Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E04: Animal Instincts

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

4 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

And who had Nova while they were on their trip?

April or Butch, I'm sure. You know the very people who were so awful they had to give their first child up for adoption? Now fit for full time care. 

(Disclaimer - I realize people can change. I am simply skeptical, especially with April. She never looks quite right. I might actually trust Butch more, but never overnight.)

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Teddybear said:

These people are just SO depressing.  I don't know why I continue to watch.

To come here to hang out and snark !! That keeps TM in my DVR rotation ?

• Love 8
19 hours ago, evilmindatwork said:

In theory, I agree with this, but does anyone have a wedding in a place that all their friends and family are local to? Even if I get married in my hometown, where my parents live-- my friends and family would still be coming from all over the country, possibly overseas. Most people I know, including people who grew up in my hometown, don't live in the area anymore. Is this an uncommon experience?

Is Teen Mom ever going to end though? It's going on 8 years at this point. 

It appears that most of Maci's family and friends live in the Chatanooga area. When I got married only 3 people traveled to get to our wedding. All other 100+ guests were local. Maybe it is a KY/TN thing. We do not migrate far.

• Love 5
Just now, GreatKazu said:

Per the preview above:

Maci and Tayler buy a new house because they need more space????

I will leave the snark to the rest of you. I just can't with this bitch.

This Taylor is really high maintenance. First he needs a clothing line, then a man cave, then a televised wedding, now a new new house?  Maci is paying out the ass to  become an honest woman for grandma's sake.

• Love 16

Per the preview ( sorry mods!) but I have to say WTF TYLER!!! Did he actually say Caitlynn " has no aspirations " ??????( among other nasty remarks ) I laughed when he said he can't keep quiet anymore ... When does this guy ever STFU?? Hey Tyler - while you're pointing that finger at Cait about all that's wrong with her , 3 are pointing back at you .  Look in the mirror - you've done nothing with your life except knock up Cate and get rich off it .  His face is so punchable ?

• Love 17

The thing with Tyler posting that picture of Cate on vacation - as if she is the beautiful love of his life - I just do not see even the tiniest twinge of sexual attraction from Tyler to Cate on the show. Not sure on her part. But on his- I just don't see it. 

• Love 8
4 hours ago, ChristmasJones said:

The thing with Tyler posting that picture of Cate on vacation - as if she is the beautiful love of his life - I just do not see even the tiniest twinge of sexual attraction from Tyler to Cate on the show. Not sure on her part. But on his- I just don't see it. 

I look at Catelynn and don't see anything that she can offer any guy. Sorry, don't mean to be so damn blunt, but she has nothing going on. Who wants someone who lays around all damn day on that couch as they smoke pot, drinks alcohol, smokes cigarettes, doesn't bathe, looks dirty and greasy. Ugh. I can only imagine how bad her breath and mouth smell. She can't bother to care for her child or pets, lives in animal filth, doesn't maintain her home, wears the same damn dirty clothes, has no desire to be a proper parent or get a job, she doesn't cook, she likely eats in between getting high which means about 10 times a day and then, there is the chomping of her non-existent nails all damn day. She is nibbling on her stubby fingers, picking at her face, she now has scabs going on that make her look like a methhead. Then there is the driving while high situation. All Catelynn can attract is another guy just like her - that's Tyler. Seriously, what person would find her attractive (inside and out)?

As for Tyler, he should just go back to New Orleans and "act".

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 12
On ‎9‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 0:34 PM, Pepper Mostly said:

I kept hoping Simon was ordering an Uber while Farrah was berating him.

Read my mind.  That would have been must see TV watching him peace out in the middle of her tirade.

The preview with Amber and her former cellmate - maybe it's because they went through the trauma of jail together, but there was FAR more chemistry and, I daresay, almost passion between those two than I've ever seen between Amber and any of her boyfriends.  That was real emotion from both of them.  I'd love to see her truly happy - it would make all the difference for her and Leah.  Maybe this gal is the ticket.  Bye Matt!

