Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E01: Out Of Time

• Start Topic

After the defeat of the immortal villain Vandal Savage and the exposure of the corrupt Time Masters, a new threat emerges.  Dr. Nate Heywood, an unconventional and charming historian, is thrust into the action. After making a shocking discovery, Nate seeks out Oliver Queen for help in finding the scattered Legends.  Once reunited, the Legends continue their new mission to protect the timeline from temporal aberrations - unusual changes to history that spawn potentially catastrophic consequences. Their first stop is 1942 to protect Albert Einstein from being kidnapped before the Nazis destroy New York City with a nuclear bomb.  Meanwhile, Ray notices that Sara has a mission of her own, which leads them both to face her nemesis, Damien Darhk.

****Promo includes scenes from the four show crossover****

• Love 2

I'll admit during Ray and Sara's argument, I actually said "These 2 just need to hate bang and get it over."

The 2nd best season premiere of the CW superhero shows, sorry, it couldn't beat Supergirl's premiere.  Loved the JSA at the end, Oliver actually enjoying himself, Jefferson being groomed, and well everybody still being everybody.

Although, I did scoff at them saying there was nobody like Einstein, they just ignored Oppenheimer.

• Love 4

Rip was very Bond in the Einstein kidnapping scene. Darvill should look into that. 

Glad to see the bromance of Mick and Ray continues. Still miss Cold though. 

Jax and Stein, together and alone, are love. 

Sara not being in control was well played. 

I hope that's not the end of Rip. 

• Love 4

I really liked this episode. It's my favorite of the DC shows. It was really fun. I liked it better than Supergirl, because I like more the characters on this show.

I don't know what happened to RIp, but they didn't say he died. They could still find him hiding somewhere in time. So Jax was being groomed to take care of the ship, I didn't see anyone being groomed too lead the team. 

See Barry, Sara wanted to bring her sister back but when the world is at stake she does the right thing. Even if she went a little off the rails for a bit. I can forgive that since her sister just died. I did like her fight with Darhk and how he recognized her fighting style as LoA. 

I hope they don't hook up Ray and Sara. Ray's too boring for her. 

• Love 3

Is being really horny a side effect of resurrection? Geez Sara, go have your fun after you've saved history, not in the middle of it.

Reverse Flash should be able to annihilate the Legends in less than a second so hopefully they provide a good reason for his refusal to do so when the time comes.

• Love 1

Obvious question: Why didn't the Legends (blech) spend their last six months beating the crap out of Barry Allen for his ripping up of the space/time continuum? Or would Snart have to be alive for the group to truly dig in.

I understand getting the team back together, but I might have liked a retread of the old JLA story featuring the Seven Soldiers of Victory. I will nitpick Jefferson and Martin getting stuck together.

Sara Lance: Still The Official Jack Harkness Of The DC Televised Universe. I met Caity at Heroes & Villains Fest. I wonder if her love of hats will make the script.

I'm good with Nate, even with Oliver being dragged into the episode. "This is the payback for starring in the Ninja Turtles movie?" Not sure how somebody can be a "time detective" if "rewrites" go unnoticed by non-time traveling people (paging Ms. Diggle, Ms. Sara Diggle . . . )

Sara/Ray hatebanging? Seems too obvious. I'd give better odds at Einstein sealing the deal with the two ladies. Bright side? No Hawk People! Really, who cares about Kendra and whomever her soulmate is?

I'm also good with having Dark on board, though I refuse to give him the "h." It doesn't look as ridiculous as "Eobard," though. I would image Reverse Flash at his murder of Nora Allen a dozen times over, setting up lawn chairs and eating popcorn.

• Love 3

This show gets ripped on a lot but that was honestly really enjoyable. Still a little cheesy but it actually feels more like the show I thought I'd see in Season 1 now.

(The lack of the Hawks could have also played a large part of my enjoyment of this episode).

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, kdm07 said:

(The lack of the Hawks could have also played a large part of my enjoyment of this episode).

For me it wasn't JUST the Hawks (though they were a major contributing factor) it was them AND Savage. Without Savage looming over everything and their shared destiny getting in the way of any sort of interesting plot the show is a lot more fun.

Rip's presence will be greatly missed, for however long he's gone. Because of it, two of the three main reasons I was watching are gone (Snart being the other one). That just leaves Sara. Fortunately, so long as she is doing things kicking ass and seducing the queen of France, I'm good.  :)

Ray has actually grown on me, which is ironic considering his power set. I think part of my problem with him in the first season was how much he was paired up with Kendra. Nothing against the actress, I'm sure she's a fine person.

