Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E10: Naked Truth

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

WAIT!  Now they are together again and looking at the wedding album.  Nick is actually acting human and seems interested in her.  Did the show bribe I'm to stay until the end?  If I were Sonia, I would never had gone back after he spoke to her last week.  They say liquor brings out the truth.  At this point, I don't know who or what to believe.  Stupid show.

I definitely think the show is f-ing with us and I don't doubt they may have done something to push them to keep up appearances.  I think they do that a lot.  It didn't work with Heather, though.

• Love 8
10 hours ago, Enero said:

Tom once again proves he's the most mature man out of the three. He seems very open and very honest.  He's actually had past relationships, with women, and seems to have tried to learn from those relationships.

I don't think Sonia is going back to her "marriage" with Nick. She hasn't put her ring back on and I don't believe I saw it in the previews. I think she's open to going through the steps to complete this process but that's about it.

Nick is once again lying about his desire for her to move back in. Please. He's full of sh*t.

I agree.  I think the problem with this show is, they are acting like these couples have been in a serious relationship, but there are some thing I don't get.

Why is Derek whiny, but Sonia isn't? 

I really didn't think what Nick said to Sonia was THAT bad, considering they haven't known each other that long.  It's like if some guy I knew for a few weeks said he wasn't into me; why should that upset Sonia if she and Nick are "strangers?" 

Why do people think that if you say something bad to a woman, it's worse than if you say something bad to a man?  It's not like we women are made of glass you know and if you say one mean thing to us, we'll just break in two, we're such emotional creatures.  Isn't that a reason many men say that women can't be in positions of power, because we're too emotional?  That's a lot of horseshit IMO.

I think Heather was trying to say that Derek wanted sex and she didn't, and that's why they broke up.  I don't think it was because of his smoking; Heather claimed that she wanted to take it slow, I guess that meant sex.

As for the sex between Nick and Sonia:   I think that everybody who goes on shows like this is looking to sell something, Nick is selling his tee shirts and Sonia is getting publicity for her non profit; Sonia also mentioned that she has done acting in the past.  I would not be a bit surprised if, when the cameras were gone, the two of them concocted this story to make themselves look interesting, and to keep this shit going for six weeks.   I keep saying it, nobody in their right mind would go on this show for any kind of pure motive; if this were a real experiment then maybe, but for a reality show, I don't think so. 

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 10
8 hours ago, ChristmasJones said:

I thought it was interesting that Heather was "allowed" to even hint about Derek expecting something physical early on and that being a source of their problems. I wonder if that was an even bigger problem for her than the smoking- and they edited her comments about smoking and the one comment about gambling in order to distract the audience from the sex issue.

At this point I trust NOTHING that I see on this show.  Why couldn't they just be honest with us and show us what really happens with these folks good bad or ugly???  It would be so much better!

YESSSSS....I caught that.  That was one of the board's theories about what we felt must have been missing stuff that went on off camera between Heather and Derek to piss her off so much that the show never breathed a word about.  Derek must have come on to her in a very bad way after she had already friend-zoned him and let him know about it, but whiny douche that he is he probably didn't give up and got really ugly when she didn't give in.

• Love 5

WTH .. I call Bullshit!  Nick & Sonia had sex?  

I'm not buying it either!

Sonia consistently says they haven't and Nick has no desire. Then suddenly as the show needs drama, Sonia says that they have and then Nick reluctantly says they have. I say this is all producer scripted.

• Love 2

I don't think the producers did anything; I think it was all Nick and Sonia, remember she used to act but gave it up to start her non profit. 

I don't feel, "oh, poor Sonia and mean Nick."  They don't even know each other.  I mean would Sonia burst into tears if some random dude said something nasty to her?  I consider Nick a random dude, I mean it's not like she's in love with him.  It's one thing if you are in a serious relationship and the guy says something mean, sure that will hurt you, but Nick is just some guy the show matched her with.  After this show is over she might never speak to or see him again.  This is fake, Sonia and Nick are there to push their brands.  The end.

• Love 7
10 hours ago, joyous said:

She's been complaining this whole time they haven't had sex.

Most if not all of the THs where Sonia talks about their lack of sex she's looked like this: 384BC4AE00000578-3787184-image-m-32_1473

So those were all filmed in one sitting (possibly a week or two in) and the show just keeps cutting the clips and soundbytes in. 

I believe they had sex, but I've never thought Nick was gay so it's an easier sell to me.  I also believe Sonia and Nick have equal reasons to be angry with (and hurt by) each other.  She put him in an uncomfortable position and grilled him about something he obviously didn't want to talk about, when he'd been drinking, and he reacted really poorly to it.  His reaction doesn't excuse her from the circumstances she created. 

• Love 7
10 hours ago, BunnySlippers said:

Nick is such a liar. When the pastor asked him about the fight, he tried to present it as if he'd just said something innocent and Sonia misinterpreted it and only heard what she wanted to hear (that he's not attracted to her). I think he's the kind of person who never takes responsibility for anything and tries to weasel his way out of everything. Similar to how, at the wedding, his mother asked him if he'd told Sonia that she was beautiful, and he said yes, even though he hadn't. Always taking the easy way out. And, like others have said, "I'm sorry if I hurt you" is not an apology. He did hurt her. He should have said, "I'm sorry that I hurt you."