• Love 12

Catelynn and Tyler act like platonic roommates who had a couple flings in the past rather than a married couple who enjoy sex on the regular. There is no chemistry between them whatsoever. Cate is a depressed lump and Tyler is barely holding back on how much he dislikes her. He must've been relieved when she decided to go away...until he realized he got saddled with being an actual father to his daughter. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, GreatKazu said:

I look at Catelynn and don't see anything any guy would want with her, decent or not. Sorry, don't mean to be so damn blunt, but she has nothing going on. Who wants someone who lays around all damn day on that couch as they smoke pot, drinks alcohol, smokes cigarettes, doesn't bathe, looks dirty and greasy. Ugh. I can only imagine how bad her breath and mouth smell. can't care for her child or pets, lives in animal filth, doesn't maintain her home, wears the same damn dirty clothes, has no desire to be a proper parent or get a job, she doesn't cook, she likely eats in between getting high which means about 10 times a day and then, there is the chomping of her non-existent nails all damn day. She is nibbling on her stubby fingers, picking at her face, she now has scabs going on that make her look like a methhead. Then there is the driving while high situation. All Catelynn can attract is another guy just like her - that's Tyler. Seriously, what person would find her attractive (inside and out)?

As for Tyler, he should just go back to New Orleans and "act".

If Jenelle (who is far worse, IMO) can keep attracting them, so could Cate.

• Love 4
38 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

If Jenelle (who is far worse, IMO) can keep attracting them, so could Cate.

Jenelle is not attracting guys as much as she is buying their affection. She is also dickmatized with every guy which is a plus for them. Catelynn looks as if she can't even bother thinking about sex. Can't fault her there. She is with Tyler after all.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, DNR said:

Per the preview ( sorry mods!) but I have to say WTF TYLER!!! Did he actually say Caitlynn " has no aspirations " ??????( among other nasty remarks ) I laughed when he said he can't keep quiet anymore ... When does this guy ever STFU?? Hey Tyler - while you're pointing that finger at Cait about all that's wrong with her , 3 are pointing back at you .  Look in the mirror - you've done nothing with your life except knock up Cate and get rich off it .  His face is so punchable ?

Yes, he did. And what exactly are Tyler's aspirations? They both are doing nothing with their lives as far as I can see. It means nothing if you just sit on the couch, getting baked, and thinking about possibilities. Tyler is actually worse than Cate in the aspiration department because she seems to have real depression that is affecting her and he is Dr. Tyler.

• Love 11

Caitlynn appears to be clinically depressed - no self care , Self medicating with pot , can't summon the energy to care for her child , house a wreck ... As within , so without. Add just as bad Tyler berating her every second , sucky marriage , sucky parents . It's no wonder . Hopefully her stay in ' rehab' will start her on a road to recovery.  For Nova's sake..

• Love 11
12 hours ago, jumper sage said:

@Teddybear Ok I am going to need a link to those other sites.  Please, pretty please?

I posted that, but my name isn't Teddy Bear here or anywhere else. lol. It was on Reddit. It was probably in the thread about the episode. I've since found a photo of a pig with a claim that it's April's. That, I found on www.moderntopics.com, again, in the episode article. I posted it in Catelynn's thread. BTW, moderntopics does a fantastic recap. 

Did anyone notice when Matt was talking to his paid friend about Amber's illness, the friend said, "Hopefully it's one of those 24 hour things." And Matt replied, "Yeah, she's agonizing."?
ETA:
@lidarose9  Sorry, I hadn't read this page when I replied; I didn't know you'd also posted photos of the pig. 
Talking about the pig, though, a lot of people have said a micro/mini pig doesn't exist. They stay small because they're basically starved. Makes my blood boil. Those photos seem to prove the point. That's still a young animal and is pretty big. Maybe April couldn't read the "feeding" instructions. 

Edited by Katt
To apologise.
  • Love 7

I can't imagine how much it costs to keep that pig fed. I know what I spend monthly on one 90 lb yellow lab, I can't imagine a 400 lb pig.. How does April afford it ? 

@Katt there's a Teen mom subreddit??!! I've gotta check that out!

Amber :. Everything about Matt makes me wretch : /

• Love 4

I haven't watched every episode of this show, but I've seen enough over the years to have a pretty good sense of who these people are. Does Farrah have any redeeming quality? I have literally never seen her be nice or even just not mean to anyone ever. Even when people go out of their way to be nice to her (or at least keep the peace) she finds something to bitch about. Her mom is a huge weirdo, but I can't help but feel so sorry for her that Farrah is who she has for a daughter. If Sophia were never born, I'm sure they would have cut ties with each other a long time ago and they both would have been better off. And you can tell that Sophia is going to turn out the exact same way. To me, Farrah's is the saddest story to watch on this show. And that's saying a lot with this group of losers.

