Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E05: Honeymoons, Part 2

• Start Topic

I agree with others. Nick is not sexually attracted to Sonia. He keeps saying he wants to build a friendship first, which is great. However, if he was even remotely attracted to her he wouldn't be so standoffish when they're doing "romantic" activities.

All I could do is laugh and shake my head at Heather/Derek's situation. I'm sure it's not meant to be funny, but it's hilarious to me.

Heather is to blame for her misery and for Derrick's. If you hate smoking, don't lie and say you'd be ok with a little bit of it. She got what she asked for and now she is pissed that the experts didn't read her mind. 

• Love 9
26 minutes ago, Enero said:

I agree with others. Nick is not sexually attracted to Sonia. He keeps saying he wants to build a friendship first, which is great. However, if he was even remotely attracted to her he wouldn't be so standoffish when they're doing "romantic" activities.

I'm not sure about that though.  I know a couple who've been married for years.  When he first met her, he liked her, but said nothing for three months, just because he wanted to make sure she wasn't insane.  In this situation, I can see why Nick might not want sex right now, maybe he's watched previous seasons.  LOL.  With this show, instant attraction isn't always a good thing.

Derek and Heather, train wreck, train wreck.  

Have any of these people ever lived with someone?  I wonder.

Oh shit, Derek just got on my shit list, "men age like wine, women age like milk?"  On the outside maybe, but on the inside it's the opposite.  

But maybe what Derek was saying was that Heather isn't his type and he's not all that attracted to her (which was why they didn't match her with the first guy they had for her, that man wanted an "exotic" looking woman).

Tom and Lily are attracted to each other and like each other, so far.

Nick and Sonia do like each other, that can grow into sexual attraction.

Derek and Heather don't like each other at all.  

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 15
10 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I'm not sure about that though.  I know a couple who've been married for years.  When he first met her, he liked her, but said nothing for three months, just because he wanted to make sure she wasn't insane.  In this situation, I can see why Nick might not want sex right now, maybe he's watched previous seasons.  LOL.  With this show, instant attraction isn't always a good thing.

Derek and Heather, train wreck, train wreck.  

Have any of these people ever lived with someone, I wonder.

Perhaps you're right. I will say that Sonia and Nick are VERY cute together. They'd make a nice looking couple if genuine. 

Yes. Derek and Heather are a complete disaster. She is DONE. I don't even know why they are continuing on at this point. 

• Love 9
9 minutes ago, escapetoreality said:

Oh no he didn't! Derek's true colors as a misogynist come out. Heather is no spring chicken? Women age like milk? Inexcusable. 

Agreed. He completely lost any sympathy I had for him at that point. His comments were a low blow. 

"The Bus" I think is much ado about nothing. Tom and Lillian got this in the bag. What's the prize for making it to the end with the marriage in tact and intentions to continue? A gold trophy? Their own reality show? Or both? :)

Edited by Enero
  • Love 10
3 minutes ago, escapetoreality said:

Oh no he didn't! Derek's true colors as a misogynist come out. Heather is no spring chicken? Women age like milk? Inexcusable. 

The irony of that comment was that the experts were worried about Heather being attractive to someone else, which was why they paired her with Derek.

• Love 3
39 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Oh dear.  That's all I've got now.

... Yeah.

Nick* and Sonia clearly have a great friendship, and I think the best romantic relationships have friendship at the core. I like that she’s teaching him Spanish. I thought the “one week anniversary fairy” thing he did was very cute. I liked their little competitions and I liked that Sonia wasn’t afraid to get after it – she was going hard on that ATV. And I don’t think they need to be jumping each other’s bones right away if they’re not comfortable. I waited about a month for sex in my last relationship, at the guy’s request, although we did do other physical stuff before having sex. But you can tell Sonia wants to get down, or at least get close. I think she’d be happy with a makeout session – something that lets her know that she’s not friend zoned. I think she should just make a move and let the chips fall where they may.

I was laughing at Heather and Derek. They're so done. They lasted, what, two days before constant fighting? There was a shot when they were talking to the pastor where they lingered on her face and she looked PISSED and I’m sorry, I cracked up. I bet she was flirting with the surf instructor. Heather hates him. (I hate her overalls.) And then when Derek tried to toast to enjoying their trip and she deadpanned "Wonderful," I cracked up again. I know it's not funny, but this shit is so doomed. And the editors are totally shading her by showing her drinking.

Derek calling her old was really shitty.

Something about Tom and Lily was irking me so I’m glad we didn’t see as much of them.

