Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E06: Swimming With The Gefilte Fishes

• Start Topic

50 minutes ago, Iguessnot said:

I don't know why anyone takes any claim that the children don't know anything at face value. Although Teresa sticks to that story, observation of the family makes it clear that was never the case, so I don't let that mantra phase me one bit.

My point was that Joe is continuing to perpetuate the whole "camp" and "I don't know how long I'll be away" fabrication.  Poor Milania asked him point blank and still got the fairy tale.  Just not nice in my book.  That little girl deserves some honest answers and is asking for them rather clearly.

• Love 5

Dolores is still boring. Siggy is even more annoying than last episode, and her kids are assholes. I give credit to Melissa for shutting Jac down at lunch, and I have to wonder how she's going to react to Jac's tantrum on the next episode. Teresa has really changed in how she deals with people. I feel like prison has really made all of her fucks fly away, and now she's not willing to engage any more. I love that she walked away from Jac's baiting and BS last episode, and I'm glad that she's going to do the same when they're on vacation. Jac is totally unhinged. I don't think it's an act. I think that she was just hiding it better on past seasons. I also rolled my eyes hard at that 3 carat stone. Asslee can't even afford her own place, and somehow we're supposed to believe that her boyfriend can afford a 3 carat diamond?

• Love 9

I think I might understand how hard it is to explain this kind of law breaking and incarceration (although we've always been on the other side of the law, thank goodness) to young children considering their disparate ages and their understanding of the world. But I do believe that you have to be as honest as you can be with your children especially when one or both parents are being sent to prison for a long time. How about honestly telling your children what you did wrong, why you're being punished and for how long? Teach them a lesson that you should have learned when you were their ages. Of course, that would require that you truly understand and acknowledge what you have done wrong. Joe and Tre will never do that because they really don't believe they've done anything wrong. And that goes to how they were raised and who raised them. God bless those innocent children.

• Love 6

Maybe they don't want to have that kind of difficult conversation with their children on national television and explained it to them later. And even though they tried to get away with all sorts, they clearly know they've done wrong which is why they've served time in prison. They may have started using the term camp in the beginning to ease the girls into the reality of the situation, but I'm confident that any child in that house who can read knows what was up and saw the sign on their way in. They also know you don't go through security at camp and that for that matter there aren't really camps for adults like that.

I don't think we can assume they are not having difficult chats with the ones old enough to understand/handle it behind the scenes but they are not going to purposely reduce their children to tears for Jacqueline's and our viewing pleasure.

• Love 15
12 minutes ago, politichick said:

Maybe they don't want to have that kind of difficult conversation with their children on national television and explained it to them later. And even though they tried to get away with all sorts, they clearly know they've done wrong which is why they've served time in prison. They may have started using the term camp in the beginning to ease the girls into the reality of the situation, but I'm confident that any child in that house who can read knows what was up and saw the sign on their way in. They also know you don't go through security at camp and that for that matter there aren't really camps for adults like that.

I don't think we can assume they are not having difficult chats with the ones old enough to understand/handle it behind the scenes but they are not going to purposely reduce their children to tears for Jacqueline's and our viewing pleasure.

I agree. If the kids were making weekly visits to mom in prison, receiving calls from Teresa prefaced by "federal bureau of prisons" and the whole household is gearing up for the next parent to enter the slammer, there is no reason to discount that reality yet take Teresa's mantra as gospel. Teresa claimed for a long time that everything was fine and she wasn't going to jail. Yet from day one, she entered prison with her big girl panties on. 

Obviously despite her public denials, privately she had well prepared herself for the storm. Similarly I'm sure her children are prepared in some way for the storm.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, politichick said:

I agree. I don't think it hurts anything to let Milani "pretend" her parents are going to "camp" and that her father will come home quickly. I think she knows inside what the truth is, but if that's what she needs to hear and say out loud, in public, or on camera in order to cope, why not?

• Love 8
9 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

Jacko has had so many procedures and tightenings of the face that her eyes are moving to the side of her head like a fish. I don't know if the nose is off kilter or if her features aren't moving towards the side at the same rate. She literally gives everyone the side eye now.

tumblr_lvqj40tO1a1qga66wo1_250.gif

This might be the funniest fucking comment I have ever read in the history of the internet.  Got dammit I can't stop laughing!

