Type keyword(s) to search

Season 4 Discussion

• Start Topic

I dont want to see the catfish couple on my screen. Stupid and Boring. Chantal is a moron! albeit a pretty moron, she has such a beautiful figure and face but what a moron. I too feel sorry for Pedro and got a kick out of "father chantal", who by the way seems really nice. So nice that I feel sorry for him because Chantal is going to disappoint him when he finds out she has been lying and its all on national tv. Just a shame.

Anfisa and her wierd curled joker lips :::shudder:::::. blech. Nicole, Im still pissed about her daughter saying "daddy" last week--she must have drummed into her head "mommys going to see daddy". that poor kid. Just curious, why did she have to cover her head while riding a donkey but not any other time?? 

• Love 5
17 hours ago, Brooklynista said:

I'd be willing to step on Jorge's balls in stilettos  and call him a dumb ass every day for... $5,000 a month? 

Come see me Jorge. We can make a deal.

Shit, I'll underbid you for two thousand, and I'll even call him a filthy little a*****s. I can do that shitgrin joker mouth Anfisa does, too!

*2000 plus taxes and airfare. 

14 hours ago, nlkm9 said:

Just curious, why did she have to cover her head while riding a donkey but not any other time?? 

Probably to protect from heatstroke. 

Edited by Landlord
  • Love 4

Azan is kinda confusing .. im talking with experience  about morrocco and the culture and the religion... men dont usually just anyone to their home to meet their family although if he would have told his family that she had cheated they would not welcome her... 

Then again he got a ring i dont know .. its bizarre their relationship

• Love 5
4 hours ago, magemaud said:

And a totally random thought, I was wondering about the bathroom facilities out in the Sahara. I can't imagine Nicole peeing (or worse) behind a sand dune.

Oh lordy, now I'm picturing a whole other kind of dune.

• Love 1

Nicole probably learned her behaviors when she was young and cute and has applied them ever since.  The head on the shouldar is exactly what a four year old would do and then be told how cute she was.  She also made sure to fall to the ground and fake cry where she would have an audience.  Again, to manipulate and have others give her all of their attention and defend her.  Azan seemed really confused about why he was all of the sudden the total villain.  I do agree with others that the family supported her as they want the marriage to go through.

Max seems totally undisciplined as he just started running around the jewelry store and touching things.  I noticed how quickly the salesperson was "we have a play area..."  

• Love 10
37 minutes ago, Landlord said:

Probably to protect from heatstroke. 

I was thinking it was a prop provided by the people sponsoring the camel rides?  I could be wrong but it seemed to me the rides and tent were kind of a tourist thing.

Speaking of the tent and bathroom setup...Last year a friend of mine was in India for a few months for work.  He said he had a really hard time with the sanitation issues.  People would stop on the side of the street, drop their drawers, and poop.  Then they'd finish and walk away.  They also would hold one nostril and blow out their nose onto the street, then do the other.  Ok, I'm getting queasy typing this so I'm not gonna say any more.

Edited by Sup wit dat
  • Love 1

Had to re-watch and yes, Nicole is definitely licking her fingers after she compliments Azan's mother on the tangine. But what surprised me was that Azan also appears to be licking his fingers, but on his LEFT hand. Somebody please correct me, but I always thought that Muslims ate with their right hand and the left hand was reserved for unhygienic tasks. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, NoeNoe said:

I too am confused about Azan's intentions. He seemed so excited and nervous to meet her and seems the same way about the camping trip and ring. I haven't noticed a single quality in Nicole that makes me go 'Aww, I can see why he fell in love with her'. She's a walking billboard for selfish ignorance and while cute-ish in the face, she has zero sex appeal. I tried to picture them in an intimate embrace and couldn't do it. Not without laughing anyway. I think I dislike her more than any other member of the show so far.

I think it's because he knows them having sex was documented by the show and maybe it would be too taboo in his culture if he didn't follow through with marrying her (as his family would find out after the show aired?) 

Not sure, but I'm also really curious about this

• Love 1

Maybe Azan's family members are just being polite hosts. There is a whole lot of that in his culture. Maybe they'll have a huge party the day this awful girl goes home. One can hope.   

• Love 7

Nicole was oddly calmer & more reasonable this episode & Azan was much more lovey. So all it took was some family intervention & those crazy kids are back on the road to happily ever after. Yeppers.

