Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E04: Animal Instincts

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, GreatKazu said:

@ghoulina Amber is never fully functioning with or without Leah being there. She solely functions as an ATM for Matt. So why then bother having Leah in her care at all? Leah seems she is there to make food and serve her mother. If this was some other parent who has constant and regular visitation with their child, and who really spends quality time with that child and does more than just lie around the house like a damn spider in the corner,  I could see your point. But this is Amber.  She was supposedly sick and contagious or too ill to care for Leah even though Matt is the one who is there doing all the "work" in that house and watching Leah all the other times while Amber sleeps until 10 a.m. and then continues to lie in bed until she has eaten. I don't even believe Amber was sick at all. I believe something went down. An argument? Matt and Amber were too drunk or hung-over? Matt wasn't in the mood to go pick up Leah if Amber wasn't up to going for the ride. 

Oh, it's quite possible that Amber is full of shit. But on the off chance that she really was sick, I don't have a problem with it. I'm not thinking of HER, but of Leah. You're right that Matt does all the heavy lifting anyway, but Leah seemed to be sick a lot last season, so I just wouldn't want her to be exposed to any more germs if she didn't have to be. I don't give two figs about Amber, am just thinking about the child here. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Pherber said:

Tyler wanting to write books even though he barely has a grasp on the English language. A lot of other Teen Mom cast members have done it though, just need a good co-writer and editor.

I can attest to this. Before my own books took off, I was ghostwriter for some real fools...

48 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Oh, it's quite possible that Amber is full of shit. But on the off chance that she really was sick, I don't have a problem with it. I'm not thinking of HER, but of Leah. You're right that Matt does all the heavy lifting anyway, but Leah seemed to be sick a lot last season, so I just wouldn't want her to be exposed to any more germs if she didn't have to be. I don't give two figs about Amber, am just thinking about the child here. 

For that matter, Leah did not need to be around a hungover or fighting Amber, either. Yes, it is sad that she has a loser for a monther, but at that point she was probably better off with Gary.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, DNR said:

I'd bet Amber made a miraculous recovery one minute after her ' visitation ' time ended.  Does Gary rent or own his home ? If he owns , why couldn't Amber buy a home close-by to a) eliminate the commute b) no landlord forbidding her neglected pet menagerie.  If she wasn't buying the greaseball a new Escalade every year she could own .  ( and like mentioned above - she's renting but flipping ? LoL)

Amber & the greasepit don't want Leah and they do the minimum only for the TM paycheck .  Gary should garnish that check for child support. 

Amber can't deal with the 45 min drive to see Leah mid week? Some people deal with that twice a day when they commute TO WORK.  She can't do it to see her child ? It's not like she's just worked full time job and she's tired . She does literally NOTHING ALL DAY. This bitch.

Gary owns.  Did some home renovation himself too.

• Love 5

I swear when I saw the scene of the night after Cate got the pig, I don't know if it was the "dramatic music" or what, but it sounded like a couple gunshots rang out. It scared the living daylights out of me. And then the producer comes in the next morning and asks what is going on? Tyler looked SO GUILTY. He smiled and shrugged as if to say "I have no idea, you have to ask Cate, she's losing it." 

• Love 8
3 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Leah is being exposed to a lot worse than germs. If only germs were Leah's only problems. Amber miraculously got over her illness so even if she was ill, I doubt it was anything but an upset stomach. That whole house is surely infested with all kinds of germs just from the animals alone that could cause Leah to be ill. Throw in Matt who looks like he can't bother to bathe. Leah is in a germ-filled world whether anyone is actually sick in that house or not. 

The shit that scares me is Leah being around an uncaring Amber, Matt, and now his addict son.

1 hour ago, gotta watch said:

I swear when I saw the scene of the night after Cate got the pig, I don't know if it was the "dramatic music" or what, but it sounded like a couple gunshots rang out. It scared the living daylights out of me. And then the producer comes in the next morning and asks what is going on? Tyler looked SO GUILTY. He smiled and shrugged as if to say "I have no idea, you have to ask Cate, she's losing it." 

