Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

JJ pissed me off again today, in the Dodge Durango case.  The defendant -- who had just one hand and isn't collecting disability (did JJ even notice that?) -- has been working and has been paying child support, even if the jobs and the support aren't up to JJ's standards.

JJ sanctimoniously announces that her kids and grandkids never took out bankruptcy for student loans -- maybe forgetting that student loans usually can't be discharged in bankruptcy. 

So what if his waiter job doesn't leave a tax trail?  If you don't like it, then lobby your representatives to change the tax laws! 

There was nothing wrong with what defendant did, and plaintiff could have done the same.  I don't know if it's legal, but it certainly wasn't fair for JJ to make defendant pay a debt that was discharged in bankruptcy. 

• Love 8

I suspect that the defendant in the Durango case would have kept working if he didn't have to pay child support.    I bet he made a lot more money bartending before, than he does now.    I think he's like a friend's ex, he was making over $100k a year.    Then, the second he had to pay child support he quit and had a part time job at minimum wage, so child support never happened.    Of course, my friend should have known he was that type of person before she married him, she certainly had enough warning from his past actions.

I think the woman in the slapped child case was very practiced at look like the responsible parent in court, and that was why she had the 50's hairstyle and makeup.    I couldn't stand her, and suspect that the plaintiff will be in court all of the time until the little girls are over 18.   I couldn't stand the defendant's current husband.    Was there any proof except what the ex said about the slapping incident?     I'm sure the poor little girls either say what the mother wants them to say, or they suffer.    I found it very strange that a girl that was 9 would wet the bed, unless she was sick or had some physical problem.    

• Love 9

Going back to Friday - How much of a complete idiot does someone have to be to appear on national television to testify about being "fully disabled" and receiving over $1300 a month in benefits, and then sue for wages owed for a job that's nothing but physical labor? JJ often claims she'll send tapes to the IRS; I wonder if whoever is issuing the disability payments would like a copy of this one.

Today - "Well, she should have just filed bankruptcy, too!" was also stupid. As the plaintiff said, though it was drowned out by the defendant's pompous bleating, why should she tank her credit for X number of years by filing for bankruptcy when the only thing dragging her down is this old car? Ugh. He was one of the more irritating people who's been on lately, and that's saying a lot. Not that I condone cheating, but I felt zero sympathy for him there, and can kind of understand where the ex-wife was coming from.

And then....

Both parents in the 4:30 case gave off creepy vibes. The new husband wasn't that much better, but for whatever reason, he didn't make my hair stand on end like the other two. Hopefully that'll be enough for those poor girls who are stuck in the middle.

• Love 5

In the case of Angela Shippy and her effeminate werewolfe ex-husband, JJ was working on overdrive to make sure she'd rule against the woman, and in favor of the man, as she almost always does.

Shippy kept calmly correcting JJ on dates.

Wererewolf Ex may be paranoid? Strangers following him and driving for 3 hours, dropping the kids at a police station? He's cuckoo for cocoa puffs and I understand why his ex is hoping that the kids spend less time with him.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
29 minutes ago, Toaster Strudel said:

JJ was working on overdrive to make sure she'd rule against the woman, and in favor of the man, as she almost always does.

I would say that on the contrary JJ tends to do the exact opposite. In this instance the loathsomeness of the defendant probably overruled her usual gender bias.

2 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I think the woman in the slapped child case was very practiced at look like the responsible parent in court, and that was why she had the 50's hairstyle and makeup. 

Considering the number of times she has sued – and now blames him for it in her twisted reasoning – she must have had long practice and learned a few tricks on how to present herself in the most positive light, although her true nature cannot help but shine through.

3 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Polyamorous Relationship Fail-

I am still trying to figure out what any of these three saw in the other two to enter into such an arrangement.

• Love 4
29 minutes ago, Florinaldo said:

Considering the number of times she has sued – and now blames him for it in her twisted reasoning – she must have had long practice and learned a few tricks on how to present herself in the most positive light, although her true nature cannot help but shine through.

She struck me as a ball-buster.  Awful woman.

• Love 5
14 hours ago, Brattinella said:

"Its not NICE to file bankruptcy!"  WTF, Judy?  Real people DO have money problems!  She will never see the ground from her ivory tower.  Shame on her.

Is it just me, or does JJ seem angry and agitated more than before? Is it the new hairstyle? She yells a lot now, too. And, I agree, Brattinella, she doesn't appear to grasp the financial problems so many people have now, or if she does, she simply brushes it aside.  Time to retire???? Just a thought.

• Love 10
(edited)
1 hour ago, PennyPie18 said:

And, I agree, Brattinella, she doesn't appear to grasp the financial problems so many people have now, or if she does, she simply brushes it aside.  Time to retire???? Just a thought.

I understand that what we see on this show, and what Judge Judy sees during filming, are people with problems of their own making.

But once Judge Judy became rich, she seemed to forget that many people have real, legitimate issues that are outside of their control.

People really do work hard for years and then get laid off because companies downsize.

People really do get injured on the job.

People really do become disabled.

