Type keyword(s) to search

Donald John Trump: 2016 President-Elect

Speaking of Barron, I know he's generally off-limits, but after looking at that "riding the lion" picture posted where he looked so sad, I looked for other photos. Seriously, he always looks sad in the ones I saw. Like that cliché "Poor Little Rich Boy" all alone on his own floor of Trump mansion.  Even the way he hugs his father (never seen him hug Melania).  Donald holds him kind of coolly and Barron's arms barely raise, his face emotionless.

I've hugged people like that in my day and they were always people I didn't really like or at least didn't feel close to. I don't know. It's such a weird family.  Erik says that Don Jr. really raised him.  I'm just wondering. Are there any photos of Barron looking natural and like he's having a good time with these people?

(Not criticizing. I'd be miserable to have to live with Melania and Donald, too. Just wondering if he always looks like this, esp. as Melania says he's a "mini-Donald" and we all know Donald is quite the extrovert.)  I wonder if Donald ever thought how WH life would -really- be for the three of them. I think he didn't.

• Love 10

Although I don't agree, I DO understand fear & disappointment. However, what I don't understand is anger. Doesn't anger manifest itself as stress in one's body?  I strongly believe that everyone is stressed to the maxed. Adding more stress upon ourselves can only make one snap, which is probably why we're also seeing violence.

On 11/20/2016 at 11:42 PM, backformore said:

Wow -  AMA award show, Green Day added a "No Trump, no KKK, no Fascist USA"  chant in the middle of their song. 

BRAVO,  guys!

Love it! It's heartwarming when you see everyone (and not just minorities) taking a stand against racism. I wish more T/P supporters would speak out against the hate crimes.

Edited by numbnut
  • Love 18
6 hours ago, HumblePi said:

You have no idea how much I'm trying to restrain myself from posting those links on his Twitter page. They're adorable and I think he might even learn a thing or two from them.  Should I?

I've been thinking for a long time that he could pick up a little information from that Goldie Hawn movie, Protocol.  SeriouslyLike the fact that there IS any.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, candall said:

I've been thinking for a long time that he could pick up a little information from that Goldie Hawn movie, Protocol.  SeriouslyLike the fact that there IS any.

The man has an attention span of a gnat. Watching any movie is probably a challenge for him, especially if he doesn't think the leading lady is a '10' with great boobs. Nothing against Goldie Hawn - I think she looks great (or at least she did - I don't know that I've seen her recently, but I'm sure she still looks pretty good and hopefully isn't over plastic surgeried or injected or anything like that).

Even if the leading lady in a film was a '10' to Trump, he would be so hung up starting at her boobs that he would likely miss the point of the movie anyway - not that he could comprehend anything beyond something rated G anyway - even that would likely be a struggle for him.

Edited by Rapunzel
  • Love 2

Get a load of this.  I posted two of those videos on four of his recent tweets and within five minutes, they were removed.  I'm waiting for the FBI to come knocking on my door. So suddenly now that he's President elect he gets to control all the responses to his own tweets. He wasn't able to remove my tweets before, now he has the POWER!  Screw them too. I'm going to blame you for making me doing it.  LOL!!

Wait, what??  How does this work?  That sounds like a big deal to me, but I'm not a citizen of Twit-world so I don't know.  Are there any comments left that are remotely critical or will all his tweets now have 100% positive response? 

Because greasing his wheels like that would not be good AT ALL--this is not a man who needs his opinion artificially reinforced.

Shall I look for "President-Elect demands social media be skewed in his favor" on the Monday morning news?  /s

• Love 7

Get a load of this.  I posted two of those videos on four of his recent tweets and within five minutes, they were removed.  I'm waiting for the FBI to come knocking on my door. So suddenly now that he's President elect he gets to control all the responses to his own tweets. He wasn't able to remove my tweets before, now he has the POWER!  Screw them too. I'm going to blame you for making me doing it.  LOL!!

Even if the videos were removed, you're still my hero.

• Love 8
On 19/11/2016 at 5:22 PM, Ceindreadh said:

Maybe if people insisted on using American steel instead of Chinese steel in their buildings then some jobs might come back, or better yet, wouldn't have been lost in the first place. 