• Love 10
9 hours ago, geekamonggeeks said:

Catelynn and Tyler act like platonic roommates who had a couple flings in the past rather than a married couple who enjoy sex on the regular. There is no chemistry between them whatsoever. Cate is a depressed lump and Tyler is barely holding back on how much he dislikes her. He must've been relieved when she decided to go away...until he realized he got saddled with being an actual father to his daughter. 

I figured he'd grow tired of her fairly quickly.  They've really only ever been with each other, never went off to college and dated others.  They probably had an extreme attraction to one another for the first year or two that they dated, but now their relationship is more like that of siblings.  Hell, they WERE half-siblings at one point!  I think they stay together because of their shared experience, and pain, of giving up Carly, and the familiarity from having been a couple for over half their lives.  I believe that Tyler feels obligated to take care of Catelynn. 

It is normal for couples who get together at a young age to divorce later on due to the fact that they function more like brother and sister than husband and wife.  They never dated others in high school, and they didn't move away and have the college experience either.  There's absolutely no passion between them, and they probably don't even realize it yet.  But as soon as one of them meets someone exciting, they might get divorced.  Most likely, Tyler will meet an intriguing woman (and any woman is exciting compared to Catelynn), and will want to leave Catelynn.  He'll agonize over it, and he may not even leave simply bc he does feel so obligated to Catelynn.  

• Love 5

I think I missed something in a previous season by not paying close enough attention, but, was it mentioned that they didn't lose their virginity to each other? I remember Tyler demanding Catelynn's phone records because she'd been speaking to an ex (who has an ex at that age, really?) but have since heard he was angry because she lost her virginity to this person, in Florida? I hope I misheard she was 12 at the time, cos, dayum! 
@Pherber They were step-siblings. They met before their parents did. 

• Love 7
Just now, Katt said:

I think I missed something in a previous season by not paying close enough attention, but, was it mentioned that they didn't lose their virginity to each other? I remember Tyler demanding Catelynn's phone records because she'd been speaking to an ex (who has an ex at that age, really?) but have since heard he was angry because she lost her virginity to this person, in Florida? I hope I misheard she was 12 at the time, cos, dayum! 
@Pherber They were step-siblings. They met before their parents did. 

Yes, they did have a fight over Catelynn messing around with another boy while she was visiting her grandmother in Florida.  Tyler was demanding her phone records, and she was afraid that once he saw them, he'd break up with her.  Cate started having sex VERY young, but look at her role model.  April.  And we know April was an old slamhound, and probably never talked to Catelynn about sex at all.  

I meant "step-siblings" - I have insomnia and my brain isn't operating at 100% right now.  I knew that April and Butch met through Cate and Tyler. 

• Love 4

Yeah, I don't get that at all. I didn't have a boyfriend until I was 18, and now I'm 40 and have a 16 yr old daughter, I think that was really young. lol

It happens, I fractured my leg in 2 places and I'm almost always awake because pain killers do not work. I'm so thankful for these forums!

• Love 9
1 hour ago, M.F. Luder said:

I haven't watched every episode of this show, but I've seen enough over the years to have a pretty good sense of who these people are.  Does Farrah have any redeeming quality? I have literally never seen her be nice or even just not mean to anyone ever. Even when people go out of their way to be nice to her (or at least keep the peace) she finds something to bitch about. Her mom is a huge weirdo, but I can't help but feel so sorry for her that Farrah is who she has for a daughter. If Sophia were never born, I'm sure they would have cut ties with each other a long time ago and they both would have been better off. And you can tell that Sophia is going to turn out the exact same way. To me, Farrah's is the saddest story to watch on this show. And that's saying a lot with this group of losers.

No. 

