Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E13: Bye, Bye, Beadors

• Start Topic

We're also watching "reality" television, so we don't really know much at all about these participants.

So why take others' opinions on what is known/portrayed on screen as a personal affront? If some see Meghan's behavior as being OTT, then BFD.

"I was overwhelmed with emotions and Jim was, too. He was so upset."

tumblr_m5ofpy7zO81qcwic6.gif

Edited by jaync
  • Love 4
20 hours ago, WireWrap said:

I agree! IMO, both Vicki and Tamra tried to go after Heather that season and when Heather refused to play along it failed. Then Vicki, with help from Tamra, made sure that Heather and Shannon didn't become friends by playing runtelldat with exaggerations, half truths and out right lies until Heather/Shannon couldn't stand each other. It was done on purpose because they feared that Heather/Shannon would become the 2 top HWs/fan favorites of the OC if they joined forces and Vicki more than anyone else could not allow that to happen.

So crazy, I don't remember any of this.  I don't remember Vicki or Tamara going against Heather.  I may have to do a re-watch of this season - was it 2 seasons ago?  I think I may have to get Hulu again.

3 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

My confusion with Meghan is that she had no fertility issues, correct?  This was simply a case of Jimmy's frozen baby batter needing to meet up with one of Meghan's eggs, right? She was not high risk or infertile. She is quick to champion every health related cause but her passion for this seems a little stilted in this one because honestly, Jim did not want another child but for some reason decided to freeze the last of the goods just in case? So when Meghan wanted a child they used IVF pretty much ignoring the big issue of another child with a man who most likely before they were even engaged let that be known. 

Before you all start yelling at me about my callousness, I have a few friends that needed medical intervention to conceive a child but both parties were on board with it and they are happy parents raising their kids together.

I just get the feeling that Meghan will be a solo act in parenthood unless she moves to St. Louis so Jim can be in the mix. 

She is just so preachy.

Meghan has no fertility issues.  I think for people with actual fertility issues, for her to be acting like she is "suffering" from infertility, or "dealing with" infertility, it is a slap in the face.  Real infertility (for whatever reason) is absolutely horrific. 

I don't think you are callous! 

I feel for anyone losing a baby or embryo for that matter.  BUT, how crazy that some people consider an embryo a baby. but sometimes the embryos are destroyed.  I just can't wrap my head around that.

36 minutes ago, jaync said:

So why take others' opinions on what is known/portrayed on screen as a personal affront? If some see Meghan's behavior as being OTT, then BFD. 

Right!  I know that if I will be upset by someone's opinions, I will steer clear of a snarky website.  These ladies put their lives out there, and we can think whatever we want about it. 

It is funny, I think some of them try to put a version of their "selves" that people will be jealous of or that will be envied (*cough* Heather *cough*) but it just makes them look kind of stupid. 

Or, people try to fake something that is not there.  They think we see what they want us to see.  Do they know we see the truth?

36 minutes ago, jaync said:

tumblr_m5ofpy7zO81qcwic6.gif

THIS IS AWESOME!

Yeah she can TELL us that Jim has emotion, but we definitely don't see it.  Who is she kidding?

Perfect example of trying to trick the audience into seeing something that is not there!

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Love 8

On Vicki's private FB page she said she asked production to replace her cast mates and she linked a casting ad for RHOC!! Her reasoning for wanting the other women fired are that they are too cruel... 

Vicki's ego knows NO boundaries and her inner circle of friends have done her a huge disservice by feeding it. Clearly, most viewers realize what a true grifter she is. 

• Love 19
1 hour ago, heatherchandler said:

It is funny, I think some of them try to put a version of their "selves" that people will be jealous of or that will be envied (*cough* Heather *cough*) but it just makes them look kind of stupid. 

Or, people try to fake something that is not there.  They think we see what they want us to see.  Do they know we see the truth?

So much this!! That is what was so funny about Vicki saying that she didn't want to leave her marriage to Donn (to paraphrase) because it looked like a good marriage to people on the outside. WTF?? Who does she think she is kidding? From the time I started watching the show (can't remember if it was first season, but pretty early on) it was obvious that they had a terrible marriage. She has always treated him like dog shit on the bottom of her shoe. I remember her going on vacations with the kids and leaving Donn at home. The kids didn't treat him much better. Brianna was only nice to him after he and Vicki decided to split. I was actually surprised that they had been together for as long as they were because he was never treated by either Vicki or her spawn as anything but temporary. 

