Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E04: Animal Instincts

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

40 minutes ago, Uncle JUICE said:

I don't get it, and again I lead with the caveat that of course this guy's a douche, but think it through this way: what if YOU were the partner who wasn't consulted on a pet purchase above "fish" level? If you share a living space with someone you're married to, you have a one year old child, at least two non-neutered dogs (gross), an ex-con living there, in my view, he has a RIGHT to be pissed that she went and spent three grand of their money (he's under contract too, he's not Matt or David or Nathan or Simon, so he's got some right to the money) on ANOTHER living obligation without even discussing it (or as I suspect, discussing it while high, him saying "bad idea" and her thinking "I'll do it anyway")? Like I said, it's got to be his money too, they're married . If it were him as the breadwinner and her as the homemaker, wouldn't we all be "How dare Tyler give her something else to take care of!!!!"?  I can tell you as a parent of two with a two income house, any expenditure over a certain amount has to pass the "veto" test. And there's no way any single party in a relationship should have "purchase mouth to feed" authority. If he was pissed, he has a right to be, even if I think he's an asshole on a myriad of other items, but this one, she bought a piglet without him agreeing (and no, it's not his "permission" per se, it's respecting the other person's position). Implying that he either beat her up or 'did something' nefarious to that pig seem totally baseless to me. 

Oh, I definitely think it was out of line for Catelynn to acquire a new addition to the house without telling him. That's why I said in my first post that it was colossally stupid, but since it was Tyler, I did get a bit of pleasure from seeing him so pissed. I watch this show for entertainment purposes, so I will admit that I often like to see the "villain" not get his way. Tyler is incredibly controlling and nasty to Catelynn. I'm sure there are many times when he has done something without consulting her. He seems to go around handling the Carly situation however HE sees best, with no regard for how it will effect his wife. 

I don't blame Tyler for being mad. It was irresponsible and impulsive. But I can't bother to care about his feelings much. And, for me, it was the LEVEL of anger. We're all welcome to our interpretations, and give that we only are shown a few weeks of their life, we have to speculate based upon what we ARE shown. Tyler has been shown to have a temper, especially regarding animals. To me, he comes across as someone who has a lot of rage simmering under the surface. 

I never implied that he beat Cate up. If I'm honest, I actually think it's more likely that Cate did something in the night. We will likely never know what happened. But my guess is based on that cry I heard from Nova. I have 3 kids and her cry did not sound, to me, like typical waking up in the night crying. It sounded like a sudden cry - out of shock, fear, or pain. I think the pig and/or dogs woke everyone up, she was out of bed, the house was in chaos, there was probably a fight - and something happened that propelled Catelynn to think she needed to get treatment. Right then. ASAP. She had NEVER mentioned treatment up until that point. Now it's necessary. 

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

I never implied that he beat Cate up. If I'm honest, I actually think it's more likely that Cate did something in the night. We will likely never know what happened. But my guess is based on that cry I heard from Nova. I have 3 kids and her cry did not sound, to me, like typical waking up in the night crying. It sounded like a sudden cry - out of shock, fear, or pain. I think the pig and/or dogs woke everyone up, she was out of bed, the house was in chaos, there was probably a fight - and something happened that propelled Catelynn to think she needed to get treatment. Right then. ASAP. She had NEVER mentioned treatment up until that point. Now it's necessary. 

I didn't mean you necessarily, but I guess without looking through the thread again I sounded that way, sorry. There just seems to be enough of "Im not saying he beat her up, but SOMETHING!" which is essentially saying "He could have beaten her up." To the other point, I think he woke up, rightfully freaked the fuck out, and TOLD her that she needs treatment. If he'd woken up and was cool with the pig, there's no way she'd have been like "Time for treatment, now that this pig is here." I imagine him listing a littany of crazy symptoms that he's having trouble putting up with, erratic decision making, etc., and she thought "Wow, I kinda do need treatment if I'm going to be a good mom to this Carly. I mean Nova, Nova, god, I keep doing that!" 

Agreed on the kid cry, but that's difficult to verify: MTV could have easily edited something like that in. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Uncle JUICE said:

Thanks a lot guys, now I've defended this dickbag twice in this thread! :( Edited to fix the grammar in the first sentence to make it more readable. 

Don't worry, I defended Farah the last two weeks, but had faith the true Farah would be back.  She did not disapoint!