• Love 9
4 hours ago, politichick said:

Do they?  I don't think so.  Maybe Joe.  But Tre?  No.  She's always has and continues to play the 'I didn't know what I was signing' card.  BS on that.

• Love 7

This franchise has really gone down the tubes.  Ziggy (?) just grates on me.  Her kids grate on me as well.

Tre and Joe just continue to live in their fantasy world.  I have no sympathy although I do feel for their children.  I hope Gabriella has the grades and enough student aid to get into a go away college.  Girl is over it. 

And I'll go over to the corner because I still like Jacs.  I read some of the comments before watching the episode and I didn't see any of the craziness that others have posted.  I think she's spot on about Tre.  And Tre 'was' the one who brought up her brother.  I think Jacs knows Joey well enough to not have to go through Mel.  Should she have called him?  Maybe not but I get her frustration with Tre because Tre has been full of BS since the franchise began.

I thought shopping with her daughter's boyfriend was sweet.  I didn't actually hear that he bought the three carat ring.  I hope the two of them do find happiness with each other now that Ashlee is pregnant. 

And yeah, there's a reason why the ankle bracelet was cut in the bathroom.  It was pretend.  Just like much of Tre's life.

• Love 8
8 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Why all of the demolition parties?  Maybe they are fun to have?  They are not fun to watch. 

Gosh, my thoughts exactly.  I was thinking - Oy.  Another demolition party?  Man, TPTB are seriously hurting for plot lines on these franchises.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, breezy424 said:

Do they?  I don't think so.  Maybe Joe.  But Tre?  No.  She's always has and continues to play the 'I didn't know what I was signing' card.  BS on that.

I have read her latest book (didn't buy it! checked it out of the library) and she absolutely DOES NOT THINK SHE DID ANYTHING WRONG.  She repeatedly says that when asked, she said she does not know why she is in prison.  She does not get it.  That is some level of delusion.  I was appalled.

• Love 14
9 hours ago, beesknees said:

Gosh, my thoughts exactly.  I was thinking - Oy.  Another demolition party?  Man, TPTB are seriously hurting for plot lines on these franchises.

I would much rather see any of these women from any franchise try to knock down a wall than see their pets pooping all over the place, which seemed to be a recurring scene either last season or the season prior with all of the franchises.  We either saw the pets squatting or there was close ups of the poop piles all over the place.

Also, as far as Dolores' renovation - I'm guessing that her ex-husband is paying for it?  Do we know if he owns the house she is living in?  It appeared as though he was just having the kitchen cabinets refaced rather than replaced.  Not that there's anything wrong with that, but didn't he think to consult Dolores about color choices, etc. - she seemed surprised when she walked in and saw plastic taped all over her open cabinets and the doors missing.

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 3

Oh Jac, you nutbag. I don't even know anymore with her. I'm really wondering if the dinner with Ashlee and the boyfriend was filmed before she got pregnant. Because the conversation made it seem like Ashlee was not ready for that.

I actually don't mind Siggy. Yeah she's loud, but I would rather watch her than Jac. I cannot stand her children though. Her son was very disrespectful at the dinner table, especially with his grandparents being there. I like Delores's kids much better, especially the daughter. She seems very dedicated to her education. On a shallow note, Siggy's mother was absolutely beautiful in her wedding pictures.

I normally don't mind Gia, but it really pissed me off that she started laughing when Melania brought up that they were calling her fat.

Edited by MaggieG
  • Love 4

She repeatedly says that when asked, she said she does not know why she is in prison.  She does not get it.  That is some level of delusion.  I was appalled.

In the first or second episode, where she's in Joe's office, doesn't she ask Joe about an unopened or delinquent bill...and he casually says "Oh yeah...I didn't recognize the name or what it's about so I just ignored it." ? I'm paraphrasing here, but his nonchalant attitude was alarming and it made me wonder how he ever maintained the books at any of his businesses. Or, maybe he doesn't care now that the damage has been done and it's inevitable that he's going to camp. 