So Vicki's assertion that she bailed when things got tough with Donn? As far as I can see she bailed years before they actually split. But I do think she regrets how she treated him if only because she (apparently - Vicki lies so much who knows if even that is true) had to give him money when they split, and she hates being alone. Even when she was with Brooks she lamented on being divorced from Donn. But she is delusional (OK, I know that we all know that already) if she thinks that she fooled others into thinking she had a great marriage. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Juliegirlj said:

On Vicki's private FB page she said she asked production to replace her cast mates and she linked a casting ad for RHOC!! Her reasoning for wanting the other women fired are that they are too cruel... 

Vicki's ego knows NO boundaries and her inner circle of friends have done her a huge disservice by feeding it. Clearly, most viewers realize what a true grifter she is. 

Wow - she is something else. I am thinking that Andy Cohen will NOT like this.  He was so upset with Jill Zarin when she tried to pull "casting" and "storyline" stunts in the past.  I think I remember hearing that she was holding a casting call for that stupid Matchmaker show, and Andy chastised her in the media.

And we all know how well all of that worked out for her.  She thought she was the fan favorite (HAHAHAHAH), but she got the boot.  Oh please please please let this piss off Andy so much that he kicks her ass off the show.

• Love 14
2 hours ago, Juliegirlj said:

She basically took credit for single-handedly starting the whole Housewives franchise, so it is no surprise that she thinks she is in charge of hiring and firing cast members.  If Bravo ever pulls the plug on her delusional ass, she's going to find herself living alone in a big house without a camera crew visiting her several times a year, and a fading social media presence.  Then she can devote all of her spare time to her wristband charity scam.

• Love 11
34 minutes ago, Snarky McSnarky said:

She basically took credit for single-handedly starting the whole Housewives franchise, so it is no surprise that she thinks she is in charge of hiring and firing cast members.  If Bravo ever pulls the plug on her delusional ass, she's going to find herself living alone in a big house without a camera crew visiting her several times a year, and a fading social media presence.  Then she can devote all of her spare time to her wristband charity scam.

and it was really Jeana and her family the show was centered around because they were neighbors of the producer and he thought they had a great story. I always thought it odd that if Jeana and Vicki were such good friends that Vicki claims to have gotten on the show because her son answered a casting ad and not through Jeana who lived next door. Anyway, Id love Jeana's side of the story.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Yeah she can TELL us that Jim has emotion, but we definitely don't see it.  Who is she kidding?

I didn't, personally, get a "sad" vibe from Jim Edmonds. I thought he was very comforting to Megan in that moment, and was the sweetest I'd ever seen him. But I thought it was about HER, he didn't seem too upset about it. 

At any rate, in my original post I stated that it's every woman's right to grieve any loss, no matter how small. SO I won't hate on her for that. But I also do wish she'd stop trying to join the ranks of the infertile with her storyline, because that was not her situation at all. She simply married a dude who CHOSE to snip his junk. And she WAS lucky they had to the money to go right for IVF. Many people don't. I don't think there's anything insensitive about pointing that out. 

I'm not begrudging her her tears (I cry about THE most trivial things myself), but I really do hope she is appreciative for easy their situation is compared to many others. 

Edited by ghoulina
  • Love 14
2 hours ago, Juliegirlj said:

I agree with Vicki in as much as I don't like to watch when the women clearly aren't friends.  When they actively try to make each other look like shit and judge each other harshly and don't forgive it's not fun.  Shannon has said numerous times she's not friends with Vicki and has no intention of ever being friends with her again.  Same with Meghan, they're not friends.  If that's the case someone should leave the show because them filming together is a big lie that everyone knows about so why bother?  If it comes to a choice between Vicki and Shannon and Meghan then I'll take Vicki every day of the week. 

Ever since Season 8, ratings for this franchise have been declining.  Not sure how that squares up with who's on the show and who isn't but losing Vicki probably isn't the answer. If the chemistry isn't there with the women a shake up might be good.

• Love 3

Good news!  Vicki has added to the confusion surrounding her cancer scam charity.  You can now contribute to a Go Fund Me campaign trying to raise $500,000.  Except you will actually be contributing to City of Hope. The Go Fund Me account is just a pass-through.  Say What?  "Although there are many charities for this very disease, we have identified a few that we hope will become partners with us."  So instead of donating directly to a legitimate organization, you can send your money to Vicki and Friends, who will then supposedly forward it on to someone they hope will partner with them!  Just to make it even more confusing, Vicki's name is nowhere to be seen.  The account was set up by someone named Jeff Jordan in Woodbine, Maryland.  There are only three comments so far, but they all get to the point right away.

https://www.gofundme.com/killALLcancer

• Love 6
17 minutes ago, zulualpha said:

I agree with Vicki in as much as I don't like to watch when the women clearly aren't friends.  When they actively try to make each other look like shit and judge each other harshly and don't forgive it's not fun.  Shannon has said numerous times she's not friends with Vicki and has no intention of ever being friends with her again.  Same with Meghan, they're not friends.  If that's the case someone should leave the show because them filming together is a big lie that everyone knows about so why bother?  If it comes to a choice between Vicki and Shannon and Meghan then I'll take Vicki every day of the week. 

