Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, zillabreeze said:

Plaintiff actually leaned over and called her a "tweaker" during testimony.  If JJ heard it, she didn't admonish him.  By the end, my jaw hurt from watching that hag😬 Then I ran to floss & brush for no good reason.  Thirty-seven???? No.

Just started getting dark in here DFW.  Radar histrionics will begin soon.   Big storms are such a rarity in Texas spring!  I'm so glad I have a whole afternoon of mansplaining to get me through.

Don't feel so bad; mine is asleep on the couch!

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, zillabreeze said:

Just started getting dark in here DFW.  Radar histrionics will begin soon.   Big storms are such a rarity in Texas spring!  I'm so glad I have a whole afternoon of mansplaining to get me through.

I just looked at the map; looks like you are getting hammered!  So sorry!  Hope you and yours are safe!

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, Brattinella said:

I just looked at the map; looks like you are getting hammered!  So sorry!  Hope you and yours are safe!

Thanks...after all these decades, unless the sky turns green, I don't get too wound up.

10 minutes ago, Brattinella said:

Don't feel so bad; mine is asleep on the couch!

The mansplaining I referred to are the very excitable weather dudes on TV.  Bless their hearts, they just live for this time of year!

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

5 p.m. both new episodes-

Nervy Son Sues Mother for Being Late?!-Plaintiff grandmother was 8 minutes late returning her grandson to his father, and she's being sued by her defendant son.    Plaintiff is suing for a cell phone, identity theft, and other stuff.    Plaintiff bought a cell phone for son in 2015, and the cell phone went fine, and then there was an argument over the return of 5 year old son eight minutes late.    Son says that the grandson wasn't to be around a relative who is a lush, and grandma thought that was only when relative was drinking.     So you know the grandson was around the drunken relative.   Notice Grandma just had to get her digs in about the son and girlfriend not being married?    

What happened to defendant son's teeth?    

In December there was an agreement over a return time by 1 p.m., grandmother was almost 10 minutes late, so the movie started already when the grandson, and mother arrived.    Son was upset because his kid was late, and kid's mother was upset because she was late to the movie.   

What I find irritating is that I bet since they were going to the movies, the grandson had to dump his Blizzard that grandma stopped for, and then Mom had to replace it at movie theater prices.  

Defendant was manager on the joint cell phone account, and mom cut his phone off.   Son got behind on his part of the bill, and had to get his cell phone line replaced.    Son set up a payment plan with Verizon, and mom.     Son claims plaintiff has the phone back, and balance due is $282.52, and plaintiff gets $282.52.    

Baby Daddy Blues-Plaintiff SSMOT (Sainted Single Mother of Two) suing the father of her children over car payments.    Defendant paid for the car for three years, and stopped making payments because of financial issues.     The car was a Hyundai Sonata, and there is a Honda Civic he drives now.    Defendant claims the Sonata was a gift.   Plaintiff and defendant separated in 2016, and the car was repossessed, and the $7k is leftover on the loan.    

Defendant has a remaining balance of over $7k on the car after it was repossessed.    Defendant has a wife and three kids too, plus two kids with plaintiff.     They are not attaching defendant's salary.     JJ is preparing an order to the credit car company that the car note is only the defendant's responsibility.

Pit Bull's Eye Poked Out!-Plaintiff man fights off a pit bull, when the animal attacks his dog.   Plaintiff jabbed his finger in the pit bull's eye to get his dog loose.   Defendants/idiots are claiming the pit bull was falsely accused, and innocent. (This took place in 29 Palms, near the Marine Corps base, so everything happens in that town.   I was recruited to apply for a job at the base a few years ago, and asked some Marines about it, they all said to stay away from that town).  

Defendant man was walking his German Shepherd (11 months old at the time) on a leash, on the side of the road.    Defendant started to cross to the other side of the road, the pit broke through the bunge cord fastened gate, picked his own dog up, and attacked the man first. 

Pit Bull latched onto the defendant's dog leg, and then plaintiff jabbed the pit bull in the eye, and pit subsequently lost it.     Counter suit by plaintiff is apparently disgusting, to JJ, (so that means I want to know all about it).     Defendant father of dog owner is just as nuts as she is, and seems to be proud of the dog's viciousness.   