She seems to forget that because these things do not happen in her little bubble of wealthy friends.

Edited by TheLastKidPicked
  • Love 10

I think she is well past her prime and should retire now.  Her time of usefulness and helping people ended long ago.  She makes $900,000 per show, and has a net worth of $420,000,000 so I think she probably has enough to retire on.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

However, what do most viewers tune in for? Watching JJ being useful and helping people, or being cranky and abusing most litigants who appear before her? I fear that it is the latter and that she sits in a comfortable spot somewhere in a TV pocket universe that includes Springer, Povich and the likes.

• Love 5
47 minutes ago, Florinaldo said:

However, what do most viewers tune in for? Watching JJ being useful and helping people, or being cranky and abusing most litigants who appear before her? I fear that it is the latter and that she sits in a comfortable spot somewhere in a TV pocket universe that includes Springer, Povich and the likes.

Maybe so, but I'm tuning OUT for that very same reason.  I'm down to about 6-8 min per episode that I can tolerate before muting it or changing the channel.

• Love 4

3 p.m. reruns-

Blame It On Your Bro!-Plaintiff suing defendant over damage to his fence when he hit it with his car.   Defendant claims his brother was driving the car at the time, and brother was in jail at the time of the court case.  Defendant claims his brother took the car (no insurance), and his license (expired), which was at Mom's house.   Defendant currently drives his girlfriend's family's car, but he's not on the insurance for that either.   Plaintiff gets $5000 for his fence.  

Bulldog vs. Little Girl!-Plaintiff claims defendant's dog bit her daughter on the leg.  Defendant man, dog owner (Heaven'Leigh Marshal) claims child provoked his dog before it bit her in the leg.  Dog is allowed off leash constantly, and gets off the property many times.   Defendant says he was outside watching the kids play, and claims the kids were taunting and teasing his dog.   Then he claims a kid let the dog out, and the kids were chasing the dog with sticks, and the little girl hit his dog, and was bitten.    Animal control came, but was pretty useless.   Dog was loose the next day, and dog is on chain mostly.   Dog is at cousin's house now.  Plaintiff gets $500.  

Mean Girl Cat Fight?!-Plaintiff suing defendant after their daughters were in another fight at school.   The two combatants stopped being friends in second grade, because defendant kid was being mean, and seems to be proud of that.   There have been other physical fights at school too.    Then there was another fight between the same kids, and plaintiff claims the defendant mother tried to hit her with her car.   Defendant counterclaims because plaintiff filed for an order of protection.   I think I know where the defendant kid learned her attitude from.     School determined defendant child is a bully, and so is her mother.  

Scorned Renter Takes Revenge?-Plaintiff claims defendant took her deposit, and didn't let her move into her room at a condo, so she gets the deposit back, $250.    Defendant witness claims plaintiff vandalized the defendant's car.    $300 for car scratches, so defendant gets $50.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Florinaldo said:

As a further note, one of the complaints I often read in the People's Court forum is that Marilyn Millian is too soft on litigants and tries to play family therapist when she shouldn't. That she should be more like Judy instead of almost coddling the idiots who appear in her fake courtroom. The viewers want the 'judges' to be mean, because that's why they watch.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Brattinella said:

I'm down to about 6-8 min per episode that I can tolerate before muting it or changing the channel.

I fully sympathise with you, but my point is that you and I are most probably not the target audience the show wants to attract and keep, and so they encourage JJ's behaviour in the direction you deplore.

I take from today's bike collision case that JJ finds it highly suspicious when someone does not take the same path when coming back home. Now I fully believe that these are the instructions she gives her porters as she goes about in her sedan chair.

But not everyone makes the same choices she does. When I go for a walk or on my bike to run an errand, I frequently come back another way, even if it is longer, just for variety's sake. But I guess she is a creature of long-ingrained habits.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
8 minutes ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

The viewers want the 'judges' to be mean, because that's why they watch.

Maybe we would just like them to meet in the middle?

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

As a further note, one of the complaints I often read in the People's Court forum is that Marilyn Millian is too soft on litigants and tries to play family therapist when she shouldn't. That she should be more like Judy instead of almost coddling the idiots who appear in her fake courtroom.

I would say taht they are two extremes on a spectrum, one more Dr. Phil the other more cranky dominatrix. There are other options possible of course, but would they attract sufficient viewership?

• Love 1

5 p.m., both new episodes-

Car Full of Children Headed Into Pond!-Plaintiff car owner claims his car was totaled by defendant's daughter driving car into tree.    Plaintiff and defendant's daughter were staying at plaintiff's place.    Buick was in front of house, and two girls, and some boys came over, defendant daughter took the keys, cranked up the car. Plaintiff daughter says she wasn't in car, but defendant daughter, and little brother were, and did this. Rear of car hit the tree, keeping it from going into the pond.   Defendant daughter claims the plaintiff daughter did it.   I think everyone is lying through their teeth, and they're lucky that no one died.

$500 to plaintiff, and that's it.  