• Love 14
17 hours ago, lidarose9 said:

Most of these people have no clue about how to parent a child. When Butch picks up Nova and oohs and aahhs over her, there is an awkwardness that tells me he's done this maybe twice before in his life. These are people who want to be SEEN to be good parents for the sake of the cameras, but the truth is, they can change diapers and shove bottles into mouths, but past that the kids are free range. Nova seems to have inherited a lot of Cate's personality in that she's more passive, not demanding attention. This is the age when lifelong patterns are being programmed into her, alongside her genetic predispositions. She's being given very little stimulation, engagement, encouragement, etc. That trip to the gymnastics place was for the cameras. The only "outings" Nova gets are being shoved into a high chair at a fast food place. It's very sad.

Its so sad--you can see how it happens. Cate and Tyler were not going to be like their parents. No way!! They were going to go to school, make a life, get away from the toxic influence of their drug addled parents. Now they are well on the way to being those drug addled parents and Nova will probably get knocked up at 16 in her turn. Just a long, slow slide. Pitiful. And these two had a chance, they had money and access to resources and the ability to make those dreams of going to school and improving their lives come true. My hat is off to anyone who can get away from such an environment. It seems to be like quicksand, inescapable. Cate breaks my heart. She was never the sharpest knife in the drawer but she was kind and good hearted. She could have maybe been a preschool teacher or care giver of some kind. She could have gone to work for a vet in some capacity, since she loves animals. I wish she had gotten some encouragement from somewhere.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, Pherber said:

I figured he'd grow tired of her fairly quickly.  They've really only ever been with each other, never went off to college and dated others.  They probably had an extreme attraction to one another for the first year or two that they dated, but now their relationship is more like that of siblings.  Hell, they WERE half-siblings at one point!  I think they stay together because of their shared experience, and pain, of giving up Carly, and the familiarity from having been a couple for over half their lives.  I believe that Tyler feels obligated to take care of Catelynn. 

It is normal for couples who get together at a young age to divorce later on due to the fact that they function more like brother and sister than husband and wife.  They never dated others in high school, and they didn't move away and have the college experience either.  There's absolutely no passion between them, and they probably don't even realize it yet.  But as soon as one of them meets someone exciting, they might get divorced.  Most likely, Tyler will meet an intriguing woman (and any woman is exciting compared to Catelynn), and will want to leave Catelynn.  He'll agonize over it, and he may not even leave simply bc he does feel so obligated to Catelynn.  

The big problem is Tyler doesn't treat Catelynn with any respect. She's so broken down and sad she will never leave him and he's too much of a coward to cut the cord- which he could've done before they got married. There's a lot of resentment there. (Don't ask me WHY, no one put a gun to Tyler's head)

Edited by Scarlett45
  • Love 8

Many of us on here are parents.  Some are singled. Some are partnered.  It's not a day job where you can call in sick because you have a tummy ache or a fight with the scummy man leaching from you.  She "fought" for parenting time. That requires for you to be a parent during the designated time.  Too sick to pick your kid up from school, then have dirtbag Matt go get her. He drives your luxury vehicles anyway, Amber. So, she shovels the responsibility over to Gary -- whom she doesn't even want to pay child support!

To top it off, when little Leah attempts to bring up her disappointment in a passive-aggressive sing-song Mae West voice, her mother invalidates her experience.  If the series didn't require for Amber to be a mother on camera one a month for 6 months of the year, she wouldn't exercise her parenting time at all. She needs the kid for a paycheck.  Why the hell do you live 45 - 60 minutes (dependent on traffic) in a rental house away from your child?  There is no reason for her to be where she resides. Her big brown couch can go anywhere.

She doesn't want to be a parent and it's frankly offensive for MTV to keep showing those crocodile tears in scenes where she's falsely crying for her BooBoo.  She's as phony as the sociopath she sleeps next to each night. 

• Love 15

To top it off, when little Leah attempts to bring up her disappointment in a passive-aggressive sing-song Mae West voice, her mother invalidates her experience.  If the series didn't require for Amber to be a mother on camera one a month for 6 months of the year, she wouldn't exercise her parenting time at all. She needs the kid for a paycheck.  Why the hell do you live 45 - 60 minutes (dependent on traffic) in a rental house away from your child?  There is no reason for her to be where she resides. Her big brown couch can go anywhere.

She doesn't want to be a parent and it's frankly offensive for MTV to keep showing those crocodile tears in scenes where she's falsely crying for her BooBoo.  She's as phony as the sociopath she sleeps next to each night. 