My husband said the very same thing. I told him it was the background music and sound effects. He insisted it was gunshots.  He thought Tyler went ballistic.

• Love 5

I am so late to the party. I just watched this episode.

I am furious...FURIOUS about what I just watched Cate do while driving. Am I surprised? No. But, it was her cavalier attitude about it. I then read here how Cate tried to explain it away by claiming she was medicating herself. Watching Cate and April laughing their asses off as Tyler calls asking about the roaches and then watching a smiling and laughing Cate right before and after having her weed, was not a person who was medicating herself. This is not a person who was in the throes of depression. This was not a person who was having an anxiety attack. This was not some person in dire need of some marijuana to calm herself down. This is not a person who pulled over and told her mother that she was feeling overwhelmed and unable to drive. She was having a grand ol' time. How dare she put others on the road at risk! I lost a relative to someone who did what Cate did. They lost their life to someone who thought they could drive while under the influence of marijuana. I detest those, like Cate, who think marijuana is harmless. DUI is no fucking joke.

Amber - She told Gary she was sick on Wednesday. Does this mean she has Leah from Wednesday until the next morning only? Does anyone know what the visitation schedule is for Leah?

Does anyone know if Amber tweeted anything about her going to the hospital during that time they filmed?

As for Amber not having Leah over due to her illness, what would happen to Leah if Gary, Kristina or their baby was also ill? Should she be shipped off to Amber's?

Farrah - back to her normal self. I felt bad for Sinister Sophia, which is not normal for me. Her mother forcing her to perform like a circus monkey for the cameras. Sick and sad.

Maci - The jig is up.

Edited by SPLAIN
  • Love 10

I think Amber was just dehydrated and hungover. Maybe they got into a fight and some really ugly things were said. Or maybe just too much drinking and not enough eating that didn't mix well with her prescription. It doesn't really matter, it seems it was best that Leah wasn't there. Also, that poor cat was just fine on top of the cabinet. That disgusting POS didn't need to stand on the countertop with his shoes on to traumatize the poor thing even more. Dickweed.

I wonder what kind of ugly goes on at Farrah's house when she is there but the cameras are not. I think Simon has witnessed it, whatever "it" is, and is just watching the train wreck these days. I hope he includes a coloring book with his "trilogy".

Does Maci have at least three college funds tucked away? If not, it makes her $20,000 venue look even worse. Destination wedding, pregnant gown and veil shopping, grandpa officiating in the chapel, three children needing care for the the honeymoon I'm sure will be at least a week long, October wedding since that's "before the holidays but after I have the baby", Vegas bachelor/bachelorette parties, what else? Seriously, does Granny even roll her eyes anymore? I bet she just pats Maci on the head and smiles now. I bet Maci's Mom wonders what went wrong with her child. Didn't she suggest 16 & Pregnant to Maci as a little financial cushion to help her teen out with the baby expenses? We all see how well that worked out.

I think the loud noise during Cate's segment was just the music in the audio edit. I think Cate was stressed out and just lost it. The chaos got to be overwhelming and she felt out of control. She thought the pig was something she could control but she was wrong. Tyler probably blew up like usual and she just blew back. It looks like it scared them both. I'm sure Tyler was keeping quiet to save face and not get embarrassed. I'm sure he'll hold it over head for years, as well. I think the producer being there is what aggravated him the most. He needed more time to Google a good spin story. To make himself look like the caring and all-knowing knight in shining armor, of course. Blech.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, SPLAIN said:

Amber - She told Gary she was sick on Wednesday. Does this mean she has Leah from Wednesday until the next morning only? Does anyone know what the visitation schedule is for Leah?

Wednesdays and every other weekend. 

I think she cancels on Leah more than she actually is present. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Katt said:

A few months ago, Gary tweeted about Amber missing most of her time with Leah, and Amber lost her shit. 