(What happened to the tweaker daughter's teeth?   I bet I can guess).      I had to laugh when the plaintiff muttered tweaker loud enough for everyone to hear, and JJ said nothing.    That is certainly an old looking 37, and she better hope her parole officer wasn't watching, or she's going to get raided, and tested on arrival back home.     I bet tweaker and Daddy drove, so she wouldn't get searched at the airport.  

Plaintiff wants vet bills for his dog.   Animal control and the police were involved.       

Defendant daughter claims plaintiff's dog escapes constantly, and claims the plaintiff charged her gate, and ran onto the defendant's property.   Defendant also claims the plaintiff's puppy was off leash.      Defendant daughter claims the plaintiff man demanded sex acts in return for dropping the claim.     I now should sue for brain bleach.        Plaintiff is active duty Marine, and I'm supposed to believe the defendant over him?    

Defendant is another pit bull fanatic, who thinks her dog is blameless.     

Plaintiff gets $1700.

Outrageous Roommate-Plaintiff suing for unpaid rent for an apartment sublet by the defendant.     Rent was not paid for November, and December ($912).     Defendant claims the plaintiff begged her to stay for free.   Plaintiff suing for rent, towing charges, a bed, and something else.    Defendant knew that plaintiff would be out of the country for a time, and figured that she wouldn't be able to catch up to her.   

Defendant gave other tenant an expired parking permit, so the roommate's car got towed.

$912 to the plaintiff.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 3
24 minutes ago, zillabreeze said:

Thanks...after all these decades, unless the sky turns green, I don't get too wound up.

The mansplaining I referred to are the very excitable weather dudes on TV.  Bless their hearts, they just live for this time of year!

Yep, I’m in NTX, too. My beloved late mother used to say that our weather guys got “happy pants” during Texas storms! “Pete Delkus sure has happy pants right now!” Stay safe, @zillabreeze

Still trying to process batshit crazy tweaking defendant and her batshit crazy father. I am speechless. Credit to the plaintiff. I have also heard to poke your fingers in the lower eyelids of a human assailant or an attacking dog.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
34 minutes ago, zillabreeze said:

One year, soon after I moved here, one of the weather guys was screaming about grapefruit-size hail!  I about had a heart attack!  They really do love their storms.

• LOL 5
3 minutes ago, Spunkygal said:

My beloved late mother used to say that our weather guys got “happy pants” during Texas storms! 

Bless her!  I'm gonna borrow that! I love it!

DJ Russ says "watch ch11 weather dudes' devices...They get bigger with severity....

"If he's holding a Phone, you're good. Tablet? Pay attention....When he is holding a 42" flat screen TV , it's too late!"

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
10 minutes ago, Brattinella said:

They really do love their storms.

I guess that's their reward for having to say "hot, dry, high of 105" Every single day from July to September 🤣😂🤣

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
28 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Nervy Son Sues Mother for Being Late?

The kerfuffle certainly was much ado about a little tardiness. and the defendant was a bit of a big baby. But the vibe I got from the grandmother is that she does not mind creating such drama (most certainly enjoys it too) and it was probably not the first time she provoked such a small incident; minor irritations can build up over time. Of course, JJ had already decided the case in her favour from the start, the old biddy solidarity code I suppose.

31 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Pit Bull's Eye Poked Out!

There was definitely something off with both defendants. It's difficult to say if their meds are too strong or if the dosage needs to be upped.

So she has held no job for a long time and yet found the time and money to get these ugly tats all over, which she unwisely displays for all to see. Although they looked pretty faded: either they were old, or were done on the cheap.

34 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Baby Daddy Blues-

I kept wondering if the plaintiff was sporting those menacing twisted harpy nails when she was dressing her children and changing their diapers. Potentially gruesome results.

• Love 3

I've never felt the need to do illicit drugs -- tried a few, didn't like them.  I've always felt lucky not to have an addictive nature, or a life so miserable that getting high was seen as relief, or necessary.  So I've felt some sympathy for addicts -- I haven't walked in their shoes, lived with their parents, etc. 

I might have dredged up some sympathy for Ms. Zamora but she lost me when she accused the plaintiff of soliciting sex from her.  It's one thing to lie about the dog's behavior, but to lie about this guy, who did nothing to her?!?  On national TV, where his friends, family, employer, etc. may have been watching?  That's despicable.

And her statement that a pit bull bias is the same as racism?  Puh-leeze.  I hope she doesn't have children. 

Her father was just as wacky as she was, in the hall, talking about their loving and "kind" dog.  Gah. 