I'm waiting to see how Chantel's family reacts to her lie; that will say a lot as to her story line's 'authenticity'.

Jorge might be showing a flicker of understanding that he'll never be able to make his Russian Barbie happy. No worries. After this show there will probably be several American ladies lining up to abuse him for the right price, starting here apparently LOL.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

Honestly, my main concern about this episode, is what's going to happen with the kitten when Anfisa bolts? Seriously. Free the baby kitty!

Moving on...I believe this is the dress. Zuhair Murad Spring/Summer 2016

zuhair-murad-spring-summer-2016-bridal-l

Ehhh..... I could grab a few tablecloths, stitch it onto a yard of lace and come out with the same result for less than $20

• Love 2

I am utterly confused why all of these people seem to think that they have to plan a full wedding within 90 days, when I am sure the majority of poeple using the K1 just go to civil court and get married by a clerk and then plan a wedding leisurely. Chantel's story doesnt make sense. Trying on wedding dresses was ridiculous. She has a month to go, but she is bitching about not getting a big wedding because she still hasnt told her parents ???? Honey you cannot plan a big wedding and invite people with a month to go. The smartest hting to do at this point will be to tell her parents her decision to marry him, get married in court ASAP so he can get his paperwork started.... the sooner it gets started the sooner he can start his life and work ... although I have no idea what he plans to work in..... Chantal chose to marry a hunk from a third world country instead of someone who is already on his own feet so she will just have to come to terms with that... She is just so unlikeable Im sorry.... Also I don't believe her storyline and it is boring as is. 

• Love 9
11 hours ago, Matias130 said:

I am utterly confused why all of these people seem to think that they have to plan a full wedding within 90 days, when I am sure the majority of poeple using the K1 just go to civil court and get married by a clerk and then plan a wedding leisurely. Chantel's story doesnt make sense. Trying on wedding dresses was ridiculous. She has a month to go, but she is bitching about not getting a big wedding because she still hasnt told her parents ???? Honey you cannot plan a big wedding and invite people with a month to go. The smartest hting to do at this point will be to tell her parents her decision to marry him, get married in court ASAP so he can get his paperwork started.... the sooner it gets started the sooner he can start his life and work ... although I have no idea what he plans to work in..... Chantal chose to marry a hunk from a third world country instead of someone who is already on his own feet so she will just have to come to terms with that... She is just so unlikeable Im sorry.... Also I don't believe her storyline and it is boring as is. 

Chantel tries on the dress, flips out because she's not going to have enough time, and then WAITS a few days longer to tell her parents. None of this is looking good. And poor Pedro is still caught up in perpetuating the lie for his dear heart. If she had gotten honest in the beginning, I'm sure her Dad could have found Pedro some kind of under the table construction work to keep him busy during the day, and that would give him a chance to prove his work ethic!

And, last week when I saw her meltdown I thought it was over something serious, but it wasn't. Chantel, women have married guys who were getting deployed soon ~ maybe they had good reason to feel devastated, but honey, you don't!

Get that preacher with the cool chair to help you tell your dad if you really don't think you can hack it.

Only in Kentucky does the place where you go to buy wedding rings have a play place for the kids. They know which comes first. Matt you'll do fine if you can quit carrying around the baggage. You don't have to tell everyone you meet that you were married three times. Remember, there are levels of disclosure, buddy!

14 hours ago, Sup wit dat said:
15 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I hate that she's taking advantage of the kindness of Azan's family like this. Plunking herself in the doorway and sobbing, so she'd get hair pats and hugs. Sheesh. She's like a giant four year old. Azan's mother and aunts seem like kind and genuine women. Nicole should be ashamed of herself. 

I agree.  I was surprised how quickly she went from shoving Azan into the van to the sobbing helpless little girl.

Azan's family must just wonder if it's an American thing to completely melt down and become non-ambulatory when things don't go our way. Like we all do that here. Walk down any city sidewalk on any given day and their are loads of people just stopped and sitting on the cement with tears streaming down their faces.

It's a thing here.

She did do better on the camping trip though, and it was beautiful. And Azan seemed genuinely excited and hopeful about giving her the ring.... poor guy.