That's probably when she ran to the emergency room....  Just to shove the ER discharge paperwork in Gary's face (and failing to account for the 12 other missed Wednesdays).  Amber most likely only adheres to the parenting plan in the summers because she can avoid the responsibility of taking the kid to school or picking her up.  Can you imagine Matt and Leah rolling out of bed before 6:00am to make sure she's at school in time?  Yeah right. They probably did it three times and we're done with it. 

https://i.imgflip.com/1acyge.jpg

• Love 8

I assume Leah's Wednesdays with Amber is not overnight. It's probably just a few hours after school. I'm sure Wednesdays are missed often because, Amber (who has nothing  else to do,) doesn't see the point of driving 45 minutes to spend only 2-3 hours with Leah, so why bother.  I don't know if that's really what Amber thinks,  but something tells me  I'm not  wrong. 

• Love 10
4 hours ago, imjagain said:

I assume Leah's Wednesdays with Amber is not overnight. It's probably just a few hours after school. I'm sure Wednesdays are missed often because, Amber (who has nothing  else to do,) doesn't see the point of driving 45 minutes to spend only 2-3 hours with Leah, so why bother.  I don't know if that's really what Amber thinks,  but something tells me  I'm not  wrong. 

I missed Amber mentioning it was a Wednesday visitation. 

She doesn't have Leah overnight? Wednesday is a school day (except in summer) which means Amber likely has her from around 3 p.m. until 7 p.m. possibly being the latest since Amber has to return her to Gary's so she can bathe and get to bed.  How stupid is this? Why in the hell doesn't Amber move closer to Gary so she can at least have Leah overnight? Duh...Amber can't bother to get up that early.

8 hours ago, Katt said:

A few months ago, Gary tweeted about Amber missing most of her time with Leah, and Amber lost her shit. 

Oh, really? That is interesting. That just reinforces my earlier posts about Amber possibly not being that sick or even sick at all. She just cannot bother to have her daughter for her visitation time.  Matt saying Amber needed Pedialyte doesn't necessarily mean Amber had the stomach flu. I have known people who drink so much that they drank Pedialyte the next day to re-hydrate themselves. He is also a well-known bullshitter. He was just playing up to the cameras.

I loved how the camera crew asked Matt over the intercom, "Is this the fifth or sixth house you flipped?" and Matt responds, "It's the second." It was as if the crew was being sarcastic and implying he is not doing all this house flipping.

• Love 7

Matt knows where to tap. That's key with a dummy like Amber. We already by the look on his face that he has no use for Leah's visits. So tap, tap, tap. " Why don't we wait til next week to get Leah?", "Leah will understand, she won't be upset. You're a good momma". He just gives little taps to that stupid noggin of Amber's. All she need sis validation that she's not a deadbeat at all, she's the best mother ever as she misses more visits.

If Gary tries to object, well then he's just a piece of shit and he's dead to us.  We're right and he's wrong. Matt has had a lifetime of scamming dumb broads. Amber is just the next one up.

Edited by Brooklynista
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, GreatKazu said:

I loved how the camera crew asked Matt over the intercom, "Is this the fifth or sixth house you flipped?" and Matt responds, "It's the second." It was as if the crew was being sarcastic and implying he is not doing all this house flipping.

Yes, that was awesome.  Sometimes I really think the crew are fucking with these people.

• Love 11
10 hours ago, Katt said:

This makes me so mad and sad! Amber has nothing else going on in her life and she can't be bothered to visit her daughter for the limited time she has with her? You'd think she would WANT to see her little girl as often as she could. I feel so bad for Leah, having such a flaky, thoughtless mother. And from what it sounds like, Amber doesn't pay child support.

I never liked Gary that much but I am so glad Leah has him and Christina to count on. He seems to take parenting seriously. He cares about Leah's bedtimes and homework, etc., and from what is shown, their house is stable and drama-free.

Both Amber and Matt are worthless deadbeats. I used to feel sorry for Amber getting sucked into the relationship with the lying, creepy Matt but it is pretty clear that Amber is no better than Matt. I do not understand how people can treat their own children the way they do. They are the lowest of the low.