Fishing for Friends on a Dating App-Plaintiff suing defendant for unpaid loan ($1700) to pay his mortgage.  The two litigants met on a dating site, but defendant claims he was only looking for a friend.   Defendant claims he wrote $17 on payment, instead of $1700, and claims he sent $1000 a week later.    Man wanted to paint her house for the remaining $700.     Defendant is bizarre, and has a lot of garbage reasons why the plaintiff doesn't want him in her house.    Plaintiff gets $700.

Dramatic Cyclist Meets Drunk Peddler?!-Plaintiff was t-boned by a fellow cyclist, on a bike path going in the same direction, plaintiff attempted to pass defendant on right side (but she says she wasn't going faster), and defendant (plaintiff claims) with booze bottle and ear buds drove into her.   Plaintiff claims her husband saw everything, but he was ahead of both litigants, and didn't see the accident.   Defendant claims woman was going the opposite direction, and woman fought with her husband, and reversed course.  JJ doesn't believe the defendant, and I don't either.  However, the plaintiff's reports to police, and medical are ridiculous, and makes the defendant sound like a hit man for the bicycle mafia.     Plaintiff gets $1288 for medical out of pocket, and bicycle. 

Where There's Smoke...There's More Smoke!-Plaintiff suing former landlord/defendant over not getting her security deposit back for smoking in the 1 bedroom apartment of a triplex, she rented from him.    Landlord has an estimate to deodorize the room for $810.   Signed lease says no smoking, but plaintiff's daughter was smoking in the apartment.   $40 to plaintiff.  

• Love 2
(edited)
18 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Where There's Smoke...There's More Smoke!-Plaintiff suing former landlord/defendant over not getting her security deposit back for smoking in the 1 bedroom apartment of a triplex, she rented from him.    Landlord has an estimate to deodorize the room for $810.   Signed lease says no smoking, but plaintiff's daughter was smoking in the apartment.   $40 to plaintiff.  

The Albert Einstein look alike Defendant wearing what looks like a bad wig and mustache was very animated.  I loved watching him expressing indignation.

Edited by NYGirl
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
7 minutes ago, NYGirl said:

The Albert Einstein look alike Defendant wearing what looks like a bad wig and mustache was very animated.  I loved watching him expressing indignation.

I thought he looked more like Marty Ingels than Einstein.

• Love 8
8 minutes ago, NYGirl said:

I loved watching him expressing indignation.

Had he been wearing pearls, he would have vigorously clutched them.

Even though there was no need for it considering that the smoking violation of the lease was so clear (and who really believes the daughter smoked "only that one time"?).

• Love 3

I would have given the dramatic bike lady $1. 

I would have told the over-emoting landlord that Judy already has the job.  He was somehow even more annoying after he won (doing the chicken dance) and in the hallterview.  I don't care how 'right' he was, he was annoying enough that I didn't want him to win.  

• Love 6

There were some really bizarre litigants on today's show, weren't there?  Are the producers actively seeking the most outrageous cases they can find?  I had no sympathy for anyone today. We can never get the whole story from either side with only 15 or 20 minutes allotted for each case. and remember, JJ has "other things to do today" as she points to her watch! 

• Love 3
On 5/13/2019 at 4:59 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

Plaintiff claims woman was shopping around trying to get clean pee for her drug test, and I really believe him, since defendant no longer works at Wally World.   Plaintiff claims defendant was upset about the car, and claims someone hit the car while she was in the drug lab

I had a former co-worker who was on parole and one day she was trying to talk people into giving her clean pee for her drug test. Note the word "former" - she was fired for falling asleep at her desk too many times and for turning tricks behind the building on her lunch hour without punching out. . .. . 

In the case of Angela Shippy and her effeminate werewolfe ex-husband, JJ was working on overdrive to make sure she'd rule against the woman, and in favor of the man, as she almost always does.

That couple was one of the most bizarre ones I've seen. The woman looked like the "before" picture in a makeover and barely moved her overly painted lips. And her coming into the courtroom with 65 pounds of paperwork, but didn't have what the judge was looking for in that big pile. Drama much? The man was, well. . . I always wonder how and why couples get together. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
(edited)
2 hours ago, ItsHelloPattiagain said:

turning tricks behind the building on her lunch hour without punching out. . .. . 

Isn't that called double dipping? So to speak.

Edited by DoctorK
  • LOL 6
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, DoctorK said:

Isn't that called double dipping? So to speak.

13 hours ago, ItsHelloPattiagain said:

I had a former co-worker who was on parole and one day she was trying to talk people into giving her clean pee for her drug test. Note the word "former" - she was fired for falling asleep at her desk too many times and for turning tricks behind the building on her lunch hour without punching out. . .. . 

I love this!!!  Was she fired for turning tricks?  Or fired for not punching out???

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
(edited)

The whole child support/repo'd Durango case finally got through to me.   

What I think happened is the Durango was repo'd, the company sold it at auction, and there was a $3k plus shortage.    The ex-wife got stuck with it when the man filed for bankruptcy, because as the other person on the loan, she either paid the money, or had a huge negative on her credit report.     Since he had filed bankruptcy, the man wasn't paying anything on the debt.      The credit report would have screwed up everything for her for a long time financially.