18 hours ago, magemaud said:

Apparently the tacky jewelry store where Matt took Alla ring shopping is a KY/OH based chain that bills itself as a "discount jewelry and pawn" store. 

https://www.thecastlejewelry.com/

"Need credit? There's no hassle at The Castle!"

10 hours ago, merylinkid said:
11 hours ago, Matias130 said:

She has a month to go, but she is bitching about not getting a big wedding because she still hasnt told her parents ????

And it has not crossed her tiny, alcohol soaked mind that if she had told her parents the truth when he first arrived, she would have had the whole 90 days to plan.   Nope, it's all cruel, cruel fate's fault that she doesn't have time to plan her fairy tale wedding.

Exactly! LOL! And it is TOO agonizing to talk about with the TLC film crew ~ just go, crew, GO! I DON'T CARE IF YOU HAVE JOBS TO DO! I'M GOING TO GET MARRIED IN A PARK!!!!

• Love 18
43 minutes ago, Matias130 said:

She has a month to go, but she is bitching about not getting a big wedding because she still hasnt told her parents ????

And it has not crossed her tiny, alcohol soaked mind that if she had told her parents the truth when he first arrived, she would have had the whole 90 days to plan.   Nope, it's all cruel, cruel fate's fault that she doesn't have time to plan her fairy tale wedding.

• Love 7
On 9/28/2016 at 4:39 PM, Matias130 said:

Living in Danielle's city (sandusky OH) or in Kentucky or most of the cities the Americans on this show live would suck so much, especially since I suspect most of the fiance's come from big cities. 

I live, and am from, Kentucky and currently live there with my immigrant husband-who came over on a K-1 visa to marry me. We dated for 2 years before we married. We even had a child when we started the visa process. As others have mentioned, the show is depicting this visa process in an unrealistic light. The visa process is meant to give you time to finalize the wedding plans, not get to know one another. As far as moving from a big city to a small town and it "sucking", it definitely depends on the person. My husband is English and we met in school abroad. When we relocated back to KY we were living in London. We shared a studio apartment that would barely allow both of us to stand in the floor at the same time. Neither one of us are clubbers; we don't drink that much and don't like being around lots of people. We went from that to moving into a more than 5,000 sq. ft. house in the country (something we NEVER could have owned in England) and now have more than 100 acres with 2 kids and lots of animals. My husband thinks it's heaven and would never return to London. I am assuming you were probably talking about it "sucking" in context of the people on this show, but some actually move to the rural areas here and prefer it to the big cities in which they originated. 

On 10/3/2016 at 10:48 AM, stillhere1900 said:

What doesn't she understand about his religion not allowing PDA in public ? She just kept trying to get him to feel her up in public. She said something about him not showing her off. really ? She's morbidly obese but she thinks that he wants to show her off. really ?!

I do not condone violence against women in any way, shape, or form. However, Azan has come across as nothing but polite and respectful. When she pushed him (this episode or the next, I can't remember since I binge watched) I was actually rooting for him to push her back. I don't think I've ever done that before. How can she NOT understand what he's saying? I find his respect for his country, people, and family to be endearing and while I was in Morocco, and even once he was in America and adjusting, I would be totally cool with that. 

It isn't even her weight that gets to me. As my husband pointed out, Azan is a nice-looking man who appears to care about his appearance and take care of himself. Nicole is overweight, but she also has brassy, stringy hair and walks around in clothes that are not only too old for her but look like they came off the Wal-Mart sales rack. Her shorts and visible bra straps are inappropriate for the area and do nothing to "show off" her features. So WHAT, exactly, is Azan meant to be "showing off"?

My husband actually thought she might be a little "slow." Sorry, but I don't know what other PC term to use in this situation. She is 22, right? She HAS met people before, I am assuming...Yet she sat there in front of Azan's family and giggled and acted like a pre-teen, effectively acting as though she'd never been out of the house. I am not one for PDA myself. I've been with my husband for a decade, and as an Englishman he's a little reserved anyway, but I know that we love each other. We don't have to be hanging all over one another to prove it. Every time Nicole clings to Azan I get a wave of secondhand embarassment FOR him. 

• Love 7

Some of the looks Chantel gets on her face make me think she's not all there. Either that or she's trying to act and doing a horrible job. I do feel sorry for Pedro and I hope he doesn't take more flack from her family for the lies than she does.

