Type keyword(s) to search

Kyle and Noon: Don't Talk To His Mom

• Start Topic

Discuss Kyle and Noon here.

Kyle is a 28-year-old Big Easy bartender who met 25-year-old Noon while on a trip to Thailand. Noon is not too happy about the kinds of ladies hanging around Kyle’s workplace, and soon, jealousy becomes a major issue.

There are a couple of sneak peeks of these two online. They seem really cute and in love. I just always shake my head over these guys who bring a fiance over while they're still living with a roommate. I get that it might be a financial concern, but this is where saving up for a few months and getting your own place seems worth it. Another person in the mix is bound to cause hard feelings for someone.

• Love 2

I noticed that too! I thought his eyes were also excessively red. I figured he had been crying, because he seemed on the verge of hysterics when he was waiting at the airport.

But I sure would need drugs to get me through 5 minutes in that hellpit of an apartment he has, so....

He had bottles of 5-HTP on his dresser -- which folks use to help replace their serotonin after taking Molly.

Good eye! Yeah, I rewatched the beginning and even when he wasn't all nervous and teary, his eyes were still super glassy. I feel bad for Noon that she left her whole family to live in/with that mess. And not only does the roommate have to go through Kyle's room when he leaves, but Kyle (and now Noon!) have to go thru his room to get to the kitchen?! That is a completely unacceptable living situation for your girlfriend that has just moved to America. Noon can't even get a glass of water without having to uncomfortably traverse random naked roommate...and a million roaches! Ick. 

• Love 3

I can't be certain, but being a bartender on Bourbon Street can't be the worst -paying gig in the world. He probably makes quite a bit in tips just from the sheer volume of drinks he serves every day.

My guess is he would have a more decent living situation if a lot of that money didn't go right out the door again in the form of whatever substances he appears to be in the habit of ingesting.

I like these two as human beings and would love to see Kyle motivated to make some changes for the better in his life situation in order to makes things better for Noon as well. Maybe his life just needs a bit of a "woman's touch".

• Love 5

I like Noon a lot. She seems very sweet, and like she genuinely loves Kyle. Unfortunately, I see a lot of red flags around Kyle. I'm curious about his issues with his parents, and concerned that it seemed that Noon didn't really know just how bad his relationship with them is. Also, that house (not just the lack of hygiene but the floorplan and roommate) is so far from acceptable. I feel like she knew it was small, but had no idea about the lack of privacy. Plus, there's Kyle's speculated drug use. Poor Noon. I hope that he gets his shit together quickly, or she goes back to Thailand.

• Love 2

Even if she helps get his shit together it's not far from falling apart at any time I know of what I speak. She needs to cut her losses a broken heart will heal. A broken spirit? Not always can

• Love 3

I'm confused, I thought to get the Fiance Visa, they had to already be engaged... what's with this proposal?

It's this show. They make you think one thing, when in reality, it's a whole different story. Which I am hoping is the case, and that the roaches were just brought in and set loose for filming. TLC might have even paid for the skydiving, who knows.

I'm confused, I thought to get the Fiance Visa, they had to already be engaged... what's with this proposal?

Last year on Visa Journey and the other help message boards the TLC recruiters were pushing to find a couple going on their first vacation and meeting. A certain percentage basically decide to get married from online communications and get engaged on that first meeting trip baring some major red flag coming up when the two people meet in person.

I was watching tonight and noticed Kyle's workplace (Olde N'awlins Cookery if I read his shirt right). I've eaten there several times. They have the BEST fried catfish platter!!!! 

As for the roaches, New Orleans is so old that I can believe that they had that many roaches. It's old. It's humid. Everything is close together down near the French Quarter. Plus it didn't help that Kyle and his roommate were filthy and I wouldn't think they paid for an exterminator.

• Love 1

I was watching tonight and noticed Kyle's workplace (Olde N'awlins Cookery if I read his shirt right). I've eaten there several times. They have the BEST fried catfish platter!!!! 

As for the roaches, New Orleans is so old that I can believe that they had that many roaches. It's old. It's humid. Everything is close together down near the French Quarter. Plus it didn't help that Kyle and his roommate were filthy and I wouldn't think they paid for an exterminator.