Interesting, though, that they've been denying having had sex because Sonia didn't want to let people know. At least, it seemed like that's why he's been denying it, too (I guess they agreed to do that). Even more interesting that Sonia is missing the dogs and maybe now she wants one!

Oh, and one more thing: again, the experts paired these two to "help" each other! Groan.

I agree about Heather and Derek: enough already. But I guess they have to fill out the show somehow. Also, some have speculated that Derek might have come on to her and she spurred his advances, and that was definitely how it seemed tonight, judging by what Heather said. It seemed like that was one of her big issues.

It was nice to see Tom doing housework! I still don't like him very much, but yes, he's the most normal out of the three men!

10 hours ago, Marsupial said:

Agreed, Empress. Nick does not give a crap about Sonia and is probably just shocked, like most bullies are, that his victim stood up to him and continues to do so. Yes, she agreed to look at those stupid pictures--clearly under pressure from the experts--but she isn't moving back in and it's clear she's as "disgusted" with him as she says she is.

Good. She should stick to her guns and stay far away from that asshole. Any shred of sympathy I had for Nick is gone, especially after the way he lied about their level of intimacy. "I don't kiss and tell." That's bullshit. I also didn't like Sonia going along with it like it was some sign of respect to her that he didn't "kiss and tell." Are you freaking serious? This is your WIFE, you don't need to defend her honor and pretend she's a virgin. You are married, dumbasses.

Nick also lied about the fight, and about what exactly he said, making it all seem like he just made a normal comment in a normal marital argument and his crazy wife overreacted, that whole wide-eyed, "Gosh, I have no idea why she got so angry!" That particular tactic is a favorite of abusive bullies, and I'm starting to believe that that's just what Nick is. It goes along with his refusal to say anything nice to Sonia about her looks, personality, talents or anything else. Run, Sonia, run fast and far.

8 hours ago, film noire said:

I think the reason Tom looks mature, is that he is really into Lily.  When he said she was gorgeous while she was putting on makeup, I think he really meant it.

At this point it does not matter if Nick is gay, straight, or asexual..he does not like Sonia.  I mean, I do not think he respects her very much and this relationship is as dead as Heather and Derek's marriage. 

I wonder what is going on with Heather and Derek....said no one ever.  For whatever reason they were a disaster and should never be in the same room together ever again.

Nick and Sonia having sex is just bizarre and uncomfortable.  I do not believe he was protecting her honor, in so much as he just did not want to come off as a jerk...way too late for that.

Sonia having sex with that withdrawn, emotionally shutdown killjoy is so sad -- girl, get a grip! (no, not on THAT -- on your self esteem). And then she's eating lunch with the man who pissed all over her? WTF? Is this "Married at First Slight?"  WHY? And Pastor Calvin (never a fan of his I admit) but sir, throwing the old Norse meaning of "husband" at a man who wears his sunglasses backward on his neck (where his real eyes are) is a waste of all our time. He's still on day Five.  

A husband is a band that holds the house...the pastor is quite the wordsmith.  The best part of that was Nick's wtf expression.

Edited by qtpye
  • Love 8

Personally I think there is major editing going- by the producers AND Nick/Sonia.  I don't care they hid the sex from everyone. 

I think both of them are equally at fault so...

Nick never appeared gay to me.

And I think they have a deeper relationship than most of us realize but it is away from the cameras...I remember both of them talking about how uncomfortable the cameras made them in previous episodes. Look at what we are being shown weekly and then suddenly we are told they are having sex.  Multiple times....

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Neurochick said:

I don't think the producers did anything; I think it was all Nick and Sonia, remember she used to act but gave it up to start her non profit. 

I don't feel, "oh, poor Sonia and mean Nick."  They don't even know each other.  I mean would Sonia burst into tears if some random dude said something nasty to her?  I consider Nick a random dude, I mean it's not like she's in love with him.  It's one thing if you are in a serious relationship and the guy says something mean, sure that will hurt you, but Nick is just some guy the show matched her with.  After this show is over she might never speak to or see him again.  This is fake, Sonia and Nick are there to push their brands.  The end.

Maybe. I have. I've been getting harassed on the street since I was eleven years old (early bloomer), and I can think of a number of times I've cried over the things men - strangers - have said and done. Not every time - as I said, it's been happening for many years now, so you do develop a thick skin, but when it's been particularly egregious and/or I've felt afraid for my safety, yeah, I've cried about it. (Never in front of the harasser though.)

Also, when you feel like something is promising and then you learn that it isn't, it stings. (Not just romantically, either - e.g. a job interview that went well for a job that you were excited about, and then you find out you didn't get it.) It may not cut you to the quick like your spouse of 20+ years walking out on you, but when you're interested in moving forward with someone and they tell you they're not interested in continuing to know you, it's like a paper cut. Minor injury and something from which you can recover quickly, but it hurts nonetheless. It's not just people that you know well that can hurt you.

2 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Tom sitting on the beach telling Lily he has big, dirty, hairy feet and nothing is ever gonna change that. WTF? You can't make this stuff up, folks.  

I laughed at that. Big, no, nothing will change that. I have big feet too, and hands. I'm tall, big hands and feet run in my family, it is what it is. [shrug]. Hairy, he could change if he wants to, although the idea of shaving one's feet sounds weird to me. I guess it's no weirder than shaving any other part but it sounds weird. Dirty? Yeah, that can and should change daily. Wash your feet, Tom.