I'm shocked at the amount of people saying it's her money to spend.  Nope, they're married, if she was a stay at home Mom and Tyler worked and said it was his money, there would be pitchforks.

I fast forwarded any scene with an animal so I didn't see the blowup, but I would lose it if my spouse pulled the same stunt.  Sorry Cate, all I saw was selfish and irresponsible behavior, no excuse how much money you earn.

• Love 9

I don't get it, and again I lead with the caveat that of course this guy's a douche, but think it through this way: what if YOU were the partner who wasn't consulted on a pet purchase above "fish" level? If you share a living space with someone you're married to, you have a one year old child, at least two non-neutered dogs (gross), an ex-con living there, in my view, he has a RIGHT to be pissed that she went and spent three grand of their money (he's under contract too, he's not Matt or David or Nathan or Simon, so he's got some right to the money) on ANOTHER living obligation without even discussing it (or as I suspect, discussing it while high, him saying "bad idea" and her thinking "I'll do it anyway")? Like I said, it's got to be his money too, they're married . If it were him as the breadwinner and her as the homemaker, wouldn't we all be "How dare Tyler give her something else to take care of!!!!"?  I can tell you as a parent of two with a two income house, any expenditure over a certain amount has to pass the "veto" test. And there's no way any single party in a relationship should have "purchase mouth to feed" authority. If he was pissed, he has a right to be, even if I think he's an asshole on a myriad of other items, but this one, she bought a piglet without him agreeing (and no, it's not his "permission" per se, it's respecting the other person's position). Implying that he either beat her up or 'did something' nefarious to that pig seem totally baseless to me. 

Thanks a lot guys, now I've defended this dickbag twice in this thread! :( Edited to fix the grammar in the first sentence to make it more readable. 

Exactly this. Tyler being a douche canoe aside....Bring a pig into their lives was monumentally stupid. And paying 3 grand? 

Add the the fact that the moment they bring it home at 11pm it causes all kinds of chaos. Tyler probably got Nova to bed (I'm betting he does more childcare than Cate) and he can finally get some sleep. I know he doesn't have a real job but he has been working on their new house, which is exhausting. Then this pig comes in and wakes nova up (with a high cate and April as well) and creates a sleepless night. He probably let her have it (yelled at her). I can't blame him in that situation.

Edited by ClassyCourtHeels
  • Love 7

WTF did I just watch?

Why did they even take Leah to the pet store? She could have just pet the many animals in Amber's house of horrors. Of course she got a cat. Of course.

Maci. I really don't care. That wedding location was very pretty though. I liked the chapel. To bad the marriage is a sham.

I'm really confused about Simon. How much is he getting paid to be there? Because to me, it would have to be a hell of a lot to deal with Farrah. He seriously cannot do or say anything right. Neither can anyone else apparently. They cannot seem to stand each other so why the heck are they still pretending?

Cate, please take some lessons from Chelsea on how to care for a pig. Or better yet, DON'T GET A PIG! Nothing says white trash then getting stoned with mom in the car on your way to pick up a pig at the bus station. ( to me it looked like a post office though. But they wouldn't be open that late so who the hell knows) 

• Love 14

Ya know, towards the end of summer vacation when I'm totally over it, low on funds and out of ideas, we hit up this cool pet store that has neat stuff to look at. Why go to the reptile museum and spend $8 when the exact same things are at the pet store. Of course, there is a conversation on the way about how we're only there to look and not buy, so it's never an issue. We call it the ghetto zoo day.   PS. Costco on a Saturday= ghetto buffet. But I live in the real world where I have to get creative and stick to a budget. Amber barely sees her kid and money is no object, she should be taking her to see and do the coolest shit. She just sucks. 

• Love 12
19 minutes ago, MaggieG said:

Nothing says white trash then getting stoned with mom in the car on your way to pick up a pig at the bus station. ( to me it looked like a post office though. But they wouldn't be open that late so who the hell knows) 

Holy shit, genius. I wish I could like it a million times. All that's missing is getting an egg salad sandwich out of a vending machine. 

• Love 7

Cate picked up the pig at the cargo area at the airport. So the pig was flown in.  Which means it was in the very, very, very loud and poorly climate controlled underbelly of an airplane. Shaking my head in disgust. Pig was stressed out. I worked for the airline industry for 15 years and beg people not to ship animals that way. 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Uncle JUICE said:

Agree UJ.