Take away Chinese steel, and there's still South Korean, Japanese, German steel in the market. American steel has been uncompetitive for 50 years. 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, HumblePi said:

What?!  He gets some pretty downright nasty tweets sent to him I can't believe they'd remove a cartoon! I think we all need to send them to him now.

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, windsprints said:

What?!  He gets some pretty downright nasty tweets sent to him I can't believe they'd remove a cartoon! I think we all need to send them to him now.

He likely deleted them because there weren't any '10s' in terms of women in them, no boobs, and he probably couldn't understand them at all.

Edited by Rapunzel
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, Rapunzel said:

He likely deleted them because there weren't any '10s' in terms of women in them, no boobs, and he probably couldn't understand them at all.

Twitter would have to have deleted them. You can't delete someone else's tweets. He could block someone if he didn't want to see their tweets but they wouldn't be deleted.

Edited by windsprints
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, windsprints said:

Twitter would have to have deleted them. You can't delete someone else's tweets. He could block someone if he didn't want to see their tweets but they wouldn't be deleted.

I never use Twitter, so don't know much about how it works. If Twitter did delete them, maybe there was a copyright issue or something.

Otherwise, there's always the Russian hackers that may have removed them for Trump - or maybe he pitched a hissy fit to Twitter and forced them to take them down. :-)

Edited by Rapunzel
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Yes, thats what I said...they are using Barron's school as an excuse for not moving to DC, but I believe the Obama girls(who were very young) moved to DC when their Dad was inaguarated.  And Melania will find any reason not to live in that "old house".

Well, maybe once it is sufficiently gold-leafed....

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, SoSueMe said:

Well, maybe once it is sufficiently gold-leafed....

Maybe the fact that they can only redecorate the Residence portion itself and, I believe, even that has restrictions, just irritated them enough to not want to spend much time there - especially when they found out that they couldn't charge the tax payers for a gold toilet, gold bidet, etc.

They can probably spray paint parts of the wall with that fake gold color they love so much, but not being able to turn it into the most tacky, gauche, living space after Trump Palace just probably didn't suffice for them.

Edited by Rapunzel
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, HumblePi said:

You have no idea how much I'm trying to restrain myself from posting those links on his Twitter page. They're adorable and I think he might even learn a thing or two from them.  Should I?

They're probably way over his head. He's not "Schoolhouse Rock" smart.  

5 minutes ago, Rapunzel said:

Maybe the fact that they can only redecorate the Residence portion itself and even that has restrictions just irritated them enough - especially when they found out that they couldn't charge the tax payers for a gold toilet, gold bidet, etc.

They can probably spray paint parts of the wall with that fake gold color they love so much, but turning into the most tacky, gauche, living space after Trump Palace just probably didn't suffice for them.

Melania probably had to leave "no gold toilet" out of her list of complaints about the White House.  Trump can't know that she ever uses a toilet.  

• Love 7
16 hours ago, mojoween said:

Drumpf can go on whatever talk show he wants.  I will exercise my freedoms and not watch them. 

Matter of fact, whenever he does appear on a talk show or even giving a speech that is covered, I will watch Logo, BET and Lifetime during those time slots.

Not only that, I will also pull up the PBS documentaries on my Kindle Fire to watch the American Experience and The Presidents series.  There's even a 4-hour two-part documentary, The Clintons.  Watching those documentaries is indicative of how prior presidents--even if you didn't necessary like or vote for them--actually believed in something outside of themselves.  They had governing philosophies and surrounded themselves with people of like mind.  Some were even willing to work with the opposition sometimes to their own detriment.  Some left us with brilliant and far-reaching pieces of legislation.  Even a paranoid, mean little man like President Nixon had some domestic legislative triumphs that impacted Americans' lives:  the banning of cigarette ads on TV and radio; launched initiatives to fight cancer and illegal drugs; imposed wage and price controls; enforced school desegregation of Southern schools; actually introduced legislation to reform healthcare and welfare; established the EPA and OSHA; and signed into law the Clean Air Act and National Environmental Policy Act.  