• Love 9
31 minutes ago, Florinaldo said:

the old biddy solidarity code

Snort!  I wasn't buying her "Perfect Meemaw" act either.  Giant weenie son didn't learn that petty, passive-aggressive crap at school.

• Love 9

Ms. Zamora let the dog out so it could "go to the restroom."  What a classy dame.  She's traumatized, you know; can't drive past his house...on her skateboard?  Sure, tweaker.

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Spunkygal said:

Yep, I’m in NTX, too. My beloved late mother used to say that our weather guys got “happy pants” during Texas storms! “Pete Delkus sure has happy pants right now!” Stay safe, @zillabreeze

Down here on the coast, its hurricanes that get our guys goin'.  Four or five months of "Hot and Humid" 20-second weather segments, then zowie!!  DAYS of hurricane coverage!  Oooh, aahh!!  All y'all stay safe up there!  We probably won't even get sprinkles.

Missed the show(s) today. But, really sounds like I didn't.  REALLY glad I missed the suit over lawn furniture.  Just ugh.

4 hours ago, 27bored said:

Uh, I have a question:

Who at CBS approved of JJ’s haircut? Because, um, girl? I’m not sure if I’m feeling the Ruth Bader Sheindlin realness that she’s serving us.

Nice to have you back! We've missed your snark.

1 hour ago, AuntiePam said:

And her statement that a pit bull bias is the same as racism?  Puh-leeze.  I hope she doesn't have children. 

I'd bet there's another "litter" lurking somewhere....   /shudder

• Love 5
2 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Nervy Son Sues Mother for Being Late?!

I tried to watch today's eps but had to give up. I just could not take this 35-year-old man, whining about his Mommy and how dare she be 10 minutes late. The moon-faced, babyish Friar Tuck got on my last nerve. Don't wave your short arms around, Friar. It makes that big belly shake like a bowl full of jelly. And BTW, she's not your wife. She's your girlfriend, and a lucky woman she is. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, zillabreeze said:

I wasn't buying her "Perfect Meemaw" act either. 

Yes, she gave the impression of being controlling and manipulative and her turining up late was probably another in a series of little jabs to poke at her son and his mate, even though she likes to project this calm and reassuring image. Her hypocrisy is probably one factor why her son turned out the way he is. I hope she does not get a chance to do the same with the grandson. Although if enablers like JJ encourage her along the way and validate her behaviour as much as the judge did today, she might very well succeed.

• Love 6

I just saw the adult children suing the late dad's girlfriend episode episode and the audience CLAPPED at the verdict! I think JJ was done the minute they interrupted her when she was trying to explain that their deceased father was happy living the last six years of his life with the girlfriend. 

• Love 9
13 hours ago, Florinaldo said:

Yes, she gave the impression of being controlling and manipulative and her turining up late was probably another in a series of little jabs to poke at her son and his mate, even though she likes to project this calm and reassuring image. Her hypocrisy is probably one factor why her son turned out the way he is. I hope she does not get a chance to do the same with the grandson. Although if enablers like JJ encourage her along the way and validate her behaviour as much as the judge did today, she might very well succeed.

You know, there was something about her that I took a dislike to immediately. And, for what it's worth, the father was certainly within his rights to make sure his son was not around the drunk, whoever that was. I got the feeling she deliberately  ignored his request, just to do stick it to him. Not all "Meemaws" are loving and caring. Some are troublemakers, JMHO.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
22 minutes ago, khyber said:

So I must be the only one who likes, or doesn't have a problem with Judge Judy's new hairstyle. I may just grow my hair out as well. 😁

I'm good with it!  It's a little more youthful IMHO.   Just because a woman hits a certain age, I don't think they are required to have that "man in the back, teased on top" do.

The thinking is that the higher hair creates an illusion of the older face being being more uplifted.  JJ prob has a whole stable of plastic surgeons for that !

• Love 8
17 hours ago, zillabreeze said:

I was woken up by lightning at 12:15 am 2-ish weeks ago.  I walked out to the living room and heard the sound of a distant freight train.  I immediately panicked.  When I flipped the blind up, the night sky was very green, and then we got hit with dime sized hail.  Then the power went out.  I live in a mobile home, so it's not the best place to be.  There were tornadoes, and we also got straight line wind shear.  Things passed very close to me and I was in hysterics.  I went through a tornado in 1985, and we don't get them often, but it was not a good night.  The next morning, all of the mobiles on the front row of the park had their skirting blown out from all sides, as if pressure blew it out.  Scary, and not something I want to go through again anytime soon.