Re: whether Nick and Sonia keeping sex a secret is producer-driven ... I'm more cynical than most people, I've worked in media, and I watched a season and a half of UnREAL, but also ... Occam's Razor. I think Sonia probably didn't want to blast her sex life on TV (if I recall correctly, Vanessa was sheepish about admitting it too), asked Nick to keep it on the low, and since Nick is passive in general, he went with it. It seemed to me that he admitted they had sex after he knew that Sonia had admitted it.

• Love 14

Why did Derek have that letter in the bar with his bros? Really? He couldn't just tell his bros what the letter said? He needed the visual aid? I hope that was producer intervention and he's not carrying that letter around (much like still wearing his wedding ring). That whole bar scene was like a badly acted high school play.

• Love 11
10 hours ago, ChristmasJones said:

I thought it was interesting that Heather was "allowed" to even hint about Derek expecting something physical early on and that being a source of their problems. I wonder if that was an even bigger problem for her than the smoking- and they edited her comments about smoking and the one comment about gambling in order to distract the audience from the sex issue.

I called that one a few weeks ago. She was waayy too offended for it just to be an annoyance, like him smoking a joint.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Nick is not a random dude. He is her husband, even if it's just a reality show marriage, and, apparently, they'd had sex before. So to hear him shout that he doesn't like her and doesn't find her attractive?  I don't see how that couldn't have hurt her. And I think she did like him before, and wanted this to work. Just because she used to do some acting doesn't mean that her only reason for doing this show is because she wants an acting gig. Would-be actors are humans, too, and they want to find love, too.  And I haven't seen her hawking her nonprofit organization, so I'm not sure why her working for a nonprofit matters.

9 hours ago, Empress1 said:

Maybe. I have. I've been getting harassed on the street since I was eleven years old (early bloomer), and I can think of a number of times I've cried over the things men - strangers - have said and done. Not every time - as I said, it's been happening for many years now, so you do develop a thick skin, but when it's been particularly egregious and/or I've felt afraid for my safety, yeah, I've cried about it. (Never in front of the harasser though.)

Also, when you feel like something is promising and then you learn that it isn't, it stings. (Not just romantically, either - e.g. a job interview that went well for a job that you were excited about, and then you find out you didn't get it.) It may not cut you to the quick like your spouse of 20+ years walking out on you, but when you're interested in moving forward with someone and they tell you they're not interested in continuing to know you, it's like a paper cut. Minor injury and something from which you can recover quickly, but it hurts nonetheless. It's not just people that you know well that can hurt you.

I laughed at that. Big, no, nothing will change that. I have big feet too, and hands. I'm tall, big hands and feet run in my family, it is what it is. [shrug]. Hairy, he could change if he wants to, although the idea of shaving one's feet sounds weird to me. I guess it's no weirder than shaving any other part but it sounds weird. Dirty? Yeah, that can and should change daily. Wash your feet, Tom.

Re: whether Nick and Sonia keeping sex a secret is producer-driven ... I'm more cynical than most people, I've worked in media, and I watched a season and a half of UnREAL, but also ... Occam's Razor. I think Sonia probably didn't want to blast her sex life on TV (if I recall correctly, Vanessa was sheepish about admitting it too), asked Nick to keep it on the low, and since Nick is passive in general, he went with it. It seemed to me that he admitted they had sex after he knew that Sonia had admitted it.

I agree with all this.

Edited by BunnySlippers
  • Love 12
51 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

I get crying because of street harassment, especially if a girl is very young, it can be frightening, I've been harassed on the street since I was 14 and sometimes even now that I'm in my fifties (now I just laugh because it's usually men old enough to be MY father).

I can see crying if something was promising and then you don't get it, but I don't believe that Sonia felt that way.  I still think both she and Nick are there to sell their brands.

• Love 1

I don't even know what nonprofit Sonia works for. All I've heard her say about work is that she teaches a parenting class for foster parents. I can't recall her using a company name. If she's promoting something, she's bad at it IMO.

• Love 18
8 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

I don't even know what nonprofit Sonia works for. All I've heard her say about work is that she teaches a parenting class for foster parents. I can't recall her using a company name. If she's promoting something, she's bad at it IMO.

Same with Nick if it wasn't for these boards I would have never noticed his shirts and it also hasn't occurred to me to look up his air bnb properties and I think that's typical for most viewers who aren't posting or reading about shows they watch.

• Love 7

At

4 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

At our local community colleges there are Foster Care programs. State controlled with all kinds of guidelines that require serious class instruction for foster parents, instructors and admin. Sonja's job, depending on her level of involvement, could very well afford her a reasonable lifestyle. 

First episode that I really like Tom and Lilly. I thought they were genuine and fun to watch.

I couldn't believe Rachel's face when she was counseling Derek. She had a STFU look on her face like she just wanted him to hurry up and be done. Really interesting approach for a "counseling" expert. 

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, ethalfrida said:

At

At our local community colleges there are Foster Care programs. State controlled with all kinds of guidelines that require serious class instruction for foster parents, instructors and admin. Sonja's job, depending on her level of involvement, could very well afford her a reasonable lifestyle. 

