Type keyword(s) to search

S33.E02: Love Goggles

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

On September 27, 2016 at 0:33 PM, Tara Ariano said:

One castaway dons his "love goggles" when he's struck by another's beauty. Also, heat exhaustion takes the air out of one player.

Every time I see this my brain persists in misreading it as "love giggles" - and each time is funnier than the last.  :D

• Love 3

Kudos to David for finding the idol. Why is he so much for confident and strategic when alone as opposed to when he's mingling with his tribe? I wonder if his afraid of everything persona is really a big fake-out.

• Love 8

Guess I'll FF through the octopus.  Glad Paul was okay, but dang Survivor, this is how many seasons in a row with medical issues?  I think you can make it must watch TV without killing people.

Getting nervous about how the editing is going-really hoping one of the cool kids gets it, but I think it's too obvious it'll be one of them.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 4

Octopuses are actually really smart and neat animals. I couldn't watch it.

I don't know how anyone could be attracted.to Taylor. The guy seems like such a doofus. The high school kid is less annoying and possibly more mature.

Yes I'm gen x aka old.

• Love 22

These people SUCK. 

I'll probably be back next week, but Gen-X are so supremely unlikeable, and now the Cool Kids run the Millennials against all reason. If things don't get switched up soon, I may peace out early.

Such a buzzkill. 

• Love 10

I really liked Mari. But I knew she was going as soon as she talked about wanting to go to tribal council. Jeff only read 9 votes, so does that mean Mari got 7. So, she would have gone even without Hannah flipping. And Michaela flipped even after picking a fight with Figgy.

But damn, Michelle is dangerous. She reminded me of Cerie talking Eric into giving up the immunity necklace. "Just do it. I'll explain later."

I did love Hannah during the challenge when she told her tribe mate she was ripping through the water too (after Jeff said that about the competition). And her admitting she gave a non answer to Jeff during tribal.

Edited by KaveDweller
  • Love 9

"Next time on . . . Survivor!! Taylor and Figgy play rock-paper-scissors over who gets the $1 million check!" Eeesh. I'm rooting against them because they're showmancing. And now, we can make jokes about Taylor craving Figgy's pudding.

I only go to Smosh for Honest Game Trailers (this week: Minecraft: Story Mode), but I feel bad for Mari. The biggest fault was her inability to hear her name whispered twenty times. Also, Hannah having an episode. Totally expected Probst to see what was wrong. Has anybody had that much trouble voting? And it's only the second episode! The next health scare might not be from Paul again.

Happy David found an idol and a friend. The cynic in me thinks a cameraman threw the Immunity Coconut when his back was turned. Gotta love the look on his face. Like a poor kid finding an expensive present under the tree. "For me? Really?!?"

Having a little trouble with names and faces. Why did they have to start with twenty?

• Love 10

Didn't like Mari getting the boot was really hoping to see Figgy go but Hannah and Mikaela were so easily influenced. Hannah at TC where the girl says vote for her and she'll give her a reason after. Oh no, need the reason now and it makes that girl stupid for rallying behind someone else besides herself. Right now it's like she's playing for Figgy. 

IDK why Mikaela did it when she doesn't even like Figgy and arguing with her. I don't think a majority of them are going to last anyway.

So CiCi had second most votes last week because she aligned herself with Rachel. Would have been nice if editors had shown this last week instead of focusing so much on Dave and his paranoia. 

Adam speaks in high def when he needs to turn the volume down on his voice.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, Oholibamah said:

These people SUCK. 

I'll probably be back next week, but Gen-X are so supremely unlikeable, and now the Cool Kids run the Millennials against all reason. If things don't get switched up soon, I may peace out early.

Such a buzzkill. 

Two episodes in, but so far this season is a drag.  I agree about Gen-X, and I will eat glass if those stupid cool kids run the show this season.  No wonder Probst liked it so much!  His macho alphas are in control at Gen X, and the stupid giggly should-have-been-cast-on-Big-Brother are running things over the Camp Millennial.  Maybe we'll get lucky and Fiji's version of Jason will come out of the woods and go after the horny kiddies.