56 minutes ago, khyber said:

So I must be the only one who likes, or doesn't have a problem with Judge Judy's new hairstyle. I may just grow my hair out as well. 😁

28 minutes ago, zillabreeze said:

I'm good with it!  It's a little more youthful IMHO.   Just because a woman hits a certain age, I don't think they are required to have that "man in the back, teased on top" do.

The thinking is that the higher hair creates an illusion of the older face being being more uplifted.  JJ prob has a whole stable of plastic surgeons for that !

I said prior that I liked it too and thought it made her look a little younger.

• Love 7
16 minutes ago, funky-rat said:

Scary, and not something I want to go through again anytime soon.

I'm sorry that happened to you!  So glad you didn't get hurt or have damage!

As a long time Texan, with all kinds of tornado "meetings". It's terrifying - that "train" sound is not exaggerated and it's no joke.  The green tint to the sky is one you'll never forget either.  You're gonna get really nervous everytime it storms for quite awhile!

• Love 5

Wow, (37 year old!!!) Ms Zamora was an entertaining tweaker/defendant.  I'm glad the plaintiff got that jab in.  What a contrast between the plaintiff's side and the defendant's side.  

She and her father could not stand still for the entire case.  When she started the pitbull/ racism defense garbage, I knew Judge Judy would pull out the letter from the pitbull attack victim's grandpa.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
25 minutes ago, zillabreeze said:

I'm sorry that happened to you!  So glad you didn't get hurt or have damage!

As a long time Texan, with all kinds of tornado "meetings". It's terrifying - that "train" sound is not exaggerated and it's no joke.  The green tint to the sky is one you'll never forget either.  You're gonna get really nervous everytime it storms for quite awhile!

I did for most of the remainder of the 80's, so I'm sure you're right.  Incidentally, I was at a friend's house for that one.  She lived in a mobile home....thankfully it had a sunken living room addition, and we all sat down there, backs to the brick wall that was below ground.

Usually they come through early evening here, when they do come, and we get alerts, the phone alerts go off, etc, and when that happens, we get out - we go to a friend's who has a basement, or somewhere that has a storm shelter, or anywhere really where we have a solid place to be.  Nothing of the like with this one - no warning at all.  I was sufficiently freaked out.  I thought the lightning was the neighbor's porch light going wonky again, initially.

• Love 3

When I was a kid we were traveling to visit friends in the next state.  It was only about a two hour drive, but halfway there we were going through a section that was all farms and fields.  A storm moved in and the sky got a really sick shade of green.  I was sitting in the back seat on the passenger side and the rain there was coming down almost sideways.  But when I looked out the other side of the car, I could see that a hundred yards on that side there was very little rain and few clouds.  The sun was shining down out there like it was no big deal.  I was scared, but I looked at my mom and she was driving along like things were just fine.

Years later I asked my mom about it and she said that she didn't realize it at the time, but a severe thunderstorm came through and we actually drove right along the edge of an area that was under alert for a possible tornado.  It wasn't something that my mom considered because we lived in a state that has very few tornados, and when it happens it's always F1's.  But I still remember the horrible green sky and the feeling that something was very wrong.  I don't think I'd do well in tornado country.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, bad things are bad said:

I like the new hair. She'd had the same style since the Reagan administration, it was definitely time for a change!

Hey, now, some of us resemble that remark!! 

Hee!!

1 hour ago, zillabreeze said:

The green tint to the sky is one you'll never forget either.

I grew up in Kansas, and you are exactly correct about that particular shade of green!

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Defendant claims the Sonata was a gift.

I rolled my eyes at that remark so hard that I pulled a muscle. Nobody gives or receives a gift that’s nothing more than a financial liability. To believe it was a gift you also have to believe that he gave a gift back. And to whom did he give it?Deadbeat, lying fool.

19 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I bet tweaker and Daddy drove, so she wouldn't get searched at the airport.

Defendant daughter claims the plaintiff man demanded sex acts in return for dropping the claim. “Your honor, I wouldn’t touch her with gloves on.” Best. Judge Judy line. Ever.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
21 hours ago, Dakisela said:

That is what you call a skank.  37?  Really???  And she accuses the Plaintiff of asking for "favors" in return for the vet bills??!!?  UGH.  