Or they could just not have them film together so much. I actually prefer the original formula - the wives were filmed mainly with their families, working, etc. If they were actual friends in real life, the story showed that. But they only got together as a group maybe once or twice, especially for the end of season party. That would feel a lot more authentic to me. 

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, Snarky McSnarky said:

Good news!  Vicki has added to the confusion surrounding her cancer scam charity.  You can now contribute to a Go Fund Me campaign trying to raise $500,000.  Except you will actually be contributing to City of Hope. The Go Fund Me account is just a pass-through.  Say What?  "Although there are many charities for this very disease, we have identified a few that we hope will become partners with us."  So instead of donating directly to a legitimate organization, you can send your money to Vicki and Friends, who will then supposedly forward it on to someone they hope will partner with them!  Just to make it even more confusing, Vicki's name is nowhere to be seen.  The account was set up by someone named Jeff Jordan in Woodbine, Maryland.  There are only three comments so far, but they all get to the point right away.

I like how they added this line:

"We are not in any way buying or selling anything, nor are we collecting your personal info." 

*eyeroll*

• Love 8
On 9/27/2016 at 3:44 PM, StatisticalOutlier said:

Me neither.  On the one hand, her marriage, her business.  But...really??  If David did take this woman to family dinners, that's all on him.  I don't think anything David's mother could do would be anywhere near what David himself has done.

Given what we've learned about David's mother and father, it suddenly becomes clear that the apple didn't fall far from the Beador family tree.  I mean, David pulled some pretty sucky shit all on his own.  After seeing what spawned him, I remembered that he once handed his wedding ring to one of his daughters to return to their mother.   He knew the side piece's kids were on the same basketball team with his own children, and that said side piece went on to cultivate Shannon's friendship.  NOW we hear that Beador Senior deserted his marriage, and David's side piece had dinner at mama's house.

My advice to Shannon is to keep the vodka and tequila handy.  It'll be easier to stand being married to this guy for the years remaining til the children leave for college.

• Love 9

Aw, I am going to miss Beador Manor because whenever I see it I think of Heather "whattabitch" Dubrow's multiple shots about the decorating, inferior location and questionable amenities (um, like no porte cochere ("portico share").   Good tv times. I wonder if it kinda kills Heather a little bit inside that the new buyer wanted it all -- including every stick of Shan's ghastly (so very unDuBrow like) furniture.

I can't really fault Heather though, I also like a circular driveway. And door for mah coaches.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Former Nun said:

I can't see that guy being forced into anything by any of his wives...maybe spousal and child support, but not much more.   It's kind of sad to read "idiot" regarding Meghan when all she wanted to do was have a baby.   We're also watching "reality" television, so we don't really know much at all about these participants.

He must have been on board with it since he said yes.  Look, I am childfree by choice and think no one should be forced to be a parent but he agreed.  He would rather be married to Meghan than not have another child.  If it were me, I would say nice knowing ya but I am not your gal since I will not have a child in order to stay married.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Juliegirlj said:

Well by reading here it seems like the only ones people really want gone are Vicki and Kelly.  I hope they tell her to shove it in her big old wordhole.  THIS is their opportunity to bring a castmember who might not shove them, be needy, or just be the bitch no one wants to visit in the hospital.  Her ego needs to be checked.  Living like a normal non famous person just might do that.  Or not.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

I didn't, personally, get a "sad" vibe from Jim Edmonds. I thought he was very comforting to Megan in that moment, and was the sweetest I'd ever seen him. But I thought it was about HER, he didn't seem too upset about it. 

At any rate, in my original post I stated that it's every woman's right to grieve any loss, no matter how small. SO I won't hate on her for that. But I also do wish she'd stop trying to join the ranks of the infertile with her storyline, because that was not her situation at all.

He was very sweet with her.  In his own way.  Meghan had mentioned in her blog that he was distraught, so that is why it is like, ok lady we all saw it happen!  We didn't really see him upset.  She is trying to tell us that something happened, but it didn't.  I just wonder if the women forget that we all have eyes.