Catelynn may very well be just as loud and aggressive which is why I posted in a previous post perhaps it was her who went bonkers and likely kicked the cage or threw something. Catelynn is not above losing her shit especially if she is behaving in an erratic manner and doing impulsive things such as making large purchases. People didn't want to believe Catelynn was even smoking pot. Now, here it is showing her driving while smoking it.

Back to Tyler, yes he is a douchebag x100. It is hard to point out what he himself must be going through and thinking about how he feels about the impulse buying of the pig and the cost when BOTH OF THEM are  making some horrendous and stupid financial decisions.  If Tyler wants Catelynn to not spend money like it is coming out of her ass, then he needs to look at himself and see what it is he might be doing to contribute to that behavior. Surely he himself has spent ridiculous amounts of money foolishly.  Tyler and his wife both smoke weed and likely smoke a lot of it. That in itself has to play a part in their decision-making. If they are both making these impulsive purchases after smoking weed all day, then maybe they BOTH need to look at the bigger picture, not just focus on what Catelynn did and stop focusing on her anxiety. It is beyond just having anxiety attacks. Neither one is in a position to call the other out on anything. I, on the other hand, will call them  out on their shit. :-)

• Love 7

So I'm sitting here trying to think of other nice things besides going to the park that I can do with my three month old so I can make the most of my maternity leave, and I'm thinking about how sad most of these kids' lives are.  Their parents are home all the time, never working, and they rarely do anything with their kids. I know we don't see everything but from what I see on the show and what they choose to post on social media, I don't think there are many activities happening.  I mentioned libraries the other day, we have discussed the zoo in this thread I think, why aren't they doing anything? Especially since they all so badly want to prove they are "good moms" you would think that at least during the one week of filming a month we would see them doing something.  Okay we saw Novas gymnastics class but have we ever seen her anywhere else but in the house? What about Leah? We see them drag their kids to a million restaurants but that's about it.  I know some places might not let them film but I'm not seeing pictures of any of that on their instagrams either and they all Instagram everything they do so I guess it's not happening.  Very sad.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, poopchute said:

So I'm sitting here trying to think of other nice things besides going to the park that I can do with my three month old so I can make the most of my maternity leave, and I'm thinking about how sad most of these kids' lives are.  Their parents are home all the time, never working, and they rarely do anything with their kids. I know we don't see everything but from what I see on the show and what they choose to post on social media, I don't think there are many activities happening.  I mentioned libraries the other day, we have discussed the zoo in this thread I think, why aren't they doing anything? Especially since they all so badly want to prove they are "good moms" you would think that at least during the one week of filming a month we would see them doing something.  Okay we saw Novas gymnastics class but have we ever seen her anywhere else but in the house? What about Leah? We see them drag their kids to a million restaurants but that's about it.  I know some places might not let them film but I'm not seeing pictures of any of that on their instagrams either and they all Instagram everything they do so I guess it's not happening.  Very sad.

I think you'd get a lot of "but I'm a celebrity and can't do stuff like that without being harassed" stuff, on the one hand, and on the other hand, they don't film every day. But in fairness to that last point, these dickwads would be all over Instaface taking pictures of all the shit they do with their kid to prove they're a good parent, so it's likely that none of them are doing very much if that's not happening. #soblessed!

• Love 4

If Amber was too ill to call her daughter to explain she was in the hospital & they would re-schedule her visit another time, why didn't "Matt Dearest," call the child, so poor Leah didn't feel abandoned?  And I want to know if AP was actually admitted to the hospital or treated in the ER & sent home? After catching up on Monday's episode  I hope Cate gets the professional help she needs......I'm sure Farrah is bipolar...that scene of Sophia banging the step stool against the door was frightening.... and at the bridal salon even Maci's mom seemed disgusted by her daughter's multiple tats.  I think I'm done with this show.

• Love 4
12 hours ago, Forcereals said:

Every time I see her TX house, I get hungry because it looks like a Macaroni Grill except they let you use their toilet

This quote is my everything. 

Farrah cares more about carpet than people. I've never seen a more materialistic person in my life. 

Catelynn & Tyler sound like they visited some medical marijuana message boards and picked up all the talking points. Catelynn also mentioned she got a "card," so I guess her pot smoking is legal now. 