Even in the trailer for season 7, JoeGo asks T "are you mad at Joe? Because I know you didn't do anything wrong." This "Teresa was a victim" narrative needs to STOP, but I doubt it will. (And you know what, I don't even think JoeGo believes that Teresa's innocent, but he's sticking up for his sister on camera.) I don't know if Teresa is maintaining her innocence for the sake of image or what, but it doesn't do her any favors. And I'm sure her kids see right through it, too. 

• Love 4
14 hours ago, Rainny said:

I agree. I don't think it hurts anything to let Milani "pretend" her parents are going to "camp" and that her father will come home quickly. I think she knows inside what the truth is, but if that's what she needs to hear and say out loud, in public, or on camera in order to cope, why not?

The prison system does refer to them as camps.  Fort Dix is portrayed by the prison system as a satellite camp.  I took my friends kids to see their dad "at camp" and it looked like a sleep-away camp.  He was convicted of moving tons of coke and could come and go freely into town, was on a softball team and a bowling team.  His famous words, "If you have to get arrested, feds are the best way to go".  He only served 5 years of a 20 year sentence and completely turned his life around and now works as a general manager for a construction company.  He and I were talking and he said Tre repeating over and over that it will never happen again tells him she learned her lesson.  I had no idea that people, I'm looking at you Apollo, use their time to get better at whatever crime they did.

The Lauritas are not out of the woods.  This little stint on tv could actually hurt their case.  Just because they offered a settlement does not mean it will be accepted and it looks like it was not accepted.  Jac is just as stupid as Tre was with trying her case on tv and trying to convince people they did nothing wrong.  I would love to see Jac do the perp walk.

• Love 8
20 minutes ago, jumper sage said:

The prison system does refer to them as camps.  Fort Dix is portrayed by the prison system as a satellite camp.  I took my friends kids to see their dad "at camp" and it looked like a sleep-away camp.  He was convicted of moving tons of coke and could come and go freely into town, was on a softball team and a bowling team.  His famous words, "If you have to get arrested, feds are the best way to go".  He only served 5 years of a 20 year sentence and completely turned his life around and now works as a general manager for a construction company.  He and I were talking and he said Tre repeating over and over that it will never happen again tells him she learned her lesson.  I had no idea that people, I'm looking at you Apollo, use their time to get better at whatever crime they did.

The Lauritas are not out of the woods.  This little stint on tv could actually hurt their case.  Just because they offered a settlement does not mean it will be accepted and it looks like it was not accepted.  Jac is just as stupid as Tre was with trying her case on tv and trying to convince people they did nothing wrong.  I would love to see Jac do the perp walk.

Didn't the Lauritas show up to court with their "lawyer" when the judge threw them out cause the guy wasn't a lawyer?

Saved the GIF for you to enjoy until the reality happens.

easter-island-transport.gif?resize=600,3

• Love 8
15 hours ago, Rainny said:

Oh, I agree that whatever makes Milania and her sisters feel more comfortable is okay and yes, I'm certain they're all very aware of what "camp" is.  I had the impression from that heartbreaking scene with Joe that she really wasn't sure how long he would be gone.  Joe does have a sentence and a pretty good idea of how long he will be away, but have they been honest with the girls?  I'm not so sure.  They certainly don't have a good track record with honesty on any front.  It's fine to try and make it as palatable for the girls as possible, such as saying, "I'm supposed to be away for X years, but of course, Daddy will take every opportunity to try and cut the time down to get back to you as quickly as possible."  My impression was that he was saying he didn't know at all, which could be a source of anxiety.  Plus, I always hated when I caught my parents in an intentional lie and it hurt our relationship.  Seeing how much Milania in particular adores Joe, it concerns me that he is setting her up for a lot of pain and is probably unaware of what he is doing.  But waddayagonnado?

• Love 1
13 hours ago, breezy424 said:

This franchise has really gone down the tubes.  Ziggy (?) just grates on me.  Her kids grate on me as well.

Tre and Joe just continue to live in their fantasy world.  I have no sympathy although I do feel for their children.  I hope Gabriella has the grades and enough student aid to get into a go away college.  Girl is over it. 

And I'll go over to the corner because I still like Jacs.  I read some of the comments before watching the episode and I didn't see any of the craziness that others have posted.  I think she's spot on about Tre.  And Tre 'was' the one who brought up her brother.  I think Jacs knows Joey well enough to not have to go through Mel.  Should she have called him?  Maybe not but I get her frustration with Tre because Tre has been full of BS since the franchise began.