Leah is so much better off with minimal time spent with Amber and creepy Matt.   I'm sure Gary is no prize but the little bit we see of his wife tells me that she seems ok and they appear to have a normal, stable home environment for the girls to grow up in.  Amber's life consists of going out to eat, hoarding animals and sitting on the couch,  

Farrah calling Sophia stupid when she was sick in bed and forcing her to get dressed for an egg hunt was a new low for even Farrah.  Absolutely horrifying "parenting" if you can even call it that.   

Catelynn is beyond a mess.   Hope she gets some real help.  I don't see this marriage working out in the long run.  Tyler is clearly not into her anymore and doesnt seem equipped to deal with her mental health baggage.  Poor Nova is lost in the mix getting farmed out to relatives while these two get high.  Such a sad situation all around.

Maci.....Yawn.

• Love 8
6 hours ago, M.F. Luder said:

I haven't watched every episode of this show, but I've seen enough over the years to have a pretty good sense of who these people are. Does Farrah have any redeeming quality? I have literally never seen her be nice or even just not mean to anyone ever.

In the last episode, or maybe the one before that, Farrah read some gossip/facts about Matt and called Amber and talked to her like a friend.  It was completely out of character, and shocking.  And I think maybe she was kind to someone else, but surely I'm imagining that.  Whatever...it didn't last.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, CofCinci said:

This!

• Love 4
18 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

Per the preview above:

Maci and Tayler buy a new house because they need more space????

I will leave the snark to the rest of you. I just can't with this bitch.

Have they never heard of kids sharing rooms? OMG. We live in a 3 bedroom house that we bought when I was very pregnant with our almost-two-year old - we haven't even lived there for two years yet. We used the spare bedroom as an office. When I got pregnant with baby 2 (now almost 9 wks old), people were like "so you're going to buy a 4 bedroom house now, right?" I was shocked.

Um, no. I'm going to make my kids share a room (a "nursery," if you will) until they're a little older and then I'll going to convert the spare room into another bedroom and give up our office (neither of us works from home or anything). I sure as hell didn't want to go through the stress of buying another home & selling our current one when I haven't even lived in my home for two years AND because I HATE moving. I don't want to move again for a few more years. The kids will just have to get over it and share a room....they're kids after all and they don't pay the mortgage, I do. This concept that each kid HAS to have their own bedroom (or that the adults have to have a spare office/mancave/etc) is ridiculous (unless maybe you work from home and have to have an office). For decades, most people in this country lived in small homes where all the kids shared a room. Maverick and Jade can share a room for a bit. Even though they're not the same sex, they can certainly share a nursery as small kids. Or Bentley and Maverick can share a room. The fact that these people want to move so much blows my mind. 

6 hours ago, Pherber said:

I think he just stays for the show at this point. I don't even think he feels obligated to stay. I think he just wants to stay on TM (and not as an ex who only gets limited screen time).

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 13
3 minutes ago, starfire said:

Maci claimed she has a part-time job. Where, I wonder. Is it for the pleather-pocket t-shirt biz? I am sure the zillions of orders they get keep her busy.

I think it was at Check-Into-Cash (the "check cashing place," as she said). I also think she said she was going to quit it because she was "overwhelmed."

These chicks have no clue that most parents LIVE overwhelmed. Most of us work full-time, take care of our kids, run our households (and do so while prgenant and with multiple kids)....some of us also go to school and/or run side businesses from our homes/sell stuff on eBay/etc.....and we do it WITHOUT MTV money! 

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 9
5 hours ago, CofCinci said:

Such great points @CofCinci in your post . A parent who wanted to be involved would live closer to their child , maybe that not possible for everyone of course ,but Amber has the means to do so . Hell, I'd find one so close my kid could walk to my house.  I felt terrible for Leah also when Amber just blew off her feelings - it hit a nerve , I grew up in a family / household where you DID NOT share any family biz with outsiders , heard a lot of " why do you feel that way, stop it !!" " she's so moody" " oh it's Sarah Bernhardt" ( not the comedian). It definitely had and still has an effect on me to this day ( hence, years of therapy  lol) I swore I'd never be like that with my 2 sons.  It's truly sad watching these wrecks be such failures at parenting - and this is when they're filming and supposedly on their best behavior !!! God bless these little ones?