When she and Nick were talking money, she stated that she makes $45K annually. That doesn't go very far where I live, unless you have minimal debt and the cost of living here is nothing like Florida. That said, she could make it work, if her credit card and student loan payments are fairly low. Then her other big budget items would be rent and her car. Her apartment was nice, but she's not living in a high rise like Heather. So her rent might be reasonably low , especially if her apartment is not in a premium neighborhood. Her car could be a rental for the show or if it is hers it could have been bought used which would also keep the notes manageable. 

I mean would Sonia burst into tears if some random dude said something nasty to her?  I consider Nick a random dude, I mean it's not like she's in love with him.

When did Sonia burst into tears over Nick's assery? Maybe I missed a scene, but I didn't see her shed not one tear over Nick's "disgusting" behavior. The way people pegged her as tremulous, you'd think she'd be a complete basket case by now, but not so. In fact, she's been quite the trooper. I think her expressions have shown that she was hurt and even pissed, but no tears. 

I do agree though. This show is brimming with fakeness. 

Edited by Enero
  • Love 15

Pastor whoever (I do like him better than that guy last year) just makes up stuff.  The origin of husband is a merger of the old Norse words for house and tiller of the soil.  This is why we call caring for animals and crops "husbandry."   I get what he was saying, but don't insult our intelligence by making up bs reasons.  

I suspected there was a sexual component with Derek and Heather because Derek complained more than once that he hadn't even gotten sex making it seem to me that he thought sex was a given considering they were married.  Heather has her issues, but Derek is so aggressive and blaming that it makes it hard for me to fault Heather for drawing away. 

• Love 7
  12 hours ago, ChristmasJones said:

At this point I trust NOTHING that I see on this show.  Why couldn't they just be honest with us and show us what really happens with these folks good bad or ugly???  It would be so much better!

YESSSSS....I caught that.  That was one of the board's theories about what we felt must have been missing stuff that went on off camera between Heather and Derek to piss her off so much that the show never breathed a word about.  Derek must have come on to her in a very bad way after she had already friend-zoned him and let him know about it, but whiny douche that he is he probably didn't give up and got really ugly when she didn't give in.

I saw from the beginning that Heather was uncomfortable with the way Derek was immediately very demonstrative. Would she have been less uncomfortable if she found him more attractive? Quite possibly. But given how he didn't seem to pick up on her 'step back, slow down' vibes, I can definitely see him assuming she'd be more open to touching on their honeymoon "We're a married couple!" than she was "I don't know you, don't touch me!".

Also. Sonia: listen to your gut. Nick is not the man to trust with your romantic dreams.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, qtpye said:

A husband is a band that holds the house...the pastor is quite the wordsmith.  The best part of that was Nick's wtf expression.

The second best part of this whole storyline was the pastor's expression when Sonia divulged that they had actually had sex.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, BunnySlippers said:

Nick is not a random dude. She is her husband, even if it's just a reality show marriage, and, apparently, they'd had sex before. So to hear him shout that he doesn't like her and doesn't find her attractive?  I don't see how that couldn't have hurt her. And I think she did like him before, and wanted this to work. Just because she used to do some acting doesn't mean that her only reason for doing this show is because she wants an acting gig. Would-be actors are humans, too, and they want to find love, too.  And I haven't seen her hawking her nonprofit organization, so I'm not sure why her working for a nonprofit matters.

This! 

• Love 7
15 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

WAIT!  Now they are together again and looking at the wedding album.  Nick is actually acting human and seems interested in her.  Did the show bribe I'm to stay until the end?  If I were Sonia, I would never had gone back after he spoke to her last week.  They say liquor brings out the truth.  At this point, I don't know who or what to believe.  Stupid show.

I found this episode to be a total bore-fest.  I almost fell asleep.  Even Pepper took a back seat in this one.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, BunnySlippers said:

Nick is not a random dude. She is her husband, even if it's just a reality show marriage, and, apparently, they'd had sex before. So to hear him shout that he doesn't like her and doesn't find her attractive?  I don't see how that couldn't have hurt her. And I think she did like him before, and wanted this to work. Just because she used to do some acting doesn't mean that her only reason for doing this show is because she wants an acting gig. Would-be actors are humans, too, and they want to find love, too.  And I haven't seen her hawking her nonprofit organization, so I'm not sure why her working for a nonprofit matters.

I think you mean "she is his wife." 

IMO I can't believe that any sane person would go on a reality show seriously thinking that they could find true love.  And this reality show isn't even on one of the "big four" networks.  It looks pretty low budget to me. 

As for her non profit, she always mentions it on her Twitter page.  Sure would be actors are human, but I doubt most of them would go on a reality show to find love.  If anything, they go on a reality show for their 15 minutes of fame. 

I wouldn't say this if this were a REAL experiment, but this show is about a real as a $3 bill.

As for Heather, I am more sure now that Derek tried to put the moves on her, on the honeymoon.  Heather wasn't having it because he's a stranger; I mean sure they're legally married, but why should Heather sleep with a guy she barely knows?  I think Heather is over the show and is only sticking around probably because of the contract she signed.  I knew she was done when they showed her going to work, right after saying she wanted a divorce.  I'm sure she's figured out this show is fake.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, CindyK said:

If Sonia and Nick agreed not to reveal they had sex, but Sonia revealed it anyway, how is Nick the bad guy for continuing to deny it? And, if Nick was the one who insisted that they keep it a secret, what does it say about Sonia that she went along with it? Or, was it Sonia's idea? Maybe it's down to editing, but this whole thing is very odd.

