Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E13: Bye, Bye, Beadors

• Start Topic

52 minutes ago, ElDosEquis said:

0-4 is a shitty batting average.

I think he was stuck with the idea of having a boy. THAT was the attraction.

You hit on a salient point about the birth of the newest Edmonds kid. I say that it will last until after the first showing - She will make a huge deal about germs and cleanliness and holding the baby correctly....she'll have read about all the 'newborn/childhood illnesses' before the baby is born and will panic accordingly, after the birth?

Well, to be honest...many first time moms go BSC over "germs/cleanliness" after giving birth. LOL So much so that they have a tendency to lecture their parents on how to correctly hold an infant! LOL

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Well, to be honest...many first time moms go BSC over "germs/cleanliness" after giving birth. LOL So much so that they have a tendency to lecture their parents on how to correctly hold an infant! LOL

Like the commercials where they have the mom loading up the stroller with everything for the first kid and the second one is like, meh?

I remember going camping with a few newborns - a few months old - It was good because they didn't drink up all the beer. My bro set up a playpen and threw a blanket over the top. Someone was 'on baby patrol' at all times and we went from there!

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, ElDosEquis said:

Like the commercials where they have the mom loading up the stroller with everything for the first kid and the second one is like, meh?

I remember going camping with a few newborns - a few months old - It was good because they didn't drink up all the beer. My bro set up a playpen and threw a blanket over the top. Someone was 'on baby patrol' at all times and we went from there!

Our DIL could have been the model for that commercial. LOL We put up with it for a little while then I asked her if she thought her husband was/is a good guy and she replied Yes. I then pointed out that I gave birth to him and raised him so I had an idea of how to care for a newborn. That ended her lecture. Just to be fair, our son also tried that with us for a couple of days until I rolled my eyes at him and laughed......he turned red and stopped that behavior right there and then. LOL I admit, I never did that to my parents or my in-laws but my brother/SIL tried, we just laughed at him/them. It passes rather quickly most of the time, more often by the time the baby is 3 or so months old. Hopefully, Meghan realizes that her parents know more than she does. LOL

• Love 2

Vicki is the epitome of why people hate insurance agents.  Many agencies will pay and /or donate to a known, reputable charity to include their logo and maybe a phone number - nothing else.  She goes as far as doing commerciaIs promoting her products using scare tactics under the guise of being concerned and driven to help find a cure.  Is she giving up any of her commission to the charity?  I think not.  This is just a marketing scheme posing as a charity.  Makes me ill.

• Love 7
On ‎9‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 3:06 PM, jaync said:

Maybe I'm off base, but I could've sworn Jimmy cracked a quick smile when he realized there was only going to be one baby.

I think you may be off base.  Jim was a little slow on the uptake, as was I.  He was smiling at seeing the baby.  It wasn't until Meghan was crying that he realized there was just one.

On ‎10‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 9:32 PM, Anne Thrax said:

No, you're misstating my post.  I never said Meghan was selfish for wanting a child.  Had she married a man with no children (for example, someone her own age) or a man whose children were already raised to majority, I'd have no problem with it. 

What I said Meghan was selfish for was pushing HIM to make another one, when everyone can see his record for staying married and raising them to adulthood is zero for four.  THAT is what I have a problem with.  **

If you want a child, then DON'T marry a man who has a current responsibility to raise existing minor children -- and Jim has been a real failure at that.  Twice already.  He got divorced both times, and now he sees his kids whenever he can fit them in amongst all the other women and children in his life, not to mention his work commitments.  In my book that does NOT qualify as proper parenting.  And the odds of his making the same mistake again in this marriage are far greater than in his previous marriages.  Too selfish for words -- it's the prospect of Meghan's baby as the FIFTH one of Jim's kids growing up with divorced parents that worries me.

As for criticizing her sob-fest -- let's don't forget that everyone in the room knew or should have known that this was a gamble, especially because they chose a less viable embryo which they were informed the male was.  When someone bets the rent money on a crap game, I just cannot muster any sympathy for tears in the event they roll snake-eyes.

And since you brought up Meghan's step-children, I'm taking bets on how long she can maintain the fiction of her professed great love for them as if they were her very own once Baby Girl makes her debut.

**Since Jim is still married to his third wife, I guess his record for staying married is 1 win/2 losses, at least for now.  I'm not sure why you're implying he has bailed on raising his four children.  He seems to co-parent with his exes, pays child support, and spends half of his time with his children.  That seems to be what most divorced fathers, or even mothers, do.   I believe his two eldest are legal adults, and have to juggle their own schedules to make time for him.  It's called life.  Are all men punished for divorcing when there's children involved?  How about the women?  I imagine most men who divorce and then marry again tend to balance their current wife, their children from outside that marriage, and their job.  In fact, I've heard even women do that.

• Love 5