1 hour ago, Snarky McSnarky said:

Good news!  Vicki has added to the confusion surrounding her cancer scam charity.  You can now contribute to a Go Fund Me campaign trying to raise $500,000.  

Loving the comments - I hope they realize how awful this GoFundMe is, and take it down.  

1 hour ago, Anne Thrax said:

NOW we hear that Beador Senior deserted his marriage, and David's side piece had dinner at mama's house.

That didn't happen.  I mentioned it a few pages back, Shannon tweeted that there were no family dinners; it was a lie, Vicki lied.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

So crazy, I don't remember any of this.  I don't remember Vicki or Tamara going against Heather.  I may have to do a re-watch of this season - was it 2 seasons ago?  I think I may have to get Hulu again.

Meghan has no fertility issues.  I think for people with actual fertility issues, for her to be acting like she is "suffering" from infertility, or "dealing with" infertility, it is a slap in the face.  Real infertility (for whatever reason) is absolutely horrific. 

I don't think you are callous! 

I feel for anyone losing a baby or embryo for that matter.  BUT, how crazy that some people consider an embryo a baby. but sometimes the embryos are destroyed.  I just can't wrap my head around that.

Right!  I know that if I will be upset by someone's opinions, I will steer clear of a snarky website.  These ladies put their lives out there, and we can think whatever we want about it. 

THIS IS AWESOME!

Perfect example of trying to trick the audience into seeing something that is not there!

It's not a slap in the face to me, a woman with severe fertility issues. I don't care. The biggest reaction she got out of me was rolling my eyes.

It's NOT crazy for someone to consider an embryo a baby. When you go through hell just to get pregnant, seeing and hearing that heartbeat is everything. Technically, it's an embryo. Emotionally, it's a baby. I miscarried embryos... They were my babies. I cried. Hard. Does that make me crazy? I resent that. I now face the reality of having to decide what to do with my embryos from my last procedure. It is a heartbreaking decision for me knowing that they will probably be "destroyed." But, maybe I shouldn't be so emotional because they aren't babies.

This is dangerously veering into pro-choice/life /political areas. I normally avoid these conversations but I'm getting irked by some of these posts. I can't believe there's so much activity over a woman's emotions at her first ultrasound. She was hormonal, newly pregnant, and reacting to news she didn't want  to or expect to hear. It's not a big deal, who cares?

• Love 21
17 minutes ago, DeeplyShallow said:

It's not a slap in the face to me, a woman with severe fertility issues. I don't care. The biggest reaction she got out of me was rolling my eyes.

It's NOT crazy for someone to consider an embryo a baby. When you go through hell just to get pregnant, seeing and hearing that heartbeat is everything. Technically, it's an embryo. Emotionally, it's a baby. I miscarried embryos... They were my babies. I cried. Hard. Does that make me crazy? I resent that. I now face the reality of having to decide what to do with my embryos from my last procedure. It is a heartbreaking decision for me knowing that they will probably be "destroyed." But, maybe I shouldn't be so emotional because they aren't babies.

This is dangerously veering into pro-choice/life /political areas. I normally avoid these conversations but I'm getting irked by some of these posts. I can't believe there's so much activity over a woman's emotions at her first ultrasound. She was hormonal, newly pregnant, and reacting to news she didn't want  to or expect to hear. It's not a big deal, who cares?

Right - to each their own.  I can feel like it was a slap in the face.

Definitely didn't say that people are crazy if they consider embryos their babies.  It is crazy, to me (my opinion) that some people consider them babies and then they are destroyed.  Not saying anything pro-life, or political, just my opinion.

• Love 6

If I remember correctly the embryo with the best chance was a girl. But Meghan and Jim didn't want another girl, she specifically said Jim wanted a boy. So they wanted to implant the "stronger" girl and boy. I think what upset Meghan the most was the likelihood that it was the boy who didn't make it because that was their preference.

• Love 6
59 minutes ago, charming said:

If I remember correctly the embryo with the best chance was a girl. But Meghan and Jim didn't want another girl, she specifically said Jim wanted a boy. So they wanted to implant the "stronger" girl and boy. I think what upset Meghan the most was the likelihood that it was the boy who didn't make it because that was their preference.

Meghan didn't care about boy/girl, just Jim. IMO, she was/is happy either way.

• Love 4

Meg never said she was infertile and quite frankly, since she never had a child, she wouldn't even know if she has the ability to carry a child to term.  As a couple, they had a fertility issue because of Jim's vasectomy.  If a couple decides to have a child and they're not succeeding the natural way, 'they' have a fertility issue.  It may be due to the woman or the man.  But it's 'their' issue. 