The fact that they had sex and conspired to keep it a secret from the experts and viewers, has left me feeling duped.  Wonder whose idea it was. So now, I am questioning the authenticity of the show.  I can’t help but believe this wasn’t the first time viewers were deceived. 

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

The fact that they had sex and conspired to keep it a secret from the experts and viewers, has left me feeling duped.  Wonder whose idea it was. So now, I am questioning the authenticity of the show.  I can’t help but believe this wasn’t the first time viewers were deceived. 

I thought it was kinda sweet they kept a very important part of their relationship private.  And I liked his reason... but I also remember them both saying how hard it was to talk in front of the cameras.  I think there is more to them than we are being shown.  

The producers choose what to show us.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, Jellybeans said:

I thought it was kinda sweet they kept a very important part of their relationship private.

I think it would've gone over better if the show hadn't constantly replayed the TH of Sonia complaining about Nick's lack of affection.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, RocketGirl said:

I think it would've gone over better if the show hadn't constantly replayed the TH of Sonia complaining about Nick's lack of affection.

I agree...and I suspect it was an older one, and all filmed at the same time.

• Love 3

Nick is a complete and utter a-shat.  He outright lied to the Pastor's face about the "argument."  Sonia didn't ask him if he found her attractive and he answered honestly, he drunkenly yelled it out at a pushy production assistant and Sonia overheard him.  And his non-apology apology was the absolute worst.  They are both so done with this "marriage," it's painful to even watch them try. 

Hey, Nick?

forever_alone_by_foreveraloneplz.png

This show just blows.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I really didn't think what Nick said to Sonia was THAT bad, considering they haven't known each other that long.  It's like if some guy I knew for a few weeks said he wasn't into me; why should that upset Sonia if she and Nick are "strangers?" 

I think Heather was trying to say that Derek wanted sex and she didn't, and that's why they broke up.  I don't think it was because of his smoking; Heather claimed that she wanted to take it slow, I guess that meant sex.

I think the reason it was taken so badly was because they were physically intimate (I think they were).  I get it.  I would be upset too if someone thought I was perfectly fine to bang but then said to a bunch of cameras that they not only didn't find me attractive but didn't even like me.  That's a major ouch.  

So I'm completely on Sonia's side with regard to that.  Nick didn't have to word it that way and he certainly didn't have to say it to the cameras, especially after she was trying to get him to talk to her.  Which I understand is an issue on its own.

If the issue with Heather and Derek was one wanted a physical relationship immediately and one didn't, why not say that?  Insinuating that someone is an addict of some kind is far worse than someone who has a sexual drive or desire.  And why not get the so-called experts in on this immediately?  Why aren't these couples counseled on this BEFORE they marry?  Are they even asked about this?   And would your new husband - - even someone who is a (dum dum dum) STRANGER!! - - asking for sex on your wedding night disgust you so much that you would be done and over with it after that?  I'm just not seeing that unless Derek wanted to invite a few friends and some barnyard animals to join them while they donned their rubber suits and chained each other to the walls.  Then I could see that you might think "we can NEVER be married."  But otherwise?  Something stinks in suburbia.

Tom and Lily are definitely coming across as though they have been together for longer than a month.  I know a lot of people here don't like Tom but I do.  He seems very patient and thoughtful.  I loved that he squeezed Lily's toothpaste to mess with her.  It made me laugh.  And I liked that he called his own feet "hairy, hobbit feet."   

• Love 12
5 hours ago, Snarklepuss said:

I think Nick realized that he had to suddenly appear to "get on board" with the relationship after Sonia walked out so now he's acting the part of someone who actually gives a shit.  Anything else would have made him look really bad.  He almost messed up the charade under the "truth serum" of alcohol so now he has to pull out all the stops to counter that.  Why Sonia is buying this is beyond me.  She may be suffering from a "hope springs eternal" attitude sort of like Jaclyn in season 2.   I think Sonia is convinced that having sex just scared him but that he really does find her attractive.  She thinks he is just shy about admitting it like she is which is why they lied to the cameras. Yeah, dream on, sistah. I feel sorry for her.

Which Nick is full of shit on being shy. Its one of those excuses he throws out there when things aren't going the way he wants or to get it to go how he wants. Just like the needing to have drinks to open up. No you are a sorry pathetic drunk dude that is just trying to sell your crap on tv. I have no idea if Sonia is trying for an acting career to come from this or not but if by chance that is the case I can't see that happening....and more so considering the channel its on and what the show is. LOL I can't comment on the other part of things with the no profit since where it is mentioned is not part of this thread or I would...I will just SMH at them both. And he is so pathetic to think nothing takes work. How is it that these experts do not see that he was drinking before meeting up? He sounded like a few words slurred out there. Why is it Sonia had to go to the rental to meet up with the Pastor? If she wasn't there wouldn't it have made sense to go to her place then see if she wanted to talk to Nick and set that at a later time?OMG that Pastor is such a joke for his reasons for what they should learn from each other bs. Dude go find another reality show to do. I can't stand this guy....or the rest of them but the reasons for them together and how they should learn to either be more open or more cold is stupid. Yes he didn't say it that way but that is basically what he was saying. Then all his other BS he was spouting. Wow... Rachel with how he should say things in a more kind manner and to be saying things from a place of kindness...LMAO That word doesn't register for him. I do wonder if the sex that had was always when he was drunk as well...which just the fact of how much he is should be a red flag to her since its the only time he seems to open his mouth and say things and do things. I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't want it out there more than her. Sorry but still not seeing it with them unless booze was involved. His apology was a joke. It wasn't even said as one but she was suppose to just accept it. I wish that these idiot "experts" would quit acting like these couples were married for many years already. Just stop already. Even being married as long as I have, I don't need to hear the crap they spout. Its nothing people with common sense don't already know. The problem is they want these people to stick anything and everything out no matter what it is and how bad it can be. They are don't seeing things for what they are in most these cases...which is there is nothing between the matches most the time. 