The only person asking for her 'favors' is dear Old Dad.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
21 hours ago, patty1h said:

When it became clear that she was losing the case, she turned on the fake tears and rambled for a few minutes about her pooch being a sweetheart before JJ kicked her out.

She referred to the pit as her baby. Her birthing that animal is the only part of her bullshit, meth addled story I could believe.

18 hours ago, AuntiePam said:

I've never felt the need to do illicit drugs -- tried a few, didn't like them.  I've always felt lucky not to have an addictive nature, or a life so miserable that getting high was seen as relief, or necessary.  So I've felt some sympathy for addicts -- I haven't walked in their shoes, lived with their parents, etc. 

I’ve been around addicts my entire life. Alcoholics mostly. My family is loaded (pun intended) with them. I had an issue myself years ago.  Some have sought treatment for their addictions and others have not.  Some keep the addiction in check and others do not.  There’s help there if you reach for it and it’s hard work once you do.  But it’s possible. If you don’t reach out for help and ignore those who reach out to you; if you aren’t prepared to work for it I have little sympathy.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

In my opinion, the grandma bringing the kid back late was her passive-aggressive jab at the son.    So was having the child around the relative that the son said the little boy wasn't to be around.     The remark by grandma, that she thought the son meant the little boy wasn't to be around the drunken relative when they were drinking, but other times were OK  told me that she did it deliberately.    

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

From June to November here in Florida, if the wind blows a leaf across a sidewalk, some weatherman will ominously be telling us to be sure we're stocked up on bottled water and bread because it's hurricane season don'tjaknow.  

• LOL 4
1 hour ago, Byrd is the Word said:

Your honor, I wouldn’t touch her with gloves on.” Best. Judge Judy line. Ever.

Awesome!  Old friend used to say "I wouldn't f---  her with my worst enemy's dick".

1 hour ago, JR Labrador said:

The only person asking for her 'favors' is dear Old Dad

The court forums really need a 🤮 button !

10 minutes ago, Angeltoes said:

some weatherman will ominously be telling us to be sure we're 

I like the requisite hurricane shots with the poor newbie guy in his yellow slickers ALWAYS next to a palm tree!

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

3 p.m. reruns-

Parents Want Their Child Arrested?- This is the classic case of the parents that threw their daughter out because she visited her boyfriend at his mother's house, on her birthday.    When the parents were out of town, the neighbor who was watching the house let the girl take her cat (the parents were out of town for two months).    The mother lied about it being her own cat.   In the hallterview the parents said that they aren't in contact with some of their other kids too, told me everything.    The parents are from a small church, that is listed at their house, and daddy is the head of the 'business', and I think mom was the treasurer or something (I remember this from the last airing discussion).  

The daughter went to the boyfriend's house, and says parents knew that, and her father took the car, and girl was stranded.    Father took the car, and kept it.    

Counter claim is daughter claims the parents gave her a car for her 18th birthday, and then the parents took it back.   Father and daughter's names were on the title.      The stipulations for the car by daddy were daughter lives at home, get good grades, and eventually she would get the car.  It was the first that was partly in her name, the others were in the father's name.    Girl received the cat when she was 10, and cat is now 8.      Girl rents a room now from boyfriend and mother, and is still going to school.     

The three witnesses for the defendant are her sister, brother, and the brother's wife.   Brother was kicked out at 17, by the parents.    

When the parents came back from their trip, they wanted the police to arrest the daughter for burglary, for taking her own cat.   They were despicable.    Father threatened officer who took police report that he is a chaplain for the police department, and wanted the police officer's badge number to make a complaint.      

Mother now claims that the daughter is confusing the cat with another cat that she had when she was much younger.    Since car was in both names, the father couldn't confiscate the car and keep it.     Plaintiff's get nothing, and defendant gets half of the car value $425.  I hope this is the last time she had to be near those fools.     

Property Dump and Dash!-Plaintiff suing former defendant co-worker for an unpaid loan to get her belongings out of storage.     $1500 was the loan amount.   Defendant paid some back, and still owes $800+.    Defendant claims it was actually a gift, and the man wanted to date her.     Plaintiff let her store the storage on his property, and she was supposed to start paying him back, so he dumped her stuff in the parking lot, and then she started paying him back.    She didn't start paying for 11 months after she borrowed the money, and started storing the stuff at her place.  Plaintiff gets the rest of the money, and defendant is still a pathetic whiner.     