I bet he's also one of those people that divorces, and the new family is the one he cares about, not the children he fathered.         

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 9

The minute I saw the guy in the Durango case, I told my husband he's either "disabled" or he's "self employed".  Not sure what state they're in, but where I live, they can't garnish the wages of the self employed for pretty much anything.  So many people came in when I worked at the collection agency years ago, and pretty much laughed at the back taxes because they were self employed.  They also can't garnish SSI, Disability, etc, so many deadbeat parents are "disabled".  They CAN take any settlement money they get, but many live with family, and use the settlement money to purchase things that are not in their name (so they can't be seized as assets), or they cash out, and give the money to someone else so it can't be touched.  So many scammers.  He was pretty much giving the middle finger to everyone.  I wonder how abusive he was, as he blamed everything under the sun on his ex wife.  I told Mr. Funky she was lucky to get away, otherwise we might be seeing her on the ID Channel....

As for the one with the effeminate werewolf and his ex with the ton of paperwork, neither are up for parent of the year, but something I couldn't put my finger on was seriously wrong with werewolf man.  He was just really "off", and I'd believe he has some mental issues.  The cops not allowing him to wait with his kids while the mom came and got them.....two hours away....spoke volumes.  And another one where JJ got it somewhat wrong.  If the woman hadn't called about the dad slapping the daughter, then JJ might say she was condoning child abuse and didn't care about her kid.  Darned if she did, and darned if she didn't.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, stitcher73 said:

I love this!!!  Was she fired for turning tricks?  Or fired for not punching out???

We had a young woman in a company where I used to work who was performing oral sex on men in the company's carpool van at lunchtime.  She was found out when coworkers were looking for something in her desk while she was on vacation, and found several uncashed paychecks.  So they did a little investigation on why she (a single woman) didn't need her paychecks.

When they confronted her and told her she was going to be terminated, she unfolded a list of her clients.  She said, "If I'm fired, they need to be fired as well . . . or would you prefer to have the phone number of my attorney?"

Nobody got fired.  However, they closed off access to the carpool vans during lunchtime after that.

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
(edited)

3:30 rerun (long story but the 3p.m. was zapped by my cable)-

Caught the very end of Deceased Mom, Deadbeat Dad?-Plaintiff took custody of her grandchild, and says deadbeat dad was cruel and abusive, and stole the social security checks meant for the child.     I think plaintiff received the SS checks back. 

Horse Lease/Sale Gone Bad-The classic case where Plaintiff was lease to purchase (15 payments of $100 each, to equal $1500) a horse from defendant.   Plaintiff paid one payment, owes $1400, and stopped paying.   Plaintiff claims horse is not what she wanted, but still has it, and wants board, and other fees from defendant.    $1400 to defendant, plaintiff keeps the horse, and then the good part happens with the reaction to the verdict. ( I think what actually happened was the plaintiff did a lease-purchase on the horse, paid only $100, stopped paying the $1400, and thought she would get to return the horse, or get paid for board, etc. and not have to pay for the horse.    Selling horses on payment plan is a bad idea, and a $1500 horse is not Seabiscuit, and you sell as is).   

The entertaining part is when JJ says $1400 to the defendant, and the plaintiff goes into the hall and has a breakdown, complete with gasping, sobbing, and staggering off camera.   

Parent of the Year in the Hot Seat!-Plaintiff ($8,00 an hour employee) was letting defendant buy a $35 part for his race car.   Defendant bought a bunch of stuff with the card, and claims plaintiff forced him to do that.    Defendant earns a lot under the table, has full custody of two kids, his own business, and has an expensive race car.    JJ threatens to put a lien on the race car, and notify the IRS about his tax evasion.    I feel sorry for the plaintiff, looking so foolish and desperate on national TV.  $1500 to plaintiff, and hallterview defendant calls her ugly (funny coming from a tax evading crook).  

Runaway Pit Bull Puppy!- Plaintiff bought pit bull puppy, registered with UKC. from her sister in law.  Sister-in-law never took any of the nine puppies to the vet, and claims she sold them for $500 each.   Puppy escaped yard, and after six weeks wasn't potty trained, and defendant found the dog.    Defendant kept the puppy, no lost puppy signs, and plaintiff never told animal control or anyone else the puppy was lost.     Defendant had puppy chipped, vaccinations (plaintiff never took the dog to the vet either), and wants to keep the dog.    Plaintiff wants either $500 or the puppy back.    JJ gives the lying plaintiff $100 , so the defendant gets the puppy. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, stitcher73 said:

It was a combo platter. . . not punching out, using her cell phone at her desk to "schedule dates" while the office phones rang off the hook (she was a scheduler at a very busy medical center so she's supposed to pick up the phone once in a while), dozing off in front of patients trying to make appointments, taking off every Monday after a weekend of too much partying, missing an entire week of work because of "pink eye" (gaaaah, I was Lysoling every doorknob she might have touched for several weeks) and of course, my favorite which I believe tipped the scales, having one of her sleazy "dates" waiting for her lunch break in the patient waiting room. 