*Nick has definitely changed his appearance - one of his interview shots was clearly from the casting special, and his face was fuller and his hair was different. He looks better now.

• Love 8

What I wouldn’t give to see Ashley from last season with Derek.  I found his comment that Heather probably expected George Clooney or Brad Pitt, hilarious, because I remember posters saying this about Jamie and Ashley.  However, he lost me after he said “men age like fine wine and women age like milk.”

• Love 4

Derek and Heather should just give it up and throw in the towel now. They hate each other. I was laughing at them drinking so much. We are both so miserable, let's just get shit faced drunk. 

I have hope for the other two couples.

• Love 18
1 minute ago, Adeejay said:

What I wouldn’t give to see Ashley from last season with Derek.  I found his comment that Heather probably expected George Clooney or Brad Pitt, hilarious, because I remember posters saying this about Jamie and Ashley.  However, he lost me after he said “men age like fine wine and women age like milk.”

Me too because unlike David, Derek stands up for himself. Ashley would have had no idea what to do with that.

1 minute ago, Straycat80 said:

Derek and Heather should just give it up and throw in the towel now. They hate each other. I was laughing at them drinking so much. We are both so miserable, let's just get shit faced drunk. 

I have hope for the other two couples.

That's totally what it was, and it looked like the most fun either of them had on the trip. They shouldn't bother waiting the six weeks. It's not happening.

• Love 7

Tom & Lily are just adorable together.  They are at ease and playful and had a great honeymoon .. Good for them.  I actually don't think the bus will be a problem.  If they care for each other, they will work it out.  I don't think the bus will be a deal breaker.  Love comes first.

If Heather was my flight attendant, I would get a parachute and jump off.  What a bitch!  What a BAD attitude!  I like the way she says Derek acts like a 5 year old.  She is relentless with putting him down.  I don't think the smoking, gambling, etc. is the issue.  She just "isn't into him".  Lots of luck, Heather.  I don't think you could e happy with anyone, and I really think you know it and that's why you are upset.  

Nick likes his desserts in bed.  My husband and I eat desserts, spaghetti, burgers, etc. in bed while watching t.v.  And talking.  It's a lot of fun to share the day and we've been doing it for many, many years.  I think Sonia wants to have sex and will feel more secure when it happens.  Nick has to be more affectionate.  I think Sonia has more feelings for Nick than he has for her.  I just hope there's an attraction there with both of them.  Maybe next week is the week, I hope.

• Love 7
38 minutes ago, escapetoreality said:

I agree. He's not the nice guy he thinks he is. Heather was right calling him needy and immature, and she didn't even know about his attitude about women yet.

Yes, she's been less than warm to him, and she's quick to notice his flaws, but so is he. It's like he's constantly looking for things that he could pick a fight about. I don't know if we can talk about the Jamie interviews here, but at the end of their honeymoon, during that dinner, he was talking about how nice it was that Heather was more relaxed and they were having a good time (at least a little bit), but when he talked to Jamie about that dinner, he, again, could only say that Heather gave him the cold shoulder. No mention of the good time they were having.

And also, his jealousy and controlling nature was sort of a red flag to me.

About the drinking, yeah, I don't know if the editing was trying to present Heather as someone with a drinking problem, but I did feel like it was a little too much how she was trying to make him drink (and she does enjoy her wine, that's for sure).

I really enjoyed the parts with Nick and Sonia. I wasn't sure about her in the beginning, but now I really like her. I think she's sweet, and I love how competitive they are - in a fun way.

• Love 5
28 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

The irony of that comment was that the experts were worried about Heather being attractive to someone else, which was why they paired her with Derek.

I missed this part. What is the context of this and why is Heather not thought to be Derek's type?

Derek was on my like list with his wanting to have lobster bisque (what?) with Ghosface Killah, but damn he fell hard and fast after the 'women age like milk' comment. Also, those tattoos? So random, nonsensical and ugly. Some things just deserve to be on t-shirts, not permanently on your body. 

Part of me thought Heather wanted Derek to chug beer just to accuse him of alcoholism later. She was definitely lit at dinner.

Tom and Lily are very hot together. 

I really have no opinion on Tom and Sonia. None at all. 

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, ctbabe said:

I actually forgive him for that comment. I understand he was pissed. Those are comments you make in your head not to the camera but I understand. 

To me, it showed how he actually views women. Not just Heather. All women.

• Love 22
3 minutes ago, BunnySlippers said:

To me, it showed how he actually views women. Not just Heather. All women.