Now, we have this clown here.  It makes me weep for the Republic when I see how far standards have fallen.  Which reminds me that I will also be watching the multi-part series, Eyes on the Prize, which is even more pertinent now that the president-select (by the EC) has glorified klansmen sitting in the White House and vying for a job as the chief law enforcement officer of the U.S.  Even when if the white nationalists and supremacists aren't sitting at Drumpf's side, they consider his (s)election to be their triumph.  The only thing missing now is some smitten female filmmaker who will produce propaganda films to Drumpf's glory.  As someone else suggested, the perfect film would be Triumph of the Swill.

16 hours ago, parisprincess said:

I can't believe the things Trump and Co. are doing/planning. Having secret meetings with foreign dignitaries, wanting to keep their emails secret, wanting to criminalize anti-Trump protests, ignoring the First Amendment's freedom of the press rights while making sure the Second Amendment is adhered to, picking the worst of the worst for top positions, promoting Trump's businesses.......the list goes on and on. How many laws is this slimeball and his crew going to be allowed to break? America, as we know it, will never be the same as of January 20th.

I will repost this suggestion on the Okay...What's Next forum, but I think it bears stating here.  I would strongly recommend that we all keep a copy of the U.S. Constitution in our purses, pockets, and as close to us as possible.  Since Herr Drumpf has spent his time on Twitter criticizing the cast of Hamilton for exercising their First Amendment rights, he, his surrogates and the supporters who are all butt hurt about this, should be reminded at every opportunity of what that document actually says before and after the Second Amendment.  Khizar Khan never intended it, but he will always be my hero.  I have no problem whipping out a copy of the Constitution like a silver crucifix and holy water to ward off the bloodsuckers who think I should normalize Drumpf's evil and demand that I "respect the office."  I would also take that opportunity to remind them of the apologies that have yet to issue forth from Drumpf's anus-shaped mouth.  You know, the apologies he owes to President Obama, Mexicans, the women he molested, Muslims, Blacks, POW's and others he has offended. 

It's been obvious since the GOP convention that Drumpf wants to be a dictator and that some of his supporters want an authoritarian figure.  He even had Jersey Bully Boy Christie conducting a kangaroo court, trying Secretary Clinton in absentia, before a demented crowd shouting "LOCK HER UP!"  It will only be a matter of time before they're goosestepping and raising their arms in a rigid salute, pledging themselves and their children to Drumpf.  As Drumpf's now-tearful and friendless surrogate, Omarosa, said, those who criticized Drumpf will have to bow down.  Speaking of which, where is that job that she was probably promised?  Based on what we've seen so far, Miss Thing may be ass out if she wants a job with her fuhrer's "administration."

Edited by MulletorHater
  • Love 16
9 hours ago, Padma said:

Speaking of Barron, I know he's generally off-limits, but after looking at that "riding the lion" picture posted where he looked so sad, I looked for other photos. Seriously, he always looks sad in the ones I saw. Like that cliché "Poor Little Rich Boy" all alone on his own floor of Drumpf mansion.  Even the way he hugs his father (never seen him hug Melania).  Donald holds him kind of coolly and Barron's arms barely raise, his face emotionless.

I've hugged people like that in my day and they were always people I didn't really like or at least didn't feel close to. I don't know. It's such a weird family.  Erik says that Don Jr. really raised him.  I'm just wondering. Are there any photos of Barron looking natural and like he's having a good time with these people?

(Not criticizing. I'd be miserable to have to live with Melania and Donald, too. Just wondering if he always looks like this, esp. as Melania says he's a "mini-Donald" and we all know Donald is quite the extrovert.)  I wonder if Donald ever thought how WH life would -really- be for the three of them. I think he didn't.

I suppose that one good thing for Baron is that his father isn't likely to live too long into Baron's adulthood. If he's lucky, he may even get to become his own person. I've read accounts that Trump treated his elder sons pretty horribly at times, to mold them into what he thinks they should be. Perhaps this is how Donald's own father treated him, I don't know. Although it seems clear that he has spent his life sorely lacking in people who actually care about him. No one gets to the age of 70 and still puts such great stock in appearance and material wealth without having some family problems in their past (generally speaking).