I think he works at Oceana!  Of Kitchen Nightmare fame!

• Love 1

I forgot that Kyle was only 28 so basically he has been estranged from his mother for half his life. I wonder if he went to live with another family member.

Basically he hasn't seen her since he turned 18 and got the hell away. So I guess they started having issues when he was in HS.

• Love 1

I forgot that Kyle was only 28 so basically he has been estranged from his mother for half his life. I wonder if he went to live with another family member.

I like Noon but you could clearly see how difficult that conversation was for Kyle.  He clearly did not want to go into it on TV, I hope it was more producer pushing Noon into that conversation than her pushing him to that place of discomfort.

It always annoys me when someone comes into a relationship and immediately wants to "fix" family issues that have been going on for a long time.  Noon has no idea what caused the estrangement between Kyle and his parents.  She does have a right to know these things but sometimes when there are family issues it takes time to share them because of the hurt they caused.  If their relationship hinges on his relationship with his parents then they might not be right for each other.  Not everyone is fortunate to have a good relationship with their family. It's possible that the healthiest choice for Kyle to not have a relationship with his parents.

• Love 5

I like Noon but you could clearly see how difficult that conversation was for Kyle.  He clearly did not want to go into it on TV, I hope it was more producer pushing Noon into that conversation than her pushing him to that place of discomfort.

It always annoys me when someone comes into a relationship and immediately wants to "fix" family issues that have been going on for a long time.  Noon has no idea what caused the estrangement between Kyle and his parents.  She does have a right to know these things but sometimes when there are family issues it takes time to share them because of the hurt they caused.  If their relationship hinges on his relationship with his parents then they might not be right for each other.  Not everyone is fortunate to have a good relationship with their family. It's possible that the healthiest choice for Kyle to not have a relationship with his parents.

And I bet that when the TLC talent scout found out mom was willing to be on the air it was the tipping point that allowed Kyle and Noon to be among the chosen ones.

• Love 2

I really like this couple, I see a true love match here.

I agree the producers had to stir up some stuff cause maybe these 2 lovebirds were too happy - they need some drama

I hope they can put the past behind and build their own happy memories

Lots of guys have a bachelor pad phase....Kyle has shown he moved on for Noon's sake

The skydive would freak me out but it was sweet proposal. While he does not have family , he has been quick to include

her with his friends. Many of the couples on here don't seem to have friends, he does and they like Noon

These 2 grew their relationship and I think it is solid, I loved when he took her to the Temple and she reminded him to take off his

shoes he said "I know" haha...sweet

I hope they can move past his family, use the money from the show wisely and start a great life together!

• Love 4

I am so happy to see that Kyle and Noon truly love each other, and will have their own happy home life.  Their wedding was beautiful, and Kyle seems like a damaged soul who just needed to find the right woman to bring out the man in him.  He really has done well in making Noon feel at home and as comfortable in her new country as possible. 

Looking back at all of his talking heads which appear to have been filmed at the same time, his eyes are so red because he was on the verge of tears so many times.  If he did have a drug habit, hopefully he'll stop now, which I think he alluded to when he said at the end that he has improved himself for Noon. 

• Love 1

I can understand Kyle living in a pigsty, having seen his mother. I grew up with alcoholic parents who didn't give a shit about anything other than drinking. Everything in our house was old, broken down, shabby, dirty, messy. I grew up not knowing any different. So if Kyle grew up in a chaotic household, order and neatness isn't something he's used to. It's not something I was comfortable with when I was first living alone. It's almost as if I didn't feel I deserved to have a nice home.

I hope these two work out. I think they really love each other and Noon will be a very good influence on him.

• Love 3

Noon is obviously a "mother" figure for Kyle;  I don't see much passion there, just a chance for Kyle to get the unconditional love he never got in the first place.  Noon is going to be both a mother type and a therapist I'm afraid, but her personality seems suited for that.  She does appear genuinely caring.  I think this is why we saw Kyle acting flirtatiously as a bartender-- he will "love" Noon and lust after other women.

• Love 1

Noon is obviously a "mother" figure for Kyle;  I don't see much passion there, just a chance for Kyle to get the unconditional love he never got in the first place.  Noon is going to be both a mother type and a therapist I'm afraid, but her personality seems suited for that.  She does appear genuinely caring.  I think this is why we saw Kyle acting flirtatiously as a bartender-- he will "love" Noon and lust after other women.