We saw what, a minute, if that, of Jim's reaction to finding out that there was only one child?  He was very comforting to Meg at that moment and maybe his priority was comforting his wife.  I think that is very natural in a moment like that.  We don't know what Jim's emotions were after that because we didn't see it so I don't think that can be judged. 

• Love 12

Since it's been brought up a few times, I think it has to be emphasized that Meg's feelings that her and Jim's embryos come from the perspective of where she is at this time in her life and dealing with a fertility issue (She's went through IVF and you don't go through IVF unless there's a fertility issue).  She has never had a child.  Meg knows that IVF is not a slam dunk and she and Jim are dealing with a limited amount of chances given Jim had a vasectomy.  Those embryos are precious to her right now.  I understand that there are people who have no desire for a child and I also understand (because I'm one of them) that having children is the most precious gift in life.  My understanding of how she feels does not reflect my feelings about abortion and choice (since it's been brought up and has nothing IMO to do with this).  Her feelings about the embryos may change once she has had a child or children as it probably has for many couples who have successfully gone through IVF.  Or maybe not.

IVF is tough.  It's not easy to go through.  Fortunately, I've never had a fertility issue but I do so feel for couples who have.  Some info on the success of IVF:

http://www.businessinsider.com/in-vitro-fertilization-ivf-success-rates-2015-5

BTW, I don't even like Meg all that much but I do get her feelings on this.

Edited by breezy424
  • Love 7
18 hours ago, DeeplyShallow said:

No, you are not crazy to have real feelings.

My original comments were aimed at Megan, alone.

I can understand the feelings of pain and sorrow that the women who have posted about the topic. I also understand how people could mistake something they read as a generic statement about all women.

Never apologize for what YOU feel because no one can make you feel what your heart tell you.

• Love 3

Looked @ the "GoFundMe" page to read the comments and noticed that they had raised a whopping $143.  Boy, let's hope City of Hope has some other stronger fundraisers out there! I can't imagine that they would even agree to participate in Vicki's sham for selling cancer insurance.

Also, if you buy cancer insurance but already HAVE cancer, does it still pay off?? I'm guessing not.  Wouldn't that be like selling life insurance to dead people?? Just a question.

• Love 5

I have to say that the name "Kill ALL cancer" is dramatic and scammy.  I mean, it sounds like a fake charity invented by George Costanza, and it is fake.  Vicki doesn't give a shit whether the charity portion makes any money, she's taking names.   She's simply lead mining.    She sells leads.   She probably doesn't know shit about insurance products anymore.     

Why were Kelly and her mother sitting in plastic ass chairs in their drive way like a couple of yokels?   Funny how mom asked "what's next for US?   Um, I mean you"?   I think her family is a bunch of parasites feeding off Mr Clean.   Watch it Kelly, if he dumps your ass, there aren't many wealthy men wanting to take on a middle aged woman, her mother, daughter,  AND brother. Don't bite the hand that feeds you when you have no other options to maintain your standard of living.

• Love 16

I have to say that the name "Kill ALL cancer" is dramatic and scammy.  I mean, it sounds like a fake charity invented by George Costanza,

Haha, this made me laugh so hard. But I think George might start a scam charity for architects instead. 

I agree about the name, it sounds so hokey. I tend to believe the entire thing was made up for the purposes of redeeming Vicki.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Haha, this made me laugh so hard. But I think George might start a scam charity for architects instead. 

I agree about the name, it sounds so hokey. I tend to believe the entire thing was made up for the purposes of redeeming Vicki.

Like her awards?

• Love 10

If Icki wanted to kill all cancer, she would fund raise for  a reputable cancer charity. Since she's a "celebrity", she might be able to raise a few bucks.   However, she wouldn't be able to use the charity to make money, so she starts her own bullshit charity as a conduit to sell her shitty leads.   She's nothing more than a grifter.    she doesn't even really sell insurance any more.   She sells leads and really just has an MLM business these days.    

• Love 12

This GoFundMe scam is even more disgusting than the scam that Brooks pulled. Not to mention stupid. When you contribute to a legit charity, anything past a nominal amount (say $10) gets you a tax receipt. At least in Canada - I would imagine it is the same in the states? So why would anyone go through a third party that is not a legit charity and cannot issue tax receipts? You contribute to a GoFundMe fundraiser to help out friends or even strangers who are going through a crisis and need help. And you know where your money is going (assuming you trust the person). You might as well buy a lottery ticket rather than contribute to this one because there is likely more of a chance winning it than your money going anywhere other than into the grifters' pockets. Kill All Cancer should be renamed Jail All Grifters.

