Type keyword(s) to search

Whoopi Goldberg: EGOT Winner, So Why Is She Here?

Lisin
  • Start Topic

Who knows, it could be a good thing in the long run. Maybe being compared to Whoopi will be what finally inspires Oprah to get the weight off again?

Have you seen recent pictures of Oprah?  She's well on her way to svelte & good for her.  Just sayin'.

• Love 3

O's on WW's and their current sponsor in commercials.

Meanwhile Sherri is struggling badly - which makes no sense since she did so nicely on Rocko DeSpirito's catering and Zumba. Why not just go back to that?

Actually WG did well with RD as well. Although she is a very picky eater.

I guess I don't understand why not go back to something that worked. Although perhaps WG doesn't care at this point - which is fine and she doesn't put everyone through her daily diet and struggles like SS.

• Love 2
(edited)

I like Oprah, but I quit Weight Watchers (after a few years withthem), just as she was coming in during December.

Oprah's lost 26 lbs., so good for her. I have been doing my own weight loss research from different books/plans and was so over WW. Their plan is good, but not working for me. I just need to get away from processed food. ..so I ll be texting you all from the moon soon.

I just checked out Rocco's new book on the negative calorie diet. He does ALOT of smoothies, which aren't the healthiest, but if he catered food to me, I wouldn't complain.

Whoopi's 2 chins and neck rolls distracted from the tattoo. She needs to wear collars.

Edited by Tosia
  • Love 5

Miss Whoopi, in her failed attempt to be humble and gracious (another shtick as old and tired as her Valley Girl accent) also deprived a (probably) deserving charity of a $10,000 donation.

• Love 4

Why the hell did she turn down the offer for the 10k donation to charity of her choice?  

Miss Whoopi, in her failed attempt to be humble and gracious (another shtick as old and tired as her Valley Girl accent) also deprived a (probably) deserving charity of a $10,000 donation.

Jinx. ha!

• Love 4

I didn't look at it that way. I think she was trying to play down the website's twitter error and saying that everyone makes mistakes. I don't think she was trying to deny a charity the donation. That wasn't the point for her; she didn't want to make a federal case out of  their error and as we all know, on the show she can make a federal case out of a spilled salt shaker if she feels like it.

• Love 1

Whoopi took on Donald Trump Jr. today when he suggested that people who don't like his father should leave the country.  She said even if Trump is elected, she will still be there on the View to criticize him.  I wonder if that means that she's planning on staying.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Some of the comments are better than the story. The picture they used is quite the choice.

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/whoopi-goldberg-threatens-bolt-view-063621434.html

I never think to look at the comments - some of these are great.  

I wonder if this is Whoopi laying groundwork to save face or if someone is just screwing with us and getting my hopes up?  I honestly cannot see Whoopi EVER leaving this easy-peasy (all she has to do is show up) gig voluntarily. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, bannana said:

Is Alex Martin's father still alive or in her life?  I have never heard him being mentioned.

Paula should have asked about him today. Miss Whoopi probably would have blasted her right off the stage! lol

Seriously, though, I don't think Whoopi has ever mentioned him. Was he her first husband? A baby daddy? Who knows!

• Love 1
31 minutes ago, rcc said:

Paula should have asked about him today. Miss Whoopi probably would have blasted her right off the stage! lol

Seriously, though, I don't think Whoopi has ever mentioned him. Was he her first husband? A baby daddy? Who knows!

All I could find was one photo of them in the 70s.  They were married from 73 to 79 I believe.  He was drug counsellor (I am not making this up).  I have never heard him mentioned at all and if he is alive he is a granddad and great-granddad too.

• Love 2

It was confirmed by reports but this announcement by Miss Whoopi herself makes it OFFICIAL (meaning she definitely signed the contract), therefore we are stuck with her highness for another year like it or not.

• Love 1
(edited)
On July 12, 2016 at 0:50 PM, rcc said:

It was confirmed by reports but this announcement by Miss Whoopi herself makes it OFFICIAL (meaning she definitely signed the contract), therefore we are stuck with her highness for another year like it or not.

At first I read that as her highass. Lol 

Edited by Dahlia
  • Love 4

I just watched Ron Howard's new Beatles documentary on Hulu, and Whoopi has a couple of talking heads about the Beatles in New York. She had good things to say, and didn't sound like a raging lunatic. She also tells a story about her mother surprising her with tickets to the concert at Shea Stadium.