I thought shopping with her daughter's boyfriend was sweet.  I didn't actually hear that he bought the three carat ring.  I hope the two of them do find happiness with each other now that Ashlee is pregnant. 

And yeah, there's a reason why the ankle bracelet was cut in the bathroom.  It was pretend.  Just like much of Tre's life.

I don't mind Jacqueline.  I think the drawback and she has not been any different since Season 1, is she has a low threshold for BS.  Be it Chris's sisters fudging about the book, or Danielle and her various stunts Season 2, Teresa and her treatment of her family and finally this last episode with the comments for Joe Gorga.  Why let it fester?  Teresa should have been the one making the call, oh that's right she wants to make the snowball but not throw it.  Jacqueline's other issue is she is going to let Teresa selectively move past the past.  She obviously can't do it when it comes to Kathy and Rosie, her family that she turned her back on.  I am quite certain they like making money as well.  She is still stuck on the deck incident.  It wasn't an attack or an ambush, it was Teresa not willing to own up to what she was doing at the time.

Teresa may have served her sentence but that sentence doesn't erase her various transgressions over the years.  Now Teresa is able to make money off her federal crimes, she feels like the world owes her a pass. 

Teresa would have been miles ahead, had she said, "why are we doing this?", instead of "let's go."  That would have shown growth.  If Jac had persisted that was the time to leave.

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

I don't mind Jacqueline.  I think the drawback and she has not been any different since Season 1, is she has a low threshold for BS.  Be it Chris's sisters fudging about the book, or Danielle and her various stunts Season 2, Teresa and her treatment of her family and finally this last episode with the comments for Joe Gorga.  Why let it fester?  Teresa should have been the one making the call, oh that's right she wants to make the snowball but not throw it.  Jacqueline's other issue is she is going to let Teresa selectively move past the past.  She obviously can't do it when it comes to Kathy and Rosie, her family that she turned her back on.  I am quite certain they like making money as well.  She is still stuck on the deck incident.  It wasn't an attack or an ambush, it was Teresa not willing to own up to what she was doing at the time.

Teresa may have served her sentence but that sentence doesn't erase her various transgressions over the years.  Now Teresa is able to make money off her federal crimes, she feels like the world owes her a pass. 

Teresa would have been miles ahead, had she said, "why are we doing this?", instead of "let's go."  That would have shown growth.  If Jac had persisted that was the time to leave.

Technically, Teresa isn't finished serving her sentence, she is on probation for 2 years, so she still has about 18 months left. LOL 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, KungFuBunny said:

Didn't the Lauritas show up to court with their "lawyer" when the judge threw them out cause the guy wasn't a lawyer?

Saved the GIF for you to enjoy until the reality happens.

easter-island-transport.gif?resize=600,3

That never gets old.  Thanks.

• Love 1

Siggy is just as loud and clueless about her own behavior as Tre - but I do like the color of the walls in her house. I'd like to trade a couple of these women for Kathy and Rosie!

• Love 1
20 hours ago, politichick said:

Maybe this is true. But, to me, Melania looked genuinely unsure about how long Joe would be gone. I do hope they were upfront with her about it in private. She deserves to know, instead of sitting around every day, hoping that's the day her daddy comes back. 

• Love 3

Joe told Milania she could visit every weekend. That may be a lie. Milania asked how long (she meant how long he'd be gone). He answered "as long as you want" meaning how long their visits would be. Also, a lie. Where is Joe serving his time?

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 1

Perhaps Tre did explain this honestly and openly to her older daughters off camera. Perhaps Joe did the same thing. Perhaps they both do actually understand that they are criminals who were sentenced to prison for their crimes. However, I've seen no evidence of this on the show which is all we really have to rely on as far as what they know and believe. They are both criminals who still owe a lot of money to the "little" people who depend on contractors to pay their bills and support their families. I have enormous sympathy for those girls but it's Tre's responsibility to be honest and do better for them. If any of you have any evidence that Tre and Joe have been honest with those girls, I'm more than willing to hear it. My belief is that they are both still lying criminals who will never admit what they did and deserved their punishments in prison. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Maybe this is true. But, to me, Melania looked genuinely unsure about how long Joe would be gone. I do hope they were upfront with her about it in private. She deserves to know, instead of sitting around every day, hoping that's the day her daddy comes back. 