As for Melania calling him "mini-Donald", I imagine she kind of has to. That's what Donald wants, that's what Donald gets. We can all just hope he is not that, and will grow up to be a better person than his father.

Regarding Trump himself, I'm just staggered that no one has sat him down and told him that he can't do the things he's doing. He can't tweet attacks at Broadway shows, he can't meet with his investors the same day he's meeting with world leaders, he can't let his kids run the country. He can't do these things. All I can put it down to is that the Republicans are placating him, like the giant toddler he is, and giving him the toys they think will distract him, and because he's not been sworn in yet, nothing he does is quite official. He's not yet bound by the constitution and by the trappings of the office.

• Love 14

This morning on the news they're saying it's a choice between Mitt Romney and Rudy Giuliani for Secretary of State. But that's all just hyperbole for the benefit of the news attention. There's no way, no how that Mitt Romney would be chosen as Secretary of State. He and Donald hate each other intensely. He dragged Mitt Romney to New Jersey just to show him off and rub his face in Donald poo.

Rudy Giuliani had been promised that job long ago, no doubt about it. I absolutely HATE that he's going to be Secretary of State. He's going to be the chief foreign advisor and with his background I can't see how that's not a calamitous conflict of interest. Let me kneel down now and say a prayer to God that it won't be him. "Please God, I've been sort of good so I'll ask a favor. Please make Mitt Romney Secretary of State. Please don't subject all of us mortals to having to see that toothy sneer, that blue suit overstuffed by a thick marshmallow body, the saliva spitting rhetoric and hateful sneer. But those teeth.... Do that for us and I promise to try and convert as many Muslims to Christianity as I possibly can. I'll almost be Mother Teresa, I promise, really."  The chance might be slim that my prayer will be heard but I have to try. He's an evil, evil man.

(fingers crossed)

• Love 13

car.gif

Oh God help me but I'm about to type one more of my thoughts that's another reason to send me straight to Hell but screw it, I'm halfway there already with Donald as President. It's about Barron, and I don't like pointing out the oddity of any child but I find the relationship between Melania and Barron to be a little uncomfortable. They're close and that's not a real surprise since Donald has been more of an absentee father. But I think Melania shares the floor where Barron lives. It makes sense because Donald isn't around that much and when he is he's probably out of bed tweeting stupid shit.

I have seen photos of Barron and initially thought he looked sad, like the poor little rich kid. Then I thought maybe some sort of autism spectrum. Then I assumed that he was just overprotected and absurdly spoiled. What other four year old kid has a motorized mini-Mercedes to drive around? But there's a lot of square footage on the 3 floors of the Tower and who wants to subject a 4 year old to walking that much anyway? I drive less getting to the doctor and back in the next town than Barron drove in his little Mercedes to get breakfast. Okay, here's the part where I go to Hell for saying it. I almost see Damien from Omen II in his glare. He has that same 'pleasant and handsome but I'll kill you in five minutes' look about him. He has no joy in his face, that he shows anyway. I know he has developed some of Donald's OCD and likes his sheets just plain white and clean. Melania takes him to school each day. I find that a little much considering they have multiple staff and body guards that could get him off to school safely, he's 10 years old! I think my son stole our ride-on lawn mower at that age and ran away from home. He only got two blocks, no worry. Melania over-indulges him and he's reaching puberty so I'm wondering how long Melania is going to continue to be overbearing before he rebels in some way and tells her 'fuck off, I'm grown up now'.

trump-wealth-P36-555x740.jpg

Edited by HumblePi
  • Love 3
54 minutes ago, MulletorHater said:

Not only that, I will also pull up the PBS documentaries on my Kindle Fire to watch the American Experience and The Presidents series.  There's even a 4-hour two-part documentary, The Clintons.  Watching those documentaries is indicative of how prior presidents--even if you didn't necessary like or vote for them--actually believed in something outside of themselves.  

I heard this "administration" is even having trouble finding people to fill some of the less flashy jobs because they know of nobody that does this kind of work. I still keep remembering Trump's airy "I'll hire the best people--I know people so good you've never even heard of them." And then when asked on 60 minutes why he's hiring lobbyists he's all "Everybody there is a lobbyist!" Because he's just asking around grabbing at anybody that I guess Steve Bannon & Co. have heard of who are in Washington. The only criteria is "hates the people we hate." 