Derek needs to get a clue. He was short changed and frustrated by the letter? Boy he needs to take a good look in the mirror about what he has done to make all his relationships fail. Man up already and quit whiny and trying to get pity. Its not going to be happening. That carrying the letter around is pathetic and had to have been producer driven to just fill the time. Which is why they had him and his friends out drinking. UGH To much junk with them though. There was no reason for that stupid letter to each other and no reason to have them meet again either. I still say there is more to what went on between them than they will say for whatever reason(s). I get not discussing the pot because of it being illegal...even though it was beyond obvious but still.....it can't just be that and him wanting sex. Was there worse behavior that happened off camera by him? Or was it how he pushed his wanting sex? Or did he keep pushing that and she had asked for him not to? 

The whole long term conversations.....sometimes those kind of things just pop up in talks over time and are not always a sit down and talk only about that. I know my husband will say something out of the blue about the future and I have as well. We don't normally sit around and never have saying this should happen or that should. More so since things do change over time and so do wants/needs/desires. If Lily is truly putting Tom in her daddy category she needs to get a clue. He left when she was an adult and there was probably issues there that it was just a stick it out together until all the kids were adults. It happens. I think all she should worry over is if he misses his bus and could handle not living on it past this 6 weeks. LOL Its good that Lily gets that Tom talking about his dad is a sensitive subject. I know my husband is pretty similar with that kind of dad situation but he doesn't even know his. He knows who he is and he has other siblings (which he talked to one many years ago once) but its not something I bring up to him at all. He looked to a couple of his uncles as who he wanted to be as a man in life because they are good husbands/fathers. There are those times when I have wondered if he wants to ever speak to him or know his siblings he has or if they want to even know him but its not something to just bring up. Its one of those touchy subjects that its best for them to open up and discuss it if they want and when they want. Which I will say its a thing mentioned once in a great while. And he had to do the same thing with learning to cook at an early age as well because he is the older child and his mom worked. So he would cook for his sister and himself. While it does suck for anyone to have to do certain things at a young age, it also can make them a better person because of it...if that is the path they take. Its nice to have a spouse that can cook and take the turn doing so at times. At this point its to bad the show isn't more on them and less on the other 2 couples. Still not sold 100% on them yet but some of what he has said (the bathroom talk, the hobbit feet, toothpaste) are things I can see joked about and said/done around my place, and they are just more natural like. 

• Love 2

Nick didn't have to word it that way and he certainly didn't have to say it to the cameras, especially after she was trying to get him to talk to her.  Which I understand is an issue on its own.

But it's not like he said it intentionally and calmly. He tried to remove himself from the situation because he knew he was at his boiling point, and the producer (probably deliberately) provoked him. It was a very UnREAL moment. And even then, he didn't say it to Sonia. He said it to wherever talking heads are filmed, and we're all still a little unclear on exactly what she overheard/didn't overhear. I would hope those one-on-ones are somewhere not easily overheard, but it doesn't seem to have been the case.

I don't blame Sonia for being hurt at all because feelings are what they are, and it's never fun to hear someone say they don't like you or find you attractive. But I don't think Nick should be judged the same as if he said it to Sonia when he was actually trying hard to NOT say it to Sonia. And Nick's not a bad guy for not being interested in Sonia--IMHO, the expert are the bad guys for pretending that this show is anything other than an exploitative reality TV circus.

• Love 7

I think it's safe to assume that all of Derek and Heather's segments are producer-driven - the show is inventing reasons for them to still be on it. IRL these folks would just move on with their lives like the couples that split on decision day do, but the show has them contractually obligated to film a certain schedule. It's funny to me that the show is using "they were married" as a reason to keep them in contact. I know personally and know of formerly married couples that haven't spoken since their divorce (they don't have kids, obviously). I remember when an acquaintance of mine got divorced, he said it was weird that he'd been a couple with his ex-wife for ten years and now he didn't even know where she lived. Actually, I'm not sure than any of the divorced couples I know that split without having kids together are in regular contact.

• Love 5
17 hours ago, operalover said:

I'm really confused- did I miss an episode? I did see last weeks. When did Nick throw the tantrum and say he wasn't attracted to her an never would be? 

I was confused too.  I had to go back to the episode before this and ff to almost the end.  He sounded like he'd been drinking.  I guess I tuned them out the last time I watched.

2 minutes ago, Zuleikha said:

But it's not like he said it intentionally and calmly. He tried to remove himself from the situation because he knew he was at his boiling point, and the producer (probably deliberately) provoked him. It was a very UnREAL moment. And even then, he didn't say it to Sonia. He said it to wherever talking heads are filmed, and we're all still a little unclear on exactly what she overheard/didn't overhear. I would hope those one-on-ones are somewhere not easily overheard, but it doesn't seem to have been the case.