I don't think so. His ego was bruised really bad.. I don't think he would be sayin that to his mum so I get it. I am sure if I am being taped there would be things i would say that I am not proud of. 

• Love 12
Just now, ctbabe said:

I don't think so. His ego was bruised really bad.. I don't think he would be sayin that to his mum so I get it. I am sure if I am being taped there would be things i would say that I am not proud of. 

Sure, he wouldn't say it to his mom. But he would say it to (or about) any woman who hurts his ego.

• Love 12

My middle finger shot straight up at the TV when Derek went on his fragile ego-crushed rant about heather's age. What. An. Asshole. "She's not attracted to me, wah!   I never liked her anyway. Did not! No really!  And..and...and she's old! Like icky spoiled milk! and she's not even my type, no matter how many times I said the opposite" ::foot stomp::  At the end he seemed to catch himself and realize what a shit he was being and he was lashing out because his feelings were hurt that she wasn't into him. But the damage is done. He said those things. No more sympathy from me. Jerk. 

• Love 17

I feel bad for Heather--- Derek may have shown his true self this evening.

Just watched the Unfiltered and I do think Nick is attracted to Sonia.  It seems he likes curvy girls.  Think they are cute together.  

• Love 8

This was pretty hard to watch.  Before I get to the negative, kudos to the show for getting their experts in there quickly when there's problems.  Finally they are realizing you can't let these people flounder for 3-4 weeks before you come a calling with a welcome basket.  And the pastor was a no nonsense butt kicker.   I don't care for Tom, but I like Lily...she is adorable.  Love Nick & Sonia, and while I don't think Nick is gay, I think he takes a long time to get the fire burning.  But if she can wait for it, they stand a good chance of working out.

Heather & Derek were sad to watch.  I cringed when Derek said what he did about her age.  He looked like he immediately regretted saying it, and it does seem all about the fact she's not attracted to him.  We've talked endlessly about if he's a pot head.  I didn't see any signs of it tonight but I'm not a good judge of it. For arguments sake, let's say he was clean.  I've been siding with Heather but I feel she showed this episode what is really sticking in her craw.  She is not attracted to him at all.  It's disappointing after believing her b.s. that she really wants to be married and will do everything to give it a chance.  I didn't see that tonight.   She went on and on about how exhausted she was the whole trip.  Exhausted by what, Heather?  Trying to come up with silly nitpicky things to pin on Derek?  Derek was being an alpha male jerk about the hand holding, but it was a defense mechanism to her hurtful rejection of him.    All she had to do was assure him she wasn't flirting.  We women have had to do this crap with our guys for years.  We all know how to play the game.  It's better to stroke their ego than have them sit in a corner moping all night.  I don't fault Derek for getting pissed about the cave.  If it did go off as he said and as it appeared, how ignorant of her not to just come over to him and say 'hey, we're holding up the line here...we need to leave' rather than just walk away and no one knows what you are doing.  

My real disgust of her was when she encouraged him to chug the beer.  All week she's been Miss Stick Up Her Butt and now it's "chug it chug it".  You could tell Derek was totally taken aback by her actions.  If she was truly drinking as much as the show wanted us to see, it was about 3 times as much as Derek.  So what is that saying?  That Heather was trying to get bombed so she could tolerate her husband?  She called him childish?  Pot meet kettle.

• Love 14
22 hours ago, JapMo said:

This was pretty hard to watch.  Before I get to the negative, kudos to the show for getting their experts in there quickly when there's problems.  Finally they are realizing you can't let these people flounder for 3-4 weeks before you come a calling with a welcome basket.  And the pastor was a no nonsense butt kicker.   I don't care for Tom, but I like Lily...she is adorable.  Love Nick & Sonia, and while I don't think Nick is gay, I think he takes a long time to get the fire burning.  But if she can wait for it, they stand a good chance of working out.

