Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Orange is the New Yuck!

roeflem
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, Crashcourse said:

If Hoda had gotten married there is no way she could have kept her big mouth shut.

Unless there is a book coming out.

Because like everything on the Today show, no one has ever gotten married the way Hoda gets married.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
37 minutes ago, juno said:

Unless there is a book coming out.

Because like everything on the Today show, no one has ever gotten married the way Hoda gets married.

The funny thing is, this is probably true. 

Okay, there is a hurricane and the Afghanistan issue………..and, Hoda, Savanah, Craig and Al are ALL off? Mmmmmmm! Could this mean the wedding of the century (not really) could have or is going to happen?! 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
On 8/27/2021 at 6:33 PM, HyeChaps said:

Today (Friday), Savannah and Hoda were there to report the Afghanistan news.  Both of them were dressed in black.

Totally missed Friday’s broadcast. I was on vacation & slept in. Tomorrow we get to see Al in the hurricane. The little things.

• LOL 1

People are criticizing NBC for letting Al Roker be out in the Hurricane & being knocked down by waves: people said he was too old & had no business being down there.  Al Roker this morning gave a blunt answer to people & said he was fine & he knew what he was doing, he has been covering storms for 30 or 40 years.

• Love 4

Sad to see CBS morning show is rebooting in September. They ditched respected seasoned journalist Anthony Mason for some former NFL player that has done some broadcasting. Anthony has been relegated to feature stories. That plus they are going to shift focus somehow on more in depth stories or some crap. Even moving to MTV old studio near Times Square. Nothing against the new guy but I don't like to see veteran broadcasters get the boot.

At least you could count on the CBS show to be more serious about news vs GMA and Today that are so much fluff and more like variety shows. Yes CBS show could be boring but now all the morning shows are "newsertainment". Yuk.

Edited by seasons
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

People are criticizing NBC for letting Al Roker be out in the Hurricane & being knocked down by waves: people said he was too old & had no business being down there.  Al Roker this morning gave a blunt answer to people & said he was fine & he knew what he was doing, he has been covering storms for 30 or 40 years.

I kind of felt bad for him and was like damn hasn’t he paid his dues enough that he doesn’t need to be out on the beat anymore…but then I figured he has enough clout that if he really didn’t want to do an assignment….he wouldn’t. At least he didn’t take a major tumble like that one time a million years ago before his weight loss surgery. That was awful but since he didn’t really get hurt…it was also kind of funny. (I’m a terrible person I know.)

• Love 4

I think there is no good reason for any journalist to stand outside in gale-force winds just to show us how rough it is... however, being 67 myself, I LOVED Al's response.

Edited by Kimmmmmm
Thumbs
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

https://www.today.com/news/willard-scott-dead-t152927

Willard Scott passed away today. ☹️ The link has pictures of him dressed up in costumes, sometimes to raise money for charity. He seems like he was a sweet, fun guy.

On a selfish note, I dreading Monday's show. The sad montage of clips, anchors talking about their favorite moments with him, classical music playing, "he was just beloved by everyone!,' Kathie Lee mentioning something religious, like him being an angel now or he's with God, the schmaltz. My word, the schmaltz.

Anyone know why he stopped announcing the Smuckers centenarians? 

On 9/4/2021 at 10:08 PM, Crashcourse said:

I'm looking forward to the tributes to Willard Scott on Monday.  I don't watch this show that much anymore because I don't care for any of the hosts, but I'll be watching Monday.   

Monday is the holiday. I don’t think Savannah or Hoda would be there. Al might be there or at least be remote from home. Willie Geist did a nice tribute on his Sunday show with lots of comments and of Al. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Yesterday, the show brought students and principal from Digital Harbor High School out onto a football field and gifted them with computers, laptops and a year of Wi-Fi. Based on the video they showed, the principal sounds amazing and there’s no doubt they’re deserving of a big gift. I wonder if that was the best gift for them, though. I did some googling and the school is very technologically advanced, with Dell computers with Windows XP Professional, IBM Thinkpad laptops, four paths of technology kids can focus on and Wi-Fi all over campus. I can’t help but think that this computer/laptop/WiFi gift would be better for a school more in need of those items. But maybe DHHS needs them more than I think? Al did announce that Comcast is donating more of these items to other Baltimore schools, so that’s great. And the kids seemed thrilled with their laptops, so maybe there really is a big need. 

• Love 1

Savannah, who I dont think is known as a 'fashion plate", was given the task of styling Hoda & Jenna this morning & Savannah said her style is "Gothic/Schoolmarm": Yikes!  She had Jenna in a really frumpy outfit, at least Hoda's jumpsuit looked nice on her, but then Savannah added all kinds of funky jewelry.  I did not care for the looks at all, but I find it interesting that the 3 of them all share clothes, I guess because all of them are so Tall.

• Love 1

Today was so awkward with the Law and Order duo and the Date line crew celebrating 30 years of that show. The pair from L&O were especially boring, seemed weirded out to be there, added nothing, etc. And the Dateline group wasn't much better.

Live tv not for everyone I guess.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, seasons said:

Today was so awkward with the Law and Order duo and the Date line crew celebrating 30 years of that show. The pair from L&O were especially boring, seemed weirded out to be there, added nothing, etc. And the Dateline group wasn't much better.

Live tv not for everyone I guess.

The L&O pair looked bored and uncomfortable sitting on those stools, especially Christopher Meloni.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, OpalNightstream said:

Hoda laughs EVERYTHING off 

On 9/22/2021 at 10:10 AM, nokat said:

I feel bad at laughing when the stylist was on and called her Hodie. She's like "it's Hoda." I bet this woman is great during interviews. "I really want to work here at Millersoft."

