Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E04: Let Me Stand Next to Your Fire

• Start Topic

I gave up on this show ages ago, but I caught the Ghost Rider who I love. Gabriel Luna who plays Robby is wonderful and CGI is outstanding. I want more Ghost Rider and May and less of everyone else. Is there any talk about Ghost Rider getting his own series because I am so there?

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 3

Really good episode and I liked how the storylines came together in this.  A very cool car chase and a car chase that happened in...gasp...broad daylight!  Not exactly something you see on this show often.  I like Robbie working with the team and glad the Daisy as a fugitive thing is over.

• Love 7

Wow did what's his name pick the wrong guy to throw fire at.

So, is Daisy back with SHIELD or is she a prisoner? I suppose that'll be up to the Director.

I liked Simmons commenting on Aida, Fitz thinking she was referring to her being attractive, and how Simmons was mildly offended Fitz didn't think she'd know Aida was an android.

• Love 6

Yay, Daisy and Simmons!  Whatever issues I have with Daisy from time to time, I really enjoy when she and Simmons are together and how they play off one another.  While they don't always agree on everything, I really do buy their respect and even friendship for one another.  And I'm glad Daisy seems to be back on the team for now, although I have to imagine not everyone will be welcoming her with open arms.

Glad they brought back James; he's a fun antagonist.  But he is no match for The Ghost Rider!  I figured Robbie would show up in the nick of time, but him catching the chain and it setting on fire was pretty cool, even if it was an obvious nod to the comics.  Hope to see more of him with the rest of the cast.

Jose Zungia (as Robbie's uncle) was great casting.

The chase sequence was pretty good, although Mack really should have known that there was no way Coulson would ever let him drive Lola.

The stuff with Aida and Radcliffe/Fitz trying to hid her identity from May was decent comic relief, but Simmons showing up and automatically knowing she was an android was a perfect moment and in character.

Not sure what to make of the ghosts and the mysterious book, except guy who was in a coma was totally Kerr Smith, who I only ever remember from Dawson's Creek, so it always shocks me how much older he is now.

Pretty fun episode.

• Love 6

Robbie only lost because of the invisible Quinjet. And nice that Skye is back. Also thinking May would've been all "ANDROID!!!" if she thought that was a possibility. Even after death, she's still among the sharpest knifes in the drawer.

So, I really like Robbie Reyes. He's a lot better than Lincoln as a character, and he's almost filling the presence left by Bobbi and Hunter. 

Man, I'm glad that Aida didn't fool Simmons and that the secret is out. Plus, no TV drama yet! There's hope that it can be resolved maturely! Although Aida fooling May was slightly disappointing. I'll chalk it up to the brain damage that she might have. 

I like Daisy when she's with the team (minus Coulson), so her scenes with Simmons worked for me, especially when she found out that Simmons was the new boss/Special Advisor. Her tension with Coulson could be interesting, if they keep it for more than two episodes. 

Coma Guy is Kerr Smith! I've seen him on a lot in the past few years, so I'm super happy to see him here. It looks like he'll be around for a while. 

Aww man, I guess that was the end of James. I'll miss him and his shady ways.

That chase scene with Robbie was great. I also loved when Robbie walked out after the explosion and the look on Coulson's face. 

• Love 2

Tonights episode was good. Not just good for this show but genuine honest to goodness great television. The action worked and was actually entertaining. There was some truly great character work. Even some pathos with Daisy and James and their individual reactions to the Watchdogs.  If the show was always this good we wouldn't have any ratings issues. Its amazing when the show actually lives up to its potential. 

Now we just need Hunter and Bobby back.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, benteen said:

A very cool car chase and a car chase that happened in...gasp...broad daylight!  Not exactly something you see on this show often.

Greased Lightnin'! Go Greased Lightnin'! I get that location has been used for car chases probably 100 times before, but it always makes me think of Grease, especially when were looking at a classic car race.

8 hours ago, KirkB said:

I liked Simmons commenting on Aida, Fitz thinking she was referring to her being attractive, and how Simmons was mildly offended Fitz didn't think she'd know Aida was an android.

Of course Simmons saw right through that. First off, Aida isn't good at being subtle even after the talk about how sometimes its okay to lie. Plus, this incredibly capable, beautiful woman comes out of nowhere but is clearly close to Radcliffe isn't the most plausible thing. At this point, I think I'd always assume everyone I met was powered/unusual in some way.

8 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

Not sure what to make of the ghosts and the mysterious book, except guy who was in a coma was totally Kerr Smith, who I only ever remember from Dawson's Creek, so it always shocks me how much older he is now.

He was always old. He was 27 when he started on Dawson's Creek.

I like that Coulson is mad at Daisy. Let's see if he can keep it up longer than five minutes into next week's episode.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, KirkB said:

Wow did what's his name pick the wrong guy to throw fire at.

So, is Daisy back with SHIELD or is she a prisoner? I suppose that'll be up to the Director.

I especially like how he played taking the chain away

I am thinking the old team got its Secret Warriors back. And like Daisy once erased all of them after The Winter Soldier and the rise of Hydra she might now turn the Inhuman tracking watches into bricks. It remains to be seen how Director Mace will react

10 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Aww man, I guess that was the end of James. I'll miss him and his shady ways.

I was kinda hoping for him to stick around too.

3 hours ago, vibeology said:

Greased Lightnin'! Go Greased Lightnin'! I get that location has been used for car chases probably 100 times before, but it always makes me think of Grease, especially when were looking at a classic car race.