The ex-wife got stuck with it when the man filed for bankruptcy, because as the other person on the title, she either paid the money, or had a huge negative on her credit report.     Since he had filed bankruptcy, the man wasn't paying anything on the debt.      The credit report would have screwed up everything for her for a long time financially.

That's a big 10-4 on that one. My Ex got the house (and I got a settlement) and refinanced the house so he could pay off all the bills. Which he didn't do. Everything he chose not to pay went on my credit report, even though I ended up having to pay them but they were late. It took me YEARS to get things straight again. 

I was also getting some weird vibes from the effeminate werewolf but that ex wife of his was super duper creepy. She looked like the kind of chick that would take the family dog to the pound and tell the kids it was because of the dad. Maybe the werewolf was driven crazy because of old Thin Lips there. 

• Love 5
(edited)

"This is a Petri dish for scammers!"  😁

Once in a blue moon, JJ's Pavlovian suspicion of any new thing happening online hits the nail right on the head, and this was one of those times.

Those schemes like GoFundMe, KickStarter, giving groups that are not "charity charity", etc. are indeed a fertile hunting ground for hustlers.

JJ asked the plaintiff what would possess her to go on these to ask for money. She should know by now that if there is way to make quick money with little effort and by taking advantage of an apparently inexhaustible supply of suckers, people will make use of it, on the Web or elsewhere. Basic human greed.

A more relevant question would have been why some people keep giving money to these funding drives, especially to regular applicants with recurring and varying sob stories to pull at the heart strings of potential donors. Full disclosure: I have never given money to those ventures, even when the story seemed convincing (on the surface at least) or the project worthwhile. I do not like to gamble with my charitable donations.

Edited by Florinaldo
  • Love 7
(edited)

5 p.m. both new episodes-

Petri Dish for Scammers?!-Defendant with gifting group (not a charity on FB), and is being sued by the plaintiff for defamation, and calling her a scammer.  Defendant was a charity employee and was assaulted by a client, and fired, and sued.    Plaintiff (civil servant) said defendant is a scammer, and runs a fake charity (not a real 501 (c)3 charity).    Plaintiff wanted money for contact lenses, and wanted strangers to give it to her.    After plaintiff posted how much she needed, and someone on the group sent her $60.   

Plaintiff's dog was sick, and she wanted money for vet bills, $1600 - $1700 (she received money on a gofundme for that, $110 raised).   Supposedly her dog was also attacked.  How does the plaintiff keep a job, with so many money grabs going on?  Defendant posted on FB that people should tell plaintiff's job about her various scams.    How does unemployed defendant support herself, and still donate?   JJ dismisses case, since neither litigant has clean hands.     

Pit Bull Rescue Wreaks Havoc...of Course!-Plaintiff suing former roommate defendant for damages when he was watching her dog.   Apparently, the house they shared was packed like a clown car.    Plaintiff claims she now has to walk her dog in a muzzle.    Plaintiff is suing defendant, who works from home, for not watching her dog 24/7.   Plaintiff is suing defendant for vet bills, after the dog attacked either a person or another animal.    One day dog got out, off leash, attacked a neighbor's dog.  Plaintiff wants vet bills for the other dog.  Plaintiff just told off JJ, and got the Byrd boot.  

You'll Get Dizzy From All the Lying!-Plaintiff suing defendant for the balance on an iPhone (always an iPhone), and iPad that plaintiff financed for her.    The lies are piling up in this case.  Plaintiff knew Verizon wouldn't deal with the defendant, so she put her on her Verizon account.  $1684 was the total, and monthly payments were due, then they had a fight, and plaintiff gave defendant 60 days to pay off the balance of the contract, but it's only been two weeks since they agreed to this.     Defendant claims the iPad, and iPhone were left on plaintiff's desk, and then claims they were locked in a manager's safe.     Manager denies receiving the phone, and iPad, and wasn't at work when the defendant says she took the devices.   Hallterview shows fight was over claim one woman slept with other woman's boyfriend.   $1295 for the plaintiff.   

Clueless Mechanic or Clever Thief?!-Plaintiff suing defendant mechanic for stealing his truck.  Mechanic worked on truck previously, head on accident happened, truck was towed to the garage, but plaintiff didn't go to garage with tow truck.   When plaintiff finally called mechanic, he discovered that mechanic didn't have the truck.   There is a text to plaintiff saying that defendant will get to truck soon.   His goose is cooked.  Plaintiff gets $2200. 

(In the child slapping case with Ms. Shippy, my guess is the ex drove to a far police station because he was afraid that the ex-wife had hired someone to hurt him.    I don't think he trusted the authorities where the ex-wife lived.    I agree he seemed very nervous, but having years of that woman's allegations, with the girls in the middle, can wear you down.).

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 4
9 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

You'll Get Dizzy From All the Lying!

The defendant did not even bother to put any energy in her lying. She was just bouncing from one lie to the next, passively guided by the inertia of untruthfulness (a manifestation of Newton's First Law of Fibbing I suppose).