• Love 7

I'm sure Tyler has spent way more than 3 grand on cars and bullshit without consulting Cate!  A new house...really..I'm sure that was Tyler's idea..once he gets a notion..forget it...he will bully Cate til she gives in

Edited by Caracoa1
Spelling
  • Love 8
13 minutes ago, Uncle JUICE said:

I think you'd get a lot of "but I'm a celebrity and can't do stuff like that without being harassed" stuff, on the one hand, and on the other hand, they don't film every day. But in fairness to that last point, these dickwads would be all over Instaface taking pictures of all the shit they do with their kid to prove they're a good parent, so it's likely that none of them are doing very much if that's not happening. #soblessed!

I'll pretend for a minute that these girls are so famous they can't have a day at the zoo without being harassed.  Well then, to me the money wouldn't matter, and I would have quit the show a long time ago. I know they make a lot of money but if it meant I couldn't give my kid a normal life then no thanks.  But these assholes don't really care about their kids having a normal fun life.  

• Love 2
14 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

Tyler has been shown at least twice now where he is just staring at Nova. No smile, no reaction. Just staring at her with this look on his face as if he can't be bothered with her.  The most recent scene was where he is lying on the ground as Nova is standing there near him.

I wonder if having his own child has showed him that giving up the first child was the right thing to do.  It looks like a lot of fun having a child in the house but they are a lot of work.

It occurred to me that in both groups of Teen Mom all of them, including the dads, have gone on to have other children out of wedlock except for Farrah and Ryan.  Feel free to correct me.  So the show might be helping new teens but for these existing groups it has done nothing to change the perpetuation of children outside of marriage and at young ages, no education.

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, jumper sage said:

It occurred to me that in both groups of Teen Mom all of them, including the dads, have gone on to have other children out of wedlock except for Farrah and Ryan.  Feel free to correct me.  

Amber hasn't, and officially Chelsea hasn't either (it's going to be close, though, I think?). 

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, poopchute said:

I'll pretend for a minute that these girls are so famous they can't have a day at the zoo without being harassed.  Well then, to me the money wouldn't matter, and I would have quit the show a long time ago. I know they make a lot of money but if it meant I couldn't give my kid a normal life then no thanks.  But these assholes don't really care about their kids having a normal fun life.  

Over the years there have been various articles where the cast members mention they aren't always approached by people. One in particular by Kail stands out. She mentioned the viewers would be surprised to know how often people don't approach her when she is out and about. I suppose people don't approach her because she is not this huge celebrity that she thinks she is and there are people who just don't like her.

These assholes can go out and do things, they just choose to do things that suit themselves, not so much their children. Leah can't bother to take her kids to some amusement park unless it is being filmed. Catelynn and Tyler taking Nova to gymnastics was likely a free event as someone pointed out last week. The gymnastics place probably allowed them to film just so they can get free advertisement.

31 minutes ago, honeydo7 said:

If Amber was too ill to call her daughter to explain she was in the hospital & they would re-schedule her visit another time, why didn't "Matt Dearest," call the child, so poor Leah didn't feel abandoned?  And I want to know if AP was actually admitted to the hospital or treated in the ER & sent home?

Amber probably went to some urgent care.

• Love 7

At least when you go to a zoo kids don't assume you're bringing something home. Amber is all about Amber - she totally knew she'd come out of there with a cat. I'm surprised she didn't give it to "Boo Boo" so that Gary could raise it (are we sure she didn't?). 

Cate seemed totally manic about that pig. Maybe she just felt it was something that would give her hope, or a moment of joy, but gal was off her rocker. I have a cousin who lived a life of white trash chaos. Maybe it's a hard place to break out of. She was in a horrible marriage and "solved" that by constantly getting pregnant, and then having dogs that were always having litters. Cate and Amber certainly came from those backgrounds, and neither one of them can break the pattern of creating drama. 

And no, I'm never going to be "cool" enough to go to "boogie town" with my kids. We have cocktails together at dinners and happy hours, but it's a social event and usually accompanied by food. I don't do a maniacal laugh at the thought of getting high with my kid in a car. Or honestly, unless we both have medical cards (and we don't - and don't live in those states), Mr. Emeraldgirl wouldn't let me do it. He's a stickler with the law. He'd also have an absolute stroke if I bought a pig - no matter what the cost. So I can defend ONE thing Tyler had in his puny little tiny head (but see me go off on Mr. Tiny Head in the C&T thread !). 

• Love 7

I haven't watched this episode yet. It's on now and was scheduled to record on my DVR. The time allotted is from 1:20-3:00 pm. The original recording is the regular 1 hour. I'm just wondering what the extra 40 minutes will be, anyone know?