I don't blame Sonia for being hurt at all because feelings are what they are, and it's never fun to hear someone say they don't like you or find you attractive. But I don't think Nick should be judged the same as if he said it to Sonia when he was actually trying hard to NOT say it to Sonia. And Nick's not a bad guy for not being interested in Sonia--IMHO, the expert are the bad guys for pretending that this show is anything other than an exploitative reality TV circus.

I think she heard him say he didn't find her attractive or whatever it was he said when he walked out the door. I don't think she heard the TH part though unless he was loud enough (which he could have been) for her to hear it. The probably isn't that he isn't into her but that he was saying one thing (and doing one thing supposedly) while not really finding her attractive at all and liking her. IF it had been done differently, such as..he hadn't been lying about his finding her attractive and sleeping with her (still think it was a drunken couple moments that happened in) it wouldn't come off as it is for him. If he had just said upfront he wasn't feeling it and could they just be friends, and in a manner that wasn't drunk and asshole like, it would have been a HUGE difference on how he came off. Yet its not what happened. Nick is just not a good guy at all no matter what IMO. He has so many issues that he should be working on before being in a relationship with anyone guy/girl/both. He really needs to lay off the booze and learn to deal with things without it. That isn't helping him at all. He will have to learn one day that you have to put work into many different things in life and I don't think he gets that because he has never had to do so. His comments on that not having to work at it was pretty telling I thought. 

6 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

I think it's safe to assume that all of Derek and Heather's segments are producer-driven - the show is inventing reasons for them to still be on it. IRL these folks would just move on with their lives like the couples that split on decision day do, but the show has them contractually obligated to film a certain schedule. It's funny to me that the show is using "they were married" as a reason to keep them in contact. I know personally and know of formerly married couples that haven't spoken since their divorce (they don't have kids, obviously). I remember when an acquaintance of mine got divorced, he said it was weird that he'd been a couple with his ex-wife for ten years and now he didn't even know where she lived. Actually, I'm not sure than any of the divorced couples I know that split without having kids together are in regular contact.

Agree. There is no other reason for it aside from the contracts. Acting like something could come from it this meeting and crap is producer and "expert" driven. Its a joke. As you said most couples that divorce move on and do not talk to each other again unless kids are involved. Even then its very limited in that contact and once the kids are adults that contact probably ends up to the point of not existing then. The whole thing is just stupid. Heather is wanting to move on and Derek wants to stay on the pity me train for as long as he can milk it. We get it already but we want to move on from them. 

• Love 1

The more we learn about Sonia the more everything about her kind of makes sense, from the way she talks and her overall demeanor. She has kind of a "head in the clouds" sort of attitude if I am not mistaken. I thought it was funny that she tried to dress the part for a Hialeah strip mall restaurant but to me it seemed kind of like a characature of Latinas in the 90s - am i wrong? The dark purple lipstick and doorknocker earrings ? I thought those went out of style a couple decades ago? I know that a lot of people don't like Pastor Cal but I do like him, he has a one two punch style of giving advice. And call me crazy but Nick is suddenly getting more and more attractive in my eyes, i dont know is it that he is actually talking or that he finally has some life behind his eyes. Also one more thing, there always seems to be at least one person on this show who has major daddy issues, I think it is pretty uncouth of Lily to air out all of her family's personal problems with her father. No matter what happened, in my opinion it is disrespectful to tell the world, because they are still our parents. A lot of the other contestants come from divorced homes but they don't really talk open up about it to that extent (well, with Tom, I genuinely felt bad when he opened up that his dad left when he was a baby and he basically has no idea who he was growing up, that is incredibly sad). 

• Love 2

That was one of the shitiest non apologies I've seen.  He's not sorry for hurting her.  He's sorry mommy slapped his hand and told him he had to apologize.  Personally it would be extremely hurtful if I slept with a guy who then turned around and had a temper tantrum like a two year and screamed at me (and for the whole world to hear) that he didn't even like me and wasn't attracted to me.  I admire Sonia s restraint because that had to crush her.  I had an ex who used to pick me apart then feign an apology like Nick did. I'm sorry If u took what I said the wrong way.  I'm sorry if u got upset by what I said....  Sorry if u were offended by my words.. Never accepted responsibility that he deliberately said something that 99% of people would interpret as cruel or mean spirited.  I'm glad Sonia is standing her ground and not moving back in. 

Derek is still so childish and petty. Another man child who can't take responsibility for his part in the demise of his marriage. I know it was probably production driven but him being all butt hurt over that letter was dumb.  It seemed like the expert assigned to interviewing him  could not stand him.  Lily and Tom are cute but his reluctance to discuss the future worries me.  The fact that lily says he's afraid of commitment would send me running.  Not sure why he can't express his opinions on if he'd like children or what he hopes for in the future

• Love 5

I agree with Sonia in that they did have a breakthrough. There was so much tension between them neither knew what to do with, & they needed 'expert' intervention with more activities to keep them busy doing some actual bonding much earlier in the process - then maybe it wouldn't have escalated to the extent it did. The 'experts' should really take some responsibility here as well - they claim to always be there for these folks yet they this couple, who they paired as opposites to bring out the best in each other (yeah that worked-not), never got anything helpful from them on how to relate to each other, bring out the differences & use them positively.