He said the flirting was for his job, and I tend to believe it.  New Orleans is a party town with people who want to cut loose.  People want to dance, people want to flirt and turn it up a few notches.  Everything in that area should be a party.  I can't imagine being a bartender on Bourbon Street unless you were able to flirt shamelessly and create a fun atmosphere.  People would just go next door to the next bar, so you gotta do something to keep them there and keep them coming back.  I wouldn't be surprised to learn that Kyle flirts with everyone who flirts with him, male or female.

• Love 4

I have high hopes for Kyle and Noon to make it with their marriage. It's a good omen that he's so respectful of her heritage and culture. I agree with others that Noon may be more of a mother/therapist for Kyle, but that could be exactly what he needs.

• Love 2

I have high hopes for Kyle and Noon to make it with their marriage. It's a good omen that he's so respectful of her heritage and culture. I agree with others that Noon may be more of a mother/therapist for Kyle, but that could be exactly what he needs.

I hate to say it, but Kyle fits a certain type of Asia-phile white guy I've encountered in the US.  Part of the draw to Asian religion and culture appears to be because they have become so turned off towards white culture and white women, most likely because of a very dysfunctional white heritage.  Not to say that Kyle is like this, but I've seen it numerous times-- Sometimes these men can be very misogynistic, but not towards all women, only caucasian women.  I guess this works in Noon's favor, but friends of mine who are Asian American run from men like this very quickly.  

Kyle strikes me as a nice, but slightly lost, guy who met a sweet and very attractive woman while on vacation.  It seems like a normal love relationship between people who can also be good friends to each other, not a relationship based on fleeting lust and infatuation.  She respects him, and he respects her.  How lovely.

• Love 7

Kyle strikes me as a nice, but slightly lost, guy who met a sweet and very attractive woman while on vacation.  It seems like a normal love relationship between people who can also be good friends to each other, not a relationship based on fleeting lust and infatuation.  She respects him, and he respects her.  How lovely.

I agree.  Very well stated.

• Love 1

From the start I liked them...

Kyle said he was asking quest/ions about what to do in Thailand on facebook, Noon replied, they chatted, 

agreed to meet. It was not a dating page, it was a travel page 

I don't think he has an Asian hang up - I was touched by him having wedding in the Temple 

he wanted to make her happy!

I am glad his aunt and uncle were there for Kyle

It all worked out

• Love 6

If he did have a drug habit, hopefully he'll stop now, which I think he alluded to when he said at the end that he has improved himself for Noon. 

I still don't think he had a drug problem. Many men (and women) say they want or need to improve themselves, make themselves a better person for whatever reason. My husband has made similar statements. They feel like they themselves weren't worth making themselves better for but in my case, I was that person for my husband. Noon is that for Kyle. I loved watching them.

Sad that production had to dig up the mom for drama but it's another damned if they do, damned if they don't. People always complain about this stuff but then if we just saw their sweet love story even more people would complain about how boring they are. Aleks and Josh were in the same boat so production played on their religion and her party girl past conflict which as we paid more attention we saw really wasn't a big deal.

• Love 2

I think Kyle is in the absolute best track. "I want to better myself for her". That is what love is about, better yourself for love. When someone else's happiness make you better and happy and giving. He will treat her as family, because he has none (except for his aunt/uncle). I see this relationship going solid. 

Like with most couples, I feel sorry for Noon being so far from her family. Even if it is the love of your life, that pain never goes away.

• Love 5

I think EVERYONE can agree this is the best couple, maybe one of the best couples of the series. Notice how they have no drama, Noon is very understanding weither it be his family or bugs, she is someone that REALLY loves KYLE and this is what a REAL relationship should look like.

Several of you have had doubts about Kyle, but if you notice Noon is never miserable and they are always thinking about each others needs. Kyle really cares about her and I think he does think about her all the time.

Sure his house did have a lot of bugs, but in New Orleans it's something that is very bad in general, but his was very bad but still. I know once it gets dark you better close your blinds so the termintes don't get in! He even said she is making him cleaner.

• Love 3