• Love 1

Amber hasn't, and officially Chelsea hasn't either (it's going to be close, though, I think?). 

Thanks!  We do know that both Amber and Chelsea's exes have.  At least Chelsea is working in her field and has strong support.

1 hour ago, EmeraldGirl said:

I don't do a maniacal laugh at the thought of getting high with my kid in a car. Or honestly, unless we both have medical cards (and we don't - and don't live in those states), Mr. Emeraldgirl wouldn't let me do it. He's a stickler with the law.

I was known to "party" back in the day.  All of us siblings were.  We were teens during the 70s and That 70s Show is spot on.  All of our kids are straight arrows because we never let them see or smell anything and after a while it's exhausting hiding.  We had to arrange for grandparents to have a grandparent weekend with all the kids.  We cooked ahead so the grandparents never had to lift a finger.  We supplied crafts, tickets to kids movies, video tapes, games, snacks, tons of fresh clothes, we set up beds and then cleaned their house completely when we took the kids home.  You realize it just isn't worth it.  Living in Michigan that does have medical cards, these medical cards are quite direct that children should not be around the smoking/ingesting.  You should have a sealed room etc.

41 minutes ago, MissMel said:

I haven't watched this episode yet. It's on now and was scheduled to record on my DVR. The time allotted is from 1:20-3:00 pm. The original recording is the regular 1 hour. I'm just wondering what the extra 40 minutes will be, anyone know?

Thanks you gave me time to set my DVR too!  I didn't catch the whole thing.

Edited by jumper sage
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, EmeraldGirl said:

Cate seemed totally manic about that pig. Maybe she just felt it was something that would give her hope, or a moment of joy, but gal was off her rocker. I have a cousin who lived a life of white trash chaos. Maybe it's a hard place to break out of. She was in a horrible marriage and "solved" that by constantly getting pregnant, and then having dogs that were always having litters. Cate and Amber certainly came from those backgrounds, and neither one of them can break the pattern of creating drama. 

Absolutely. She was the most active, happy, and giddy we've seen her in a LONG time. I almost wonder if Catelynn doesn't suffer from manic episodes as well as depression. 

And with any other couple, yes, I'd be pissed for the husband if the wife went and spent $3k on a pig. If my husband did that he'd either be returning the pig or finding a new place for himself to live with the pig. I think why so many people aren't bothered by Catelynn doing this to Tyler is because it's really the first time we have ever seen Cate go against Tyler's wishes, do what she wants, and not let him be in total control of the relationship & her choices. And she was happy about it (until she got home and realized it was an awful idea and a lot of work). It was good to see Catelynn do something she wanted to do and do something without Tyler calling the shots, even if it was an awful decision and something a spouse should never do to another spouse. We're just happy to see Cate do something Cate wants to do and say Tyler be damned. Too bad it isn't leaving Tyler....

I guess what I'm saying is she shouldn't have gotten that pig and Tyler is right to be pissed about it...BUT we now have proof Cate can - and perhaps wants to - do things without Tyler having total control of her.  Maybe this is a sign that she can eventually get out of that controlling relationship (we can hope, anyway).

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 12
39 minutes ago, MissMel said:

I believe it had to do with the new Mary and Jane Show. MTV did not show the preview for next week's TM episode like they normally do. In otder to watch the preview one had to watch the new show since the preview would be airing sometime during the commercials. 

• Love 3
9 hours ago, jumper sage said:

I wonder if having his own child has showed him that giving up the first child was the right thing to do.  It looks like a lot of fun having a child in the house but they are a lot of work.

It occurred to me that in both groups of Teen Mom all of them, including the dads, have gone on to have other children out of wedlock except for Farrah and Ryan.  Feel free to correct me.  So the show might be helping new teens but for these existing groups it has done nothing to change the perpetuation of children outside of marriage and at young ages, no education.

Cory was married to Miranda when she conceived and gave birth to Remi. But yeah he's the only one. 

Chelsea is engaged to Cole so their child won't be born out of wedlock assuming the wedding happens in October. 

IMO Amber, Farrah and Ryan have no other children because they actually DONT want children, too bad they figured that out after a child was born but at least they haven't made the same mistake twice. 

