Type keyword(s) to search

The Other Duggars: The Lost Girls and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, louannems said:

Jordyn is sewing on the floor.  This reminds me of armless people who hold paint brushes with their toes.

https://m.facebook.com/duggarfamilyofficial/photos/a.518180528315601.1073741828.510067475793573/817697305030587/?type=3&source=54

Daddy Duggar must have received TLC money from Counting On!  Jordyn has already outgrown her bike.

https://m.facebook.com/duggarfamilyofficial/photos/a.518180528315601.1073741828.510067475793573/817697955030522/?type=3&source=54

13131204_817697305030587_82875427285567213087082_817697955030522_386402353884430

I didn't notice him at first, but once again poor Jackson is in line with the younger girls.  No wonder he can't mature & grow up.  He'll be 12 at the end of the month.  I hope "the littles" have been reminded how to take care of their new bikes.  Remember the long ago bike episode when  it was mentioned some of their older  bikes had been left out & rusted so they had to get new ones?  I agree with the posters that said the picture was a set up & possibly Wal-Mart or TLC paid for the bikes.   Who has ever seen a Wal-Mart look that clean & tidy? There isn't an item out of place on the shelves.  Besides the person way in the distance who looks like she is running to get out of the picture, no other shoppers or workers are shown.  Hmm.....

Poor Jordyn, having to sew while on the floor.  At least Janarella had a table when she worked on Jill's bridesmaids dresses. 

• Love 3

Poor Jackson. His brothers want nothing to do with him and even the girls are outgrowing him. 

Do any of the Duggar girls own a proper pair of shoes? 

I also agree that photo is staged. I've never seen a Walmart with perfectly clear aisles like that. Even if there aren't a lot of customers, there's always trolleys loaded with merchandise to be restocked on the shelves. 

• Love 3

That's actually Jenni.

Can Jackson be included in the lost girls? I have a hard time believing this boy is near 12 years of age. He seems and acts like a 5 year old.

Do they WANT children that stay children for ever? I mean really? Does the Dugtards not realise that when they are old and need looking after, a bunch of child-adults won't be doing it because they can barely look after themselves?

• Love 4

They need to get the lost girls better shoes. The poor things are wearing what looks like rubber flip-flops that are way too big for them. The Duggars need to spend more than a buck on decent shoes.

• Love 6

Grossie Josie gets crocs, but she is a miwacle, after all, born without a neck.

Jenny is now allowed to use curling irons. 

Michelle using a shopping cart for her handbag, she is that dumb. There's a bottle of something in her bag. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, MunichNark said:

That's actually Jenni.

Can Jackson be included in the lost girls? I have a hard time believing this boy is near 12 years of age. He seems and acts like a 5 year old.

Do they WANT children that stay children for ever? I mean really? Does the Dugtards not realise that when they are old and need looking after, a bunch of child-adults won't be doing it because they can barely look after themselves?

Eegads!! He would be leaving elementary school and heading to junior high here (7,8 and 9). He would not be in the same school as the girls anymore. 

4 hours ago, Zahdii said:

Obvious staged photo.  And I've learned from experience to never buy a bike from Walmart.  They don't hold up.

You're right.  Never in my life have a seen a Walmart that clean and neatly stocked.

(edited)
1 hour ago, ingenting said:

Grossie Josie gets crocs, but she is a miwacle, after all, born without a neck.

Jenny is now allowed to use curling irons. 

Michelle using a shopping cart for her handbag, she is that dumb. There's a bottle of something in her bag. 

Now that I've seen the pictures enlarged, I also wondered who curled Jenni's hair, or if she maybe just braided it wet overnight. 

And Jackson? WTH? He turns 12 in two weeks, which in Duggarland means he's supposed to be a complete asset to the family, not a burden, like Grossie Josie and Jordyn, or a partial burden like Jenni and Hannie (ages 8-12). Justin is about 18 months older than Jackson, but he's already a full-fledged mechanic!!!!! 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 8
13 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

The problem is: will THEY let Jackson be Jackson? 

Do Jimchelle have the energy to make the howlers be nice to him? Could they even get the howlers to behave and not be howler monkeys? Jackson being a  "Lost Boy" seems easier, and Jimchelle are lazy. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I think the condition of the Walmart store  comes down to the management. The one near my home is very clean and tidy; the Walmart in a nearby town  (a nice town with a slightly higher socioeconomic level than mine) is disgusting. I also feel the need to point out that in many communities, Wally World isn't just for obese, toothless hicks. I'm very middle class myself, but I run into wealthy people there all the time.  