??? " her big brown couch can go anywhere " ... This comment wins the day !! Hahaha

Edited by DNR
Ninja edit
  • Love 5

JumperSage:

@TEDDYBEAR Ok I am going to need a link to those other sites.  Please, pretty please?

Sorry to disappoint but I wasn't the one who has that link.  I was responding to this post from Katt:

There are rumblings on other sites that something sinister happened to the pig and that's why Catelynn had her breakdown. Some are speculating her dogs killed it. Apparently, she said she won't be watching this season because she is ashamed. I wonder if it's the weed smoking or the pig? Or both/neither. I certainly hope it isn't because she admitted to mental health issues!

• Love 2

@CofCinci countless "likes" to your post.

We can't punch in and out with a time card. We don't get sick days. In the past, when I have had surgeries and minor children to tend to, and my doctor told me to rest for the next five days and to not do anything, I laughed inside because I knew it just wouldn't happen. Yes, I was lucky to have my husband, but he had to work. Scummy Matt doesn't know what that means. 

When parents or kids get sick and have something that is contagious, the norm is to isolate that person in their room. Isn't that what Amber does anyways in her bedroom? She is like a sloth on Prozac.

• Love 5

Wasn't it established last season that she got every other weekend but also wed afternoons after school?

I thought she was shown taking Leah to a playground, then later saying the 45 min drive wasn't worth it.  This episode makes it look like she barely speaks with Leah outside every other weekend.  At least text your child, Leah is old enough for that!

• Love 7
52 minutes ago, TaxNerd said:

Wasn't it established last season that she got every other weekend but also wed afternoons after school?

I thought she was shown taking Leah to a playground, then later saying the 45 min drive wasn't worth it.  This episode makes it look like she barely speaks with Leah outside every other weekend.  At least text your child, Leah is old enough for that!

I must have missed the Wednesday part of her visitation schedule. I thought she only had her on the weekends. If Amber lives 45 minutes away,  it makes sense that they  are limited on time during the week.  A few hours after school then, home to Gary's to get ready for the next day. 

I agree,  it did seem as if she doesn't talk to Leah outside of  her time on the weekends. Which is strange.  Amber has nothing but time on her hands.  You would think she'd call her every night to say goodnight and go over her day at school. Hell,  I speak to my 2  adult  children at least 3 to 4 days a week (they just love my calls to see how they're doing.  They are in their 20s so they don't enjoy it as much as the will,  at least that's what I tell myself,  lol). 

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 6
22 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Yes, he did. And what exactly are Tyler's aspirations?

To have an open concept?

6 hours ago, CofCinci said:

Too sick to pick your kid up from school, then have dirtbag Matt go get her. He drives your luxury vehicles anyway, Amber. So, she shovels the responsibility over to Gary -- whom she doesn't even want to pay child support!

I think the point was, she didn't want to get Leah sick as well. Like I said in a previous post, many moms don't get a day off. I've had to care for my kids while being sick more times than I can count. But I do think one of the "perks" of being divorced/broken up would be not having to bring your kids around when you're all sick. I would do it. I care for my kids while sick because I have no other choice. But if Mr. Ghoulina and I weren't together, I absolutely ask him to keep them so they aren't exposed. And they'd have a better time being in the care of a parent who can fully function. 

That being said, Amber or Matt should have definitely called Leah and explained and perhaps tried to schedule a makeup visit. 

Edited by ghoulina
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

I'm shocked Amber found a landlord that will let her have 6,091 dogs and a cat. Maybe she "can't" move closer to Leah because she can't find another landlord who'd let her, a herd of small dogs, and a cat move in. 

Wait,  Amber rents her home? And they are Buying  and Flipping homes?  Huh? I don't get it. Omg these women are all crazy! 

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 7

But if Mr. Ghoulina and I weren't together, I absolutely ask him to keep them so they aren't exposed. And they'd have a better time being in the care of a parent who can fully function. 