• Love 11

I hope all decisions aren't that hard for Hannah.  She must be hell to drive behind at an intersection. 

Bah.  I liked Mari.  They really should have voted out Figgy.  Honestly, when you're at tribal council and you know your name has been tossed around, why would you be so dismissive towards the person who you think might be the swing vote?  She and Taylor (?) were dealing with a serious case of pheromones numbing the higher brain functions.  

Adam, please stop shouting during your TH's.  OTOH, Michaela can be my narrator.  She said exactly what I was thinking.  Macking with someone when you're both smelly and haven't showered in days just doesn't appeal to me.  

Glad Paul was okay.  He impressed at that challenge.  I would have wondered if it was filmed out of order, if not for the comment he made about Dr. Joe making him feel better.  

• Love 16
Just now, LanceM said:

Don't be blinded by the big shiny lights Figgy and Taylor.

Michelle is the one you need to look out for and I can see her hiding behind them for awhile.

I hope so.  Something needs to happen.  I know it's only two episodes, but this better not be setting the tone for the season.

I never would have guessed Michelle to be a player.  Also worried about Zeke, since he was the only one not to vote against Mari. 

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, ShadowSixx said:

IDK why Mikaela did it when she doesn't even like Figgy and arguing with her. I don't think a majority of them are going to last anyway.

Mikaela I get, Michelle and that other guy told her that the rest of the tribe said they were voting for her after Figgy.  She figured she was elevating her place in the tribe, even if she hated Figgy.

• Love 7
Just now, LadyChatts said:

Also worried about Zeke, since he was the only one not to vote against Mari. 

I think Adam voted for Figgy too. What concerns me more about Zeke is that he thought it was a good idea to pitch the Figgy vote to Jay- his connection with Taylor and Figgy is pretty obvious and in such a large tribe wouldn't it make more sense to skirt around the allies of your target when you're looking for votes on your side?

• Love 15

Yikes! These Millennials are quite the batch of idiots.  I really hope they are not real representatives and CBS cast for shallow and stupid.

Mari was incredibly dumb for not making sure she had the votes, never assume.  

Unless there is some rule against it, she should have got up and gone over and gotten in Hannah's other ear.  IDK.  Or she's clueless.

Props to (I can't remember her name) for working it.

I liked Mari and her misfit gang, but the gang got conned by the Kool Kids.  Charlie Browns never learn even after watching thousands of YouTube videos.

I'm on the David and Adonis team FTW. Why not!  :)

I hope they don't screw up the idol play as now countless players have done.  

I think they are missing the real target:  Boston dude.  Paul would actually be a good goat.

• Love 6

You know your idiot alliance moniker is stupid when one of the people in it can't remember the name three days later.

Figueroa's voice sounds like Parvati and I hate her for it.

So two minorities went out one/two?  That's not a good look for either generation.

• Love 15
1 minute ago, mojoween said:

You know your idiot alliance moniker is stupid when one of the people in it can't remember the name three days later.

Figueroa's voice sounds like Parvati and I hate her for it.

So two minorities went out one/two?  That's not a good look for either generation.

And the only Asian left isn't even getting any screen time over. 

7 minutes ago, charleeeeeeeeene said:

I think Adam voted for Figgy too. What concerns me more about Zeke is that he thought it was a good idea to pitch the Figgy vote to Jay- his connection with Taylor and Figgy is pretty obvious and in such a large tribe wouldn't it make more sense to skirt around the allies of your target when you're looking for votes on your side?

Ah yes, you are correct.  I didn't want to like Adam, but since he voted smart, I will.  To hell with the rest of them. 

• Love 5

I rewound and rewatched Michaela's observation of the kissing couple.  Best TH in the ep.  "You stink.  Your mouth is NASTY. . . That's disgusting."  I hollered.  

But the conversation at Tribal made me think that most of the players are mentally challenged.  

• Love 15
14 minutes ago, charleeeeeeeeene said:

What concerns me more about Zeke is that he thought it was a good idea to pitch the Figgy vote to Jay- his connection with Taylor and Figgy is pretty obvious and in such a large tribe wouldn't it make more sense to skirt around the allies of your target when you're looking for votes on your side?