14 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

(In the child slapping case with Ms. Shippy, my guess is the ex drove to a far police station because he was afraid that the ex-wife had hired someone to hurt him.    I don't think he trusted the authorities where the ex-wife lived.    I agree he seemed very nervous, but having years of that woman's allegations, with the girls in the middle, can wear you down.). 

That is a very persuasive take on the situation.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Florinaldo said:

"This is a Petri dish for scammers!"  😁

Once in a blue moon, JJ's Pavlovian suspicion of any new thing happening online hits the nail right on the head, and this was one of those times.

Those schemes like GoFundMe, KickStarter, giving groups that are not "charity charity", etc. are indeed a fertile hunting ground for hustlers.

JJ asked the plaintiff what would possess her to go on these to ask for money. She should know by now that if there is way to make quick money with little effort and by taking advantage of an apparently inexhaustible supply of suckers, people will make use of it, on the Web or elsewhere. Basic human greed.

A more relevant question would have been why some people keep giving money to these funding drives, especially to regular applicants with recurring and varying sob stories to pull at the heart strings of potential donors. Full disclosure: I have never given money to those ventures, even when the story seemed convincing (on the surface at least) or the project worthwhile. I do not like to gamble with my charitable donations.

Why didn’t JJ tell the defendant to get that piece of hair out of her eye, very annoying to see it.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Florinaldo said:

My thoughts exactly.  There is a sucker born every minute.  Also, some people donate to these schemes because it feeds their ego and  they want to pat themselves on the back for helping needy people out.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, iwasish said:

Why didn’t JJ tell the defendant to get that piece of hair out of her eye, very annoying to see it.

Yeah, I remember years ago I saw a litigant who had her bangs growing straight down to just under her eyes.  No idea how she saw through those things, as they created a solid curtain completely obscuring the top of her face.  She looked striking that way, but I wondered if she had some deformity she was hiding.  The judge asked her to part her bangs so he could see her eyes.  Turned out she had beautiful eyes.  The judge told her he needed her to keep her bangs away from her face because he looked at the eyes to help him determine when someone was telling the truth or trying to shift the conversation.  I think she probably knew in advance she wouldn't be allowed to wear her hair like that, because her eyes were fully made up and she happily pulled out some barrettes and expertly secured her bangs to the sides.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, Mrs Shibbles said:

My thoughts exactly.  There is a sucker born every minute.  Also, some people donate to these schemes because it feeds their ego and  they want to pat themselves on the back for helping needy people out.

There are some groups like that in my area. I steer clear of them.  If I need something, I certainly do not go there and ask for it.  Once, I offered to give someone something (posted in a regular sale group - not some freebie grab), and it was because I was looking to get rid of an old microwave (it worked, but the display didn't work well) and that went to someone who had a house fire. 

That went well, so I offered some old furniture I had when I saw a woman who was evicted from her place.  She assured me she wanted it.  I told her we had cats, and the prior owner of the sofa had dogs.  She didn't care.  I told her the couch had a small hidden rip, and the recliner had belonged to my mother prior, and it had a loose arm that was easily fixed.  Then she went silent.  I  got frustrated and left a few notes on the post.  Then someone PM'd me an said she saw my post, and that I should give the furniture to her to give to a desperate friend.  I stressed how crucial it was that it be picked up by a certain time, and gave her the same disclosure on it.  She told me it was no problem, and her son in laws would come get it, and they did.  They were rough with the recliner and drug the couch on it's side down the deck.  Then they crammed the couch in to the back of a pick-up with a cap, and put the recliner on the trailer with a bunch of other stuff.  I thought all was well.  Then my new stuff showed up and they didn't have my recliner.  Great.

A few hours after they got the furniture, the woman PM'd me with "Feeling used. Karma".  Nothing else.  I initially thought her friend did something to her, so I said "Oh no!  What's wrong?".  No reply.  I waited a bit, and said "I gave you full disclosure on the furniture.  If you're unhappy about it, please respond with what you don't like, because your son in laws drug it down the deck and crammed it in to a truck.  If you're directing the Karma comment at me, then you will be pleased to know my recliner didn't show up.  Kindly return my recliner to me if you are unhappy with it.  I will give you $5 for gas.  If you don't like the couch, you can bring it back and toss it in to our dumpster - we are allowed to put large furniture items in it."

I never heard from her again.  We think she gives out the sob story to get freebies to flip for money.  I sell on FB from time to time, and I belong to a few groups where you can post people who tried to rip you off, or stiffed you, etc.  They are full of complaints where they gave someone something because they cried, and they then turned around and tried to sell it.  

• Love 2

Those schemes like GoFundMe, KickStarter, giving groups that are not "charitycharity", etc. are indeed a fertile hunting ground for hustlers.

Oh - you mean like a relative on my son-in-law's side who had three kids that got taken away by the state that were raised by some elderly family members (the third one a newborn while she was in jail) and then had a FOURTH (that she pawned on the baby daddy's grandmother) before she got her tubes tied and now she has a Go Fund Me to have her tubal ligation reversed? Yeah NO. Or that same person who was trying to get money to travel to Michigan to pick up her new boyfriend's child because the guy couldn't cross state lines because he was on parole and was a child sex offender. (!!!!)