Sorry if I'm coming off as a Walmart apologist--I'm no fan of their personnel policies. I really need to be supporting my local Target instead, since the "godly" folk are determined to drive it out of business, but I really need those low-low Walmart prices right now. 

Edited by Portia
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, Zahdii said:

Obvious staged photo.  And I've learned from experience to never buy a bike from Walmart.  They don't hold up.

I've heard a lot of people lament this. My three sons all had Walmart bikes. They rode them until they outgrew them and then they passed them on to younger cousins. Of course, my children are all adults now, so this was a while ago and maybe the quality has gone down since then...?

• Love 2
34 minutes ago, ingenting said:

Walmart are notorious for forcing suppliers to meet their price points. 

The Duggars & Walmart are a perfect match.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Portia said:

I think the condition of the Walmart store  comes down to the management. The one near my home is very clean and tidy; the Walmart in a nearby town  (a nice town with a slightly higher socioeconomic level than mine) is disgusting. I also feel the need to point out that in many communities, Wally World isn't just for obese, toothless hicks. I'm very middle class myself, but I run into wealthy people there all the time.  

Sorry if I'm coming off as a Walmart apologist--I'm no fan of their personnel policies. I really need to be supporting my local Target instead, since the "godly" folk are determined to drive it out of business, but I really need those low-low Walmart prices right now. 

Tend to agree.  I'm also no fan of their personnel policies, but, there are some nice Walmarts around where I live now and there were several in old town, two of which were very nice.  I do love a Target though.

• Love 4

Mullet and Boob, while you are in Walmart, why not buy the lost girls some decent shoes. I shudder at the thought of them riding their new bikes with flip-flops that are way to big for them.

• Love 12
7 hours ago, ingenting said:

Walmart are notorious for forcing suppliers to meet their price points. 

Yup. Suppliers have to sign a contract if Wal Mart puts an item on sale, the supplier has to lower their cost  or give Wal Mart a credit for the difference. The suppliers eat the sales, not Wal Mart. Target for life here. 

• Love 1

They save a bundle of money outfitting those little girls in flip flops.  I noticed during the "treehouse" construction the guys were wearing coats and some of those little girls were outside in short sleeves and flip flops.  I imagine they dress themselves these days and little attention is paid to what they are up  to.

• Love 3

And they don't even look like decent flip flops.  They look like the cheapo ones always on sale a Joanne's Fabrics that are meant for crafty embellishing.  They cost a dollar and the color stains your feet (with dye that is probably toxic, lol!).

I got nothing against a good pair of flip flops, but no matter the quality - they are not appropriate for every occasion and they are certainly not for wearing during cold weather.  And I agree with Lillybee -  wearing them while bike riding is a bad idea, especially when they don't fit!  But I guess it's easier for the kids to just slip them on since there doesn't seem to be anyone around to tie their shoes or teach them how to do it themselves now that Jill and Jessa have flown the coop.  I mean, Jana can't do everything.  

• Love 2
(edited)

After seeing the mothers day skit, the only howler there is any hope for is the sinner twin. Go sinner twin, turn 18 and goooooooo

No evidence, but I think the other twin and Jason narc'd on him. 

Edited by sometimesy
  • Love 2
On May 10, 2016 at 9:36 AM, lulu69 said:

The little girls probably want to be like the big girls (Jill, et al) in all their flip flop glory.

Is there such a thing as flip flop glory? Surprised they are still allowed to be photographed wearing flip flops after the Wikifeet incident  that occurred after the photo of Derick painting Jill's toes on Instagram.

3 hours ago, sometimesy said:

After seeing the mothers day skit, the only howler there is any hope for is the sinner twin. Go sinner twin, turn 18 and goooooooo

No evidence, but I think the other twin and Jason narc'd on him. 

Oh no. I missed the mothers day skit.

Poor little Jenni. Sitting on the floor sewing? Her poor little back. Hope she doesn't run her finger under the needle. That's just awful.

On 5/2/2016 at 1:56 PM, Aja said:

Okay, trying to quote NewDays about sewing on the floor. I must be doing something wrong.

Uh oh. I think I may have been a Duggar. Help me. In addition to wearing flip flops and going barefoot I would actually sew on occasion like that. And worse yet, when I was about 10 or 11 I had a burn on my foot. My friends mom asked me what happened and I said I burned it while ironing.  I mentioned the moms odd look on her face to my older sister. My sister took great pleasure in telling be that normal people to iron on the floor. Well til this day I beg to differ.