Heather & Derek were sad to watch.  I cringed when Derek said what he did about her age.  He looked like he immediately regretted saying it, and it does seem all about the fact she's not attracted to him.  We've talked endlessly about if he's a pot head.  I didn't see any signs of it tonight but I'm not a good judge of it. For arguments sake, let's say he was clean.  I've been siding with Heather but I feel she showed this episode what is really sticking in her craw.  She is not attracted to him at all.  It's disappointing after believing her b.s. that she really wants to be married and will do everything to give it a chance.  I didn't see that tonight.   She went on and on about how exhausted she was the whole trip.  Exhausted by what, Heather?  Trying to come up with silly nitpicky things to pin on Derek?  Derek was being an alpha male jerk about the hand holding, but it was a defense mechanism to her hurtful rejection of him.    All she had to do was assure him she wasn't flirting.  We women have had to do this crap with our guys for years.  We all know how to play the game.  It's better to stroke their ego than have them sit in a corner moping all night.  I don't fault Derek for getting pissed about the cave.  If it did go off as he said and as it appeared, how ignorant of her not to just come over to him and say 'hey, we're holding up the line here...we need to leave' rather than just walk away and no one knows what you are doing.  

My real disgust of her was when she encouraged him to chug the beer.  All week she's been Miss Stick Up Her Butt and now it's "chug it chug it".  You could tell Derek was totally taken aback by her actions.  If she was truly drinking as much as the show wanted us to see, it was about 3 times as much as Derek.  So what is that saying?  That Heather was trying to get bombed so she could tolerate her husband?  She called him childish?  Pot meet kettle.

In the interview, he said he didn't smoke after Heather complained. So he was clean this episode. Heather checked out a long time ago. Heather had a passive aggressive way of being disrespectful. Walking away instead of finding a solution. The surfing fight was so ridiculous. A 'I am sorry but that wasn't my intention' would have cleared the whole thing. Instead she called him a child.  Derek is super frustrated, I don't blame him for lashing out. Should he have made those comments? No but I totally understand. 

Edited by ctbabe
  • Love 7

It's really good to see the couples doing activities.  Lots of activities.  Hopefully when they get home they'll do more than sit around every night going stir crazy *cough* last season *cough*

Ok, I can't for the life of me figure out what the problem is between Derek and Heather.  Neither mentions what's bothering them.  They're like grade-schoolers sniping at each other.  He's getting mean cuz he's all butt hurt about being rejected and she's just rude.  But that surfing instructor...oooh baby!  I need me some surfing lessons now!

Lilly...dang that girl really knows how to buy clothes.  Everything she wears fits perfectly and is flattering on her.  I love checking out her outfits every episode.  Aww, she was wearing the pearl necklace during their last dinner.  That was cool.

Sonia and Nick are my favs.  I think he's pretty funny and she just oozes warmth and understanding.  I get the feels every time they're on.

I'm liking this season a lot.

• Love 11

Well .. What the hell was that?  Just watched the last scene of Heather & Derek having their last dinner at the restaurant.  All I saw was Heather sucking up glasses and glasses of wine one after another.  She just should have hung up a gallon and stuck an I.V. Into her veins.   Ridiculous.

• Love 7
16 minutes ago, Paddywagon said:

Lilly...dang that girl really knows how to buy clothes.  Everything she wears fits perfectly and is flattering on her.  I love checking out her outfits every episode.

Hope Tom has room on that bus for her wardrobe!

I think Nick and Sonia are doing the right thing to get to know each other better before having sex.  Having an emotional or intellectual connection can only make for better sex, and more comfortable sex.  These two need to be way more comfortable together before they go there.  But I do think they are cute, and genuine.

Derek and Heather are painful to watch, although I laughed at the chug scene.  That was the most fun they probably had on the entire honeymoon.

• Love 7

Good Lord Derek...I know you are hurt, but what a shitty thing to say.  Guess what...you are not going to age like wine with those ugly tattoos.  It is like if you are not attracted to a guy and he starts trying to lower your self esteem to get in your pants.

Short story...he was into her, she did not like him, end of story.  I have no idea if it was the smoking, but I felt like she was turned off by him from the beginning and getting to know him made it worse.  This is not a situation where his personality make up for the lack of physical attraction.  If anything, the more she got to know Derek, the less she liked him.

He knows he has been totally rejected and it was not bringing out the best in him. 

• Love 13

Derek decided to go for the lowest blow-Heather's age.

Heather, you now have permission to say what a tiny dick he is... has.

Wonder if the producers were wincing when Derek was spewing the wine/milk and no spring chicken TH or were they happy with the sound bite.

Edited by humbleopinion
more nonsense
  • Love 11

Derrek was totally lashing out when he made those comments.  He didn't mean anything he said at all until the last thing out of his mouth, "she's just not into me".  I actually thought his voice broke a little.  I thought he was kind of pitiful, honestly.  