Maybe all that's true, but I can't help think she's completely BSing about the Beatles. Especially since she stole Billy Crystals Paul McCartney and Wings joke twice.

Come to think of it, she was also in a recent Dave Clark Five documentary on PBS. Maybe she thought she was talking about the Beatles there?

• Love 5
23 hours ago, Cosmocrush said:

Oh yeah, Whoopi is a regular Forrest Gump by always being in the right spot when history is being made.  Pfffft.    

But you know, she spews so much bullshit that even if she was there I wouldn't believe her. 

Right? I've never heard her say she was at that concert before. If it was me, I'd be bragging about it every chance I had.

In a couple of years, she'll be telling us how she was at Woodstock.

• Love 4

Considering Whoopi has reported different years of her birth over the years, (1950, 1955)  it's hard to know what to believe about her stories.   It's like once you tell one lie, you have to make sure everything else lines up with the lie.

(Remember when her younger brother Clyde died?  at age 65?  the brother who was  a year younger than Whoopi, only she claims to be 60?) 

The Beatles were at She Stadium in 1966.  I'm thinking it's more likely that Whoopi was 16 and a Beatles fan, than 11.  NOT that I believe she was there.   But if she was, that fits with her being older than 60.

Edited by backformore
  • Love 7
53 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I had a feeling that they might've given her a one-season contract so she could use this as The Year of Whoopi before leaving gracefully. That might be why she's doing a better job as moderator lately, to repair her reputation before she departs.

Wut??

• Love 3
2 hours ago, merriebreeze said:

I'd love to whoohoo, kick up my heels and dance around the room waving the pompoms BUT "probably" is not a done deal and I don't trust the bitch to actually, you know, leave.

There will be no dancing, no singing, no clinking of glasses until I see her tail-end exiting stage left whilst giving the viewing audience the finger cause, again you know, she "doesn't care".  I'm not wishing and hoping and singing and praying for the next year only to have my hopes and dreams shattered, my nerves tattered and torn.

But done deal, I'm leading the conga line!!

Edited by onthebrink03
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, onthebrink03 said:

I'd love to whoohoo, kick up my heels and dance around the room waving the pompoms BUT "probably" is not a done deal and I don't trust the bitch to actually, you know, leave.

There will be no dancing, no singing, no clinking of glasses until I see her tail-end exiting stage left whilst giving the viewing audience the finger cause, again you know, she "doesn't care".  I'm not wishing and hoping and singing and praying for the next year only to have my hopes and dreams shattered, my nerves tattered and torn.

But done deal, I'm leading the conga line!!

I totally understand that but I'm pretty sure she is going only because I heard her confirm it on Wendy Williams today.   *cheers!*   She made it sound like she has so many other things to do...movies, etc.    Maybe because just a few moments before that Wendy reminded her she used to do ads for pee pads, LOL.  

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 6

I forgot to mention that Whoopi showed up on WW wearing that ratty grey stars and stripes scarf.   Wendy commented on it, saying she "just loves it" when Whoopi wears it because it's become her [Whoopi's] signature look.   Because of my negative Whoopi feelings I heard it as Wendy throwing shade on wearing that damn scarf all the damn time.  Ha!

After avoiding Whoopi for over a week I tuned into Watch What Happens Live last night only to see her in the clubhouse.  Ugh. She looked like hell (wearing one of those black jumper things over a white shirt) and I promptly changed the channel.  Get off my TV Whoopi!

• Love 3
On ‎9‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 8:25 PM, Cosmocrush said:

I forgot to mention that Whoopi showed up on WW wearing that ratty grey stars and stripes scarf.   Wendy commented on it, saying she "just loves it" when Whoopi wears it because it's become her [Whoopi's] signature look.   Because of my negative Whoopi feelings I heard it as Wendy throwing shade on wearing that damn scarf all the damn time.  Ha!

That's hilarious.  I do think Wendy would do that, disguise a criticism as a compliment.   

• Love 4

Miss Whoopi was on the Harry show today wearing that ratty scarf that Wendy gave her a backhanded compliment for along with that ratty jeans jacket she seems to love. Harry Connick Jr. is an asswipe with his guests and in my market he replaces Meredith Viera's show. Of course. An intelligent woman loses her show so a sycophant singer can have one. It's the second time I've seen his show and I am done.