Mick is such a one note character, but damn if it Purcell isn't so much fun to watch. I always get a kick out of seeing actors enjoy themselves.

I'm not sure I understand how being a 21st mechanic makes Jax capable of repairing a time ship but sure, why not? It's really just to give the character something to do (when he's not on fire) isn't it?

• Love 7

They stuffed a lot in that episode. I like that Sara's the one running around bedding the ladies. Usually that role is for the men. 

I agree that the team seems more together without the Hawks and Savage. I liked Stein fanboying over meeting Einstein. 

• Love 4

So, to recap, due to Flashpoint, Barry has effectively screwed over three out of the four DC CW shows, with Supergirl only escaping his wrath because it's on a parallel earth. And what's worse is now we're stuck with the dull, and way overpowered Damien Darhk, who is now cruising along the timeline with Eobard Thawne, who -- because of Flashpoint -- is no longer trapped speedless in the year 2000.

Oh, Barry!

ddXCP21J1vUXu_zpscii6cbpz.gif

I did like this episode. I like the new guy, but something has got to be up with him, if he can detect alterations in the timeline, no matter how discreet.

I was surprised they scattered and unscattered the rest of the cast within this one episode. The search of them would have made a fun little arc, I think. Next week should be fun. I don't know much about the JSA, but they're a superhero team that's about to throwdown with Nazis, and that's always a good time in my book.

• Love 4

Without the Hawks and Savage, this was a fun episode. 

I'm hoping this Ray/Sara thing doesn't happen, as they are implying that it could. I like Ray and I love Sara, but I'm not into the two of them.

Rip was great this episode. Too bad he's now missing. I assume they'll find him at some point during the season, but it seems like he might be gone for a while. That disappoints me a lot. He really has a great presence on the team. And it sucks that he knew about his disappearance beforehand.

I liked the times that they went to, and I enjoyed Einstein. 

I enjoyed Mick's story to Nate and Oliver. It was a fun way to explain the events of what happened. I did laugh really hard at him pointing out to Oliver that it didn't take a genius to piece together the timeline of Oliver's rescue and the first sighting of "Robin Hood". Heh. 

I don't mind that Jefferson was being taught about the Waverider. At the very least, Jefferson's skills can help him to repair the ship more than anything. 

Honestly, I kind of wish this episode was a two-parter. I would have enjoyed seeing more of the Legends stuck in time, at least a little while longer. I get why they didn't, though.

• Love 4

I will nitpick Jefferson and Martin getting stuck together.

Doesn't their connection mean they can't be in separate times? I remember last season Jax came down with some rapid aging sickness and it was a big deal they had to send him to 2016 to try and save him.

That said, I love this crazy, ridiculous show. From the beginning in France, I was sucked back in.

Of course Sarah would corrupt the women of Salem. Jax's "magic mirror" phone. Einstein trying to pick up women. Anything goes.

Also love the interplay between the whole cast. You can tell they are more comfortable playing off each other.

Edited by MadyGirl1987
Quote didn't show.
  • Love 7

So glad to have this show back.  I really enjoyed this episode.  It was the same kind of fun that I loved last season with television's worst time travelers!

A lot to like here.  I particularly liked the first mission to France and liked Jax teasing Sara about bedding the queen.  I always appreciate when shows do something crazy like have Einstein as a character (It reminded me a little of the Star Trek The Next Generation two-parter with Mark Twain).  Heat Wave was funny as always.

I sincerely hope Rip is gone for long.  He might be the world's crappiest captain but he remains a great addition to this show.

don't know what happened to RIp, but they didn't say he died. They could still find him hiding somewhere in time. So Jax was being groomed to take care of the ship, I didn't see anyone being groomed too lead the team. 

You see, I thought Sara really established herself as the second-in-command of the crew and they often seemed to follow her lead.  I do like the idea of Jax being groomed for command though.

****ing Barry's stupidity and selfishness has now screwed the Legends and given them another threat to deal with.  Though I very much look forward to Eobard Thawne on this show.

Honestly, I kind of wish this episode was a two-parter. I would have enjoyed seeing more of the Legends stuck in time, at least a little while longer. I get why they didn't, though.

Agreed.

Edited by benteen
  • Love 3

Missed the first ten min, silly traffic! But I love this show. It's definitely not that good of a show from multiple perspectives, but gosh darn it is just such an enjoyable piece of entertainment. It makes me want to watch it despite its flaws.