Funky Rat, I suggest you go to Reddit and check out the subreddit called "Choosing Beggars". It's a plethora of posts, most pretty much like yours where people try to be kind and it ends up kicking them in the teeth. (stuff like when furniture is given away and the receiver wants it delivered to their house two hours away because they are a SSM or have a sick kid or already ordered pizza and can't miss the pizza delivery guy. 

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, ItsHelloPattiagain said:

Funky Rat, I suggest you go to Reddit and check out the subreddit called "Choosing Beggars". It's a plethora of posts, most pretty much like yours where people try to be kind and it ends up kicking them in the teeth. (stuff like when furniture is given away and the receiver wants it delivered to their house two hours away because they are a SSM or have a sick kid or already ordered pizza and can't miss the pizza delivery guy. 

I'll have to check that out.  My worst one was a woman who bought some clothes off me.  I buy quality plus sized clothing for myself.  As I lose weight, I take stuff to a local resale place who gives me store credit, and what they don't want goes for sale on FB.  If it doesn't sell in a reasonable time, then I donate it, but if I can get a few bucks, I will.  Anyway, this woman asks to buy various things off of me afterward (and not always clothes) but then puts me off saying she doesn't have the money - ask her next week - when I set up a meet.  I eventually get tired, and move on.

I'm cleaning out my closet one day, and find I have a huge tub of stuff I tried to sell, and the resale store didn't want.  I gather it all up in bags - 3 big garbage bags full.  I took them to her house and gave them to her.  She didn't ask or beg - I was just being kind.  She invited me in to her house.  She was sitting around in a ratty nightgown.  With no underwear.  I politely excused myself and left.

After that, it was a non-stop "Are you getting rid of any bras?  Any nightgowns?  Any.....".  No.  Just no.  I finally had to block her when she once again asked me to hold something for her, then told me she didn't have the money, but was buying stuff from other people.  I saw her pop up in a rate the sale group.  I said "You dodged a bullet with that one.  She can never meet - you have to go to her - and she never has the money but wants you to wait (and she'll buy stuff from other people).  I gave her clothes for free, and it turned in to a beg fest for other stuff.  Also beware because she has several different accounts."  Turns out the person complaining was her daughter, and the complaint was about some seller who didn't want to deliver to her mom, and didn't want to hold.  The daughter gave the same sob story about her mom being disabled, etc.  After reading my comment, the post was deleted, and the daughter left the group.  I had mis-read the post - I thought the person selling the stuff was complaining about this woman jerking her around.  Oh well.  🤣

I recently saw someone that apparently lives in my neighborhood selling stuff that I know she fished out of our large community dumpster.  Including a box spring.  I warned the groups about her.  If you want to flip freebies, fine, but don't get them out of a dumpster with no lid, open to elements and animals.  Just gross.  🤮

• Love 3

Today's 3 p.m. reruns-

Uber Affair?!-Litigants lived together for a year, after meeting on an Adult dating website.    Plaintiff dumped defendant when girlfriend said she had sex for money with one of her Uber passengers.   Defendant assaulted plaintiff, and broke his computer, they went back to intimate relationship, so that's out.   Plaintiff gets nothing.  Defendant lived with him after an argument when her finger was broken, so that's out.   Nothing for anyone.

Wedding Vows and Alcohol!-Plaintiff suing banquet hall owner for cost of his wedding reception, and return of security deposit.    Everything costs $800, and event happened, and contract says you could have alcohol indoors, and not outdoors.  Defendant says his guests were drinking outdoors (illegal many places), plaintiff claims his guests were uncomfortable and left.  No refund.  Security deposit of $300 wasn't returned either, but there was no damage so deposit gets returned. $300 for plaintiff.   

Fishing Frenzy!-Plaintiff says the Captain of the SS Enterprise (large commercial charter fishing boat) damaged his vessel. while fishing on the Pacific.  Defendant says plaintiff broke the 'rules of the road', and nothing was his fault.   Theory is that plaintiff shadows commercial boats to see the best fishing and baited spots.  Plaintiff claims a deck hand yelled "Get that boat", and someone threw a heavy lure, and damaged plaintiff's boat.   Plaintiff receives $1382 for his boat cowling.

Family Reunion Food Fail?!-Plaintiff family members say the food at the annual reunion was store bought and in low supply.  Plaintiff is suing defendant caterer for the three meals over two days for the reunion, and wants half of the money back.    Staff was provided, supplies were his job also, and it was all done for $16 per person, for 150 people.    Plaintiff didn't get substitute food, but they ate what was provided, and "Ate the Steak".  They paid $2500 for the catering.   Nothing for plaintiff. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ItsHelloPattiagain said:

Funky Rat, I suggest you go to Reddit and check out the subreddit called "Choosing Beggars".

Oh my, been there!  What a rathole of entitled assholes!   Some are so outlandish, that I wonder if they are true!