Nick was pushed to lose it, & he gave everyone quite a show at Sonia's expense. Words hurt & now the damage is done. I do think Sonia is still attracted to Nick, but she rightfully doesn't trust him. To her I would say if she's staying in this - 'proceed with caution'. He did say 'friendship', & I doubt he'll ever want anything more from her, if that, after this ends.

As far as the sex goes I think they agreed to keep it a secret & he didn't know whether she admitted it so he didn't go ahead with that. In that they both lied, to the experts & to the viewers. Whatever it's not my business, but they signed up to do this publicly so therefore lost a lot of right to privacy. Another point on that is they couldn't be helped as appropriately if they don't know exactly what's going on & when in the relationship, so they may have sabotaged themselves a bit there.

Some posters have mentioned this & I did notice too, how Nick is definitely looking more alive now. He's using actual facial expressions, & speaking real words - & pretty clearly I might add. I think he even smiled a few times, so the shell may be cracking, albeit a bit too late.

I agree with the posters that say Derek just looks ridiculous carrying that letter around, acting like his wife of 10+ years has decided she's done with him. Dude, you barely knew each other - move along, nothing to see here. I didn't quite pick up on Heather mentioning any unwanted advances, but I do agree that definitely could've been a huge part of the problem, although I don't believe it was all of it, nor that we'll ever know what really went down with them.

Tom concerns me, & Lilly seems insecure. He seemed to me to gaslight her when she was expressing concern about him not wanting to discuss any future plans so he may want to leave her, so he told her she needs to work on her abandonment issues, or something like that? That really bothered me. I think she's right in that he has commitment issues & she has a right to be concerned, but she also can't worry about that all the time because there will never be ANY guarantee with anyone she is with that they will never leave, or hurt her enough so she may want to leave. It's just part of how people are unfortunately; we hurt each other. I feel for Lilly that way, but I hope she can get stronger to be able to handle whatever happens with whomever in her life.

Was it weird to anyone else that Tom talked about breaking up with his ex because she wanted a future with him, & he said they had too many issues to talk future plans, yet right after he signs up for this show to commit to another woman he knows nothing about? Rather, odd, no? I'm just not sure about him. I do like that he cleans though.

Edited by gonecrackers
I like that Tom cleans.
  • Love 6

The fact that they had sex and conspired to keep it a secret from the experts and viewers, has left me feeling duped.

They also didn't seem very close at all. So how they went from basically Craigslist roommates to having sex twice is what I want to know.  

Dr. Pepper said in previous seasons that the "experiment" will only work if you live together.  Sorry Sonia, you can't have it both ways. You married the guy, had sex with him and now you just want to continue the experiment from your own house. Sean going back to NJ, anyone?

20 hours ago, Evil Queen said:

This is what those "experts" seem to always do too. They act like these people have been in long marriage that has history.

Yes!  ...except when Lily wanted to talk about wanting to have a family one day.  Then they screamed, "he's a stranger!  You can't bring up such a delicate subject."  They keep playing both sides of the fence.

Sonia lost all her credibility.  She's been complaining the whole time that she wanted more physical intimacy from Nick, when all along they were doing the nasty.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, BunnySlippers said:

Yes, yes, yes!

Sorry Sonia, you can't have it both ways. You married the guy, had sex with him and now you just want to continue the experiment from your own house. 

But couples often separate for awhile,  when one partner becomes unstable or abusive (which I think many people believe Nick was in that drunken attack, including two of the experts).  And however pressured he felt -- maybe especially,  if that's how he reacts under pressure -- unloading like that was a red flag to the producers.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 4

Who DIDN'T know that Nick's angry outburst wasn't the reason he's been so taciturn?! "You want 'open'? I'LL give ya *^$%%^&$* 'open'! I DON'T LIKE HER! I DON'T THINK SHE'S ATTRACTIVE!" He's an entitled creep who clearly places himself higher on the 1-10 Scale than does the rest of the sighted world.

And marriage shouldn't be anything but R&R? No "work"? Dope.

I think Latina Lillian can dress anyway she wants, ca. any era she wants, AS a Latina.

Snewtsie, it has been pointed out more than a few times that Sonia's "complaining" was once, but has been re-played BY THE SHOW repeatedly.

Do I believe Sonia now? Not really. Her comment WOULD serve to "in" Nick, wouldn't it, if the show's people read Message Boards? Heh.

Apparently with Tom, wanting to discuss the future of a relationship is "an issue."

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Why do people think that if you say something bad to a woman, it's worse than if you say something bad to a man?  It's not like we women are made of glass you know and if you say one mean thing to us, we'll just break in two, we're such emotional creatures. 

Getting drunk and verbally attacking someone is wrong whichever gender does it, but I do think if Sonia or Heather had done what Nick did, the social media attack would've been much more fierce and unforgiving.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 4

I don't for a second condone Nick's outburst but I think he is an introverted person who may have been pushed to the brink.  After seeing Unreal, which I know is fictional, and seeing how producers manipulate things and push participants, I'll cut him some slack.  

They actually made me smile while looking at their wedding album.  His impression of the photographer was funny.  I think there is more to their relationship than we've been shown.  Once they moved in together, They did too much sitting around the house and "opening up" instead of getting out and having fun.  Their trip to Home Depot was pretty cute too from the confessions episode.  

• Love 5