Yeah, I think giving her a time frame would make her feel like she had more control. Children like consistency, they need to know what's going to happen, it makes them feel safe. He could say that he'll be back home when she graduates from elementary school. I think that's right, he's going for three years and she'll be in middle school by then, maybe in seventh grade.  I think it would be helpful but...

But then we have the whole deportation factor so who the hell knows. He'll come home only to be thrown out of the country. What a mess they've made for these kids. If that happens, I have no doubt that Milania would want to go with him.

Edited by represent
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, represent said:

Yeah, I think giving her a time frame would make her feel like she had more control. Children like consistency, they need to know what's going to happen, it makes them feel safe. He could say that he'll be back home when she graduates from elementary school. I think that's right, he's going for three years and she'll be in middle school by then, maybe in seventh grade.  I think it would be helpful but...

But then we have the whole deportation factor so who the hell knows. He'll come home only to be thrown out of the country. What a mess they've made for these kids. If that happens, I have no doubt that Milania would want to go with him.

Joe has a deportation hearing before he leaves prison-so there is no going home when he is deported.

I can't stand the crooks but I do think it is hard to tell a child Daddy won't be home until 03/19/2019 or maybe until 2029, I can just see little Milania with calendars on her wall crossing off the dates. Usually they let you back in the country after deportation 10 years late.  Although she is eleven, she seems pretty delayed in some areas.  Teresa's was easy-she will be home for Christmas.

• Love 5

This whole thing really breaks my heart for those children. They are the innocent ones in this mess. Tre and Joe should be so very ashamed at what they've done to those girls, now and for the rest of their lives.

• Love 5

Siggy's son is really obnoxious.  I also think her father should stay out of the conversation when she's trying to discipline him.  The "leave him alone, stop with the phone, he goes to school, he gets good grades" totally undermines her attempts to parent the little twerp.  

It will amaze me if Joe gets deported.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Bronzedog said:

Siggy's son is really obnoxious.  I also think her father should stay out of the conversation when she's trying to discipline him.  The "leave him alone, stop with the phone, he goes to school, he gets good grades" totally undermines her attempts to parent the little twerp.  

It will amaze me if Joe gets deported.

This annoyed me very much, you mind your business when folks are disciplining their children unless they are clearly abusing them. Not only was Siggy's father out of line, but so was her sister. I mean who the hell is the child here?  Then, it looks unfair that the daughter had her phone confiscated for the same reasons pretty much, but her brother gets to keep his?  So what he gets good grades, the good grades in the end are for him, because mommy Siggy already has her education and can take care of herself. Now I'm not saying you don't reward your kid for good grades, but I personally don't believe in raising them to feel entitled to any privileges. They don't get to NOT follow rules, or to not be expected to have some balance, basic manners, when it comes to use of cell phones and social media just because they are doing their job, which is to go to school, work hard, and try their best to do well. What is this mentality? I don't agree with it and I didn't agree with her father and sister butting in at that moment in front of her son. If you feel the need to butt in at all, please at least do it when the kids aren't in the room.

Edited by represent
  • Love 4

I like Dolores.  I think she brings a sense of sanity to the show - that is needed. 

I also like her kids Frankie and Gabby.   I can't believe cutie Frankie is only 17 - especially when you compare him to whining, smarmy Josh - Siggy's obnoxious son.

• Love 5
17 hours ago, represent said:

I heard they moved him to illegal immigrant portion of the prison.  That aint good.  He could get released and then at the same time be held by immigration and shipped out.

1 hour ago, ElsbethTascioni said:

I also can't imagine that Joe is seriously going to be deported. He's basically lived his whole life in the US, his parents and sibling are here. His wife and kids are here. He's a non-violent criminal. It seems unlikely.

My question is this.  He was brought here as a small child.  How did everyone in his family but him get citizenship?  How could that be?