• Love 7
35 minutes ago, starfire said:

This makes me so mad and sad! Amber has nothing else going on in her life and she can't be bothered to visit her daughter for the limited time she has with her? You'd think she would WANT to see her little girl as often as she could. I feel so bad for Leah, having such a flaky, thoughtless mother. And from what it sounds like, Amber doesn't pay child support.

I never liked Gary that much but I am so glad Leah has him and Christina to count on. He seems to take parenting seriously. He cares about Leah's bedtimes and homework, etc., and from what is shown, their house is stable and drama-free.

Both Amber and Matt are worthless deadbeats. I used to feel sorry for Amber getting sucked into the relationship with the lying, creepy Matt but it is pretty clear that Amber is no better than Matt. I do not understand how people can treat their own children the way they do. They are the lowest of the low.

Honestly Amber doesn't want to be a parent, so she doesn't parent.

I gave Gary more credit than many did back in the early days because I could tell Amber was never going to step up and he was always going to have to do the heavy lifting regarding Leah. The reason the situation looks as bad as it does is because Amber is a woman. That the genders been flipped, people would've said "we've seen this 100x before". 

We don't see that much of Christina on the show but I don't think Gary would be with anyone who wouldn't treat Leah well. If she feels loved and nurtured it's cause of them not Amber. 

Edited by Scarlett45
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, Brooklynista said:

Matt knows where to tap. That's key with a dummy like Amber. We already by the look on his face that he has no use for Leah's visits. So tap, tap, tap. " Why don't we wait til next week to get Leah?", "Leah will understand, she won't be upset. You're a good momma". He just gives little taps to that stupid noggin of Amber's. All she need sis validation that she's not a deadbeat at all, she's the best mother ever as she misses more visits.

If Gary tries to object, well then he's just a piece of shit and he's dead to us.  We're right and he's wrong. Matt has had a lifetime of scamming dumb broads. Amber is just the next one up.

So funny to read and yet, sad at the same time because I totally agree this is what is happening. I wish I could knock some sense into that bitch's empty head.

Matt doesn't want Leah around because she is a child who speaks. Out of the mouths of babes.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Scarlett45 said:

Honestly Amber doesn't want to be a parent, so she doesn't parent.

I gave Gary more credit than many did back in the early days because I could tell Amber was never going to step up and he was always going to have to do the heavy lifting regarding Leah. The reason the situation looks as bad as it does is because Amber is a woman. That the genders been flipped, people would've said "we've seen this 100x before". 

We don't see that much of Christina on the show but I don't think Gary would be with anyone who wouldn't treat Leah well. If she feels loved and nurtured it's cause of them not Amber. 

Yeah,   Amber never cared about being a mother.  She loved using Leah as an excuse for not doing anything with her life. I still remember Amber and Gary getting into a fight,  Gary packed up Leah and went to his mom's. Amber never even tried to stop him or even say hey you can leave,  but Leah stays with me. Especially because she loved telling Gary she had full custody. Hell, she couldn't even get up to grab Leah and hug her and swing her her around and tell her she missed her, when Gary brought Leah back.   Nope,  Her ass stayed planted on the couch. 

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 4

Spending $3000 on a pig.  A. Pig.  Catelynn spends a majority of the time we see in a state of sloth and then has this impulsive makes me feel alive moment she regretted quickly.  Google is your friend Cate & April - stop acting like immature children... GROW UP! 

http://modernfarmer.com/2014/03/never-buy-teacup-pig/

cate you could have had a teacup cheetah for half the price.  ? 

http://www.zooclub.biz/2597?bid=1505

Edited by DNR
Ninja edit
  • Love 1
On 9/8/2016 at 7:26 PM, starfire said:

Yes, he did. And what exactly are Tyler's aspirations? They both are doing nothing with their lives as far as I can see. It means nothing if you just sit on the couch, getting baked, and thinking about possibilities. Tyler is actually worse than Cate in the aspiration department because she seems to have real depression that is affecting her and he is Dr. Tyler.

Exactly. Where are his fruits and vegetables if he hates weight gain and unhealthy lifestyles? 