Edited by Scarlett45
bad not made
  • Love 6

So Amber only has Leah 2 weekends a month? I thought she had her every weekend these days. It's probably just as well, as I think Leah's life with Gary and his wife is much more stable and normal than with Amber. Amber would be like Leah Messer, bring Leah to school late every day.  Plus, at Amber's there is the creepy-as-hell Matt and apparently now one of his previously-abandoned, convict sons is also living there. I just thought Amber was supposedly fighting for more time with Leah but I guess 4 days a month is all she can handle so she gave that up.....4 days a month is more than she can handle from what this episode shows. I wonder if she pays Gary any child support since she only has her 2 weekends a month, if that.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Scarlett45 said:

IMO Amber, Farrah and Ryan have no other children because they actually DONT want children, too made they figured that out after a child was born but at least they haven't made the same mistake twice. 

Farrah & Sophia *both* want to adopt a child because they are earth-mother "giver" types.  Love and light, people....

• Love 12
2 hours ago, Caracoa1 said:

I'm sure Tyler has spent way more than 3 grand on cars and bullshit without consulting Cate!  A new house...really..I'm sure that was Tyler's idea..once he gets a notion..forget it...he will bully Cate til she gives in

Well, he NEEDS an Open Concept, so it's OK.  

• Love 4
On 9/5/2016 at 10:10 PM, geekamonggeeks said:

Man, that picture of Catelynn in the article is awful. She looks like something is wrong with her between the sores on her face, the sunken-in eyes, the greasy hair, and that weirdo expression. Yeesh. 

She looks really, really rough.

I kept hoping Simon was ordering an Uber while Farrah was berating him.

Does anyone on this show ever eat anything that isn't takeout? Jesus I can hear their arteries hardening!

Debra is certifiable.

• Love 11

I'm really confused about Simon. How much is he getting paid to be there? 

His motivation baffles me as well. Three possible ideas:

-He is doing it for the money.

-He is doing it to be on TV.

-He is one of those guys who gets off on crazy women who yell at him / treat him like crap. It's like hiring a dominatrix but free.

• Love 5
On 9/6/2016 at 3:06 PM, lidarose9 said:

I found this episode really painful. That cat and the pig were both so scared. I predict we'll never see the cat again because it escaped the first time a door was opened and is now living the good life as a feral on the streets. Good job with that rescue, Amber. The poor little pig was so traumatized. I think it very likely that Cate made a serious suicide gesture that night. I think she saw herself in the poor little pig's obvious distress, and it unlocked something inside her. I think the greatest risk to Cate is suicide.

Cate and Tyler are toxic to one another. Their poor baby is always dirty and disengaged from her surroundings, she just wanders, with a blank face. Their lives are such misery to watch. And the producers are vile. They callously pick at the misery like a scab. Horrible.

16 hours ago, ChristmasJones said:

And then the cat. I am so pissed at Amber. It just shows how completely oblivious she is. The cat is hiding and clearly scared when she tries to reach into its cage. So what does Amber do? Decide to bring it home to house with seven yappy dogs!!!! That is just so fucked up!

That poor cat was terrified. Why didn't they just leave her alone? She was sitting on top of the cabinets trying to feel safe! Let her decide when to come down! Sheesh.

• Love 13
33 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Cate and Tyler are toxic to one another. Their poor baby is always dirty and disengaged from her surroundings, she just wanders, with a blank face. Their lives are such misery to watch. And the producers are vile. They callously pick at the misery like a scab. Horrible.

And to read the comments from their "fans" on social media praising their romance and how inspirational they are - it's mind boggling. Are they watching the same shitshow we are ?  Geez young people , up your standards ! 

• Love 10

Just watched the episode.

Oh boy...a disturbing episode indeed. These girls are all so impulsive. Jesus who to even start with...

Maci- Countdown to MTV airing a special on this wedding. I for one won't be watching. But I'll look at pics and snark just as I did with Cate's. Eh her scenes didn't move me one way or another this week. Nothing against tattoos but hers don't look good, especially not in that dress.

Farrah- Ha! And the Farrah we've grown accustomed to has returned! Why exactly should Simon have been up under her ass during that egg hunt? I must say, I do enjoy seeing Debra with a glass full of wine in every house scene, that's prob the only way one can tolerate visiting Farrah. I would really like to hear more about Farrah's socialism skills. LOL

Amber- She was so intolerable this episode. The house looks like it must reek with all those dogs and well...Matt...who by the way totally hates Leah (the faces in the car). And she goes and impulsively buys a cat?! What is she 6 years old? "Omg I want the cat! Let's get it! Let's get it! Pleaseeee!" I hope that cat is ok, wherever it is. Also I loved when Boo Boo read Amber for filth in that car!!! I was living for that scene. 