I really wish they had spent more time finding their team members as I think that would have been a lot of fun. But I have faith that they will give us something fun with the JSA.

Loved how much fun all the characters are! Hands down Stein is still my favorite but everyone is just nailing it. 

Glad we got Darhk & Eobard. I love them as villains and they were mishandled on their previous shows but hoping they get handled properly here. Also really pumped to have multiple villains because I think part of what dragged in s1 was the obsession with Savage. This year we will have multiple ones.

Also who wants to bet that Malcolm Merlyn isthe mastermind behind this evil time traveling to mess with the timeline?

Bummer about Rip. But I think it will be good for the show to find its footing without him. Too much of s1 was about him too. A nice breather is nice.

Sara's turning into a female Jack Harkness. They think it's funny so I doubt this episode will be the last we see of it. I don't mind the humor but I do hope we see the show have Sara's use of sex as a situational relief (she was in the league and hooked with Nyssa and after her family dinner drama fight she hooked with Oliver so it seems in character), less as comic relief and more insight into her character. 

And I will miss Rip so I hope he's back soon. I love Arthur and I love Rip's love and annoyance at his legends.  

Edited by tarotx

I also wanted this to be a two-parter.

I like Athur Darville and I'll miss Rip. I'm hoping that Rip has time scattered himself and is shacked up with Jonah Hex. Now that Snart is gone, the only couple I ship is Rip and Jonah.

I loved that Oliver decided to peace out because he doesn't have the time to go look for his friends. I was like dude all you have is time; you're in a time machine. Rip had promised to bring them back a minute after they left. If Rip wasn't such a shit time captain, no one would have noticed that they were gone.

• Love 3

Wow.   I loved that.   A lot. 

A two parter would have been great. But this worked.   I like that Rip was grooming Jax for engineering, yes he's unqualified but he's more qualified than the rest of the team.   And while it wasn't shown, I think it's obvious that Sara has been the first officer during the past few months. 

Rip better not be dead, I wanna hope that he just didn't have time to tell Gideon where he was being sent to.

I also don't think the show was catering to lesbians by having Sara hook up with the Queen.   She has always been depicted as a bisexual more lesbian kinda girl.   And I totally see it as in character that she seduced the women of Salem, we don't know how long she was there, Ray had a full grown beard for Pete's sake. 

Oliver was more than a cameo, and I enjoyed it but I don't think he'd just leave sara and Ray missing and send someone else to figure it out, sure he has his own show but it's just not in character. 

• Love 2

When the crossover does happen im hoping that the first 20 minutes of it will be everyone from the various shows each taking turns beating the living daylights out of Barry Allen..each show's episode could even open with this lol

So once Vixen comes on board wonder who she will be shipped with..my guess is either it will be Ray,or maybe even Mick or Jax

• Love 3
3 hours ago, KirkB said:

I'm not sure I understand how being a 21st mechanic makes Jax capable of repairing a time ship but sure, why not? It's really just to give the character something to do (when he's not on fire) isn't it?

He's got the technical aptitude, the guy's been established as being smart,  there's a manual of sorts, and he's spent plenty of time on the ship, so he'd learn everything he could about it.  There's no doubt he'd be asking Gideon and Rip a lot of questions about the ship and how it worked.

• Love 6

I know that applying actual historical facts to this show is an exercise in futility, so I'll just give myself this one:

Applied nuclear physics was not Einstein's area of expertise. His main contribution was writing a letter to FDR saying that an atomic bomb was possible and should be investigated (and even that letter was Leo Szilard's idea.) And then it took a ton of brilliant folks years of research to do it.

But then, that whole plot point was a bit silly. If Eobard can pass out ray guns, I'm not sure why he can't pass out atomic bomb plans (or a bomb itself).

Another unforced error from Ray (the suit being "less radiation proof" than he thought?).  He was doing so well up to that point. 

Really tired of Damian Darhk (not a criticism of Neal McDonough, it's just that Darhk was on Arrow for what seemed like forever). But Sara makes everything better. I hope she gets to kill him, though I have no idea what that would do to the timeline or how they would handle it.

ETA: It would be cute if someone uses "like one of the Einsteins" on a different Arrowverse show.

Edited by Latverian Diplomat
  • Love 6

Ah, Legends of Tomorrow.  You maybe the goofy child of The CW DC Universe that probably can't be trusted to ever be taken seriously, but at least you are fun to watch (and not the screw-up of the family, like The Flash is becoming.)