<snip>

Plus, this incredibly capable, beautiful woman comes out of nowhere but is clearly close to Radcliffe isn't the most plausible thing.

<snip>

I like that Coulson is mad at Daisy. Let's see if he can keep it up longer than five minutes into next week's episode.

The line where Coulson said "I get his car now - isn't that how this works" (words to that effect) was a direct reference to Grease since they were racing for "pinks" in the movie.

Radcliffe being played by John Hannah makes it entirely believable that a capable, beautiful woman would be with him.  John Hannah radiates charm.

I liked pissy Coulson too.

• Love 4

Coulson being pissed at Daisy was more satisfying than I ever dreamed.

Enjoyed the return to "bad girl shenanigans" with Jemma and Daisy.

The car chase between "Lola" and "Lucy" made me smile. Especially when they went on the LA river.

Robbie catching the chain was AWESOME. I love that's how this Ghost Rider obtains it. Wish he killed James.

I love that Jemma realized right away that Aida was an android! So glad it didn't turn into a fight with Fitz too.

Edited by VCRTracking
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, VCRTracking said:

The car chase between "Lola" and "Lucy" made me smile. Especially when they went on the LA river.

I can honestly say that's a movie/TV location I never need to see again.

Also, given the speed Robbie was going when he hit the invisible quinjet and the fact there was no airbag or seatbelt involved, he should've gone flying through the windshield at a million miles per hour and ended up a steaming pile of goo.

This is the second week where crappy science pulled me out of the show. Last week was May's revival after her heart had supposedly been stopped for SEVEN minutes.

Jemma knew right away! And she wasn't mad! I am honestly shocked. They might not have Fitz and Simmons break up for a stupid, contrived reason! That`s great! I never fully jumped on their ship, but I do kind of like them together now. They basically act like they always did, just with more kisses and I Love Yous. 

Coulson being pissy with Daisy is pretty hilarious. I am looking forward to seeing Daisy with everyone again. She works better as an ensemble member than as a lone wolf. 

Still really enjoying Robby. Him catching that fire chain was AWESOME! Take that for using Ghost Riders signature move! 

Really good, enjoyable episode. 

• Love 8

I noticed this episode that while I've always liked Coulson, I can like him more when he's a lead agent and not director.  I hope they don't put him back in that chair.

I was really relieved that they didn't go with the cheap drama, like Simmons being tricked or angry about Aida.  I felt like things smoothed out a bit in this episode compared to the first couple eps of the season.

• Love 5

I have to admit, I've watched the pissy Colson scene more than once in order to convince myself that it was actually in the show. When he threw the tablet at Daisy...I thought, hmmm, this could really be good esp.if Daisy finally has to endure some real consequences for her actions.

Did anyone else think that we got more about the real costs of being Inhuman and swayed by Hive in the brief moments with Hell fire than we did in the last 3 episodes of Daisy pouting her way around Los Angeles?

I am waiting for a good Daisy/May scene. I wonder if May will be the one to offer advice to Daisy about healing and moving on.

• Love 4

I loved Coulson being all, "Yeah, whatever, let's get this shit done" to Daisy and Robbie. I am one of like eight people who doesn't hate Daisy, but her emo moping and unnecessarily putting people in danger and heavy eyeliner have been TOO MUCH.

• Love 9
8 minutes ago, Minneapple said:

I loved Coulson being all, "Yeah, whatever, let's get this shit done" to Daisy and Robbie. I am one of like eight people who doesn't hate Daisy, but her emo moping and unnecessarily putting people in danger and heavy eyeliner have been TOO MUCH.

Her eyeliner is too much and that is probably why she is taking down those banks in the newspaper that Coulson clipped. I mean she must spend a ton on eyeliner. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
On 10/20/2016 at 10:58 AM, SocaShoe said:

Did anyone else think that we got more about the real costs of being Inhuman and swayed by Hive in the brief moments with Hell fire than we did in the last 3 episodes of Daisy pouting her way around Los Angeles?

*raises hand* And someone get CB to an acting class stat, because her 'acting' being dead inside has been changing with every episode. She does have good actresses around her, I wish she'd ask them for some pointers. 

5 hours ago, Minneapple said:

I loved Coulson being all, "Yeah, whatever, let's get this shit done" to Daisy and Robbie. 

I did like it when he was all - we have a higher priority. I was annoyed when he pulled that with Robbie as I thought they were flying to rescue Daisy, but I loved it when Daisy was like 'there's nothing more important to me than saving Inhumans' and Coulson was like, 'well my priorities outrank yours so deal'. 

• Love 6
On 10/19/2016 at 7:08 AM, vibeology said:

HAHAHAHAHAHA!  I was totally thinking the exact same thing!

• Love 3
On 2016-10-18 at 11:36 PM, KirkB said:

So far the only part of the Aida storyline I've enjoyed has been Simmons' reaction -- essentially, "What do you mean, 'You could tell?' Of course I can tell she's an android! Hello -- I'M JEMMA FRICKIN' SIMMONS."

Okay, I also liked the part where Fitz asks, horrified, "Are you mad?" and Radcliffe replies "No, I'm just a scientist."

Edited by Sandman
Jemma is not Gemma, however much I might quibble.
  • Love 4

I was so happy that Jemma just knew that she was an android without being told. She knows what he is capable of doing, so wasn't surprised by it. I love that she wasn't mad at Fitz for lying.

Glad that Daisy is back with the group, as I was bored with her being all "by herself" and I like that they have Robbie with them as well.

I also enjoyed seeing James again, glad he is still alive.

• Love 2