Let me be honest.  I don't like that dude at all.  I think his nasally voice is so bad I wish they'd do voice overs.  The backwards hat - ugh! Is he TWELVE?  Did he ride a skateboard to his wedding?  The vivid tats.  I just don't like him.  BUT

he was paired with Heather.   At this point, that seems a fate worse than death, so I can pretty much forgive him for some unfortunate spewing before the truth fell out.  "She doesn't like me".  

• Love 15

So Derek and Heather are going to be, what, the 4th couple who never have sex?

The physical attraction aspect is such a bugaboo for matching. I almost think the final part of the casting process should include a photo lineup of 10 or so people including the intended matches. If any of the participants are all "ugh!" then it's a scratch. It would negate the premise that these people have NO IDEA what their intended looks like, but it would be a better show. Even an old reality show cynic like me doesn't enjoy watching people be completely miserable from day one.

• Love 8

I dont get why Derek is fighting so hard for Heather ? I get hes her husband and all, but she is soooooo cold. No warmth, nothing. She just had this superiority complex which I find very unappealing. She also doesn't act very feminine. 

Nick's shyness and awkwardness is still off putting to me. I wish he could maintain better eye contact too. 

Sonia is soooo pretty in her talking head with styled hair. 

With Lily/Tom - okay, WE GET it you guys are attracted to each other !! lol

• Love 7

Heather and Derek.....Going back to the second episode, it was easy to see that Heather's walls were way up. At the very least, it's difficult to even get to know someone who's as shut down as Heather, much less start a marriage together. I don't know why she agreed to take part in this, but her "state of being" seemed to be incongruent and antithetical to the very idea of the show.  Maybe she's repulsed by the sight of Derek??? Who knows. I see her as a wounded individual who's in dire need of some therapy...there's not much doubt that she brought some heavy emotional baggage with her.

I really feel bad for Derek, who genuinely seems to be a great guy. He's reasonable, rational, and really giving an honest effort. I don't think he envisioned running into a brick wall.    

Sonia and Nick.......I think the matchmakers did well with these two. They're both reserved and patient, with quirky senses of humor. I think Nick could be a little more aggressive and Sonia a little less neurotic, but I hope they grow with each other.

Lillian and Tom.......Do we have a count on the number of times they've kissed in their first week together? lol. They're a cute couple, but I don't see them together for the long run. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Neurochick said:

Oh shit, Derek just got on my shit list, "men age like wine, women age like milk?"  On the outside maybe, but on the inside it's the opposite.  

Well, he's not wrong. :)  I'm a bit of a rascal. 

But I agree with him about her age and I've said it several times before.  She's getting too old to be this picky.  I'm sure it worked just fine when she was 22, but 32 is another situation completely. 

3 minutes ago, kat12379 said:

I dont get why Derek is fighting so hard for Heather ? I get hes her husband and all, but she is soooooo cold. No warmth, nothing. She just had this superiority complex which I find very unappealing. She also doesn't act very feminine. 

She's burnt out from too many years of partying.  No idea why Derek tried.  The only thing I can think of is that he was somewhat committed, at least willing to give it a good try.  But, as we saw with David and Trashly, all of the commitment in the world doesn't help if the other person is equally committed to giving up.

• Love 7

Looking back, no I do not think Nick is into Sonia in a sexual way. There is nothing to evidence that he likes her like that. In his interviews he doesnt talk about Sonia the way she talks about him. Its cute how they try to enjoy all the activities and are low key with arguments. 

Heather and Derek are a horrible match - horrible. I liked that Pastor Calvin was yelling right back at them during the Skype conversation. Derek needs to take a different approach - a more laid back one, cuz if she doesnt like him now she never will. Its funny bc in the first episode I thought he was a "preppy"mainstream guy, but now I see he seems like the opposite. By the way, no Heather should not touch another man's bare chest on her honeymoon when she wont allow her husband to touch her, so disrespectful. If a surf instructor grabbed my hand in front of my husband, I would yank it away - for the other guy's sake !! I don't think its mysogynistic to get jealous about that, to me its just a man being a natural man. 

Tom and Lily's pompousness is getting to me. 

"Who would you have dinner with, living or dead" "GAHNDHI, didnt even have to think about it"

"What;s our biggest regret" "Not completely finishing medical school". WHAT? Lily went through medical school (and almost finished it??)

• Love 7

I didn't even get mad at Derrick and his milk line because it was all bs. As soon as he said that basically crumbled and thought out loud about the fact that she isn't attracted to him. I don't applaud the behavior at all but he clearly makes silly/superficial comments to guard his actual feelings or to defend himself. See the alcoholic line from last week. 

• Love 9