They can throw you out at any time.  In the Detroit Public Schools they had tons of Canadian teachers who accepted the pay and working conditions and they were all stripped of their work visas and had to wait to come back to the US as visitors for years.  They live 5 minutes over the boarder.  They did nothing wrong and now the DPS can't keep teachers.  Hmmmmm

• Love 4

I really don't know how he's not a citizen but everyone else in his family is. I immigrated with my family when I was 10, and I automatically became a citizen when my parents did, because I was a minor when they applied for citizenship. He's not that much older than me. The whole situation is weird.

• Love 3

Joe better have a damn good immigration attorney. The reason he's not a citizen could be (and I'm speculating, I don't know what happened) he and his family became green card holders after moving and he just kept the green card, i.e permanent resident card, and just never applied for citizenship. You have to be a green card holder for 5 years before applying for citizenship. If it's the case that he has been a  permanent resident since being here, there really is not excuse for him not to have become a citizen. He could have done it at any time. His wife and children are citizens. The application costs $680. (That is what I paid when becoming a citizen) .He probably didn't think that he would ever be deported when he broke the law because he has lived here practically his whole life.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, ElsbethTascioni said:

I also can't imagine that Joe is seriously going to be deported. He's basically lived his whole life in the US, his parents and sibling are here. His wife and kids are here. He's a non-violent criminal. It seems unlikely.

I don't think it's just the violent criminals being sent home.  I think there's a grey area here. I was actually watching a hearing on the criteria for illegal immigrants who would be sent home and I recall the administration's representative stating that all the parameters hadn't been worked out yet, because the GOP reps. were presenting other scenarios for what they thought should be reasons to deport illegal immigrants. So you're and illegal immigrant and you're cheating American citizens/gov't out of large amounts of money.  Yeah, I don't know if he's escaping this, so stupid, so very stupid. 

Edited by represent
  • Love 3
27 minutes ago, represent said:

I don't think it's just the violent criminals being sent home.  I think there's a grey area here. I was actually watching a hearing on the criteria for illegal immigrants who would be sent home and I recall the administration's representative stating that all the parameters hadn't been worked out yet, because the GOP reps. were presenting other scenarios for what they thought should be reasons to deport illegal immigrants. So you're and illegal immigrant and you're cheating American citizens/gov't out of large amounts of money.  Yeah, I don't know if he's escaping this, so stupid, so very stupid. 

Responding to this in The Trials and Tribulations of Joe and Tre. 

18 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Yes! Her father really irritated me when he said that. Never correct a parent's parenting, especially in front of the child. Plus, it wasn't just about the phone. The kid was flat out rude. He declared he was on the phone because he was bored with what everyone else was talking about. Oh, I'm so sorry they weren't discussing Just Timberlake or Pokemon Go (no idea what kids are into these days, sorry!) - but how often does all your family get together? He could have put the phone down for an hour and been polite to his guests. He's not 5, he's old enough to know better. 

5 hours ago, ElsbethTascioni said:

I also can't imagine that Joe is seriously going to be deported. He's basically lived his whole life in the US, his parents and sibling are here. His wife and kids are here. He's a non-violent criminal. It seems unlikely

I hope you're right. That would be just devastating for their family. You reap what you sow, I know...but the kids didn't sow any of this. 

• Love 6
20 hours ago, Gam2 said:

This whole thing really breaks my heart for those children. They are the innocent ones in this mess. Tre and Joe should be so very ashamed at what they've done to those girls, now and for the rest of their lives.

Except for the fact that neither lying grifter has the capacity to truly give a rat's ass about anything other than themselves...which, of course, precludes any possibility whatever of either of them ever feeling even the teeniest bit ashamed.....the only thing that bothers them is that they got caught.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, jumper sage said:

I heard they moved him to illegal immigrant portion of the prison.  That aint good.  He could get released and then at the same time be held by immigration and shipped out.

My question is this.  He was brought here as a small child.  How did everyone in his family but him get citizenship?  How could that be?

They can throw you out at any time.  In the Detroit Public Schools they had tons of Canadian teachers who accepted the pay and working conditions and they were all stripped of their work visas and had to wait to come back to the US as visitors for years.  They live 5 minutes over the boarder.  They did nothing wrong and now the DPS can't keep teachers.  Hmmmmm

Couldn't happen to a more deserving felon...

