Type keyword(s) to search

Hannibal in the Media

The article says that one of the biggest sticking points right now is Fuller's availability.  He is committed to work on a new show for Starz which would delay season 4 of Hannibal, which apparently is a problem for the international production company, and therefore the actors were let out of their contracts.

That might be true but lots of EP's run more than one show, Whedon ran 3, Lorre ran 4, Rimes will run 4 this fall, Wolf ran several L&O's. They had help of course, but so does BF. In fact, if I remember correctly, had the Munsters been picked up he'd have been running that along with Hannibal. I think it's the Amazon thing personally (not having steaming rights). Still hoping they can work something out somehow, I think SDCC will help show how popular the show still is, and possibly drum up some interest.

I am majorly curious as to how Fuller was going to do S5 without Clarice Starling, how he was going to do S6 when he's already covered pretty much all of that book in S3, and what on earth he was planning for S7. I hope we get to see them in SOME form. I'd even settle for just a synopsis.

• Love 1
(edited)

Fuller has been really open and generous about everything, he's released the working scripts to both seasons on his website.   I think we will get a synopsis or even early drafts of script parts. 

I think MGM (who owns Clarice and the other SotL characters) was waiting to see how the show would do and how Fuller would interpret the Hannibal franchise in general.  If Fuller got renewed for seasons 4 and 5 I think MGM would have released Clarice and Buffalo Bill to him.  

Edited by GreyBunny
  • Love 1

Plus, they could always make up another character to represent Clarice. In a way they already did that to some degree with the trainee who got her arm cut off. I'm sure they could find a work-around if need be.

• Love 1

The cookbook is a go!!!!!!!

From http://janicepoonart.blogspot.com/2015/07/episode-6-dolce.html

Normally, I sadly tell you here that I am unable to include recipes and sketches in this recap because of the wishes of the publishers of my forthcoming Hannibal cookbook. Then when Hannibal didn’t get renewed by NBC, I thought perhaps the cookbook would be axed as well. Now, I am ELATED to tell you there will be no recipes here and no sketches because publisher Titan has confirmed they are committed to the Hannibal cookbook and it will be available next fall! Yay!! I will be unable to show you sketches and recipes til then. Yay - with a soupcon of sadness, of course.

• Love 3

Kind of surprised Aquarius is going there too, since it actually got renewed.

Again though, I honestly wish they would just go ahead and release all of the episodes On Demand.  Clearly this show is a bust in the Nielson ratings department.  Just let the remaining fans get a chance to binge-watch if they want to. 

• Love 3

#%$@& I can't watch it Satudray nights! I have friends over every Saturday and two of them can't handle this show. I also don't have any recording device. Well, an old VHS player. Egads.

(edited)

No Emmy noms, not even for Production or Cinematography. Boo.

I thought Hannibal isn't eligible this year because the season started airing too late?

ETA: Now THAT'S what I call timing *lol*

Edited by Conan Troutman
  • Love 1
(edited)

I thought Hannibal isn't eligible this year because the season started airing too late?

ETA: Now THAT'S what I call timing *lol*

I just answered my own question. From the Emmy site:

June 1, 2014 - May 31, 2015

Eligibility period (please also refer to the "hanging episodes" rule) - See more at: http://www.emmys.com/news/emmys-calendar/emmy-awards-industry-calendar#sthash.qUdRP2Ox.dpuf

That means all of Season 2.

ETA: I'm being daft, aren't I? That means that that Season 2 was eligible LAST year and Season 3 was NOT eligible THIS year.

From a TV.com article about the noms:

Finally, a special note to everyone affiliated with Hannibal, as the current season didn't start early enough to be in consideration for the Emmys this year. Not that anyone would vote for those folks, but it's sad nonetheless!

Edited by lulee
  • Love 1

http://www.ecumenicalnews.com/article/nbcs-hannibal-might-be-resurrected-in-film-32234

"Netflix couldn't do it because of the Amazon streaming. Amazon would liked to have done it but they wanted to do it very quickly and I wanted to be able to get all the scripts in advance before we starting shooting...the schedule with their desire to put it on immediately was just impossible for us."

He further hinted that while it is unfortunate that the show would no longer be shown on the small screen, there is a possibility that a film adaptation of "Hannibal" could soon be in the works.

(edited)

"Netflix couldn't do it because of the Amazon streaming. Amazon would liked to have done it but they wanted to do it very quickly and I wanted to be able to get all the scripts in advance before we starting shooting...the schedule with their desire to put it on immediately was just impossible for us."