This is a guy, after all, who thinks the ambassador to the Czech Republic should be his ex-wife, as if anybody would believe that this is based on actual skills as an ambassador rather than "I know somebody Czech!" There's not a single position that's going to be filled for any other reason than the person has been supportive of him personally, or is recommended by somebody who has been.

• Love 8
8 minutes ago, windsprints said:

Oh, I think that that's Melania putting a "happy face" on it, and hiding the fact from the world that Donny Boy doesn't want her, or the kid, around.  He's got Ivanka there to do the hostessing part of the job.  And what if a "10" (or lots of "10") comes around?  How can he grope them in peace if he has to worry about the previous "10 - now 5 or 6" opening the door at the wrong moment?  Not that he's worried about her putting up a fuss.  I think she's well aware of his dalliances, and is quite happy that he's leaving her alone so she can enjoy her life.  What's got up her nose is that she was probably looking forward to being put out to pasture in the next year or so (she's past her expiration date, after all), and now feels that he's going to keep her in the wings until he's no longer president.  Which seriously cuts into her chances to find a sexy young boyfriend while enjoying her "child support"/payoff money.

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, HumblePi said:

Oh God help me but I'm about to type one more of my thoughts that's another reason to send me straight to Hell but screw it, I'm halfway there already with Donald as President. It's about Barron, and I don't like pointing out the oddity of any child but I find the relationship between Melania and Barron to be a little uncomfortable. They're close and that's not a real surprise since Donald has been more of an absentee father. But I think Melania shares the floor where Barron lives. It makes sense because Donald isn't around that much and when he is he's probably out of bed tweeting stupid shit.

I have seen photos of Barron and initially thought he looked sad, like the poor little rich kid. Then I thought maybe some sort of autism spectrum. Then I assumed that he was just overprotected and absurdly spoiled. What other four year old kid has a motorized mini-Mercedes to drive around? But there's a lot of square footage on the 3 floors of the Tower and who wants to subject a 4 year old to walking that much anyway? I drive less getting to the doctor and back in the next town than Barron drove in his little Mercedes to get breakfast. Okay, here's the part where I go to Hell for saying it. I almost see Damien from Omen II in his glare. He has that same 'pleasant and handsome but I'll kill you in five minutes' look about him. He has no joy in his face, that he shows anyway. I know he has developed some of Donald's OCD and likes his sheets just plain white and clean. Melania takes him to school each day. I find that a little much considering they have multiple staff and body guards that could get him off to school safely, he's 10 years old! I think my son stole our ride-on lawn mower at that age and ran away from home. He only got two blocks, no worry. Melania over-indulges him and he's reaching puberty so I'm wondering how long Melania is going to continue to be overbearing before he rebels in some way and tells her 'fuck off, I'm grown up now'.

trump-wealth-P36-555x740.jpg

That picture has always been a "what the actual fuck?!" moment for me.  The tacky gilded doors and walls, the marble floor, the special baby carriage with cutouts of mummy and sperm donor on the side.  And, of course, mummy is all blinged out with her Rebecca of Sunnybrook farm shift and high heels--designer, of course.

That's when I started to feel sorry for the kid.  He was doomed to his own existence from birth.  And, given that he was still an infant in this picture, I also found it interesting how quickly Malignia lost her baby weight.  Given the visceral hatred her sponsor has for heavyset women, I'm not at all surprised that she did whatever was necessary to shed those unwanted pounds.  I vaguely recall an article where Coral Caligula expressed his distaste for Ivana changing their kids' diapers and his demand that she hire nurses or nannies to do that.  I'm sure it was the same thing here with his current wife; she probably wasn't allowed to breastfeed either--unless, of course, it was her husband.  No way was he about to share that breast milk with an infant.

• Love 5

I live and work in a New York City suburb. We have to go to NYC frequently. One  of my co workers speculated people who work in the White House will be losing jobs if no one is living in it. I worked in the city when the pope visited and it was awful. I can't imagine that happening every day. 