• Love 4
On 10/2/2016 at 10:14 PM, sleepyjean said:

The argument between Nicole and Azan was interesting. I was praying he would end it right there. Her use of the phrase "show me off" was bizarre, with her demanding to know how he was going to show her off if he wasn't putting his arm around her in public. This is going to sound harsh and reveal what a horrible person I am, but honestly, what is there to show off? She's an obese, provincial, self-absorbed, demanding, 22 year old single mom with no education, a minimum wage job, no prospects, no maturity, and nothing in her closet but tank tops and jorts. I'm trying to understand what she thinks she has that needs to be shown off. And who it needs to be shown off to.

AMEN! 

If he "shows her off" to his family with PDA then they'll be offended and might disown him. 

If he "shows her off" in public with PDA, he might be arrested. 

If he "shows her off" with PDA in the hotel, they might all be kicked out. 

I seriously, seriously, question this chick's mental state. 

• Love 6

I laughed at Chantel's excuse for the cameras - a show about dating young. Isn't she 25?  Sorry, that is not dating young.  I bet her family suspects the camera are in fact for 90 Day Fiance.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, mamadrama said:

I live, and am from, Kentucky and currently live there with my immigrant husband-who came over on a K-1 visa to marry me. We dated for 2 years before we married. We even had a child when we started the visa process. As others have mentioned, the show is depicting this visa process in an unrealistic light. The visa process is meant to give you time to finalize the wedding plans, not get to know one another. As far as moving from a big city to a small town and it "sucking", it definitely depends on the person. My husband is English and we met in school abroad. When we relocated back to KY we were living in London. We shared a studio apartment that would barely allow both of us to stand in the floor at the same time. Neither one of us are clubbers; we don't drink that much and don't like being around lots of people. We went from that to moving into a more than 5,000 sq. ft. house in the country (something we NEVER could have owned in England) and now have more than 100 acres with 2 kids and lots of animals. My husband thinks it's heaven and would never return to London. I am assuming you were probably talking about it "sucking" in context of the people on this show, but some actually move to the rural areas here and prefer it to the big cities in which they originated. 

I do not condone violence against women in any way, shape, or form. However, Azan has come across as nothing but polite and respectful. When she pushed him (this episode or the next, I can't remember since I binge watched) I was actually rooting for him to push her back. I don't think I've ever done that before. How can she NOT understand what he's saying? I find his respect for his country, people, and family to be endearing and while I was in Morocco, and even once he was in America and adjusting, I would be totally cool with that. 

It isn't even her weight that gets to me. As my husband pointed out, Azan is a nice-looking man who appears to care about his appearance and take care of himself. Nicole is overweight, but she also has brassy, stringy hair and walks around in clothes that are not only too old for her but look like they came off the Wal-Mart sales rack. Her shorts and visible bra straps are inappropriate for the area and do nothing to "show off" her features. So WHAT, exactly, is Azan meant to be "showing off"?

My husband actually thought she might be a little "slow." Sorry, but I don't know what other PC term to use in this situation. She is 22, right? She HAS met people before, I am assuming...Yet she sat there in front of Azan's family and giggled and acted like a pre-teen, effectively acting as though she'd never been out of the house. I am not one for PDA myself. I've been with my husband for a decade, and as an Englishman he's a little reserved anyway, but I know that we love each other. We don't have to be hanging all over one another to prove it. Every time Nicole clings to Azan I get a wave of secondhand embarassment FOR him. 

About rural/city, what I  was trying to compare was the average suburban American town, where we have mostly strip malls, Walmarts, chain restaurants, and not to mention the fact that most suburban towns are not walkable, you need to get in your car to get a jug of milk, unlike many places in Europe nd the Middle East where there is probably more of a "quaintness" for lack of a better term. I spent some time in a small town in southern Europe and one could walk to the market, to the park, to university - it was pretty fun! Also, there are more people on the streets in other countries, while here streets tend to be quiet as people often keep to themselves, I think that is what the fiances miss. However, rural life anywhere sounds awesome. 

I dont think Nicole is slow, however I do think that she was probably obese or overwright throughout childhood and was bullied as a child, whuch may explain her stunted maturity. 