Good Deed Gone Wrong!-Plaintiff loaned her car to defendant, and he wrecked the car.  He was turning left, and went right and hit a parked car.    Defendant had been driving the car for at least a year.    There is no way in hell that the plaintiff was nice enough to let the defendant drive her car, while she paid the note.     Plaintiff says he didn't have the car for a year, and claims defendant wanted to buy the car after he got back on his feet. 

I bet this woman who was financially stuck, having the house foreclosed on, and only has one car paid off, gets this one for $350 a month, plus insurance, was hiding the car with the defendant.    That way when everything gets seized she still has a car.    Defendant says he had the car for almost a year, and he wanted to buy the car, and that's when he had the accident.     The defendant admits he never paid her anything.    Nothing for the plaintiff.

• Love 2
(edited)

My nephew was stationed at Twenty-Nine Palms, and I went to visit him a few times while I was still living in CA (would get him and then head to Palm Springs).  And, yes, many of the residents (non-military) have addition and other issues/problems.  Fortunately, he always lived on based while stationed there as I could not imagine living in the same neighborhood as Ms Zamora, her father, and her dog.  And, there are many more residents similar to her (and many that are wonderful people).  She was SO much, I'm surprised that Judge Judy didn't go after her more than she did.  Really?  Trying to claim the plaintiff would have forgiven the vet charges for a tryst with her?  Ridiculous.  Ms Zamora also exposed her own lies as she had testified that the plaintiff had never asked about money for the vet bills and then testifying that he said he would forgive the vet bills for some afternoon delight... Oh, and her connecting pit bull bias with racism?  Ridiculous.  She truly was vile.  And, her father was no better as he totally supported her lies, delusions, and nastiness.  And, he was proud of having a pit bull that matched the sign on his fence.  Makes me realize how blessed I am with the neighbors that live near to me.

Edited by seacliffsal
  • Love 5
(edited)

Okay, JJ pissed me off today. On the photographer versus the big laughing hyena mother case, what JJ completely missed was that the defendants were showing JJ pictures that were emailed to her by the photographer so the defendants printed them themselves on whatever cheap ass printer they have at home. Seeing them, my first thought was a low end printer and/or bargain ink jet cartridges. To expect the pictures to look like the professional printed ones from the photographer is just ignorant. Note that after JJ saw the photographer's pics on her phone (which probably has much better color rendition than a cheap printer), even JJ said they were OK, except for one. JJ completely blew off the time it takes to sort and edit in preparation for putting together an album or slide show. Lastly, ten dollars each for editing and finishing the digital images is obscene.

Edited by DoctorK
spelling
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, zillabreeze said:

I like the requisite hurricane shots with the poor newbie guy in his yellow slickers ALWAYS next to a palm tree!

Little Toes used to call those Hurricane trees. Gee, wonder why... 🤔

23 minutes ago, DoctorK said:

the big laughing hyena mother case

FINALLY JJ gives someone a well-deserved boot!  I found everything else about the case boring.  And the other episode - a to be continued?!  Blergh.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
45 minutes ago, SandyToes said:

FINALLY JJ gives someone a well-deserved boot!

If only "The Boot" could be literal, for adults who don't know how to behave in a civilized way, as in Byrd's shoe planted firmly on their worthless asses. 

• LOL 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, DoctorK said:

Okay, JJ pissed me off today. On the photographer versus the big laughing hyena mother case, what JJ completely missed was that the defendants were showing JJ pictures that were emailed to her by the photographer so the defendants printed them themselves on whatever cheap ass printer they have at home. Seeing them, my first thought was a low end printer and/or bargain ink jet cartridges. To expect the pictures to look like the professional printed ones from the photographer is just ignorant. Note that after JJ saw the photographer's pics on her phone (which probably has much better color rendition than a cheap printer), even JJ said they were OK, except for one. JJ completely blew off the time it takes to sort and edit in preparation for putting together an album or slide show. Lastly, ten dollars each for editing and finishing the digital images is obscene.

Every single one of your points occured to me, too.  And!  JJ got twisted that photog couldn't produce the "actual, final album".  Of course not, she specifically said that the stop payment occured BEFORE she assembled the album.  Why would any sane person continue to edit and print all those pictures on high-end paper with very expensive ink!

Bitch and her offspring uploaded a whole bunch of shots, edited and used the hell out of them.