So, I see we both are watching "The Employables".  Those people with every strike to overcome,  busting hump for a job, really WANTING to work and be self sufficient.   Then back to court shows where 80% of our able-bodied litigants will do nothing except procreate.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
(edited)

5 p.m both new episodes-

When Exotic Cats Attack?!-Plaintiff suing defendant for vet bills from her cat being attacked by defendant's on-leash dog.  Abyssinian indoor/outdoor cat is claimed to stay on plaintiff's property, which is a bunch of garbage.    Plaintiff was on front deck, heard scream, and cat was in dog's mouth.   A neighbor's son came up, and saw the cat in the dog's mouth in the driveway, until the dog released the cat.   

Defendant was walking dogs with her friend, dogs were on harnesses, and leashes.    Defendant claims the cat attacked the dog, dog pounced on cat, cat scratched the defendant's legs, and arms.    Defendant counter claiming for her medical bills from cat attack.    Who cares if there's a cat door?  Neighbor who rescued cat is a fool.   Cat was euthanized, which is not the defendant's fault.   Plaintiff gets nothing.  Plaintiff also wrote a nasty letter to defendant, alleging the dog killed cats before, which is a lie.  

Defendant receives $1,000 for cat scratches on arms and legs, and for enduring the attack.   

Off to the Races!-Plaintiff suing former friend for unpaid loan to pay mortgage, and sexual harassment, $5,000.  Defendant claims it wasn't a loan, but an investment that went bad, and was for a race team, in return for 25% of the winnings, however there is no contract with the plaintiff.    $5k to plaintiff.     

My Yard is Not Your Pet's Bathroom!-Plaintiff suing neighbor (two houses down) defendant over property damage from dog, defendant only fesses up, after video shown.    There is a lot of damage to the yard from dog urine.   The harassment by the defendant started after plaintiffs were granted a TRO against the next door neighbor (neighbor is the defendant's witness), between the litigants' houses.  Plaintiffs have a Ring doorbell video of the off leash dog nailing the yard.    There are numerous still photos of the defendant and his dog on the plaintiff's property.   $2.045 to plaintiffs, to repair the lawn. 

My guess is the next door neighbor, and the dog owner will never stop, and plaintiffs need to move if they can.    My guess is that next door neighbor the plaintiffs have a TRO against, and dog walker are buddies, and he's helping the witness/neighbor harass them.  

Speeding Away With Identity Theft!?-Defendant borrowed plaintiff's ID, because he loses his ID all of the time.    Defendant used the plaintiff's ID when he received a speeding ticket, driving 56 in a 35 mph zone.   A warrant was issued for the plaintiff, and he was arrested in the TSA line at the Atlanta airport.    Georgia has something called a Superspeeder ticket, and it is a huge fine, and this ticket might qualify.    $1000 for the plaintiff.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

When Exotic Cats Attack?!

The plaintiff and her witness came across as insufferably idiotic. I am surprised JJ did not ask him where he studied feline psychology to come up with his "beliefs" that cats cannot live indoors or else they get unbearably stressed. If you believe that and let your cats run freely outdoors, then you are responsible for the consequences, although the more likely victims of those consequences are probably the animals.

15 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

(My guess is the next door neighbor, and the dog owner will never stop, and plaintiffs need to move if they can).

Yes, this was only one chapter in a story that will likely continue to unfold.

16 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Speeding Away With Identity Theft!?

So losing your ID multiple times is supposed to be considered normal?

That being said, the plaintiff was stupid for lending his driver's license to the defendant. Was he still driving around while the other idiot had his ID?

• Love 6
On 5/14/2019 at 7:40 PM, VartanFan said:

I would have given the dramatic bike lady $1

Try to imagine the scene she must have made when she fell. Or in the ER. Good grief, what terrible old biddy.

On 5/14/2019 at 6:59 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

Signed lease says no smoking, but plaintiff's daughter was smoking in the apartment.

I’m willing to bet the plaintiff was smoking also based on the sound of smoker’s phlegm voice I heard in halterview.  🚬🚬🤢 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
(edited)

BTW, there was zero chance of that cyclist not being drunk when he crashed into Sarah Bernhardt the drama queen.  He was drunk when he appeared on television and he's probably drunk now.  Even money the only reason he was on a bike in the first place was due to a suspended or revoked driver's license.  Clearly he's not a fitness junkie or an environmentalist.

Did anybody else notice the major eye roll the woman in the gallery did when Sarah B. testified she warned the zig zagging drunk that "bicycle number 2 is approaching on your right".

Edited by Byrd is the Word
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
15 hours ago, Florinaldo said:

The plaintiff and her witness came across as insufferably idiotic. I am surprised JJ did not ask him where he studied feline psychology to come up with his "beliefs" that cats cannot live indoors or else they get unbearably stressed. If you believe that and let your cats run freely outdoors, then you are responsible for the consequences, although the more likely victims of those consequences are probably the animals.

She asked him like five times whose fault it would be if the cat got hurt or killed while running around loose outside, trying to get him to admit it was on him and his wife, and he just never answered her.

• Love 5