• Love 10

I would LOVE to know how much Vickie-who was so moved by her toothless boyfriends' struggle with cancer that she now selflessly started up yet another cancer charity-donated herself to said charity...$143? 

Has she ever done a run? Knitted a hat? Worked a fundraiser? Donated her time in any way? What has she ever done to help? 

• Love 5

If Vicki truly wished to redeem herself for her part in Brooks cancer scandal she would donate her time towards a legitimate cause. Being in the public eye offers her unique opportunities to actually make a difference in a positive way. Typical Vicki, goes the shady route- her portal may direct funds to City of Hope, but her main goal is to generate insurance leads. Vicki should be worrying about karma in my opinion. 

Now, Vicki is openly proposing that Briana be cast as a full time Housewife. She is so delusional. In some ways it has been entertaining to watch Vicki- in a love to hate way. For me, the scales have tipped to simple disgust, and I'm not sure I would watch next season if casting doesn't change ( I don't say that lightly, as the housewives shows are my guilty pleasure). 

• Love 5

What gets me about Meghan and most of the other reality show "stars" is they feel the need to put anything personal in their lives out there for the world to see.  Whether it is marital affairs, medical procedures, baby making thru delivery, divorces incl bashing your former spouse, embarrasing their children, etc.,  nothing seems to be off limits for these people.

I'm just using Meghan as an example but realize she probably had to show us everything involving her IVF to keep her story line on the show.  Was it necessary to show us Meghan giving herself injections numerous times?  Did we really need to see her in a procedure room with feet in stirrups getting the embryos implanted? Not to mention seeing how she felt in finding out they lost the second embryo.  

The ultimate had to be when Jim Bob & Michelle Duggar (19Kids & Counting) found out that Jubilee, the 20th baby they were expecting, had died in utero when they were going to the sonogram to find out the sex of the baby.  It was bad enough seeing their reactions in the doctor's office but then we had to see them telling all the children they had lost the baby. I understand this doctor'svisit was to be a happy one, but when it turned bad, why did they have to keep filming?

Sorry if I've gotten off topic.  It just irks me that nothing is private with these people & we don't need to be shown everything in their lives. A simple TH explaining things would be fine in my book. 

Edited by Barb23
  • Love 4

**** Just a reminder that anyone wishing to donate to City of Hope can do so directly: www.cityofhope.org. They are a worthy cause and Charity Navigator rated them four stars. Vicki's organization is not a rated charity, and in my opinion should be avoided. 

• Love 10
On 9/29/2016 at 4:46 PM, ElDosEquis said:

You put it more succinctly than I did in my ham handed post.

Since we are both cynical you might want to come on over to the boy's corner, I have drinks and snacks, Wi-Fi, too.

On 9/29/2016 at 4:49 PM, goofygirl said:

Right there with you Anne Thrax!!  Shall I bring the wine & cheese to the corner?

And all that Vicki and the cancer charity stuff just makes me want to throw up. What an idiot.  I wish she'd just go away already!

Yeah, thanks for your kind invitation -- I'm there.  Bringing chips and my nobody-can-resist guacamole too to go with the wine and cheese.

• Love 2
On 9/30/2016 at 6:15 PM, charming said:

I have a friend whose only child was conceived via IVF at Loma Linda University -- pioneers in this technology.  She told me that the embryos are ranked according to some sort of 1-10 scale that takes into consideration each one's viability (gawd knows how that's arrived at).  She had x number to choose from, and they were advised to implant two, so they chose the only two that were ranked a 10.  The rest were ranked lower and are still frozen somewhere all these years later (their son will graduate college next summer).  She said they were happy with one healthy baby, and didn't want to risk trying again with any of the lower ranked ones and be disappointed that it didn't work out, since they had to mortgage their home for the first try.

I think the only reason Jim had his sperm frozen prior to the vasectomy was NOT because he thought he might someday want more, but because he fell for a killer sales pitch from the cryo-folks who make major beaucoup bucks keeping such things in the deep freeze indefinitely.

In Meghan and Jim's case, they chose the strongest one, which was female (I'm guessing Jim throws mostly girls) and then decided to risk a lower ranked one because it was, IIRC, the only male in the bunch.  So Meghan threw the dice anyway knowing the male was risky, and she STILL couldn't be an adult about her choice not panning out.

