah Jing went home.   

Edited by millennium
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, Diamond Dog said:

Evidently, they choose their favourites and keep them around even if they can't create a decent garment.

And it seemed so obvious with the number of times they said that "they couldn't believe this was Erin's garment." She *clearly* got a pass because they already thought she was wonderful.

13 hours ago, AZChristian said:

My point was that the screen shot I took was runway + judges + contestants.

Edited by dleighg
8 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

When Cornelius grabbed yellow fabric at the last minute, I thought ha, he's going to try to fool the judges into thinking that his design is by Erin so he'll be in the top! Then Tim Gunn even mentioned how much the judges like yellow this season.

LOL