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Uh oh. I think I may have been a Duggar. Help me. In addition to wearing flip flops and going barefoot I would actually sew on occasion like that. And worse yet, when I was about 10 or 11 I had a burn on my foot. My friends mom asked me what happened and I said I burned it while ironing.  I mentioned the moms odd look on her face to my older sister. My sister took great pleasure in telling be that normal people to iron on the floor. Well til this day I beg to differ.

Ummmmmm. I iron on the floor. ?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, NewDigs said:

Poor little Jenni. Sitting on the floor sewing? Her poor little back. Hope she doesn't run her finger under the needle. That's just awful.

Wasn't 'really' a skit. Just their message to the mom Dugg. Didn't mean to mislead people ..my bad. 

• Love 1
49 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I still sew on the floor sometimes.

• Love 2
On 5/11/2016 at 6:35 PM, NewDigs said:

I dunno.

The Dullard contribution approached skit status.

But now I'm disappointed we didn't get an interpretive dance.

Could have been epic.

Since when are Duggars allowed to dance? 

• Love 2

The interpretative dance is a reference to the godawful interpretive dance crucifiction skit starring Derick that I posted here around the holidays. I think it came from when the majority of the Duggar clan was in Danger America in December. It was singularly awful. Sorry, but I am too lazy to go back 6 months and find that stuff on his IG feed. But if you haven't seen it, trust me, it was horrible. 

• Love 5
On 5/14/2016 at 10:57 PM, Sew Sumi said:

The interpretative dance is a reference to the godawful interpretive dance crucifiction skit starring Derick that I posted here around the holidays. I think it came from when the majority of the Duggar clan was in Danger America in December. It was singularly awful. Sorry, but I am too lazy to go back 6 months and find that stuff on his IG feed. But if you haven't seen it, trust me, it was horrible. 

Horrible is putting it mildly.

• Love 3
28 minutes ago, toodles said:

Horrible is putting it mildly.

I can just imagine what the local folks said when they got home.

Mom: How was your day?

Kids: Well, we watched these Americans walk around around the soccer field in a cluster. They had material tucked in their clothes and kept moving their arms and making odd faces. But we got some fruit chews, so we might go back. 

• Love 8
(edited)
17 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I can just imagine what the local folks said when they got home.

Mom: How was your day?

Kids: Well, we watched these Americans walk around around the soccer field in a cluster. They had material tucked in their clothes and kept moving their arms and making odd faces. But we got some fruit chews, so we might go back. 

I think everyone were also shaking their heads in disbelief and muttering dumbass under their breath.

Edited by toodles
  • Love 7
On May 11, 2016 at 4:47 PM, NewDigs said:

She might have found sitting on the floor more comfortable than trying to reach the foot pedal from the table or reach the machine.  My mom set me up with my toy sewing machine on a kid sized work area so I cold reach everything.  I can't believe the Duggars don't have a home fooling desk for her to use. Kids are weird..they like to do their own thing but it does look like an accident waiting to happen.

• Love 1
On May 8, 2016 at 2:37 PM, Lillybee said:

They need to get the lost girls better shoes. The poor things are wearing what looks like rubber flip-flops that are way too big for them. The Duggars need to spend more than a buck on decent shoes.

They DO spend $ for good shoes. For the boys. Only

• Love 1

I guess it depends what's available in their sizes at the thrift stores. I heard Speshul Miwacle Josie gets Crocs, but the Lost Girls get busted flip flops. I doubt Josie's Crocs fit properly, either, come to think of it.  

I just hope Josie suffered no cognitive or developmental problems.  If her parents can't be bothered to get her shoes that fit properly, I doubt they can be bothered to leave their state of denial and "pray it away" to address any issues she may have. If this is how their favorite child is treated, heaven help the rest of them.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, NewDigs said:

I was hoping that was one of those vans with 3 rows of seats.

Or something.

Something other than that child in the driver's seat.

It looks to me like the picture is just flipped, and that Joy is in the driver's seat.

• Love 6

That is an odd picture but I think it is flipped.  Though that is James (I think?) who was in Jill's buddy team with Joy.  He got his permit before the Dillards went to CA when he was only 14. 

• Love 1

James has his seat so far reclined that the chest seat belt is a few inches in front of him. I'm assuming the pic is flipped. Sitting like that makes the seat belt a danger rather than a safety device. Maybe they're not even moving/driving, but when will they learn not to post pics of improper use of safety restraints in cars?

Or improper use of baby equipment? 

I think they all have it backward. It seems okay to restrain your child in the home, but not in a car.

• Love 3