• Love 5
15 hours ago, magemaud said:

Apparently the tacky jewelry store where Matt took Alla ring shopping is a KY/OH based chain that bills itself as a "discount jewelry and pawn" store. 

https://www.thecastlejewelry.com/

Oh yes. We have one in our town. It's kind of a step up from the seedy pawn shop hidden by the railroad tracks. They apparently think the little turrets in the sign keep the place lookin' classy. ;-)

• Love 1
16 hours ago, ThinkerBell said:

Did Nicole lick her fingers while eating tagine with Azan's family, and then went back for more

15 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Plunking herself in the doorway and sobbing, so she'd get hair pats and hugs.

14 hours ago, Sup wit dat said:

shoving Azan into the van

But "that's how we do things in the States!"   He has to respect Nicole's culture.     

• Love 6
18 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Narkiya and Lowo should be no go.  She seems she can do better all by herself than with that scam artist.  Anyone who wants to get laid that bad can surely find some local action....i can tell you this that if heaven forbid anything happened to my husband or my marriage, I know I'm not going to go that far for a piece of sausage. 

Does anyone know why Narkiya asked him for a photo of the phone? I was very confused by their whole story. Apparently he got his stolen phone replaced since her caller ID recognized his number coming in... Is that why she wanted to see a photo of his new phone? Like when she said she would need to see a photo of his empty dinner plate to prove he had just eaten because she had so little trust in him?  How's he supposed to take a photo of his phone ~ with his phone?

I'd say I hope her friends can talk some sense into her but it appears more likely that he doesn't really want to come here. He actually may not want to get too far away from the wives and kids that he already has there. (He's a families man, just like Kody!)

16 hours ago, ThinkerBell said:

Did Nicole lick her fingers while eating tagine with Azan's family, and then went back for more

16 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Plunking herself in the doorway and sobbing, so she'd get hair pats and hugs.

15 hours ago, Sup wit dat said:

shoving Azan into the van

But "that's how we do things in the States!"   He has to respect Nicole's culture.     

I know you're being funny -- and y'all are all hilarious -- but you might be on to something here. Maybe that's why Azan goes along with her horrible behavior? He (and his family, who also have reason to root for him to get a green card) are assuming that this is just the way all American women are, that it's a cultural thing and if he's going to get to the U.S., he's going to have to put up with pouting and assholery from someone, so it might as well be THIS someone?

• Love 2
9 hours ago, sarah82 said:

I laughed at Chantel's excuse for the cameras - a show about dating young. Isn't she 25?  Sorry, that is not dating young.  I bet her family suspects the camera are in fact for 90 Day Fiance.

I noticed that but in the beginning she had said it was younger people dating people from other countries, so what is the story she gave them? Or, is the story a story for the story line?  LOL

17 hours ago, ThinkerBell said:

Did Nicole lick her fingers while eating tagine with Azan's family, and then went back for more? That seems like all kinds of wrong.

Maybe I'm ignorant & need information, but, do they have napkins in Morocco?

Given the footage of her, Chantel is an alcoholic.  Pedro needs to RUN!  The red flags are there.  If he stays, and he will, at least she never hid her drunk and lazy side from him.  She acts like a Princess, and doesn't see the need to explain herself to anyone....not even herself.  Bringing Pedro here was half-baked, at best, and now she has no idea how to Man Up and deal with the situation.  Her friend was so kind!  She had great advice, but Princess Chantel was having none of it.  Vaya con Dios Chantel....Vaya con Dios.....

Anfisa deserves Jorge.  She's a hot mess and ITA with the person how said she managed to look cheap and dowdy in that $45,000 dress.  Yeah, Jorge, you Tell Them your Price Point first.  BTW, my favorite line from this show ever is Anfisa telling Jorge "You're Dumb."  yes, he is.

Alla is taking one for the team on this one.  Matt is a man child.  Comeon REALITYMAVEN and let us know the INSIDE on his previous 3 marriages!!  What was up with those?  Matt's friends are so protective of HIM...what about HER?  They are rude to her and ask pointed questions and she's got more class than all of them together.  Matt's messed up 3 times, put HIM on the spot and ask HIM "Why is this marriage going to be different?"  "What does she bring to the table for you?"  "What are you going to do if things start to go south?"  All sorts of questions a FRIEND might ask another FRIEND when they are embarking on their fourth marriage.   But DON'T ASK HER...she wasn't there for the first three marriages.