Miss Whoopi proclaimed that she "created" the cannabis cream for menstrual cramps. Is there anything that this AMAZING woman can't do! Now she's a chemist! When she leaves the View (I'm hoping and praying she just didn't tell Wendy that for the hell of it) she can become a movie director AND an inventor. All the while wearing that ratty scarf. lol

Edited by rcc
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, sugarbaker design said:

Just read the Daily Mail article about backstage strife at The View, and while I take any info from The Daily Mail with a grain of salt, they did mention that Whoopi said on The Wendy Williams Show, that this would be her final season on The View.  Any truth to this?

One can only hope!!!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, sugarbaker design said:

Just read the Daily Mail article about backstage strife at The View, and while I take any info from The Daily Mail with a grain of salt, they did mention that Whoopi said on The Wendy Williams Show, that this would be her final season on The View.  Any truth to this?

Yes, I heard her tell Wendy that too; of course she made it sound like her idea but I seriously doubt Miss Whoopi would ever voluntarily leave such an easy paycheck.   I had/have the feeling that this show might be ending at 20.  

• Love 4

Flipping channels last night I caught Whoopi on The Tonight Show.  Guess what she's selling now?  Holiday Sweaters!  In the great American tradition of celebrities slapping their name on crap and pretending they "designed" it, she's got a line of [Ugly] holiday sweaters, available at Lord &Taylor and Hudson Bay Co. (?))  The worst one is shaped like a Christmas tree skirt;  maybe she did design these after all, LOL  So much for her rant about waiting until after Thanksgiving to start shilling Christmas crap, hahaha. 

She brought Jimmy and The Roots some gingerbread cookies and didn't mention one word about The Spew or really anything besides the L.A. bakery they came from (which I'm sure compensated her, she even said she'd been "working" with them for a while which was a strange choice of words to use if you actually bought the cookies.) 

• Love 4

Those sweaters are really ugly, and I don't mean in a funny "ugly Christmas sweater" way, either. They're just ugly. And way too expensive.

They sell awesome vintage ugly Christmas sweaters at places like www.thesweaterstore.com for a fraction of the price and they are so much better than Whoopi's rags.

The thing is (/Whoopi voice/) the ugliness only works when it is unintentional. You don't set out to create an ugly Christmas sweater. They just happen. 

Wait, she did mean for those sweaters to be ugly, didn't she? Because I'm assuming she can't be serious ...

• Love 7

Leave it to Whoopi to get in on a trend just when it's about to be over.  

The "Ugly Christmas sweater"  thing was started when young people were wearing them in an ironic way, mocking the trends from the 80's and 90's. But the irony only works if you find the sweater in your parents'/grandparents' closet, or at a thrift store.    Not spending over $100 on a "designer"  sweater. 

Now that Walmart and Kohl's market over-the-top ugly-on-purpose sweaters,  it's safe to say that the trend will end soon.

What ever happened to whoopee's marijuana-based products?  Or is that what she was doing when she designed those sweaters?

• Love 9
7 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Those sweaters are really ugly, and I don't mean in a funny "ugly Christmas sweater" way, either. They're just ugly. And way too expensive.

They sell awesome vintage ugly Christmas sweaters at places like www.thesweaterstore.com for a fraction of the price and they are so much better than Whoopi's rags.

The thing is (/Whoopi voice/) the ugliness only works when it is unintentional. You don't set out to create an ugly Christmas sweater. They just happen. 

Wait, she did mean for those sweaters to be ugly, didn't she? Because I'm assuming she can't be serious ...

No she didn't mean them to be ugly and I was LOLing since apparently she is unaware that Fallon does a thing with the audience and Ugly Christmas sweaters every December.  

@backformore, you are exactly right.  When the ugly sweater party thing started about 10-12 years ago my cousins were young adults and raided my parents closets.  Just a few years ago, I found a whole box of them from the last century and gave them to the Goodwill where I'm sure they won a few contests.  Hee!

• Love 6

I live out west so the show was not pre-empted here, and I don't recall anyone bringing it up.  I think it may actually be too petty for even Whoopi to complain about, lol.  Plus I doubt she wants to give the guy any national attention on the show and reward him for being a complete jackhole.  He'd enjoy it too much.

Is that jerk serious, suggesting that the school should bring in a "conservative performer" because they are letting Whoopi do a show?  Is that what it's come to - equal time for effin' comedians?  They won the damn election, can't they just be HAPPY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 9