I liked Zeke until the second he spoke to Jay about voting out Figgy. What a moron. He had the numbers, so he didn't have to say word one to Jay.I am hoping Hannah goes, followed quickly by Zeke and his boner move. He has no reason to be upset. He got outplayed in a big way. Idiot. 

• Love 6

I wonder if they jumped the Figgy ship and went Mari so easily (and the Kool Kids decided on Mari) because Mari already has fame and money. Typical millennial...'it would be sooo unfair for her to win'. And that was the biggest trainwreck of a TC I have EVER seen (though I should admit to have missed several seasons in the middle).

Edited by Lamima
  • Love 7

I laughed when the "youth pastor" on Gen-X said that she hoped Paul was okay because he was part of her alliance and would help her game, and oh yeah, she hoped he wasn't sick or in danger either.  WWJD indeed.

• Love 21
6 minutes ago, Mumbles said:

I laughed when the "youth pastor" on Gen-X said that she hoped Paul was okay because he was part of her alliance and would help her game, and oh yeah, she hoped he wasn't sick or in danger either.  WWJD indeed.

Well Michele, the conniving snake, is a mission person. And it was better than what Dave said (that he was glad Paul went down as it was better for his game).

• Love 3
51 minutes ago, charleeeeeeeeene said:

I am consoling my disappointment with the Mari boot by thinking about how happy I'll be when Hannah gets clipped by the "Cool Kid" alliance.

Heh... good point.  What an unbelievably stupid move on her part.  I can understand Figgy's allies wanting to keep her around for the time being just for the sake of numbers.  Hannah, however, isn't in their five-person alliance.  Switching at the last minute based on a vague "I promise, I'll tell you why later" is beyond dopey.  She literally gave away her vote for nothing!  Perplexing lack of strategy.

• Love 13
2 minutes ago, me5671 said:

Heh... good point.  What an unbelievably stupid move on her part.  I can understand Figgy's allies wanting to keep her around for the time being just for the sake of numbers.  Hannah, however, isn't in their five-person alliance.  Switching at the last minute based on a vague "I promise, I'll tell you why later" is beyond dopey.  She literally gave away her vote for nothing!  Perplexing lack of strategy.

You need to watch the secret scene from last week. Michelle and Hannah are pretty close. There is a reason she trusted Michelle this vote. 

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, me5671 said:

She's trying to become the female Cochran.  Another reason I dislike her.

• Love 3

Oh, here I am. I accidently clicked on the BIG BROTHER forum out of force of habit.

Anyway...very dissapointed that the "cool kids" got their way. Especially the way they peer pressured Hannah. That was high school 101 right there. And doubly dissapointing that Michaela fell for their tricks.

Speaking of Michaela....the casting department dissapoints 9 times out of 10 when it comes to the African American women. They can only go with the "angry confrontational" black woman or as the helpful sidekick who aids the winner and has no shot to win themselves (the woman who was allied with the notoriously blandest winner ever Kim Spradlin-I forget her name that's how memorable she was). I believe Tasha Fox will always be their most shining example of bucking the stereotypes they like to cast. Tasha was worthy in the physical and social game and it carried her a long way in her seasons.

Two lovely Asian women now voted out in back to back weeks. If I was the last remaining one of the GEN X tribe I would start ducking for cover.

I know the producers want their next "Tai" but they are trying way, way too hard with Dave.

A shy model? What the hell?

Just once for the sheer novelty of it....I want someone to find the idol, say nothing to anyone and the producers don't even show it being found and then in some random episode the person acually plays it to the complete surprise of all the tribe members and most importantly to us at home. Please...just do this ONE time!

• Love 5

Here's my understanding: There's an alliance if four who don't want to lose Figgy: Jay, Taylor, Figgy, and Michelle. That's four of the votes right there.

Michelle was smart enough to want to keep her alliance intact, and to do that, she picked as a target the person she thought she could most easily make others paranoid/worried about going far: the woman who plays games for a living.

She flipped Will by playing on that. "Who is the most dangerous, though?" (Will, stupidly, did not see that the answer is "the person who has the most votes" and instead thought "the smart, strategic gamer." Exactly what Michelle wanted.)