Really LIKE Azan.  My guess is that she presented herself Very Innocent and Sweet over the computer.  She's a big girl, but may have camouflaged her size online.  Maybe not.  Maybe the reality of her size "hit him" only when she got off the plane and was clumsy with her bag?  Men are visual, and he was bumming. Then the immaturity came through.  I bet his family is Very Invested in him marrying her and getting to the US.  Who can blame them?  She is ridiculous and now I beg Mr. Eme if I 'can kiss his shoulder'.....he usually says "NO!" and then I proceed to do it anyway and to say "I just wish we were in Moracco now so you could Show Me Off!"  heh....so fun!  

Edited by Eme
  • Love 7

Do you think Matt is running a tab at the Classy Castle (with suits of armor decor) for ALL FOUR of his engagement and wedding rings? Alla's diamond looks to be a good size, but it could be they specialize in those "$ 399 a carat" extremely occluded stones.  

• Love 1

That jewelry store...I checked out their online inventory and prices, HOLY COW, they have some expensive pieces for how dirty and costume-y they look, wow! Definitely has that "pawn shop" look to them, which I don't know how to explain other than dirty gold, fake-looking gemstones, and cloudy, crappy, cheap-looking diamonds (for the most part, I am sure the site has exceptions).  It just screams "pawn shop style jewelry" to me.

How far away do they store their dirty, greasy, road debris strewn tires from the jewelry? Looks like cross-contamination, or just what you'd get when you look at pawn store jewelry.

Do I make an iota of sense?

Edited by lallalla
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, withanaich said:

I know you're being funny -- and y'all are all hilarious -- but you might be on to something here. Maybe that's why Azan goes along with her horrible behavior? He (and his family, who also have reason to root for him to get a green card) are assuming that this is just the way all American women are, that it's a cultural thing and if he's going to get to the U.S., he's going to have to put up with pouting and assholery from someone, so it might as well be THIS someone?

It's a sobering thought, actually. I know they get their share of reality television over there. They might just think we're all crazy.

Nicole is acting as sort of an unstable, whining ambassador. 

Kind of kills the fun of it.

Please someone throw me a rationalization or a latte. Stat!!!!!

• Love 2
55 minutes ago, lallalla said:

That jewelry store...I checked out their online inventory and prices, HOLY COW, they have some expensive pieces for how dirty and costume-y they look, wow! Definitely has that "pawn shop" look to them, which I don't know how to explain other than dirty gold, fake-looking gemstones, and cloudy, crappy, cheap-looking diamonds (for the most part, I am sure the site has exceptions).  It just screams "pawn shop style jewelry" to me.

How far away do they store their dirty, greasy, road debris strewn tires from the jewelry? Looks like cross-contamination, or just what you'd get when you look at pawn store jewelry.

Do I make an iota of sense?

Believe me, not far away are stacks of CD's and televisions. I kid you not.

And the owner of the chain is a highly intelligent businessman, obscenely wealthy and yet very down to earth, who raised up his tawdry empire from scratch. I've met one of his sons several times; he spends a lot of his time in Europe. 

The son could buy Anfisa 20 of those dresses, but I guarantee you she'd be lucky to get a cup of coffee from him.

The outsides of the places are designed to look like brightly colored actual Castles. They scream WEDDING.

But many a happy couple has danced away from there with jewelry, and a used appliance on the side.

Oh, and the owner was involved in this true crime story, but he never did anything wrong. He was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-bluegrass-conspiracy-sally-denton/1123522815?ean=9781523824625&st=PLA&sid=BNB_DRS_Core+Shopping+Books_00000000&2sid=Google_&sourceId=PLGoP648&k_clickid=3x648 

Edited by CoachWristletJen
  • Love 3

If I were Chantal's parents, no way would I throw her a lavish wedding. It just galls me that she expects that. This whole thing is ridiculous and I can't help but think her family knows the what's up.

She's bummed they have no money to buy rings?  What did she think would happen?  Pedro has no way to support himself and no discernible skill set to be gainfully employed. How did she even have enough income and assets to qualify for him coming here?

• Love 9

If I were Chantal's parents, no way would I throw her a lavish wedding. It just galls me that she expects that.