Edited by choclatechip45
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, MulletorHater said:

And, given that he was still an infant in this picture, I also found it interesting how quickly Malignia lost her baby weight.  Given the visceral hatred her sponsor has for heavyset women, I'm not at all surprised that she did whatever was necessary to shed those unwanted pounds.

Oh, I would bet all of Donald's alleged riches that she got a tummy tuck while still in the hospital.

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, HumblePi said:

Okay, here's the part where I go to Hell for saying it. I almost see Damien from Omen II in his glare. He has that same 'pleasant and handsome but I'll kill you in five minutes' look about him. He has no joy in his face, that he shows anyway. 

At first I thought he looked shy and awkward but then as he became more composed I saw an imperious tilt to his chin and cold cold eyes. 

Wonder how fast Melania had to bounce back post-baby. Those pictures. Wow. The baby buggy the car, the magazines perfectly arranged to look like someone actually reads them. And leaves them on the floor. What a horrible life. All for money.

IMG_0543.JPG

Awkaaarrd. Looks groomed to be another Eric or DJ Jr.

7 minutes ago, windsprints said:

"The FEC has sent a letter to the Trump camp highlighting hundreds of contributions it says are prohibited"

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/800733083125293057

I hope "prohibited" also means illegal.

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:
32 minutes ago, MulletorHater said:

And, given that he was still an infant in this picture, I also found it interesting how quickly Malignia lost her baby weight.  Given the visceral hatred her sponsor has for heavyset women, I'm not at all surprised that she did whatever was necessary to shed those unwanted pounds.

Oh, I would bet all of Donald's alleged riches that she got a tummy tuck while still in the hospital.

That's assuming she gained more than 20lbs, tops, in the first place (unless there are pregnancy pictures that show otherwise that I haven't seen).  She probably kept herself on a strict diet during her pregnancy.   Also, I can't find the posts right now, but there was talk about family discussions before running for president and whether or not she wanted to be the first lady.  I don't think he bothered consulting her at all.  This is what he wanted to do, so he did it and if she can't cope, then, like others have said, Ivanka will work just fine in that role, if need be. 

Edited by Shannon L.
  • Love 3
46 minutes ago, MulletorHater said:

I distinctly recall reading about an interview with Trumpstain and Melania, not long after Baron's birth, and the interviewer complimented her on losing all the baby weight. The orange dickhead apparently said, very pointedly, "well, nearly all of it". I imagine she was utterly disgusting to him through pregnancy up until she had the personal trainer get her back into shape.

He is possibly the most shallow, venal and superficial person I've ever come across. And honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if this is the first step in trading his wife in for a younger model. It cannot have passed his notice that she will be turning fifty the same year he's up for re-election (shudder), and I seriously doubt he could suffer the blow to his ego of having a fifty year old wife.

Edited by Danny Franks
  • Love 18
21 minutes ago, Danny Franks said:

I distinctly recall reading about an interview with Trumpstain and Melania, not long after Baron's birth, and the interviewer complimented her on losing all the baby weight. The orange dickhead apparently said, very pointedly, "well, nearly all of it". I imagine she was utterly disgusting to him through pregnancy up until she had the personal trainer get her back into shape.

He is possibly the most shallow, venal and superficial person I've ever come across. And honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if this is the first step in trading his wife in for a younger model. It cannot have passed his notice that she will be turning fifty the same year he's up for re-election (shudder), and I seriously doubt he could suffer the blow to his ego of having a fifty year old wife.

I have often found in my life, it is most often the ugliest men who are the most critical of a woman's looks.

• Love 18

Those photos of the Trump family at home--like every photo I've ever seen of them in that gilded monstrosity--give me the chills. I swear, they look cold and not even human and Barron has to look like he's having fun with some expensive toy--the big car (indoors), the huge lion.  He's a prop, surrounded by props.  "Make Donald look rich." "Make Donald look like a family man." "Remind people how much Donald has--his trophy wife, "perfect" child/children, gilded rooms without any sign that people actually live there."

Barron's eyes look cold and joyless, and why wouldn't they with parents like that in your cold gilded "floor of your own" (that's five times bigger than my whole house)?