Where is his therapist if everyone should go off of meds, according to him, and if everyone should just get themselves "straightened out?"

Where are his education and job if he cares so much about ambition?

• Love 11
23 minutes ago, Lm2162 said:

Exactly. Where are his fruits and vegetables if he hates weight gain and unhealthy lifestyles? 

So true !!!  If Tyler is SO concerned with his wife's size & mental health - stop with the take out quesadillas with 2 ww points ?. You're home all day , go outside and grow a huge garden with vegetables & herbs . Learn to cook healthy meals - it's not like he works a 40 hour week and is too tired to do these things . Tyler just wants to point fingers , judge , spew his questionable knowledge on mental health . He's praying for her to break up with him I'm sure. She won't . Continue your fantasy life online Tyler, it's all you've got . Oh and digging around for roaches .

Edited by DNR
Edit
  • Love 11
19 hours ago, DNR said:

Spending $3000 on a pig.  A. Pig.  Catelynn spends a majority of the time we see in a state of sloth and then has this impulsive makes me feel alive moment she regretted quickly.  Google is your friend Cate & April - stop acting like immature children... GROW UP! 

http://modernfarmer.com/2014/03/never-buy-teacup-pig/

cate you could have had a teacup cheetah for half the price.  ? 

http://www.zooclub.biz/2597?bid=1505

Oh no. I can see Farrah buying that cheetah for Sophia.

2 hours ago, CofCinci said:

Tyler and Catelynn work!  They don't have time to buy healthy groceries with their non-cardboard money.

LOL

There is a service here where I live where one can have food delivered to their home from any fast food or restaurant. It's an app. The drivers will go to wherever you want to order from and deliver the food to your home or business.  If one springs up in Cate and Tyler's area - if it hasn't already - I am sure they would be willing to pay the small fee to have their chicken quesadillas delivered to them. No more having to send Tyler out to go pick up food while he is high.

• Love 6

I hear Tyler is threatening to quit Teen Mom!  He is so full of shit!  He would never give up his screen time or his 6 Figure season salary!  Just looking for his teen fans to comment about what a great husband he is and how lucky Cate is to have him and begging g him not to leave...makes me want to puke!

• Love 9

@Caracoa1 Where is he saying this? Wherever it is, everyone go and tell him we'd start watching it again (they don't know we never miss an episode, lol) if he wasn't on it, and maybe MTV will bin him. Go on, MTV, sacrifice his voice, ya know ya want to. 

• Love 5

If Tyler is indeed threatening to quit, then he's only doing so because he's no longer getting that golden child edit, and more and more people are calling him out for his BS. All of a sudden he's claiming that he and Cate are MTV's pawns and that the producers are editing their storylines a certain way. He's never done this before because he never had to worry about looking bad on the show. Even at his worse, the show always portrayed him as the selfless boyfriend who stuck by his girlfriend's side after they oh-so bravely put their child up for adoption. Now that MTV is airing all of his Cate's dirty little secrets, he's suddenly had enough of them. The thing is he'll never quit of his own accord because he needs the money. If he does quit, then he'll probably pull a Maci and come back a couple episodes later with some lame excuse about why he really left. 

• Love 6
On 9/10/2016 at 4:46 AM, ginger90 said:

Has only audio ever been done before the way it was with this incident in the middle of the night? It just seemed strange it would be done. Did a camera person spend the night since it was late and didn't turn it off?

I know this wasn't the first time. There were other scenes. One that comes to mind is Jenelle and Nathan fighting.

Who is in the front seat? Certainly she's not in the back with Leah or she would be in the picture.

Matt and his son.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

I guess Amber wants it known the cat is still around. But for how long? Shouldn't the cat be inside?

https://mobile.twitter.com/AmberLPortwood/status/774810875265966080/photo/1

Who is in the front seat? Certainly she's not in the back with Leah or she would be in the picture.

https://mobile.twitter.com/AmberLPortwood/status/774825635923525632/photo/1

Did Amber move recently?  The cat is in a driveway/yard that looks very different -- also the street/neighborhood is different.