I mean, really.  Is this episode alone, we have Martin punching out Einstein, Caveman Ray getting chased by a T-Rex, Jefferson using his cell phone and everyone thinking he's a wizard, Mick torching Nazis, and Sarah seducing (or being seduced by) the Queen of France and the women of Salem.  This is only just the first episode!  I can only imagine what other kind of craziness these guys are going to get into!

Especially since Dad seems to have left them or had something happen to him.  I doubt this is the end of Rip, but I do wonder how long he will be gone for.  On one hand, he's a sucky captain, but I kind of get a kick out of how frustrated he gets anytime he asks the team to not fuck up the timeline, and they just... fuck up the timeline.

So, the villains this time around consist of Damien and Eobard?  That is certainly an upgrade from stupid Vandal Savage.  I did notice Neal McDonough is only a special guest, while Matt Letscher is a regular, so I wonder if this means Eobard will be more significant then Damien.

Mick continues to slay with the one-liners.  Dominic Purcell might be limited in some aspects of his acting, but when he's on point, he can steal a scene.

Not enough of Sara beating fools down, but I'm sure we will get more of it later on.  Sara clearly is letting Laurel's death get the better of her on some levels.  I think Caity Lotz is doing a good job at showing that underneath all her bravado and cocky attitude, that Sara is hurting.

Not actually seeing Rex from last season's finale made it feel like they originally had a different plan for him, but Patrick J. Abrams wasn't available.

Not sure what to make of Nick Zano's historian character.

Justice Society of America, huh?  Recognized Stargirl!

Did Oliver Queen actually just say "I don't have time for time traveling!"  Oh, Oliver.

• Love 5

So Barry fucked it up for three shows now? Geeze. It makes it harder and harder to take that Flashpoint was such a letdown.

And now I really miss Snart even more. He was the one Legends character who had the closest connection to Barry. He could have made so many snarky remarks once they all really find out their new Baddies. 

Speaking of Snart, please for the love of God, no hooking up Sara and Ray now that Captain Canara is no longer a possibility. I can take the character more easily out of that atrocious romance with Kendra but him and Sara just do not work for me as a couple.

A lot of this episode was set-up with some amusing time-travelling pieces but I found it a bit too episodic at times. And I know this show has always been goofy but the Justice Society just reminded me too much of when the Big Bang charactes cosplay. It just looked way too goofy for my taste. 

Not sure what is up with that Rip buisness. I thought he was insanely incompetent last Season but as a character, I didn`t want him jettisoned.   

• Love 2

That was fun. No Rip and Cold? I'm going to miss them. Maybe they will come back later on? One can hope. I know it was 6 months later but I wish there was some mention of Cold.

Darkh and Eobard working together should be interesting. I will take them over Savage any day. At least they are competent villains.

Edited by twoods
  • Love 3

I loved that Oliver decided to peace out because he doesn't have the time to go look for his friends. I was like dude all you have is time; you're in a time machine. Rip had promised to bring them back a minute after they left. If Rip wasn't such a shit time captain, no one would have noticed that they were gone.

In fairness, Oliver gets on that timeship they might end up bringing him back months later.  It's not like Doctor Who, where the Doctor can bring you back seconds after you left.  True, Rip's ship can do that but it doesn't end up working that way.  Last season Ray, Kendra and Sara ended up spending two years in the past and who knows how long they spent in the past this episode judging by Ray's beard.  Speaking of which, that would probably make Ray and Sara at least 2 1/2 to 3 years old than what their ages should be in 2016.

• Love 4

A Good hour of TV

Impressed by Nate, he fits right in, bye bye Ripcage✌.

He's got the technical aptitude, the guy's been established as being smart,  there's a manual of sorts, and he's spent plenty of time on the ship, so he'd learn everything he could about it.  There's no doubt he'd be asking Gideon and Rip a lot of questions about the ship and how it worked.

???

11 hours ago, Jediknight said:

I'll admit during Ray and Sara's argument, I actually said "These 2 just need to hate bang and get it over."

The 2nd best season premiere of the CW superhero shows, sorry, it couldn't beat Supergirl's premiere.  Loved the JSA at the end, Oliver actually enjoying himself, Jefferson being groomed, and well everybody still being everybody.

Although, I did scoff at them saying there was nobody like Einstein, they just ignored Oppenheimer.

... and the entire Manhattan Project.  Both the Einsteins were geniuses, but I would think that getting someone who was actually in the process of building the bomb would make more sense.  

But if they did that, we wouldn't have had Stein the fanboy.  Fawning over Oppenheimer just wouldn't be the same.  