A friend, knowing my feelings about Trump, tried to put me on the defensive, asking, "Do you think he's a good father?"  That IS the urban myth, now after all. I bought into it myself for a while this summer as the Trump trio were always at his side.  As I thought about the things I know about him as a parent, I realized my answer honestly is "No".  I don't know anything about how he really is as a father, but what I've seen and read makes me feel he's not any better than you'd think. 

Barron seems so ... lets say "uncomfortable"... in every photo and -certainly- feels no joy in the experience he's being subjected to with this presidency thing. If he has any emotional issues to work through normally, thrusting him into the spotlight as the son of the world's most polarizing president seems the height of self-absorption, even cruelty.   Barron--Melania, too--do not seem suited for life as the nation's first family, in or out of Trump Fortress.  Why would he do this to them?

Yes, rhetorical question. We all know the answer is (1) narcissist and (2) psychopath, per earlier posted article. We have never had such a president before. The thought of him in the White House (and, yes, with the nuclear codes) is chilling and makes me (sadly) very bitter toward 61 million Americans who bought what he was selling.

• Love 12

Cashing in BIGLY in Argentina! this story is in a major Argentine newspaper as well.

According to a report out of Argentina, when Argentine President Mauricio Macri called President-Elect Trump to congratulate him on his election, Trump asked Macri to deal with the permitting issues that are currently holding up the project.

This comes from one of Argentina's most prominent journalists, Jorge Lanata, in a recent TV appearance. Lanata is quoted here in La Nacion, one of Argentina's most prestigious dailies. Said Lanata: “Macri called him. This still hasn’t emerged but Trump asked for them to authorize a building he’s constructing in Buenos Aires, it wasn’t just a geopolitical chat."

Edited by windsprints
  • Love 10

It's funny, when the poli sci professors came out and said "he will get impeached because he will break the law, he literally cannot help himself, he will do it," I thought eh, they might be exaggerating. NOPE. He can't help himself. He simply MUST do it. He probably doesn't even know that he's doing it at this point. It is such an ingrained part of who he is to exploit his position for financial gain.

• Love 12

Well, again, the problem with impeachment is that Congress has to call for it. IDK if a Republican controlled Congress will. The only hope is that they want Pence in charge-- and talk about your Pyrrhic victories. 

• Love 11
1 minute ago, sacrebleu said:

Well, again, the problem with impeachment is that Congress has to call for it. IDK if a Republican controlled Congress will. The only hope is that they want Pence in charge-- and talk about your Pyrrhic victories. 

Well, yeah, I mean I don't know what to root for with that one. Pence is awful but predictable. Trump is malleable but a loose cannon. I'm just saying he will certainly commit an impeachable offense within the first few weeks of his presidency (if not sooner) ;)

• Love 1

Surely to god there are SOME .... a few? Republicans in Congress who know that rump is a dangerous disaster and will be willing to join the Dems in doing something about it. *sigh* But then that'd leave us with Pence. Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, ari333 said:

Surely to god there are SOME .... a few? Republicans in Congress who know that rump is a dangerous disaster and will be willing to join the Dems in doing something about it. *sigh* But then that'd leave us with Pence. Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Not right now.  Not if they don't want to be edged out completely by their own party.  Right now the Republican Cool-Aid is too potent.  Republicans are smoking some pretty good shit and no one is crazy or dumb enough to put it down.  Maybe when things settle down some.  Maybe.

• Love 2

Everyone should watch David Frum on yesterday's "Face the Nation".  He is one "Never Trumper" who seems to understand the meaning of "Never".

He was bluntly and specifically sounding the alarm for the Republican party over its new "Trump wing" (you wish, David) and urging them to know--right now--that Trump WILL be corrupt and violate ethics and be incredibly shady behind the scenes.  His point was they should know this now, and do everything possible to rein him in legally and watchdog him because he WILL destroy their party.

John Dickerson heard him and turned away, addressing a new question to someone else. But Frum made a great point that we all know is true. We've already seen how Trump is mixing business deals--and new profits--with his new powers. Republicans are so elated about the chance to push through all of their hateful economic agenda that they're willing to ignore the corruption at the top of it.