To my eye, Jim didn't seem the least bit disappointed, and I think Meghan made up that story about him being SO devastated that he wanted to have another look.  If you listen to the man's words at the time, he kept saying "it's okay" over and over.  I think because it was okay with him, and he was letting her know he didn't feel let down.  I mean, he already has a son, so it's not as if he would be deprived of ever having one.

Personally, I think they should both be horsewhipped for bringing another child of his into the world when he already has four children, ALL with broken homes, and HALF of whom still need raising.  Selfish on both their parts, but I fault Meghan more because she pushed so hard for him to make another one.

• Love 12
42 minutes ago, Anne Thrax said:

I have a friend whose only child was conceived via IVF at Loma Linda University -- pioneers in this technology.  She told me that the embryos are ranked according to some sort of 1-10 scale that takes into consideration each one's viability (gawd knows how that's arrived at).  She had x number to choose from, and they were advised to implant two, so they chose the only two that were ranked a 10.  The rest were ranked lower and are still frozen somewhere all these years later (their son will graduate college next summer).  She said they were happy with one healthy baby, and didn't want to risk trying again with any of the lower ranked ones and be disappointed that it didn't work out, since they had to mortgage their home for the first try.

I think the only reason Jim had his sperm frozen prior to the vasectomy was NOT because he thought he might someday want more, but because he fell for a killer sales pitch from the cryo-folks who make major beaucoup bucks keeping such things in the deep freeze indefinitely.

In Meghan and Jim's case, they chose the strongest one, which was female (I'm guessing Jim throws mostly girls) and then decided to risk a lower ranked one because it was, IIRC, the only male in the bunch.  So Meghan threw the dice anyway knowing the male was risky, and she STILL couldn't be an adult about her choice not panning out.

To my eye, Jim didn't seem the least bit disappointed, and I think Meghan made up that story about him being SO devastated that he wanted to have another look.  If you listen to the man's words at the time, he kept saying "it's okay" over and over.  I think because it was okay with him, and he was letting her know he didn't feel let down.  I mean, he already has a son, so it's not as if he would be deprived of ever having one.

Personally, I think they should both be horsewhipped for bringing another child of his into the world when he already has four children, ALL with broken homes, and HALF of whom still need raising.  Selfish on both their parts, but I fault Meghan more because she pushed so hard for him to make another one.

Meghan is selfish for wanting a child? Anytime she has spoken about her stepchildren she gets told that they aren't her children so she doesn't have a say in their lives. I see nothing selfish about her wanting a child of her own. I also don't see anything wrong with an adult crying for a minute and being disappointed bescause one of her embroys didn't take.

• Love 14

I dont have kids, let alone by IVF, but dont they put in a bunch of eggs and hope 1 takes?

I thought it was rare to have more than one..aka Kate plus 8 etc...so arent thry extremely lucky that 1 took...if they only implanted 2?  It seems soooo odd to me to be greiving over an egg that never "took".  I see a bunch of people try IVF and just hope for one baby...and its a miracle when they concieve.  

It weirds me out that Meagan is mourning over an egg that realistically probably had no chance...

Im I missing something about IVF?  

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Christi said:

I dont have kids, let alone by IVF, but dont they put in a bunch of eggs and hope 1 takes?

I thought it was rare to have more than one..aka Kate plus 8 etc...so arent thry extremely lucky that 1 took...if they only implanted 2?  It seems soooo odd to me to be greiving over an egg that never "took".  I see a bunch of people try IVF and just hope for one baby...and its a miracle when they concieve.  

It weirds me out that Meagan is mourning over an egg that realistically probably had no chance...

Im I missing something about IVF?  

Kate and Meghan did very different procedures, IUI vs. IVF. it wasnt an egg that didn't take it was an embryo.

• Love 3
20 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Meghan is selfish for wanting a child? Anytime she has spoken about her stepchildren she gets told that they aren't her children so she doesn't have a say in their lives. I see nothing selfish about her wanting a child of her own. I also don't see anything wrong with an adult crying for a minute and being disappointed bescause one of her embroys didn't take.

No, you're misstating my post.  I never said Meghan was selfish for wanting a child.  Had she married a man with no children (for example, someone her own age) or a man whose children were already raised to majority, I'd have no problem with it. 

What I said Meghan was selfish for was pushing HIM to make another one, when everyone can see his record for staying married and raising them to adulthood is zero for four.  THAT is what I have a problem with.  