• Love 3

I don't think Sara's being used to cater to lesbians, Sara's always used sex to deal with her issues. When she was younger she ran to Oliver and now it's whoever is willing and available. She also doesn't like women being oppressed by men and in Puritan Salem they were, she probably just showed them that they can have fun. It doesn't even mean she slept with all of them, her influence could've made them speak up more or do more things for themselves instead of the men. The men in the village would not like that. 

For Ray to get that beard, they had to be in those times for a couple months. Ray and Sara are going to be like 50 by the end of the season. Lol. 

The new guy was okay so far. But it's Vixen I want to see. We have enough male characters on these shows. 

• Love 8
8 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

He brought them back months later to prevent Sara from dying along with Laurel. 

• Love 1

Loved that episode. Mad as hell but with this show you expect it by now.

I don't think Rip will be gone for too long to be honest but seeing the gang without him for a bit could do the show a bit of a favour as well.

Nate fits in well enough with the gang but the male/female ratio is still really off with this show. Nice to see Amaya and the rest of the Justice Society at the end of this episode too.

Sara really was seducing women all over the place. The queen of France and the ladies of Salem? While her attempt to take out Damien was ill advised, I did like the scenes with her and Ray though.

The Legion of Doom being set up is a step up from Savage. Missed Snart but not the Hawks to be honest.

Loved Einstein and the various times we saw this week, 8/10

0.6 is actually pretty average for the CW. 

Their 2 new shows No Tomorrow and Frequency are doing far worse. I just hope it stays steady. Otherwise it's the cost per episode that can hurt it. 

Edited by Sakura12
19 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

I'm good with Nate, even with Oliver being dragged into the episode. "This is the payback for starring in the Ninja Turtles movie?" Not sure how somebody can be a "time detective" if "rewrites" go unnoticed by non-time traveling people (paging Ms. Diggle, Ms. Sara Diggle . . . ).

He said part of it was information from his friend who is a quantum physicist, so I guess they are saying there's some effects to be noticed at the quantum level.  I hope we meet his friend and he's a version of the Ryan Choi Atom.

• Love 1
20 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

See Barry, Sara wanted to bring her sister back but when the world is at stake she does the right thing. Even if she went a little off the rails for a bit. I can forgive that since her sister just died. I did like her fight with Darhk and how he recognized her fighting style as LoA. 

I hope they don't hook up Ray and Sara. Ray's too boring for her. 

I can't really give Sara props on putting off her plans to kill Darhk.  She's still going to try again so she's still screwing with the timeline to save her sister.

I do agree that Ray and Sara shouldn't happen.  In fact, I'd like this to be a romance free show. 

Is being really horny a side effect of resurrection? Geez Sara, go have your fun after you've saved history, not in the middle of it.

Yeah, I appreciate a woman with game but Sara's ability to bed women instantaneously is verging on being a super power.

13 minutes ago, maczero said:

I can't really give Sara props on putting off her plans to kill Darhk.  She's still going to try again so she's still screwing with the timeline to save her sister.

And honestly, it seems weird to me to give Sara a pass for trying to alter the timeline six months after learning her sister died because of her grief while blaming Barry for the impulsive act he did on the same night (or within a day or two anyway) that he saw his father murdered.

• Love 6

Not that I still want to talk about Barry, but Barry went back in time to save his mother that died like 16 years ago, not his father. And he did that in the first season and messed everything up then and still tried again. Until Sara actually kills Darkh in the past to save her sister, she's better than Barry. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, mrspidey said:

And did Sara seriously fight Darkh in the very same spot that she fought Vandal Savage in last season? Y'know, that port area with the crates and stuff?

Yes. I guess evil megalomaniacs are really drawn to that dock.

• Love 7

I think Sara hooking up with the queen was an early indication that she's still reeling from Laurel's death.  Sara has done some stupid stuff like sleep with off-limits people, but one of the traits of post-League of Assassins Sara is that she doesn't abandon her team to indulge in a selfish moment.  Would the other Legends have died without her?  Not necessarily but it was clear they were depending on her to complete her part of the mission and help out when the fighting started.  Instead she was off having sex with the queen.  She's not herself and is acting reckless in a way that she really hasn't been since before boarding the Queen's Gambit a decade ago.  Were Laurel still alive I imagine Sara may still have slept with the queen but would have waited until the mission was complete. 

Something tells me that dock will be playing many locations this season.  These shows do love reusing sets and they don't particularly care how obvious they are.

• Love 3