5 hours ago, CofCinci said:

Did Amber move recently?  The cat is in a driveway/yard that looks very different -- also the street/neighborhood is different.

It does read that her kitty loves his new home. Maybe she gave it away? Oh please, let that be true!

Her tweet #obessesedwithrescues...

Can someone please tell me what is the point of hashtags in a tweet? Leah Messer does them in her Instagram. I know, I have made fun of them, but I really don't get what is the point of the actual hashtag.

• Love 4

What gets me about the cat is that they didn't interact with it at all before agreeing to adopt -- it obviously would not come out of its crate and without anything, Amber says she wants to adopt him. Then we see it hanging out on the top of the cabinets, them getting scratched and it running away, and Amber made some comment alluding to that being the norm. Maybe you aren't the right fit for this cat.

• Love 5
23 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

It does read that her kitty loves his new home. Maybe she gave it away? Oh please, let that be true!

Can someone please tell me what is the point of hashtags in a tweet? Leah Messer does them in her Instagram. I know, I have made fun of them, but I really don't get what is the point of the actual hashtag.

Hashtags are basically a filing system. So, if you click on a trending hashtag, for example a popular today was  #HillaryHealth, it should lead you to other tweets about the same topic. 

ETA: sorry if I read you wrong and wrote a condescending explanation and you actually meant why the GIRLS use all sorts of weird hashtags and not what they're actually meant for. 

Edited by evilmindatwork
  • Love 3

Catelyn getting high with her mom (while driving, again) -- FFS.  She feels overwhelmed but she bought another animal?

Farrah is back to being psycho.  I knew her relatively normal behavior over the past couple of episodes was too good to be true.  She was hostile and creates a hostile environment.  Sophia would have been better off being raised by Derek's dad and stepmom.  Or wolves.

Matt, leave the cat on top of the cabinets.  He wasn't bothering anyone.  Poor Leah, at her young age, she already knows that Amber is unreliable.  She also knows that she has to lie to Amber and claim that she "forgot" if Gary told her about the hospital.

Maci's tattoos are so ugly.

• Love 5
14 hours ago, evilmindatwork said:

Hashtags are basically a filing system. So, if you click on a trending hashtag, for example a popular today was  #HillaryHealth, it should lead you to other tweets about the same topic. 

ETA: sorry if I read you wrong and wrote a condescending explanation and you actually meant why the GIRLS use all sorts of weird hashtags and not what they're actually meant for. 

No, thank you. I really didn't understand what the point of putting the symbol meant.  That makes sense. Thanks. Now, second question. Leah always posts obscure hashtags such as #healthy #mommasheart. Do those hashtags lead one to somewhere on Instagram just like Twitter?

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

No, thank you. I really didn't understand what the point of putting the symbol meant.  That makes sense. Thanks. Now, second question. Leah always posts obscure hashtags such as #healthy #mommasheart. Do those hashtags lead one to somewhere on Instagram just like Twitter?

They sure do: the land of Self Congratulation! #realtalk #ImTheBest #MarketMyKids #soblessed

Edited by Uncle JUICE
  • Love 7

I happen to like sarcastic hashtags, or ones used as jokes. A lot of people do the "popular" hashtags to get their photo/tweet/post to show up in their respective groups, in hopes of getting likes/followers/attention. I've also been to weddings where they use a hashtag, and you can click that to see all the other photos friends post which is fun. 

You can makeup any hashtag you want, but I'd imagine something like "healthy" will have a lot of photos, probably of food or yoga poses or ~inspirational quotes~ (barf). The one I don't understand but see all the time is "latergram" -- is it an app? Does it mean something? Don't know, don't care to look it up.

• Love 4
15 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

Thank you! I always wonder this myself. I understand their original purpose, but the way they use them makes no sense!

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Thank you! I always wonder this myself. I understand their original purpose, but the way they use them makes no sense!

So glad I am not alone in this. I have wanted to ask for so long.