I couldn't decide whether to laugh or cry at JJs snatching up devices and "deleting".  Byrd should have stopped filming and explained about the cloud in private.  She completely embarrassed herself with that.

I knew from jump that JJ had a hard on for photo packages that clearly went way back.  I'll bet she squawked like hell when pic time rolled around for her kids.

Once again, we saw that elitist, much too wealthy attitude of hers.  She can make an obscene amount of money, but wants the great unwashed to stay in their own financial lane.

Edited by zillabreeze
  • Love 11
(edited)

In the photo shoot motherzilla case, JJ once again demonstrated her all-knowing ignorance of so many fields. Of course the first pictures sent out are not colour-corrected, need to be cropped and must be otherwise edited. And as @DoctorK said, colours show up differently on different displays – as anyone can verify between their desktop, tablet or laptop – and  even more so on different printers. The final versions would be printed on professional quality machines, not the ones we use at home or even at the office.

But she shared her ignorance of the matter with the parents and the daughter (who seems ready to follow in her lovely mother's footsteps). I suspect there was also buyer's remorse involved, in that they eventually decided their grand idea of such a photo shoot was going to cost too much, whatever the quality of the results. And if someone stops payment on a check, I would naturally stop working on further material like the album, something JJ absurdly held against plaintiff.

Also, JJ obviously has a very traditional view of what a "good" picture should look like; using slightly out-of focus foliage in the foreground is far from a new invention, but it's probably too artsy-fartsy and avant-garde as a pictorial effect for the good old judge. It may not be everybody's first choice, but it is a quite valid option. I also agree that the final judgment grossly underestimated the value of the work done; besides, they breached the contract, so she should have been paid in full.

I  did not feel that the roommates warranted a "to be continued", but I will wait for the pay-off tomorrow to pass final judgment.

17 minutes ago, zillabreeze said:

Byrd should have stopped filming and explained about the cloud in private.  She completely embarrassed herself with that.

Not the first time she has done so, but since one of the show's premises is her infaillibility, Byrd would never have dared.

2 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Parents Want Their Child Arrested?

That vile controlling couple managed to also alienate their other children, and just about all of them showed up as witnesses for the defendant. That speaks volume as to their true character.

Edited by Florinaldo
  • Love 6
(edited)

5 p.m. both new-

Slick Senior Picture Operation?!-Plaintiff photographer suing defendants (Mom gets the boot later) for stopping payment on a check, to pay for defendant's daughter's senior photo shoots.

The contract is the 'model' photos free, with a discount for senior pictures for photo packages, which costs a bundle.     Defendant mother claims she only received two modeling pictures, daughter says 3 to 5 per photo shoot, and there were two shoots.  The average senior photo packages costs about $1,000.   Defendant mom tries to charge the desk, and gets the Byrd stop.   The senior picture turned the girl's hair red, but final album shows blonde hair (the right color).    (I don't have kids, so when co-workers told me how much they spent on professional photographers for photo shoots, albums, prints, and all kinds of things for senior pictures, I was stunned). 

The defendant mother trashes every picture, and stopped payment on the check for the senior photos.   Photo shoot was $1200 + sales tax 8 1/4%, $1249.50.     Photographer says all pictures in the album were selected by the daughter.       Another photographer took the senior yearbook picture.   Photographer was paid $250 deposit, and that's all she's getting, until JJ finds out some were posted online by the defendant mother.  

Now defendant mom gets the boot.   JJ likes the digitals the defendant daughter received.  Mother had posted the pictures on Facebook, and supposedly deleted them.   Photographer keeps the $250 deposit, and $500 for the photo shoot, totals $750.   

Woman Terrified by Ex-Friend?!-(apparently this is continued for tomorrow's second new episode)-Plaintiff man suing former friend woman for a restraining order, attorney fees, and a false restraining order.    Defendant says plaintiff was harassing her, and received a temporary restraining order, but did not show for the next court hearing.      Plaintiff was roommate with defendant's boyfriend Jake, and now defendant lives with Jake.   Jake seems to have decided coming to court was stupid, so he didn't.     Defendant claims plaintiff stalks and threatens her, but only plaintiff has anything on his email, or phone to prove it was defendant.