Michaela flipped because Jay told her Zeke said she was the next out after Figgy because she was an easy decision. (Unsure if Zeke said that or not due to buzzsaw running in my kitchen when Zeke approached Jay. *muttermutter*) 

Hannah had ties to both Mari and Michelle. This was essentially her choosing who to trust and go with, though in the end her vote was unnecessary.

It was good gameplay by Michelle and Jay. Zeke shouldn't have told Jay to begin with. Figgy and Taylor are still morons.

Gen X. Meh. I'm glad to see Ken and David bonding. Go shy guys! I did notice how gentle Ken was with him last ep with the walking stick insect, so that was cool. 

Looking forward to the tribe mix-up. I'm kind of hoping Taylor and Paul end up on the same tribe just to watch Paul's head explode.

Oh... You know how they keep referring to "the pretty people" on the Millennials tribe? The thing is, they aren't actually pretty. What they ARE is white, around the same age (not as young as Will), not Jewish, and don't fall outside certain style parameters (like Zeke). I certainly think Michaela and Mari are better looking than Michelle and possibly Figgy, but ymmv.

• Love 20

Just once for the sheer novelty of it....I want someone to find the idol, say nothing to anyone and the producers don't even show it being found and then in some random episode the person acually plays it to the complete surprise of all the tribe members and most importantly to us at home. Please...just do this ONE time!

I've been dying for this to happen (both not telling and even TPTB now showing).  But with my luck, it'd be the person I despise most, I get all excited thinking they are going home, and BOOM, they pull out an idol.  I wish they'd go back to hiding them in challenges myself.

• Love 5

Foggy and that doofus she is romancing are not attractive to watch...Michaela called it...and I wish they would just get off my screen. I want to see Survivor play, not some lame hook-up.

Paul's posse huh? The old guy with the long grey hair and sagging tattoos is a long way from a natural leader, imo. Not strong, not skilled, and a self-admitted control freak. He looks like a guy who spent 20 years trailing along after the Grateful Dead. What is up with the Gen X folks just falling into line? The shy model and the fraidy cat are an interesting team. And the cat did find an idol. 

Michelle is a "youth pastor". And she lists her skills as being "very cunning". No cognitive dissonance there. Just what you want in a spiritual leader. Casting must have had fun with her.

• Love 10
17 minutes ago, Knuckles said:

Michelle is a "youth pastor". And she lists her skills as being "very cunning". No cognitive dissonance there. Just what you want in a spiritual leader. Casting must have had fun with her.

Matthew 10:16 (ISV): "Pay attention, now! I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. So be as cunning as serpents and as innocent as doves."  Just sayin'.

• Love 12

They can't even make fire with a flint, huh?

Did we see CeCe aligning with Rachel?  I don't remember seeing any signs of that.

Man, I would never stick my hand in a hole on one of these islands.

Oh, wow, super rad, dood. Hooking up after three days?  Ridiculous.

Loving Jay's reaction to Taylor and Figgy hooking up.  LOL.

What kind of an accent does Ken have?  Is it like a white guy Hawaiian?  Or is it his speech impediment?

I never understood sharing having an idol.

Paul is an idiot, issuing orders.

David is going to have to do better or he's going to get votes really soon, idol or not.

If Ken was able to go into the water again, why were they sending people like CeCe into the water, when she obviously had problems with water?  What were the rules about that?

They said no showmance had ever survived.  But, Boston Rob and Ambah ...

It doesn't make sense to YOU to vote Figgy out now, Michele, but that's because she's in your alliance, but it does make sense to other people.

"I don't want this, Michaela."  Of course you don't Figgy, you don't want to go home.

I like Zeke. I like Adam, too.

Wow, Mari, that was not a nice thing to say just before a TC vote.  That might have sealed your fate.

Hannah's existential crisis was interesting.

A lot of questioning looks after the vote.  I hope people get pissed at the Tri Force.

• Love 4

For the second episode of a survivor season, I'm glad that the two women they discussed voting off were feared because they were powerful, not because they were weak like it usually is in the early going. However I much preferred Mari and it was stupid to let the power couple survive past tribal.

• Love 10