I'm having trouble believing this. If it were picked up by NBC they'd already be breaking scripts and probably start filming this fall.  I'm sure Amazon would have given them at least till next year. I've also never know a show to have all the scripts done before filming.  As far as American Gods, I can name at least 5 or 6 show runners who have had 3 or 4 series on at one time.  He himself would have Munsters on at the same time as Hannibal if it had been picked up.  I think he feels he's told his story.  He did Red Dragon and Hannibal, doesn't have the rights to SOtL.  So what story is left? He talk about having a great idea for season 4 that may make outlets reconsider after they see the end of season 3. He also talks about movie. I think he's just giving us false hope and unfortunately may end the series on a cliffhanger.

Edited by arcadia63
  • Love 1

Has anyone else noticed that Episode 12 "The Number Of The Beast Is 666" that is broadcast on NBC this Saturday (8/22) in the U.S. is listed on NBC's site as being only a half hour long?  I checked several other television schedule sites and they all show the same.  I know there's a pre-season Football game on prior to Hannibal airing, but please don't tell me NBC would pull a stunt like like.  Possibly showing half the episode or coming into the program in progress?

Has anyone else noticed that Episode 12 "The Number Of The Beast Is 666" that is broadcast on NBC this Saturday (8/22) in the U.S. is listed on NBC's site as being only a half hour long?  I checked several other television schedule sites and they all show the same.  I know there's a pre-season Football game on prior to Hannibal airing, but please don't tell me NBC would pull a stunt like like.  Possibly showing half the episode or coming into the program in progress?

RIght ow NBC has it showing as an hour. So does my local listing.

but please don't tell me NBC would pull a stunt like like.  Possibly showing half the episode or coming into the program in progress?

Oh, they would.  I freaked last week when the gymnastics was on and then mercifully it ended or else I'd be shrieking.  Although you can buy it on Amazon the next day for $1.99.  I don't usually like doing that, but I'm still in my infatuated stage with this show.  It will fade of course, just like X-Files and BSG!  Hee. 

I can only pray Broadchurch will return within 2 years.  Or better yet, American Gods actually airs!

Keegan-Michael Key was on Seth Meyers' show last night and told a story about meeting Mads. Seems he was at a business meeting and noticed MM in a conference room and asked to meet him. He shook MM's hand and apparently started gushing about how much he and his wife loved him in Hannibal (all the while still holding on to MM's hand...too long) and then he said he just went over the top and said "Merci" (like every European knows French, he said). MM said "you're welcome" back, in French. It was a pretty funny story. He's as much a fan of MM as some of us here. Video at http://sharetv.com/watch/968814

• Love 1

I love that no one gives two shits that the d in Mads is silent. Key was commenting on ridiculously speaking French to a guy from Denmark, but doesn't realise he has said Mads' name incorrectly.

• Love 1

Philadelphia area NBC doesn't look like it's showing Hannibal tonight. Stupid pre-season football. Hope it's on On Demand--especially if it's the finale. DVR schedule isn't showing any upcoming recordings.

Philadelphia area NBC doesn't look like it's showing Hannibal tonight. Stupid pre-season football. Hope it's on On Demand--especially if it's the finale. DVR schedule isn't showing any upcoming recordings.

My station is showing it at 2 in the morning. I'm recording the entire night's programming just to be safe.

Philadelphia area NBC doesn't look like it's showing Hannibal tonight. Stupid pre-season football.

Patty1h was kind to point out on the episode 12 thread that there's an alternate channel for live US viewing if NBC preempts Hannibal again tonight for football:

If football is on sched next week during Hannibal, see if your cable provider has COZI.

In the meantime, Entertainment Weekly has compiled screencaps of Hannibal's different outfits through the series. I laughed out loud at Will wearing a vest over a Henley.

Edited by halopub
  • Love 3
In the meantime, Entertainment Weekly has compiled screencaps of Hannibal's different outfits through the series. I laughed out loud at Will wearing a vest over a Henley.

It was great to see the fashion chronology.

For, "(On this show, “Tie-Optional” means “Up To No Good.”)"

- Hannibal pretty much always means, "up to no good."

My favorite lines:

GAZE UPON YOUR PAISLEY DOOM, FREDERICK CHILTON.

Fun fact: The last ten outfits? All from the same episode.

Will Graham, human incarnation of cargo pants.

• Love 2