Basically, both sides say the other side is mean, and picking on them.      Tomorrow we get the continuation, to see if the defendant is a liar about why she could go to work, but not to court with her ankle injury.     It's too bad everyone involved didn't just stop talking to each other, and move on.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 3
(edited)
9 minutes ago, Florinaldo said:

I  did not feel that the roommates warranted a "to be continued", but I will wait for the pay-off tomorrow to pass final judgment.

The only way I can see it as being worth a to-be-continued is if the defendant is dragged in and forced to admit that there are no medical records to document her alleged broken ankle, which is sort of important since that is her excuse for not going to hearing on the protective order against the plaintiff. Even if she does produce it, JJ's point that she got to work the same day as the hearing, whether by walking, uber, lyft or taxi, tells me that she just didn't bother to show up, frequently a sign of a bogus complaint.. As the case went on, I believed her stories less and less.

Edited by DoctorK
  • Love 4
(edited)
4 minutes ago, DoctorK said:

The only way I can see it as being worth a TBD is if the defendant is dragged in and forced to admit that there are no medical records to document her alleged broken ankle

That is my fervent hope. But it could have been done in one single episode, with a slight hiatus and cutting down on the rest of the testimony, unless many more details turn up tomorrow, as long as they are worthy of the wait. I was totally unsympathetic to her and her sob story, which I took as mostly fiction.

Edited by Florinaldo
  • Love 4
(edited)

The he said/she said case of stalking, or harassing or whatever is totally confusing, and I don't see why it required a continuance.    No one seems to make a police report, or at least didn't bring one.    I wish everyone involved would have moved on, and not wasted time getting bogged down in some ridiculous fighting.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 5
11 minutes ago, DoctorK said:

The only way I can see it as being worth a to-be-continued is if the defendant is dragged in and forced to admit that there are no medical records to document her alleged broken ankle, which is sort of important since that is her excuse for not going to hearing on the protective order against the plaintiff. Even if she does produce it, JJ's point that she got to work the same day as the hearing, whether by walking, uber, lyft or taxi, tells me that she just didn't bother to show up, frequently a sign of a bogus complaint.. As the case went on, I believed her stories less and less.

I think she was lying about needing a TRO. It sounded like she and her bf or she and her ex boss cooked up the whole thing. I dont understand her motivation unless it was to try to keep the plaintiff from spilling the beans on her and the boss. But I'm not sure if it was her bf that she is trying to keep him away from or if they were trying to keep him from spreading it around and his wife may find out. She had no answers or evidence for anything. Frankly the plaintiff didnt seem like the brightest bulb so I find it hard to believe that he embarked on a stalking campaign. 

As for the photographer, lots of photographers offer that deal as a way to entice high school students to buy a package. My daughter did the same thing and I was in sticker shock but I paid. I think they were demanding but didnt really grasp how much it was going to cost and they decided they didnt want to pay. I thought the pics were fine and I thought it was super nervy of them to stop payment and have the pics on all their devices and post them.

• Love 8

LThe daughter isn’t nearly as attractive as her mother seems to think she is. The father seemed a bit more rational. 

Maybe mommy thought she was going to get a photo book that could be used as a portfolio for a modeling career. Sorry but daughter doesn’t have a chance as a model.

All those kind of pictures are over priced. With a good digital camera nowadays  people can  take their own pictures, the camera does most of the work anyway. 

I agreed with the Judge. The photographer was never going to please the mother. 

• Love 10

The Melodrama in Minnesota left me on pins and needles. I haven't much to say since we haven't gotten the thrilling conclusion, but for the tough-looking def, appearing here with her sawed-off paramour/love interest/sugar daddy? to expect anyone to believe she was afraid of the plaintiff - who I initially thought was a kid but turns out to be a 30-year old man(!!) - is ridiculous. Mr. Kalenberg couldn't frighten a fifth-grader into handing over his lunch money.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, poeticlicensed said:

Frankly the plaintiff didnt seem like the brightest bulb so I find it hard to believe that he embarked on a stalking campaign. 

He also seemed like pretty meek and easily intimidated, so I can believe, until tomorrow's no doubt enthrallingly stunning conclusion, that the tall blond virago did everything he claimed and he did not put much of a defense.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Totally agree.  The defendant has a kind of deer-in-headlights expression, as if she never expected the plaintiff to get his act together enough to go after her.  Where is Jake in all this?  And is there trouble in paradise - is the defendant's witness admitting that the defendant made it to work the first crack in their collusion?  Will the witness have to find a new office manager after this, or a divorce attorney?  

• LOL 3
  • Love 3