Why I didn't feel bad when the gal called her Hodie.  Cause Hoda tends to call everyone by the wrong name, forgets their name, leaves them at parties without a way home and then just laughs

• Love 2

Hoda and Jenna had on Leah Remini today.  Leah said the same thing a lot of us say, that the ladies look a lot better when they coordinate outfits (they coordinated today).  It was kind of cringe how they kept asking Leah about Jennifer and Ben.  Awkward.  Leah laughed it off like a pro.  Jenna looks like she lost weight.

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

Did Leah look like Leah?  Because the last few times I saw her she did not, to put it nicely.  Which makes me sad because I am a big fan.

She does not look like the same Leah from King of Queens.  She’s pumped full of fillers.  She still looks pretty though.

• Love 2

Consumer reporter Vicky Nguyen co hosted third hour today.  She is fantastic. Great mix of coming across as professional and likeable.

Dylan had her third son over night. He is small 18", 5 pounds 5 ounces I think but they say mom and baby are great. No picture of him yet. 

• Love 4

Why does Hoda wear a huge necklace with an M on it?  I don’t think her kids names start with M. Boyfriend guy?  M for mom?  I hate her necklaces.  Both she and Savannah wear way too many and they look so messy and are always caught on their mics.  Individually they would actually be cute and delicate but they wear them all at the same time.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

Why does Hoda wear a huge necklace with an M on it?  I don’t think her kids names start with M. Boyfriend guy?  M for mom?  I hate her necklaces.  Both she and Savannah wear way too many and they look so messy and are always caught on their mics.  Individually they would actually be cute and delicate but they wear them all at the same time.

I was wondering the same thing!

Glad to see Dylan and Baby Russell (they are calling him "Rusty" 🙄) are ok. He was 6 weeks early but is ok,  getting a little extra attention in the NICU for now.

And Kirsten Welker - her baby girl was born via surrogate. Both doing well too! I really like Kirsten.

• Love 3

Love both Dylan and Kristen.  I’m pretty indifferent on Katie but yeah, that’s a horrible picture for the cover.  I hate feet!!  Her toes aren’t even polished.  Yuck.

The article said that she probably wouldn’t work in TV ever again what with throwing everyone under the bus.  Also, isn’t she still friends with Matt??  It’s probably for the best she just goes away.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

M = Moron?

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

They played the most absurd game this morning.  They showed pictures of hairstyles and Jenna and Honda were supposed to guess who had the hairstyle.  Really?  The answer to one was Dorothy Hamel.  —-I’ll wait while you Google her. Many of you weren’t alive then. —-  Anyway, every answer from Hoda was, “OOHHH!  I don’t remember their name.”  Every answer.  And, the game just kept going on.  Sigh.

• Love 1

On Saturday Today Kristen Welker was back. She and Peter Alexander are such a great pair. I wouldn’t mind if they were the weekday anchors. They are professional but relatable at the same time. Even talking about her baby wasn’t  over the top, it was just sweet especially with everything she and her husband went through. I’m so happy for them. Her daughter is adorable and the spitting image of her husband.

You could really tell Kristen feels so blessed but was also humble about it. She’s very real. I really enjoy this Saturday show. 

• Love 3
On 10/1/2021 at 10:21 PM, Bronzedog said:

Only after she gets over the shock of seeing that her co-workers have kids.

And, then she just leaves the room and goes upstairs and doesn’t tell anyone. Forget rude. It’s kind of bizarre. Of course, she just giggles it off. When you make millions of dollars you can do stuff like that. 

Hoda was off today but with Savanna filling in at 10:00 am. I watched some of Honda’s interview with Saint Maria & Oprah. Um, Hoda was crying and all they (Maria & Oprah) were talking about was their friendship. It was so bizarre. You would have thought the two of them had found a cure for cancer. It cracks me up how the morning people (and, all of television) love to fawn over celebrities. Granted it I watch this crap but I still find it bizarre. Also, Jenna mispronounced a word (shocker!) and, Savannah corrected. Too funny!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

The interview with Oprah was also weird because the books behind her desk all had white spines/binding and didn’t seem to have any titles.  There was also a picture frame behind her with no picture in it.  I will never understand rich people.

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

They had Brooklyn Beckham on this morning apparently he’s some sort of social media home cook. He literally made a bacon egg and sausage sandwich on white bread. That’s it. Seems like a nice, humble guy but….huh??  

Saw that. Then on H&J he made a steak fajita or something. Like 8th grade home EC simple. Wonder if he was nervous because he didn't speak much.

On 10/4/2021 at 5:53 PM, ByaNose said:

Hoda was off today but with Savanna filling in at 10:00 am. I watched some of Honda’s interview with Saint Maria & Oprah. Um, Hoda was crying and all they (Maria & Oprah) were talking about was their friendship. It was so bizarre. You would have thought the two of them had found a cure for cancer. It cracks me up how the morning people (and, all of television) love to fawn over celebrities. Granted it I watch this crap but I still find it bizarre. Also, Jenna mispronounced a word (shocker!) and, Savannah corrected. Too funny!

This. They all suck up so incredibly. Rachael Ray, Drew Barrymore , Kelly Clarkson do it too. Everyone is just so amazing and wonderful! / *puke*

And now the third and fourth hours are mostly just repeats of segments or guests from the main show. 

Edited by seasons
  • Love 2