If you want a child, then DON'T marry a man who has a current responsibility to raise existing minor children -- and Jim has been a real failure at that.  Twice already.  He got divorced both times, and now he sees his kids whenever he can fit them in amongst all the other women and children in his life, not to mention his work commitments.  In my book that does NOT qualify as proper parenting.  And the odds of his making the same mistake again in this marriage are far greater than in his previous marriages.  Too selfish for words -- it's the prospect of Meghan's baby as the FIFTH one of Jim's kids growing up with divorced parents that worries me.

As for criticizing her sob-fest -- let's don't forget that everyone in the room knew or should have known that this was a gamble, especially because they chose a less viable embryo which they were informed the male was.  When someone bets the rent money on a crap game, I just cannot muster any sympathy for tears in the event they roll snake-eyes.

And since you brought up Meghan's step-children, I'm taking bets on how long she can maintain the fiction of her professed great love for them as if they were her very own once Baby Girl makes her debut.

Edited by Anne Thrax
  • Love 10
21 hours ago, Juliegirlj said:

If Vicki truly wished to redeem herself for her part in Brooks cancer scandal she would donate her time towards a legitimate cause. Being in the public eye offers her unique opportunities to actually make a difference in a positive way. Typical Vicki, goes the shady route- her portal may direct funds to City of Hope, but her main goal is to generate insurance leads. Vicki should be worrying about karma in my opinion. 

Now, Vicki is openly proposing that Briana be cast as a full time Housewife. She is so delusional. In some ways it has been entertaining to watch Vicki- in a love to hate way. For me, the scales have tipped to simple disgust, and I'm not sure I would watch next season if casting doesn't change ( I don't say that lightly, as the housewives shows are my guilty pleasure). 

Just no to Briana being a RH.  She is just not interesting.  Who would want to hang out with her?  Heather, Shannon, Tamra, Meghan? No she would be whining the whole time about how much more the others have than her and how she and Ryan are just regular folk.  Don't see the need-time for those two to earn outside of reality TV.  I know Ryan is in the USMC and that seems to be winding down but he and Briana need to come up with a life plan moving forward that does not involve reality TV.

• Love 2

From the article posted above

"A live birth rate of about 30% for IVF cycles is really pretty respectable. A healthy, fertile 30-year-old woman has about a 20% chance of getting pregnant"

So, as I thought, they were very fortunate to have success, especially the first time around. Its just weird to me that they are not over the moon that  that this worked!!

Honestly, with Jim gone all the time (checked out of the marriage) I think Meg would have an incredibly difficult time with twins

• Love 1
On 10/1/2016 at 11:27 AM, Mu Shu said:

Watch it Kelly, if he dumps your ass, there aren't many wealthy men wanting to take on a middle aged woman, her mother, daughter,  AND brother.

a middle-aged harridan with BIG anger and self-control issues.

5 hours ago, Christi said:

Its just weird to me that they are not over the moon that  that this worked!!

Is she not?

• Love 1
18 hours ago, Anne Thrax said:

No, you're misstating my post.  I never said Meghan was selfish for wanting a child.  Had she married a man with no children (for example, someone her own age) or a man whose children were already raised to majority, I'd have no problem with it. 

What I said Meghan was selfish for was pushing HIM to make another one, when everyone can see his record for staying married and raising them to adulthood is zero for four.  THAT is what I have a problem with.  

If you want a child, then DON'T marry a man who has a current responsibility to raise existing minor children -- and Jim has been a real failure at that.  Twice already.  He got divorced both times, and now he sees his kids whenever he can fit them in amongst all the other women and children in his life, not to mention his work commitments.  In my book that does NOT qualify as proper parenting.  And the odds of his making the same mistake again in this marriage are far greater than in his previous marriages.  Too selfish for words -- it's the prospect of Meghan's baby as the FIFTH one of Jim's kids growing up with divorced parents that worries me.

As for criticizing her sob-fest -- let's don't forget that everyone in the room knew or should have known that this was a gamble, especially because they chose a less viable embryo which they were informed the male was.  When someone bets the rent money on a crap game, I just cannot muster any sympathy for tears in the event they roll snake-eyes.

And since you brought up Meghan's step-children, I'm taking bets on how long she can maintain the fiction of her professed great love for them as if they were her very own once Baby Girl makes her debut.

0-4 is a shitty batting average.

I think he was stuck with the idea of having a boy. THAT was the attraction.

You hit on a salient point about the birth of the newest Edmonds kid. I say that it will last until after the first showing - She will make a huge deal about germs and cleanliness and holding the baby correctly....she'll have read about all the 'newborn/childhood illnesses' before the baby is born and will panic accordingly, after the birth?