Frum sounded a warning early, before Trump even takes office. Now, will any Reps in Congress sacrifice their own ambitions (maybe even own careers) and pay attention?

• Love 13

Since Trump plans to use Twitter throughout his stay in office, I just wanted to post a reminder to everyone to read between the lines because Trump uses Twitter to steer the national conversation. For example, his Hamilton "outrage" tweets were used to deflect attention from the breaking news of the TrumpU lawsuit and his million dollar settlement. Whenever he uses multiple tweets about one topic, there's a bigger topic that should also be discussed.

Edited by numbnut
  • Love 16
10 minutes ago, Padma said:

Frum sounded a warning early, before Trump even takes office. Now, will any Reps in Congress sacrifice their own ambitions (maybe even own careers) and pay attention?

Katherine Clark (Massachusetts) already introduced a conflict of interest bill in the House that would require a President and VP to follow the same rules that Congress has to follow.  My guess is Republicans won't support it and it won't pass the House. 

Did Frum mention Clark's bill and urge Republicans to support the bill? 

Edited by izabella
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, izabella said:

Katherine Clark (Massachusetts) already introduced a conflict of interest bill in the House that would require a President and VP to follow the same rules as Congress has to.  My guess is Republicans won't support it and it won't pass the House. 

I think you're right and it makes me sick. Are these folks so loyal to a party that they can sit and watch such things and let them happen? How do people sleep at night?

• Love 2
11 hours ago, backformore said:

Wow -  AMA award show, Green Day added a "No Trump, no KKK, no Fascist USA"  chant in the middle of their song. 

BRAVO,  guys!

It's sad isn't it?  We'll get a lot of really good outrage music and other art now, again, also too.

I wish that the people would not become complacent when things are going well for them, because the ugly underbelly that we are witnessing again, is always just under the surface.

Happy to see Green Day fighting the good fight.

• Love 6
35 minutes ago, ari333 said:

John McCain has been critical, but I doubt he'd stick his neck out. Bizarrely, the only one who seems likely to fight Trump openly is Lindsey Graham. A dyed-in-the-wool conservative Republican, but one who actually seems to hold to his principles and the principles of law. He also admitted to voting for Evan McMuffin. Rand Paul has said a couple of critical things too.

McCain has done some bipartisan things (and been criticised for it by his own party) over the years, but the other two are as unlikely Democratic allies as you'd find. They might be the best hope, though.

• Love 3

I don't seek out photos of the third installment of the rump family, but seeing them posted here, I get the shiver willies. As mentioned above, Damian comes to mind. (sorry, but that poster nailed it, imo) Also, I get a chilly feeling like in that movie "The Shining" (Was that the name of it?) where those twin girls appeared in the hall and looked all weird and scary. There was a super creepy child (another movie?) riding a tricycle or a bigwheel. Melania gives me the goosies and notin the good way. SHIVER> 

The only good thing about Melania and Barron being in NYC (if that is true) is that the child, at 10, could have some real time away from Orange. He may be salvageable if too much damage has not already been done. I know he's money rich for life, but somehow I feel bad for him. I think it's the sadness. His mother seems like an ice queen. And his father... well - don't get me started.

The way Barron's hand is curled up while "hugging" his father in the photo above gave me a sad pause.

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, izabella said:

Katherine Clark (Massachusetts) already introduced a conflict of interest bill in the House that would require a President and VP to follow the same rules that Congress has to follow.  My guess is Republicans won't support it and it won't pass the House. 

Did Frum mention Clark's bill and urge Republicans to support the bill? 

Sadly, no. No one mentioned it.  But it seems to be hitting MSM (i.e. HuffPo) today.  That is something Republicans should really scramble to support if they value their party's future at all.  Frum called it.

Re: Lindsay Graham.  Who'd have thought?  But he was amazing about Trump and hopefully will not back off now. My heart sunk--fears rose--when I saw McConnell talking about eliminating the filibuster completely. Well, sure, Mitch. Trump didn't get half the vote, but let's give him a one party dictatorship, why the heck not?

Anyway, I was so glad to see that Graham stepped right up and said he would oppose it.  As far as I know, he's still the only one.

• Love 3