Goodness, yes! I'd be so disappointed in my son for lying to me about that.  I'd certainly wouldn't be angry if he fell in love and got married this way.  It's his path.  If it works out, great.  If not, I'm here to help.  

Chantel seems like she does this type of thing all the time, except without the visa.  Lol. She probably lies to her parents over everything! "Daddy, I need some rent money this month or I'll be thrown out..." "here you go honey, rent money."  "GIGI! SHOPPING!"

• Love 5
2 hours ago, magemaud said:

Do you think Matt is running a tab at the Classy Castle (with suits of armor decor) for ALL FOUR of his engagement and wedding rings? Alla's diamond looks to be a good size, but it could be they specialize in those "$ 399 a carat" extremely occluded stones.  

Maybe he buys them in bulk. So convenient to always have on hand for marriages #5, #6, and so on.

• Love 2
16 hours ago, CoachWristletJen said:

Only in Kentucky does the place where you go to buy wedding rings have a play place for the kids. They know which comes first.

I almost died laughing... 

• Love 5
17 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

Honestly, my main concern about this episode, is what's going to happen with the kitten when Anfisa bolts? Seriously. Free the baby kitty!

Unfortunately nothing good, having worked at animal shelters I can tell you that Anfisa is the kind of person who will never clean the litter box which will eventually lead to the cat going to the bathroom on the carpet or someplace, which of course will lead to these idiots thinking there is something wrong with the cat and dumping it off at the city animal control center where it will likely be euthanized.

• Love 5

The skirt on that mid-priced Lexus isn't so bad,  but the bodice is hideous, especially on Anfisa. I know it wasn't fitted for her but it doesn't look to be made for someone with an ample chest. I have a hard time believing she really liked it. She just wanted to see if Jorge would pay for it..and he failed the test. 

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

If I were Chantal's parents, no way would I throw her a lavish wedding. It just galls me that she expects that. This whole thing is ridiculous and I can't help but think her family knows the what's up.

She's bummed they have no money to buy rings?  What did she think would happen?  Pedro has no way to support himself and no discernible skill set to be gainfully employed. How did she even have enough income and assets to qualify for him coming here?

I was wondering why Chantal had money to go on a vacation (aka spring break at 25, wtf) with Pedro, but doesn't have money for rings? Girl, your priorities are whack

one thing i haven't seen any comments about regarding Nicole and Azan...right before they met, his buddy was like "Smile no matter what" which made me think he is 100% in it for a green card. His friend was coaching him on how to pretend to be happy even if he didn't like her etc. which made me believe there isn't a chance he really does love or like her...

• Love 9
3 hours ago, NoeNoe said:

the bodice is hideous, especially on Anfisa. I know it wasn't fitted for her but it doesn't look to be made for someone with an ample chest.

She's also way too short for that dress AND a modeling career. 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, hatchetgirl said:

Was that azan's brother asking Nicole, incredulously,  if she'd read anything about their culture? God she is just so slovenly.  

Yuppers, and she immediately blamed Azan for not explaining the culture to her.  Somehow I get the feeling she's an expert at shifting blame.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, CoachWristletJen said:

Believe me, not far away are stacks of CD's and televisions. I kid you not.

And the owner of the chain is a highly intelligent businessman, obscenely wealthy and yet very down to earth, who raised up his tawdry empire from scratch. I've met one of his sons several times; he spends a lot of his time in Europe. 

The son could buy Anfisa 20 of those dresses, but I guarantee you she'd be lucky to get a cup of coffee from him.

The outsides of the places are designed to look like brightly colored actual Castles. They scream WEDDING.

But many a happy couple has danced away from there with jewelry, and a used appliance on the side.

Oh, and the owner was involved in this true crime story, but he never did anything wrong. He was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-bluegrass-conspiracy-sally-denton/1123522815?ean=9781523824625&st=PLA&sid=BNB_DRS_Core+Shopping+Books_00000000&2sid=Google_&sourceId=PLGoP648&k_clickid=3x648 

Fascinating! Thank you for sharing.

How neat that he's built his own empire out of that, I am sure it's taken many, many hours of work to get to the comfortable place he is now.

On 10/10/2016 at 9:06 AM, millennium said:

They probably had a special on wedding rings -- buy three, get the fourth one free.

Yup and he just went to pick up the free one LOL. The three divorces are finally paying off.