Catelynn- I say this every week, you know it, I know it, she's not well. It's really sad. She looks unshowered, looks to have put on more weight, her skin is sickly looking (the diet, depression, and not washing her face), and the pig situation was so reckless. Why would you buy an animal without consulting your spouse? And Cate knew Tyler would be pissed (as he should be). I wish my husband would buy a damn pig, both of them would be sleeping out at the stable. 

So I tend to think Cate might have had sort of breakdown overnight leading up to the couch scene the next day. I think it woke Tyler up, he came out likely angry and I think it's likely they argued and she had a panic attack or something. 

• Love 3

I officially cannot stand any of these women. I thought, literally, about six times while watching this episode, "what the fuck am I watching?" What the fuck is MTV airing? They're all disgusting! The theme of this episode seemed to be "watch these people treat every living creature like shit!" OR "Who is the worst person on this show? Bet ya can't pick just one!"

I really hope Simon didn't sign some type of non disclosure agreement because if Farrah lets this much crazy fly on camera imagine what he has seen off camera? He's clearly there for $, but I would assume he could make more selling tabloid stories about Farrah and Debra? 

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 13

I was just thinking that if Amber only has Leah every other weekend, and she missed a weekend due to allegedly being in the hospital, she only saw her 2 days that month. On Amber's visit this episode, which apparently was 4 weeks from the last time she saw Leah, Leah didn't seem to know (or believe) that Amber had missed the last visit because she was in the hospital. It  sounds like Amber hadn't talked to Leah since before her hospital visit 2 weeks prior. It seems to me that most decent non-custodial parents would call their kids on a regular basis to check in, ask how school is going, tell them they are loved and missed, and especially to explain the reasoning why they had to miss a visit.

I feel so bad for some of these kids.

• Love 12
8 minutes ago, starfire said:

I was just thinking that if Amber only has Leah every other weekend, and she missed a weekend due to allegedly being in the hospital, she only saw her 2 days that month. On Amber's visit this episode, which apparently was 4 weeks from the last time she saw Leah, Leah didn't seem to know (or believe) that Amber had missed the last visit because she was in the hospital. It  sounds like Amber hadn't talked to Leah since before her hospital visit 2 weeks prior. It seems to me that most decent non-custodial parents would call their kids on a regular basis to check in, ask how school is going, tell them they are loved and missed, and especially to explain the reasoning why they had to miss a visit.

I feel so bad for some of these kids.

I couldn't agree more. Pick up the damn phone. It's right next to her or in her freaking hand on the couch. She could call, face time, skype whatever. Write her a little note every so often and mail it to her even. Nope just what is written in the order, and then not even that.

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 12

And to read the comments from their "fans" on social media praising their romance and how inspirational they are - it's mind boggling. Are they watching the same shitshow we are ?  Geez young people , up your standards ! 

Exactly.

If Catelynn had hit a family in their car, hit someone crossing the street, or even ran over a dog as she drove high, would her fans or defenders continue to feel pity for her and her "depression"? People who have committed such a crime are not given any pity regardless of what they may be going through privately. No one says, "Oh that poor person. They drove high. They must have problems. They didn't mean to kill that little boy in the street." What makes her any different than Leah or Amber? I am trying to wrap my head around all of this. I just don't get it.

• Love 7

I would never say Tyler was beating Cate up or physically hurting her. But emotionally, he isn't nice to her. In screen his comments about not wanting a heifer for a wife seem joking but they are hurtful to someone who is  genuinely struggling with their weight. They are. And they are harmful. Honestly we won't know what happened during that night I agree but I still find how some of Tyler's jokes could be harmful and hurtful to Catelynn. Also I've always believed some jokes always have a ring of truth in there somewhere. But that's just my opinion on the matter. 

• Love 13

I wonder what's going to happen to these fools burning thru TM salary when it's over.  Maci mentioned both her & Tyler are employed plus they have that lame tshirt biz ( laughed out loud when maci talked of 'growing' the business- who's gonna buy that garbage when TM ends?).  Where are they employed ? Does Ryan pay child support ? $20 thousand dollars for a wedding for a woman on her THIRD illegitimate child ???? Lmao

As insane and effed up as a parent Farrah is, it does seem like she at least tries to hustle and make some money thru her TM fame ( porn, sauce?, now the children's clothing store ). Maybe those endeavors will bring in income when TM ends. Maybe Sophia receives a monthly death benefit thru Derek till 18 as well ? 