Leah posts #AAA. Clearly that is for road service. lol

Seriously though, if she posts #AAA (the girlses initials) what is the point? I mean, people who visit AAA (the company) to see photos, they are going to see Leah's shit.  Seems to silly and pointless. Just post LOVE MY KIDS AND FEELING BLESSED. smdh

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, GreatKazu said:

So glad I am not alone in this. I have wanted to ask for so long.

Leah posts #AAA. Clearly that is for road service. lol

Seriously though, if she posts #AAA (the girlses initials) what is the point? I mean, people who visit AAA (the company) to see photos, they are going to see Leah's shit. 

I'm a fan of incredibly random hashtags 

For example (bear with me, we need a back story here) when boy-child moved out of state, we turned his room into a walk-in closet.  so when he stays over, he sleeps on an air mattress in said closet.  I quite enjoy the hashtag #keepkidsinthecloset but I am terrified of doing any sort of search on this hashtag....

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, teapot said:

I'm a fan of incredibly random hashtags 

For example (bear with me, we need a back story here) when boy-child moved out of state, we turned his room into a walk-in closet.  so when he stays over, he sleeps on an air mattress in said closet.  I quite enjoy the hashtag #keepkidsinthecloset but I am terrified of doing any sort of search on this hashtag....

LOL, why not just post a link to a conversion therapy camp :). I l;ove random hashtags too, but only when someone posts some normal picture of a dog taking a nap and says something like "#MakeAmericaGreatAgan." My wife banned me from hastag ideas for her instagram when I suggested "#Doggystyle" for the one of my dog taking a nap, however. 

• Love 7
52 minutes ago, DoctorWhovian said:

I happen to like sarcastic hashtags, or ones used as jokes. A lot of people do the "popular" hashtags to get their photo/tweet/post to show up in their respective groups, in hopes of getting likes/followers/attention.

Yes. I have like 20 friends on IG and FB. All my accounts are super private. So I would never want my posts or photos to show up elsewhere. But I like to do really random, funny hashtags sometimes just for the heck of it. For instance - we homeschool and last Friday we had an end of summer, all day movie-marathon. I let the kids pick out sweets from the store that they could eat as often as they want. (I'm pretty strict with sugar otherwise.) I took a picture of the pile of movies they picked, complete with their ice cream and cookies, etc. I captioned it with what we were doing, but then I threw on these random hashtags like, #canyousaydiabetes  #theyareinheaveniaminhell

Sorry, getting too off topic, but Leah and her hashtags are silly. She always hashtags pics of her girls with #AAA  Does she want to end up in some senior citizens group???

Edited by ghoulina
  • Love 5

You know  how they say the only dumb question is the one you don't ask?  Or if you have that question it's almost guaranteed someone else in the 'room' (so to speak) does too?  I think this hashtag discussion is proof both things are true, and I too appreciate it!  Seems like hashtags are getting so weird and overused they're almost pointless, although I love the funny ones a few of you have mentioned.   I can see actual useful uses for them too (i.e. the wedding pics).

To tie this back to the show, now I'm actually tempted to try the AAA hashtag just to see what's affiliated with it.

• Love 5
19 minutes ago, NikSac said:

You know  how they say the only dumb question is the one you don't ask?  Or if you have that question it's almost guaranteed someone else in the 'room' (so to speak) does too?  I think this hashtag discussion is proof both things are true, and I too appreciate it!  Seems like hashtags are getting so weird and overused they're almost pointless, although I love the funny ones a few of you have mentioned.   I can see actual useful uses for them too (i.e. the wedding pics).

To tie this back to the show, now I'm actually tempted to try the AAA hashtag just to see what's affiliated with it.

Probably people stranded on the side of the road lol.

i get things like a "Trump2016" hashtag, because others will use the same hashtag.  What I don't get is the #IBurnedCookiesAndBalletTodayNaked kind of hashtags.  Like some made up shit.  Because I'm so sure that hashtag is going to link to all sorts of other cookie burners who did baked ballet today.  It's like a hashtag for he sake of a #hashtag

• Love 9