@ghoulina Amber is never fully functioning with or without Leah being there. She solely functions as an ATM for Matt. So why then bother having Leah in her care at all? Leah seems she is there to make food and serve her mother. If this was some other parent who has constant and regular visitation with their child, and who really spends quality time with that child and does more than just lie around the house like a damn spider in the corner,  I could see your point. But this is Amber.  She was supposedly sick and contagious or too ill to care for Leah even though Matt is the one who is there doing all the "work" in that house and watching Leah all the other times while Amber sleeps until 10 a.m. and then continues to lie in bed until she has eaten. I don't even believe Amber was sick at all. I believe something went down. An argument? Matt and Amber were too drunk or hung-over? Matt wasn't in the mood to go pick up Leah if Amber wasn't up to going for the ride. 

what exactly are Tyler's aspirations?

1) To get Cate off meds and to stick with pot

2) To not have a wife who is a heifer

3) To write books

4) To be king of the pricks

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 13

I'd bet Amber made a miraculous recovery one minute after her ' visitation ' time ended.  Does Gary rent or own his home ? If he owns , why couldn't Amber buy a home close-by to a) eliminate the commute b) no landlord forbidding her neglected pet menagerie.  If she wasn't buying the greaseball a new Escalade every year she could own .  ( and like mentioned above - she's renting but flipping ? LoL)

Amber & the greasepit don't want Leah and they do the minimum only for the TM paycheck .  Gary should garnish that check for child support. 

Amber can't deal with the 45 min drive to see Leah mid week? Some people deal with that twice a day when they commute TO WORK.  She can't do it to see her child ? It's not like she's just worked full time job and she's tired . She does literally NOTHING ALL DAY. This bitch.

Edited by DNR
Ninja edit
  • Love 9
7 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Its so sad--you can see how it happens. Cate and Tyler were not going to be like their parents. No way!! They were going to go to school, make a life, get away from the toxic influence of their drug addled parents. Now they are well on the way to being those drug addled parents and Nova will probably get knocked up at 16 in her turn. Just a long, slow slide. Pitiful. And these two had a chance, they had money and access to resources and the ability to make those dreams of going to school and improving their lives come true. My hat is off to anyone who can get away from such an environment. It seems to be like quicksand, inescapable. Cate breaks my heart. She was never the sharpest knife in the drawer but she was kind and good hearted. She could have maybe been a preschool teacher or care giver of some kind. She could have gone to work for a vet in some capacity, since she loves animals. I wish she had gotten some encouragement from somewhere.

They were the two I was rooting for, and I really believed they would make something of themselves. They showed so much maturity in their decision to give Carly up for adoption, in spite of all the added pressure from Butch and April to keep her. I always thought that one of the main reasons they decided to give Carly up was so that they could each attend college, have successful, stable careers, and make better lives for themselves. I was proud of them, and thought, "Those two are really smart and they will break the cycle of poverty and abuse." Seven years later, and they are just two uneducated adults relying on MTV money. I'd like to at least see Tyler go on to earn a four-year degree, since Catelynn is home to watch Nova full-time. I feel like they are Butch and April with money. Just put them in a trailer home or a shanty, and they are. Without the MTV money to ease the financial stress that other couples endure, they'd be fighting like Butch and April. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, GreatKazu said:

@ghoulina Amber is never fully functioning with or without Leah being there. She solely functions as an ATM for Matt. So why then bother having Leah in her care at all? Leah seems she is there to make food and serve her mother. If this was some other parent who has constant and regular visitation with their child, and who really spends quality time with that child and does more than just lie around the house like a damn spider in the corner,  I could see your point. But this is Amber.  She was supposedly sick and contagious or too ill to care for Leah even though Matt is the one who is there doing all the "work" in that house and watching Leah all the other times while Amber sleeps until 10 a.m. and then continues to lie in bed until she has eaten. I don't even believe Amber was sick at all. I believe something went down. An argument? Matt and Amber were too drunk or hung-over? Matt wasn't in the mood to go pick up Leah if Amber wasn't up to going for the ride. 

1) To get Cate off meds and to stick with pot

2) To not have a wife who is a heifer

3) To write books

4) To be king of the pricks

Amber acts like she can't be arsed to do a damn thing. She seems to me like she is on pain pills or something. I would not be a bit surprised if she and Matt were doing heroin. But I don't think they'd be able to hide that. 

Tyler wanting to write books even though he barely has a grasp on the English language. A lot of other Teen Mom cast members have done it though, just need a good co-writer and editor.

• Love 4