As to the citizenship thing, I have an in-law who came to the US as a young child with her parents.....she had a green card until they all decided to go the citizenship route and she did need to go through the entire application for citizenship process (at which time they had all been in the US legally, green cards renewed or whatever is required, whenever due for well over a decade and a half) regardless of her, and her siblings, age/s at the time their parents brought them to the US....and today the entire family are US citizens.

Edited by becauseIsaidso
adding clarifying information

Siggy and Delores provide some new material for the show and are a throwback to the old format.  I do wonder if they had been added in aeason 6 instead of the twins and amber.. we probably wouldnt have had to endure Jacquelines descent into cray cray land.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, MaggieG said:

He probably didn't think that he would ever be deported when he broke the law because he has lived here practically his whole life.

In exactly the same way he didn't think he'd get caught when he lied, cheated and stole from everyone. Enjoy your "camping" dumb ass!

• Love 4

I'm SICK of Jaqueline.  She acts as if she is unhinged.  Siggy is completely pointless on the show.  For Dolores to be long time friends with some of the cast, she doesn't seem like she fits in either.  The season is so disjointed.  To be honest, the show could just be Jaqueline, Teresa and Melissa without the others being cast members.

• Love 2

Joe declaring his not knowing he wasn't a US citizen just says volumes about him.  Um.  Did you never look at your passport?   The guy is just arrogant as heck. 

Yes, I feel for his children because they are innocent victims but this is all on Joe.  Just as Tre's crimes are on Tre.  I'm so sick of them (well mostly Tre) whining about how this all affects their children.  Well, you should have thought of that before you both did what you did.

• Love 4

I think it is possible (not certain, wouldn't actually bet on it) that Joe may have thought his Italian passport was because he was born in Italy.  The level of lack of understanding I have personally witnessed about citizenship and passports is astounding.

Edited by NYCFree
  • Love 5

But he would have had to re-up his green card periodically, or else he was an illegal alien.  After a permanent residence status is granted, the green card is only good for 10 years.  He's in his 40s and has been here since he was 1, that’s quite a few green cards, several since he was over 18 and in charge of the process on his own as an adult.  Also, he would have a different process for obtaining a passport, and they've traveled to and from Italy fairly often, it seems, so I imagine he's had several passports as well, and he had to have noticed that he and T had different passports and got them differently.

• Love 1
On 8/23/2016 at 8:39 AM, archer1267 said:

In the first or second episode, where she's in Joe's office, doesn't she ask Joe about an unopened or delinquent bill...and he casually says "Oh yeah...I didn't recognize the name or what it's about so I just ignored it." ? I'm paraphrasing here, but his nonchalant attitude was alarming and it made me wonder how he ever maintained the books at any of his businesses. Or, maybe he doesn't care now that the damage has been done and it's inevitable that he's going to camp. 

Even in the trailer for season 7, JoeGo asks T "are you mad at Joe? Because I know you didn't do anything wrong." This "Teresa was a victim" narrative needs to STOP, but I doubt it will. (And you know what, I don't even think JoeGo believes that Teresa's innocent, but he's sticking up for his sister on camera.) I don't know if Teresa is maintaining her innocence for the sake of image or what, but it doesn't do her any favors. And I'm sure her kids see right through it, too. 

I don't think Teresa is maintaining her innocence.  I get from what she's said and what's in her book that she knows she did wrong but when she was asked by Joe to sign papers she did, not understanding that what she was doing was a crime.  That said, ignorance of the law is no excuse and you don't see Teresa saying she was wrongly convicted or shouldn't have been sent away.  She says she didn't understand at the time she was committing a serious crime and I believe her.  Teresa is, how can I say this, not bright?  A trifle dim?  I say that with no judgement, she's a good mother, a loyal daughter and wife and a passable friend.  But she has a basic high school education and that's it for book learnin'.  After that she went to a fashion school and then was a buyer for Macy's I believe.  You don't have to be a genius to be a buyer, if you play your cards right you don't even have to do your own paperwork.  I know, I used to work in retail and knew quite a few buyers.  She has said time and time again that she would never ever again sign any kind of document without knowing exactly what it is.  She's learned her lesson.  I think she feels shame about being a convicted criminal and going to jail and doesn't like to have it thrown in her face or even talk about it.

• Love 1