As for Amber, Greaseball Matt , Tyler, Cate - they're the laziest people I've ever seen . Couch potatoes the whole lot of em! These dummies will go from making hundreds of thousands of dollars to the welfare line.  This episode was really a crapfest. 

Edited by DNR
Ninja edit
  • Love 8
20 hours ago, ChristmasJones said:

That poor little pig- taken away from its mother way too young. It will end up with all the other so called "micro" pigs that grow to be 200+ lbs and then dumped at an animal rescue.

She kept calling it a micro pig, but it looked to me like a baby pig.  It won't really stay that size, right?  And surely she doesn't think it will.  She already said it was the size of a Campbell's soup can, and that was clearly wrong.  Or maybe it already grew that much on the plane flight.

9 hours ago, Uncle JUICE said:

Agreed on the kid cry, but that's difficult to verify: MTV could have easily edited something like that in. 

We can't even trust what we see with our own eyes (Cate not really being at the Easter party), much less a sound.

7 hours ago, jumper sage said:

So the show might be helping new teens but for these existing groups it has done nothing to change the perpetuation of children outside of marriage and at young ages, no education.

I don't think the show is helping new teens one bit.  Or old teens.  Or anybody else.

2 hours ago, TonAmi said:

So I tend to think Cate might have had sort of breakdown overnight leading up to the couch scene the next day. I think it woke Tyler up, he came out likely angry and I think it's likely they argued and she had a panic attack or something. 

I think there was definitely chaos, and probably a fight, and Catelynn had a big meltdown (one that's been coming for a while).  Tyler looked worried/scared the next morning, and I for some reason think he was concerned about her and not that she would rat him out for kicking the pig or whatever. 

• Love 13

I'm no expert, but a quick google search shows that "micro" pigs are not a real thing:

“Teacup pigs” (also sometimes sold as “micro pigs,” “pocket pigs” and “Juliana pigs”) are a marketing scam reaching back at least two decades, if not more. It works like this: Breeders put up listings for “teacup pigs,” promising to sell petite porkers... a pig that’ll stay permanently tiny. Buyers then pay anywhere from $750 to over $3,500 for their teacup pig. The buyer then watches as that tiny pig becomes a larger adolescent pig, then a very large, very non-teacup-sized hog. (Check out the Southern California Association for Miniature Potbellied Pigs for some eye-opening before-and-after shots of how gigantic a teacup pig can get.)

“The word ‘teacup’ describes what the pig looks like at the exact moment in time. It has no bearing on what that animal will look like three months or 36 months down the line,” says veterinarian Dr. Patty Khuly of Miami’s Sunset Animal Clinic. “They grow well beyond their undeniably adorable small appearance, right at the outset. They get very, very large.”

source:  http://modernfarmer.com/2014/03/never-buy-teacup-pig/

Edited by ChristmasJones
  • Love 10
13 minutes ago, ChristmasJones said:

I'm no expert, but a quick google search shows that "micro" pigs are not a real thing:

“Teacup pigs” (also sometimes sold as “micro pigs,” “pocket pigs” and “Juliana pigs”) are a marketing scam reaching back at least two decades, if not more. It works like this: Breeders put up listings for “teacup pigs,” promising to sell petite porkers... a pig that’ll stay permanently tiny. Buyers then pay anywhere from $750 to over $3,500 for their teacup pig. The buyer then watches as that tiny pig becomes a larger adolescent pig, then a very large, very non-teacup-sized hog. (Check out the Southern California Association for Miniature Potbellied Pigs for some eye-opening before-and-after shots of how gigantic a teacup pig can get.)

“The word ‘teacup’ describes what the pig looks like at the exact moment in time. It has no bearing on what that animal will look like three months or 36 months down the line,” says veterinarian Dr. Patty Khuly of Miami’s Sunset Animal Clinic. “They grow well beyond their undeniably adorable small appearance, right at the outset. They get very, very large.”

source:  http://modernfarmer.com/2014/03/never-buy-teacup-pig/

George Clooney fell into this trap. His 'teacup' pig grew to be over 600lbs.

Edited by AmyFarrahFowler
typo
  • Love 4